NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:05 am

Frisct the II wrote:I still need a roommate or two for Gwinn and Frisct ;-;

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Plz...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:25 am

Auphelia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Uhhhhhhhh you’d probably get expelled at the very least.

Janitor? Hmmmmm...

I’ll have to think about it.

But what if it was, like, an "accident" . . . ;)

And I would like to reccomend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloacina

Due to Zeus' racist hiring policies, she will probably get the job, right?

This could work.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Well, Bubbles had a run in with Osiris.

More of a fall-in, actually.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Auphelia wrote:Well, Bubbles had a run in with Osiris.

More of a fall-in, actually.

Bubbles is too adorable, I can't even handle her right now.

Osiris right now:
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm trying so hard to be annoyed with Bubbles right now.

But I can't.
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Segral wrote:I'm trying so hard to be annoyed with Bubbles right now.

But I can't.

She's too cute to be annoying. XD
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Given the crud Osiris has been through in his mythology, he’s got patience to spare.
-Alan Jackson

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Luminesa wrote:Given the crud Osiris has been through in his mythology, he’s got patience to spare.

He's going to need a lot more, especially with the new nicknames he's picked up.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Given the crud Osiris has been through in his mythology, he’s got patience to spare.

He's going to need a lot more, especially with the new nicknames he's picked up.

Response:
-Alan Jackson

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:Response:

He'll learn to love her.

And thanks for giving her to opportunity to chase her own tail.

SC #307

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Bubbles is now best girl. And Dru just lurks in the background.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

So, Segral, how exactly do Necra's spirit friends work?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Response:

He'll learn to love her.

And thanks for giving her to opportunity to chase her own tail.

It’s not that he dislikes her, his default expression toward everyone is basically just a blank stare.
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Charlia wrote:So, Segral, how exactly do Necra's spirit friends work?

Basically, here's how it works.

Necra draws from the "spirit plane", or the world of spirits. By tapping into this "plane", she can summon spirits of deceased animate objects. These can be plants or animals, but the most cognitive and corporeal forms, the aforementioned Sofia, Michael and Cliff you see in Necra's posts so far, are human spirits. Necra can summon spirits to her side to either communicate with or to possess stuff to fight with.
yea bro idk

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Segral wrote:

Necra draws from the "spirit plane", or the world of spirits. By tapping into this "plane", she can summon spirits of deceased animate objects. These can be plants or animals, but the most cognitive and corporeal forms, the aforementioned Sofia, Michael and Cliff you see in Necra's posts so far, are human spirits. Necra can summon spirits to her side to either communicate with or to possess stuff to fight with.

Perhaps something interesting would happen if she meets Marie while she's in her 'ghost' form. She might think one of them was trying to escape her control or something.

On a different note, I kind of wish I had written more in her app. I didn't really go into a lot of detail about her life before this RP other than it being depressing.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Segral wrote:

I suppose a better question would be how they work in relation to other people.

And a bit more on those three's personalities would be nice, too. Since we have roommate stuff happening...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 pm

You have gained 1 (one) boop from Dru'Tawus.
Obligatory Quotes below

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 pm

When are you going to re-open?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Danceria wrote:You have gained 1 (one) boop from Dru'Tawus.

*steals the boop and scampers off to her hidey-hole*

*places it with her other treasures*

SC #307

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Charlia wrote:

And a bit more on those three's personalities would be nice, too. Since we have roommate stuff happening...

Glad you asked! Lets me inflate my own ego more. :p

The spirits can't actually communicate with anyone. Unless, the coumminicator can speak with spirits or has control over the realms of death, necromancy, etc. For example, Osiris could easily speak with the ghosts, but someone like Xavier would hear nothing but jargon.

And the three spirits aren't permanent. Necra just shuffles and brings up new spirits every few days or so, or when she gets bored. Since so many people are dead, she has a good supply of them at her disposal. The three Necra currently has will stick around for a few days or so, but soon they'll be cycled out, and might pop back in occasionally. For now, here's a brief description on the three current one's personalities.

Michael: Kind of creepy and quiet, often stares very dementedly at people, particularly women. Is kinda chilled and laidback, mostly just there to calm the other two down.

Sofia: She's extremely flirtatious, often commenting on men's looks and making suggestive comments about them. Also very prideful of her looks and has a very high opinion of herself.

Cliff: My personal favorite. Kind of gruff, rough and tough, very old-fashioned and simple spirit, and has a bit of a temper. Although he's really a bowl of mush on the inside.
yea bro idk

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Danceria wrote:You have gained 1 (one) boop from Dru'Tawus.

*steals the boop and scampers off to her hidey-hole*

*places it with her other treasures*

She's a hobbit? Noice.
Segral wrote:
Charlia wrote:

Glad you asked! Lets me inflate my own ego more. :p

The spirits can't actually communicate with anyone. Unless, the coumminicator can speak with spirits or has control over the realms of death, necromancy, etc. For example, Osiris could easily speak with the ghosts, but someone like Xavier would hear nothing but jargon.

And the three spirits aren't permanent. Necra just shuffles and brings up new spirits every few days or so, or when she gets bored. Since so many people are dead, she has a good supply of them at her disposal. The three Necra currently has will stick around for a few days or so, but soon they'll be cycled out, and might pop back in occasionally. For now, here's a brief description on the three current one's personalities.

Michael: Kind of creepy and quiet, often stares very dementedly at people, particularly women. Is kinda chilled and laidback, mostly just there to calm the other two down.

Sofia: She's extremely flirtatious, often commenting on men's looks and making suggestive comments about them. Also very prideful of her looks and has a very high opinion of herself.

Cliff: My personal favorite. Kind of gruff, rough and tough, very old-fashioned and simple spirit, and has a bit of a temper. Although he's really a bowl of mush on the inside.

So only Spirit-talkers, and death gods can communicate with spirits? Or could any old god if they invoke them or say "Wassup"?
Obligatory Quotes below

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Danceria wrote:So only Spirit-talkers, and death gods can communicate with spirits? Or could any old god if they invoke them or say "Wassup"?

Powerful gods like Zeus would be able to decipher their speech better than a demigod or mortal, but their communication would be limited to mostly impressions and small snapshots.
yea bro idk

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Segral wrote:
Danceria wrote:So only Spirit-talkers, and death gods can communicate with spirits? Or could any old god if they invoke them or say "Wassup"?

Powerful gods like Zeus would be able to decipher their speech better than a demigod or mortal, but their communication would be limited to mostly impressions and small snapshots.

Question: What about
Lovecraftian mad shitheads like
Dru'tawus?
Obligatory Quotes below

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Danceria wrote:

Question: What about
Lovecraftian mad shitheads like
Dru'tawus?

I have a feeling no, as his domain is pretty far removed from spirits, but the spirits would still feel his friendly aura.
Last edited by Segral on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse