NATION

PASSWORD

The Occupation of Room 17 (Lovecraftian/Horror,Open,OCC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Morrow den
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Occupation of Room 17 (Lovecraftian/Horror,Open,OCC)

Postby Morrow den » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:43 pm

”Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.”~H.P. Lovecraft

The thriving port of Muskeg Point, Connecticut has been a point of rest for many tired travelers from far off exotic locales for years now. However, most can not afford the glamorous hotels of downtown and must resort to the eastern outskirts of Muskeg for shelter. Where the accommodations are less then flattering and many are preyed upon by packs of thugs. “Brick Hole” as the locals call the eastern section of Muskeg is no safe place especially in the year of 1939 but nothing would compare the coming horror.

The Harper Hotel is an old industrial building from a begone era turned to a cheap place to sleep. It offers nothing but a bed and light a commodity most enjoyed coming from depravied places. Most nights the only thing to worry about was the occasional pest that would make its way into rooms but on this summer night an awful occurrence is beginning. New travelers from all over have made the journey to the hotel for a cheap sleep. An odd event has happened though. Many of these travelers have been assigned the same room...room 17. All with the same key and all with a sense of dread to unlock the door for something seems to be already in it. You are one of these souls coming from all different backgrounds with some more logical while others seem frantic. However, one thing is in common; what is in Room 17?

As you can tell by the introduction this is a time period RP set in 1939 during the month of July. As such please make your character fit the time.

Your character can almost have any backstory just please specify why they have chosen the Harper Hotel as the place to stay the night.

This will be a character based RP as such please make sure you can stay active so we may finish this RP. If you cannot post a few times a week please specify that and I can fit you in as a minor character.

Minor characters can be other hotel staff besides the front desk clerk or guests in other rooms who have come out to see the commotion. Other ideas are available such as characters not what they seem just TG me.

This is my first RP in awhile so please if I mess up just TG me so I can fix it.

All mighty rule I have finally say in the RP. But please let’s have fun and finish this.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Minor or Major Character:[/b]
[b]Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?):[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Current items on character:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

Jervais Brown-Ralioskener

Jack Bonano-Song-Lu

Last edited by Morrow den on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My old sig cringe

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:51 am

Name: Jervais Brown
Minor or Major Character: Major Character
Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): Jervais has a quite strong resistance to insanity, especially after the incident in the family home. However, he does have a limit and cannot handle the extreme or intensely grotesque or alien.
Appearance: He is about 5”8 and has a small beard and glasses. His hair has already begun to gray, though he is stronger than he seems.
Current items on character: Sawed-off double barelled shotgun, a diary, a notebook, basic writing and drawing materials (pen, ink, pencil), lamp, gun case
Bio: Jervais was born in a small family home, and lived a relatively normal life. However, at age 15 Jervais’ father began speaking about a strange noise that he would constantly hear when in the house, as if it belonged to something underground. Jervais and the other members of the family dismissed him, insisting they were rats or roaches.

Jervais’ parents died when he was age 36, and he inherited the family home (especially after his brother left for Europe). However, he too began hearing the strange noises, of something dragging through a wet substance, supposedly mud. One day, irritated and tired of hearing these noises, Jervais opened up a part of the bathroom floor and broke open a pipe. Seeing something that resembled a slug, Jervais stabbed it with a wrench, and the creature retreated into the sewers, angry that something had found it.

That night, Jervais went into the sewers, armed with a shotgun and lamp. After wandering for a few minutes, using rhythmic tapping and banging to lure the creature. Soon, it found him, a tentacled beast with an elongated head and glowing inhuman eyes. It was the size of a car, and Jervais shot it twice with the shotgun, causing it to panic and knock him into the wall. Jervais reloaded and shot it again, before retreating back to his house. The creature was mortally wounded and fled.

Fearing the creature would come back with its brothers and take revenge, Jervais decided to stay somewhere else for the week while he searched for new place to stay.

Unfortunately, the poor man would end up staying at Harper Hotel...
Last edited by Ralioskener on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 am

Ralioskener wrote:Still very much WIP, but I'm leaving this here for now.

Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): (do i describe, or is it a number rating?)
Appearance: WIP
Current items on character: (WIP) Sawed-off double barelled shotgun
Bio: (WIP) He came to Harper Hotel to investigate the strange Room 17.

Thanks for joining! I only have on complaint and that is Room 17 isn’t something that your character would have knowledge of due to it just happening. But your character can have knowledge of the occult and other horrors. Also as for sanity it’s more of a description of what they could handle.
My old sig cringe

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Ralioskener wrote:Still very much WIP, but I'm leaving this here for now.

Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): (do i describe, or is it a number rating?)
Appearance: WIP
Current items on character: (WIP) Sawed-off double barelled shotgun
Bio: (WIP) He came to Harper Hotel to investigate the strange Room 17.

Thanks for joining! I only have on complaint and that is Room 17 isn’t something that your character would have knowledge of due to it just happening. But your character can have knowledge of the occult and other horrors. Also as for sanity it’s more of a description of what they could handle.

Ah, I see. I’ll edit accordingly.
dead nation oof

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Taggity taggity taggity
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Convaria
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Convaria » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Will be joining, will write application very soon, just lack of time due to upcoming due dates
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

8-Values results: 61% Markets, 75% Nation, 73.5% Authority, 50.5% Progress

Political Compass: 2.73 Right, 3.97 Up

(This nation mostly reflects my political views)

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I’ve completed my app.
dead nation oof

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Ralioskener wrote:I’ve completed my app.

Accepted. One thing however, is your character carrying anything else besides a shotgun? Also wouldn’t one be alarming to the hotel if you walked in with one? Other then that welcome to the show.
My old sig cringe

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Ralioskener wrote:I’ve completed my app.

Accepted. One thing however, is your character carrying anything else besides a shotgun? Also wouldn’t one be alarming to the hotel if you walked in with one? Other then that welcome to the show.

Ah damn, forgot about equipment. He has a gun case to carry it in. Edited accordingly, thanks.
dead nation oof

Song-Lu
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Song-Lu » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Name: Jack Bonano
Minor or Major Character: Major
Sanity: Given his experience and knowledge of the occult, as well as his past experiences, Jacques has quite a mental and psychological fortitude. But like any other human, his sanity has a breaking point, especially when seeing something intensely incomprehensible to the human senses.
Appearance: the guy in a hat
Current items on character: S&W Model 10 snub-nose revolver, magnifying glass, small memo notebook, pencil, scotch tape, dry-cell flashlight
Bio: Jack Bonano was born in a well-off family of Italian-American descent in New York City. He had lived a decent life along with his two male siblings, Bill and Andrew. He was quite intelligent at school but had a reputation for being a troublemaker. Despite that, he went to a good college, where he would meet his first and last love, Rose McCarthy. The couple got married as soon as Jack got enlisted in the police force.

Life was well for Jack and Rose. Rose became a manager of a shoe company, while Jack became a well-known detective in the police force. One day, the couple for a date night, and Jack was to fetch Rose from their apartment to a Broadway concert when something had happened. As Jack went home and opened the apartment door, he already knew something was amiss. It was dark, as if power had been cut off. Jack heard eerie noises, like something wading or dragging through mud as he carefully walked in. Not long, he found himself a malicious, inhuman creature with long tendrils. Jack fired a couple of rounds from his service revolver when he heard the screams of his beloved wife. Jack tried to wrest her away from the creature when it threw him to a dining table. The creature then slithered away, along with Rose, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

The whole event shattered Jack Bonano. He resigned from the police force the day after the incident as he fell into deep depression. He started to drink heavily and even started to inject cocaine in his system, exhausting his finances until he was forced to pull himself together after a near-death experience due to alcohol poisoning. Jack recovered from his addictions and depression rather quickly, yet the scars of that incident remained fresh. Jack became obsessed finding Rose and began researching the occult and supernatural. Soon enough, he became a self-employed private investigator.

Unlike other private investigators that mostly stuck to taking pictures of cheating spouses, he entertained clients with "abnormal experiences", such as hearing otherworldly sounds in their basements as well as serial killers with mysterious artifacts. While the resolution of these abnormal cases has brought him slight fame once more, Jack was also busy finding his beloved spouse, vague clues leading him to Muskeg Point, Connecticut.
Last edited by Song-Lu on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am

Song-Lu wrote:Name: Jack Bonano
Sanity: Given his experience and knowledge of the occult, as well as his past experiences, Jacques has quite a mental and psychological fortitude. But like any other human, his sanity has a breaking point, especially when seeing something intensely incomprehensible to the human senses.
Appearance: [url=The guy with a hat]http://images.wisegeek.com/woman-with-hands-covering-face-near-detective-in-office.jpg[/url]
Current items on character: S&W Model 10 snub-nose revolver, magnifying glass, small memo notebook, pencil, scotch tape, dry-cell flashlight
Bio: Jack Bonano was born in a well-off family of Italian-American descent in New York City. He had lived a decent life along with his two male siblings, Bill and Andrew. He was quite intelligent at school but had a reputation for being a troublemaker. Despite that, he went to a good college, where he would meet his first and last love, Rose McCarthy. The couple got married as soon as Jack got enlisted in the police force.

Life was well for Jack and Rose. Rose became a manager of a shoe company, while Jack became a well-known detective in the police force. One day, the couple for a date night, and Jack was to fetch Rose from their apartment to a Broadway concert when something had happened. As Jack went home and opened the apartment door, he already knew something was amiss. It was dark, as if power had been cut off. Jack heard eerie noises, like something wading or dragging through mud as he carefully walked in. Not long, he found himself a malicious, inhuman creature with long tendrils. Jack fired a couple of rounds from his service revolver when he heard the screams of his beloved wife. Jack tried to wrest her away from the creature when it threw him to a dining table. The creature then slithered away, along with Rose, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

The whole event shattered Jack Bonano. He resigned from the police force the day after the incident as he fell into deep depression. He started to drink heavily and even started to inject cocaine in his system, exhausting his finances until he was forced to pull himself together after a near-death experience due to alcohol poisoning. Jack recovered from his addictions and depression rather quickly, yet the scars of that incident remained fresh. Jack became obsessed finding Rose and began researching the occult and supernatural. Soon enough, he became a self-employed private investigator.

Unlike other private investigators that mostly stuck to taking pictures of cheating spouses, he entertained clients with "abnormal experiences", such as hearing otherworldly sounds in their basements as well as serial killers with mysterious artifacts. While the resolution of these abnormal cases has brought him slight fame once more, Jack was also busy finding his beloved spouse, vague clues leading him to Muskeg Point, Connecticut.

Very nice! Accepted!
My old sig cringe

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm

I have some questions before I apply for this roleplay:
  • what determines if a character is major or minor?
  • will characters die off? (you don’t have to answer if this is too revealing)
  • is there a manager/hostelier of this building and:
    1. Is he you?
    2. and does he know about the occurrences at Room 17 or is this new to him?
  • When do we get to meet Cthulhu? :P

Hope to hear back from you soon.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Granluras wrote:I have some questions before I apply for this roleplay:
  • what determines if a character is major or minor?
  • will characters die off? (you don’t have to answer if this is too revealing)
  • is there a manager/hostelier of this building and:
    1. Is he you?
    2. and does he know about the occurrences at Room 17 or is this new to him?
  • When do we get to meet Cthulhu? :P

Hope to hear back from you soon.

1. What determines a major or minor character is how much time you wanna put into it. A minor character is for a player who wishs to join but can’t post as much or just wants to be in a small part of the RP.

2.Yes characters can die. If it calls for it I will TG the player that the character has made the wrong decision resulting in death. If you wish you can have one major and a minor character as a backup. However if both are killed you are out as to make it more thrilling.

3.Yes, the manger is me and I will post a application for him very soon today. The other question will be left open :p

4. ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
My old sig cringe

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Morrow den wrote:4. ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Y' lllln'gha lw'nafhnah gof'nn!
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Name: William Hensley
Sanity (How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): He saw a lot during the war (he’s a WW1 vet) and saw some more afterwards, so he’s acquired a lot of mental fortitude. He can crack, but what his limits are are unknown to most. His stoic and nebulous personality helps shroud that breaking point and bolster his sanity.
Occupation: Professor, but he indulges in some other activities which are mostly hobbies and part-time
Appearance: 6’ 1”; muscular and tough due to military training; military hairstyle slightly overgrown because he got used to it and doesn’t regulate its length as he used to in the army; stoic; cold, emotionless eyes; hazel eyes and black hair; usually wears a trench coat and a fedora, basically an archetypal Depression-era Noir detective-style attire.
Current items on character: Military-standard handgun, notepad and pencil, standard ID papers and accessories (driving license, wallet, key, etc), some other utensils (for his university)
Bio: Born in the Spring of 1895, William Hensley was born a member of a military family going back to the Revolutionary War. He joined the military at age 17 in 1912, did some basic training, and then was sent to Europe in 1916 (age 21) to fight in World War One. After returning two years later, his mind embedded with the harrowing experiences from the Western Front. He skipped around military bases and other forms until 1929, when he was honorably discharged as a Captain. He settled down in suburban New York, became an educator (despite the turbulence times of the Depression), and took up a professorship at Cornell University 1935. Since then he has become respected by his colleagues and students, but has remained enigmatic, stoical, and closed. Not many knows what activities or luxuries he delves into in his free time, some guesses range from simple R&R to extreme occultism. Whatever he does do it might be affiliated with his profound knowledge and even his stumbling-across of the Harper Hotel.

PS: I apologize if this was written a little below average, I’m writing this at 11 and I’m tired as hell :P
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Name: Nigel Dempsey (real name). Andrew Schmidt (Alias)
Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): very sane, he is used to killing people. He has seen some shit.
Appearance: 6’7’ Short Red hair, glasses, the most Stereotypical Mafia Suit ever, glasses.
Current items on character: Suitcase (Contents: Clothes, a Pistol, a notebook, writing utensils, bottle of stuff), a hat, a watch, a cigar set.
Bio: Nigel is not at all trustworthy. He maybe a nice guy and all, but don’t have him behind your back at any moment, for you might be his next target. He is somewhat of an Assassin for the Irish mob, and one of his targets is in the hotel. He puts on the apperence of an honest businessman who owns some local shop, on a “business” trip. Was raised in a crime family.
Last edited by Sikagoa on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest in news: The Grand Duke comments on the weather: ‘Tis very clammy
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Name: Hans Muller
Sanity: Hans, while generally calm and collected on the outside, does suffer from PTSD, and thus his sanity could likely be taken away from him, but not without a fight.
Appearance: Hans is a very large individual, standing slightly over seven feet in height, and weighing around 420 lbs, with a very broad and muscular physique.
Current items on character: Pistole Model 1908 (P08) Parabellum, German Nahkampfmesser (trench knife), a pair of reading glasses, and a pocket full of tea.
Bio: Hans was born in Munich, Germany, and lived a rather normal life for the most part, raised by his single mother in the country side. For a while, Hand had hoped to go into politics, studying various forms of economies and the political spectrum of the time. Yet, everything changed after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. War became imminent, and, pressured by his friends, Hans eventually went into the German army. For four years, Hans had done what he could to survive the trenches. But he had witnessed the deaths of many, including his best friend, Karl Schmidt, during a British attack using poisonous gas at the battle of Loos, as Karl had failed to put on his gas mask correctly. Hans was lucky to be alive, as he survived the war in it's entirety, especially having been shot several times and even stabbed once. But it was not all without consequence. For weeks on end, Hans suffered through paranoia, night terrors, and severe depression, though, after some medical help, he was able to suppress these feelings. Several years later, Hans decided to immigrate to America, primarily due to a rise in popularity of the National Socialist German Worker's Party, whose morality and ethics he completely disagreed with. The unfortunate circumstance was that he was only met with the Great Depression. He survived this only due to becoming a street performer, capable of great feats of strength. He was eventually recruited by a traveling circus, who provided him with the opportunity of a job in a time where such jobs had become scarce. Throughout the years, he struggled with his depression and night terrors, which could be, at times, mild, and at other times, severe. Throughout his free time, Hans participated in underground fights for extra money, where he excelled due to his military experience and great physical strength. As of now, Hans has come across the Harper Hotel to rest his head and prepare for the next showtime at his circus, which, to his knowledge, will next be held in New Haven...

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Granluras wrote:Name: William Hensley
Sanity (How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): He saw a lot during the war (he’s a WW1 vet) and saw some more afterwards, so he’s acquired a lot of mental fortitude. He can crack, but what his limits are are unknown to most. His stoic and nebulous personality helps shroud that breaking point and bolster his sanity.
Occupation: Professor, but he indulges in some other activities which are mostly hobbies and part-time
Appearance: 6’ 1”; muscular and tough due to military training; military hairstyle slightly overgrown because he got used to it and doesn’t regulate its length as he used to in the army; stoic; cold, emotionless eyes; hazel eyes and black hair; usually wears a trench coat and a fedora, basically an archetypal Depression-era Noir detective-style attire.
Current items on character: Military-standard handgun, notepad and pencil, standard ID papers and accessories (driving license, wallet, key, etc), some other utensils (for his university)
Bio: Born in the Spring of 1895, William Hensley was born a member of a military family going back to the Revolutionary War. He joined the military at age 17 in 1912, did some basic training, and then was sent to Europe in 1916 (age 21) to fight in World War One. After returning two years later, his mind embedded with the harrowing experiences from the Western Front. He skipped around military bases and other forms until 1929, when he was honorably discharged as a Captain. He settled down in suburban New York, became an educator (despite the turbulence times of the Depression), and took up a professorship at Cornell University 1935. Since then he has become respected by his colleagues and students, but has remained enigmatic, stoical, and closed. Not many knows what activities or luxuries he delves into in his free time, some guesses range from simple R&R to extreme occultism. Whatever he does do it might be affiliated with his profound knowledge and even his stumbling-across of the Harper Hotel.

PS: I apologize if this was written a little below average, I’m writing this at 11 and I’m tired as hell :P

It’s great! Accepted

Sikagoa wrote:Name: Nigel Dempsey (real name). Andrew Schmidt (Alias)
Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): very sane, he is used to killing people. He has seen some shit.
Appearance: 6’7’ Short Red hair, glasses, the most Stereotypical Mafia Suit ever, glasses.
Current items on character: Suitcase (Contents: Clothes, a Pistol, a notebook, writing utensils, bottle of stuff), a hat, a watch, a cigar set.
Bio: Nigel is not at all trustworthy. He maybe a nice guy and all, but don’t have him behind your back at any moment, for you might be his next target. He is somewhat of an Assassin for the Irish mob, and one of his targets is in the hotel. He puts on the apperence of an honest businessman who owns some local shop, on a “business” trip. Was raised in a crime family.

It’s short but as long as you know what your doing it’s accepted.

Eisen wrote:Name: Hans Muller
Sanity: Hans, while generally calm and collected on the outside, does suffer from PTSD, and thus his sanity could likely be taken away from him, but not without a fight.
Appearance: Hans is a very large individual, standing slightly over seven feet in height, and weighing around 420 lbs, with a very broad and muscular physique.
(Image)
Current items on character: Pistole Model 1908 (P08) Parabellum, German Nahkampfmesser (trench knife), a pair of reading glasses, and a pocket full of tea.
Bio: Hans was born in Munich, Germany, and lived a rather normal life for the most part, raised by his single mother in the country side. For a while, Hand had hoped to go into politics, studying various forms of economies and the political spectrum of the time. Yet, everything changed after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. War became imminent, and, pressured by his friends, Hans eventually went into the German army. For four years, Hans had done what he could to survive the trenches. But he had witnessed the deaths of many, including his best friend, Karl Schmidt, during a British attack using poisonous gas at the battle of Loos, as Karl had failed to put on his gas mask correctly. Hans was lucky to be alive, as he survived the war in it's entirety, especially having been shot several times and even stabbed once. But it was not all without consequence. For weeks on end, Hans suffered through paranoia, night terrors, and severe depression, though, after some medical help, he was able to suppress these feelings. Several years later, Hans decided to immigrate to America, primarily due to a rise in popularity of the National Socialist German Worker's Party, whose morality and ethics he completely disagreed with. The unfortunate circumstance was that he was only met with the Great Depression. He survived this only due to becoming a street performer, capable of great feats of strength. He was eventually recruited by a traveling circus, who provided him with the opportunity of a job in a time where such jobs had become scarce. Throughout the years, he struggled with his depression and night terrors, which could be, at times, mild, and at other times, severe. Throughout his free time, Hans participated in underground fights for extra money, where he excelled due to his military experience and great physical strength. As of now, Hans has come across the Harper Hotel to rest his head and prepare for the next showtime at his circus, which, to his knowledge, will next be held in New Haven...

I love that I can imagine Armstrong in this lol. Accepted.

Alright looks like this is starting to pick up traction. I’m looking at the IC starting this weekend then. Get ready everyone!
My old sig cringe

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Which day does this start?
Latest in news: The Grand Duke comments on the weather: ‘Tis very clammy
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Sikagoa wrote:Which day does this start?

Saturday or Sunday. Tomorrow I will wait for more players and to post my characters I will use to further the story.
My old sig cringe

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 pm

After making this character, I just realized that this might be taking place during WW2, but Kaori is Italian & Japanese. How ironic.

Name: Kaori Valentino
Minor or Major Character: Minor
Sanity: She had a boyfriend who listened to country music, so she can bear a lot of punishment. But in all seriousness, she's a huge Junji Ito & overall horror fan & can bear a fair amount. Her ranking would probably be fairly high.
Occupation: High-level cook (but not the head chef) at an Asian-themed restaurant
Appearance:

Current items on character: A box of chocolates she made herself. They taste pretty good.
Bio:
The child of a Japanese immigrant & an Italian immigrant, Kaori Valentino showed an interest in cooking from a young age, often combining a variety of foods across cultures to great effect. Such was her dedication to her craft that she would often wake up early just to prepare her lunch & breakfast for herself, although she only cooked anything she could make quickly. At school, she was a great source of envy among her classmates, who wanted her delicious meals, although she said that she simply did not have the time to prepare so many dishes for her friends. However, at the end of every year, she would sleep early & wake up early to prepare a delicious meal for her classmates & teachers.

Eventually, her talent as a cook was enough to attract the attention of an Asian-theme restaurant named "Bamboo Wok," the owners of which recruited her as a high-ranking cook there. As she manned the part of the kitchen where customers could see the food being prepared in front of them, she would often chat with them & soon found the occasional boyfriend here & there, one of which had a liking for country music, which she despised. A bit too much, but she found his other traits enough to outweigh his love. Eventually though, his penchant for constantly playing it drove her off.

After that nightmare of a person, Kaori decided to take a break, but her idea of a break was a bit of a strange one. She knew there were some nice hotels to stay in at Muskeg Point, Connecticut, but rather than stay in a lovely hotel, she decided to stay in the cheaper Harper Hotel to save money to go eat at the more luxurious buffets, additionally taking along a box of chocolates in case she needed something sweet in the night. It's best not to question her needless frugality or how people endure the lack of cleanliness when she goes out to eat. Probably has a gym membership.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:33 am

Shwe Tu Colony wrote:After making this character, I just realized that this might be taking place during WW2, but Kaori is Italian & Japanese. How ironic.

Name: Kaori Valentino
Sanity: She had a boyfriend who listened to country music, so she can bear a lot of punishment. But in all seriousness, she's a huge Junji Ito & overall horror fan & can bear a fair amount. Her ranking would probably be fairly high.
Occupation: High-level cook (but not the head chef) at an Asian-themed restaurant
Appearance:
Current items on character: A box of chocolates she made herself. They taste pretty good.
Bio:
The child of a Japanese immigrant & an Italian immigrant, Kaori Valentino showed an interest in cooking from a young age, often combining a variety of foods across cultures to great effect. Such was her dedication to her craft that she would often wake up early just to prepare her lunch & breakfast for herself, although she only cooked anything she could make quickly. At school, she was a great source of envy among her classmates, who wanted her delicious meals, although she said that she simply did not have the time to prepare so many dishes for her friends. However, at the end of every year, she would sleep early & wake up early to prepare a delicious meal for her classmates & teachers.

Eventually, her talent as a cook was enough to attract the attention of an Asian-theme restaurant named "Bamboo Wok," the owners of which recruited her as a high-ranking cook there. As she manned the part of the kitchen where customers could see the food being prepared in front of them, she would often chat with them & soon found the occasional boyfriend here & there, one of which had a liking for country music, which she despised. A bit too much, but she found his other traits enough to outweigh his love. Eventually though, his penchant for constantly playing it drove her off.

After that nightmare of a person, Kaori decided to take a break, but her idea of a break was a bit of a strange one. She knew there were some nice hotels to stay in at Muskeg Point, Connecticut, but rather than stay in a lovely hotel, she decided to stay in the cheaper Harper Hotel to save money to go eat at the more luxurious buffets, additionally taking along a box of chocolates in case she needed something sweet in the night. It's best not to question her needless frugality or how people endure the lack of cleanliness when she goes out to eat. Probably has a gym membership.

An unsual character just hope she doesn’t have the horns other then that accepted! Also this is on the verge of WW2 with Germany about to Invade Poland if you care to know.
My old sig cringe

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Morrow den wrote:
An unsual character just hope she doesn’t have the horns other then that accepted! Also this is on the verge of WW2 with Germany about to Invade Poland if you care to know.

Ye, just ignore the horns.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm

My characters that will help guide the story. (Yes I know the bios aren’t long but hey not major)

Name: John Mell
Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): John has lived a life with no problems. Seeing anything out of the ordinary would crack him instantly.
Appearance: He is a short man of only 5’5’. With a stomach that matches his life of wealth. John is balding and has little hair but wears a very expensive suit to try and compensate this loss. Along with this the man wears exotic rings from around the world.
Current items on character: Keys to all rooms, flashlight, $55 dollars in wallet, exotic rings.
Bio:Born into a wealthy family who owns many of the hotels around Muskeg he was the youngest of 5 siblings and as such was given the lowest hotel to run. John is infamously known around the city for his show off nature and narrow mindedness. With the only goal on his mind being able to earn more money. He is in the Harper most nights and even does patrols of the 4 floors to make sure the guest aren’t ruining his precious hotel.

Name: Mark Underoak
Sanity( How much could they stand seeing things not of this earth before losing it?): Very high.
Appearance: A young man of 5’11 he has brown hair along with bright brown eyes. He is wearing a dusty suit along with worn out pants.
Current items on character: A carry bag with strange rare books. Along with a change of clothes and knife
Bio: Mark is an intern at Roger Sherman University, a prestigious college north of Muskeg, studying Orinithology. His studies have brought him to the port to observe the cranes local to area. However, as his funds are drying up the young man has been forced to stay at the Harper Hotel until he can secure more money from the University.
My old sig cringe

Convaria
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Convaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Name: Wilhelm Shwartz
Minor or Major Character: Major?
Sanity: Probably not great, Wilhelm is a man of science and therefore believes that everything must have a plausible scientific explanation. Elder Gods and other alien and unknowable beings and sights would either not phase him due to sheer disbelief or make him go insane fairly quickly
Appearance: He's about 6 ft tall with short, well-kept, red hair and wears glasses over his piercing blue eyes. He's also built like a stick figure and isn't very strong, but despite his physical weakness, he's pretty smart.
Current Items: A pocket knife and a jar of ink, as well as a wallet with $4 and a picture of his home back in Germany
Bio: An immigrant from Germany, Wilhelm came to the USA to study 3 years prior, moving away from his friends and family in Berlin. Although he is happy with the direction the Fatherland is taking, rising like a phoenix from the ashes of defeat of WW1, he is happier to be in the US because European politics are heating up again, and from the war stories his father told him Wilhelm is certain he does not want to experience them firsthand. He is currently enrolled at Yale University and is studying physics, and he is excited with all the recent breakthroughs made by scientists in the past few years.

as for how he got to room 17 im not finished yet sorry, ill do it tomorrow morning as well as finish the bio
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

8-Values results: 61% Markets, 75% Nation, 73.5% Authority, 50.5% Progress

Political Compass: 2.73 Right, 3.97 Up

(This nation mostly reflects my political views)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse