NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Ended) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apto
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Mon May 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:Name: The Citadel of Ricks

Psst, this is a message for everyone but the Origin part of the apps is supposed to state the Franchise/series they come from, or if they're a OC.

That said, there's some worry over how Rick is usually seen and wanked, so previous experience with similar characters has us Reject the app.

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:Name: SCP-049
Origin: SCP

I'll say it again, please provide some fluff for the abilities and skills. How Stealthy is the SCP and whether said stealth is mundane or not, what is its limits etc.

Same goes Anatomical Knowledge, Surgical Skills, Precise Marksmanship, Multilingual, Immortality (Explain what it means in the app) and Reanimation (How long does the process take).

All those skills are useful, but without any explanation behind them, I can't really judge the app. Until that's fixed, Rejected.

Volcanu wrote:Name:Sino Jonas
Origin:Volcanu

Like I said above, that's not how the Origin part works.

I'll have to Reject the app. There isn't much to go on, really. It's very bare bones at the moment.
Last edited by Apto on Mon May 21, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is morality on the circumference of the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!

Previously, on "Bad Things Happening To Lovable Little Girls"....
- Flukes

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Sorry for the delay behind my posts recently. Was procrastinating.

Respite: Information about the whitesuit: Global Occult Coalition technology, used extensively for Strike Teams. It's a heavy powered set of armour, comparable or superior to Pilot suits in Titanfall 2, exoskeletons in recent CoDs and Iron Man Armour. Feats include:
- (All in the same mission:) Falling from 12,000 feet in the air, landing, then shooting a man. Then, running through a steel wire fence while taking three direct claymores in quick succession without any visible effect ("iron ball bearings pinging off the armour like water"), slamming through a cinderblock wall, running through a room of active shooters (and not bothering to shoot back), setting off a breaching explosive (while in the same room as said explosive) falling through the floor, setting off a claymore on the suit's back (shredding the rest of the room with tungsten pins), then running out of the AO at a casual 80 kilometres per hour while carrying two men.
- Contains a vision system (VERITAS) which compensates for aim, memetic hazards, pertinent information, e.t.c; all of which is directly uploaded to the brain. It can see EVE energy, allowing one to (limitedly) see through walls, locate any lifeforms nearby, and even gauge some of their abilities and emotions. Also comes with infrared, visible, memetic-filtered and ultraviolet vision.

Whitesuits are powered by energy cells in the lower back, and provide defence and offence utility far exceeding that of modern technology. They have advanced visual screening technology, a near endless power supply and possess full cloaking capability. For the sake of balance I'm removing the hostile enviro-gear and invisibility.

In regards to 049:
  • In Containment Breach and Secret Laboratory (near canon games), 049's footsteps are fairly quiet. However, 049-2 are loud enough to dispel any notion of 'stealth'. Still, I'm sure the black cloak doesn't hurt either.
  • Anatomical knowledge and surgical skills are inferred from the fact it can perform complex autopsies and surgeries on corpses and living beings; although nobody can actually tell what 049 is doing.
  • Precise marksmanship is a bust. I have no idea where that comes from, it's probably not canon.
  • Multilungual is that 049 can speak in French and English.
  • Immortality is that 049 is presumably ageless, since it's the working assumption for humanoids that don't require food or water.
  • Reanimation is a crude surgery performed on a corpse that takes between seconds in Secret Laboratory to minutes in canon. It reanimates any organism as an instance of 049-2. Anesthetic touch is the ability for 049 to almost instantly kill anyone should they come into skin contact. For the sake of balance, stronger individuals or more armoured individuals will presumably take longer to kill.

A quote from the page: "SCP-049 is capable of causing all biological functions of an organism to cease through direct skin contact. How this occurs is currently unknown, and autopsies of SCP-049's victims have invariably been inconclusive. SCP-049 has expressed frustration or remorse after these killings, indicating that they have done little to kill "The Pestilence", though will usually seek to then perform a crude surgery on the corpse using the implements contained within a black doctor's bag it carries on its person at all times. While these surgeries are not always "successful", they often result in the creation of instances of SCP-049-2.

SCP-049-2 instances are reanimated corpses that have been operated on by SCP-049. These instances do not seem to retain any of their prior memories or mental functions, having only basic motor skills and response mechanisms. While these instances are generally inactive, moving very little and in a generally ambulatory fashion, they can become extremely aggressive if provoked, or if directed to by SCP-049. SCP-049-2 instances express active biological functions, though these are vastly different from currently understood human physiology. Despite these alterations, SCP-049 often remarks that the subjects have been "cured"."
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

A dick

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 am

Name: Eldrad Ulthran
Origin: Warhammer 40K
Species: Eldar
Appearance: This
Powers & Abilities: Eldrad has supreme mastery over the psychic arts. Like all his Farseer kin, he can read the future by casting wraithbone runes, communicate telepathically across huge distances, and enter visionary trances that allow him to observe the galaxy without moving a muscle. In battle, he can melt the minds of those who cross him, summon eldritch blasts, and even hurl aside war machines with a pulse of thought. To Eldrad, such crude displays of power are last resorts. He is a master in the arts of manipulation, so adept at tipping the scales of destiny that he can influence the course of fate with a single death, just as a master fencer kills with a single thrust. He has saved the Craftworlds on numerous occasions. Once, he even attempted to save the men of the Imperium from the cataclysmic events of the Horus Heresy -- though his warnings fell on deaf ears.
Weaknesses: Despite his supreme psychic ability and intricate manipulations, Eldrad is still bulnerable to direct attacks. Things that can destroy the Chief Farseer are things such as weapons of mass destruction, which can destroy him from a safe distance. Daemons and other ethereal creatures whose strength is simply greater than his own can defeat him in single combat. Anyone who is better than him can best him(obviously).
Attack Potency: Town Level
Speed: Superhuman
Lifting Strength: Athlete
Striking Strength: Building
Durability: Wall
Stamina: Superhuman
Range: Several meters with psychic lightning, melee with witchblade, kilometers with his telepathy, and several meters with telekinesis.
Intelligence: Very High
Equipment on Hand:
Armour of the Last Runes - The runic scripts upon Eldrad's breastplate of Eldar Armour are incredibly powerful wards against harm. One schooled in deciphering Eldar Lexicon runes would see they speak of enduring until the final dying of the light.
Staff of Ulthamar - This ancient Force Staff is always carried by the chief Farseer of Ulthwé, and forms a hyperspatial link with the Infinity Circuit of that Craftworld. Drawing on its power, Eldrad is able to access the wellspring of power and wisdom that flows through the Craftworld, enhancing his psychic powers.
Shuriken Pistol - Shuriken Weapons (such as the pistol) are the primary type of anti-personnel weapons used by the Eldar. Utilising gravitic pulses, a mono-molecular disc of plasti-crystal taken from the weapon's magazine is accelerated down the barrel of the weapon, hurling it at the target at incredible velocity. The accelerator creates a peristaltic shift from the front to the rear of the firing chamber, hurling the shuriken missiles forward at a tremendous velocity. A burst of several missiles can be fired in a fraction of a second in this way. The weapon's magazine is then pushed up by a degree of nanometers and the cycle repeats. The disadvantage of Shuriken Weapons is that the lack of rifling in a Shuriken weapon's barrel reduces the weapon's accuracy drastically, thereby reducing its maximum range to one well under that of its solid slug ballistic counterparts. The Eldar minimise this disadvantage by utilising their own natural speed and their vehicles' lightning quick acceleration to close the distance with their enemies.
Witchblade - A Witchblade is the standard weapon of Eldar Warlocks and Farseers, and is essentially a potent Force Weapon. When wielded by a psyker in melee combat, they are utterly devastating. Used to enhance and unleash the latent psychic power of the wielder, Witchblades are effective against all targets; humanoid, xenos, beast, daemon or vehicle. A Witch Blade contains a helix-shaped, crystalline psychic matrix embedded with runes to channel and focus a Seer's psychic energies.
Ghosthelm - The Ghosthelm is a helmet worn by Eldar Farseers. It incorporates intricate crystalline psychic circuitry which helps to mask the wearer's soul or spirit in the Warp, protecting them from the depredations of daemons and other Warp entities.
Runes of Warding - Runes of warding are essentially rune shields that give limited protection from projectiles and melee attacks.
Runes of Witnessing - Runes of Witnessing can be seen as a holographic projection. The runes project a hologram, usually to show others what has happened in the past.
Brief Bio/History*: Eldrad is the Chief Farseer of the Craftworld of Ulthwe, and is the great manipulator that steers fate into the favor of the dying Eldar race. As he and the Ynnari fought the daemons of Slaanesh on the Crone World of Belial IV in an effort to retrieve one of the Crone Swords, a dimensional rift opened in the midst of the battle, devouring the Chief Farseer and a small segment of the Ynnari warhost: 4 Wraithblades, 3 Wraithguard, 10 Dire Avengers, a Spiritseer, and 7 Fire Dragons. They were thrown into the abyss, never to be seen again...
Brief Personality Description*: The archmanipulator that is Eldrad puts the survival of the Eldar race above all else. He will sacrifice a thousand human worlds to save one Craftworld if need be. Anyone that is not an Eldar is either a foe that is to be destroyed or a tool to be used. That is the painful truth in this galaxy of pain.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:In regards to 049:
  • In Containment Breach and Secret Laboratory (near canon games), 049's footsteps are fairly quiet. However, 049-2 are loud enough to dispel any notion of 'stealth'. Still, I'm sure the black cloak doesn't hurt either.
  • Anatomical knowledge and surgical skills are inferred from the fact it can perform complex autopsies and surgeries on corpses and living beings; although nobody can actually tell what 049 is doing.
  • Precise marksmanship is a bust. I have no idea where that comes from, it's probably not canon.
  • Immortality is that 049 is presumably ageless, since it's the working assumption for humanoids that don't require food or water.
  • Reanimation is a crude surgery performed on a corpse that takes between seconds in Secret Laboratory to minutes in canon. It reanimates any organism as an instance of 049-2. Anesthetic touch is the ability for 049 to almost instantly kill anyone should they come into skin contact. For the sake of balance, stronger individuals or more armoured individuals will presumably take longer to kill.

A quote from the page: "SCP-049 is capable of causing all biological functions of an organism to cease through direct skin contact. How this occurs is currently unknown, and autopsies of SCP-049's victims have invariably been inconclusive. SCP-049 has expressed frustration or remorse after these killings, indicating that they have done little to kill "The Pestilence", though will usually seek to then perform a crude surgery on the corpse using the implements contained within a black doctor's bag it carries on its person at all times. While these surgeries are not always "successful", they often result in the creation of instances of SCP-049-2.

SCP-049-2 instances are reanimated corpses that have been operated on by SCP-049. These instances do not seem to retain any of their prior memories or mental functions, having only basic motor skills and response mechanisms. While these instances are generally inactive, moving very little and in a generally ambulatory fashion, they can become extremely aggressive if provoked, or if directed to by SCP-049. SCP-049-2 instances express active biological functions, though these are vastly different from currently understood human physiology. Despite these alterations, SCP-049 often remarks that the subjects have been "cured"."

Thank you for all of this! That said, if I got this right, 049's Stealth isn't anything spooky in nature. Dude just has light footsteps and clothes that help, did I get this right?

Is it confirmed that the SCP can speak the language of those around it? Or is it just the two? If so, then it's probably more accurate to say that it's Bilingual than Multilingual.

Requiring no food and being ageless sounds like it fits 3 out of 4 of my own characters. Never really thought of putting that in their apps. Ah well, it's probably best for the SCP to keep it in their app then.

Finally, skin contact. Is that a hard and fast rule? As in if the dude is wearing full plate armor or the doctor is wearing ordinary gloves, the touch won't work since there's layers of material in between? Or is it more liberal, and still works as long as there's physical contact even with gloves/armor?

Korhal IVV wrote:Name: Eldrad Ulthran

Not gonna judge this app yet, but I will say that I feel like a Eldar Farseer would have higher durability than Human level due to all the magic he has.

Might take a while to acceot/reject, gotta talk to the others first about how we'll handle Divination.

- Flukes

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Tue May 22, 2018 6:19 am

Apto wrote:

Thank you for all of this! That said, if I got this right, 049's Stealth isn't anything spooky in nature. Dude just has light footsteps and clothes that help, did I get this right?

Is it confirmed that the SCP can speak the language of those around it? Or is it just the two? If so, then it's probably more accurate to say that it's Bilingual than Multilingual.

Requiring no food and being ageless sounds like it fits 3 out of 4 of my own characters. Never really thought of putting that in their apps. Ah well, it's probably best for the SCP to keep it in their app then.

Finally, skin contact. Is that a hard and fast rule? As in if the dude is wearing full plate armor or the doctor is wearing ordinary gloves, the touch won't work since there's layers of material in between? Or is it more liberal, and still works as long as there's physical contact even with gloves/armor?

Not gonna judge this app yet, but I will say that I feel like a Eldar Farseer would have higher durability than Human level due to all the magic he has.

Might take a while to acceot/reject, gotta talk to the others first about how we'll handle Divination.

• Yup. Stealth is just black clothes and light footsteps. And a really soft voice, even when angry.
  • The SCP spoke French and English to a scientist, but beyond that the article never stipulates how they talk. They're presumably limited to the languages they know, and can't just adapt to anyone around them.
  • "Skin contact" is fairly liberal in game. It works equally well on fully armoured elite MTF soldiers, barely-clothed D-class and entirely unprotected animals. It appears to be contingent on how much "health" the victim has to begin with, so say, Goku would take way longer than a regular human; and a gorilla would take longer than a goldfish. But in the article, the language pretty explicitly states direct skin contact. Depends on which canon (and balance_ you subscribe to.
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Tue May 22, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue May 22, 2018 6:58 am

Apto wrote:

Assumably Divination may not even work at all in a different universe, given that it needs the Warp to work...
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Menschenfleisch wrote:
Apto wrote:Thank you for all of this! That said, if I got this right, 049's Stealth isn't anything spooky in nature. Dude just has light footsteps and clothes that help, did I get this right?

• Yup. Stealth is just black clothes and light footsteps. And a really soft voice, even when angry.
  • The SCP spoke French and English to a scientist, but beyond that the article never stipulates how they talk. They're presumably limited to the languages they know, and can't just adapt to anyone around them.
  • "Skin contact" is fairly liberal in game. It works equally well on fully armoured elite MTF soldiers, barely-clothed D-class and entirely unprotected animals. It appears to be contingent on how much "health" the victim has to begin with, so say, Goku would take way longer than a regular human; and a gorilla would take longer than a goldfish. But in the article, the language pretty explicitly states direct skin contact. Depends on which canon (and balance_ you subscribe to.

I am definitely going for direct skin contact for this RP, even though, like you said, it doesn’t directly state it, but it very heavily implies it.
the multilingual thing is he most likely can speak any language on earth but he’s just most fluent in those two languages. Especially considering no one knows how old he is (other than the author). But in everything story wise he’s in its generally accepted he’s at least from the era of the Black Death epidemic.

As for the precise marksmanship, yes that is non cannon and when I found it looking up his powers and abilities I was wondering why they would put it there, but I did some mental gymnastics thinking, well, if he can make so precise cuts and stuff that’ll bring corpses back to ‘life’, he can’t be all that bad with ranged stuff. On top of that he’s pretty much an ageless being, so who’s to say (other than the author who doesn’t even say how good he is at surgery and such) he didn’t master all ranged weapons and stuff before his time at the foundation.

And I still don’t like taking the SCP games as anything close to cannon, in them it takes some safe SCPs (not all of them, just some) who don’t harm people, and turns them into killers just to make the game harder. Sure the updates toned all that stuff down, but still.

As for the reanimation time, I’m bumping it up by an hour or so for the sake of the RP, and that in the foundation he has access to all of that stuff and a pristine lab. In the RP he won’t, so he’ll have to worry about outside factors such as dirt and such.

The stealth, yeah the way he dresses, his light steps and his demeanor is pretty much it. It definitely helps, but if someone is paying attention, it’s not really going to work, especially during the day. And the -2s are about as stealthy as a bumbling zombie, which is pretty much what they
Last edited by Slenderman The CreepyPasta King on Tue May 22, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

Aeternabilis
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aeternabilis » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:
Menschenfleisch wrote:

I am definitely going for direct skin contact for this RP, even though, like you said, it doesn’t directly state it, but it very heavily implies it.
the multilingual thing is he most likely can speak any language on earth but he’s just most fluent in those two languages. Especially considering no one knows how old he is (other than the author). But in everything story wise he’s in its generally accepted he’s at least from the era of the Black Death epidemic.

As for the precise marksmanship, yes that is non cannon and when I found it looking up his powers and abilities I was wondering why they would put it there, but I did some mental gymnastics thinking, well, if he can make so precise cuts and stuff that’ll bring corpses back to ‘life’, he can’t be all that bad with ranged stuff. On top of that he’s pretty much an ageless being, so who’s to say (other than the author who doesn’t even say how good he is at surgery and such) he didn’t master all ranged weapons and stuff before his time at the foundation.

And I still don’t like taking the SCP games as anything close to cannon, in them it takes some safe SCPs (not all of them, just some) who don’t harm people, and turns them into killers just to make the game harder. Sure the updates toned all that stuff down, but still.

As for the reanimation time, I’m bumping it up by an hour or so for the sake of the RP, and that in the foundation he has access to all of that stuff and a pristine lab. In the RP he won’t, so he’ll have to worry about outside factors such as dirt and such.

The stealth, yeah the way he dresses, his light steps and his demeanor is pretty much it. It definitely helps, but if someone is paying attention, it’s not really going to work, especially during the day. And the -2s are about as stealthy as a bumbling zombie, which is pretty much what they

Precision with medical instruments absolutely does not translate to precise marksmanship. Two totally different skill sets. As for "who's to say he didn't master all ranged weapons," you can't just make up new skills because nobody said they couldn't do that.
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed May 23, 2018 6:37 am

Right then, we've discussed it and the app is almost good to go. Just explain what a Shuriken Pistol, Runes of Warding, and Runes of Witnessing are in the app, and it'll be ready to go.
Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:I am definitely going for direct skin contact for this RP, even though, like you said, it doesn’t directly state it, but it very heavily implies it.

When it comes to languages, it's best we keep him Bilingual then. They're the only languages we know that the SCP speaks, but if you really want to expand that to more languages, including any European language that got hit by the Black Death should do.

I'll also back Aet's and Meschenfleisch's decision here, Precise Marksmanship isn't something the Doctor should have. He could have, given enough time, is not a valid enough reason to keep it in the app.

Just edit the changes into the app, flesh out the skills and abilities section, and then repost the app, and it should be good for acceptance.

- Flukes

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 am

Name:Sino Jonas
Origin:OC
Species:Volcanun scorpion
Appearance:(Image)
Powers & Abilities:Venomous sting, can speak many languages and can perform some fire magic (can shoot small fireballs out of his claws and can throw magical liquid fire bombs)
Weaknesses:Weak against the cold, when in emotional distress he is weaker.
Attack Potency: 10-A
Speed: 0-5 m/s
Lifting Strength:50 to 80 kg
Striking Strength:Athlete Class
Durability:Human level
Stamina:Human level
Range:Standard melee range
Intelligence:Average
Equipment on Hand:None
Brief Bio/History*:Sino was born on the volcanic planet of Volcani, he was the prince of the Volcanu empire. But he was accidentally teleported into the multiverse after an attempt to make a even more powerful jump drive.
Brief Personality Description*:Despite being a fierce looking scorpion he is very kind and friendly.
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by Volcanu on Wed May 23, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 am

Name: SCP-049
Species: [REDACTED] unknown
Appearance:

Powers & Abilities:
Anesthetic touch (powerful enough to knock a grown man out in a minute or two) (will only use this with permission from the players or only on non important NPCs. Needs direct skin contact to work)
Stealth (enough to sneak up on a person that’s not paying attention, his clothes and demeanor helps but other than that, not anything special. the -2s also throw any chance of sneaking out the window as they’re about as sneaky as shambling zombies)
Anatomical knowledge (mastered them. Don’t know how to describe this because my knowledge of surgery only extends to house MD, scrubs, etc.)
Surgical skills (mastered them. Don’t know how to describe this because my knowledge of surgery only extends to house MD, scrubs, etc.)
Immortality (Type 1, cannot die by natural means)
Ability to sense "the disease" (unknown to what it is, tons of people have tons of different theories)
Multilingual (can speak fluent French and fluent English, also fluent Italian, German, Norwegian, and Russian)
Reanimation of his patients (makes instances of SCP-049-2s takes a few hours of precise work to reanimate)
Weaknesses: not much of a fighter, prefers to sit back and take notes of action in his notebook. Not that durable compared to most other SCPs. More durable than the average human, but still.
Attack Potency: Street level (9-C) / 049-2 is 10-b
Speed: Athlete; SCP-049-2s below human
Lifting Strength: Human level / -2 is human level as well
Striking Strength: Human level / SCP-049-2s: athlete human
Durability: Street level SCP-049-2s are average (can be swiftly taken out by a bullet or two)
Stamina: High (-2 is a zombie so infinit)
Range: standard melee range for both 049 and 049-2
Intelligence: High (A highly skilled surgeon capable of performing an as of yet unknown operation on deceased victims that can bring them back to life as mindless zombies)
Equipment on Hand: His notebook and doctors bag (that can hold anything O.R. related via bag of holding like properties), pointed doctors stick.
Brief Bio/History*: After being fed up by the foundation's refusal to give him any more live subjects to test his cure on, SCP waited until one researcher gave him his next animal corpse, knocked him out with his touch, and escaped.
Brief Personality Description*: Usually well behaved and acts like a scholarly doctor, unless in contact with those he believes to be infected, then he turns very hostile to the person infected. If he absolutely needs to engage in a fight, he will.
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed May 23, 2018 7:30 am

Powers & Abilities:Venomous sting, can speak many languages and can perform some fire magic (can shoot small fireballs out of his claws and can throw magical liquid fire bombs)
Brief Bio/History*:Sino was born on the volcanic planet of Volcani, he was the prince of the Volcanu empire. But he was accidentally teleported into the multiverse after an attempt to make a even more powerful jump drive.
Brief Personality Description*:Despite being a fierce looking scorpion he is very kind and friendly. But he is a strong warrior when attacked and talks aggressively toward his enemies.

I gotta ask...

Just what languages can this scorpion possible know?

And how the hell did a scorpion make a warp drive?
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed May 23, 2018 7:31 am

Looks good, Accepted.

I'm sorry, but while I'm happy you complied with the Origin change, my decision stays the same. There just isn't a lot of meat to the app for us to accept it. Rejected.

- Flukes

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed May 23, 2018 7:37 am

Apto wrote:

Looks good, Accepted.

I'm sorry, but while I'm happy you complied with the Origin change, my decision stays the same. There just isn't a lot of meat to the app for us to accept it. Rejected.

I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. What “meat” is Volcanu’s app missing? There are still some things that the app needs to fix/clarify (which I mentioned in my last post) but what exactly is it missing?
Last edited by Mundeo on Wed May 23, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed May 23, 2018 7:44 am

Mundeo wrote:I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. What “meat” is Volcanu’s app missing? There are still some things that the app needs to fix/clarify (which I mentioned in my last post) but what exactly is it missing?

The scorpion's a very flat character. He's a prince that's aggressive towards his enemies, and friendly towards friends. That's about it. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue since the personality and history are optional, and there are apps that opt out of both, but those same apps also put quite a lot more detail in their abilities and skills to compensate.

Apps for me at least, aren't just a sheet to fill up and then accepted if they don't run afoul of the rules. They're also a way to sell the character to us as potentially interesting, be it personality or ability wise. The scorpion just lacks both at the moment.

- Flukes

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 am

Mundeo wrote:
Brief Personality Description*:Despite being a fierce looking scorpion he is very kind and friendly. But he is a strong warrior when attacked and talks aggressively toward his enemies.

I gotta ask...

he was from a very advanced Empire
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 am

Yeah, I'm wondering about the languages too.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Pashana
Lobbyist

Founded: May 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pashana » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 am

So, tried making an RP once before. No one really got into it, so I guess I'll start in a place like here. Maybe we can start an SCP Arc for once and actually have it successful. Don't worry, I'll be making my character soon, and before the OP or Co-OPs ask, yes, I have read the rules and every required article of this/these threads.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Apto wrote:

Right then, we've discussed it and the app is almost good to go. Just explain what a Shuriken Pistol, Runes of Warding, and Runes of Witnessing are in the app, and it'll be ready to go.

Shuriken Weapons (such as the pistol) are the primary type of anti-personnel weapons used by the Eldar. Utilising gravitic pulses, a mono-molecular disc of plasti-crystal taken from the weapon's magazine is accelerated down the barrel of the weapon, hurling it at the target at incredible velocity. The accelerator creates a peristaltic shift from the front to the rear of the firing chamber, hurling the shuriken missiles forward at a tremendous velocity. A burst of several missiles can be fired in a fraction of a second in this way. The weapon's magazine is then pushed up by a degree of nanometers and the cycle repeats. The disadvantage of Shuriken Weapons is that the lack of rifling in a Shuriken weapon's barrel reduces the weapon's accuracy drastically, thereby reducing its maximum range to one well under that of its solid slug ballistic counterparts. The Eldar minimise this disadvantage by utilising their own natural speed and their vehicles' lightning quick acceleration to close the distance with their enemies.

Runes of warding are essentially rune shields that give limited protection from projectiles and melee attacks, while Runes of Witnessing can be seen as a holographic projection. The runes project a hologram, usually to show others what has happened in the past.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Pashana wrote:So, tried making an RP once before. No one really got into it, so I guess I'll start in a place like here. Maybe we can start an SCP Arc for once and actually have it successful. Don't worry, I'll be making my character soon, and before the OP or Co-OPs ask, yes, I have read the rules and every required article of this/these threads.

Nice to see another skipper around :)

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:Shuriken Weapons (such as the pistol) are the primary type of anti-personnel weapons used by the Eldar. Utilising gravitic pulses, a mono-molecular disc of plasti-crystal taken from the weapon's magazine is accelerated down the barrel of the weapon, hurling it at the target at incredible velocity. The accelerator creates a peristaltic shift from the front to the rear of the firing chamber, hurling the shuriken missiles forward at a tremendous velocity. A burst of several missiles can be fired in a fraction of a second in this way. The weapon's magazine is then pushed up by a degree of nanometers and the cycle repeats. The disadvantage of Shuriken Weapons is that the lack of rifling in a Shuriken weapon's barrel reduces the weapon's accuracy drastically, thereby reducing its maximum range to one well under that of its solid slug ballistic counterparts. The Eldar minimise this disadvantage by utilising their own natural speed and their vehicles' lightning quick acceleration to close the distance with their enemies.

Runes of warding are essentially rune shields that give limited protection from projectiles and melee attacks, while Runes of Witnessing can be seen as a holographic projection. The runes project a hologram, usually to show others what has happened in the past.

Just put 'em in the app, and it should be good to go then.

- Flukes

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Done

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Accepted!

I'm assuming you're putting him into The Nightmare to Come?

- Flukes

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Apto wrote:

Accepted!

I'm assuming you're putting him into The Nightmare to Come?

Probably somewhere else...

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Volcanu wrote:
Mundeo wrote:I gotta ask...

he was from a very advanced Empire

We're need more than just him coming from an advance empire
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse