NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: Year Six - Baelfire [IC/APPS CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:32 pm

Celene Burnside

'What. The Fuck.'
Celene stopped and glared at the gorgon facing her, the appearance of Rowena Ravenclaws face had never been anything to smile at in her opinion but whoever had made this thing had a promising career ahead of him in grotesque cartooning. She stopped and looked at the offensive thing, trying to work out a way of making it not scare first years.

She wasn't getting rid of it, that much was obvious; sure, she could get rid of it, she supposed, but evidently someone (the head master?) had decided that this thing had a purpose. What she could do, however, was make it look a little nicer.

The quidditch captain removed her wand and got to work, the harsh tones she used when delivering even the most benevolent spells (something she shared with her sister) filling the whole common room, until at last her work was done.

Covering the imposing figure of Ravenclaw now was a beautiful flower display, she had been turned into a near-cornucopia of colorful blossoms and bloomage, and it was almost possible to miss what the flowers were encircling beneath them: happily, she stood back and admired her handywork. It was now presentable, almost.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Ricardo

This realization made him angry, somehow, but he did his best to hide it. Ricardo simply pressed his lips, thinking.
“The Iraemens has two aspects, one physical, encompassing torture and mutilation, and one emotional. Both are heavily tied, but I believe if the emotional structure that supports it is dropped, then down the physical one will be reverted, or be revertible.” He said, slowly. For a moment Ricardo wondered if Caitie was following, but then remembered; it was Caitie.

“We could attempt attacking that aspect on somebody already so affected by trauma or isolation that is unaware of the people around, or has created a false idea of the world and those in it.” He continued. “We need to, somehow, project a Patronus into a human mind, and feed it with the very memories that power the Patronus, imprinting them in their mind.”
That, he believed, would at least stabilize the Obscurial within the Invunche’s body, and allow the child trapped in it to regain consciousness and control.

“I don’t know if there is any student with that condition. I suppose I wouldn’t be terribly against creating a similar condition in someone’s mind. Sadly, I don’t know gnomeback about Legilimancy.”
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Caitie

For her part, the young woman took in Ricardo's theory and tried to apply it based on her own experiences. She came to a slightly different conclusion, however, but was willing at least to go along to see if his belief's held true in an experiment. Caitie, after all, had nothing to gain by helping him but she was slightly intrigued by this.

"I think I know such a student," she said, somewhat ignoring his comments on legilimency. "You could try Raph."
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Ricardo

It only made sense. Ricardo found himself reticent to using Raph for an experiment, however he had become colder in this matter. It just had to be done. Raph was deeply affected by Alex’s death, even by feelings of guilt. Perhaps they could help him heal from it in the process. Besides, for whatever reason, Raph had blocked Alex from his mind. And that seemed to have hurt him.

“Alright. I see what you mean. Though I don’t know if he would just agree. We might have to force him.” He said without a smile. The prospect was still grim for him. “Do you have any idea of how to change the Patronus enough for it to be effective on humans? I don’t want to just imprint a memory. I want to transmit full emotions.” He leaned on a statue of a hawk-headed human figure, crossing his arm and looking at Caitie. She was still mind-boggling.

“I worked with an apothecary for a summer and I recall some ingredients which make the human mind permeable to outside influence. They are used to confuse trolls, so they can be a bit too potent. However I think it could help getting into somebody’s mind and have the effect we need.”

He sepparated himself from the statue. "Do you think you can adapt the Patronus Charm to work on permeable humans? I know it is probably very advanced magic, but I can't think of anyone else."
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:44 am

Raphael Raymond

"Mph... Ugh... What?" Raphael was awoken from a deep nap when the announcement came on. He was still in the Library, resting from sleepless nights at a quiet and deserted corner away from most activity. That didn't stop the Headmaster's voice from reaching his ears and the muggleborn most certainly did not like what he heard. "No animagi transformation? What a load of Bullocks... Authoritarian making stupid rules. Hogwarts is just going to shit..."

Finding no point in going back to sleep, Raph stretched his arms and his back before getting from his chair and collecting his things. On the way our of the library to head to Slytherin Dungeon, Raphael blinked twice upon finding something new. An odd looking Statue, staring at him with a blank emotion that gave him the creepy feeling of one being watched.

"Most definitely being watched..." Raph guessed from past events with Avery. He shook his head and exited the Library. "Wouldn't surprise me if it was the case anyway... Hogwarts going to shit in a handbasket..."
Slava Ukraine!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 am

Caitie

Caitie thought about Ricardo's questions for a little while. She knew in her heart that she was unable to conjure a patronus in any form.

But that's merely a quirk of the charm. A variant of patronus, as Ricardo asks, would be different and it lacks the protective aspect of the original.

However, she was a legilimens, and that made all the difference. The trick here was manipulation of the mind. Caitie gave a devilish grin.

"Yes, I think I can."

Several Weeks Later

The school gathered around the Quidditch pitch for what many hoped would be a reprieve from their studies and mortal concerns. Here, on the pitch, the only thing that mattered was the two teams in competition.

And so, Caitie sat in the commentator's box to announced the start of the game once the two teams arrived.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Henry

Henry stood at his locker, mixing together a few regents that he had packed in a bag. Swirling a small vial in his hand, he smiled when it began to glow a sickly green color. Smiling, he put it in the pocket of his uniform before putting on the new helmet that had been commissioned by the world quidditch association after a Romanian player was nearly decapitated by a faulty bludger last month. Calling the team fowards into a huddle, he said a few word. "This Ravenclaw team may look tough, but I have it on good authority that they're a bigger pushover than even Hufflepuff. We aren't here to lose today boys, we are here to dominate not only Ravenclaw, not only this game, but every game after this. We are going to beat them so hard that they'll be talking about the Basilisk and the Crow for years and years to come. Follow my lead!"

Henry stood at the head of the line, beating the wooden tip of his broom against the floor as a slow beat. The other players slowly began to join in the beat, until it could be heard even in the loud stadium outside. The woolen drapes that hid the locker room drew back and Henry threw the vial of liquid on the floor. Grey, red, and white smoke began to emanate out from the broken glass. Pulling down his helmet, Henry gestured for them to follow. Storming out of the locker room, the Slytherin team began to fly in formation around the stadium, the smoke congealing around them until it formed the shape of a massive grey serpent, slithering around the pitch. The team kept this up for three laps until Henry lead them into the low center of the pitch, before suddenly flying upwards. The serpent flew upwards, until suddenly its head looked down towards the crowd. Massive white frills opened on either side of the snake's head. It's eyes turned a deep crimson red, and green smoke began to billow from it's mouth. The basilisk let out a deep his as the smoke blew away from the Slytherin quidditch team, wearing robes of black with deep green highlights to go with the new helmets.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:25 am

Caitie

As the Slytherin Quidditch team flew onto the pitch and the student section erupted in a zealous uproar. Caitie, as main commentator while Adam was suspiciously missing, introduced the team.

"And here come the Serpents," she said into the loudspeaker, her voice retaining its bored monotone pitch expected of her. "This year's starting lineup as Burke and Aloman-Dunbrok as Meat Beaters, Livingston as Peeper, Pliny and Parton as Tracers, and my cousin Scorpius Malfoy as Seeker." Caitie paused for a moment before she rounded out the list. "And last, of course, is the Team Captain Henry Grey."
Last edited by Britanania on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Celene

"Well," Celene Burnside banged the end of her Burnside xl-8000 broom on the floor and looked around the room, taking everybody in. "Henry Grey believes that he can win today, because...apparently...his Daddy told him that he's a very good player." Luke Cartwright snickered beside her as she continued "Daddy Grey is, I'm sure, very busy, which explains why he hasn't watched his son play quidditch, but we'll make the scoreline remind him that he isn't a very good player. Sound good?"

She placed her helmet on her head, her fathers greatest example of how Quidditch wasn't the game it once was. Her mother, the head of the British and Irish quidditch league was proud of the fact that she had been the last league chair to adopt the helmets; the Burnside family, external commentators might say, had enough brain damage at any rate.

Watching the display as she led her team on a military-style march from the locker room, a look of contempt came over her face, before she did her usual thing. Celenes introduction to the opposing captain generally took place at insane speeds, showing the world how fast her broom liked to go, and how much she was in control of it. Her team took a slow, leisurely lap around the pitch before Celene shot forward, the part of her long blonde hair not confined by the helmet flying out behind her as she shot directly towards Henry...well, slightly above Henry. And upside down. Giving her usual upside down salute, she removed one leg from the broom, cartwheeling and re-righting herself.
"Enjoy your upcoming defeat," she drawled, blowing a kiss at Grey.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Ed Wilson

Needless to say, Ravenclaw spirits weren't very high in the changing room. Slytherin was one of, if not the most solid Quidditch team in Hogwarts, and bloody Henry could probably outdo all three of their chasers at once. Jude and Gary were nice people and decent players, but compared to Henry, they were practically first years clutching school brooms. Even Celene, despite all of her talent, couldn't beat that Slytherin Snakehead. But maybe they would make it out. Constavlos was a puny little dwarf, but he was a fast flier, Cartwright was a fairly decent Keeper, and Allen and himself had a pretty good rhythm of Bludger smacking figured out. They knew each other well, they knew the sweet spots on each other's bats, their hitting angles, all of it. Which was going to be helpful, as the only way to overcome the massive wall that was Slytherin would be to have on-point coordination.

Hopefully, Celene would figure it out and not try to show off exactly as she was doing now on her XL-8000 thing-y, cartwheeling around. Ed was perfectly comfortable on his Firebolt II, which he had just gotten that summer. A few years ago, that thing would be the greatest name in broom-making, but currently, it was delegated to "solid" status. A cut above average, but nothing interstellar. It did its job and that was all he needed. The important stick was the one in his hand, a big ol' oak bat that he affectionately called "Layla". Layla had been his bat for years, and she had seen him through thick and thin. Granted, she was wearing down a bit now, but sturdiness was a small price to pay for the perfect sweet spot and angle for his grip of choice.

As he lazily flew around the pitch, doing tricks with his bat to appease the crowd, he wondered if he should give his helmet a name. He loved that damn thing. Even though he usually was able to hit the ball back, Bludgers swiped at his head all the time, and he wasn't exactly in the mood to go in the way of muggle NFL players and their CTE. He liked his brain the way it was, even if it wasn't the brightest.

His reaction speed was decent though, that was a plus.
yea bro idk

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:19 am

Caitie

Soon after, the Ravenclaw team flew out onto the pitch to meet their opponents before the match officially begun. Caitie called out their names and positions for the fans sitting in the stands.

"And here comes the Ravenclaw team," she said morosely. "Led by a scion of the Burnside family, Celene plays as a taser alongside Jude Oldman and Gary Law. Ed Wilson and Allen Cartwright are cheaters, while Allen's brother Luke is the team's weeper. Last, we have the team's sneaker, Peter Contastavlos."

With everyone in position, the match was about to start.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Ricardo

He had managed to find the herbs he needed in Greenhouse #4. Of course, he had to sneak them out, and that was no easy task, but after days of planning, Ricardo walked out with a small bag containing the roots and seeds he would then separate, clean and mash.
He decided that would be an exceptionally good day to prove the agent. A couple of preparations were needed, but haste could make it happen. A pinch of willow ashes were the last addition.

Caitie announced the teams as they walked into the field. Ricardo was, at that point, taking seat. He could see Rachel’s head from there, three rows before him, but didn’t bothered too much with looking for other familiar faces. “Here goes nothing.” He said, taking the glass bottle containing a vitric green liquid. Ricardo uncorked the flask with his thumb and raised the bottom above his head as the potion went down into his throat. It was disgusting.

But the disgust was short-lived. It was literally washed away by saliva. At first it was just a natural reaction, but then he realized he was salivating a lot more than usual. Caitie’s voice resonated once more, and Ricardo’s heart pounded against his ribs. Excitement became something very real, and the nearly uncontainable need to blast a laugh burst through his chest.

Isolde

Isolde took seat, waiting for the game to start. She nearly forgot about Quidditch. But practices resumed eventually, ahead of the coming game against Gryffindor. She was worried the team was not up to date with the new additions, and they would have to work hard.
At least Slytherin versus Ravenclaw would provide both distraction and further insight. As usual, Slytherin boasted the strongest bet, and looking for ways to beat them was a safe way to improve.

Celene made a stunt above the crowd, and specifically, above Grey. It would be interesting, Isolde thought, to see how Henry could handle a bit of mind-play. Yet it would not by psychology what would win that game. It would be speed and brains. And Slytherin had both.

"Come on, Start the damn thing, before I piss myself!" Somebody shouted from behind her after Celene did her thing, and those around laughed a bit.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Adam

Adam walked into the commentators booth as the teams flew out he quickly took his seat as he saw Caitie had beaten him to the booth for once. He couldn't help but grin as he heard her call several people cheaters. "Welcome to another exciting game of quidditch! I'm Adam Tarkin one of your commentators for the day. Beside me is Caitie Glacies is you couldn't tell by her excited tone about this match!" His voice echoed with excitement across the stadium. He looked out into the crowd and started to scan to see who he could see from where he was sitting.

He then looked over at Caitie and leaned on the table. "Besides Caitie if anyone is going to cheat in this match is will probably be your house. Slytherin isn't known for their fair play nor are they known for honesty so this should no doubt be an exciting game!" He was getting filled with excitement as he watched the two teams take their positions on the pitch.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Caitie

The young woman gave Adam slight, if somewhat annoyed, nod, as he arrived late to the press box. Caitie was more surprised to have seen the Hufflepuff, as it felt like it has been months since she had seen Adam.

"Honesty or not," Caitie replied to Adam's quip, "the rules state you can cheat so long as you don't get caught. Cleverness is a virtue, as well. In either case, the Ravenclaw team lacks quite a bit of talent. Ravenclaws aren't known for their physical prowess, after all."

Caitie waited for any sort of reply before the match began.
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Adam

He looked over as Caitie started to talk about the rules of quidditch. He scratched the back of his neck as he leaned back in the chair. "Well I guess that is true based on the rule book." He looked back down at the field as he waited for the match to start and to see what was going to happen.

"Besides, this team might lack in talent this year. But, you never know what will happen next year so we will have to see how they handle this. Ravenclaw makes up for their talent in being smart, so we will have to see how they use that to their advantage today!" He grinned as the crowd seemed to be getting restless waiting for the game to start.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Ed Wilson

Lack of talent?! Fuck you, Tarkin! Kid blends into tapestry around school for three months like a deadbeat father, walks back into his Quidditch booth, and thinks he's hot shit once he gets within ten feet of the mic. The kid can barely even keep a play going on his broomstick. It took every ounce of Ed's self-restraint not to fly right into the booth and beat his sorry ass black and blue with his Bludger bat. What poetry. The alliteration was superb. Maybe he should do some more, he always had a way with words.

Regardless, he was not here to write poetry. He was here to do manly things, smack cannonballs around and attempt to break people jaws' in two. Fly around on broomsticks and yell sports formations. Celebrate afterward with epic manly servings of Butterbeer and Firewhiskey and shepherd's pie, crouched over in a dirty, dim bar like the Hog's Head, at least if they won. If they lost, they would shed manly tears in regret and sorrow. Godammit Ed, concentrate! Right, right. That hag Hooch was calling for the players to reach the middle of the pitch, they needed to kick off. Cut the head off these vipers.

Blah blah blah, nice clean game, a glare at Ed over his slightly illegal bludger smack towards a very obnoxious first-year in the crowd the previous game, shake hands, play nice, play ball. Ed was restless, shifting on his broom and fiddling with his bat, doing a couple practice swings to warm up his arms. This was a key game. Half of Quidditch was mental dominance, and if they could shake Slytherin's confidence with a win, they might be unstoppable. Who was going to stand in their way, Hufflepuff? Gryffindor? The thought was laughable. Slytherin was their biggest obstacle, and they needed to be victorious.

As the whistle blew with a shrill blast, it felt like his nerves were on fire. With as big of a kick as he could muster, he pumped up himself into the air, sharply angling the tip of his broom to the northeast to catch a bludger that had practically skyrocketed out of its straps, and made a perfect birds-eye shot towards the quickly scattering group of players. The bludger quickly noticed him, stopping in mid-air and redirecting itself to shoot downwards towards him. However, he wouldn't let it hit him, quickly skittering backwards and striking the front of the black ball with tip of his bat, sending it into the fray of Slytherin Chasers below with a tight topspin. It was aimed at Henry, but Henry wasn't one to get struck by Bludgers unless they really snuck up on him, and Ed knew he was going to avoid it. But even if it didn't hit him, it would force him to move and cut off any way he could pass to Parton, and maybe even clip Parton if he was slow. It all depended on what they did next.
yea bro idk

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 am

Rachel

Rather than lament the dreadful statues that plagued and pestered quite literally everyone in the castle, Rachel had taken to spending more time outside - a LOT more time outside. Most of the aurors never bothered to patrol every inch of the grounds. And even the Ministry's finest often knew better than to cause unnecessary trouble with a sleeping bear in the forest. But today in particular, she was practicing her own magics - and in a rather unorthodox way this time.

Rachel slowly circled the outer reaches of the Whomping Willow, one hand behind her back and the other stretched outward clutching her wand. A cluster of its branches were bound to its trunk by a combination of vines and bark, and she waited patiently for its next move.

She was dueling the tree.

The moment the Willow shifted, Rachel twisted her wrist. A patch of grass shimmered with a dim green light, and sprouted thick stalks of vines and branches. Two of the Willow's limbs wriggled free of its bindings, and the towering tree lashed out at her yet again. She swung her wand out in an arc, carrying the sprouting vines with her as she swatted one branch down. Like a lasso, the vines snagged on the Willow's branch, and bound it to the ground. Rachel had an instant to jump out of reach of the second branch coming her way. But a single misstep caused a near-miss, and her wand was knocked out of her hand.

She stumbled, but had little time to recover. The second limb was already coming back around. And without a wand in hand, she had only one other option. With a single deep breath, Rachel reeled both arms back, and threw her hands out towards it. She curled her fingers and clenched her fists, almost as if grasping the branch itself, and it stopped mid-swing.

Sweat trickled down her forehead as Rachel jerked one hand downward, stretching and bending the branch until it outright snapped in two. She brought that same hand up and above her head, carrying the broken limb with her motions.

"HRAAAGH!"

She promptly swung towards the tree as if throwing a javelin, and hurled the branch back at the Willow. It struck the knot at the base of its trunk, causing the entire tree to go rigid. Rachel took a few moments to catch her breath.

Maybe that was a little too dangerous, she thought to herself. There's a reason rules were made to keep students away from that damned thing. Nevertheless, she stepped over to where her wand landed, and picked it back up. Her best bet now would be to fix any damage. It'd keep the staff from having her head, at least. And with the tree immobilized for a while, there was plenty of time.

Rachel pointed her wand at the bulk of the tree, and with smooth motions of her wand, made the same green light radiate from the grass and up the Willow's trunk. The broken branches began to mend themselves, and lost leaves started to sprout again from its twisted bark. A series of distant cheers and shouts briefly distracted her, and Rachel turned to look over her shoulder. No one had been watching, right? Or perhaps it was the pitch--

"Oh, shit," she hissed to herself. The evening's quidditch match had almost slipped from her mind. Had she been practicing that long? She'd have to get to the pitch before the better seats were taken.

Rachel glanced back. And judging by the third branch coming her way, it was probably obvious the Willow wanted her to leave too.

"Oh shit--!"

The Quidditch Pitch

Rachel filed into the stands in a bit of a rush, finding herself in a section of primarily Hufflepuffs. She noticed Isolde among some of the faces, and shimmied past some of the people in the crowd.

She plunked herself down next to her with leaves in her hair and scratch across her cheek. Ravenclaw had just come onto the pitch.

"Oh, thank God. I didn't miss it."
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Caitie

And so the match began with about as much excitement that a Quidditch match could begin with and for someone like Caitie that warranted as much fanfare as watching the lawn grow, or better yet, watching someone manually trim said lawn. As far as Caitie was concerned, Quidditch was, for lack of a better term, a waste of time.

That said, Caitie did appreciate a certain Roman quality to it all. Despite his indirectly authoritarian approach when it came to handling things, her uncle did permit them this solace. In fact, he actively encouraged Quidditch.

Panem et circenses, Caitie mused. She respected the forethought to it, even if she didn't like the game personally.

A shame this particular instance is so boring. Won't one of them do something?

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Isolde

Isolde wandered with her eye across the crowd. At some point she was fixed in a number of students, her faces she would have to recall for later. But her mind drifted then to the letter and how to deliver it.
Somebody took the place next to her. Isolde turned to see Rachel.

“Oh, thank God. I didn’t miss it.” She seemed as if she had been fighting a wild animal.
“What in Merlin’s name happened to you?” Isolde asked her. She had a mark on her face, and it wasn’t less than an obvious feature. “Here, I got something.”

She searched into a bag hanging from her shoulder, and brought up white piece of cloth. “It has Alban Arnica. Should help with the swelling.” Isolde handed the cloth to Rachel, which would be cold to the touch and help refreshing the wound and containing any swelling.

Ricardo

She whistle that announced the start of the game came with a rush of adrenaline to Ricardo. He was perhaps more excited than any of the players, and it wasn’t even his House on the field. The student let out a fierce shout as the game balls dispersed through the field. And he noticed Ed heading towards a Bludger, only to blast it towards Henry.
“Send that buffoon back to his cave, Wilson!” He screamed as the Bludger headed for the Slytherin chaser.
A voice in the back of his skull echoed. <<What the hell is wrong with you?>>

He looked around, his eyes going from one face of fellow students from another. Each one with a whole different expression, each telling a different story with a massive volume. <<Calm down.>>

“NO!” He shouted, perhaps to himself, perhaps at the game.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raph just wanted to get out of the Castle, not really interested in the Quidditch match, of who would win or lose. His fight with Henry had made him too resentful towards his House team to root for them like he use too. As he sat in the stands, the muggleborn had his nose buried in a book, with his absorbed attention only broken by the announcement of the starting game between Slytherin and Ravenclaw.

Raphael looked up and watched as Green and Blue filled the stadium on their brooms and began their game. He sighed, rolling his eyes, and put the book aside and joined the cheers as the both teams flew around scoring points. "Go Henry!" Raph cheered quietly and sardonically, "Go get your teeth knocked out."
Slava Ukraine!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Celene

The moment was judged so well that a movie scriptwriter couldn't have imagined an opurtunity more perfect. The new burnside line of xl brooms came with various optional extras, largely the ability to remove, not banned in quidditch rules, the safety feature which stopped the broom shooting forward so fast it would be considered a serious danger to health. If Celene hadn't been one of the original testers of the thing, she wouldn't have had the chance to experience the speeds the thing could pull off and the way it fucked with her body: as she was, however, she was a master of the worlds fastest broom.

Her eyes followed the movement as Parton threw a quick pass to Grey, not looking behind him. The movement came without hesitation as she rocketed forward and up, seizing the quaffel from between the two slytherins and disappearing into the deep blue sky.

Her movements were exilerating, the quick change in fortunes something the keeper was not expecting as she leaned into her brooms movements and roared, throwing the ball passed the non-too-bright Livingston "10 points to ravenclaw please, good Sir."

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Henry

Smiling a bit to himself as he watched Burnside try to show off with her fancy broom. It was cute when her sister did it for Slytherin and it was cute now. If their daddy didn't rip off italian broom designs and pass them off as his own, they'd probably be the worst on the field. By and large the Ravenclaw team were push overs, but then again so was most of his team. He would probably have to win this by himself and hope that Scorpius actually did his job for once.

Grabbing the Quaffle as it floated down behind the hoops, Henry dodged both Bludgers and a Ravenclaw beater, though which one he couldn't tell. Sensing at least one other player rushing towards him, Henry suddenly changed directions to fly straight upwards, rapidly gaining altitude previously unnatainable before. Now though, with the new helmets still being untested, it hadn't taken much effort for the Slytherin team to enchant theirs to act a little like Muggle HALO helmets. Hearing his pursuer struggling to breath with the speed and height they were gaining, Henry suddenly blasted back downwards and towards the goal. Almost in a straight dive towards the end of the manuever, Henry put himself in a dangerous game of chicken with Cartwright. The boy locked eyes with Henry for only a moment before he shot out of the way, giving Henry an easy ten points as he lightly threw the ball through the hoop. He laid back on his broom as he blasted back towards his own side.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Caitie

Finally, it seemed like the Quidditch match was going to get interesting. Or, at least that was the impression Caitie got as she read the mood of the crowd. They had started to get rowdy once one of the balls entered the hoop, so Caitie made her best effort to comment.

"And with that hole in one, it looks like Ravenclaw has struck first," she said into the loudspeaker. It didn't take long for the Slytherin team to bounce back and respond with a score of their own, however, as Henry made a daring move.

"But don't get too excited Ravenclaw fans," she said in her typical bored and monotone RP. "Slytherin responded with a run of their own thanks to Grey's move to the basket."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:38 am

Celene

10-10, and Celene was getting into it now, as she caught Law's pass and began to arc and bank towards goal. Her movements were jerky, they looked almost uncontrolled; and anybody could see from pitch or stands that something was very, very wrong with Celene Burnsides broomstick. Aside from its general movement towards the goal, she seemed to have little control over it as it bobbed and twitched weirdly; people were gathering around her now: interhouse quidditch rivalries were one thing, but this was clearly a case of malfunctioning broom.

Idiot, idiot, idiot. The slytherin keeper joined the group gathered around her, at which point Celene Burnside banked up, put on a turn of speed and made the easiest throw of her life.

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:51 pm

William Darkenstone

William observed his room, as the clock on his desk tacked away. He sighed and climbed on his bed, covering his eyes with his arms and counting the seconds that seemed like centuries pass by. He could hear his captors outside his door, along with the statue the authorities had put up. His days, while under the supervision of the Aurors, had proved to be tiring, limiting and irritating, at first at least, but William, in his countless now hours spent alone in his dorm, or his cell perhaps more fittingly, had much time to think many things through. His path, under these new developments, was now clear, only a matter of time, of ever slowly changing time.

A few days prior, William had met with Anton and Emma. Under the necessary secrecy, he had informed them of what would happen now and in the near future, and extended the period they would be leading the Ravencloaks in his absence. He had hope in them but he knew all this was but a temporary setback, that could become a major asset of handled correctly.

Emma, he knew of her blind loyalty, one that limited both the danger she could pose to him but also her potential. Anton, however, his first follower, he was more wary of. He had shown signs of disloyalty, of second thoughts, of questioning Nihilus’ commands, even though his belief in the cause remained intact. Bad qualities for a follower, great for a leader. Still, he had given more duties, responsibilities and as a result power to his other lieutenant. Nothing can be allowed to go wrong at this stage.

With all these thoughts crossing his mind, William checked the clock and cursed when he found out only six minutes had passed since the last time. He opened the door to see the Aurors looking at him with curious eyes, neither speaking or showing any kind of emotion or human quality.

“Let’s walk around the castle a bit. I have some unfinished business to attend to.”
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse