NATION

PASSWORD

In The Dark (Supernatural/Horror) (IC / ON HIATUS)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

In The Dark (Supernatural/Horror) (IC / ON HIATUS)

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:48 pm

(Banner by Hastur.)

There is truth in fiction.
Myth. Folklore. Legend.
An undeniable truth that,
for many,
exists only in the realm of fairytale.

Humanity is not alone.

Evil lurks in the shadows;
monsters as strange and as horrific as any nightmare.
Vampires. Werewolves. Creatures that defy common explanation.
For countless eons mankind has been preyed upon,
and for countless eons the Hunters have stood in silent vigil.
Guardians in the night.

Darkness has taken root in the City of Angels,
a weed,
creeping like toxic ivy.
A beacon of wicked corruption.

The Hunters pay heed to the unspoken call.

Stephen Quinn
    Quinn Ranch, Los Angeles, California / March 2017

A red Honda Civic was cruising along State Road 247. A desolate run of blacktop connecting the towns of Barstow and Lucerne Valley, the whine of the hatchback's engine echoed by the nothingness that stretched on either side. Hills, too far out to see the city. Sky an immaculate shade of forever blue. The windows were rolled down, and the music turned up, loud, Stephen Quinn tapping along on the steering wheel. Sunglasses reflecting the landscape. Hair catching the wind.

He was fast approaching a slower driver. Stephen pulled left, crossing the double-yellow, and sped past, before slipping back into the southbound lane as an oncoming semi-trailer sounded its horn, driver shouting a wordless insult, a little too close.

No traffic. Speedometer reaching towards 90. Then a sudden left turn at an unmarked road, bouncing along the pavement towards Taylor Spring and West Ord Mountain in the near-distance. A mile-long approach to Quinn Ranch. The homestead was modest in its design, a simple ranch-styled house with two stories, attached garage, an outbuilding in the back, and enough land to form its own sovereign territory on the map. Away from prying eyes. Built by the Quinn family a century ago, maybe more, and updated throughout the decades to suit the modern lifestyle. An off-white with a sandy lawn (no point wasting water), stone accents, and a red-tiled roof.

Stephen pulled up the drive, towards the garage, parking alongside a dirty-white Ford Focus that looked to have gone a long time without a wash. He killed the engine. No point locking up this far out in the sticks. He entered through the open garage, careful to avoid touching the clean Corvette parked inside the safety of the shade.

Opening the door he was immediately hit by the cold air of a well-maintained AC. A necessity in these parts. Alexandra Wilkens was sitting on a stool at the island, eating a sandwich, offering a small wave as greeting as she played on her cellphone.

Stephen removed his sunglasses. "What are you doing here?"

The woman, one half of a set of twins, had a bad habit of showing up unannounced. Was the sort to invite herself in.

"Eating," she answered, finishing the meal that likely had been raided from the refrigerator. Then, as an afterthought, she added, "Making some deliveries for Serrano. His courier's gone AWOL. Muy loco. Stole something, too. Don't know, so don't ask, but Serrano is mighty pissed, more-so than usual if you can believe it." She slipped down from the stool to fetch a can of soda.

Stephen took the soda and drank it despite her mock protests.

Another voice joined in from the next room over. "If you could lend a hand it would be a big help." Edward Quinn, Stephen's great-uncle, and the man who'd taught him everything there was to know about monster hunting, sitting at a wooden desk and studying a note adorned in the sloppy chicken-scratch of Serrano's handwriting. There was an open case on the floor, and inside there looked to be a handgun, as normal as the interior decoration, if not for the odd glow, blue, as if the inlaid gemstone on the grip was radioactive. No telling what it was. Could be anything knowing Serrano. After a moment, Edward looked up with the tired expression of an old man. His voice, however, remained strong no matter the age. "I sent Gill a few days back, but she hasn't turned up since, which is exactly like something she'd do, but I worry nonetheless."

"Gill?" asked Stephen, leaning against the wall separating the kitchen from the living room, sipping at the soda.

"Gillian. A friend of mine," said Edward, then, after a pause, added, "I don't think you've met."

"So you need me to find her?"

Edward gave a knowing grin. "Trust me, she can handle herself. The thing Serrano lost, well, that shouldn't be left to whatever hands find it, but if you see Gill I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of keeping her out of trouble."

"She sounds fun," added Alexandra.

"Sounds like a headache," muttered Stephen. He finished the soda, tossed the empty can into the trash, and then turned to leave the way he'd come, a bit annoyed at having to clean up somebody else's mess. Gillian, whoever she was, was already a tick in his side. "I'll be back later, then. Don't wait up." The door closed behind him. A few moments passed, and then his Civic could be heard trailing back down the private road towards civilization, to the black market shop Serrano owned in the Wholesale District of Los Angeles.

Edward returned to his task, and Alexandra, cleaning up after herself, went on afterwards to finish her deliveries. The Quinn Ranch sat alone in the desert east of Los Angeles. Normal if not for the secrets that lay inside.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Dominiczek Donek Baranski
Buena Vista Condo Community, Los Angeles, California / March 2017

The sun peaked right through the curtains of the condo's balcony into a large room. A double mattress bed right in the middle of the room, a dressing table at the front near the door and a room that acted as a closet. In the bed there laid two people embracing each other, a large man of a muscular average build wearing a white shirt and gray boxers, graying hair and stubble. On top of him with her arms around his neck was a women no older than 35, she was tanned and had long luscious hair as well as a European complexion. Both people were deep asleep and in each others arms. The man, his name was Dominic was hit by the light of the rising run, waking him up. Dominic looked around him finding everything about his home the same. He looked down on his chest and saw his wife, Elena, right on his chest and she began to hug him tighter.

Dominic smiled as he kissed his wife's cheek and set her arm aside to get off the bed, leaving her to hug onto the sheets. He took his time to gain concentration as he made way to the bathroom, washing his face and taking a quick shower. While the water cleanse him Dominic could hear Elena yawn as she stretched, waking up from her slumber the door to the bathroom was open and it wasn't that far from the bed.

"Good morning my love!" he yelled as he washed his shampoo covered gray hair.

"Good morning baby sweet, you going to the office tonight?" Elena asked as she rose from bed towards her dressing table, sitting down on the stool seat, he Romanian accent was noticeable when she spoke. She began to freshen up for the day.

"I don't know baby... maybe." Dominic washed off all the soap from his body and got out from the shower, covering his lower body with a towel.

"I may have to stay late if that's the case." He said while getting out of the bathroom and heading towards the dressing room.

"You tend to stay late too much nowadays Domi. Mary misses you, and I don't trust that nanny you hired. Why can't Rosita come back from her trip quicker!" Elena said with annoyance.

Dominic was half dress now, dark blue slacks and a white dress shirt, "It's how we eat love," he replied as he put on his socks and the black swede shoes. He went out of the room, combing his hair to the side into his usual haircut. Elena looked back at him, she smiled as she saw her husband get out well dressed and handsome as always. She smiled.

"What?!" Dominic asked with a smug, getting his tie on.

"You always looking fine love..." Elena turned her head back on her mirror and kept freshening up. Dominic shrugged with a smile, approaching his wife from behind he set his hands on her shoulders and gave her a kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room into the hallway of the condo, leading to another bathroom close by and then Dominic's surrogate daughter's room. He opened the door, finding her still asleep.

"Wake up sleepy head..." He said trying to change his gruff voice to low tone one similar to a cartoon character, very bad impression.

"I don't wanna!" Mary said covering her head with her blankets.

"Okay then. I guess no waffles today." Dominic said closing the door slowly, only to find Mary already out of her bed and rushing out to the dinner table. "WAFFLES!" She yelled. Dominic let out a small laugh, always works, he thought.

Dominic, Elena, and Mary were sitting down on the dinner table, two waffles on each plate accompanied by fruit and milk. The three began eating, Dominic a bit more slow in his eating as he checked his Samsung phone, all while Elena and Mary talked about school and other miscellaneous things.

Dominic scrolled through notification after notification, Amazon offers, News, Bank of America updates, it was all the usual stuff until he saw one notification. A text message from an unknown user and the message was encrypted so that no one would see it unless they unblocked the phone. Dominic set the phone down and quickly finished his waffle.

"Hey Mary, what'd you say we go to see that new superhero movie you wanted to see. "Logan" I think it's called. The teenage girl smiled and nodded with excitement. Elena simply eyed Dominic while she took a bite out of her waffle. Dominic simply shrugged in an "I don't know" matter.

"Well you two have fun." Elena said as she finished eating and collected both her's and her husband's plates. She was dressed already in her white doctor coat as she picked her purse from the kitchen bar and gave Mary a kiss on her head and Dominic a kiss on the lips.

"Don't stay up so late you two okay!" She said as she walked out the door.

"No promises!" Said Mary. Dominic smirked at the reply.

The sun was beginning to settle, Dominic was no longer home and instead driving his Ford Falcon through the already darkening streets of LA. His wife back home attending to their daughter and thinking Dominic was simply having a "fun" night at the SecuroFirm office. Instead he was driving towards Raul Serrano's "Underground" store. Passing through the streets Dominic made it quickly to the rather unassuming meat packaging plant. To one that didn't know better this was nothing but a simply factory where animals came in and meat went out, but to Dominic it was more than that.

Parking his car near the entrance gate, Dominic made his way to the front, telling the guard at the cabin. "I'm here to see Raul."

"Go right in." The guard answered, paying attention back to the TV.

Dominic walked through the plant to the well hidden entrance at the back of the plant to an underground hallway leading to a door. Approaching the metal door Dominic looked at the camera at the wall, and then it opened. He went inside.

"Hey Raul." Dominic said towards the man that used to be a hunter. Raul simply waved at him, he was cleaning a gun or something, it was hard to tell. The room was filled with tables with guns, equipment and racks of more guns. The hunter picked up some silver slug shells that he had been meaning to pick up. 5 of them. Dominic simply walked to the front where Raul was at, setting the shells on the table.

"Heard you have some work. Anything interesting?" Dominic asked while Raul charged him the shells.

Serrano took his time to answer, and when he did it was a big load of info. "An associate of mine was supposed to be delivering a little something special. Not sure what, but it sounded mighty important, dangerous, not something to leave locked away in some museum. Not secure. Don't know where he found it, and I don't want to know, but the fact that I don't have it in my hands right this instant tells me that we have a problem. My friend is an idiot. Trusts the wrong the sort of people, and the courier making the delivery had other ideas. I need you to find it before something bad happens. Lucky for you I know just where to look. A gang calling themselves Los Muertos. I know, you're not in the business of killing 'humans,' but I'm sure you can work something out. Asshole thugs aren't worth much. Think of it as self defense. Or taking out the garbage. Whatever works. Also, Mr. Quinn sent a friend of his. Probably dead, but if you see them, well, might as well do something about it."

"I'll look into it." Dominic answered.

"My 'friend' was also overseeing a shipment of goods. Well, look how that turned out. I run a business, so I need you to get back my stolen merchandise. I'll throw in a little something for the trouble." Serrano added, going back into whatever he was doing beforehand.

"Alright. Thanks for the info." Dominic answered as he made his way out of the store to his car. This would be a fun night.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Eliza Andropov

The night was young. Eliza was in no hurry, though, as she rested in her apartment. She rented an apartment, the small size of the room and the fact that it didn't really need many stuffs aided her in her minimal attempt to put many furnitures inside. Regardless, the apartment room is sufficiently comfortable for her. She just had a maghrib pray, inside her apartment. It was not usual for her to spent so many time in her room, but she did it anyway. She just came after a small-scale exorcism involving a couple, whose wife was sort of possessed. She did possessed, but not for long as she cleaned her possession away. She remembered, of course, that she is looking for a job. Both Alexandra and Serrano offer and provide jobs for the hunters, like her. She decided to go to Alexandra, facing her face-to-face. For future references she would probably send messages, but now is not for that time.

She, of course, texted her.

Where are you, Alexa? Got a job for little old me?

And as expected, she did. Got it fast.

Yep. Meet me in front of the store.

She rode on her scooter to the store, and eventually slowed it down until she stopped in front of the building, a meat packaging plant as the front. She parked her scooter near the entrance gate, and she heard a whistle. "Over here!" she looked back, and saw her. Alexandra Wilkens. The other half of Alexander Wilkens. "Hi, there," Eliza started a conversation. "So, what's up? What do you have as a job, for me?" she inquired for further info. Alexandra nodded, as she stood there, not far from the entrance. "Do you know about that abandoned haunted house in the Baskerfield? Rumor has it that a kid was murdered there in the Seventies. Spooky, right?"

Eliza put an eyebrow. Alexandra seemed to relaxed for all of these, and from her knowledge, she rarely saw Hunters who also doubled as Exorcist. "So, you want me to exorcise it?" and Alexandra nodded. "Yes. Exorcise it, find why it's happening. But really, you need to investigate it first before checking whether or not it can be exorcised," she put it firmly. Eliza nodded, "Alright then. Thanks for the info," Alexandra nodded, grinning. Eliza put on her helmet and into her scooter.

"This gonna be great, if I able to end it well," she muttered in the end. She rode to the house.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Sister Hannah MacDougall
Victoria Harper

Sampson Way, Los Angeles, California / March 2017

Hannah figured it better to car pool after she received a text from Edward. After a short back and forth, the duo exchanged information so Hannah could pick up her supposed partner in crime: Victoria.

The woman herself was quiet, almost startlingly so, the woman content to simply stare out the window with a blank expression and not nary a single emotion in her eyes. Hannah couldn't help but wonder why, what was it that hurt the woman so as to make her so... lifeless? Hannah had seen the rather ragged scar on Victoria's head, but she seemed completely fine other than that, was she simply introverted, or was that scar the unfortunate reminder of what the woman once was? Questions that, unfortunately, would likely go unanswered. The woman remained ever so locked up, nothing more than single word answers. Yes, no, maybe. That was the extent of conversation from the woman. The implication of the chainsaw, leather clothing, motorcycle helmet, and chainsaw, were not at all endearing. Especially the chainsaw, as bloody as it seemed.

Though perhaps it wasn't unwanted, after all this was a business in which not all men and women of the night were willing to hear out alternatives to their lifestyles. So perhaps someone who was capable of jumping into a killing mindset would be healthy. Considering they were now answering the rather cryptic call of one of LAPD's finest, it was expected that dirty business would be stumbled upon.

As they pulled into the designated docks, the old station wagon's engine finally had some respite. Chugging off, the vehicle's ignition was keyed off, and the two young women sat in silence.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Monster Hunt: Fragment of Nothing
Abandoned House, West End Drive, Bakersfield, California

It was a long drive from Los Angeles to Frazier Park, a small hamlet due south of Bakersfield, California: 80 miles, on a scooter. The sun hadn't helped matters none. The day was hot, dry, and despite it being March the temperature had spiked to 82°F (27.8°C).

Eliza Andropov would spend another hour searching for the abandoned house. Alexandra Wilkens had no exact address, only a rough approximation. A vague idea of where to look. The locals weren't much help, not knowing, or choosing not to know. Having made no progress whatsoever, a sunburnt teenager stalking the aisles at the nearby Flying J would provide the barest hint of salvation, for a price, chips and a soda in exchange for intel. A name to the street. West End Drive. Eliza rode past the "street" not once but twice, little more than a dirt road that faded almost completely upon cresting the hill. The path was hard to follow. Treacherous, almost, for a scooter not rated for off-roading.

The farmhouse sat alone more than a mile from the nearest paved road, its yard bordered by a dense grove of trees. Worn. Decrepit. Paint peeling like a shedding skin. Grass was encroaching upon the abandoned home, tall and yellowed, untamed, intermixed with stubborn weeds as nature slowly reclaimed the plot of land.

The main entrance was locked. The rear entrance (leading to the kitchen) was locked, too, but the window in the door was broken so that one could carefully reach inside to unlock it. A window on the front of the house, second story, above the patio roof (leading to the kid's bedroom), was opened just enough to pry one's hands underneath, and with some effort it could be lifted completely if one was willing to risk the climb.

The living room was mostly bare. An old sofa. An Antique television. A fireplace. Everything covered in a thick layer of dust. Hanging on the wall were pictures, most destroyed, but the family portrait was intact: a man with his wife and son. The dining room was in a similar state with a wooden table and four chairs, one of which was smashed to bits. The others were scattered at random. The kitchen was typical for the 1970's with black-and-white linoleum stained by years of neglect. The smell of mold and mildew. The inside of the refrigerator ten-times worse. A cleaver was embedded into the wood of a cutting board. Unremovable. Hanging by a magnet a child's drawing. A crudely drawn boy holding the hands of his parents. The closets were empty mostly. Upstairs were the bedrooms and main bathroom. The master bedroom was completely empty, and showed signs of vandalism, teenagers looking to cause trouble. The kid's bedroom had been vandalized as well, bed upended, stained with something that could not be identified, a faint scent of decay. On the floor was an toy soldier. A plastic man holding a knife. The bathroom was nothing special, an off-yellow wallpaper with toilet, bathtub, and sink rimmed by the remnants of brown gunk.

Up a hidden staircase (recessed into the ceiling) the attic was mostly clear with only a few empty crates. In the far corner were the bits and pieces of toys. In their midst a teddy bear. Downstairs was the basement. Utilities, and a box that would not open, one that pulsed ever slightly with an unexplainable energy.

Eliza stood outside at the front of the house. She would need to find a way inside, and to explore.

The curtains to the attic window were slightly parted. As if someone were looking out.

Blood
Taylor Junction, Los Angeles, California

A little after midnight an unmarked LAPD Dodge Charger turned onto the two-lane road at Taylor Junction. It pulled up behind the station wagon, parked, with a modest distance, and a moment later went dark as the engine was killed. Another minute passed before a man stepped out. A bit haggard, and carrying a thick manilla folder. The glow of a cigarette in his mouth. Detective Jonathan Fisher approached, tossing the still-burning cigarette butt and rapping at the driver's winder with his knuckles, a quick tap, tap, tap. He peered inside at the two women, face unreadable, but likely expecting Edward or Stephen, most definitely not a nun and a punk. Not that beggars could be choosers.

He handed over the manilla folder. Inside were police reports, and several photographs. The first was a crime scene, two women with their necks torn open, yet, oddly, only the faintest trace of blood. The second was similar to the first. Two women, necks ripped into, no blood despite the injury. The last followed the pattern but with a third victim, an older woman, torn to pieces, and unlike the others she was caked in red.

"The first victims were killed three weeks ago," the detective said, lighting another cigarette with a puff of smoke. "Abigail Jensen and Ronda Darrows. Both twenty-three. Disappeared sometime Friday evening. Their bodies were discovered the next morning by a jogger. Necks torn open; no blood. Forensics say the bodies weren't dumped. Exactly a week later there was another killing. No relation to the first aside from the method and them being young women. A week later there was another." His voice hardened a bit. "Terri Whittaker and Teresa Mayes. Fifteen. Only difference being that grandma was home. She was butchered while the kids died the same as the others.

"Didn't make the connection until recently, when I was put on the last case. Had I known sooner about the others, well, we've had had this meeting a long time ago." He took a drag on his cigarette and allowed the smoke to drift from his nostrils. Then another look towards the nun, as if studying her, almost unbelieving that she, of all people, as a Hunter.

"I'm pretty sure you already know what I think it is," he continued. "The bastard has a pattern. Two victims, young women, always a week apart, and if things keep on then we'll have another murder in four days. Wish I had more to tell you, but we don't have any suspects, and the attacks seem to be random. No set hunting ground. I figured Quinn would know what to do. As much as I hate relying on you guys I don't think I have a choice. Who knows how many bodies there'll be once we catch up."

Detective Fisher looked back towards his squad car, down the street, as if waiting to see if anyone would dare follow. Paranoid, but professionally so. His cigarette glowed brighter as he inhaled the nicotine.

"Keep the folder. If you have anything, ask now, else I'll send Quinn anything LAPD digs up."
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Los Angeles, California / March 2017

A text rang on his phone. "Mary needs cardboard for a school project this next Friday. Can you get it for her?"

Dominic answered the text message with a simple "I'll pick it up when I get out of the office, love you." then shut his phone off and got inside his car. He now had another job to his to do list, not hunter related, but still a job to do once he had time. He opened up the GPS on his car and checked for the closest destination. The Union Pacific Railroad was the closest, with the cemetery being the farthest.

"Guess off to recover those stolen goods," Don't forget that cardboard. Dominic turned the engine on and immediately drove off from his parking place towards the railroad. Driving off east of 7th st he made it to the interstate 5. The trip was uneventful as Dominic listened to the music on the radio. CCR, one of his favorite bands.

The ominous darkness of the LA night along the lamps and lights of the highway made Dominic feel unease for a second or two, he didn't mind it and kept driving until finally getting off S Downey Road exit. The road led him straight to Noakes street, right off the railroad tracks. It was dark, only a few light posts here and there and the sound of the cars driving by on the 710 highway close by. Dominic parked his car right off Noakes street, he looked out the window for a few seconds, it was 10:00 PM, the sun was finally hidden away and there was not many people around, at most a few homeless people down the street but that was about it.

Dominic then crossed his hands and bowed on the wheel, closed his eyes and spoke in his native language. "Drogi panie, daj mi siłę w tym czasie niebezpieczeństwa, bo jestem twoim sługą." Dominic got out the car and back to the trunk. He opened it and revealed an large duffle bag, on the side it was a bullet prof vest and a ammo belt carrying shotgun shells. He grabbed the vest and put it on, securing it around his upper body over his brown leather jacket, he also go a load bearing vest on it. The load bearer had racks for shotgun shells, as well as a walkie talkie, and a UV flashlight. He settled the ammo belt around his chest and opened the duffle bag to reveal a Winchester 1897 shotgun. The shotgun had a cut down stock and a flash light attached on the side of the barrel, the hunter took it out and began loading the shells in it, 6 to be precise. He also grabbed a sheathed trench knife from the same bag, setting the knife on his belt he turned his attention to the railroad tracks, he took a breath and prepared for whatever he would encounter.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I do as I please"

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Eliza Andropov

The ride was so long she almost regretted that she drove her scooter this far. Her back is achy from all of this driving. She'd better finds out about the house and the inside sooner or later. She took a rest and bought chips and soda for a teenager who able to provided even the barest clue. She rested with water, and sandwich. It took her another bottle of water before she continued based on that teenager's clue. Eventually she arrived at the farmhouse, and she put it in her mind to replaces her scooter with something four-wheeled. She able to afford one, and the scooter is not a cheap drive as well. She can adds it as more money to buy a car. But that has to wait.

She put her scooter around while scouted for an entrance. Hmm, the main entrance was locked, as well as the rear entrance. She tried to go to the rear entrance after that, only to found the door locked. The window's open, though. She carefully reached the knob inside with her hand, and attempted to turn it around. It didn't exactly worked, but after a couple of try, it did sort of...broke. Well, the knob's old, so there's that. She opened the door, carefully.

The living room was mostly bare. An old sofa. An Antique television. A fireplace. Everything covered in a thick layer of dust. Hanging on the wall were pictures, most destroyed, but the family portrait was intact: a man with his wife and son. The dining room was in a similar state with a wooden table and four chairs, one of which was smashed to bits. The others were scattered at random. The kitchen was typical for the 1970's with black-and-white linoleum stained by years of neglect. The smell of mold and mildew. The inside of the refrigerator ten-times worse. A cleaver was embedded into the wood of a cutting board. Unremovable. Hanging by a magnet a child's drawing. A crudely drawn boy holding the hands of his parents. The closets were empty mostly. Upstairs were the bedrooms and main bathroom. The master bedroom was completely empty, and showed signs of vandalism, teenagers looking to cause trouble. The kid's bedroom had been vandalized as well, bed upended, stained with something that could not be identified, a faint scent of decay. On the floor was an toy soldier. A plastic man holding a knife. The bathroom was nothing special, an off-yellow wallpaper with toilet, bathtub, and sink rimmed by the remnants of brown gunk.

Well, this is certainly haunting, that's for sure. She put her smartphone and put on the adzan. It is an effective method of dispelling any evil spirits inside the house. She prepared red spice smokes at the living room and at the kitchen. She put out her flashlight and gun on hand. Why she put it outside, she has no idea. Alexandra obviously gave her the context of spirits around. But that is the only weapon that can hurts someone physically.

"If there is anyone here, please respond," she called out.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:26 am

Connor Davis

Connor listened in on Raul's briefing on the mission as he perused through the various items set out around the room. He took a few boxes of ammo for his pistol, setting them on the table Raul was situated at along with money to pay for them. He’d been to the small market before, but this would be his first time he’d go on a mission on Raul's behalf.

“I’d be happy to help with that job. Finding things is my specialty,” he stated. Raul took the money and slid the boxes over to Connor. “Try not to get killed," was the only response he got in return. Connor took the boxes and left, headed for his car. The Jeep was parked on the opposite side of the street, and was the only vehicle there, aside from a nondescript car. He crossed the road, looking both ways as he went out of habit.

He took a deep breath, inhaling the cool night air. LA was sweltering during the day, but it was bearable at night. Connor hopped into his Jeep and started it, the engine roaring to life moments later. He drove off in the general direction of the gang's hideaway, knowing full well he’d have to be careful not to draw attention to himself. It took him around an hour to pull up on Romaine street, parking his car in a subtle location. Connor hopped out, making sure he had his weapon along with extra magazines which he tucked into his jacket, then began making his way down the dim street.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:48 am

Leon Withers
Near the Los Muertos Hideout

Leon popped the lid on his flask and took a pull of warm whiskey. Jameson. Smooth shit. He relaxed in his seat and went over the details of the job in his head.

Raul hadn't specified exactly what he was supposed to retrieve, but he had the name of the man who was supposed to have it: Gillian Tindol. Leon's bet was that these gangsters Tindol had put his faith in had crossed him for whatever it was he had found, and now he was probably captive, getting the shit beat out of him. Or worse.

Leon was nervous, hence the liqour. He had never killed a man, though he had served in the army. He hoped he could avoid it tonight. He had no respect for thugs, but he did respect the sanctity of life.

A car pulled onto Romaine, headlights washing over him. He shielded his eyes and squinted as it parked along the curb. The lights dimmed as the vehicle shut off and a man emerged. Raul had told him there was another guy, and so far the vehicle matched the description.

Leon watched him for a moment. He was young, red hair, big jacket. White. Definitely packing, from the way he carried himself. Leon popped the glovebox open and shoved his flask inside before stepping out of the car. After lighting a smoke, he let out a soft but sharp whistle to see if he could get his attention.
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Blood
Taylor Junction, Los Angeles, California

As a car pulled in behind them, both women tensed, their eyes to the mirrors. Hannah's hand went down to a fold in her habit, leading to a small gap in which she could easily reach the hand cannon strapped to her leg. Though as the car keyed off, and a man stepped out, Hannah relaxed a bit, she may have been a bit naive, but she knew the telltale signs of an unmarked cruiser when she saw one.

The detective strode up to the vehicle, tapping on the window, Hannah obliged by rolling it down, before having a folder, as well as exposition, all but shoved into her face. She gingerly opened it, gazing upon it's contents as the detective gave them the run down.

"Abigail Jensen and Ronda Darrows. Both twenty-three. Disappeared sometime Friday evening. Their bodies were discovered the next morning by a jogger. Necks torn open; no blood. Forensics say the bodies weren't dumped. Exactly a week later there was another killing. No relation to the first aside from the method and them being young women. A week later there was another."

As Hannah looked at the picture, she couldn't help but wonder if they felt the same horror she did those few years ago. Her hand unconsciously drifting to the spot on her neck, where the ragged scars of a vampire's jaw remained. Beside her, Victoria leaned over, taking her own look at the photos.

"Terri Whittaker and Teresa Mayes. Fifteen. Only difference being that grandma was home. She was butchered while the kids died the same as the others. Didn't make the connection until recently, when I was put on the last case. Had I known sooner about the others, well, we've had had this meeting a long time ago."

Hannah nodded, "That's understandable." her voice still a bit distant, still in the past, thinking about how different that night could've been.

"The bastard has a pattern. Two victims, young women, always a week apart, and if things keep on then we'll have another murder in four days. Wish I had more to tell you, but we don't have any suspects, and the attacks seem to be random. No set hunting ground. I figured Quinn would know what to do. As much as I hate relying on you guys I don't think I have a choice. Who knows how many bodies there'll be once we catch up."

As the man continued, Hannah couldn't help but see something as a bit odd about the bodies. Judging from Victoria's response, she was thinking the same, "There's two sets of teeth. Different sizes as well."

Hannah hummed, "Mhm." as she started flipping through the files, she glanced back up at the detective, "Thank you, Detective. We'll be sure to let you know if there's anything we need help with. I hope you have a wonderful evening."
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Connor Davis
Near Los Muertos hideout

Connor's eyes snapped from the road over to the location he heard the whistle. He was walking in the direction it came from, so he wouldn’t be deviating from his path to investigate. He kept his hands in his pockets, his right hand holding his weapon, which wouldn’t be hard to spot if someone looked close enough.

He ran through the list of characteristics Leon fit into immediately. He was older than him, forties, he guessed. He carried himself like some kind of veteran, and knowing he was an ally, Connor assumed he was a seasoned hunter. That would be useful.

After a drawn out silence, Connor spoke up. “So, any ideas on where we should begin?”

He looked at the hideout, scanning over it thoroughly. Getting in would be the easy part, but locating the prisoner and the stolen items would be harder. They would need to figure out a plan before actually entering. The idea of splitting up crossed Connor's mind. They’d be able to tackle different goals faster, but at the risk of being alone and vulnerable. Unlike his comrade, Connor had no qualms over the lives of the thugs. He believed he would only need to act out of self defense.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 am

Leon Withers
Los Muertos Compound

Leon chuckled. "Hell no. Raul didn't give me too many details." He followed Connor's gaze for a moment before sliding around to the back of his vehicle and popping the trunk. He lifted the lid of a hidden compartment and withdrew his AK-47 and a few extra magazines. Depositing these in his satchel, he moved back to join Connor.

"No tellin' how many goons are inside, but I imagine they aren't just gonna let us waltz in and start asking questions." He flicked away the smoldering stub of his cigarette and continued, "I don't know how you prefer to work, but we might have a better shot as a team on this thing. Though if you prefer to go all lone ranger about it, I won't stop you."

Leon flashed a grin. A trained and disciplined shooter, his mind had transitioned into what he called "combat-brain" rather easily. "Maybe one of us should go after Tindol while the other looks for the artifact. Thing is, how do we know what we are looking for?"
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
MDE never dies

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:10 am

Connor Davis
Los Muertos hideout

Connor thought for a moment before speaking. “Wherever they have the most guards would be a good place to start.” He suggested. Connor figured Gillian would have less security than the artifact, given she was probably deemed harmless at this point. He wasn’t as trained in combat as Leon, though, and wouldn’t fare well alone against a large amount of thugs.

“Let's work together. If they find out we're there, we can split up. Hopefully it won’t come to that, though.”

Connor crossed the street, moving in the direction of the compound. He wasn’t stupid, he’d done surveillance before. Connor had looked the area up online, finding a satellite image of the area. He counted the entrances he could, though some weren’t easy to spot and were bound to be locked up.

He motioned for Leon to follow, headed for the side of the building, hoping there wouldn’t be any guards there.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:28 am

Leon Withers
Los Muertos Hideout

"Wherever they have the most guards would be a good place to start."

It bothered Leon to be "winging it" in such a dangerous situation. Such was the nature of the job and, given the situation, he figured the pair didn't have much of a choice. The logic was sound enough, anyway. The kid motioned for Leon to follow. He nodded and obliged without hesitation, eyes and ears scanning for any indication of an enemy presence.

Connor moved with purpose, like he had done his homework on the compound itself. Leon respected that. He might be young, but he wasn't a fool. Leon crouched down and followed his lead, ready to cover him if they were noticed.
MDE never dies

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Los Muertos
Los Muertos Hideout, Los Angeles, California

A high-performance engine could be heard fast approaching, echoed slightly by the empty streets, tires squealing as the vehicle attacked the corner a bit too fast, headlamps flashing across Connor Davis and Leon Withers in a blinding brilliance. The red Honda Civic slowed as it approached the two would-be Hunters. "You idiots are gonna end up dead," said Stephen Quinn, killing the engine. He wasn't alone. Adam MacKinnon was riding shotgun with the masked Los Tiburón peering out from the backseat. The trio joined the others in the shadows of the gang hideaway. "Two of you against however many of them? Great odds."

Stephen, wearing a nondescript kevlar vest overtop his casual attire, stepped past Connor and Leon without another glance. He approached the door, tried the handle, and found it unlocked, surprisingly, the gang inside likely believing themselves more than capable of handling any would-be intruders. Or they simply forgot to lock up. Didn't matter.

The building was somewhat recent, possibly constructed sometime in the last fifty years, but had been abandoned during the financial downturn about a decade ago. An effort to modernize the building had started at some point but that, too, had been abandoned, and the structure was left vacant, at least until becoming a prime location for the local gang. Los Muertos. Homegrown, but believed to maintain close ties with the Mexican cartels. Had played smart, staying off the radar, all the while assimilating the smaller crews, and now they were too big for LAPD to tackle. Not without a major inducement. Los Muertos were bad, real bad, but they knew which lines not to cross, and until they made themselves a priority target the local police had no intention of being involved. To them Los Muertos were nothing more than the newest brand of street thug. If only they knew just how deep their pockets ran.

Justice would come in the form of unlikely vigilantes.

"We should stick together. A group is gonna have an easier time of things than someone running off solo," said Stephen, adopting the role of unelected leader. He unholstered his sidearm and checked that it was loaded with safety off. "The artifact should be our number one priority. No telling what it does, if anything, but we don't need it being used against us. Gill is probably dead, but on the off-chance that they're not, well, we'll save 'em if we find them. Anyone have anything to add before we begin?"

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Connor Davis
Los Muertos Hideout

Connor was momentarily blinded by the oncoming vehicle, he covered his eyes to defend against the rays. He let out a sigh once he realized the newcomers weren’t hostile towards them. He took his own weapon out once the others placed themselves ahead, commenting on Stephen's criticism.

“We made it this far,” he said, tone filled with sarcasm. “I’m ready when you are.”

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Almost immediately there was a noise. A knock, knock, knock sounding from the basement, so subtle that it went unheard for a very long moment, consistent at a slow, deliberate pace, like knuckles tapping away on hardwood. Eliza paused, and slowly made her way towards the basement door, using her flashlight to peer down into the black nothingness below. The knocking continued unabated. Louder. A slight echo. Knock, knock, knock. Eliza slowly made her way downstairs, steps creaking at each and every step, but when she reached the bottom the noise stopped, the air stifled in musty silence. The basement was unfinished. An old furnace and boiler dominated the one corner near a decrepit washer/dryer pair, white turned a sickly shade of peeling yellow, and in the other a few abandoned crates, empty, except for one that would not open despite having no obvious lock. Eliza could sense nothing unusual with the box, but it was warm to the touch.

A giggle, low yet high-pitched, like that of a young child, in Eliza's ear directly behind her. She whipped around to see nothing. Just the empty basement. The flashlight cut through the darkness like a knife, slicing back-and-forth, but she was alone despite the ominous feeling of being watched. Another noise. Footsteps on the floor above. She hurried up to the living room as whatever she chased hurried up the stairs to the second floor.

The red spice was still burning; the adzan playing from where she'd left her phone on a small table in the living room.

Eliza continued up the main staircase, and turning to look down the small hallway she could see the shadow of a young boy with messy hair peering from the bathroom doorway before quickly disappearing inside, door slamming shut behind him. Eliza tried to follow but the door was locked. She put her weight against it but made no progress.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The noise was loud and sudden. Eliza, startled, stumbled back away from the door, back resting against the opposite wall, a tattered picture frame resting askew at head-height. The knocking continued for another few seconds, the door shaking ever slightly with each impact, and then it was done, and the door opened a fraction of an inch, the overhead lamp on inside, bright against the muted bleakness of the abandoned home, like an artificial sun. Eliza steadied herself, and then she stepped inside. The bathroom was normal. Dirty, but there was no sign of the boy or any disturbances. She checked the shower and bathtub, behind the door, the toilet if only to be absolutely thorough for fear she may overlook the smallest of details. Nothing. The sink, too, was empty of any clues, but the mirror of the medicine cabinet was caked in years of grime, and scratched into the filth was a simple note, a warning:

PLEASE LEAVE
Eliza studied the message, but was distracted by more footsteps directly above in the attic, rapid, as if someone was running, and she followed their movement with a turn of the head before looking back into the mirror.

There was a man behind her in the open doorway.

She tried to turn, but the man was faster, reaching out in an awkward lunge that was more a punch than a grab, slamming her against the mirror which shattered on impact before pulling her back to throw her from the bathroom. She hit the wall, struggled to remain standing upright, but crumpled to the floor, drops of blood seeping from a cut on her cheek. The figure approached, a glint of metal in its hands. Eliza scrambled away as the cleaver dug into the wall. She forced herself up to her feet, turning to face the man with handgun raised, but the figure was already upon her, another lunge, and she fell backwards down the stairs, rolling, and landing at the bottom in the living room with a small pain in her right ankle. Ignoring the ache, she stood, weapon on the floor a few feet away, and looking up the stairwell to the landing above she could see now the man attacking her. Massive, significantly taller than herself, shirtless with well-defined muscles like that of an action figure, an eyeless sack tied around its head, cleaver in its hands. It appeared solid but not quite. Its existence twitching in and out of reality.

The spirit walked out of sight and reappeared instantly downstairs through the kitchen doorway. It knocked aside the table, cellphone falling to the floor, adzan still droning. The red spice burnt out. There came a deep chill, and a guttural shout as the spirit raised the cleaver for another lunge.

Eliza moved fast, reaching for her gun, almost falling but she steadied herself, and with a quick aim she fired as the spirit stepped forward, the bullet striking its head which exploded into a mess of shadowy ether. The spirit stumbled, and slowly its wound "healed" as it reformed back into shape. A few seconds later and the spirit was back up, unharmed, rolling its neck as if to sooth a strain, and then it lunged again. Eliza fired twice more, striking the spirit, but again the bullets were little more than a temporary deterrent.

She would need to think of something else, and fast.

Shipping Not Included
Union Pacific Railroad, Los Angeles, California

The railroad was abandoned this late in the night. No personnel, and security had been paid to take the night off. Locomotives sat in silence atop their tracks, engines cold, sleeping giants amidst a sea of shipping containers and railcars. The perfect meeting place. No prying eyes to bear witness to the exchange of goods.

Los Muertos had acquired some illicit weapons and were looking to sell. The gang stood at one end of a small clearing — a square with two parallel sides fenced off by idle trains, one a series of boxcars and the other flatcars — cars parked haphazardly, a box truck in their center with rear open, several crates stacked inside. On the other end were the prospective buyers. Men in suits. Sharply dressed as opposed to the gang. Their sedan, too, was a luxury model. They watched one another warily as their representatives discussed terms on neutral ground. A crate sat open between them. A sample of the goods.

The cartel representative asked where the weapons had been acquired as he examined a rifle. An M16A2. Military. Not the newest of hardware but notably more advantageous against civilian limitations. "We intercepted a shipment," the gang representative answered. Younger than the other man with tattoos on his bare arms. "All we got, and it needs to be gone ASAP, so let's cut a deal. Special price for the whole lot. We'll even throw in the truck."

The other man paused to consider the offer, slow and deliberate, turning the rifle in his hands, examining the surface like an artisan examining a gemstone, inspecting every facet for even the most minute of imperfections. Then he raised the rifle and squeezed the trigger with the barrel nearly pressed to the thug's chest. Nothing. Empty. The gang tensed, as if readying for a fight, whereas the cartel stood their ground. Outnumbered but with enough confidence to overcome such a simple fact. The gang representative paled slightly but didn't flinch. The cartel representative seemed impressed, as if the younger man had passed some sort of test, and then nodded. He returned the rifle to its crate and then offered his hand to shake on the deal. They shook as they finalized the details of the deal. The cartel would take all they had for a reasonably fair price. Truck included.

As this was happening, Baranski was moving closer to the meeting using the trains as cover. He was on the gang side of the clearing, and peering in-between the railcars he could see the truck, cabin empty, the gang's attention elsewhere. One, a man with dirty blond hair, turned to look at the yard, as if paranoid, but Baranski ducked into cover and went unnoticed.

He crossed the tracks, closer, but the meeting was ending and the gang turning to close up. Another thug looked into the darkness as if he'd seen something, even mentioned it to a buddy of his, but a shout to get back to work hurried them and the matter was dropped. The errant crate was reloaded, the truck shut, locked, and the keys offered to a cartel driver who'd see to delivering the goods where they needed to be. Another was carrying a suitcase. The first half of their payment. The deal done, the gang was returning to their cars and the cartel to theirs. In another minute they'd be leaving the railroad.

Baranski would need to act if he wished to reclaim the missing shipment.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:32 pm

James Brown

Among the usual hustle and bustle of lazily-moving late-night traffic of the luxury cars of aging businessmen, upstarting tech entrepreneurs, and feverish celebrities, and the worn-out automobiles of third-shift workers all traveling up and down the 110 was an ancient, rusty red relic of an F-150 from the Seventies, with dim amber headlights disappearing into the night. Inside the near-silent, pitch-black leather and cloth cabin was a man as much of an ancient relic to the city of Los Angeles as his truck; simply going by Jim or no otherwise whatever name those around him dictated at the time, the farmer-turned-Hunter appeared as gloomy as the night, dressed like a caricature of the Wild West, with armor hidden under his clothing. He listened to the muffled grumbling of the old truck's sturdy engine that'd survived decades of wear and tear; it was the only noise that he cared to hear at the moment. Too many thoughts slithered and raced through his mind, and he could only help to listen to their deafening silence. On the inside, he was nervous at the prospect of this mission, with it being one of his first since abandoning his old life a year ago.

On the outside, he was emotionless. Still. Quiet like the midnight countryside. His hands became guided by steel and silver, and would soon enough taste blood. Human blood. In one way at least, it worried him; in another, it did nothing but harden his mind and turn his heart to stone. He already had his taste of death before, and it did nothing but numb and embitter him; it would not dissuade him from a second taste, this time from the criminal.

Criminals. Thieves, rapists, and murderers. His actions would be justice that night.

Turning eastward down Washington Boulevard, the man couldn't help but take pause and glance at a silvery necklace loosely hanging from the mirror; it was a simple crucifix, something his wife wore daily with beaming pride. It was one of the last mementos he had. He sighed, turned his focus back to the road, and drove on through the dull night in silence.

"Wonder what Serrano's got in this shipment that's so important," Jim quietly mused to himself, imagining what an old arms-dealer could possibly find valuable besides the many weapons he sold. Not being well acquainted with Serrano, he figured it a myriad of things, some whimsical and some morose in nature. It didn't matter much besides being a means to pass the time in the somber drive to the Union Pacific, seeing as he'd be getting his pay all the same. In truth, he'd've preferred going along with one of the numerous groups that were away hunting monsters, but he had to make due with Serrano's job. As long as he had something to do, he told himself as justification.

The Hunter soon pulled north onto Ayers Avenue and parked on the street, where he killed the engine to his old, beat-up truck and pocketed his keys. Leaning back in after stepping out, the rugged man took both his hat from the dashboard - which he promptly put on - and his sheathed sword from the passenger seat. A cold chill met his back then, causing his poncho to billow lightly and his hat to try and fly with the wind; he caught it at the brim and replaced it more firmly on his head. He then took the two-hander by it's red, velvety grip and drew it partway, took pause, then sheathed it again after its silver-steel blade glistened in the moonlight.

"Too obvious," he remarked, "they'd see me from a mile away."

The Hunter stopped a brief moment to fasten the sheath across his waist before closing up and locking his truck and taking a late-night stroll down Ayers Avenue to the meeting point of the Los Muertos. At least one companion of his - if not more - should've been there by now, lurking in the shadows of the railroad and eavesdropping on the meeting. He was unsure if his approach would bring him in a direct meeting with his own or not, but it didn't matter so long as they were around. All around him on the quiet suburban street was silence, save for the half-loud-smack-smacking of his boots on the asphalt turned to a gentle thud on sand, clay, and earth as he crossed a field to the eventless tracks.

Hushed beasts of steel and coal dotted the rails, unmoving like slumbering animals in a pasture. Tails of train cars were behind them; Jim himself quietly weaved between the gaps of them, eyes darting through the shadows to ensure safe movement. Minute after minute passed, and he began to have his doubts; had he even gone to the right place? Determined yet to see the job through, he pushed on. At last, he happened by chance upon the meeting point, where he was hidden away far enough to be unseen in the darkness yet near enough to get a clear picture of what was taking place. It seemed, at that moment, the meeting was reaching its conclusion; and, it seemed, no other Hunter was around, from his perspective. Going in alone like a madman with nothing but a sword against two well-armed groups was absolute suicide.

Resigning himself to his dark alcove on the railway, he watched and waited for his opportunity to strike.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They call me Torra, but you can call me... anytime (☞⌐■_■)☞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTICE 1: Anything depicted IC on this nation does NOT reflect my IRL views or values, and is not endorsed by me.
NOTICE 2: Most RP and every OOC post by me prior to 2023 are no longer endorsed nor tolerated by me. I've since put on my adult pants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Los Muertos

A high-performance engine could be heard fast approaching, echoed slightly by the empty streets, tires squealing as the vehicle attacked the corner a bit too fast, headlamps flashing across Connor Davis and Leon Withers in a blinding brilliance. The red Honda Civic slowed as it approached the two would-be Hunters. "You idiots are gonna end up dead," said Stephen Quinn, killing the engine. He wasn't alone. Adam MacKinnon was riding shotgun with the masked Los Tiburón peering out from the backseat. The trio joined the others in the shadows of the gang hideaway. "Two of you against however many of them? Great odds."

Stephen, wearing a nondescript kevlar vest overtop his casual attire, stepped past Connor and Leon without another glance. He approached the door, tried the handle, and found it unlocked, surprisingly, the gang inside likely believing themselves more than capable of handling any would-be intruders. Or they simply forgot to lock up. Didn't matter.

The building was somewhat recent, possibly constructed sometime in the last fifty years, but had been abandoned during the financial downturn about a decade ago. An effort to modernize the building had started at some point but that, too, had been abandoned, and the structure was left vacant, at least until becoming a prime location for the local gang. Los Muertos. Homegrown, but believed to maintain close ties with the Mexican cartels. Had played smart, staying off the radar, all the while assimilating the smaller crews, and now they were too big for LAPD to tackle. Not without a major inducement. Los Muertos were bad, real bad, but they knew which lines not to cross, and until they made themselves a priority target the local police had no intention of being involved. To them Los Muertos were nothing more than the newest brand of street thug. If only they knew just how deep their pockets ran.

Justice would come in the form of unlikely vigilantes.

"We should stick together. A group is gonna have an easier time of things than someone running off solo," said Stephen, adopting the role of unelected leader. He unholstered his sidearm and checked that it was loaded with safety off. "The artifact should be our number one priority. No telling what it does, if anything, but we don't need it being used against us. Gill is probably dead, but on the off-chance that they're not, well, we'll save 'em if we find them. Anyone have anything to add before we begin?"

Adam didnt know the other two hunter all that well. But it isn't to hard to bump elbows with other hunters when you all go to the same illicit weapons dealer/meat market. That is how he had meet Stephen Quinn, and how he had learned about this job. It also looked like two others hunters had decided to take on Rauls offer to get the artifact, and the person, out of the hands of the gang. As far as Adam was concerned, these thugs where starting to step into dangerous terretory and had to be put back in there place before the screwed something up.

"How many of these assholes are even in there?"
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:01 am

Dominic had remained unnoticed, but the crates had been loaded up to the truck and were getting ready to leave on said truck. It had been a miracle that he had been able to avoid any of the thugs investigating further, as they began to get into their own vehicles Dominic made way towards the Cartel's side. He was careful not to make any noise, keeping his shotgun aimed up and ready for anyone that would spot him, turning around to keep tabs on his rear he kept moving from track to track, using the the darkness of night and the massive stilled trains as cover. As he moved in between the massive trains his heart pumped quicker and quicker by the second and his body was dripping with sweat. He should've brought someone else with him, this could potentially end with his death easy, but at the end of the day he knew what he had signed up for. The clock was ticking fast and he needed to get closer to the truck as he could. He hope that there would be another fellow Hunter in the area, but it was wishful thinking. Dominic began to hustle up, moving quicker while keeping his shotgun ready.

He made it to the Cartel side of the yard, where vehicles were at. One of the narcs was heading to the door to get inside the truck, he was mere meters away as he dangled the given keys and the others were getting to their cars. It was a matter of second before they went off with the shipment, Dominic would not allow that to happen. They're not getting away! Dominic finally revealed himself from the dark of the shadows, he quickly took aim at the Cartel's sedan car and unloaded two shots. The first one went off to hit the cartel member opening the passenger seat right on center mass. The cartel member was pushed back, hitting the opened car door and the second shot finally killing him with a shot right on his upper body. The cartels member's once clean sharp suit now covered in blood and penetrated with pellets all over. The lifeless cartel member now laid dead on the ground.

A second quick round by Dominic hit the rear window of the car, it was bullet proofed and did nothing but create a massive oval of broken glass covered in pellets. The cartel member in the driver seat was already freaking out as he tried to start the car and get his pistol out from his jacket.

"Que chingados!" He yelled as he tried to start the engine, his hands freaking out as he then dropped the key and finally used his right hand to pull out his nickel plated 1911 pistol from his jacket and aimed it at the opened door, expecting the assailant of his fellow cartel member to appear. Dominic's third quick round hit the opened passenger section of the vehicle. Already at the box truck carrying the shipment the two cartel members were pulling out their weapons. The gangers also pulled out theirs. The two cartel members aimed their pistols at the gangers who aimed their weapons at the Cartel members. Both sides believed one was double crossing the other.

"Pinche rata! Ya sabia que algo tramaban!" The cartel member with the briefcase yelled.

"What the fuck are you talking about! We ain't got nothing on you fools!" The lead ganger yelled. Both groups were now uneasy and confused about what was happening.

Dominic for his part quickly began to move in a semi crouching position as he approached the sedan opened right side. The cartel member inside fired his pistol at the sight of Dominic, firing one round before Dominic then unloaded two shells on him, a bloody mess inside the car was apparent. The cartel member's upper body and face had been turned into a red unrecognizable mush. The two Cartel members that remained were not stupid as to start a firefight with the people that outnumbered them. They turned their guns on their own sedan and fired. The gang members did the same as they realized really no side could've really benefited from backstabbing the other. Dominic quickly slid into the cover of the sedan as he began to load up new shells, one by one as he kept looking around for anyone that could flank him.

The two sides concentrated their fire on the car, bullets either bouncing off due to the armor plating or getting stuck in the bulletproofed glass. Dominic was loading up his shotgun, keeping a small peak through the opened inside of the car to see what was happening on the other side. Some of the gang members were looking around frantically believing this to be a possible police raid. The firing from the Mexican cartels and the gang members began to dwindle as they reloaded, Dominic readied himself as he looked through the glass for what they would do. The gang leader waved at his cronies.

"Yo, Marco, Ramiro and Pablo, go and flank this asswipe." The mentioned Muertos gangers began to move up towards the shot out Sedan car, the two cartel members left keeping their guns aimed, so did the other gang members. It was quiet as they moved in, Dominic kept a tight grip on his gun as the three gangers approached, they were coming towards the left, their 9mm pistols aimed at the car.

Marco then quietly addressed Pablo. "Eh wey, go up on that train and wait for us to get close to him." As the two on the left approached the one on Pablo began to make his way right to a train close by and used it as cover.

Dominic took the chance to blind fire his shotgun on the gang members coming from the left, firing two rounds. The two gang members panicked and shot their weapons at the car, Dominic went prone on the floor and quickly rolled over to two quick shots. One hitting a gang member with a green Mexican soccer shirt right in the chest sending him flying back and falling on the ground dead, the next round hitting the second and younger looking gang member in the arm, splitting it open and sending his pistol flying in the air. The ganger let out a scream of pain as he began to crawl his way back to the cars, holding onto his split limb.

"Kills this puto!" The ganger yelled in anger.

The cartel members and gang members fired their weapons at the car again, unloading their magazines on it until running dry and having to reload yet again. The gang member at the train kept his position without firing his weapon, he wanted to get the drop on the motherfucker who had killed Marco and hurt Ramiro.

His shotgun didn't have the range to kill, but Dominic blind fired his shotgun fast and nonstop, causing the pellets to disperse on the enemy and managing to make them take cover themselves.

The cartel member with the keys to the truck then began making way to the trucks passenger seat, which was off the range from whomever was shooting. The man got inside and moved to start the truck. As he loaded up his shotgun, Dominic could hear the sound of the truck being start. He need to prevent it from leaving. Dominic fired two more shotgun rounds at the enemy as he went inside the Sedan, putting his shotgun on the strap and grabbing the dead Cartel's 1911 he fired at the truck's windows and trying to hit the tires as well. The right side's passenger windows were shattered and one of the back tires was blown off, Dominic then took cover again as the enemy began firing again. Dominic had been mere inches away from getting his fingers blown off. What could he do now? he was outnumbered and the truck was leaving, the cartel member having started it and driving off to the train yard's exit. He looked around the car, the keys were down on the driver's seat rug. Guess it would be better than nothing.

"Lord please guide me through this..." Dominic then picked up the keys and grabbed the dead Cartel and pulled him out of the car through the passenger seat. The windows were being covered in bullets as he moved to driver seat and connected the keys to the ignition, he started the car. And began switched the gear from parked to drive. He then drove forward and made a circle to begin chase on the truck, the passenger seat still wide open and the Cartel and Gangers getting more confused at what was happening.

Pablo finally took the chance to fire at the car from his position, hitting the opened passenger seat and making Dominic flinch. The ganger managed to scrape Dominic's leg before the force from the forward drive finally pushed the opened door back and closed it. Dominic then began to drive off in pursuit of the truck.

They kept firing at the car as it drove forward towards the truck. Their semi automatic handguns couldn't do much against the fast moving vehicle which got away from their line of sight towards the direction the truck had moved on to. The truck was already heading out towards the yards exit gate and Dominic took little concern over the speed he was driving the car in as he fasten the seat belt and kept maneuvering the car. He turned right and then left doing through several of the spaces of the stilled trains of the yard and towards the perimeter fences were he then turned to drive alongside them and towards the exit gate aiming to hit the trucks front.

As the truck got closed to the exit the cartel driver smiled at the fact that despite the deal becoming a shitfest the shipment would arrive to its dully owner soon enough. Then a shining light came off from the right side of his face, he looked at it.

"NO MAME-" The cartel driver was shut off by a strong collision between the Sedan and the truck.

A loud crashing sound as the truck and the Sedan collided, the Sedan hitting the trucks front and pushing it off from the exit gate onto one of the trains. The driver was completely knocked all over from the hit as he went dangling to the side and then up to the roof and back to the seat, suffering a concussion and a broken arm.

Dominic for his part had an air bag all over his face and severe chest and back pain. The front of the Sedan car made a complete wreck and so was the trucks right side, smoke coming out of the Sedan's engine, at least the truck was in semi usable conditions. With most tires still intact Dominic could drive it back to his car where he could get the crates up on his car. Dominic was alive and could still move, the seat belts had done their job, but his whole body was aching. He opened the door, and unbuckled the seat belt. His shotgun still strapped and the 1911 pistol in his hand as he got out of the car. He moved towards the back of the truck and then to the left side, his pistol aimed with his right hand while keeping his left one on his stomach. He moved slowly and carefully to the front of the truck, expecting the cartel driver to be inside and easy to deal with.

Dominic was about to open the door to the driver's seat only for it to be pushed back and hit his hand, making him drop the pistol to the ground. Then the driver of the truck jumped on him, the two men dropping to the floor. The cartel member began to choke Dominic, keeping his two hands tightly on the Hunter's throat the cartel member was slowly suffocating him to death.

"MUERETE CABRON!" The cartel member said to the suffocating Polish American Hunter.

Dominic kept trying to find anything that he could take advantage off, his hands all over the Cartel's face and then noticing the injured left arm Dominic began hitting it hard multiple times, lessening the grip of the Cartel on his throat and finally being able to give him a solid punch with his right arm. Dominic pushed the cartel off him, the cartel quickly began crawling to the pistol on the ground near the truck's tire. Dominic then jumped on the cartel's back and tried to pull him away from grabbing the gun, the cartel simply kicked the weakening Hunter off him and took a hold of the 1911, as he began to draw it towards the Hunter, the Cartel then felt a pain in his abdomen, followed by another more severe pain, then another and another. Dominic had stabbed his trench knife right on the Cartel's stomach, doing so multiple times to make sure he would kill him.

The cartel began spitting blood as he tried one last ditch effort to aim the pistol, at Dominic, only for the Hunter to rush to it and grab it from his dying hand put the safety on and holster it on his vest. The cartel member was dead shortly after and the truck had been prevented from leaving, alongside the shipment.

Dominic for his part was injured and his nose was bleeding. He already knew the rest of the gang members would be following his track, unless they had gotten busy with something or someone else, which was what he hoped in all honesty. But at least he had enough time to get ready if they did come back, grabbing the 1911 and checking the magazine he noticed it was almost dry. Dominic went back to the Sedan where he found several magazines for the weapon inside the glove compartment, they would come in handy. He holstered the weapon again and readied his shotgun, going off to hide and get the drop on whoever was coming his way.
"I do as I please"

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Leon Withers
Los Muertos Hideout

"Wait a minute."

Leon stopped. He focused on the sound of an engine. It had started as a distant whine, but as it got closer he recognized it. Leon turned to face the vehicle as it approached, and he was relieved when Stephen Quinn stepped out.

"Cavalry's here."

He noted the two other men who emerged as well. One of them was masked, and he didn't recognize the other one.

"You two idiots are gonna end up dead."

He let that roll off his back. The arrogance didn't impress him, but he held Stephen's great-uncle in high esteem.  He wasn't wrong about the odds, anyway.

Leon observed the way the young Hunter took charge even as he brushed past them. Now there was something notable. He grinned at Connor and turned to give a nod to the two other before turning his attention back to Stephen as he laid out a plan.

"...anyone have anything to add before we begin?"

"Cowboy the fuck up, gentlemen."
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDE never dies

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Eliza Andropov

This mission is a fucked up. Though she agreed this is more than she could chew, she was determined to finish this mission off. That cleaver, unremovable one too. But that ghost able to moved it, meant that the ghost had a significance on the cleaver. Perhaps it was a weapon used...to kill the family members. This is ain't working, handgun is not working properly. Well, obviously. She has an idea, but that is going to take some time. She pulled a pocket Qur'an of hers, and started to recite verses. There are verses that are helpful to exorcise spirits, but she directed these verses to the cleaver. She walked to the dining room , and dropped red spices. Dropped red spices acted as protective circle and less as offensive wards. But since this one is for emergency, it means it has a faster preparation at the cost of shorter time. Red spices are helpful to weaken the spirits. She focused on cleansing the cleaver in its hands.

Stephen Wong

Stephen arrived at the one of the bases of local Triad, a Chinese restaurant. Low-cost, frequented mostly by foot soldiers. But they know of his reputation and despite the same ranks with the others, he was more revered. They knew that he survived a brutal assault as a Red Pole, but also realized that he was such a ruthless man that he hunted those who wronged him and that incident put him in a foot rank again. This age, foot soldier. But Stephen was offered the chance to be Red Pole in LA, in one of the districts. He didn't like the situation, much less traditional then the Hong Kong one.

Wong took a rest and sipped a hot Chinese tea. Good for this tea, it took the original Hong Kong tea.
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 am

The spirit was quick to chase after Eliza, stomping into the kitchen as she read aloud from her pocket-sized Qur'an. No effect. Consumed by decades of torment, the spirit would not fall prey to simple religious verbose, and the burning spice, too, proved useless in assuaging the troubled soul. It attacked, cleaver slicing through the Qur'an, but Eliza managed to stumble back and away from undue bodily harm. It attacked again, bringing the weapon across in a horizontal slash at roughly neck height, but again Eliza avoided death, ducking low as the worn-yet-sharp cleaver cut the air uncomfortably close to her scalp. It tried for a third attempt, but the faster Eliza was already on the move, out the kitchen and into the temporary safety of the living room, the spirit tracking her with eyes hidden underneath the sack tied around its head, a hood like that of the condemned awaiting their final moments at the gallows.

Eliza had only a few seconds to compose herself. The spirit turned to follow after. Undaunted. A bloodhound on the scent, and so long as the woman was in its domain it would hunt, and kill, until there was nothing left but the void of pain.

It readied for another lunge.

Traditional methods were all but useless against the spirit. Too corrupted; too warped. Eliza would need to be creative, to think on her feet, or she'd be dead in the next few minutes. Keeping her focus on the spirit she tried the front door. Locked. No easy escape should things inevitably go wrong. Her eyes darted first to the kitchen and then to the stairs, looking for another way out, but instead she noticed an aura, a pressure of spiritual energy, faint, yet there nonetheless. The spirit readied itself for another lunge. Eliza risked a moment to calm herself, to breath deep, to focus, and then she found it: a family portrait.

She raised her pistol, took aim, and then squeezed the trigger. She missed the spirit and instead hit the portrait. The bullet tore into the canvas, decapitating the "father" with a neat puncture. The spirit stumbled, doubling over as if in pain, convulsing as Eliza shot the portrait again and again. A final bullet and the spirit unleashed a croaking yowl, grabbing at its sacked head as its body dissipated, tried to reform, and then dissipated again into a smoky haze, dissolving into and out of reality, and for a brief moment a little boy could be seen before it was gone entirely as if it had never once existed. The house fell deathly quiet. Eliza lowered her weapon, cautious, and then startled as all the interior doors and cabinets and cupboards opened and slammed closed. Bang, bang, bang! Pounding footsteps above, and then the spirit was back, cleaver in hand as it descended the stairwell for another go.

Eliza now had a means of defeating the spirit. She only had to find the remaining objects tying it to the house, but it was angry now, and it would be relentless in running her down. The spirit would kill her with less mercy than before.

If she had looked close she may have notice the sack around its head, loose as if coming undone.

Blood
Apartment of Victoria Harper, Los Angeles, California

The investigation had stalled as soon as it had begun. LAPD had hit a brick wall, and although the Hunters knew more concerning the true nature of the perpetrators they, too, had made little progress. Vampires given the peculiarities of the attacks. Probably two vampires given what could be seen in the crime scene photographs, specifically those documenting the wounds to the victims' necks.

Not that such knowledge helped them any.

It was Thursday, the evening before the next probable murder assuming the weekly pattern remained unchanged, and there was no reason to suspect a deviation, and the two Hunters were no closer than the police in uncovering a break in the case. Not even the seasoned Edward Quinn could point them in the right direction. As it currently stood the only "plan" they had was for Hannah and Alexandra to pose undercover and to hope they were targeted — Victoria didn't fit the murders' preference — but given the sheer size of the city and the randomness of the locations involved in previous killings the idea had little chance of actually succeeding. There was going to be a murder tomorrow night and they were all but powerless to stop it.

Hannah and Victoria were in the latter's apartment, brainstorming, but finding no solutions to the quandary that had plagued them the past few days since their meeting with Detective Fisher. It was nearing sunset when there came a knock on the door. Hannah was the one to open the door, and standing on the other side was a young woman, suntanned and dressed casually but with a certain aura that said "secretary," or maybe "servant" was more fitting a term. Mousy with a demeanor like that of a maid.

She looked surprised that someone had actually opened the door, but quickly stammered a reply, pausing only to check that no one else was in the hallway to listen in on the conversation. "Um.... good evening." Another pause as she took notice of Victoria in the background. "My employer would like to speak with you, concerning the... the... murders, your investigation. He wishes to assist the Hunters before another murder can happen, and is willing to offer his assistance, and information, and... um... in return... he wants a private meeting." Her eyes darted between Hannah to Victoria to the still empty hallway as if she was considering turning to leave. This was not a typical errand, that much was clear, and the woman so desperately wanted to leave and to never come back, but her duty willed her to stay, and she awaited a response.

Los Muertos

"How many of these assholes are even in there?" asked Adam MacKinnon.

Stephen Quinn, peering through the open doorway to see if anybody was perchance on the other side, shrugged. "Enough to make this a very bad night. Just keep your head down and take things slow." The coast on the other side was clear.

"Cowboy the fuck up, gentlemen," added Leon Withers.

The Hunters entered the gang hideout, quiet and slow, the plan being to avoid any unnecessary conflicts for as long as possible. The last thing they needed was to be trapped in a gunfight with some thugs. Stephen took point, leading them deeper into the building; Connor Davis was assigned to rear guard. Up ahead was a stairwell, the door clearly marked, but voices could be heard from a nearby hallway, a conversation about nothing in particular. Two men with nothing better to do. No way to sneak by without being seen, so the Hunters would have to improvise.

A knock on the wall, and sure enough the thugs took notice, debating briefly about who (or what) it was before calling out to any of their friends who may be playing a joke on them. When there came no answer the two men stalked over to investigate. The moment they reached the corner Stephen, waiting with his back against the wall, placed the barrel of his pistol against the nearest man's head, gesturing for him to remain quiet, or else, the threat of a bullet to the brain being enough to buy his silence. The second man hadn't the time to react as Los Tiburón launched himself, grabbing the thug and twisting into a powerful slam, knocking the man painfully unconscious. Subduing the first they had a moment for a quick interrogation.

"Where's the artifact?" Stephen asked, gun close to the man's head.

"The fuck are you guys?" the thug spat, a little bit too loud, and in return the gun was pressed to his temple. The man eyed the pistol and cooperated. "I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Honest."

"And Gil?"

"Who?" The gun moved to between his eyes. "Upstairs. Fucking weird, man."

More voices, loud and obnoxious, so they ended their interrogation with a smack to the head, knocking the man unconscious like his friend, before hurrying up to the fourth floor, delaying only to throw the "bodies" in a spare room. In all they wasted only a few minutes. Stephen paused before opening the door. "Gil probably knows something about that artifact, so we find the guy and go from there." There was a shout from somewhere down below. The cover hadn't necessarily been blown but the unconscious thugs had no doubt been discovered. "Let's go before they find us."
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:42 pm

"Aca, aca esta!"

"Ven a ese puto por alguna parte?"

"No wey, no lo veo."

The three gang members had their weapons ready as they approached the crashed vehicles, it was dark and only the dim headlights of the truck provided some sort of visibility, along the streetlights at the other side of the fence. The three gang members were fearful as they approached the truck, one of them closing into the wrecked Sedan to take care of whoever had taken it. The other two approached the truck's left side, what seemed to be a body laid down on the ground, motionless and covered in blood.

"Este wey ta muerto..." One of the thugs said.

The thug looking through the Sedan found nothing, just a wrecked car riddle with damage from bullets. Whoever had done this was probably gone already. But at least they still had the truck, maybe they could use this to get rid of the last cartel member and keep both the money and the shipment, still the motherfucker had gotten away. The three thugs grouped up at the back of the truck.

"Well that fool is dead." One said.

"I don't know where the other guy went. I think he might have dipped out." Another one added.

"Well lets get the shipment back to the yard, cops might be on their way soon. I'm sure Andres is gonna want the shipment back." The leading said as he gave a quick check at the closed door of the truck, making sure no merchandise had been lost. Then out of nowhere, gunfire sounded off, 6 consecutive shotgun shells fired upon the three grouped up thugs. One of them hit with 2 shells right center mass, pushing him back against the truck's door. The other two quickly went to the ground for cover, the incoming 12 gauge rounds hitting their legs with multiple pellets incrustation onto their limbs.

Both thugs frantically tried to get their guns out and looked around for whoever the attacker one. Dominic didn't waste time, taking out the 1911 pistol he had acquired and shooting 3 rounds at the thug on the left side, then 3 more shoots to the one of the right. Both dead or dying. Dominic then came out from the top of a train cart, revealing himself from his hidden position, and getting off the cart. Once back on the ground he headed to inspect the dead thugs, 1911 still on his hand as he approached the bodies, all of them were dead. Dominic then began to head to the truck's passenger seat, getting into the truck and sliding to the driving seat Dominic switched the gear into reverse. He moved the truck back away from the train it had stumbled into and away from the crashed Sedan.

"Let's get the shipment back to Serrano." Dominic said to himself as he positioned the truck back into position to the exit gate. As Dominic switched the gear from reverse to drive multiple gunshots came from the back of the truck. Dominic kept his head down as he looked through one of the side mirrors, at least 4 thugs shooting at the truck. He wasn't going to wait around, he quickly switched to drive and drove off through the exit and back into the streets, the thugs and the last remaining cartel member kept shooting at the vehicle as it drove off into the LA streets.

"Mierda..." The cartel member said as he lowered his gun and looked at the ground in anger as well as fear at the knowledge that his boss would not be happy with what happened.

"Yo..." The Los Muertos thug leader said towards the cartel member.

"Que!?" The cartel member asked with frustration in his voice.

"We'll take that money regardless fool. We gave you the shipment, whatever happened to it wasn't our responsibility no more. And I lost 5 men in this whole thing. I want that money." The thug leader said, making sure his pistol was visible, the other thugs did the same. The cartel member didn't have much of a choice in this matter.

In the truck, Dominic was sweating uncontrollably as he drove along the emptiness of Noakes street, following the train tracks west into Emery street. Dominic did his best to avoid any crowded streets, opting to take 12th street followed by Rio Vista Avenue to avoid any prying eyes since he was driving a damaged truck carrying who knows what at the back. Taking Olympic Blv for a short while, Dominic quickly took a turn in Santa Fe avenue, cross under the 10 highway bridge and into Industrial street. He was still sweating, the fact he had been able to avoid any cops so far made his heart pump faster.

Dominic drove the truck into the processing plant, he followed a small opening into a largely empty building. He left the truck there, taking the keys out of the ignition and proceeding to head into Serrano's basement store. He almost walked with a limp, keeping his left arm pressed against his stomach.

"Serrano better have something good for me after this shit." He said as he went into the store. Raul was still there, largely unoccupied he noticed Dominic come in, his face covered in dirt and blood from his nose. Dominic went up to the counter and set the keys down on it.

Dominic tired to compose himself as he took a breath in then he said. "There's the truck outside..."
"I do as I please"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse