NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [IC-Open!!!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed May 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Hylea

Something was talking to her. A human? No, it shouldn't be. Unless there were human devotees here? That would be odd, it would be so hard to keep them from fighting with each others. It had to be some kind of celestial creature being. But what could it be, to look this human? Hylea stood perfectly still for a moment, before cocking her head to the side in a appropriately bird like motion. It took her a moment to decide if this person was worth distracting her from her exploration of the grounds. Her wings twitched as she thought about just flying off to another spot to explore, or to just get off the ground. Deciding that she would stay, at leas a bit longer, Hylea finally processed what the woman had said.

"Roommates? Must we? I had intended to build a nest for myself." Hylea paused again for a moment, looking around, before pointing. "I think in that tree. I don't want to stay inside."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 03, 2018 5:21 am

“...A nest?...” Hamiri looked toward the tree to which Hylea pointed, and after a moment she nodded. Given her huge wings, walking around a dorm room, no matter how big that room was, could be a bit of a hassle. They were big enough to knock a person down without warning, and being in a crammed space meant she could possibly make a rather large mess. Hamiri also guessed that the girl was some sort of nature deity.

“...Hm...That’s fine, but you could stay in a tree right by our dorm. That way I could just walk outside and say ‘hi’ every morning. You know, it’s not a bad thing to have a couple friends.” She felt like a sap, but she had to set a good example to Patriah on how to socialize properly. Maybe she could teach him how to make friends by first doing so herself. Then again, he seemed that he had already made a couple of friends. Maybe I’m the one who needs better social skills for once... she thought.

After a moment of pondering Hylea’s appearance, she then questioned, “So then, are you a Wind deity? Sky? Nature? My name is Hamiri Yu. I’m a Mage Servant, meaning I am something like an apprentice to a Mage concerning Magic. I use shadows. I’m going to guess you’re not a Mage, or a Mage Servant, unless you and that other kid with the black wings are related.”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

United Per And Montands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United Per And Montands » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

Luminesa wrote:
United Per And Montands wrote:

"Wonderful!" she lit up with happiness "Next time I make it, I'll run it by your office." she thought his comment on making humans less, human frowning slightly. "You're right, I probably shouldn't try to play god, there's enough of those here... it's just, being immune to chemicals takes a lot of stress out of life. But I guess most people don't live around chemicals anyway. I'll definitely keep that advice in mind going forward" switching gears, she tapped her foot and quickly went through a few more pages in the file "Something else now... hm, Oh! Perfect! This might be a lengthy one, but I've always wanted to know it. What pushed you to explore magic to such a degree?"

"Hm? What pushed me to explore magic?...Well! That's a rather loaded question! What is at the core of everything this old sage does?..." His old eyes glittered as memories came back to him, like pictures popping out of a long and colorful storybook. "...You will learn as you grow older that you will want to do things that everyone else might believe to be illogical, such as spending your life learning magic. Most people looked at me and told me, 'Merlin, life is short and there are barbarians and you're going to die at some time! Why not do something more meaningful with your life?' You know, the way people talk about kids who study the arts these days. So why did I choose to learn magic, during the turmoil and the stresses of the demon's roulette known as the Dark Ages?...Originally, I indeed found it simply a fun and interesting way to pass through a life I saw as too short and meaningless. But then, well...someone brought meaning to my life, and you know how that song-and-dance goes!"

He was of course being rather vague as to who this 'someone' might be, and how they caused him to change his opinion about magic. Yet he did want to give the girl some sort of answer. Just leaving her hanging would have been more than disappointing to her, given her massive admiration for him, and her long list of excited questions. At the same time, he did have to put-up a professional barrier of sorts, not to mention the life of Merlin was not exactly a clean, straightforward story. A magician only gains his wisdom through a lifetime of mistakes, after all. "...I am sure you probably wanted more, but perhaps you can visit me in my office at some time, and we can discuss that question more in-depth. And be sure to bring that Carolina Reaper curry when you do! I shall in turn bring some chips, and make some chocolate tarts for dessert! I can make deserts too, after all, and I promise they're not deadly," he added, with a chuckle.

"I indeed to take you up on that offer, but for the time being it's fine," she smiled hearing Zeus speech in the background. Realizing she sadly had to wrap up this conversation at some point "I look forward to your nondeadly desserts, and it's been incredible actually to meet you. Thanks for being this nice to an inquisitive girl such as me. Anyway, I need to go find an actual roommate" she turned around to the crowd, there were a few people earlier that seemed interested in rooming with her, but trying to find them in this crowd was wasted time. If she found a table, she could at the very least write down her new findings in her notebook while scanning the room for them, and if they were interested in rooming with her, she was sure they would come to her. "Have a good day Merlin; I'll see you soon" quickly picking up her folder, she hurried off into the crowd ducking out of the way and sitting at the closest empty table to the crowd. Putting up her feet and leaning back onto the table she grabbed out a different chemical-soaked notebook, whipping off the chemicals and opening up to the dryest page. Scribbling down notes on things Merlin had told her, and what happened with the most recent mixture while still keeping note of the crowd.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Hylea

Something was talking to her. A human? No, it shouldn't be. Unless there were human devotees here? That would be odd, it would be so hard to keep them from fighting with each others. It had to be some kind of celestial creature being. But what could it be, to look this human? Hylea stood perfectly still for a moment, before cocking her head to the side in a appropriately bird like motion. It took her a moment to decide if this person was worth distracting her from her exploration of the grounds. Her wings twitched as she thought about just flying off to another spot to explore, or to just get off the ground. Deciding that she would stay, at leas a bit longer, Hylea finally processed what the woman had said.

"Roommates? Must we? I had intended to build a nest for myself." Hylea paused again for a moment, looking around, before pointing. "I think in that tree. I don't want to stay inside."
The boy she'd been talking to had drawn back into himself, and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't get any more out of him. That was... frustrating.

However, a rather striking girl caught her eye, two of them in fact--both of them with rather lovely wings, she noticed, and almost wanted to spread her own in order to show off. She kept them folded against her back, though, simply watching as the dark-haired girl with the rather odd outfit stumbled by and to the other, eyes wide.

"Nest?!" she heard, and was immediately interested. "Did you say 'nest'? Kara can help! I want a nest too!"

So her name was Kara, then. As for the other one... hmm. She moved closer to the conversation, her own eyes gleaming with interest. "I'm not going to lie, that idea sounds pretty good to me, too. I'll help, if we can make it so there's enough room for all of us."

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu May 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Charlia wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:-snip-

Luminesa wrote:-Snap-

Chrome Legion wrote:-Snorp-

Dru'tawus
Halls of Holy High

"May I suggest we pool our collective talents, after getting permission, first." th' Azure One interrupted "Together we are sure to make this room grow, and plant an accomidation appropriate for all of our needs. After all, 'birds working in hand won't be bushed'!"
Almost got it there, lad. Almost.
"But first, let us together, exeunt, and find ourselves a fickle faculty in this facility. We may have terrier'd far too away from the rest of the students. 'Too many heads is better than none, as it is said'..."
Ya figure he ain't figuring out quite how figures of speech works? I'm gettin' that vibe as well...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu May 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Hylea

"I have lots of friends. There's so many more birds here than in the cities. Eora had more though... Less people there."

Hylea stop her thought there, letting her fiercely blue eyes meet the new comers.

"Would Kara help? I don't know Kara though. If you see her tell to come to..." Hylea paused again scanning the tree line, giving another chance to find a better tree. Again she pointed at the same tree. A large old man, sheltering younger growth under it, and conveniently at the point where the forest came closest to the dorm building. "That one." Hylea puckered her lips for a second, realizing that she hadn't given the other new comer a chance to speak about the choice. She wasn't really used to sharing her decisions with others. Rarely did the other gods of Eora interfere with her actions. Well, maybe Rymrgand. Though, that was kind of his job. "If you don't see a better one? Do you like my choice?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 03, 2018 7:52 pm

"I have lots of friends. There's so many more birds here than in the cities. Eora had more though... Less people there."

Hylea stop her thought there, letting her fiercely blue eyes meet the new comers.

"Would Kara help? I don't know Kara though. If you see her tell to come to..." Hylea paused again scanning the tree line, giving another chance to find a better tree. Again she pointed at the same tree. A large old man, sheltering younger growth under it, and conveniently at the point where the forest came closest to the dorm building. "That one." Hylea puckered her lips for a second, realizing that she hadn't given the other new comer a chance to speak about the choice. She wasn't really used to sharing her decisions with others. Rarely did the other gods of Eora interfere with her actions. Well, maybe Rymrgand. Though, that was kind of his job. "If you don't see a better one? Do you like my choice?"
"No, no," and Kara shook her head in slight frustration. "I'm Kara. Kara's me. And I'll help! I can... burn things, I guess. And carry things. I can carry things. That's what I can do. And put things together. And... be helpful. If you tell me what to do and I don't forget. I forget things sometimes. 'Cause I'm a birdbrain. I can still be helpful though! 'Cause I want a nest. And that tree's big and I like it. I want to sleep in it. And sleep in, I want to sleep in. And play games, 'cause friends do that. Can we play games? I know lots of games. Can we play some?"

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Hylea

Hylea had to admit, she was a bit caught off guard. Rarely did her or her priestess's duties extend to the point when children could talk for their selves. Her job was usually done with in a few days at most of the child's birth. Not to mention the lack of children in her dealings with the other Gods of Eora. She really just didn't know how to deal with the thing.

"Well, we would have to craft the tree into a suitable place for living before we could play there. I don't think fire would help with that. Besides, you should probably spend more time with your mother than with us in our nest."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Charlia wrote:

The boy she'd been talking to had drawn back into himself, and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't get any more out of him. That was... frustrating.

However, a rather striking girl caught her eye, two of them in fact--both of them with rather lovely wings, she noticed, and almost wanted to spread her own in order to show off. She kept them folded against her back, though, simply watching as the dark-haired girl with the rather odd outfit stumbled by and to the other, eyes wide.

"Nest?!" she heard, and was immediately interested. "Did you say 'nest'? Kara can help! I want a nest too!"

So her name was Kara, then. As for the other one... hmm. She moved closer to the conversation, her own eyes gleaming with interest. "I'm not going to lie, that idea sounds pretty good to me, too. I'll help, if we can make it so there's enough room for all of us."

“...Ah...excuse me?...” Hamiri had been trying to speak to Hamiri, when another girl had run over and had interrupted her conversation with Hylea. She peered over the smaller girl’s shoulder, and shifted her eyes toward her. “We were...ahhh...in the middle of talking. But if you do want help...building something, I could possibly help...” she suggested.

Yet, Kara seemed to overwhelm the conversation, with her childlike excitement and volume. Hamiri could not blame her, but she was still waiting for a chance to speak to the new girl. She did not even know her name yet. Then Dru joined the conversation, trying to also offer help making the birdhouse. Realizing she was not going to get a full conversation with Hylea, she shrugged. “I’ll help however I can. I can chop wood and make a firm nest, I can knock down branches, I can fly to a good height...I can do a fair bit. But it all depends on what you want to do,” she suggested.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat May 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Hylea had to admit, she was a bit caught off guard. Rarely did her or her priestess's duties extend to the point when children could talk for their selves. Her job was usually done with in a few days at most of the child's birth. Not to mention the lack of children in her dealings with the other Gods of Eora. She really just didn't know how to deal with the thing.

"Well, we would have to craft the tree into a suitable place for living before we could play there. I don't think fire would help with that. Besides, you should probably spend more time with your mother than with us in our nest."
"...I don't have a mother," Kara said blankly. "I don't think. Maybe? I mean, I guess I do, but I don't remember her. Not her. Just my sisters." Her eyes dulled, and she blinked owlishly, clasping her hands behind her back. "We lived in a tree together. Haven't lived in a tree in a while. Is that a mulberry tree? We like--we liked mulberry trees best. I don't want to be in a mulberry tree anymore."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Hylea

Hylea returned icy glare to the latest person to join the conversation. "You can chop, cut, or knock down nothing. It should be made of gathered sticks and such, or we could shape the still living wood to our needs. Blades aren't needed here. If I wanted to live in something manufactured like that I would just live in the dorms, wouldn't I?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Hylea returned icy glare to the latest person to join the conversation. "You can chop, cut, or knock down nothing. It should be made of gathered sticks and such, or we could shape the still living wood to our needs. Blades aren't needed here. If I wanted to live in something manufactured like that I would just live in the dorms, wouldn't I?"

Dru'tawus
Halls of Holy High

"All the more reason to get a staff-member to approve this, like Myrline. That old wizard is sure to know a few spellings for the bees and birds...for those of us more nature inclined." the man placed a hand on his chin. "But perhaps, may I inquire if you are able to change your form into that of a bird? And are comfortable with it. That way, those of us who prefer dorms may reside there, you may have your nest. While I would prefer us having a housed tree, getting said tree planted into the grounds is beginning to be the root of our problems."
...Ya mind talkin' in english? Or rather, use less words? I'm not quite sure whether ta' make heads or tails o' what just came out of yer mouth...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat May 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Hylea

"I was not aware that my desire for a living space that is most comfortable to me required for the dorms to be demolished and you to be herded into my preferred living space. If you want to cut and chop away for your own residence, feel free. I will simply not be joining you."

Hylea ignored the other part of the man's question, feeling somewhat slighted that he would want her, or imply that she should change forms. She was Hylea, as Hylea was, is, and shall be. Her form was perfection for her, and she wouldn't change it.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Sun May 06, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun May 06, 2018 8:08 am

Necra

Well, it seemed like Charlotte had calmed down somewhat, probably because the registered spirit sex offender was now firmly trapped in an orb, with no noise coming out. Granted, Necra was now having a copious amount of red color being imprinted on her mind, but she could deal with that. If they were to be roommates, then Necra would have to make things comfortable and bearable to live for both of them. It was the least she could do.

The halls seemed to go on forever, twisting and turning upon themselves, but eventually, the sextuplet of spirits and godly beings soon found their way to the dorm buildings. And what a building! It looked like a great, Greek temple...surprise, surprise. But that didn't stop it from being so grandiose and magnificent, all marble and tile and gilt, and...wow. Necra found herself staring at the massive white marble building, looking as if she was in shock. Cliff and Sofia were also entranced by the building, both babbling incessantly about the wonder of it all.

Snapping out of her trance with an embarrassed little cough, she blushed slightly as she turned to Charlotte and Mara, who were probably wondering what the hell had just happened. Necra couldn't help it, she liked staring at buildings and architecture and stuff.

Walking inside was just more surprises one after the other. After passing through the huge columns, the grandiose interior was revealed, all money, all wealth. The rooms were surprisingly modern for the ancient, Greek temple, but they still looked nice, comfortable, a great place to live. Better than any boarding school on this planet, that was for sure.

The actual bedrooms were a little ways inside, nestled off to one side. Three large, expansive beds with clean, white sheets and fluffy pillows. There was a large wooden desk to the side, a few lamps, three matching nightstands and a massive, walk-in closet. This was even better than she had been expecting. It made sense, considering Zeus' wealth and flashiness, but...wow. If anyone was to walk in now, they would see Necra simply staring at the room, the walls, the ceiling in wonder, imagination running wild.
yea bro idk

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 am

Segral wrote:Necra

Well, it seemed like Charlotte had calmed down somewhat, probably because the registered spirit sex offender was now firmly trapped in an orb, with no noise coming out. Granted, Necra was now having a copious amount of red color being imprinted on her mind, but she could deal with that. If they were to be roommates, then Necra would have to make things comfortable and bearable to live for both of them. It was the least she could do.

The halls seemed to go on forever, twisting and turning upon themselves, but eventually, the sextuplet of spirits and godly beings soon found their way to the dorm buildings. And what a building! It looked like a great, Greek temple...surprise, surprise. But that didn't stop it from being so grandiose and magnificent, all marble and tile and gilt, and...wow. Necra found herself staring at the massive white marble building, looking as if she was in shock. Cliff and Sofia were also entranced by the building, both babbling incessantly about the wonder of it all.

Snapping out of her trance with an embarrassed little cough, she blushed slightly as she turned to Charlotte and Mara, who were probably wondering what the hell had just happened. Necra couldn't help it, she liked staring at buildings and architecture and stuff.

Walking inside was just more surprises one after the other. After passing through the huge columns, the grandiose interior was revealed, all money, all wealth. The rooms were surprisingly modern for the ancient, Greek temple, but they still looked nice, comfortable, a great place to live. Better than any boarding school on this planet, that was for sure.

The actual bedrooms were a little ways inside, nestled off to one side. Three large, expansive beds with clean, white sheets and fluffy pillows. There was a large wooden desk to the side, a few lamps, three matching nightstands and a massive, walk-in closet. This was even better than she had been expecting. It made sense, considering Zeus' wealth and flashiness, but...wow. If anyone was to walk in now, they would see Necra simply staring at the room, the walls, the ceiling in wonder, imagination running wild.
Necra and her spirits weren't the only ones looking around in awe. Mara's eyes looked like they might pop out of her head. "It's so big," she exclaimed. "Mommy, look, everything's so big! Look!"

"I'm looking," Charlotte replied with a soft smile, clearly enjoying her child's excitement. "It's definitely impressive." She hadn't seen anywhere as opulent as this in... a long time. How long had it been? It felt like entire lifetimes, but she knew it hadn't been nearly so long. It couldn't have. Once again, her daughter was what kept her grounded in reality--Mara was still so young, so it couldn't have been that long, no matter how it felt.

"Never seen anything so big," Mara continued happily. "Do we really get to live here?" She was definitely having a good day. She'd made her first friends, she got a big room, and best of all, her mother was there with her, and everything was going to be better, she'd promised that.

Absentmindedly, she reached up and touched her face, wincing a bit as she remembered why they'd left in the first place. But that wasn't going to happen ever again, her mother had promised, and since they'd left there was no way it would, right? Most people were nice. Her new friends were nice. They weren't like him. Because he was a demon, her mother had explained, and demons were bad. So, she just wouldn't make friends with any demons.

"That's right," her mother responded, smiling at her, and she beamed. This would be a fun place to live.

Yes, things were going to be lots better now.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun May 06, 2018 2:22 pm

"I was not aware that my desire for a living space that is most comfortable to me required for the dorms to be demolished and you to be herded into my preferred living space. If you want to cut and chop away for your own residence, feel free. I will simply not be joining you."

Hylea ignored the other part of the man's question, feeling somewhat slighted that he would want her, or imply that she should change forms. She was Hylea, as Hylea was, is, and shall be. Her form was perfection for her, and she wouldn't change it.

Even Hamiri was a little confused by Dru’s odd diction, but she merely shook her head and tried to concentrate on the conversation. “Right. So you don’t want us to cut down any trees. Or to knock down any branches. That’s fine, we can do something else,” she answered Hylea, “and well...considering you don’t want a treehouse either, if...Dru is suggesting we build a treehouse...I can stay out here and help you gather foliage for your nest. After we pick the tree, of course...” Once again, she had a hard time getting a word in edgewise with Kara hopping up and down, and trying to talk about what sorts of trees they could use, but she hopped Hylea would not be offended by the offer. She seemed like a nice enough girl, after all.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun May 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Hylea

"As long as it's open enough to the sky, to my domain, I don't mind a tree house. I simply don't want to involve any destruction in the creation of my home. If others wish to live with me, to contribute to the residence, I don't mind in the least. Those are the conditions for me to feel comfortable in a place. I welcome your help in gathering branches and such for the abode."

Hylea looked at the others for a second, letting her gaze linger longest on Kara, before a twinkle caught her eyes and a smile pulled her lips.

"I have an idea, we could make a game out of gathering for the house. It will make work play. Do you have any ideas for how we could score such a thing?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm

"As long as it's open enough to the sky, to my domain, I don't mind a tree house. I simply don't want to involve any destruction in the creation of my home. If others wish to live with me, to contribute to the residence, I don't mind in the least. Those are the conditions for me to feel comfortable in a place. I welcome your help in gathering branches and such for the abode."

Hylea looked at the others for a second, letting her gaze linger longest on Kara, before a twinkle caught her eyes and a smile pulled her lips.

"I have an idea, we could make a game out of gathering for the house. It will make work play. Do you have any ideas for how we could score such a thing?"
"Ooh!" Kara's eyes lit up, and she beamed. "Whoever gets the best branches wins! Like, big branches get points, and sturdy branches get points, and whoever gets the most points gets to be--"

She froze, and corrected herself slowly. "Maybe they get to pick their spot in the tree house first? I don't know about prizes. When I played games with my sisters, the person who won got to be the sun the next day, but, I mean, you guys can't be the sun, and it's not my job anymore, so that'd be a silly prize, right?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 07, 2018 10:49 am

Charlia wrote:

"Ooh!" Kara's eyes lit up, and she beamed. "Whoever gets the best branches wins! Like, big branches get points, and sturdy branches get points, and whoever gets the most points gets to be--"

She froze, and corrected herself slowly. "Maybe they get to pick their spot in the tree house first? I don't know about prizes. When I played games with my sisters, the person who won got to be the sun the next day, but, I mean, you guys can't be the sun, and it's not my job anymore, so that'd be a silly prize, right?"

Hamiri did not play a lot of games, but given this was the first day of school, and everyone was trying to relax into the evening, she decided to go along with said game. “How about this? Whoever gets the most branches wins. They can be any size, but they have to gather them and then put them in a pile under this tree. Whoever has the biggest pile wins. And no moving branches from someone else’s pile into yours, because that’s cheating. The winner gets...hmmmm...”

She thought for a moment, not sure of what prize they should receive for their efforts. “Hmmmmm...Ah! The winner gets to pick the tree, the loser has to help you put together the nest. Seems fair and competitive, and either way, we can have fun. How is that?” She was not sure whether or not such a suggestion would annoy Hylea, but she was willing to take a chance.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

Raphael had disappeared very suddenly, as Xavier had been talking to him. Of course, he could not help such a situation. Sometimes God called back His angels for no particular reason he could tell. However, whatever was the reason, Raphael was needed elsewhere. Maybe he would come back, maybe he would not. Either way, he wanted to try and get a roommate as quickly as possible. “...Huh...Well, this is going to be interesting...” he mumbled. Thus he began to wander the huge, beautiful campus.

As he walked, he saw several of the dorm-buildings in all their beautiful Greek majesty, the lush fields of grass that surrounded them, the huge, crystalline river in a corner of the rocky campus, and then right behind it was a huge, running waterfall. Near that waterfall was another student, standing alone and staring upward. He seemed to be lost, or at the very least frustrated about something in his head.

Curious, Xavier approached the student cheerfully. “Hello! My name is Xavier! I’m one of your classmates. Do you have a roommate?” As he stood by the waterfall, he had to speak-up against the roar of the gallons of water falling nearby. “Mine disappeared, so I have no roommates! Do you wanna share a dorm together?” he questioned.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Valtra

His thoughts of regret and, to an extent, indignance, were snapped with the arrival of Xavier, who introduced himself in quick fashion before inquiring as to whether or not he had a roommate. And, after mulling it over for a moment, he shrugged, replying in kind, "Yes, that would be agreeable." The fire god walked towards Xavier, close enough that he didn't have to raise his voice in order to overcome the cascades at his back, "I am Valtra, god of fire."

He looked back towards the waterfall one last time, and decided to put away the thoughts he'd held for later, not wanting to appear weak before one of his classmates. "Shall we see to our dorm, then?"
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Halazy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Halazy » Mon May 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Rosenhall wrote:"Maybe I'll be forced to room with an angel" the thought echoed in Orozisej's mind for a few seconds, and he shuttered in disgust at the thought. Suddenly the Djinn realized that something was off. People were flooding out of the auditorium in groups, how long was I stuck in thought? Orozisej asked himself. The familiar feeling of anxiety began to climb into his throat and Orozisej desperately began trying to find Athis and Tenez, he wouldn't allow himself to be stuck with an angel. Suddenly, the star Orozisej who he was searching for appeared in-front of him inquiring about his well being. He jumped a foot in the air at the sudden sound and managed to sputter out a response. "Y-yes, I'm fine, I would very much like to find Athis and take a long nap in my room."

Tenez nodded, scanning the crowd. "Yeah, good idea. Come on, she's probably still talking to Merlin," she said, leading the oddly nervous jinn through the mass of gods. Was that it? Did he not like crowds? Being stuck in a bottle for centuries might hurt your social skills... or would it keep them safe? She wished she knew more than two things about jinn.

Athis was nowhere to be found. Apparently she'd finished her conversation and gone somewhere else, forcing Tenez to actually look. Where the hell... Oh, there she was, just kinda sitting. The star brought her bluish friend to her corrosive friend, making an effort not to take him through the more congested areas of the hall. She waved the girl over. "Hey Athis, come meet my roommates, Lailah and Aether. They're right over there. Oh, and uh, do you have any yet? I don't think Oro does." Tenez looked to him for confirmation.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue May 08, 2018 6:45 am

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:Isaac looked over to Patriah as he called to him. They were indeed fast, but nowhere near something that he couldn't keep up with. I guess that I'll get to flaunt myself a little bit here. Hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock for them.

He yelled back to Patriah. "I'll be over in just a sec!" He got up as he spoke and, hardly appearing to move, disappeared from his spot at the table and appeared by Patriah. It was like he had teleported silently. "So where did Hermes go? I assume he's already picked out his favorite bed."

“And now somehow YOU’RE faster than me as well?! AUGH.” Patriah did not like losing in a competition, and losing twice over now in less than five minutes aggravated him. “Fine. A deal’s a deal Hermes. I’ll clean your room for a month! As for you, Isaac, don’t add too much to his messes. If you got any leftover food, don’t throw it on the floor and have me pick it up like a vaccuum,” he grumbled. He then walked inside his dorm and looked around.

All of the dorm-rooms were brilliant and elegant, decorated in slight variations of pastel pinks, lavenders, greens, and blues. The floors were marble, as were the ceilings and the pillars that surrounded the rooms. They had every ammenity a student, godly or not, could want-a fridge, a flat-screen TV, a huge bathroom, a large selection of gaming consoles, Wi-Fi, enormous closets, and an amazing view right outside on the patio.

But Patriah was not interested in home-decorating. As soon as he walked inside, he dropped his small bag of supplies, his sword included, and he folded his wings. He then collapsed on one of the three large, fluffy beds in the room, and did not even put the blanket over him. He then fell asleep, and snored as loudly an eruption from Mount Vesuvius.

This magus is quite interesting. I think I'll talk my time when I get to him. As for the others, some of them seem less appealing.

Isaac was surprised by the magus frustration which, while he could understand it, he couldn't quite understand why he felt it considering he had participated in the competition. "I apologize if I offended you in some way, but I thought we were seriously competing for something." He listened to Patriah's woes and mercies before the magus left and went into the dorm.

It was quite fanciful. That was just a simple way to describe it. If anything, it was almost too extravagant. Giving this kind of treatment to me is a little ironic. It makes me excited for what has yet to come... Isaac himself was not tired, so he decided to sit down and meditate.

United Per And Montands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United Per And Montands » Tue May 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Halazy wrote:
Rosenhall wrote:"Maybe I'll be forced to room with an angel" the thought echoed in Orozisej's mind for a few seconds, and he shuttered in disgust at the thought. Suddenly the Djinn realized that something was off. People were flooding out of the auditorium in groups, how long was I stuck in thought? Orozisej asked himself. The familiar feeling of anxiety began to climb into his throat and Orozisej desperately began trying to find Athis and Tenez, he wouldn't allow himself to be stuck with an angel. Suddenly, the star Orozisej who he was searching for appeared in-front of him inquiring about his well being. He jumped a foot in the air at the sudden sound and managed to sputter out a response. "Y-yes, I'm fine, I would very much like to find Athis and take a long nap in my room."

Tenez nodded, scanning the crowd. "Yeah, good idea. Come on, she's probably still talking to Merlin," she said, leading the oddly nervous jinn through the mass of gods. Was that it? Did he not like crowds? Being stuck in a bottle for centuries might hurt your social skills... or would it keep them safe? She wished she knew more than two things about jinn.

Athis was nowhere to be found. Apparently she'd finished her conversation and gone somewhere else, forcing Tenez to actually look. Where the hell... Oh, there she was, just kinda sitting. The star brought her bluish friend to her corrosive friend, making an effort not to take him through the more congested areas of the hall. She waved the girl over. "Hey Athis, come meet my roommates, Lailah and Aether. They're right over there. Oh, and uh, do you have any yet? I don't think Oro does." Tenez looked to him for confirmation.

Just as she thought, one of the few people she met came to ask her about room situation "I don't, I was hoping to run into you two again, but if you already have a roommate then I'll gladly room with Oro if he doesn't already have one." She looked over, not sure who they were in the crowd of people but she still wanted to seem polite "Oh those two, I haven't met them, but I think I saw you talking to them earlier. Meeting more of my classmates is essential to getting acclimated into this off situation..." then in a slightly whispered, and quickened voice "Plus, if you didn't remind me I probably never would have"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 pm

THE NEXT DAY

Being part of a domain of deities and spirits was difficult. Sometimes, very dramatic things happened in their worlds. Gods and goddesses might squabble over someone’s lover, someone might be turned into a cow or a flower, and humans occasionally got involved in some deity’s business as well. Sometimes those humans might be granted favors, other times they might be handed to the vultures to have their livers torn-out by eagles. For most of the time, however, the deities spent their time making sure that their worlds hung in the correct balance, and while that was a serious job, it was not always as fun as watching the soap opera unfold between Hera and Zeus. Of course, being a deity and asking for drama can sometimes lead to even worse problems...

For now, however, the students of Holy High began their first day of school on earth. Schooling like a human might have been almost foreign to most of the gods and goddesses, though for some of the lesser beings-the angels, the demigods, and the Mages-schooling might have been just another boring day. Such was definitely the case for Patriah, who awakened ten minutes before class and only threw on his scarf and a pair of jeans before he ran out the door to his first class.

Given most of the students attended the same classes and had the same schedules, at least for now, everyone was meeting for their first class with Osiris. A couple of students had already seen the Egyptian god of the undead, but some had only listened from afar. As the students entered his large classroom in the auditorium (which had been fortunately cleaned quickly enough for him to hold classes), he eyed them with the seriousness and focus of a hawk. As students piled in, they would find a paper upside-down on their desks. On that paper was a single question, one that Osiris had chosen carefully.

“Welcome to your first history class of the year. As you know, I am your teacher, Osiris. Which you may call me, or Professor Osiris. You may not call me, as your principal likes to say on occasion, ‘Chop Suey’. I am here to teach you to be gods and goddesses who understand your place in your domains, as well as your origins and your futures. Each day for class I shall give you a single question to begin class. These will not have a right or wrong answer. However, they are a reminder that you will be challenged to think deeply about yourself and about your worlds in my class. Turn your papers over when you are ready, and when you are finished writing, you will put your pencils down and I will collect your work. Then I will discuss the rest of my requirements.” Indeed, when the students turned over their papers, they would see a single question:

Why are you here? Here, in this moment, in this school, why are you here?
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse