NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Halazy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Halazy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:How many death deities do we have in this RP? One of my own is actually secretly a death deity, but I think we have a few too many. Let’s try to brainstorm other domains over which characters can rule, even though death is definitely an interesting domain. If not, please at the very least don’t make your character Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sea, sky, any specific landmark, fertility, life in general, creation, destruction, any element... pretty much just pick a noun and you can have a god of it.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Luminesa wrote:How many death deities do we have in this RP? One of my own is actually secretly a death deity, but I think we have a few too many. Let’s try to brainstorm other domains over which characters can rule, even though death is definitely an interesting domain. If not, please at the very least don’t make your character Shadow the Hedgehog.

Lightning, storms, water's always fun and leaves a ton of room for creativity, you coulg go with a sort of spin off on death like Mourir, who was god of endings, joy, war, cold, conquest, honestly, the possibilities are endless. Any concept and it'll work.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:44 pm

These are good! We have plenty to work with! Now to check some apps.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Frisct the II wrote:The App

Name: Gwinn, The King

Mythos: The Abstract (Custom)

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
Gwinn's domains are the Heart and the Void

Physical Prowess - Gwinn specializes in physical combat and weapon arts. He is insanely strong and fast and can contend to a stalemate with the strongest and fastest of gods. This allows him to run faster, leap greater distances, and gives reason to his ridiculous endurance.

Void Light - Gwinn can release a transcendent silver substance from his body that almost seems like a gentle light. It appears mettalic, but it is flexible and forms primarily into ribbons that radiate from his body. Its beauty is considerable, but its practical use is more so. This silver light can form into shields and footholds, and can also cut if need be.

Power of Kings - Allows Gwinn to materialize weapons made of a purple, crystal-like substance and control them freely. It appears as if they materialize out of nothing.

King's Crest - Upon full activation of his power, a large glowing symbol will appear behind him and unleash his status as King. Immense pressure will emanate from him as a show of dominance.

Mythical Origin: Gwinn is a rare kind of being, the kind that manifests itself without having to rely on some factor or aspect to continue his existence. He is not a god nor is he a demon. He is purely a god level enigma.

He desired to seek out others that could contend with his power and knowledge, so in the end, he decided to seek out the gods. This desire eventually brought him to Holy High after many years of searching.

Personality: A good king rules with an iron fist behind a wall of kindness and benevolence. Gwinn is, overall, a very kindhearted individual and takes it upon himself to help others if need be. When pleasantries alone are not enough, his rough side shows through with the pressure of a King.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: History

Likes: Gwinn is a fan of many things, food being his favorite. It is kind of expected that a king would love feasts. His second favorite thing is people. Gwinn loves to be around many people and interacting with others.

Dislikes: Gwinn very much dislikes being disappointed, especially by food if it looks good but doesn't taste good. He hates being by himself for very long which is contrary to the position of the King that he holds himself to.

Theme Song: Strength of 1000 Men - Two Steps From Hell

Great character, but does your other character have void powers?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Segral wrote:The App

Name: Necra

Mythos: Segreligion Tomban (Custom)

Mythical Origin: Necra was born to Skular, the God of the Noirealm, or Hellscape, and Fogria, the minor goddess of the mist, or vhitscren as it's known in the Tomban religion, a religion based off of the principles that death and life are the only natural forces of this world, that everything begins with life and ends with death, and that life and death are in an endless cycle with each other, that as soon as something dies, a new life is born again.

However, the Tomban religion was always one in crisis, due to the opposing forces that it was based on. Skular and Planna, the goddess of life, were the drivers of these forces, and attempted to rally as many gods to their cause as possible to destroy the other and pitch the alternate world Tombans existed on into a state of ceaseless death or ceaseless life. Eventually, the battle tipped over into the First Tomban Holy War between the many gods and godesses of the Tomban religion. The Skularian Army defeated the Plannan Army, destroying Planna and the life force as a whole, but at a grave cost. The death of Fogria.

After the death of his wife, Skular became hell-bent on destroying all life in the world and bringing the Tomban faith to other corners of the world in hopes of dominating the alternate worlds of the universe. His ambassador to Earth and Holy High? His daughter Necra, at her extreme reluctance.

Personality: Necra isn't a depressed or isolated or even socially awkward person. But she's very quiet and peaceful, often liking quietness and peace to think and act clearly. While she does make interaction with people, she prefers her spirits for company and seems to be inseparable with them. She shows a lot of regular emotion and personality with them, as she trusts them more than other people. Honestly, she's just a tough nut to crack, and one wrapped up in her own thoughts constantly. But she can warm up to people, so don't give up hope just yet.

Appearance: Dis gurl

Favorite Subject: Music or Art, pretty much anything involving the arts.

Likes: Spirits, paranormal/supernatural movies and fiction, horror movies and fiction, solitude, and basketball.

Dislikes: Overly optimistic and cheery people, overly optimistic and cheery media, bright colors, heat, contact sports.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz1bfhtKsHM

RUKIA!

AND UNDERTALE!

YOU ARE ACCEPTED. : D
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Auphelia wrote:

I'm sorry!

Should Bubbles change to something more . . . bubbly?

No no Bubbles is perfect! I mean I don’t want EVERYONE to have a death deity.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Xavier: You seen any other angels here?

Charlotte: *meep* *hides in corner*
Last edited by Charlia on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Charlia wrote:Xavier: You seen any other angels here?

ACK!!! Guerrilla downloading should be illegal!

*looks at Beaker*

Meep!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Xavier: You seen any other angels here?

ACK!!! Guerrilla downloading should be illegal!

*looks at Beaker*

Meep!
Oh, shoot, it was one of those?! I didn't actually open the image, I just copied the address... I hate those. Let me find a different one.

EDIT: There we go, replaced by a nice, safe, non-downloading Beaker. Meep.
Last edited by Charlia on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:08 pm

If you haven’t taken a look yet, we have a character sheet!

Also, due to the fact that we have 26 PC APPLICATIONS (and we’re coming to about 29 once the rest are accepted), this RP will become temporarily closed once we hit 30. If you have an App in the works, you are fine, continue it. However, once we are closed, we will not take new RPers for a while. If we lose members for any reason, we’ll open the RP in case you want to come back, or in case new people wish to join.

I’m so excited to have this many apps! I was terrified that I wouldn’t even get 10, but we’re overflowing and I’m so happy! Thank all of you for coming to help us pull this off the ground!

Also, I will be posting co-OPs momentarily. Take a look at the OP for information, and take some time to get to know your co-OPs and your OP! I promise once again we do not bite. :3
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm working on another app. *shrugs* I get a lot of ideas. I've been restraining myself, but this one I actually want to do something with.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Go ahead, but that will be your last one for now.

Please note that I am not counting NPCs whom I shall be using in the future. Those are OP-only characters. :3
-Alan Jackson

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:59 pm

S i t k a wrote:Name: Aguta (Inuit for 'Gatherer of the Dead'), though she prefers the more mortal-sounding name 'Marie'.

Mythos: I don't really have a name for it, but she basically comes from a different universe, with gods that represent various elements and concepts, as well as two that represent good and evil and balance each other out. She's the evil one, or at least she's supposed to be.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Able to subtly put evil thoughts and desires into the minds of others, or create chaos more directly by spreading chaos and instability and destroying light, and in her own world just being near her does this. A lest sinister power is the ability to take on a ghost-like form, which makes her semi-transparent and able to fly and move through objects. This also has a sinister twist, though, allowing her to possess mortals. She is able to travel to and from the overworld she originates in, but she does not wish to return, fearing the harm her presence would bring to its people.

Age: 16 in her current reincarnation, though she has existed forever in essence.

Mythical Origin: In her world, Aguta was the antithesis of everything a 'God' usually represents. She was a deity of evil, entropy, suffering, death, and other destructive forces, and served as a balancing force against the other main god of her world, who controlled light, life, joy, stability, and other pleasant things. For most of eternity she by nature held no remorse for her actions, and took glee in her destructive battles.

She and the other deities of her world are destroyed every (number too large to comprehend) years, and are then each reincarnated via a person born in their world. Usually their new forms end up only superficially different from the old ones once they mature. However, the last time this happened (only sixteen years ago, it turns out) Aguta did not follow this pattern. Her new soul tried to fight her corrupting essence, and mostly succeeded, leading Aguta to reject her duties as a malign deity. In other words, destiny slipped up. While this may seem good and all, in the long term her world would cease to exist without the balancing force she provides (or at least, that's what her fellow deities tell her), so after steadfastly refusing to commit herself to evil she was sent to this school so that her behavior could be 'corrected'.

Personality: She seems perpetually sorrowful, shy, and depressed, often tearful. At the same time, she is very defiant about her nature and fiercely committed to escaping it. If you manage to cheer her up, she is a very friendly, social, and adventurous girl. Try not to make her mad, though; that's when her evil and sadistic nature takes control.

Appearance: 'normal' form

As she has not yet embraced her divine nature, her true form remains unknown.

Favorite Subject: She's not really sure, but history and geography will likely please her love of adventure and learning.

Likes: Anyone willing to be friendly toward her, exploring, helping people, people who accept that she doesn't want to be evil, most music, reading, learning.

Dislikes: Her 'dark side', the people trying to force her to do her evil duties, accidentally hurting or corrupting people, being called by her given/divine name (she wants to forget about it, and has given herself the human name 'Marie')

More likes and dislikes may develop as her personality develops more.

Theme Song: I don't know, I'm never sure what to put for these.

Done. I hope it's good, I'm never sure.
Last edited by S i t k a on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:The App

Name: Gwinn, The King

Mythos: The Abstract (Custom)

Gwinn's domains are the Heart and the Void

Physical Prowess - Gwinn specializes in physical combat and weapon arts. He is insanely strong and fast and can contend to a stalemate with the strongest and fastest of gods. This allows him to run faster, leap greater distances, and gives reason to his ridiculous endurance.

Void Light - Gwinn can release a transcendent silver substance from his body that almost seems like a gentle light. It appears mettalic, but it is flexible and forms primarily into ribbons that radiate from his body. Its beauty is considerable, but its practical use is more so. This silver light can form into shields and footholds, and can also cut if need be.

Power of Kings - Allows Gwinn to materialize weapons made of a purple, crystal-like substance and control them freely. It appears as if they materialize out of nothing.

King's Crest - Upon full activation of his power, a large glowing symbol will appear behind him and unleash his status as King. Immense pressure will emanate from him as a show of dominance.

Mythical Origin: Gwinn is a rare kind of being, the kind that manifests itself without having to rely on some factor or aspect to continue his existence. He is not a god nor is he a demon. He is purely a god level enigma.

He desired to seek out others that could contend with his power and knowledge, so in the end, he decided to seek out the gods. This desire eventually brought him to Holy High after many years of searching.

Personality: A good king rules with an iron fist behind a wall of kindness and benevolence. Gwinn is, overall, a very kindhearted individual and takes it upon himself to help others if need be. When pleasantries alone are not enough, his rough side shows through with the pressure of a King.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: History

Likes: Gwinn is a fan of many things, food being his favorite. It is kind of expected that a king would love feasts. His second favorite thing is people. Gwinn loves to be around many people and interacting with others.

Dislikes: Gwinn very much dislikes being disappointed, especially by food if it looks good but doesn't taste good. He hates being by himself for very long which is contrary to the position of the King that he holds himself to.

Theme Song: Strength of 1000 Men - Two Steps From Hell

Great character, but does your other character have void powers?

He doesnt. They just happen to have similar names so I'll be referring to Frisct's as chaos energy from now on

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:19 pm

So because I'm a smart little boy, I forgot to write in the powers section. So here's the app, complete this time.

The App

Name: Necra

Mythos: Segreligion Tomban (Custom)

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Necra can manipulate spirits and ghosts to her will. Her animal and plant spirits appear as multi-colored, translucent spheres with small amounts of flame on the top, but her human spirits can expand to corporeal, white translucent figures if Necra so wishes. She can summon as many spirits as she wishes to her at once, but it will draw more energy from her stamina the more she summons.

Her spirits have several offensive powers, including the ability to possess inanimate objects, turn invisible indefinitely, manipulate their own ectoplasm, float and even fly, intangibility, and teleport. Necra shares a few of these powers as well. She can also pass through solid matter, can turn invisible, fly for short periods, teleport short distances, and cannot be smelt or even heard walking. She also has her spiritkinesis, where she can communicate with spirits freely through a mental link, and take emotional impressions, urges, or senses from more undeveloped spirits. However, she is still mastering her powers and they may become more powerful as time goes on.

Mythical Origin: Necra was born to Skular, the God of the Noirealm, or Hellscape, and Fogria, the minor goddess of the mist, or vhitscren as it's known in the Tomban religion, a religion based off of the principles that death and life are the only natural forces of this world, that everything begins with life and ends with death, and that life and death are in an endless cycle with each other, that as soon as something dies, a new life is born again.

However, the Tomban religion was always one in crisis, due to the opposing forces that it was based on. Skular and Planna, the goddess of life, were the drivers of these forces, and attempted to rally as many gods to their cause as possible to destroy the other and pitch the alternate world Tombans existed on into a state of ceaseless death or ceaseless life. Eventually, the battle tipped over into the First Tomban Holy War between the many gods and godesses of the Tomban religion. The Skularian Army defeated the Plannan Army, destroying Planna and the life force as a whole, but at a grave cost. The death of Fogria.

After the death of his wife, Skular became hell-bent on destroying all life in the world and bringing the Tomban faith to other corners of the world in hopes of dominating the alternate worlds of the universe. His ambassador to Earth and Holy High? His daughter Necra, at her extreme reluctance.

Personality: Necra isn't a depressed or isolated or even socially awkward person. But she's very quiet and peaceful, often liking quietness and peace to think and act clearly. While she does make interaction with people, she prefers her spirits for company and seems to be inseparable with them. She shows a lot of regular emotion and personality with them, as she trusts them more than other people. Honestly, she's just a tough nut to crack, and one wrapped up in her own thoughts constantly. But she can warm up to people, so don't give up hope just yet.

Appearance: Dis gurl

Favorite Subject: Music or Art, pretty much anything involving the arts.

Likes: Spirits, paranormal/supernatural movies and fiction, horror movies and fiction, solitude, and basketball.

Dislikes: Overly optimistic and cheery people, overly optimistic and cheery media, bright colors, heat, contact sports.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz1bfhtKsHM
yea bro idk

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:42 pm

The App

Name: Ame-No-Uzume-No-Mikoto (Uzume for short)

Mythos: Shinto

Enamoring Dance - Uzume can put people into a state of supernatural calm (i.e., distracted, stop-what-you're-doing-or-do-it-less-effectively calm), through dance or through performance of another kind. Those with exceptionally strong wills or strong reasons for behaving otherwise can resist better.

No Fear - Pretty simple, really: Uzume can laugh in the face of pretty much anything, even things that would terrify others. She's even strongly resistant to magical fear effects.

Beyond Omniglot - Uzume can speak in any language, including the language of animals, spirits, weird cthonic things from another dimension...doesn't matter.

Low-Key Durability - Uzume can survive most extreme environmental conditions, though this doesn't extend to actual attacks.

Blessing of Health - Just like she blessed the waters around her shrine, she can make others healthier and more fit as well. This can go so far as to b useful in combat.
----------------------------------

Physical Fitness--She's at least the superior of a mortal olympic athlete in terms of agility, and quite strong as well.

Random Knowledge--Self-explanatory

Craftsmanship -- Generally speaking not of the metal-and-earth variety, but she can make a variety of things.

Functioning Under the Influence - She can actually work at close to full capacity while high out of her mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Domains: Mirth, Femininity, Dance, Revelry, Happiness, Good Health and the Dawn

----------------------------------------------------------

Chisana Otoko--Actually a demon she found somewhere. It's typically housepet-sized, but it can expand to the size of a truck if need be. It's also pretty strong and resistant to damage.

Cloud Dust--Pretty much a powerful hallucinogen. Can boost the effectiveness of her dance quite a bit, not to mention fuck with people in its own right.

Mythical Origin: She was one of many Japanese gods either produced by Izanami and Izanagi's lovemaking, or from further lines of descent after that. She was a friend of Amaterasu, and actually helped the Sun Goddess' grandson form the Empire of Japan later on.

Personality: Uzume is the sort of goddess who's always got something to do--she wouldn't tolerate an instance of boredom for long enough for it to be otherwise. Oftentimes, given her fearlessness especially, this can take the form of getting into trouble at a friend's suggestion, but it can take more minor forms as well. For example, if she's up early she might start watching some more videos about cryptids, or working on her knitting/drawing/anything technique.

For all of that, though, she hates to see other people fighting, and will step in the middle or try to cheer people up if someone seems unhappy about something. It is rather hard to pick a (serious) fight with her, however, as she tends not to be affected by insults. If anything she'd likely change the subject to what had you all messed up.

Appearance: Image

Favorite Subject: Theatre, closely followed by Literature, some parts of History, and Gym.

Likes: Doing stupid shit on dares, cryptids and weird legends, making things that look pretty, wandering around randomly, large amounts of seasoning.

Dislikes: Seeing others in pain, boredom, overly strict rules.

Theme Song: Let Me Light a Fire - Semargl

------------------------------

So yeah, read some more stuff and revised it a bit from last time, but you should recognize the shape. :P The gear is purely for balance and not part of the mythology, but both additions feel like something she'd have, no? XD
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm

And of course, all that's left is the theme song. XD

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Charlia wrote:And of course, all that's left is the theme song. XD

Hmmm?
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Xeng He wrote:
Charlia wrote:And of course, all that's left is the theme song. XD

Hmmm?
Oh, the app I'm working on. Sorry, guess that was kind of unclear.

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Charlia wrote:
Xeng He wrote:

Hmmm?
Oh, the app I'm working on. Sorry, guess that was kind of unclear.

Tis okay. XD I could help find something if you want. XD
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:04 pm

The App

Name: Sanzuwu, Yangwu, Jinwu, Samjok-o, Yatagarasu--though she goes by the name Kara when not being revered by mortals.

Mythos: East Asian, found in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese folklore--I'm mixing the different tales and adding a bit of my own invention so that they fit together

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Solar Manipulation, of course! She can do all sorts of sun-related things(you can find a handy list of possibilities here--take note that electromagnetism, gravity, and nuclear power are extremely difficult for her to mess around with and will usually end up causing havoc if she tries, so she's pretty much given up on that). She's also commonly associated with rebirth, and can heal herself--though she can still be killed through conventional means. Most of the time, with truly serious wounds, shock prevents her from choosing to heal herself. And finally, she is able to see through illusions created by all but the most powerful of entities.

Oh. Also, she can transform into a three-legged crow. And fly.

When it comes to gear, that thing you see on her arm acts as a focal point for her powers. That's basically it.

Mythical Origin: Kara originally existed alongside her nine sisters, all of whom resided in separate suns. Each day one of the sun crows would be rostered to travel around the world on a carriage. As soon as one sun crow returned, another one would go to cross the sky. But one day, all ten of the crows decided to go out together, thinking it would be fun. When they did, however, the world began to burn, and Houyi the great archer saved the earth by shooting Kara's nine sisters, leaving only one sun in the sky--and killing the rest.

Traumatized by watching her sisters die in front of her, Kara hid rather than go out again, and to spare the earth from freezing, she was relieved of her duties and instead made the messenger of Amaterasu, though she retained her previous abilities.

Personality: Kara is generally cheerful, friendly, and happy to help out with whatever's needed. She does have depressive spells, usually brought on by something triggering the memories of her sisters' deaths, and has a pathological fear of arrows and archers due to the event. Fiercely loyal and honest to a fault, she'll never break a promise and often has trouble keeping track of what should be said and what shouldn't. However, any bad results of her lack of brain-to-mouth filter are always deeply regretted, and she'll do pretty much anything to try and make up for her error. Still, it's probably best not to tell her any secrets. She's a bit, shall we say, distractable, and has a hard time focusing on one thing at a time--but don't let that fool you, she's actually pretty smart and does good work, when she can keep doing it.

She can be serious, however--when the situation really, truly calls for it. Then, it's probably best to duck.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Art. No, no, science! Or is it math? Uh--whatever she happens to be doing at the time, really.

Likes: Oh, lots of things. Especially shiny things. She loves shiny things. But she also likes hanging out with her friends, being praised, flying, warmth, oddly enough cats...

Dislikes: Archers, hunting, accidentally hurting peoples' feelings or telling secrets, making mistakes, disappointing people

Theme Song: You can have two.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:02 pm

The App

Name: Girasol Aguilar (pronounced HEE-rah-soul, with the r rolled slightly. Full name is pretty long.)

Mythos: Custom

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: As a werewolf, Girasol can transform into a wolf-like creature with supernatural strength and speed (think the man-wolf hybrids like Skyrim). She's also capable of telling whatever species somebody is or what mood they're in just from their scent.

She can turn somebody into a werewolf by biting or scratching them in her wolf form, although that only works if said person is bitten during the full moon (the one night of the month that the transformation is involuntary).

Night Vision

Enhanced Senses

Slower Aging

Faster Healing

Mythical Origin: Girasol was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico to Letizia Aguilar and Pedro Felipe. Her mother's family owns a flower farm, and her father was a bartender at a popular sports bar. Girasol is the Spanish word for sunflower, and she was named after her maternal grandmother's favorite flower. Her childhood was rather uneventful, until her family moved to the United States when she was eight years old. She divided her time between Jalisco and New York, she was a boisterous child with a love for the supernatural, which caused her to be bullied quite a bit. She would write stories and draw pictures of mermaids, werewolves and vampires, wearing shirts with her favorite supernatural creature of the week.
One night when she was eleven, Girasol's life changed forever. On her way home from a friend's house, the curious child heard noises coming from an alley and saw what appeared to be a large dog rummaging through some trash cans. Stepping closer to it slowly, it spotted her...and she immediately screamed and tried to get away. She did get away, but did get scratched up and bitten. Her parents took her to the hospital and they healed up, and life seemed to go on as normal until she started craving rare meat. Then there was her hair growing longer and wilder, and her canine teeth getting sharper. As the full moon approached she would get hairier and more dog-like...finally her parents saw a wolf-like creature in place of their daughter one full moon after the house was in shambles, that's when they decided to do some research. They came to the conclusion that Girasol was now a werewolf, which was a huge shock because they thought they only existed in stories. They didn't throw her out but instead tried to help her through it. Over time, they came into contact with a wolf pack that could help her control her powers, eventually she learned how to keep her mind during her transformations. The pack and their leader, Ichabod whom Girasol calls Abuelito (Gramps), became her second family. She's worked her way up to becoming Ichabod's second-in-command and is in line to be Queen of Los Lobos (the pack and their territory) after Ichabod steps down or dies.

Personality: Girasol is creative and often seen humming or singing lowly to herself when drawing or working on something. She's bright and friendly, and although she often doesn't approach people first, she'll speak to you if you introduce yourself. She's weird and revels in it, but also it made it hard for her to make friends, which is why she's so loyal to the friends she does have.

Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/1e/8f ... ac47ed.png

Favorite Subject: Biology

Likes: The supernatural, drawing, writing stories and songs, especially werewolves and vampires which are a favorite subject of hers. Flowers, Spanish songs.

Dislikes: Judgmental people, being bored, too much mundane-ness, cowards, the shedding (she often sheds near the time of her involuntary translations when the fur starts to grow from her skin)

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6sa8RYV0I (there's another one that fits but it's super explicit)
Last edited by Nuridia on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Well, I got through A Series of Unfortuante Events season 2... it was great... but I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR SEASON 3

It's really awful because I already know the ending and all of that, I mean, I read the books and so far the show's been on the mark with all of that, even when I really didn't want it to be. So I know what's going to happen, unless they go completely off the rails. Which I guess they could do, but I doubt it.

But I need mooooooooooooooooore. *flails miserably*

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, I got through A Series of Unfortuante Events season 2... it was great... but I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR SEASON 3

It's really awful because I already know the ending and all of that, I mean, I read the books and so far the show's been on the mark with all of that, even when I really didn't want it to be. So I know what's going to happen, unless they go completely off the rails. Which I guess they could do, but I doubt it.

*sits in corner and pretends to know what's on TV these days*

Also, do you guys think my app is okay?
Last edited by S i t k a on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, I got through A Series of Unfortuante Events season 2... it was great... but I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR SEASON 3

I LOVE ASOUE YOU CAKESNIFFER!!!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse