NATION

PASSWORD

A small angry planet [OCC/OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:G

My initial post finished in Victoria land. Marine landing party coming ashore.

Working on newest post now.

Hmm, energy readings?

Also, those poor footsloggers. You do know that the Transantarctic Mountains are hundreds to thousands of miles away from open water. I hope they brought a lot of rations.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:30 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm, energy readings?

Also, those poor footsloggers. You do know that the Transantarctic Mountains are hundreds to thousands of miles away from open water. I hope they brought a lot of rations.

This is actually why the Nordic Polar Office hasn't arranged an expedition yet. :p

Plzen wrote:The director blanched. Why couldn't it have landed somewhere convenient, like near one of their bases? He sighed.

Arguably one of the least accessible locations in Antarctica.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Plzen wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm, energy readings?

This is actually why the Nordic Polar Office hasn't arranged an expedition yet. :p

Plzen wrote:The director blanched. Why couldn't it have landed somewhere convenient, like near one of their bases? He sighed.

Arguably one of the least accessible locations in Antarctica.

Also, plenty of metals (probably)!

Just what a growing intervention force needs in its daily diet.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:40 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:G

My initial post finished in Victoria land. Marine landing party coming ashore.

Working on newest post now.

Hmm, energy readings?

Did I say walking? I meant helicopter ride. SILLY ME!
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Hmm, energy readings?

Poor damn footsloggers.

I hope they brought their snowshoes for when the helicopter goes down in that blizzard.

Also, I’m 98% sure submarine-launched choppers never were more than a pipe-dream, but that’s a minor logistics issue.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Poor damn footsloggers.

I hope they brought their snowshoes for when the helicopter goes down in that blizzard.

Also, I’m 98% sure submarine-launched choppers never were more than a pipe-dream, but that’s a minor logistics issue.

Oh, the navy has helicopters which can brave blizzards. I am not certain of the exact Russian variant, but I know that the British have the Sea King. The blizzard won't be too much of a problem outside of just making the journey slower.

I will edit my post to make the sub a destroyer.
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Poor damn footsloggers.

Oh, the navy has helicopters which can brave blizzards. I am not certain of the exact Russian variant, but I know that the British have the Sea King. The blizzard won't be too much of a problem outside of just making the journey slower.

I like it better when the Russians planned poorly and have to walk. :P

Also, as a private pilot... you could not pay me enough to fly in an Antarctic blizzard.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 pm

I like it better when the Russians planned poorly and have to walk. :P

Also, as a private pilot... you could not pay me enough to fly in an Antarctic blizzard.

As soviet pilot in the peoples navy you would consider it a mandatory honor for the motherland!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also, as a private pilot... you could not pay me enough to fly in an Antarctic blizzard.

What? Why? What could possibly go wrong? :p

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also, plenty of metals (probably)!

Oh, no! All of Earth must come together to force this environmental-disaster-in-the-making to put its signature on the Antarctic Treaty System.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Plzen wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also, as a private pilot... you could not pay me enough to fly in an Antarctic blizzard.

What? Why? What could possibly go wrong? :p

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also, plenty of metals (probably)!

Oh, no! All of Earth must come together to force this environmental-disaster-in-the-making to put its signature on the Antarctic Treaty System.

I seem to recall you not caring too much about that treaty in a previous RP...

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I seem to recall you not caring too much about that treaty in a previous RP...

Different RP, after all. Different RP...

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:03 am

Response post is up.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:05 am

Were just sitting on that weren't ya? :p

Gimme a sec to read.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:06 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:Were just sitting on that weren't ya? :p

Gimme a sec to read.

Just clipped the last two sections, since those aren't exactly relevant anymore.

I will also have to make a response to your nuclear attack itself, since that was rather unexpected. Soviet first strike, eh?
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 am

ummm....

We launched...

I just, kinda assumed you would too. Want me to change that?

Edit: I mean, it sounded like you were just going to go for it as soon as I shot the Dyne out of the sky so I just assumed.
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:ummm....

We launched...

Edit: I mean, it sounded like you were just going to go for it as soon as I shot the Dyne out of the sky so I just assumed.

What I was planning on was a tactical strike against Soviet military bases, and I was expecting a similar Soviet response against our military bases.

What I was not expecting was an all-out strategic strike against major population centres.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am

Bloody hell I'm gone for one day and nuclear war breaks out!

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 am

Labstoska wrote:Bloody hell I'm gone for one day and nuclear war breaks out!

I and Plzn are quite stubborn and have decidedly large egos.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I and Plzn are quite stubborn and have decidedly large egos.

This is entirely true.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:14 am

Yeah, I think it's best if you hold off on the nukes for now, or at least downgrade that to a counterforce strike.

As Labstoska says, this is kind of abrupt.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 am

Plzen wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:ummm....

We launched...

What I was planning on was a tactical strike against Soviet military bases, and I was expecting a similar Soviet response against our military bases.

What I was not expecting was an all-out strategic strike against major population centres.

... Surprise? :blush:

Okay. What I did would pretty much end the game for the Nordic Commonwealth. So... i'll scrap that - at least, I am not going to go for any major cities outside the former capitals, and instead I will be focusing on more military targets. My bad.

I will continue on with the whole first strike thing, but like, not as genocidal.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:... Surprise? :blush:

Okay. What I did would pretty much end the game for the Nordic Commonwealth. So... i'll scrap that - at least, I am not going to go for any major cities outside the former capitals, and instead I will be focusing on more military targets. My bad.

I will continue on with the whole first strike thing, but like, not as genocidal.

Now I'm seriously considering holding off on a military response and just letting the international condemnation storm in.

Ah well. I don't have to make that decision immediately. Next IC post will probably deal with who did or didn't make it to the bomb shelters. The combined population of the capitals are on the order of 5 million or so, so with a 10% failure rate that might be 500,000 casualties, give or take.

The UN General Assembly is going to be fun in the next few days. I can decide whether to press a military response after I try the diplomatic routes.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:28 am

Anyway, what do you think the USSR will do to Greece,Cristo?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 am

Hmm... actually, never mind. I don't like having to count on nuclear subs. Automated response it is.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 am

Plzen wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:... Surprise? :blush:

Now I'm seriously considering holding off on a military response and just letting the international condemnation storm in.

Ah well. I don't have to make that decision immediately. Next IC post will probably deal with who did or didn't make it to the bomb shelters. The combined population of the capitals are on the order of 5 million or so, so with a 10% failure rate that might be 500,000 casualties, give or take.

The UN General Assembly is going to be fun in the next few days. I can decide whether to press a military response after I try the diplomatic routes.

Isn't like, just the city of Stockholm alone 1 million people? The urban area alone is like over 2 million.

I mean, if we were to assume about 1/3 of any given targeted city was to be killed ( a ratio taken from the strike on Hiroshima ) and then compile the urban populations of the 5 former capitals ( that being around 3.1 million ) than the casualties would be around 1.24 million people ( than exempting the tactical strikes ).

Give me a bit to edit my post... that took me a while...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse