NATION

PASSWORD

A small angry planet [OCC/OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Danceria wrote:So now we're making the Sol System a literal MAD station?

If that's what it takes to prevent the death of humanity, probably!

Not like it's a new scenario for them. Also, we need to sic the Dyne on those falling meteor dudenicks. I assume the Antarctic visitors are in no mood to negotiate other than "consume".
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:

So egotistical. Why must you strive so hard to preserve yourselves when it means the needless suffering of so many others?

Oh, wow, I'm playing the Elders from XCOM 2.

*Eloquently says "fuck you" in Psionic*
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 am

The Ensari really effing hate the Erel for destroying one of their last Quantium planets. Once the Ensari find it, they will be sooooo frantic and will try to get humanity to be allies with them, so that humans will be given Ensari tech to make space capable ships(and help the Ensari shut the Erel up).
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 am

Danceria wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Random Fact: Ensari Starfire Class Battlecarriers are essentially mobile fighter factories. Given the necessary resources, they can churn out hundreds of drone fighters out of their assembly lines in the middle of battle. Luckily, only the Lunaven remains of that class.

Still: even though the government will proudly boast that Elystimar kicked your ass and kicked it hard, it was only because we became Humans. The plucky little primitives you poked one too many times (piecemeal tech, anyone?). Nevertheless, the Ensari are seen as the boogeymen. The image of a moon ship moments before an entire subcontinent is reduced to slag burns deep within the collective mind of the Empire.

Try not to kill us, though I wouldn't put it past you.

Also, person who plays the Dyne, I assume our two factions would at least know of each others existence?

Sure, sounds good. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the new stuff right now, but I will have a post up soon.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 am

Danceria wrote:

Not like it's a new scenario for them. Also, we need to sic the Dyne on those falling meteor dudenicks. I assume the Antarctic visitors are in no mood to negotiate other than "consume".
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:So egotistical. Why must you strive so hard to preserve yourselves when it means the needless suffering of so many others?

Oh, wow, I'm playing the Elders from XCOM 2.

Nah. There are good reasons the Ascended lands in Antarctica versus, say, New York.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 am

Yymea wrote:
Danceria wrote:Still: even though the government will proudly boast that Elystimar kicked your ass and kicked it hard, it was only because we became Humans. The plucky little primitives you poked one too many times (piecemeal tech, anyone?). Nevertheless, the Ensari are seen as the boogeymen. The image of a moon ship moments before an entire subcontinent is reduced to slag burns deep within the collective mind of the Empire.

Try not to kill us, though I wouldn't put it past you.

Also, person who plays the Dyne, I assume our two factions would at least know of each others existence?

Sure, sounds good. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the new stuff right now, but I will have a post up soon.

Assuming you're the Dyne dude, I'm going to have a Hive-Minded crewmember act as an intermediary between you and the Non-Hived, cool?
Korhal IVV wrote:The Ensari really effing hate the Erel for destroying one of their last Quantium planets. Once the Ensari find it, they will be sooooo frantic and will try to get humanity to be allies with them, so that humans will be given Ensari tech to make space capable ships(and help the Ensari shut the Erel up).

The Erel might be the incident to bring the old enemies together.
Danceria wrote:Not like it's a new scenario for them. Also, we need to sic the Dyne on those falling meteor dudenicks. I assume the Antarctic visitors are in no mood to negotiate other than "consume".

Nah. There are good reasons the Ascended lands in Antarctica versus, say, New York.

Which are...?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:52 am

Danceria wrote:
Yymea wrote:Sure, sounds good. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the new stuff right now, but I will have a post up soon.

Assuming you're the Dyne dude, I'm going to have a Hive-Minded crewmember act as an intermediary between you and the Non-Hived, cool?
Korhal IVV wrote:The Ensari really effing hate the Erel for destroying one of their last Quantium planets. Once the Ensari find it, they will be sooooo frantic and will try to get humanity to be allies with them, so that humans will be given Ensari tech to make space capable ships(and help the Ensari shut the Erel up).

Which are...?

"Radiation poisoning" and "lack of vulnerable ecosystems".
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:55 am

Danceria wrote:Assuming you're the Dyne dude, I'm going to have a Hive-Minded crewmember act as an intermediary between you and the Non-Hived, cool?

Which are...?

You're here to radiation poison, or because you thrive in cold climates?
Obligatory Quotes below

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:55 am

Danceria wrote:

You're here to radiation poison, or because you thrive in cold climates?

More like the actions the Ascended need to take to serve their goal of preserving Earth have the byproduct of extensive radiation poisoning. And it would be poor form to cause mass casualties amidst the Potentials.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 am

Danceria wrote:You're here to radiation poison, or because you thrive in cold climates?

More like the actions the Ascended need to take to serve their goal of preserving Earth have the byproduct of extensive radiation poisoning. And it would be poor form to cause mass casualties amidst the Potentials.

The "Potentials" being Humanity...and you're here to make Earth doesn't blow up until Humans realize their "Potential"?
Obligatory Quotes below

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 am

Danceria wrote:

The "Potentials" being Humanity...and you're here to make Earth doesn't blow up until Humans realize their "Potential"?

More or less. And to ensure that other races don't extinguish that potential in their quest for green rocks.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 am

Well, if anybody has realised that the Veselar are only targeting Quantium-laden worlds (which they undoubtedly will have) and knows that this planet is the only Quantium deposit left, I would think that the only logical conclusions would be 'The Erel is already here.' or 'The Erel hasn't arrived yet.'. The logical thing to do would be to look for the craft, though with a whole Solar System to scour... I don't know, depends what scanning technology you all have (or how well you know how the Veselar's modus operandi; since they can't transport singularities at FTL speeds, they pretty much always show up somewhere with easily-accessible material, like Kuiper Belts).
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:02 am

Danceria wrote:The "Potentials" being Humanity...and you're here to make Earth doesn't blow up until Humans realize their "Potential"?

More or less. And to ensure that other races don't extinguish that potential in their quest for green rocks.

I dread to think of what humanity could be "potential" of, even being more important than the Phlebtonium/Quanitium...
Obligatory Quotes below

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:04 am

I'll probably develop my spacefaring and space combat tech in an Aurora4x-style manner. It's the system I'm most familiar with.

On the surface side, perhaps we should invest more in disposable orbital defences from trucks and such...

So, the Great Game begins.

The conference in Bouvetøya is the Commonwealth's way of squeezing itself into the great game. It will certainly be interested in co-operation with the Dnye, if they show up, and regular diplomatic contact can't be a bad thing, even with hostile entities.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 am

Plzen wrote:I'll probably develop my spacefaring and space combat tech in an Aurora4x-style manner. It's the system I'm most familiar with.

On the surface side, perhaps we should invest more in disposable orbital defences from trucks and such...

The conference in Bouvetøya is the Commonwealth's way of squeezing itself into the great game. It will certainly be interested in co-operation with the Dnye, if they show up, and regular diplomatic contact can't be a bad thing, even with hostile entities.

We'd love to show up, but we have the friggin Soviets calling monopoly on communications so...
wat do?
Obligatory Quotes below

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 am

Danceria wrote:We'd love to show up, but we have the friggin Soviets calling monopoly on communications so...
wat do?

Put it this way: if you honour the Soviet's ban on Earth-extraterrestrial communications that does not go through Mir, what do you think that will do to the amount of trust and goodwill that US or China-aligned and neutral nations on Earth would have towards you?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:10 am

Plzen wrote:
Danceria wrote:We'd love to show up, but we have the friggin Soviets calling monopoly on communications so...
wat do?

Put it this way: if you honour the Soviet's ban on Earth-extraterrestrial communications that does not go through Mir, what do you think that will do to the amount of trust and goodwill that US or China-aligned and neutral nations on Earth would have towards you?

Not very...and ICBMS aren't exactly fast...
And a poked Dyne can eat a planet/pant...
Obligatory Quotes below

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 am

Antarctic aliens unhappy at resource exploitation by "lesser" races?

Drill, baby, drill!

Or... er, we will once we find out what it is. :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 am

Plzen wrote:Antarctic aliens unhappy at resource exploitation by "lesser" races?

Drill, baby, drill!

Or... er, we will once we find out what it is. :p

Tsk, tsk.

Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Danceria wrote:
Yymea wrote:Sure, sounds good. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the new stuff right now, but I will have a post up soon.

Well, Dnye isn't exactly a Hive-Mind, its more of a huge, singular organism, but I guess a separate seed of Dnye could have, somehow, grown inside a crewmember and take them over?
Plzen wrote:I'll probably develop my spacefaring and space combat tech in an Aurora4x-style manner. It's the system I'm most familiar with.

Ooh, I really want to go :D
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:35 am

Another quick IC post up.

Skav-Kar
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Skav-Kar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Is this still accepting applications for alien nations?

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Skav-Kar wrote:Is this still accepting applications for alien nations?

I'd prefer more Human nations however you can still app as an alien one.

Also sorry about my small hiatus, I've been spending time with my family across the holiday, hopefully I'll be able to get my China app up tomorrow.

Galactic Collectivist States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Galactic Collectivist States » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 pm

>When you realize everybody, even the so called "communists" of the Eastern Bloc are capitalist pig dogs.

communist plotting intensifies
Last edited by Galactic Collectivist States on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Civilization Stats
Technological Tier: 9+
Magic Level: 0-8 (?)
Empire Influence Type: 10
Пан Универсала Колективисма Республико | Pan Universal Collectivist Republic
IC YEAR: 3280 CE / Year 730 Post-Revolution

A collective regime of peace and love - levels of freedom and oppression will vary
Centrally planned AI economies and near post-scarcity combined with Soviet-era politics and aesthetic

UNIVERSAL TRUTH Central Committee announces that 10% economic growth has been achieved in 96 sectors this quarter | Atheism rates in core territories at 99.999999%, says Central Committee | 20,000 ships added to the new 194th Army group | Single StateSec Battlecruiser wipes out 200 pirate vessels

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Galactic Collectivist States wrote:>When you realize everybody, even the so called "communists" of the Eastern Bloc are capitalist pig dogs.

I cri

Never fear China will come to your aid, mainly because your the only Humans with advanced technology, soon the imperial people's guard will destroy the Xenos threat!

Galactic Collectivist States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Galactic Collectivist States » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Labstoska wrote:
Galactic Collectivist States wrote:>When you realize everybody, even the so called "communists" of the Eastern Bloc are capitalist pig dogs.

I cri

Never fear China will come to your aid, mainly because your the only Humans with advanced technology, soon the imperial people's guard will destroy the Xenos threat!

We shall give our Earthly comrades cheap fusion power and quantum computers if they so like.

That and influence politics in third world nations.
Civilization Stats
Technological Tier: 9+
Magic Level: 0-8 (?)
Empire Influence Type: 10
Пан Универсала Колективисма Республико | Pan Universal Collectivist Republic
IC YEAR: 3280 CE / Year 730 Post-Revolution

A collective regime of peace and love - levels of freedom and oppression will vary
Centrally planned AI economies and near post-scarcity combined with Soviet-era politics and aesthetic

UNIVERSAL TRUTH Central Committee announces that 10% economic growth has been achieved in 96 sectors this quarter | Atheism rates in core territories at 99.999999%, says Central Committee | 20,000 ships added to the new 194th Army group | Single StateSec Battlecruiser wipes out 200 pirate vessels

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse