NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Subaya
Secretary

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Subaya » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 pm

The App

Name: Freja Holdtshen

Mythos: She is not the Norse God of Beauty nor Queen of the Valkyries. In fact, she’s just an orphan who got named that. Her true mythos is custom, and unbeknownst to her.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: She has unlimited knives, whether they be full on Bowie knives, bayonets, handmade prison shanks, or anything in between, she just has them on hand all the time, and can always pull out more (like a hydra but blades, every 1 she loses she pulls out 2 more). This isn’t a magical power or anything, she just has too many damn knives.
She also possesses a strange leather-bound tome, filled with strange childish drawings and writing. This book can grant just about any miracle. The greater the miracle, the more time the book needs to rest. These miracles are never predictable in their strength or effectiveness, but they always meet her request in some way. She has affectionately dubbed it “the Healing Book.”
For powers, she can teleport a short distance to a point she can see. She can also throw spectral daggers and can turn invisible or into wisps of shadow temporarily. She moves faster than normal while invisible, and turning into shadow can protect her from harm. She can only use these things a limited amount without having to rest.
She is also an undead, meaning that its more difficult to kill her. Simply filling her with holes will be an inconvenience to her, but tearing her to pieces or other feats of great damage will still work. Much like zombies, aiming for the head is your best bet. She doesn’t need to eat, sleep, drink, or breath, and can see a bit better in the dark.

Mythical Origin: Freja was abandoned by her parents when she was born, left to an impoverished orphanage because they thought she was sickly (since she’s Albino). She grew up on the streets more so than in the orphanage, mugging and stealing to get by. She doesn’t know much about her ancestry or the origins of her powers, but she learned to use them for her own ends. She learned very little in school, having gone to an inner city one and getting held back through poor grades and being a general delinquent.
One day, Freja discovered a strange heirloom left to her, kept in secret by the orphanage owner. This was a leather bound tome filled with strange crayon drawings and writing, which possessed great magical power of its own. She took the book and ran, seeking answers about herself and its origins.
Then she died, for the first time.
She returned as a living corpse, more attuned to the little power she had before. Now she only has more questions, and this high school (as much as she hates school) is her main path to finding answers.

Personality: Having struggled through life from day one, she’s quite jaded towards the world and everyone and everything in it. She meets most things with a mix of force, dark humor, avoidance, and sarcasm. If you manage to get past the rough exterior (which usually involves getting punched or stabbed once or twice) she can actually be a pretty selfless friend, even willing to take a bullet for you. Which means less considering it won’t kill her, just hurt a lot. Think of her like a weird, spiteful Deadpool.

Appearance:
(Artistic Rendition)
(Fun Rendition)

Favorite Subject: Gym class and other physical things, she secretly did ballette in her youth.

Likes: Money, the Healing Book, knives, close friends, cigarettes

Dislikes: Everyone and everything else, including herself

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oEEC_ENAV8
Last edited by Subaya on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Ehhhhh let’s see...

The can’t die bit isn’t very tenable for an RP. While the characters are gods and goddesses, they should be able to be killed if part of the plot. Not that I’m going to kill your character.

The Healing Book is an interesting idea. So let’s say a person wanted to bring someone back from the dead. How long would the book had to rest?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

I’ll be posting a timeskip for HH tomorrow!

Get ready!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Subaya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Subaya » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:06 am

Luminesa wrote:Ehhhhh let’s see...

The can’t die bit isn’t very tenable for an RP. While the characters are gods and goddesses, they should be able to be killed if part of the plot. Not that I’m going to kill your character.

The Healing Book is an interesting idea. So let’s say a person wanted to bring someone back from the dead. How long would the book had to rest?

The can't die bit isn't really true, its more of she is less susceptible to damage than a mortal would be, and could reattach severed body parts if given enough time and stitches. It has now been edited to be more clear.

The Healing Book has yet to bring someone back to life per say, although it theoretically can. It's power is limited, and a bit random, so it would take multiple days or even a full week for it to recover from a resurrection. Most of its higher miracles take a day for it to recover, and are things equivalent to healing to full and replenishing stamina or resources. These higher miracles are rare and lucky occasions. Most often it will be the equivalent to a moderate support oriented spell, and need an hour or so to rest, a once-a-fight type deal.
Last edited by Subaya on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Subaya wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Ehhhhh let’s see...

The can't die bit isn't really true, its more of she is less susceptible to damage than a mortal would be, and could reattach severed body parts if given enough time and stitches. It has now been edited to be more clear.

The Healing Book has yet to bring someone back to life per say, although it theoretically can. It's power is limited, and a bit random, so it would take multiple days or even a full week for it to recover from a resurrection. Most of its higher miracles take a day for it to recover, and are things equivalent to healing to full and replenishing stamina or resources. These higher miracles are rare and lucky occasions. Most often it will be the equivalent to a moderate support oriented spell, and need an hour or so to rest, a once-a-fight type deal.

So the Miracle you get from the book is kind of random chance?
-Alan Jackson

Subaya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Subaya » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Subaya wrote:

So the Miracle you get from the book is kind of random chance?

It still meets the request in some manner. For example (which happened once in a different rp): an invisible ghost is attacking Freja, she takes the book out and goes "Dispel!" (as in, dispel the invisibility). The book, using an equally if not more effective tactic in this scenario, shoots a pulse of holy energy out, destroying (or should I say, "dispelling") the ghost.
It is random chance on how potent the effect is (I have a system in place for it on my end), but the effect meets the request.
It's kind of like a genie wish, where wording/specificity are important.

If it's too complicated, or you aren't sure about Freja herself, I am totally fine with using a different character.
Last edited by Subaya on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Subaya wrote:
Luminesa wrote:So the Miracle you get from the book is kind of random chance?

It still meets the request in some manner. For example (which happened once in a different rp): an invisible ghost is attacking Freja, she takes the book out and goes "Dispel!" (as in, dispel the invisibility). The book, using an equally if not more effective tactic in this scenario, shoots a pulse of holy energy out, destroying (or should I say, "dispelling") the ghost.
It is random chance on how potent the effect is (I have a system in place for it on my end), but the effect meets the request.
It's kind of like a genie wish, where wording/specificity are important.

If it's too complicated, or you aren't sure about Freja herself, I am totally fine with using a different character.

No, no, I’m just asking questions because I was a little curious. The character seems fine to me. I was just wondering how specifically the Healing Book worked. Accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 am

I'll try to have a post for Ina up later.

Oh yeah, I forgot, but Ina needs a roommate........
Last edited by Cappuccina on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Subaya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Subaya » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Cappuccina wrote:I'll try to have a post for Ina up later.

Oh yeah, I forgot, but Ina needs a roommate........

Well, you're in luck. I have a new character now who also needs a room/roommate.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Loki could also use a roommate. Three to a room, makes this situation rather simple.

Subaya
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Subaya » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Charlia wrote:Loki could also use a roommate. Three to a room, makes this situation rather simple.

I think Tou also needs a room though, and does Ninshubur count as a roommate?
Last edited by Subaya on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Tou has been accepted, btw!
-Alan Jackson

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Subaya wrote:
Charlia wrote:Loki could also use a roommate. Three to a room, makes this situation rather simple.

I think Tou also needs a room though, and does Ninshubur count as a roommate?

I mean, though Ninshubur is sentient...she's not a student, just Ina's familiar. I think Tou couod still room with them on technicality.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 am

When I get home from church I’ll update the roster. Ya’ll can feel free to make groups for Ganesha’s project if you want, or you can use this time to have your characters interact with each other and just talk. The next night we move ahead is when we’ll start having...disappearances.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 am

Updated the roster! Please check and let me know if I missed anything or anyone!

Also I am updating a rule. Because the three day rule is a bit too stringent, we’ll extend the time from three days to five days. Some of you are on vacation, and some of you are busy with other stuff. If you’re not on for five days or more, please TG me and let me know you’re going to be out! But I still expect posts at some point!

Let’s keep this party going! Get excited for Arc 1, I hope to make it interesting!
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:32 am

I'd suggest organizing the roster in some way--whether that be alphabetically by player or character name, so that it's easier to read. As it is, it's a bit difficult to work with.

For example, take a look at this--the ease of access to each application is much higher.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Charlia wrote:I'd suggest organizing the roster in some way--whether that be alphabetically by player or character name, so that it's easier to read. As it is, it's a bit difficult to work with.

For example, take a look at this--the ease of access to each application is much higher.

...It is?...We have the same format, he just has his in alphabetical order. I don’t have a problem at all trying to find names. As long as I know who is participating and who is not, that’s all that matters to me.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:I'd suggest organizing the roster in some way--whether that be alphabetically by player or character name, so that it's easier to read. As it is, it's a bit difficult to work with.

...It is?...We have the same format, he just has his in alphabetical order. I don’t have a problem at all trying to find names. As long as I know who is participating and who is not, that’s all that matters to me.

On a somewhat relevant note, a list of the roommates may be in order don't you think?

Because I'm never entirely sure of who Unobt rooms with, since it never actually turned into an interaction.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:...It is?...We have the same format, he just has his in alphabetical order. I don’t have a problem at all trying to find names. As long as I know who is participating and who is not, that’s all that matters to me.

On a somewhat relevant note, a list of the roommates may be in order don't you think?

Because I'm never entirely sure of who Unobt rooms with, since it never actually turned into an interaction.

I agree! This would be good to have. I shall add such a list to the OOC! Thank you! : D

This will take a little bit of scouring through the IC, unless some of ya'll know who you're rooming with and you can post it here.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Yes, it is. The names are much easier to locate because you already know where in the list to start looking.

Players might also have a reason to look at the roster, you know. If they want to look at someone else's app, for example, or if they want to reexamine their own but can't quite recall what page it was on.

On that note, I mentioned before that Kara has proved to be difficult for at least one player to find(Chrome, if I recall correctly), due to being listed under 'Sanzuwu', a name she does not actually go by. So, when one looks for Kara's app in the roster, one has no idea where it could possibly be, because the name doesn't appear.
Last edited by Charlia on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:...It is?...We have the same format, he just has his in alphabetical order. I don’t have a problem at all trying to find names. As long as I know who is participating and who is not, that’s all that matters to me.
Yes, it is. The names are much easier to locate because you already know where in the list to start looking.

Players might also have a reason to look at the roster, you know. If they want to look at someone else's app, for example, or if they want to reexamine their own but can't quite recall what page it was on.

...You start looking from the top.

When someone tells me they actually have trouble looking for Apps on the list, then I will switch things around. Serah came and politely suggested I could make a list of roommates. I can do that. Other than that, nobody has come forward and said it's a massive problem. And anyway, I can look at it and tell a person, "Yes, your character is on the list," or "No, your character is not there, please send me a link to their App or re-post the App." Not much to it.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:43 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yes, it is. The names are much easier to locate because you already know where in the list to start looking.

...You start looking from the top.

When someone tells me they actually have trouble looking for Apps on the list, then I will switch things around. Serah came and politely suggested I could make a list of roommates. I can do that. Other than that, nobody has come forward and said it's a massive problem. And anyway, I can look at it and tell a person, "Yes, your character is on the list," or "No, your character is not there, please send me a link to their App or re-post the App." Not much to it.
I, for one, happen to like looking at other people's apps on occasion. It can be useful.

And it does get quite tedious looking through a list of names with no discernible pattern save chronology, requiring me to remember when the apps were posted and accepted rather than simply the name of the character I want to look at--or look through each name on the list, one by one, and hope that I don't lose track.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:...You start looking from the top.

I, for one, happen to like looking at other people's apps on occasion. It can be useful.

And it does get quite tedious looking through a list of names with no discernible pattern save chronology, requiring me to remember when the apps were posted and accepted rather than simply the name of the character I want to look at--or look through each name on the list, one by one, and hope that I don't lose track.

All of the Apps are there. You don't have to worry about looking for them, I know where they are if you need them. If it's THAT stressful to go through the list looking for a name, just ask for a name and I'll find it. We don't need to make mountains out of molehills.

Unless you'd like to alphabetize them yourself and then send me the new list via TG, which actually would be rather helpful.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Sorry for the absence, I'm still here. I will definitely have time for a post(s) today. 8)

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:03 am

Cappuccina wrote:Sorry for the absence, I'm still here. I will definitely have time for a post(s) today. 8)

Awesome! Thank you for checking-in!
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse