NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: Year Six - Baelfire [IC/APPS CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Ed Wilson

Oh riiight. This was that one kid who got arrested back when they were all a bunch of scrawny 11-year olds. Where did he come from? Ed hadn't seen hide nor hair of him for years. Did he like just come back from god-knows-where, or was he one of those people who disappeared in a crowd so quickly you never even saw them? Not that it changed Ed's stance though. How could he respect someone who used their blood status, or their affiliations, or something as distasteful as being arrested as a tool to make themselves feel superior? He couldn't, so he would have to put this Crassus kid in his place.

However, he didn't even get the chance to stand, as Glacies' voice rang out, a cold steely tone embodying her words as she commanded the two to stop. Ed stared directly back at her, refusing to let her have the satisfaction of putting him down. Her eyes pierced him hard, but he didn't buckle, matching her own gaze with his hazel eyes. He squirmed a little but did not break his gaze, staying ever-silent.

"But of course, Prefect." Ed quipped at long last. "My apologies," he said, putting on his best smile. "I was out of line. I apologize to you as well...Crassus." he said, taking extra care to emphasize the final word. If you couldn't join them, might as well wall them off.

The rest of the evening passed in a blur, a whirlwind of quick eating and drinking, a diaspora of Hogwarts students fleeing the Hall in droves, desperate to cling onto every last minute of free time they had. Ed had nowhere to go, so he resorted to his favorite pastime; wandering around the castle. He was trying to map it all out, the entire castle. He had started last year, but it was difficult. Hogwarts didn't seem particularly large on the outside, but it was a deep and wide building, and there were dozens of hidden closets, alleys, and staircases that one needed to become lost to find. A year and a half of wandering in any free time he could muster had given him about half of Hogwarts fully mapped, but if he was to plan out the whole Castle by the time he left school, he would need to work fast.

Leaving his dishes where they were, Ed stepped back from the table, roughly pushing his chair back in. He could start from the third floor. It was the least mapped out on his homemade creation, only a few classrooms, halls, and trick staircases outlined on the floor. Luckily, he knew exactly where he wanted to look.

Leaving the Great Hall, he took what he called the "Western Great Hall Steps", a broad stone staircase stretching off from the left wall of the Great Hall. It gently curved upwards, eventually ending in a tiny, cramped stone landing, with one barred window and a dim oil painting. With a simple "Alohomora", the door was unlocked, clicking as it swung open. Quietly shutting it behind him and sealing it with a Locking Charm, he headed down the halls at a rapid pace, insistent on wasting as little time as possible. He turned a corner, heading down a long hallway tucked against the outer wall of the building, past many wooden doors and tapestries. Eventually, he took another left, heading halfway through a short alley before stopping at a familiar tapestry. It was floor to ceiling, depicting a magnificent fight between wizarding adventurers and some trolls. It stretched taut at the top, but was slack on the bottom, slightly rolled up. Blast, he'd have to be more careful. Kneeling down, he grabbed the bottom slack of the tapestry and pulled up with all of his might, quickly ducking underneath the exposed opening.

It lead to a windowless hallway, one leading to dead ends in one direction, and a flight of stairs leading to the third floor in the other. Cloak whipping behind him, he quickly made his way up the stairs, skipping the second-last step as it was an illusion leading to empty space. He was expecting to reach the top, but instead finding...a landing? And stairs leading off of it at a 90-degree angle? A new discovery! Must be based on dates! With a new vigor, he took the stairs two at a time, hoping to reach a door, a or a secret entrance at the top. But soon, he reached the top step, and there was...nothing at the top, the steps just disappeared into the wall! He stepped back to give himself space, but the step suddenly pushed down underneath his weight, as if some special weight-activated plate.

Turns out, it was.

Suddenly, he felt the steps give way beneath him, the angular boxiness being replaced with the smooth, polished surface of a stone slide. Frantically, he grabbed the sides of the chute, trying to prevent himself from falling. But then, a sudden "BOO!" ripped through the air as something materialized before his eyes, sending Ed into a throe of surprises and curses as he reflexively loosened his grip on the chute, sliding down quickly towards the landing with startling velocity.

What invisible being could materialize at will and played tricks on people?

"PEEVES, I'LL SHANK YOUR ASS!" Ed screamed as he flew down the chute, tumbling into the landing with a hard crash. However, he landed on the edge of the landing facing the steps, dangerously teetering from the sheer force of his little flight. Flailing wildly in panic, he reached out with his feet, attempting to get a footing on the steps. However, it didn't work, as in his panic, he attempted to push off the fateful second-last step, only to feel empty space as he slowly tipped off the side, his body on a crash course to fall through the gap. Shrieking, he desperately managed to grab the next step over with his arms, preventing him from crashing down into...wherever that step lead.

"PEEVES! FOR THE LAST TIME, I DIDN'T TAKE YOUR WALKING STICK!" Ed cried, trying to pull himself up as the little mustached man reppared in front of Ed, a cackly grin on his face.

"Naughty Eddie, wandering around the castle?" Peeves asked, a grin of glee on his face. "Maybe I should call Filchy, have him rat you out for taking the secret passages. And when you should be at your little study group? For shame, Eddie, where's your responsibility?"

"What meet...CRAP!" Ed jolted, suddenly remembering what meeting he had been forgetting. "Dammit, you bloody boar-beating bracken poltergeist, get me out!"

"Why should I? So you can continue being a bad boy, sneaking around at night? In fact, why don't I call Filch now? OH FIILLCC--"

"Peeves, do you get lonely?"

Peeves fell silent at this question, face falling for a few seconds before recomposing himself, his smile back and sickeningly sweet. "Tell you what Eddie, I'll cut you slack today. Although you better watch out, I could always trip you up at any time. I did swear to the Weasley twins to cause as much mayhem as possible after all, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't give you some hell." Peeves disappeared at these words, and with a pop, Ed suddenly jolted out of the space, curling up one step below as he watched the illusion fade back to normal.

What do you know?

A few minutes later, Ed stumbled into the classroom, expecting to be late and have everyone staring at him. Luckily, he had shown up fairly early, as only a handful of people had shown up so far. Somehow, Peeves had let him free fast enough for him to get here in time. The wonders of life! Although, he probably wasn't going to get the warmest of welcomes, considering his little stunt earlier. Best to just keep his head down and lay low. Which is exactly what he did in an obvious manner, slouching over to plunk down in a chair. He had no questions to ask, his answers would hopefully be given in time. If not, he would cross that bridge when he came to it.
yea bro idk

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Isolde

She nodded. “Very well.” Then headed to take a seat, nodding at Adam on her way as he made it towards Rachel. She also wondered where David was. Isolde didn’t remember him leaving the Great Hall before she did. Perhaps he would eventually come.
Her mind drifted back at Crassus and the argument in the Great Hall. Reminded her of what happened to him year back. All things considered, her generation at Hogwarts was quite meshed into the Law. Could any of these issues blossom back to the surface during that year?

Ricardo

He spent some time looking at people, particularly at Ed. What instigated violence and uproar? Could that power be harnessed? Could he understand it and use it? After Ed left, the tension in the Hall was still lingering by a bit, and some seemed too quite. Ricardo stood up and rushed out, heading for the Common. He needed to leave some stuff there and grab others before heading to the meeting. He caught up with David at the entrance of the Common.
“Heading to the study group meeting, David?” He said without really waiting, and continued to the dormitory, left his books and changed his sweater for a more comfortable pullover, then headed down and towards the room arranged.
He walked in silently, and took a seat, waiting for the rest to arrive.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael sighed as a fight broke out at the Gryffindor table and shook his head when the prefects got involved. Seems like a good start to the new half of term, Raph thought to himself, thinking how Alex might have handled it. The muggleborn looked back and saw that it was Crassus, who got arrested all the way in first year. Seems like someone who is going to end up in Azkaban a lot more if he isn't careful...

The event in the Great Hall quickly left Raphael's mind as he went into the meeting room for Rachel's army. He nearly forgotten about it over Christmas if it wasn't for going through the pictures of Alexander earlier. How can he forget so much about his time with that guy? Nonetheless, as other people entered the room, Raph sat down and began reading that book he got for Christmas containing the Complete Fictional Work of H.P. Lovecraft.

Raphael looked up only a few times to take glances at that purple haired girl. Despite the odd choice for hair color, he still found her to be just as attractive as Caitie and Rachel. The muggleborn hoped he could talk to her still, perhaps sometime after a class...
Last edited by Triassica on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Crassus

Crassus raised an eyebrow and quietly followed the Headmaster up to his office. He'd never stepped through the gargoyle corridor into the place, not even when Professor McGonagall was still headmaster. No matter what happened since the first year, he'd always managed to keep himself under the radar. However, upon entering the vast and intricate room, he almost wished he had garnered enough attention to have been called to the office once or twice before. Dozens of artifacts and devices, some obviously magical, filled the room. The walls were lined with shelves of books which Crassus guessed were mostly those banned from the library. He wondered what secrets they held for those brave enough to delve into them.

As the Hogwarts bell chimed Crassus was suddenly reminded of Rachel's meeting for the Army. He'd debated joining for a while, and had only attended a meeting or two. But that was when nobody was doing anything at Hogwarts, back when the students had to fend for themselves. Things weren't like that anymore, at least he hoped. With the Ministry taking control of Hogwarts, things were bound to change.

Crassus finally snapped out of his reverie and addressed the Headmaster. "You wanted to see me, sir?" He figured that it would not be a good idea to bring up the conflagration in the Great Hall until he knew what Professor Avery actually wanted.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:42 pm

The Headmaster

Avery put down the scroll he was reading when he heard Crassus enter his innermost sanctum. The powerful wizard gestured towards the open chair and invited the Sixth Year student.

"Take a seat," he instructed and did not even wait for Crassus before he launched into his reasonings. "Now, of course, you are wondering why I brought you here. It is only natural." The Headmaster put up a gloved hand. "You are not in any trouble, I assure you," he interjected before Crassus said anything. Taking a pause, Avery leaned back in his chair for a moment.

"Why I brought you here is --"
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Derek & Madi

The announcement that duels were now legal didn't sound that good of an idea. What was Avery thinking?
"You know people are going to start dueling very very quickly."
Derek could only give a nod in response to Madi as Crassus and Ed started to go at it. Not even a minute after duels were declared legal.
Thankfully, Caitie put a stop to the fight before it even began and before long the Great Hall began to empty.

Derek and Madi left the Great Hall and headed to the meeting room.
It wasn't clear was the official name of the group actually was, perhaps it would be discussed at tonight's meeting,

Both of them entered the empty classroom and took seats near Rachel.
As Derek waved Adam over, Madi spoke to Rachel.
"Okay, what are we going to talk about tonight? You seem to have a lot on your mind."
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:19 am

Rachel

Over the next couple minutes, her classmates started to file in one by one. She returned a quick hug to Adam as she motioned him to the seat next to her. Once enough of the Sixth Years had arrived, now seated or standing, Rachel planted both hands onto the tabletop.

"Alright everyone," she began, patiently waiting for all of them to quiet down.

"Welcome back to Hogwarts Prison. I'm your neighborhood Fun Police," she sarcastically remarked, pointing to her prefect badge. "Hope everyone's holiday went great. I didn't prepare anything special because I don't plan to take up too much of your time."

"I'll start by addressing what's more than likely on everyone's mind - Headmaster Avery's lifted the ban on duels between students."

Rachel held up a finger before anyone had a chance to butt in.

"Now, I'm not going to bother arguing the insanity of allowing children and teenagers to openly fight each other in school. But I'm going to say the same thing I do to everyone: Don't be an idiot."

She jutted a finger towards Ed. "I don't want to hear some git challenging Mister Loudmouth over here to single combat because of a few words, regardless of who's in the wrong. And if that happens once, everyone'll be trying to kill each other over every little dispute and turn this place into a bloody warzone. I'm sure everyone can agree that more fighting is definitely not what we need around here."

"Keep that in mind," she said after a pause. "And do you think the professors would really want to oversee something that ridiculous?"

Rachel eventually sat herself down. "But anyway," she continued. "What I initially wanted to discuss before being sidetracked by Avery's new policies, was that incident the night before we left for Christmas: Weird, almost inconceivable monsters - likely conjured - sending everyone into a panic all over the school. But whether it was some sort of sick prank or a serious attempt at attack, it's still a cause for concern. If anyone has any leads as to who may be behind it, don't hesitate to let us know."

But once she finished speaking, the room merely went silent. Almost too silent. Something was off. Rachel looked around at them, cocking an eyebrow.

"...You're looking at me like I've lost my bloody mind."
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am

Isolde

She stared at Rachel. Was she out of her mind or just playing some joke? As far as she could recall, that night was not memorable. Just dinner and she boarded the train to Hogwarts.

"...You are looking at me like I've lost my bloody mind." Rachel said to them.

"Because you look like..." Isolde somwhat muttered above the looming silence. “I am confused…” She looked around to see if the others were aware of something she wasn’t. “What monsters? All I recall from that night was Avery’s speech and a really bad hangover…. Yeah, I may not be the most reliable source here.”

Ricardo

He couldn’t remember that night’s events, so he was just as confused. But Ricardo had pondered over and over again that something happened. It was just as soon as he woke up that he chose to stay in Hogwarts and not to go back to London. His newfound resolution to revert the Invunche curse must have been caused by something.
“I don’t know what happened. But something is amiss, I just have a hunch. The morning everyone left I decided to stay at Hogwarts, and I tell you the castle has been feeling…. strange. So what are you talking about exactly, Rachel?”
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Adam

"Though, I do have one important question. Based on what we have seen, how are we going to effectively protect the first years and the younger students who cant protect themselves? I don't think we have the numbers to do that should the worst come to pass." He stated rather coldly as he looked around the room. That is my biggest concern, if we cant do that. Then what can we do to mitigate the damage should it happen.

He continued to scan the room as he thought on what Rachel had said. Though this lift on the dueling ban will no doubt cause a lot of conflict within the school, if we thought that one year was a battlefield. That will look like a walk in the park if this gets out of hand. "So what are we going to do about Avery and this dueling issue?" He inquired as he looked over to Rachel.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raph simply stared at Rachael as if she had two heads while she babbled on about... monsters? What drugs were she on during the Yule Ball? Raph didn't remember any monsters at the Ball last year. ...Then again, the Muggleborn didn't remember anything from the Yule Ball except waking up in the Hospital Wing. In fact, Raph found his memories so full of holes, Rachel might be onto something.

"What sort of monsters were there Christmas, Rachel?" Raphael asked, piping up as he put his Lovecraft book aside, "And this might be a weird question, but... Eh... How close was I with Alex? You remember Alexander Markus, right? I know I was friends with him, but after going through some pictures we took together on the train... I think we were closer than I remember... In fact... there have been a whole lot of things I don't remember... Funny, right? Almost as if someone has been obliviating my memory on a daily basis..."
Slava Ukraine!

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:31 am

Rachel

"...what do you mean, what monsters?"

Rachel glared dumbfounded around the room. She brought both hands up - a sort of 'what the fuck' gesture.

"Literally the entire castle was in a bloody freakout! Andy remembers. He was there with me at the time. I ran right into one of them! Pitch black figures resembling people or...animals, or something... Draining something from whoever they came in contact with! It made me sick just being near one of the things! What do you mean you don't remember? Am I just going crazy or something?"

She could hardly believe what she was hearing. Maybe she WAS going crazy.

And Raphael's questions didn't help it one bit. Rachel stared at him for a long time, looking like she had just witnessed a murder.

"How close were you with Alex?" she murmured, before suddenly raising her voice. "How close-- I-- Wha-- Friends?! You two were lovey-dovey since focking THIRD YEAR! When Reynolds' group of muggle supremacists tried to kill all of us - we lost him along with Headmistress McGonagall and plenty of other students! Don't tell me you don't remember that!"

She stood up, her gaze darting around at her peers almost desperately.

"What's going on? Is there a gas leak in here?!"
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 am

Raphael Raymond

After Rachel spoke out Raphael's stared at her with shock, horror and confusion as his eyes began to water as if he was about ready to break down, as he thought back to last year, when Alexander all burnt up died right before his eyes. Everything just felt so wrong now and deep down inside it horrified the muggleborn. He and Alexander were in love with each other since for three years, yet for almost a year after his death, Raph went on like it never happened. How could he forget about that even with his own Swiss Cheese memory? Same for the monsters Rachel spoke of, if that actually did happen at the Yule Ball, for no one can forget about that easily either. The more Raphael thought about it, that painful ringing noise in his head got loud again, louder and more painful than before, and he out a pained grunt as he placed a hand on his forehead. The muggleborn tired getting up from his seat before collapsing down onto one knee as he cried out again in pain.

"AGH! M-my head! I-i... I don't know what's going on, Rachel..." Raphael groaned, rubbing his head, "I-i... I think I need to go to the Hospital Wing... I think we all do... If Rachel is right about what happened Christmas with all those monsters... Then something very wrong is going on with the rest of us..."
Slava Ukraine!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

Caitie

After a few minutes of revising her noes and reading a little ahead, Caitie looked up to give her eyes a bit of a rest. She scanned the Common Room and noticed that quite a few of her classmates were gone-- no doubt at Rachel's meeting. That included Raph, but she also noticed that Freya was nowhere in sight.

Caitie frowned and put her book down. It wasn't that she had a particular animosity towards the Scandinavian witch, but since their little duel a few months back, matters had been extra frosty between the two young women. It was then that Caitie realised something.

Where was Henry?
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Ed Wilson

A few more dropped in after him, the room was quieted, the voices hushed, and they were off to the races.

Admittedly, Ed snorted a bit at the "Fun Police" remark, but that snicker soon turned into stone-faced rage as Rachel jabbed a finger at him, with a new fun nickname and a message of not fighting over little things. Ed decided to refrain from verbally objecting, instead pursing his lips so tightly the clean-shaven skin around them began to grow white. Alright, maybe his verbal spar with Crassus was a bit hasty, but someone needed to stand up to that egotistical braggart. How could he respect himself if he hadn't even bothered to verbally challenge him? And now he was the bad guy, the villain in this scenario.

And then, things went off the script. Now it was interesting. Rachel went on some babbling tangent about monsters on Christmas, conjured monsters on Christmas to be precise. Now, Ed had a tendency to get tipsy off a pint or two, but what kind of drunk nonsense was that?! Did magic fry brains too? Literally nothing happened on that day, that day was defined by two things; Avery's speech, and the idea of non-existence!

Come to think of it though, he had a difficult time remembering what he had been doing that day. He had slept a bit during the two-hour speech, ate a bit, drank a bit...a bit more...quite a lot, actually. And then he went up the stairs to his room...and woke up in a hospital bed? One of those things was definitely not like the others. How did he go from stairs to hospital? Did he hurt himself? Maybe he fell...yeah, that's what happened! He must've fallen off the stairs, maybe hit his head. He wouldn't have seen any goddamn monsters while he was unconscious in the hospital wing. Rachel kept going on and on about Dementor-like figures sucking the life out of people, animals, shadows. Sounded like some random crock, although anything could happen at this god-forsaken school, he wouldn't put it past Hogwarts.

And that's when things got weirder.

Raph suddenly piped up, asking questions about Alex again. Although this time, the question was weird. How close was he with Alex? It feels like he's forgetting Alex? Forgetting the boyfriend he had for three full years, the boyfriend whom he spent every waking moment with? What the hell was going on, were they all brain-fried from the magic? Rachel apparently shared his confusion, very vocally in fact. So much for him being Mr. Loudmouth. Raph looked stunned at the news, freaking out and yelling something about going to the hospital. This was not turning out well. Damage control was needed immediately.

"Relax, Raph." Ed said, his voice as blase as possible as he attempted to sound casual. "Calm down, it's just a joke, we're pulling your leg, right? You weren't that close with Alex, you were more like friends, casual friends. Although, you did run around in some of the same circles." he said with a small chuckle, shooting off a quick look to the crowd telling them to play along with it.

"Trust me, it's nothing to panic about. It's been a while since he died, you're moving on. It's sad, but we have to get past it."
yea bro idk

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael grunted and shook his head before turning and staring at Edward with eyes close to becoming crazed. What was he on about pulling his leg? Ed was clearly the one pulling his leg. "What the fuck are you getting at?" Raph snapped back, "Pulling my leg? Rachel doesn't pull legs, especially if it's about someone we lost! And I got photo books of Alex and I enjoying hugs and hand holding with grins too much for mere friendship! Not to mention I also found a box of letters from Alex I dont remember and no doubt may be love letters for all I know! It's obvious that we were in a relationship! Heck, I wouldn't be surprised as he was the only guy I felt competent and confident around! So don't go denying me what evidence tells me!"

Raphael took deep breaths and sat back down, staring at the floor as his eyes began to water. It was clear that he and Alex were in love together, yet he couldn't remember any of it save for finding those pictures. Maybe he was the one going crazy. "What I don't get is, how can I forget so easily?" the muggleborn asked looking around, "I know I can be forgetful... and my therapist did say it may be just part of me grieving... Everything just feels so wrong now..."

Raph stood back up. "Like I said, I think I may need to see the Hospital Wing or something... And if Rachel is right, how can we be sure all of our memories are alright?"
Last edited by Triassica on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:37 am

Anton Valgerth Hurt

William was different. Everyone could realize that. He was paler than usual, more hollow. He seemed much more content, though, but more nervous as well. His eyes were lit up ever since the train had arrived at Hogwarts and his reactions at the announcements of Avery were passionate as well. Anton didn’t have a chance to talk to him yet but he desperately wanted to.

The boy’s Christmas were uneventful and quite boring. He had to make excuses for William at the orphanage’s staff as he was leaving the establishment quite often. After a day, he didn’t return. The staff didn’t question it; Anton couldn’t know for what reason but he went along. William’s birthday was approaching as well, so his Trace would soon be lifted. The boy shivered at that thought, without knowing why. Actually he knew but he didn’t want to remember that.

Meanwhile, Susan wouldn’t talk to the boy. She changed directions whenever they crossed paths, no matter how much Anton tried to approach her. She was one of his first friends and she, like Klara, had abandoned him. But he knew that was wrong. They didn’t abandon him. He betrayed them both. That thought stayed with his mind, all along the holidays, the train ride, right into the Hall when Avery started speaking.

There was quite a big ruckus after Avery announced the control of the Ministry over the school. William’s predictions were beginning to come true as time went on. Still, he saw his friend in a much different light than before. Yet, after the dinner had ended, along the hallways he put his hand on William’s shoulder.

“It’s good to see y-“

William jumped around, his hand reaching inside his pocket. It wasn’t his wand that he was reaching for however, but the stilt of something else. When he saw the boy, he let his arm go and greeted Anton.

“Sorry for that. With all these recent news, I am a bit stressed, that’s all. It’s good to see you, Anton. I was a bit busy over the holidays as you know. How’re you holding up?”

Anton was startled but he kept his composure.
“Good. I want to ask you something. Is everything we discussed going forward? Also, it started burning over the holidays, the Dar-“ William at that time fell on Anton. He made it seem like a hit but in actuality, he had shut his mouth with his elbow.

“It’s very good to see you again, my old friend.” He moved his head closer to Anton’s ear.
“Now that the Ministry has taken over, everything has ears. We can talk more you-know-where in some days’ time. I am heading there now to rejuvenate our pale friends downstairs. And yes, everything is coming along, it will happen next trip at the village. I will no longer have an eye on me then.”

He removed his arms from Anton and stepped back.
“I have to go now. We can talk more later this week. Goodnight, Anton.” William raised his hand to wave goodbye to the boy as he left, walking swiftly towards the exit they had found that could lead them back to the cabin. Anton stood motionless at first, silent. He waved a goodbye, and seeing no one around, no one to speak to or even greet, he headed to the Common Room, towards the Dungeons.
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Madi looked around the room before speaking.
"Wait a second, you mean the Ministry mind wiped all of us save for you two? Were the teachers also mind wiped? I don't know who we can tell because if they know that this happened and we're trying to remember what happened that night, they're gonna make sure we don't remember anything about that night at all. They might even go after you and Andrew, Rachel."
She walked over to Raph and sat down next to him, glaring at Ed.
"Raph, listen to me, it's obvious that someone performed Oblivate on you, that's why your head hurts whenever you try to remember Alex. You two were very, very close, lovers, there, I said it, please try to stay calm, like I told Rachel, I don't think going to Pomfrey is a good idea. I'm worried that if we tell anyone that we kinda of remember that night, they're gonna do something....I just don't know what."

Meanwhile, Derek was staring at a girl he'd never seen before, well, she looked somewhat familiar, maybe he'd seen her in the corridors at some point in time.
"Sorry to ask, but....who are you, exactly?"
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Astrid Toujouse

Having been cut off before I could respond to Rachel, I sat quietly out of the way, and pondered for a moment. I’d have to explain myself eventually, especially with roommates. That’s probably how people would figure it out, actually. Not that it really mattered, as it wasn’t as if I had any enemies who’d likely go out of their way to mess with me. I’m not entirely sure if a lot of folks are even sure of my blood status, come to think of it. That was probably a plus, considering the events of my years in the wizarding world. Being ambiguous to most people got me prime tickets to being ignored so I could get what I needed to do done. Finally, the anticipated question of who I am came from...Daryll? That sounded wrong...his name was...Derek. Yes, that’s it. Derek.

“Oh, my name’s Astrid,” I said, making a point of responding with nonchalance.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raph simply looked up at Madi and stared at her with eyes of horror. It was indeed something that was poking at the back of his mind since he found himself having memory problems. It only made sense that the teachers were mind wiping the students. ...No. Not the teachers.

"I think it's more of the Aurors who are obliviating us, Madi." Raph replied to her, his voice shaking and nerved, "This had all been going on since that Avery showed up with his goons, turning this school into a police state... Avery must not want us remembering monsters invading the school... Makes me wonder what else is happening in the school that we have 'forgotten'..."

Raph shook and looked down at the floor with wide eyes. All of this was like a pile of boulders upon his back. He felt violated with his precious memories stolen from him. The mind is a most cherished thing to a person and for someone to just go in and rob it was something like rape.

"I just don't understand though..." cried Raphael, shaking again and sounding like he was on the verge of tears, "Why would someone want me to forget Alex? I must have loved him as much as he had loved me! Why would I ever want to forget any of that?"
Last edited by Triassica on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 am

Rachel

After her sudden outburst, Rachel could only stare solemnly as Raphael practically broke down in front of everyone. Part of her already regretted answering him. But after some of the others' inferences of mind-wiping, she could only wonder.

As they bickered on, Rachel sunk back down into her seat, resting her chin on folded hands. She stared blankly into the tabletop.

'Obliviate...'

Madi addressed her, but Raphael spoke up again before she had a chance to respond. She heard him out. But before anyone else could reply to him, Rachel smacked her palms upon the table once more.

"Everyone calm down," she said firmly, contrasting her previously laid-back demeanor that she had when they started this damned meeting. She waited patiently for them to shut it.

"It's clear now that something's wrong around here. And whether this is the work of Avery, the Aurors, or some other third thing remains to be seen. But Andy and I took cover in one of the bathrooms during the incident before Christmas, and I don't remember us running into any monsters trying to pull memories out of my head, nor any of the Aurors at the time. Personally, I can't see the staff going so far as to wipe the memories of every single student in the school. But considering Avery's history of going to stupid lengths to make this school look good, I don't think we should rule that out."

Rachel glanced to Raphael.

"I don't know if your issue is related to the incident, but I'm sorry. I didn't know you had it this bad. Frankly, I assumed everyone was simply too afraid to mention the monsters in the same light as the staff or the Aurors."

"But whatever this is, we know something that someone doesn't want us to know. And if they're doing this to the student body to keep secrets, there's no way it can be good. But I know we can get to the bottom of this if we work together."

She leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms as she looked about the room.

"We'll get back together in a couple days and discuss any findings," she told them. "Now go get some rest."
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Ricardo

In silence, the pandemonium around him unfolded. Ricardo sat in silence and watched. Only spoke, trying to calm down Raphael, to no avail. Finally, the Slytherin questioned the motives for anyone wanting him to forget Alex. Rachel replied. Ricardo couldn’t pay a lot of attention, thinking about this whole thing. Specially Raph. He was affected when Alex died, naturally. Could it be something his mind made? Could it be his own pain suppressed the memories of his boyfriend? If not, then who? Not why. He couldn’t imagine a member of the staff trying to fix a loving and grief affair between students.

Isolde

She had joined the outburst initially, and was rather exalted for a moment, but managed to calm down a moment before Rachel put an end to it. She thought about the implications. Isolde failed to imagine Blahone or Flitwick wiping out the memories of frightened children, if the tales of ghostly monsters were real. She had an idea.
“Rachel. If monsters attacked the school. At least some of us defended ourselves.” Isolde stood up and held her wand. “Wouldn’t our wands remember the enchantments?”

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 am

Rachel/Andrew

"They would, yeah," Rachel said to Isolde in realization. "But it's been so many days since we left for Christmas. Who knows how long they could trace back to..."

As some of them began to leave, she sighed, crossing her arms over the surface of the table. "Look," Rachel told her. "I've got a busy schedule this week, but I'll read up on the subject if I can find the time. We'll figure something out."

Once Isolde had left, the room was finally quiet again. The only person left standing around their meeting table was Andrew, who had kept more or less quiet during the entirety of the event - taking everything in. He looked at her in silence. Rachel rubbed her forehead, still staring at the tabletop lost in thought.

"You alright?"

"No," Rachel said plainly, not even bothering to look up. "No I'm not."

"Oh, come on. It could've been worse."

"It could've been better, too," she almost snapped back at him. "This went from what could've just been a stupid prank to something even worse! The Dark Mark on Halloween, the monsters on Christmas, and now someone's wiping everyone's memories? Whoever's doing this could get away with anything!"

There was another pause.

"God..." Rachel looked up at him. "What the fuck is happening, Andy? It's going to be like last year...isn't it--?"

"Hey--" Andrew interrupted that final thought. "No it won't. We're not about to let that happen, remember? And that goes for everyone else too. It doesn't matter whether or not they believe what we saw. Every single one of us is always in this together."

She hung her head.

"You said it yourself - So long as we work together, we can make a difference, right?"

"I know, I know..." Rachel said with a sigh and a dismissive wave of her hand. "Go on. It's getting late, and I need to put everything away before Filch starts his rounds."

He started for the door. "You don't need any help? You look bushed already--"

"I've got it, you bloody dork."

"Okay, okay!" he chuckled as he walked out. "Night!"

Rachel smirked at the door as it closed.

"Goodnight..."

The Following Afternoon
The Great Hall
Professor Alexander Sedwig

As the Sixth Years made their way to their Transfiguration class scheduled for last period, many of them knew what was coming up. But the class would eventually be surprised to find Sedwig's classroom door locked. A large piece of parchment was pinned to this door, informing the students that today's class would be held in the Great Hall.

/\/\/\

Meanwhile, with said last period of the day growing ever closer, Professor Sedwig ran a hand through his frizzy and long unkempt hair as he stepped into the vastness of the Great Hall. Though it was a common occurrence to see him in a happy-go-lucky mood, one could easily guess that today was an unusually good day.

And, for this teacher in particular, it was!

Sedwig withdrew both hands from his patchwork brown cloak, and reached outward in front of him. Immediately, each of the four enormous house tables shifted. Following his hand gestures like an orchestra and its conductor, the wooden tables lifted from the ground, and were set flat against the side walls. And with another simple wave of Sedwig's hands, they transfigured themselves to cover the walls of the Great Hall with an elegant set of wooden paneling.

When the shifting of wood and marble ceased, the Hall was left in a tranquil silence.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Caitie

The first day of classes passed without too much incident. Despite the government's lifting of the duelling ban, few students seemed ready to take the step towards confrontation and there were no mishaps on that end.

And so, with the rest of the day's classes over Caitie made her way back to the Great Hall for the first apparation class. Caitie took her seat near the front and took out a book to read as Sedwig waited for the rest of the Year 6 students to arrive.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Sedwig is back boys

Madi & Derek
The Great Hall

Derek and Madi arrived at the Great Hall and saw Sedwig standing in the middle of the room, the tables now covering the walls of the Great Hall with an elegant set of wooden paneling.
"Well, doesn't he look happy."
Madi nodded in response to Derek as they took their seats in the front row, as they had gotten there early, before mostly everyone else.
Caitie was already there, Madi waved to her, not really expecting anything in response.
Ferndal, the Kneazle kitten, poked his head out of Derek's shirt pocket and meowed, green eyes wide as the cat glanced around the room.
Wow, where am I?
Derek looked surprised at the appearance of his kitten and Madi picked up the cat and Ferndal started purring and pawing the air slowly, his eyes ha;f closed.
Friend. I like you.
"Yeah, I like you too, Ferndal."
She spoke to Derek.
"So, how much do you want to bet either of us does this the first try?"
Derek rolled his eyes.
"Nothing. Do you know how hard it is?"
"Yeah."
Madi lifted the kitten and held him out in front of her a bit.
"Now what are we going to do with you?"

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raph mumbled and grunted upon finding the door to Sedwig's classroom locked and the note for the Great Hall. He sighed and turned around to set back to where he came from after earlier for breakfast. The muggleborn rubbed his eyes and yawned tiredly, having had only a couple hours of sleep after thinking about Alex. The fact that his mind was violated and his memories wiped disturbed him deeply. Every time Raph tried sleeping, Raph ended up having nightmares of Alexander's burnt body again...

Raphael walked inside the Great Hall, seeing old Sedwig in the center of the room. He had a feeling of what the old professor had in mind to teach and the muggleborn sat down. Raph noticed suddenly that he was sitting next to that purple haired girl he saw last night. What was her name again? Astrid? He didn't recall ever meeting or seeing her before, even with his warped memories.

Raphael turned pink and scratched his head nervously. "So, uh... Salut, Mlle Astrid." He greeted her in his French accent, "Are you new here? I don't think we have met, have we?"
Last edited by Triassica on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse