NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Ended) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Skylus wrote:
Rannoria wrote:hmm but who should i create

edit: nvm goin with some good avatar characters

OMG YOU'RE ALSO JOINING?! COOL!

yea gal.

Gonna be usin em sick firebending/waterbending techniques
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Geez Phineas Flynn is stronger than I thought.

Waitin' for someone to app as him.
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I'm leaving to get my hard drive now. We'll see what happens.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Firaxin wrote:
Apto wrote:Considering how the Arcs will merge together eventually, we still need to nerf Violentius even if he has his own Arc since we'll eventually run into the problem of Violentius overshadowing basically everyone else. Scale him down from a omniversal entity whose weakness isn't really exploitable -there's an infinite number of them out there and to erase or significantly reduce violence in all of them requires a ridiculous mcguffin or plot contrivance-, can apparently punch out universes, and describe his powers with your own words instead of links, and we may be able to come to an agreement here.

Personally, I was thinking that Violentius would make for an excellent 'symbiote' type of character, empowering their host and maybe taking them over once sufficiently powered up, since we have some relatively 'normal' characters here (Violet Evergarden for example) who could have some fun character interaction with Violentius. This does have it's fair share of problems though, most problematic being that you'll have to coordinate really heavily with the other RPer unless you play as both the host and the symbiote.

I've come up with several ways to nerf Violentius. First and foremost, it will no longer have Concept Dependent Immortality instead it can reverse aging via Violence Empowerment. This means that it can be killed more easily. You won't have to make the entire Omniverse peaceful, only the universe it is currently in. It also means that other characters will have a more noticeable effect when reducing violence.
Next it can only affect things within a solar system range with Violence Inducement and can only gain the full benefits of violence empowerment within a continental range. Everything outside that range will only empower it by 10%. All violence outside the current universe will only empower it by .0000000000000000000000000000000001%, an amount so incredibly low that it would take billions of eons to recharge to full power.
Next, violence now acts as a consumable resource for it, so it requires recharging in order to stay at full strength. For example if it uses a ton of saved up violence it could theoretically kill a hyperverse, but this would leave it so incredibly weak afterwards that it would never do that. In fact that might actually kill it by using up all of its energy. He will only begin to grow in power after he has regained all energy his current form can use in battle. Every single action it takes outside of feeding will use the resource, the more important the action is, the more it uses up.

Finally, instead of starting off at full power, I'll start off at lowest power, where it's essentially a soul that can make thrown rocks hurt a tiny bit more. The story will be that it was causing havoc in another universe and made a powerful pantheon of dieties very unhappy. After a legendary battle they barely defeated him by using mcguffin and stripped his energy away, then they cast him out of the universe.

I'll edit the app for further stat, weakness, and background changes.

Not only that but I'll make sure that he doesn't act efficiently enough to become a multiverse terror by the end, therefore solving the problem when the arcs connect. This also allows for that symbiotic relationship you suggested to be important for awhile as he probably won't be able communicate with other beings for a good amount of time.

Even with those suggested changes, denied. The Co-Ops will not accept anything with this degree of power unless we trust those players enough, and even then, they'd need to tell us their intentions and cooperate with us. We do not want a character in this RP who is as powerful as you want Violentius to be. Though I would agree with Naval Monte that you should simply start from scratch, we might accept a drastically changed character.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Brotherhood of Deros » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Name: Mynx
Origin: The Foreverplane
Age: 8, which for a goblin translates biologically to about 20 for a human
Species: Goblin

Appearance: Mynx is a young and toned goblin woman who stands at about 3 1/2 feet tall. She has soft lime green skin, short messy black hair, long pointed ears, and big yellow eyes. She has a small pointed tooth that protrudes up from her bottom lip on her left side, and she has a small round nose. Her face also has a few dark green freckles from being outside for most of her life.
Mynx's attire consists of a dark green cloak, brown leather boots, and a two-piece outfit composed of a brown strapless leather top, and a brown leather skirt with black shorts underneath it, leaving her midriff exposed.

Powers & Abilities: Mynx is a druid, which means she commands a natural form of magic that stems from nature. She can commune with plants and animals, and can also get a feel as to whether an area is healthy or not. Furthermore, she can manipulate plants, causing them to grow or to attack whatever she wants. She also has some control over the forces of nature, and can kick up powerful gusts of wind, call lightning down from the sky, or start a rain shower with but a wave of her hand.

Other things her magic can do include: Water Manipulation (parting water, creating tendrils of water, starting up a tidal wave, ETC), Geokinesis (stone pillars/spikes, fissures, moving dirt/stone/mud, ETC) and finally some healing magic (curing poison/disease and healing wounds).

As a Goblin, Mynx is naturally nimble, and is also capable of seeing in the dark.

Weaknesses: Mynx is hardly an Archdruid, and as such her powers aren't as strong as more powerful druids. She's also weak to basically anything a human is weak to, and is also pretty short. Lastly, she's pretty weak physically.

Attack Potency: 8-A
Speed: Normal Human
Lifting Strength: Below Average
Striking Strength: Below Average
Durability: Human Level (she's a squishy caster that needs to stay at a distance to not get completely wrecked)

Stamina: Fit Human
Range: Her staff gives her limited melee range, but her magic gives her a very powerful mid to long ranged game.
Intelligence: Above Average, but not high
Equipment on Hand: Mynx carries a small satchel filled with berries and herbs, and she also carries a gnarled wooden staff covered in moss and vines.
Brief Bio/History*: Mynx's early life is completely unknown to her, as she was abandoned as a very young child in the woods by her clan. Fortunately for the goblin, she was found by a kindly Dryad that inhabited the forest named Namia, who took pity on her and raised her as her own. Namia taught Mynx the ways of the forest from an early age, and she learned how to command the natural magic of the Foreverplane over the course of her childhood.
By the time she matured at the age of 8, she had decided that she was ready to see the rest of the Foreverplane, and so with Namia's blessing, she set out on her own to find her own path, and also to uncover why exactly she was abandoned by her clutch.

Brief Personality Description*: Mynx is a curious and mirthful young woman, who enjoys reading and exploring. She has a deep love and connection with nature due to her upbringing, and as such won't participate in what she sees as senseless destruction of nature. That being said, she understands that society needs to harvest nature for it's own existence, and so she's not against cutting down trees for construction, or butchering animals for clothing or meat. Mynx's temper can be as hot as a savage red dragon's, so those who know her know it's a bad idea to get her angry.
Last edited by The Dark Brotherhood of Deros on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" - Hades
The Four Swords of the Guild
Respect for nature, Life as a community, Crafting from nature, and Prosperity from nature.

My RPs
The Ancient Ones: Age of Nothingness
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'm waiting for Aetern, might post tomorrow either way, though.

Deros is waiting on you who's waiting on me who's waiting on Petro who's (I assume) waiting on the Soviet guy. It's a conga line of waiting and sadness up in here.

Kaidou wrote:We Asian millennials are like bananas. Our skin is yellow, but on the inside, we're pretty much white.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 pm

I am back with a hard drive but we have to re install Windows 7, then upgrade it to 10, and do whatever else.

So it shall be a while.

Anyway, I hope to be on Discord by Friday.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Apto
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:08 pm

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros wrote:

Appearance: Mynx is a young and toned goblin woman who stands at about 3 1/2 feet tall. She has soft lime green skin, short messy black hair, long pointed ears, and big yellow eyes. She has a small pointed tooth that protrudes up from her bottom lip on her left side, and she has a small round nose. Her face also has a few dark green freckles from being outside for most of her life.
Mynx's attire consists of a dark green cloak, brown leather boots, and a two-piece outfit composed of a brown strapless leather top, and a brown leather skirt with black shorts underneath it, leaving her midriff exposed.

Powers & Abilities: Mynx is a druid, which means she commands a natural form of magic that stems from nature. She can commune with plants and animals, and can also get a feel as to whether an area is healthy or not. Furthermore, she can manipulate plants, causing them to grow or to attack whatever she wants. She also has some control over the forces of nature, and can kick up powerful gusts of wind, call lightning down from the sky, or start a rain shower with but a wave of her hand.

Other things her magic can do include: Water Manipulation (parting water, creating tendrils of water, starting up a tidal wave, ETC), Geokinesis (stone pillars/spikes, fissures, moving dirt/stone/mud, ETC) and finally some healing magic (curing poison/disease and healing wounds).

As a Goblin, Mynx is naturally nimble, and is also capable of seeing in the dark.

Weaknesses: Mynx is hardly an Archdruid, and as such her powers aren't as strong as more powerful druids. She's also weak to basically anything a human is weak to, and is also pretty short. Lastly, she's pretty weak physically.

Durability: Human Level (she's a squishy caster that needs to stay at a distance to not get completely wrecked)

Range: Her staff gives her limited melee range, but her magic gives her a very powerful mid to long ranged game.
Equipment on Hand: Mynx carries a small satchel filled with berries and herbs, and she also carries a gnarled wooden staff covered in moss and vines.
Brief Bio/History*: Mynx's early life is completely unknown to her, as she was abandoned as a very young child in the woods by her clan. Fortunately for the goblin, she was found by a kindly Dryad that inhabited the forest named Namia, who took pity on her and raised her as her own. Namia taught Mynx the ways of the forest from an early age, and she learned how to command the natural magic of the Foreverplane over the course of her childhood.
By the time she matured at the age of 8, she had decided that she was ready to see the rest of the Foreverplane, and so with Namia's blessing, she set out on her own to find her own path, and also to uncover why exactly she was abandoned by her clutch.

Brief Personality Description*: Mynx is a curious and mirthful young woman, who enjoys reading and exploring. She has a deep love and connection with nature due to her upbringing, and as such won't participate in what she sees as senseless destruction of nature. That being said, she understands that society needs to harvest nature for it's own existence, and so she's not against cutting down trees for construction, or butchering animals for clothing or meat. Mynx's temper can be as hot as a savage red dragon's, so those who know her know it's a bad idea to get her angry.

Looks good to me. Accepted!
There is morality on the circumference of the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!

Previously, on "Bad Things Happening To Lovable Little Girls"....
- Flukes

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Okay. Everything from 4 years ago to now is gone. (On the dead hard drive)

However. Most of my programs are still there.

If I can somehow get to app data, I can see exactly what files were there when they were copied over.

Oh well. I feel a bit better, I guess.

Going to have to reinstall everything again anyway....

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby The New Earth Federation » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Name: The New Earth Federation
Origin: Custom Empire
Number of Members: 650.7 Billion
Notable Members: Christopher Rath, Amber Terlin, Chancellor John Frederick, Val Marcus, Veralonia Wolffe
Description of Faction's Tech, Powers, & Abilities:
Tech: The NEF uses some rather interesting technology that is more alined to that of Early FT nations even though it is the 29th century this is due to the fact that early in its history Earth (or well their version of earth was destroyed in a hue planetary war that cased the death of billions. Here is a factbook that I made to describe their technology a bit

Name: Christopher Rath
Origin: Custom
Species: Fenvaria (Anthro fox)
Appearance: Christopher is a 5’5 Fenvaria, male, who has an athletic/ runner style build; he has somewhat of a military hairstyle (five on top and a four on the sides). With black shins and feet as well as forearms and hands, his head hear is brown and same with his eyes. He has brown hair, eyes and a tan overcoat with a white under belly. Around the muzzle there is a black outline and a little cut back, giving him a more fox like appearance. Due to him having kinda bad eyesight he has to wear glasses all of them time which are rimless and have a black frame them; he also has several scars on his body one on his head and few on his arms.
Powers & Abilities:
-Active
--Frag them out: Grenades, who doesn't love them right? (Limited by the number of grenades Chris carries)
--Hypershield: Having the Mk VI armor is a great thing however, Chris’s custom set of combat armor allows her to temporarily overcharge his personal shielding to absorb more damage for a short time. However the main drawback is that her mobility is reduced and after the shields break he is left temporarily without any shields. He will only use this on dire situations or when under extreme fire.
--Cover: Portable light cover (For those who played ME:A, it's like Barricade from that)

-Passive
--Combat Veteran: With years of combat experience Chris has became a combat veteran at the age of 24 like most other Troopers in the NEF, with experience comes certain perks as over lengthy times of engagements Chris will become more accurate and deadly due to his years of the front lines.
Weaknesses: Bullets, poison, etc
Attack Potency: Wall
Speed: 55 km/h
Lifting Strength: Naturally 2x the strength of a human, plus the 2x modifier of the Trooper augmentations.
Striking Strength: Same as with lifting strength.
Durability: Super Solider (ie Spartan IIIs)
Stamina: Super Soldier (Spartan IIIs)
Range: 800 Meters (M83A7), 80m (M5 SPDW)
Intelligence: Slightly above average
Equipment on Hand:
-M83A7 Assault Rifle (See my Weapons Factbook)
-M5 SPDW
-x4 Frag Grenades
-Combat Knife
-Radio/GPS
-Camping equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mess kit)
-4 weeks of MREs
-x2 Canteens
Make VI combat amor
Brief Bio/History*:
-Early Life
Christopher was born on the capital planet of the NEF, New Earth, at the New Berlin Medical Center on March 2nd, 2868. He was born to a Medical officer and a part time nurse, his parents had just married out of Academy and he was soon delivered after. This caused his mother to drop out and be placed as a reservist seeing as she was unable to complete military training pregnant. At the age of two he would have another brother, which the two of them sorta got along well until later in life. For the most part his life was uneventful save moving from planet to planet as his father’s Legion would be deployed here and there all across the frontier. However later on his father would be sent back to New Earth.

-Education
Chris’s formal education started when he entered New Berlin High School where he was around an average student in terms of grades often taking part in discussions about military tactics and politics. He was noted as being bright and intelligent, however he was a bit of a loner during his school years as he moved around a lot due to his father's job. He was also noted as kind and helpful when you got to know him. It was near the beginning of Senior year when he met Amber Terlin, a rather nerdy Timberwolf colored and brown haired Fenvaria who also didn't really have any friends. Both of them met while in class as they had to introduce themselves to their neighbor as well as share something that they found interesting, both shared a love for the military, politics, and video games. After a few months of talking and hanging out the two became really close to the point where if there was a group project they would automatically work together on it. There was a rumor that went around in his highschool that the two were actually dating but that was soon proven false with both of them saying that they were friends but in secret Chris very much has an attraction to Amber but he wasn't sure if she had the same feelings towards him. Throughout their high school years the two had become the best of friends and even went to prom their junior and senior years, which some during highschool pointed out that their statement of just being friends was false. It was also during his military academy ears (around junior year of regular high school) that he found that his parents had divorced. While he seemed unphased by the outcome, internally he held/holds a slight resentment towards his parents. But he figured that it was a fact of life and with his father’s job of constantly moving whenever his legion was reposted he figured that this would have made their relationship more strained. While he still loves his parents he just sees them in a different light now. He wished that they could have stayed together until he was in the military to divorced.

-Career
After graduating from the Military Academy he joined the Army and applied for the officer training course where he was accepted, so he was placed through an extra set of classes during basic to help make him an officer. It was during this time that him and Amber would be more involved with each other, often comforting each other when it was needed. After basic and his officer training he was assigned to the 205th Trooper Legion who where sent to the frontier world of Odysseus II, unknown to him Amber was also assigned to this legion and when he found out he was more then ecstatic to have her around. After a few months on the planet and fighting off local piracy issues he truly fell in love with Amber as he enjoyed her company as well as she saved him during one of the raids. A few days after the raid and spending sometime in a field hospital he expressed his feelings about Amber to her, then was releaved to find out that she had the same feelings. With that the two stared to officially date and become a couple.

Brief Personality Description*: He is noted as a calm and collected individual who is every friendly, however he holds a very guarded appearance towards people he doesn't know that much. He has a slightly shy and quiet personality, however he can be energetic and a bit talkative when you get him talking. As stated before he is quite shy as well he has not had any relationships with anyone before prior to his current relationship. He would like to have a relationship at some point in the life as for his future he wishes to continue his military service and hopeful become and officer. After his military service he is thinking about joining the local police force, the Federal Home Guard he always liked the idea of helping people. Though he isn’t sure if wants to leave the service just yet, as he loves it.

Name: Amber Terlin
Origin: Custom
Species: Fenvaria
Appearance: Amber Terlin is a 5’7 tall Fenvaria female that is like Chris a slim/athletic style build. She has a timberwolf like coat with a white underbelly, she is also noted to have a black hair color that she normally keeps a bun but is now to let her hair down when she is relaxed. She has cyan-blue colored eyes that require some adjusting however she is noted to be wearing glasses most of the time, which she mostly keeps on as she looks more attractive in them. She has a tattoo on her arm that means "Harmony" in German on her right arm, she also has a black stripe that runs up and down her back and through the top center part of her tail.
Powers & Abilities:
--Cluster Grenades: Modified Grenades that explode into smaller grenades (limited by number of grenades
--Lockout: Amber has the ability to lock up her armor and greatly overcharge her shields making her immune to damage for about 10 seconds, the major drawback is that he is stuck in place until it runs out and is limited to one use.
--Hypershield: Having the Mk VI armor is a great thing however, Amber’s custom set of combat armor allows her to temporarily overcharge her personal shielding to absorb more damage for a short time. However the main drawback is that her mobility is reduced and after the shields break she is left temporarily without any shields. She will only use this on dire situations or when under extreme fire.

-Passive
--Veteran Combat Engineer: With her skills as an engineer and military experience Amber has became a rather deadly opponent as she is able to splice all NEF tech and most other tech that is in their home universe. However is also noted for being well adaptable in learning, she I had also upgraded her own armor to allow for a much stronger energy shield.

Weaknesses: Bullets, poison, disease, etc
Attack Potency: Wall
Speed: 55 km/h
Lifting Strength: x2 that of a human, x2 with cybernetics
Striking Strength: same as lifting strength
Durability: Super solider
Stamina: Super solider
Range: 120m (M22 Bulletstorm), 50m (M30 Hellhound)
Intelligence: Slightly above average
Equipment on Hand:
M22 "Bulletstrom" SMG
-M5 SPDW
-x2 Cluster Grenades
-Combat Knife
-Radio/GPS
-Camping Equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mess kit)
-4 weeks of MREs
-x2 Canteens
Brief Bio/History*: Amber was born on the planet of Argus II to New Hannover Medical Center on April 14th, 2868, her parents where both troopers. Both of them where loving parents that care for her, however she is their only child so her parents where quite over protective of her causing to be quite rebellious. Aside from that she lived a pretty normal life, save from moving around from time and time.

-Education
Her formal education started when her parents formally retired from the NEF Armed Forces, settling on New Earth, in the city of New Berlin where she enrolled in New Berlin High school. She was noted in being extremely skilled in technology and engineering as she was seen taking part a lot of things and trying to put them a back together while going through high school. It was also here that she would meet Chris and the two would become really good friends, despite rumors that where true about her thoughts of Chris which where romantic. The two stayed friends until their military service. During her time at the academy she was placed in a separate training area for her interest in technology and engineering, however she was a bit of an adrenaline junkie as she loved combat, she actually focused a bit more when she was under fire this would cause her to get transferred to the more active portion of the academy that focused on combat engineering.

Career
After graduating from the Military Academy she joined the Army and applied for the officer training course where she was accepted, so he was placed through an extra set of classes during basic to help make him an officer. It was during this time that her and Chris would be more involved with each other, often comforting each other when it was needed. After basic and his officer training she was assigned to the 205th Trooper Legion, the legion was sent to the frontier world of Odysseus II. Unknown to her, Chris was also assigned to this legion and when she found out he was more then ecstatic to have him around. After a few months on the planet and fighting off local piracy issues he truly fell in love with Chris as he enjoyed his company as well as she saved him during one of the raids. A few days after the raid and spending sometime in a field hospital he expressed his feelings about Amber, she was overwhelmed with the feelings that he felt for her that she teared hi a bit and agreed that they should go further with their relationship becoming a couple.

Brief Personality Description*: Amber is well a more out going person then Chris, willing to talk more in a sense of outgoing. But she is smart, adventurous, caring, loving and normally gets along well with others. She likes to tease Chris a bit but in a very friendly/loving way.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by The New Earth Federation on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

Aeternabilis
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aeternabilis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Apto wrote:

Looks good to me. Accepted!

>lime green instead of forest green

Failed you have, into exile you must go
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Aeternabilis wrote:>lime green instead of forest green

Failed you have, into exile you must go

Fool! You can't exile me! I'm not just any Co-Op, I AM THE CO-OPS and I'll use any shade of green I like!

Last edited by Apto on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Flukes

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Reserve Raiden from Metal Gear, Rudol von Stroheim from JJBA, and Bane? From Batman the Dark Night film.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 am

Arc Name: The Power of Chi
Moderator: Skylus
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
Summary: A rift/portal opens in a mysterious land, one racked by wars over an energy source known as Chi. Whoever goes through this portal will become various types of animals; in Lego form (like everyone else in the show). The newcomers will get caught up in this war over Chi, forge friendships, and possibly be able to use this energy source themselves.
Welcome, to the land of Chima.
Other stuff: It's best if you only join this arc if you've watched the show. Yeah, it's a LEGO show, but you shouldn't care about that. This takes place during the first season. So don't become any Crawlers/Outlanders. Other than that, anyone can join, but no God-modding. This arc shall be rated T for mostly violence. This is where Madi shall go after Rise of the Masked Man; so for now it is on hold.
Last edited by Skylus on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Brotherhood of Deros » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am

So here's one of two arc ideas I have at the moment, and would mostly likely happen much later on. This is still somewhat in the development stage, but I have a good enough idea on how it'll work to share it with you all.

Arc Name: Stolen Divinity
Moderator: The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Humor
Summary: Stolen Divinity is set in the Kid Icarus universe, 7 years after the events of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Cronus, the primordial god of time that was sealed away by the Pantheon during it's rise due to his selfish schemes, has unexpectedly returned, seeking vengeance against the gods. After stealing away Palutena’s and Hades’ divinity using his Hourglass of the Divine, he banishes them from their universe so that he can continue his plans for domination and vengeance without them interfering along with his two allies: Anubis, ancient god of death who was replaced by Thanatos due to his loyalty to Cronus, and Loki, the Norse god of Mischief.

Now Palutena, Hades and Pit (who followed Palutena through the rift she was banished through) must gather allies from across reality to combat Cronus and his forces, before he steals the entire Pantheon's divinity, and becomes much too powerful to stop.
Last edited by The Dark Brotherhood of Deros on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" - Hades
The Four Swords of the Guild
Respect for nature, Life as a community, Crafting from nature, and Prosperity from nature.

My RPs
The Ancient Ones: Age of Nothingness
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'm waiting for Aetern, might post tomorrow either way, though.

Deros is waiting on you who's waiting on me who's waiting on Petro who's (I assume) waiting on the Soviet guy. It's a conga line of waiting and sadness up in here.

Kaidou wrote:We Asian millennials are like bananas. Our skin is yellow, but on the inside, we're pretty much white.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Uts a shame that i can't plop a warhound scout titian in...

I might drop in an old char.
Last edited by Parcia on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Skylus wrote:
Summary: A rift/portal opens in a mysterious land, one racked by wars over an energy source known as Chi. Whoever goes through this portal will become various types of animals; in Lego form. The newcomers will get caught up in this war over Chi, forge friendships, and possibly be able to use this energy source themselves.
Other stuff: It's best if you only join this arc if you've watched the show. Yeah, it's a LEGO show, but you shouldn't care about that. This takes place during the first season. So don't become any Crawlers/Outlanders. Other than that, anyone can join, but no God-modding. This arc shall be rated T for mostly violence. This is where Madi shall go after Rise of the Masked Man; so for now it is on hold.

Not an official judgement, but in-universe the characters, vehicles, etc. weren't Lego like in the Adventures of Clutch Powers, it's just that the characters looked Lego so they would match their figures. The characters were fully organic, even if they looked a bit blocky. (I used to like all the Ninjago and other Lego stuff when I was younger, I guess I still remember some stuff.)

Parcia wrote:Uts a shame that i can't plop a warhound scout titian in...

I might drop in an old char.

That actually would be allowed, but the issue would come from whether or not it would fit into any current arcs. Might be a bit awkward having an Imperial Titan drop in. You'd have to talk it over with the people who run the arcs.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Emperial Germany
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Emperial Germany » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Name: Rodrik Skarfr Haraldsson
Origin: The Elder Scrolls V.
Species: Dovahkiin
Appearance: Image
Powers & Abilities:
1. Dragon Shouts

Unrelenting Force. "Your Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path." (Note. Strength of shout varies from wall-class to City Block-Class. Knockback against most opponents. Most powerful shout.)

Whirlwind Sprint. "The Thu'um rushes forward, carrying you in its wake with the speed of a tempest." (Jolts the caster forward for a short period of time. Faster than eye)

Throw Voice. "The Thu'um is heard, but its source unknown, fooling those into seeking it out." (Mock-Voice used to distract opponents)

Summon Durnehviir. "Durnehviir! Hear my Voice and come forth from the Soul Cairn. I summon you in my time of need." (Note. Summons undead dragon.)

Storm Call. "A Shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, that awakens the destructive force of Skyrim's lightning." (Summons an extremely active storm cloud above the target area)

Slow Time. "Shout at time, and command it to obey, as the world around you stands still." (Note. thirty-second version only for balancing purposes. Functions like bullet time for comparison)

Soul Tear. "Your Thu'um cuts through flesh and shatters soul, commanding the will of the fallen." (Note. Damage scales with target. Grape-shot/Shotgun-like attack pattern. Close-Mid range only)

Marked for Death. "Speak, and let your Voice herald doom, as an opponent's armor and lifeforce are weakened." (Drains, but does not steal opponents power/stamina. Similar to drain vitality.)

Kyne's Peace. "The Voice soothes wild beasts, who lose their desire to fight or flee."

Frost Breath/Ice Form. "Your breath is winter, your Thu'um a blizzard." (Shouts merged for practicality and balancing. Produces a torrent of ice-y wind. Comparable to fire-breathing)

Fire Breath. "Inhale air, exhale flame, and behold the Thu'um as inferno."

Drain Vitality. "Coax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent." (Steals stamina and strength from opponent over a period of ten seconds. Scales with target)

Disarm. "Shout defies steel, as you rip the weapon from an opponent's grasp."

Cyclone. "Your Thu'um creates a whirling cyclone that sows chaos among your enemies."

Clear Skies. "Skyrim itself yields before the Thu'um, as you clear away fog and inclement weather."

Call Dragon. "Odahviing! Hear my Voice and come forth. I summon you in my time of need." (Functions only within home-universe. The dragon functions similarly to Rodrik himself, however, while much more maneuverable, and possessing most of the same shouts, the dragon has much less durability.)

Bend Will. "Your voice bends the very stones to your will. As it gains power, animals, people, and even dragons must do your bidding." (Does not function of characters/Creatures with high mental constitution. Length of control scales with victim's mental constitution. (Wizards will be unaffected. Animals will be permanently affected.)

Become Ethereal. "The Thu'um reaches out to the Void, changing your form to one that cannot harm, or be harmed." (Minute duration only for balancing.)

Animal Allegiance. "A Shout for help from the beasts of the wild, who come to fight in your defense." (Lesser version of bend will, functions only on animals)

(Final Note. Some shouts have been excluded simply because Rodrik does not use them. Full list can be found here

2. Destruction Spells.

Flames. (Basic flamethrower spell. low Magicka drain. Short range)

Frostbite. (Basic Ice-Blast spell. low Magicka drain. Short range)

Sparks. (Basic Electrical spell. low Magicka drain. Short range)

Lightning Bolt (Single bolt of lightning. Medium Magicka drain. Long range)

Firebolt (Single blast of fire. Medium Magicka drain. Medium range)

Chain Lightning (Think Palpatine. Jumps from one target to another. Can stun. High Magicka drain. Short range)

Fireball (Large gust of fire. Medium area-of-effect. High Magicka drain. Medium-Long range)

Ice Storm (Causes a whirlwind of freezing-air and ice shards. Moves independently. Medium Magicka Drain. Medium Range.)

Blizzard (Large-Scale Ice Storm. Conjures an actual blizzard in desired region. Intended for battlefield application. Very High Magicka drain. Very High Stamina drain. Massive range. Can render the caster unconscious.)

Fire Storm (Conjures a continuous funnel of flames from the hand. Shape of flame can be manipulated into walls, loops, or simple blast. Caster must be relatively stationary to maintain spell. High Magicka drain. High Stamina drain. Medium-Long range)

Lightning Storm (Conjures a barrage of electrical blasts from the sky. Large area of effect. Does not target allies. Must be elevated to cast. Very High Magicka drain. Medium Stamina drain. Long range. Caster is rendered immobile while casting the spell.)

1. Restoration
Note. Due to Rodrik's restoration skill being maximum level. Only the highest versions of (for all intents and purposes) the same spells will be shown.

Greater Ward (Creates a ward around the caster. Absorbed kinetic and magical damage. Medium Magicka drain.)

Stendarr's Aura (Causes all Undead who come within melee range to take fire damage. Remaining in melee range will cause ignition. Medium Magicka drain.)

Vampire's Bane (A bolt of sunlight which deals damage to undead targets. Massive damage against vampires specifically. High Magicka drain. Long Range)

Circle of Protection (Causes a dome of light to surrounded the caster. Heals all allies within dome. Causes fire-damage to those attempting to enter dome. Extra damage against undead. Very High Magicka drain. Medium stamina drain. Short range)

Grand Healing (Heals all allies within a selected area. Effects are immediate. Very High Magicka drain. High Stamina drain.)

Bane of the Undead (Area of Effect sun-damage. Causes a burst of holy fire to explode in a ring around the caster. Only damages the undead. Can incinerate most undead caught in the blast. Very High Magicka drain. Medium range)

Heal Other (High-Tier healing spell. Heals others. Medium Magicka drain)

Close Wounds (High-Tier healing spell. Heals self. Medium Magicka drain)

Weaknesses: Crippled by personal vices, substance abuse, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Mortality. Often Berserker-Like episodes during battle, can pose a danger to allies. Often lacks concentration for high-level destruction spells.
Attack Potency: 6-C
Speed: Athletic Human
Lifting Strength: Class 1
Striking Strength: Wall Class
Durability: Building level
Stamina: High
Range: Melee-Medium
Intelligence: High
Equipment on Hand: Dragonbone War-Axe. Steel Sword. Daedric Dagger. Iron Shield. Iron Armor.
Brief Bio/History*:

Rodrik Skarfr, son of Legate Haraldr Skarfr, and Shieldmaiden Asa Helstrand, is the last living direct descendant of ancient Atmoran Warlord, Hrafn 'The Storm-King' Alvisson, a former rival, and later staunch ally of High-King Ysgramor during the invasion of Skyrim, and the southward migration of the early years.
Born in the city of Bruma, Cyrodiil, Rodrik was raised predominately by his mother, a former warrior, now retired as a blacksmith, catering to the needs of the city's garrison. Rodrik was raised relatively normally by Asa, while the local-legend known as Haraldr (Often incorrectly Cyrodillized as 'Harold the Scarred') led the 10th Imperial Legion "Legio Nordicum" against the Aldmeri Dominion, known as one of the few Imperial Leaders to lead an offensive into Dominion territory in the latter half of the Great War.

Life would change drastically for Rodrik during the siege, and later sack of Bruma by Dominion Forces, resulting in the death of both his mother, and infant sister, Astrid, Rodrik himself would not be found until three days after the battle, having been buried underneath the rubble of his former home.

Rodrik was, rather abruptly orphaned, seeing as his father would have perished while the city was besieged, being trapped without supplies several thousand miles away, deep into Valenwood, though, only after using a scorched earth policy against Wood-Elfish troops, which would earn him in death, the title of 'The Scorcher'...And of course 'the accursed' by the Aldmeri.

After having been found by Imperial rescue teams, within the abandoned city, Rodrik was sent to live, per his father's instructions prior to death, with his 'uncle' (A War-Brother of his father, prior to said man's injuries early in the war) Owain Glydin, Breton Lord of a minor keep in north-western High Rock.

Owain was a lord of minor importance, ruling over a small, but ancient holdfast within the mountains, near the North Coast. Having heard the plight of young Skarfr, he took the boy in, despite having a sizable clan of his own, and out of loyalty to the late Haraldr, raised him as his own. The boy never quite recovered from watching his mother and sister slaughtered by the Aldmeri, and on top of developing a rather noticeable distaste for High Elves, quickly turned to vices upon reaching his teenage years, downing alcohol at any chance he possessed, and laying with every farmer's daughter, and whore within Owain's land, and then some. Rodrik was troubled, but at every point, he was bailed out of it by his uncle, who Rodrik despite his outbursts often resulting in a violent confrontation between the two, loved dearly.

At the age of fifteen, the young Nord drew first blood. His younger Step-Sister, Eilda, had been kidnapped by one of the local Orcish Chieftains, for either ransom, or far fouler purposes. Riding for a day and a night with his uncle, and the small, but reliable retinue of Knights sworn to house Glydin, they descended upon the Clan, and set free Eilda, there were few survivors among the Orcs, and as the night ended, and the party road home, Rodrik's castle-forged blade, and riveted male tunic were stained bloody. The blade he would keep with him until his capture at the Skyrim border, twenty years later. "The Boy has earned a blade." Recounted Owain himself on that night. That night Rodrik had discovered something he enjoyed far more than drinking, or sleeping around, that being the thrill of combat.

The Glydin family raised Rodrik well, for another ten years he remained with them, until, at the day of Lord Owain's death, he was banished by the Late-Lord's son, Garten, who sought to rid himself of the Nord. This event would unsurprisingly, cause Rodrik to fall even further into his hedonistic ways, until eventually venturing to Daggerfall, to work as a blacksmith's apprentice, and later blacksmith himself.

This way of life continued, for another decade, Rodrik remained in the city, living among a small, but closely-knit Nord community in the poorer quarter of the city. For reasons the Nord could not understand however, wanderlust took hold of him, and (unknown to him) at the behest of the Gods whom had plans for him, Rodrik set forth to Skyrim with what little fortune he had, leading to his capture at the border. This...Is a story, we all know well.

For close to a year, Rodrik gallivanted across Skyrim, finding his purpose in adventure, and carrying out the will of the Gods (Or, at least his own version of their will, which involved copious amounts of violence) Rodrik, hardly a man of faith due to his crippling vices, found piety after his battle against the World Eater in Sovngarde. And though Rodrik still often took the bottle and brothel, he would, to his best efforts, make up for it in full with the blood price, for his determination to die in battle would overcome his love of mead and women. And yet, though the legions of Alduin fell underneath the Nord’s blade, he could not help but feel somewhat sympathetic to Paarthurnax, and those Dragons, now lost upon the death of their leader Alduin, for Rodrik too possessed a rage unrivaled by even the fiercest Daedric Champion, and his vices of women and wine, were not unlike in nature, to the natural vice of conquest which Paarthurnax, and those Dragons he had taken as disciples, constantly battled.

When called to slay Paarthurnax, by those Blades who had previously sworn to serve the Dragonborn in his struggle, Rodrik refused, and when the Blades demanded vengeance be taken on the Dragon-Monk, Rodrik came nigh-close to shouting down the temple which they resided there in. The Blades denounced him as a betrayer of his kind, but Rodrik cared little, as Paarthurnax was as much his mentor, as he was that of the Dragons, who were kin to Rodrik, through the shared divine blood of Akatosh. Rodrik was as much Dovah as them, simply bound to a mortal body.

Rodrik himself had many adventurers, and met many whom he would consider friend, and ally. A Thane of Whiterun, Rodrik did not side with the Empire, or Stormcloaks, despite being far more sympathetic to the latter. When the Stormcloak Hird besieged Whiterun, Rodrik led in it’s defense, along with the Imperial Legionaries stationed there, and the personal retinue of Jarl Balgruuf. The Siege was broken by nightfall, and three hundred Stormcloaks lay fallen, for only three score and ten of the defenders. Many of those casualties, no doubt, were inflicted by Haraldsson personally.

Rodrik’s accomplishments were informally recognize by the Third Legion under General Maximus Tullius, who offered Rodrik a position in the Imperial Army, which was abruptly turned town, the Dragonborn still bearing a fierce dislike towards the General after his rather unpleasant welcome into Skyrim, and near execution.

Life continued, as it always does. The Dragons and their attacks on mortal kind, steadily became less and less of an issue, Rodrik, once their exterminator, put an end to the dragon crisis, and maintained much of a steady peace with his...Scaled kin, just in time for the next crisis to begin…

The Vampire Menace, though not as outwardly destructive as the return of Alduin, was nonetheless, a terror to the inhabitants of Skyrim, with undead menaces besetting the land that he loved in the night, Rodrik would find his way to Dawnguard Fortress, a behemoth of a citadel, situated in the mountains on the border of Morrowind, though populated only by a skeleton crew, during the Vampire Crisis (Named, dramatically so in the sagas as the War for the Dawn) their numbers swelled, It was during this period, Rodrik would meet Serana Harkonsdottir Volkihar, a name which shall bear great importance in the later sagas. Together, she, along with the Dragonborn, would slay her father, for Serana is known as among the few vampires in Tamrielic history, to be…’Good’.

Her allegiance to the Dovahkiin would face its ultimate test during the Siege of Castle Volkihar, in which, under the command of Rodrik, and of Grand-Master Isran, the Knights of the Dawnguard, the remnants of the Vigil of Stendarr, and nearly every vigilante in a hundred miles stormed Volkihar island, dismounting from their longships to besiege the Castle. In three days, the undead horde of Harkon lay dead, and the castle, for the most part a smoking ruin.

A steadfast companion of the Dragonborn, Serana and Rodrik grew close while seeking a way to defeat Harkon, and though they parted ways after his destruction, it would not be the last time they crossed paths. Serana became a mercenary of sorts, the former companion of the Dragonborn being sought after by many. Though she often worked in tandem with the Dawnguard, in effort to track down her father’s supporters.

Rodrik...Meanwhile, retreated to his home in Whiterun Hold to recover, as he had been wounded during the fighting, scars given by Harkon himself, scars Rodrik wore proudly. He would rest, and within a month, he once again ventured Skyrim.

Life carried on, as it always did, and Rodrik, as he often had done when without purpose, fell into a lull of sin. Until, that is, he faced an assassination attempt, whilst being rather...Inhibited outside a tavern, he barely survived the fight in his drunken state, but with great difficulty, managed to fight back his attackers, attackers who appeared to be under the employ of someone named ‘Miraak’.

Rodrik, for the first time since his arrival, would venture forth out of skyrim, he would not return for almost a year. When he returned, he would not record his deeds on Solstheim, but...The next stage of his life however, is rather well recorded.

THE SECOND GREAT WAR

A year after the events that had transpired on Solstheim, a conflict long boiling finally came to surface, after decades of stagnancy, and failing to recover from the first war, the Empire was ill-prepared when the Aldmeri Dominion declared war in 4E 209, all over the Tamrielic Empire, Thalmor Forces seized major cities in the night, while the Aldmeri Armies crossed into Cyrodiil, and it’s navy burned the Imperial Armada at anchor in Daggerfall, the Imperial War Machine was crippled before the War Declaration had even reached the Imperial City. Reluctantly, Imperial forces pulled out of Skyrim, being unable to maintain the Legion presence there, and allowing the Stormcloaks, who they had fought to a stalemate, to seize much of the province in the span of weeks, barring Whiterun, which they...Reluctantly avoided, lest face another devastating defeat as they had in the earlier years of the war. Solitude however, was captured with little difficulty, and Elisif was executed by forces loyal to Ulfric Stormcloak, Ulfric himself would deny ordering the attack however.

The Imperial Legion assembled in southern Cyrodiil, though vastly outnumbered, and under equipped, the Legion sought to delay Dominion forces until the Imperial City itself was evacuated, Anvil having fallen in the first week of the war. The Army led by High-Inquisitor Andralia were confident they could best the Legion in open combat, and, on a morning during the early spring, assailed the Imperial Army outside the city of Kvatch.

The Aldmeri Generals did not gain the swift victory they had hoped for. Although initial attacks devastated the Imperial Army, the Legionaries managed to regroup, and, working the local Watch Garrison, formed a shield-wall which held against Dominion attack. Rallied by Legate Fasendil of the Third Legion, and General Octavius III of the Kvatchi Guards, Imperial Forces held throughout the night, even as the city was fire-bombed by Dominion Spellcasters.

Relief came on the second day of the battle, as a raging storm set in which obscured all shots fired from Dominion Archers, and prevented the spellcasters from launching their fireballs. Lightning struck down on the Aldmeri camps, causing a brief disorganized panic among the commanders, as a quarter of their temporary residence burned down in a matter of minutes. By the time the fire was put out, Dominion Forces, while not all too damaged from the flames themselves, were heavily demoralized. They would need to take the city as to regain their supply advantage, and somehow, the garrison, with the legion, still held.

As the storm raged further still, finally, relief came for the defenders. Its arrival was signalled by a roar which would shiver defender and attacker alike to the bone. Mounted atop the Dragon Odahviing, was none other than the Dragonborn himself, who under the cover of storm clouds, descended onto the Aldmeri lines.

What followed next, can only be described as wholesale slaughter.

Dominion Forces were decimated as the dragon assaulted their first lines, infantry with no hope of combating an aerial threat, either ran, or were frozen in terror, as columns of fire engulfed the field and Elves alike, who despite being soaked in the rain, proved quite flammable nonetheless. The resistance the second line, the skirmishers put up, while certainly more than the infantry, proved just as ineffective. Arrows bounced off the scaled beast, and though with time, they may have harmed it, not when under a barrage of flame and Thu’um.

In a matter of minutes, 1st Dominionist Army, was either entirely routed, or destroyed, its leader, the High Inquisitor having burnt alive, as his tent caught aflame.

Rodrik had come to Cyrodiil, not out of love for the Empire, but to make war with the Dominion, and he had certainly made an impression. Rodrik would, after conferring with the Legionaries of Kvatch, fly to the Imperial City, where he would offer his sword, albeit temporarily to the Emperor, who would without hesitation accept, granting the Dragonborn whatever resources he required to combat the Thalmor. Rodrik would once again mount atop Odahviing, and fly to the front, where he would aid the Legion during the Dominion’s second attempt to take the city a week later, which despite bringing an even greater force, went in a similar fashion to the last.

Bruma, in Rodrik’s mind, would be avenged in full, and then some.

Updated with info on dragon shouts, finally, sorry it took so long, I was unable to write. If this isn't enough let me know!
Just a random nerd trying to figure out how to nationstate

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm

General Information: "Jacquelyn"

Name: Jacquelyn "Jackie" Vanth
Origin: Her memories tell her she came from an alternate version of Earth, one where superhuman powers were granted to her by birthright. But it never existed. It was all written in, last Thursday.
Age: Less than a day. But, if memory serves, she's been around for at least twenty nine years.
Species: A plot abstraction. A character. Indistinguishable from any other human.
Appearance: Brown hair, caucasian complexion, short, with blue eyes that 'dance with speckled sunlight'. Wool jacket, cotton pants, flowy scarf.
Powers & Abilities:
  • Light: Jacquelyn can forge items and shapes out of light. It's like silk. She can stretch it between her fingers, throw it, shape it like clay. And then, once it has a proper shape, she can harden it. She can create extra appendages with light, replace unimportant body tissues with it. She can create endless spools of the stuff, but this will drain her vitality. She can maintain a small house worth's of light without injury. She can also use light to heal others, inciting rapid regeneration. This requires concentrated effort on her part however, and eats at her body.
  • Absorption: She can absorb light to heal herself. But, considering the amount of energy needed to generate matter, this is... Barely useful in combat. She can, however, absorb regular light and convert it directly into 'hard light'/radiance, meaning she can use natural sources to fuel her own abilities. This is, as was said before, extremely inefficient. She can also 'release' the energy stored inside radiance, creating explosions and intense heat.
  • Heat Resistance: Jacquelyn can easily withstand flames and burning light. She can see clearly, even when staring directly at the sun; stand in a pot of molten iron without injury, and is entirely inflammable. Her resistance breaks down at around 20,000 degrees Celsius.
  • Glow: Jacquelyn can glow brightly, if she decides to. She can also absorb light and use it to enhance her physical abilities and durability, negating or enhancing kinetic energy. She can't, however, convert radiance into kinetic energy. She can only do it with regular light, meaning in a dark environment, she's as vulnerable as a regular human.
Weaknesses:
  • Limitations: Jacquelyn's light generation directly takes energy from her body. It converts atoms into pure energy. This may seem efficient, but creating enough light to make solid objects uses up quite a lot of energy. If she tries to maintain more than a room's worth of 'solid light' (at its lowest density), she'll turn pale, and become dizzy. One-and-a-half rooms is enough to knock her unconscious. Any more than that would result in her death. Releasing the energy held within her own radiance can easily create explosions large enough (with enough shrapnel) to kill her, in addition to anyone nearby. As such, without cover or shielding, she can't use the ability to its full extent.
Statistics:

Destructive Capacity: Athletic Human | Tree Level | Town level. If Jacquelyn directly converts mass into energy, and her absolute limit of 'expended mass' is 10 grams, this converts to about 8.99e+14 joules of energy, which is in the range of 2.42e+13 to 4.18e+14 required for this level of destruction. If she converts her entire body into energy (which would kill her instantly) this will produce the equivalent of around 50kg of energy; releasing around 4.5e+17 joules of energy, or enough to produce a mountain-breaking explosion.
Attack Potency: Athletic Human | Wall Level | Town level with 'light release'. Radiance's main focus is in dealing damage through heat (Radiance's temperature is based on how much energy got poured into how small a space, and can easily reach 90,000 degrees Celsius). But, combining both physical and thermal factors, her attack potency reaches large building level under normal circumstances, but can be forced up to town level with enormous effort.
Speed: Athletic Human | Subsonic, with superhuman reactions | Usually supersonic, but can feasibly reach Light Speed
Lifting Strength Athletic Human | Class 1 (500 kg) | Class 5 (10 tons)
Striking Strength: Athletic Human | Wall Level | Small Building Level
Durability: Athletic Human | Wall Level | Small Building Level
Stamina: Athletic Human | Superhuman | Not-Applicable
Range: Melee Range | Melee Range | Several Kilometres
Intelligence: Human | * | *

Key: Regular | Glow | Radiance

Personal Information:

Equipment:
  • The Answer: A scrap of knowledge that tells someone the most important thing they could possibly know, and only that. The answer to the most important question they could possibly ask in that moment. Its answer is entirely different between separate people. Giving it away requires both parties to be absolutely willing, and for the recipient to know the potential consequences. Giving it away means the person letting it go loses all their memory of what The Answer told them, and are unable to be reminded of it (they simply can't comprehend any reminders) unless they are given The Answer again. The Answer will almost only ever give one answer to one person, and cannot be used for acquiring general or situation-specific information.
Biography: Jacquelyn was born... Created, 'twenty nine years ago' on an Earth where birthright determined the blessings and abilities people got. Unfortunately, a dark malevolent force threatened the world, in control of a shadowy cult and supreme magical abilities. Jacquelyn was destined to stop it. She was kidnapped, in order to extract her uniquely powerful abilities. She escaped with the help of another subject, a boy named Kyle, and vowed to take down the individual, known as Sterling. They fought against his clandestine organisation, and eventually faced him in battle.
And there, as Sterling lay dying, Jacquelyn entered the machine which he had built to end the world. And there, she found The Answer. And it told her truths. And then, before she knew it, the duo were sent tumbling through time and space.
Personality: Jacquelyn is cynical and entirely aware of the fact she's in a story. She knows there's a writer, she knows there are many. She knows things she couldn't possibly. Mostly trivial things, like people's names. She can't talk to the writers. She can't see them. But she knows they're there, always telling her what to do. She only just came into existence, and is still coming to terms with that fact. She knows her entire past is made up, she knows she's still not real. Simply put, she's coming to terms with the nihilistic nature of the world. She currently knows she's in a fictional text, and that there is an author; as well as the fact that everyone else is too, but beyond that, lacks most meta-narrative consciousness.

Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.

General Information: "Kyle"

Name: Kyle Hearse
Origin: The same universe (?) that Jacquelyn came from
Species: Human
Appearance: Long black hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, moderate height. Tailcoat, pants and shirt.
Powers & Abilities:
  • General: Kyle's thoughts are greatly accelerated, allowing him to process sensory information to an unprecedented degree. He can echolocate, see in the dark and run over unstable terrain with ease. His body to mind coordination is incredibly developed, allowing him to pull off otherwise unimaginable feats of agility and dexterity.
  • Eyes: Kyle' eyes are entirely perfect. They're stronger than graphene, and can see anything. He can read a book at two hundred metres, and can aim perfectly dozens of kilometres away. He can look in a mirror, and see bullets in the air, specks of dust, the glint of a barrel. Simply by opening his eyes, he can see and keep track of essentially every object around him for three hundred yards. Even when blindfolded, he can still see as clearly as a regular human, just from the tiny amounts of light that make it through the fabric.
  • Hands: Kyle has incredibly steady hands. His mind compensates for everything. For the wind, for his heartbeat, for the twitches of his muscles. His aim is perfect. He can shoot a fly out of the air from the opposite side of a river, compensating even for the minute imperfections in the weapon itself. He can thread a needle without needing to look, all that jazz. His abilities are much simpler to explain than Jacquelyn's.
Weaknesses:
  • Sensitivity: Kyle' eyes are incredibly sensitive to nearly every factor. Bright lights can stun him for a short time (ironically), even through his eyelids. As such, he simply can't fight in bright conditions.
Statistics:

Destructive Capacity: Human level. Between wall and small building level with the Astra.
Attack Potency: Human level. Between street and building level with the Astra.
Speed: Superhuman (Body movements are inhumanely swift and coordinated)
Lifting Strength Athletic human
Striking Strength: Athletic human
Durability: Athletic human
Stamina: Athletic human
Range: Several kilometres with his rifle.
Intelligence: Above average knowledge. Savant level comprehension, since his mind works at such an accelerated speed.

Personal Information:

Equipment:
  • Astra: It's literally called the "Astra Rifle". The weapon fires metal slugs at varying speeds. It interfaces with them directly, and decides on how powerful its shot will be based on what the shooter wishes. It can fire a 15 gram projectile between 400 and 250,000 m/s, the force of a small pistol and around 100 kg of TNT respectively.
  • Solar Locus: An orb. It provides energy to any device in a twenty metre radius, providing essentially infinite energy. Destroying the orb would take more energy than a star would create in its entire lifespan, but would indeed release the huge ass star stored inside it. It's around two inches wide.
Biography: Kyle was an orphan, who was kidnapped for experimentation in a world of mutations and clandestine governments. Before then he had lived on the streets, bouncing between places of goodwill and homelessness. He was kept in the facility for some time, but the scientists simply couldn't find a way to replicate his particular abilities. One new moon, he escaped, and took Jacquelyn with him. Together, they took down the institution which wanted to destroy the world (As a part of the process to gain 'ultimate knowledge'). He and Jacquelyn took down Sterling, the leader of the entire institution. However, Jacquelyn entered the device he had constructed; "The Aletheian Mechanism", and found The Answer. As soon as she took a hold of it, they fell away, through space and time.
Personality: Kyle is calm and friendly, in a sort of 'chill' way. He's friendly to anyone who approaches him, but isn't a stranger to violence. He's extremely fond of Jacquelyn, in a way that's entirely unrequited (if at all possible). He's surprisingly protective of others, and while he's confident in his own abilities, often seeks out help for tasks he thinks he might have trouble with.

Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Uh...really? Like, a 50m tall walking mech with a mega bolter that is considered heavy siege artillery in every other universe, and a melta cannons that make Baneblades and anything not in a bigger titan break out in hives and shit their armored pantaloons...

As much as it would be, imma opt not to go for the 50mm tall robot of raepage.

An Imperial knight, on the other hand...
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Parcia wrote:Uh...really? Like, a 50m tall walking mech with a mega bolter that is considered heavy siege artillery in every other universe, and a melta cannons that make Baneblades and anything not in a bigger titan break out in hives and shit their armored pantaloons...

As much as it would be, imma opt not to go for the 50mm tall robot of raepage.

An Imperial knight, on the other hand...

Yeah, but you could only use it when a 50m tall mecha could fit into the plot of an arc, which wouldn't be too often. So you could app for one and get accepted, but use would be extremely minimal so the app would be near useless.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Menschenfleisch wrote:Oo what's this? Meta plot, apparently.

General Information:

Name: Jacquelyn "Jackie" Vanth
Origin: Her memories tell her she came from an alternate version of Earth, one where superhuman powers were granted to her by birthright. But it never existed. It was all written in, last Thursday.
Age: Less than a day. But, if memory serves, she's been around for at least twenty nine years.
Species: A plot abstraction. A character. Indistinguishable from any other human.
Appearance: Brown hair, caucasian complexion, short, with blue eyes that 'dance with speckled sunlight'. Down jacket, cotton pants, flowy scarf.
Powers & Abilities:
  • Light: Jacquelyn can forge items and shapes out of light. It's like silk. She can stretch it between her fingers, throw it, shape it like clay. And then, once it has a proper shape, she can harden it. She can create extra appendages with light, replace unimportant body tissues with it. She can create endless spools of the stuff, but this will drain her vitality. She can maintain a small house worth's of light without injury. She can also use light to heal others, inciting rapid regeneration. This requires concentrated effort on her part however, and eats at her body.
  • Absorption: She can absorb light to heal herself. But, considering the amount of energy needed to generate matter, this is... Barely useful in combat. She can, however, absorb regular light and convert it directly into 'hard light'/radiance, meaning she can use natural sources to fuel her own abilities. This is, as was said before, extremely inefficient. She can also 'release' the energy stored inside radiance, creating explosions and intense heat.*
  • Heat Resistance: Jacquelyn can easily withstand flames and burning light. She can see clearly, even when staring directly at the sun; stand in a pot of molten iron without injury, and is entirely inflammable. Her resistance breaks down at around 20,000 degrees Celsius.*
  • Glow: Jacquelyn can glow brightly, if she decides to. She can also absorb light and use it to enhance her physical abilities and durability, negating or enhancing kinetic energy. She can't, however, convert radiance into kinetic energy. She can only do it with regular light, meaning in a dark environment, she's as vulnerable as a regular human.
Weaknesses:
  • Limitations: Jacquelyn's light generation directly takes energy from her body. It converts atoms into pure energy. This may seem efficient, but creating enough light to make solid objects uses up quite a lot of energy. If she tries to maintain more than a room's worth of 'solid light' (at its lowest density), she'll turn pale, and become dizzy. One-and-a-half rooms is enough to knock her unconscious. Any more than that would result in her death. Releasing the energy held within her own radiance can easily create explosions large enough (with enough shrapnel) to kill her, in addition to anyone nearby. As such, without cover or shielding, she can't use the ability to its full extent.
Statistics:

Destructive Capacity: Town level. If Jacquelyn directly converts mass into energy, and her absolute limit of 'expended mass' is 10 grams, this converts to about 8.99e+14 joules of energy, which is in the range of 2.42e+13 to 4.18e+14 required for this level of destruction.
Attack Potency: Town level with 'light release'. Radiance's main focus is in dealing damage through heat (Radiance's temperature is based on how much energy got poured into how small a space, and can easily reach 90,000 degrees Celsius). But, combining both physical and thermal factors, her attack potency reaches large building level under normal circumstances, but can be forced up to town level with enormous effort.
Speed: Subsonic, with superhuman reactions. Being partially composed of radiance means you tend to move a lot faster than you intend. Radiance's effectively combat speed is supersonic, reaching Mach 2 or higher. In effect though, it can easily travel in one direction at, you know... The speed of light.
Lifting Strength Athletic human. With her Glow, this can be improved. If she's standing outside on a sunny day, this can reach class 1 (500 kg). Her radiance can easily achieve Class 5 (Less than 10 tons), if not higher.
Striking Strength: Athletic human. With her glow, on a sunny day, this can reach wall or higher. Her radiance can easily achieve small building level.
Durability: Athletic human. On a sunny day, wall level or higher. Radiance-based shielding can enhance this to small building level.
Stamina: Athletic human. On a sunny day, superhuman.
Range: Melee range, for the most part. Several kilometres with Radiant projectiles.
Intelligence: Human.

Personal Information:

Equipment:
  • The Answer: An object that tells someone the most important thing they could possibly know, and only that. The answer to the most important question they could possibly ask in that moment. It stays consistent. It almost never changes after answering someone, but its answer is entirely different between different people. Giving it away requires both parties to be absolutely willing, and for the recipient to know the potential consequences.
Biography: Jacquelyn was born... Created, twenty nine years ago on an Earth where birthright determined the blessings and abilities people got. Unfortunately, a dark malevolent force threatened the world, in control of a shadowy cult and supreme magical abilities. Jacquelyn was destined to stop it. She was kidnapped, in order to extract her uniquely powerful abilities. She escaped with the help of another subject, a boy named Lucius, and vowed to take down the individual, known as Sterling. They fought against his clandestine organisation, and eventually faced him in battle.
And there, as Sterling lay dying, Jacquelyn entered the machine which he had built to end the world. And there, she found The Answer. And it told her truths. And then, before she knew it, the duo were sent tumbling through time and space.
Personality: Jacquelyn is cynical and entirely aware of the fact she's in a story. She knows there's a writer, she knows there are many. She knows things she couldn't possibly. Mostly trivial things, like people's names. She can't talk to the writers. She can't see them. But she knows they're there, always telling her what to do. She only just came into existence, and is still coming to terms with that fact. She knows her entire past is made up, she knows she's still not real. Simply put, she's coming to terms with the nihilistic nature of the world.

General Information:

Name: Lucius "Luke" Hearse
Appearance: Long black hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, moderate height. Tailcoat, pants and shirt.
Powers & Abilities:
  • General: Luke's thoughts are greatly accelerated, allowing him to process sensory information to an unprecedented degree. He can echolocate, see in the dark and run over unstable terrain with ease. His body to mind coordination is incredibly developed, allowing him to pull off otherwise unimaginable feats of agility and dexterity.
  • Eyes: Lucius' eyes are entirely perfect. They're stronger than graphene, and can see anything. He can read a book at two hundred metres, and can aim perfectly dozens of kilometres away. He can look in a mirror, and see bullets in the air, specks of dust, the glint of a barrel. Simply by opening his eyes, he can see and keep track of essentially every object around him for three hundred yards. Even when blindfolded, he can still see as clearly as a regular human, just from the tiny amounts of light that make it through the fabric.
  • Hands: Lucius has incredibly steady hands. His mind compensates for everything. For the wind, for his heartbeat, for the twitches of his muscles. His aim is perfect. He can shoot a fly out of the air from the opposite side of a river, compensating even for the minute imperfections in the weapon itself. He can thread a needle without needing to look, all that jazz. His abilities are much simpler to explain than Jacquelyn's.
Weaknesses:
  • Sensitivity: Lucius' eyes are incredibly sensitive to nearly every factor. Bright lights can stun him for a short time (ironically), even through his eyelids. As such, he simply can't fight in bright conditions.
Statistics:

Destructive Capacity: Human level. Between wall and small building level with the Astra.
Attack Potency: Human level. Between street and building level with the Astra.
Speed: Superhuman (Body movements are inhumanely swift and coordinated)
Lifting Strength Athletic human
Striking Strength: Athletic human
Durability: Athletic human
Stamina: Athletic human
Range: Several kilometres with his rifle.
Intelligence: Above average knowledge. Savant level comprehension, since his mind works at such an accelerated speed.

Personal Information:

Equipment:
  • Astra: It's literally called the "Astra Rifle". The weapon fires metal slugs at varying speeds. It interfaces with them directly, and decides on how powerful its shot will be based on what the shooter wishes. It can fire a 15 gram projectile between 400 and 250,000 m/s, the force of a small pistol and around 100 kg of TNT respectively.
  • Solar Locus: An orb. It provides energy to any device in a twenty metre radius, providing essentially infinite energy. Destroying the orb would take more energy than a star would create in its entire lifespan, but would indeed release the huge ass star stored inside it. It's around two inches wide.
Biography: Lucius was an orphan, who was kidnapped for experimentation in a world of mutations and clandestine governments. Before then he had lived on the streets, bouncing between places of goodwill and homelessness. He was kept in the facility for some time, but the scientists simply couldn't find a way to replicate his particular abilities. One new moon, he escaped, and took Jacquelyn with him. Together, they took down the institution which wanted to destroy the world (As a part of the process to gain 'ultimate knowledge'). He and Jacquelyn took down Sterling, the leader of the entire institution. However, Jacquelyn entered the device he had constructed; "The Aletheian Mechanism", and found The Answer. As soon as she took a hold of it, they fell away, through space and time.
Personality: Lucius is calm and friendly, in a sort of 'chill' way. He's friendly to anyone who approaches him, but isn't a stranger to violence. He's extremely fond of Jacquelyn, in a way that's entirely unrequited (if at all possible). He's surprisingly protective of others, and while he's confident in his own abilities, often seeks out help for tasks he thinks he might have trouble with.

And in advance, is Secrets of The Raven still open?

It's still open yes
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Good news: I am on here on my new drive.

Bad news - I lost 4 years of my life by not backing stuff up.
The drive everything was on is now dead.
I will have it sent in to get my stuff back soon.

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:01 am

Skylus wrote:
Summary: A rift/portal opens in a mysterious land, one racked by wars over an energy source known as Chi. Whoever goes through this portal will become various types of animals; in Lego form (like everyone else in the show). The newcomers will get caught up in this war over Chi, forge friendships, and possibly be able to use this energy source themselves.

Apologies, but due to the relative obscurity of the show, I don't think many people would join. I'll have to Reject this arc unless one of the Co-Ops says otherwise.
Arc Name: Stolen Divinity
Moderator: The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Humor
Summary: Stolen Divinity is set in the Kid Icarus universe, 7 years after the events of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Cronus, the primordial god of time that was sealed away by the Pantheon during it's rise due to his selfish schemes, has unexpectedly returned, seeking vengeance against the gods. After stealing away Palutena’s and Hades’ divinity using his Hourglass of the Divine, he banishes them from their universe so that he can continue his plans for domination and vengeance without them interfering along with his two allies: Anubis, ancient god of death who was replaced by Thanatos due to his loyalty to Cronus, and Loki, the Norse god of Mischief.

Now Palutena, Hades and Pit (who followed Palutena through the rift she was banished through) must gather allies from across reality to combat Cronus and his forces, before he steals the entire Pantheon's divinity, and becomes much too powerful to stop.

How powerful are Cronus and the rest of the Gods? And do you plan on bringing them to other Arcs once we begin merging them?

So long as they don't overshadow everyone else but are sufficiently big enough to be villains, then Accepted.
Emperial Germany wrote:Name: Rodrik Skarfr Haraldsson
Origin: The Elder Scrolls V.
Species: Dovahkiin

Updated with info on dragon shouts, finally, sorry it took so long, I was unable to write. If this isn't enough let me know!

Looks good. Accepted!

Though, before you post, I will have to request you clarify:

Soul Tear. "Your Thu'um cuts through flesh and shatters soul, commanding the will of the fallen." (Note. Damage scales with target. Grape-shot/Shotgun-like attack pattern. Close-Mid range only)

Does it no longer raise the dead when it kills the target?
Bend Will. "Your voice bends the very stones to your will. As it gains power, animals, people, and even dragons must do your bidding." (Does not function of characters/Creatures with high mental constitution. Length of control scales with victim's mental constitution. (Wizards will be unaffected. Animals will be permanently affected.)

Just to be safe, the standard rules for mind control apply. It only works on player characters if the RPer wants it to.
Menschenfleisch wrote:Name: Jacquelyn "Jackie" Vanth

Name: Kyle Hearse

And in advance, is Secrets of The Raven still open?

Accepted unless another Co-Op says otherwise. However, much like Altair, keep the Meta at a minimum so that means no talking about how this is all a RP or directly talking to the writers, and other shenanigans. Also, no summoning explosions inside of people or anything like that.

Please handle the Meta-aspect of the character carefully, and the Answer sparsely. If you're ever unsure about something, don't be afraid to contact us.

As for the Astra, its max damage is Building Level, right?

And yes, SotR is still open.
Last edited by Apto on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Flukes

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:41 am

Well, Apto.
Touhou is obscure, but our subconscious can get a crap ton of references that in all technicality, it isn’t that obscure. Then again, what’s the name of this LEGO show?

Also,
Rannoria wrote:
Skylus wrote:
OMG YOU'RE ALSO JOINING?! COOL!

yea gal.

Gonna be usin em sick firebending/waterbending techniques

Skylus, you can recognize him but not this Cthulhist that’s been waving his arms like an octopus to carve a name out?
Then again, why the heck do I care? AAAAAAAAAAA
actually angery
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Apto
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:29 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Well, Apto.
Touhou is obscure, but our subconscious can get a crap ton of references that in all technicality, it isn’t that obscure. Then again, what’s the name of this LEGO show?

If Touhou's obscure, then I don't know what's famous anymore. :p

- Flukes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse