NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: Year Six - Baelfire [IC/APPS CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Astrid Toujouse

I quietly blew my hot cocoa as nothing was said for a time, and sipped it. Very sweet—if he wasn’t terrifying, I should like to visit his office more often. It really seemed he was messing with my head, making time trickle away...time trickle away...time...time to go...Hogsmeade...Raph! I’d forgotten in my anguish that I’d told him I’d meet him at Hogsmeade! Clothes! I needed those too, and the weight of more money than I’d ever carried at once in my pocket reminded me more brutally. And yet I was here, in an office with a man who was painfully uncanny, mundanely dramatic, and seemingly wholeheartedly set on consuming my time for a few logistic questions. That was, at least, what it seemed, until he commented that magic among muggles was illegal. I knew that, though my understanding was that it was more about muggles actively witnessing magic. I wasn’t going to preform any spells with conscious friends, anyway. The FtM triad of spells was for a sleepover, when they weren’t conscious. Before the Trace disappeared, I’d need to figure out how to explain the sudden change. Or could I make it seem natural, somehow?

And then he mentioned Grindelwald. Was he...comparing me...to Grindelwald? Had he somehow heard my speaking with Raph yesterday? Had my musings been taken as extremism or something?! The Ministry was brutal these days...running afoul of them would make my life as hellish as it was just a short time ago, probably more so.

“I’m familiar with Grindelwald. He was a pure blood supremacist, or at least a precursor, and believed that wizards were innately superior to muggles. He foresaw WWII to some extent, and wanted wizards to take control and rule over muggles in order to prevent it, or so he said. Is that correct?”

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:Rachel

Rachel had just left the castle itself when she heard the calling of birds above her. They looked familiar.

"Oh, it's you two--" was all she was able to get out before Derek and Madi came up with Quidditch gear on.

"Huh--? Oh! Hey," she greeted them. Stigr had let out a curious churring noise, clutching the single galleon Rachel had given him like the little hoarder he was. "Yeah. I was thinking of taking a walk at least."

When that little kneazle of Derek's trotted up to her, she couldn't help but smile at how cute it was. Though what came as a bigger surprise was what she 'heard' from it.

"Huh..." she mused. "Is he...talking to me?" Rachel looked at the niffler sitting on her shoulder, and Stigr stared back. "You don't do that..."

The Kneazle kitten continued to talk to Rachel, as it climbed up her jacket and laid down on her right shoulder, purring.
You always nice. Your beast form so soft....This fur coat so soft as well...

Madi looked out past Rachel to the distant village of Hogsmeade.
"Finally free from taking groups, huh? Yeah, you can come with us, I guess we can discuss future meeting plans on the way."
Derek had already started to walk down the path and he turned around to gaze back at Madi and Rachel.
"Well? Are you two coming or not?"
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 am

Raphael Raymond

Raphael nodded and sighed with hands in his pocket at Ricardo as he gave his own thoughts on Astrid's absence. Something back at school must be keeping her and it seemed to have Avery's fingerprints written all over it. Astrid just does not seem to be the type to just ditch him like this without saying anything about it. The possibility was heart wrenching, nonetheless...

"Yeah, I hope that she turns up soon." Raph replied, "Would be pretty difficult to get her clothing without her presence to make decisions on what she want. However, there is still something odd about her... I have never seen her before, even despite her claims of being a library dweller like I am..."
Slava Ukraine!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 pm

The Headmaster

Avery gave a little nod before he continued.

"In a sense you're correct, but Grindelwald was not merely a Pureblood Supremacist, like Lord Voldemort," he explained. "I think the most accurate way of describing his philosophy is paternalistic--he felt that Wizards should use our gifts to help and guide Muggles." Avery gave a slight pause as he took a sip from his teacup.

"You can tell already the inherent danger in this type of thinking. It implies not only a responsibility but also a self-righteous attitude. Muggles are less gifted in magic, yes, but they are capable of leading themselves. They are not children--nor are they playthings." Avery seemed to emphasise this last point as he dragged the words out. He gave Astrid a cold look, a clear warning of sorts as his pause created a cool tension in the air.

"I had a friend once," Avery suddenly said, seemingly changing topics and tone. "He and I were in the same year at Hogwarts. Now, this was right after the fall of the Dark Lord, mind you. They were different times," he said, somewhat nostalgically. "He also believed in helping the Muggles." Avery paused for a moment.

"He's serving a life sentence at Azkaban."
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Astrid Toujouse

He thought I took a patronizing view of muggles? I supposed an incomplete tidbit of...yesterday’s conversation with Raph...might’ve given him the idea. Hopefully I could clear it up, and hopefully he hadn’t heard what I wanted to use a few spells I knew. My friends needed me, of course! They could manage themselves, but why be so selfish as to keep this magical fix to myself? They wouldn’t need to be told what I’d done, but even then I could help.

“I understand, sir,” I nodded with a blank expression on my face, suppressing the nervous smile I’d often get with all my might, “I suppose you overheard a conversation I was having yesterday? I certainly understand how what I was musing about might’ve given that impression. I guess, to clarify my thoughts, I ought to say, and honesty might fail me here, as if often has: I have some friends who’re like me, in a way. They’re muggles, and, unlike me, they’ll have to go through all sorts of expensive muggle medical procedures to...”

I paused for a second, and swallowed.

Point is—point is: It’s just so expensive, and the results are objectively less satisfactory than the magic way, which would be free...for them. I just wish there was some way to help them, like friends do. I...I don’t know if you’ve ever been in a situation where you know something that could really help someone, but you’re not supposed to... I just wish I could do something to help, because they have it a lot harder than I do. I can just wave a wand and look what’s best for me, but it costs them more than 50,0—well, in wizarding money, it’d be more than 49,000 galleons. Just to be themselves. I’m being redundant, but I wish I could give more to them because they’ve given me a lot. I’m sorry if I’ve caused any trouble...sir...with my mus—uh, thinking with my heart instead of my brain.”

Throughout my entire little monologue, I got slower, and more nervous as he listened. How could someone just unnerve me like my parents could?

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 am

Ricardo

After Raph stated his questions about Astrid, Ricardo scratched his chin.
“Well, nor do I recall seeing her before. But she can’t have just popped out of thin air, right?”
Unless she apparated, Ricardo imagined. Of course, nobody can just apparate in Hogwarts either. Even then, her marks in school should be somewhere. Maybe teachers keep a record of the students’ grades that gave him an idea.

“Say, doesn’t Filch keep a record of all students? I heard that on Christmas.” He smiled at Raph and allowed the idea to sink in. “I believe it wouldn’t be impossible to sneak into his office and see if we can find anything about her.”
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm

The Headmaster

The Lord Chancellor of Education remained silent as Astrid gave her little monologue. His only gestures were a few sips of his tea. After she concluded, Avery gave little indication of his thoughts as he let an uncomfortable pause develop until he suddenly replied.

"I do not think you understand the gravity of this," he said bluntly. "The type of...change...you desire for them is not some small matter, but one that would draw considerable attention. Muggles will not merely accept something like that happening overnight. There will be an investigation. When you decided to attend Hogwarts you, in essence, signed away your right to live amongst the Muggles. Your loyalty first and foremost is to your fellow Wizards. I need not remind you that Muggleborns already need to prove their loyalty after the fiasco the past few years. No, I am afraid that we cannot allow you to use magic on Muggles with impunity. The consequences will be grave...not just for you, but for them as well."

Avery paused for several moments.

"Do I make myself clear?"
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 am

Rachel

It didn't take long before Rachel realized she was practically surrounded by animals. Crimson and Grace continued circling above them as they walked, Rachel only stopping when she felt Derek's kneazle kitten start climbing her robe. Eventually, it perched itself on her right shoulder, with Stigr on her left. She reached up and scratched him behind the ears, merely listening as it seemingly "talked" to her.

"Hold on," she called once she noticed Derek had gotten pretty far ahead. "Coming!"

Rachel broke off into a jog to keep up with him, ignoring the kneazle and the niffler that playfully chased one another from shoulder to shoulder.

"Oi! Watch the hair!" she said to the both of them, before turning her attention to Derek.

"So where are we going exactly? I'm following you."
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael scratched his head in thought of Ricardo's suggestion. However, he flinched and shook his head. "Nah, I don't think we need to do anything that drastic." the muggleborn said, "We could just ask Filch or any of the other staff. I'm not really keen on getting in trouble with Avery..."

Raphael sighed and kicked the dirt a little. "I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right..." he admitted, "Is it really right for me to go for another relationship after losing Alex so soon ago? Even if I forgot all of it..."
Slava Ukraine!

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am

Ricardo

Ricardo had a tough time imagining Filch agreeing to something like that. After all, the already legendarily-grumpy caretaker was probably in his worst mood of the year after the graffiti drawn in the entrance to the Main hall. So he didn’t even concern about it.

“I don’t think it’s too soon, to be honest. It’s been just below a year. It’s probably just the fact you were reminded of it like that and probably feel it happened last week.” He said quietly, unsure if Raphael would mind such a conversation getting public. “But in any scenario, the worst you could do, I believe, is subordinating your future to Alex. Doesn’t mean to forget, but to try new experiences as something unique. It will make
them valuable, and keep your previous life with Alex valuable as well.”

He was staring at the Slytherin without really looking as he spoke. Ricardo wasn’t sure why he spoke like that, and at the sudden realization he blinked as if he woke from some gloomy daydreaming. “Anyway. If you would rather wait for Astrid, we could probably do something else. Unless you intend to spend the afternoon with Caitie?” Ricardo smiled as he looked over the group at the prefect. "We could loosen the wand-grip and practice some Defense Spells, what do you say?"
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Astrid Toujouse

Cowritten with The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune

I sighed. He was right, even if I hated it. Could I still perhaps figure it out? Maybe I could space the spells in a way that it would appear to be the work of muggle science...but it wasn’t worth saying now. Maybe some day. Now, the headmaster needed an answer that would put me in the clear. He could’ve shipped me off to Azkaban the second he got the tip, or the second I explained myself, but he didn’t. Best to speak to the choir...

“Yes sir...” I solemnly replied, “I understand. I’ll make the right choice.”

With that, I was dismissed. I left the headmaster’s office, and stood for a moment. There was still plenty of time to head to Hogsmeade, but I did have a date...

Freyja was passing around the corner with a few other members of Henry's gang, the ones most loyal to Henry. The tall blonde girl had settled right into the role of queen bee of the group, and the rest of them buzzed around her like a hive of workers. Freyja turned her head towards a nearby grinding sound and watched as a gargoyle spun around to reveal Astrid. Recognizing the location from the few times Henry's father visited she called out to the other girl "ASTRID!"

I turned around with a jump. She knew my name? Wait. She was the one who offered me a seat during apparation. Right.
“Hi Freyja,” I said.

Freyja smiled as she approached, the rest of the group taking the queue to stand back, before looking at the gargoyle. She raised an eyebrow and asked "What does the headmaster want with you?"

“He was giving me a friendly reminder to keep magic around wizards, one might say,” I roundaboutedly replied.

Freyja nodded, giving one last look at the gargoyle before shaking her head and said "Waste if you ask me. We could have such a better world working together. Anyways, are you going to Hogsmeade today? We were just about to head down."

“Yes, I’m actually a bit late to meet someone, I think, but I’d be happy to talk on the way,” I nodded, “I’d love to help my muggle friends with some stuff that muggle medecine just can’t easily do, but after the last few years of debacles with us muggleborns, I don’t have much leeway to try anything.”

Freyja shook her head as she began to walk towards the exit of the school. "Back in Sweden, the lines between Wizard and muggle have been thinning for years. Look at how much life has improved there. Wizard's providing for Muggle, and Muggle supporting wizard. It's a shame the rest of the world doesn't realize the benefit. But you don't want to hear ramblings on that subject. Who are you meeting today?"

“Raph, I’m pretty sure his name is, seems to be taking a passing interest in me,” I drawled as we went to the door, “He’s a bit odd, but my understanding is that he wants to buy me lunch. Free stuff isn’t anything to sneeze at, in any case.”

Freyja struggled to withold a laugh. "He's more than a little odd, but free is free. Strange though, I thought he was gay. Where is he taking you though? Three Broomsticks?"

“No clue. He’s supposed to meet me in the streets for clothes shopping first. As you can probably guess, I’m in sore need of some wardrobe adjustments,” I shrugged, “Maybe he’s looking for a friend, but he did ask a while ago if I was single...”

"You'd go clothes shopping with him? Astrid please, you have to let me and a few of the girls take you later today one your done with him. By the time we're done it'll be like you never had another wardrobe. As for friends, he seems to have quite a few. Normally I'd be a bit suspicious for you, but Raph seems harmless enough"

“I’m flattered,” I laughed, “I’ve got a few things I know I want, but I could definitely use a competent second opinion. I’ve still got my training wheels on as far as appearance goes, heh.”

"I have to say, you've got some very weak training wheels then, because you have the physical appearance nailed. You'd make some experienced transfigurers jealous. After you're done with Raph, meet up with us at Serpent's Kiss, it's a new place down the road from Three Sticks, you'll love it."

“What do you mean?” I asked, trying to probe and see if she knew who I used to be.

Freyja smiled and said "Astrid, my boyfriend is the son of the Lord Minister. I hear about when people wish to transfer into Hogwarts." Freyja whispered in Astrids ear for the next part "And worry not. Your secret is safe with me."

“Thank you. Loose lips sink ships, after all...” I murmured, “Easier matters, anyway, what style do you think would fit me best?”

"For you, I think one that is refined but also has a playful statement to it. I wouldn't compare it exactly to my own, more like the intersection between me and that Rachel girl. You also have to pick a colour that matches better with Ravenclaw blue. The purple and pink clash a bit too much."

“I like ruffle a-line skirts in concept, but I’d really like your eye when I try them on if you don’t mind.”

Freyja put her hand on Astrid's shoulder and said "Astrid, if you let me handle this, you won't ever have to worry about style again."

“By all means!” I affirmed, raising my hands up in a bit of a dramatic response, “I love my ideas but I can never quite tell what’s good for me!”

"Believe me" Freyja crooned "I learned my stuff from Elizabeth Grey. Have you heard of her? She's the top of the wizarding fashion world. When I'm done, there won't be a person in this school looking at you funny."

“I haven’t gotten anyone looking at me funny yet, but a preemptive measure is always a good thing. I’ve gleaned a little about wizard fashioned, but without a wizard internet to consult, I’m still not all too attuned.”

"Well then, when you're done... shopping, or whatever imitation of it Raph brings you on, just meet me and the girls at Serpent's Kiss."

“Sure thing! I guess I’ll see you later, then,” I said, beginning to walk off in search of Raph.

Freyja waved her off before setting off for the newer black and green building further down the road than the typical student hotspots.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Jacob and Savannah

The two figures walked hand and hand on the road leading to Hogsmeade. The young man was dark haired and quite tall, towering over the fair young lady at his side.

The two were in deep conversation, and if any observer was close enough to here their topic of conversation, they would wonder how the two could even stand each others presence.

“Savannah, honey, those fucking bastards deserve every ounce of pain that we can give them. They murdered innocent children, sent the fucking government even farther down a road of oppression, why can’t you see that?” The young man, Jacob, asked.

“Jake,” Savannah said, using her nickname for him, an Americanized version of his name. “The only way to deal with people like them is to ignore them at the least, and fight only defensively at most, they’re bullies, nothing more, and bullies never change.” She said

“How can we just ignore them?!” He said, incredulous in his tone of voice. “They murdered innocent people, they bombed our school for the lords sake, I held an eleven year old girl in my arms as she died from that bomb, I will never forget that, and I will never forget” he said

He then unlaced his hand from hers and stopped the both of them in their tracks, “I’m going to go ahead and see if a can find some of the others, meet me at the pub” he said before hurrying off, really intending to just get away from her beliefs.

Sad that Jacob couldn’t see from her point of view, Savannah simply trudged onto the Hogsmeade alone, a silent tear sliding down her cheek.
Last edited by Revlona on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:Rachel

It didn't take long before Rachel realized she was practically surrounded by animals. Crimson and Grace continued circling above them as they walked, Rachel only stopping when she felt Derek's kneazle kitten start climbing her robe. Eventually, it perched itself on her right shoulder, with Stigr on her left. She reached up and scratched him behind the ears, merely listening as it seemingly "talked" to her.

"Hold on," she called once she noticed Derek had gotten pretty far ahead. "Coming!"

Rachel broke off into a jog to keep up with him, ignoring the kneazle and the niffler that playfully chased one another from shoulder to shoulder.

"Oi! Watch the hair!" she said to the both of them, before turning her attention to Derek.

"So where are we going exactly? I'm following you."

The two birds, Crimson and Grace, began to chase each other through the air, diving and swooping past each other as their owners walked with Rachel towards Hogsmeade.
Madi had summoned a spell book out of nowhere and was skimming through it while walking.

"I think we should go to the Three Broomsticks, get something to eat, check out Honeydukes, see what's on sale there, then go from there. There's this new place called the Serpent's Kiss that I want to check out, have you heard about it?"
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Bran Black
December, 1069

The air misted at his breath, an unnatural nip in the air as he hefted the heavy axe in the air once more, and brought it down upon a log, splitting another load of fire wood. A younger man walked up with a wheelbarrow, placing the split logs into it. Over the hill tops, a great plume of smoke wafted into the air, and the screams of agony seemed to follow it. It was a punishment from the Gods, at least that's what his grandmother would have said. Grandmother black often told the stories her grandfather told her as a girl, of legends of the isles long forgotten. One in particular stood out to Bran now. Once, the children of England had been blessed with good fortune and peace, and the Gods told them to use these gifts wisely. The Britons used the gifts frivously, and freely, and so the Gods saw fit to punish them. Thus, the Gods guided the Romans to Britain and brought the Britons low. Perhaps William, like the Romans, truely was a punishment from his grandmother's gods. Or maybe he was reading too much into an old wives tale.

In whatever case, William had had enough of the people of his new Kingdom rebelling against his rule and had brought hell itself to the north to make sure that there would be no rebellions ever again. Scorched earth, families slaughtered, livestock slain and left to rot, fields salted. William sought only to bring waste to the North and be done with it forever. It was a waste on everyone's part, but Bran had no desire to be involved. A small manor such as his would hopefully be left alone while William carried out his slaughter. Finishing the last of the days wood, Bran helped his son load it into the wheelbarrow. The teenager answered with a gruff "Why do we use our hands for this father? Wouldn't it be easier just to use magic?"

Bran responded with a low growl "Why are you asking that question again, do you think the answer will change?"

The boy responded "Maybe one day."

Bran smiled a bit at the lad's optimism before saying "Not while the Normans are in charge. But maybe, when William dies. In any case, this discussion won't get your chores done. Help me load the last of this wood."

The pair finished the job quickly. Bran's son was about to speak once again when Bran raised his hand. The sound of galloping hooves could be heard as over the ambient noise of massacre. Standing up, Bran listened for a but longer to make sure that the noises were approaching him. When he had confirmed that, he reached into the back of his belt and pulled out both a seax and his wand, gesturing for his son to pull out his own knife. Suddenly, two riders in pale blue cloaks crested the hill in front of them. Their horses were white, but colored dark grey from ash. The two stopped in front of Bran and reared their horse. Bran didn't flinch for a second. Finally, one of them removed his hood, revealing a wild mane of black hair around his face. A familiar voice came from within the knotted mess "You are a hard man to find brother."

Bran narrowed his eyes as the black haired man dismounted his horse. "Sirius..." he responded.

Sirius chortled and said "Aye, it's been a while hasn't it. Three very long years since you and Godwinson left me for dead in that bloody river."

Bran kept his hands on his weapons, there was something off about his brother. "You served a Godwinson as well, or did you get hit on the head and forget?"

The ragged man laughed again and said "Tostig was never worthy to bear the name of his father and brother. You should know, you killed him. I saw that you know, from the field. I saw you duel the man I swore to protect. But I let you kill him, because I couldn't bring myself to kill my own brother. And how was I repayed? I was gutted and left to die in a stream. If it weren't for a nearby bog hag I probably would have bled out then and there. But I was healed by her instead. And what do I find out? My last non-exiled family member didn't even look for my body."

The younger Black looked at his brother with a look of astoundment, before saying "Sirius, the stacks of corpses were taller than a man, You could have made a manor out of the bodies, how was I even supposed to begin looking for you?"

Sirius answered with utter vitriol "You're a wizard, you could have figured it out. I thought I taught you better." Sirius then straightened up a bit and said "I don't think my colleague and you have ever been formally introduced. Bran, this is Armand Malfoi. He's quite the smart fellow, graduated top of his class from Beauxbatons."

The other man pulled down his hood to reveal a head of platinum blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He raised a hand and offered a simple "Bonjour."

Bran gave him a wave back before refocusing on Sirius, who was talking again "You see, I'm here for a simple reason Brother. I lost everything, that day in the river. I lost my lord, my way, my heart, and my soul. And because Good King Harold is already dead, there's only one person to take revenge on."

Before Bran could even react, his weapons were flying into the hands of the Malfoi fellow. A flash of green light filled the air as Bran's son fell to the ground. Bran turned around to see the lifeless body of his child in the mud. He then felt the cold feeling of steel in his back. A fireball arced over his head and set the house ablaze. Bran tried to yell but could find no words as he began to choke. He heard his wife begin to scream within the house. Bran turned around to face his brother. Sirius reached out and flicked Bran in the had, causing the younger brother to fall over. Bran vision began to fade as he heard his brother gallop away, the world turning black to the sound of hooves.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Savannah

The tears on her face were falling freely as she entered the three broomsticks. Seeing how he pub was packed tight, Savannah made an effort to wipe the tears away, but failed as more came.

Taking a seat in the corner of the room by herself, she composed herself long enough to order a drink, before she broke apart into tears again.

Several see this and feel pity for the girl, as she was a popular figure whenever she was in the three broomsticks, always cheerful and willing to give a smile.

Nobody approached her though, and for that she was thankful, she didn’t want to embarrass herself more than she already was.

Jacob

He stood by himself looking at the abandoned house that everyone knew as the Shrieking Shack.

He regretted storming away from Savannah, though he was to proud to go and apologize right at the moment, he would later on though, at the right moment.

He really only wanted to be alone with his thoughts for the moment. Seating himself in the dirt and pressing his back against an old tree, he simply contemplated his ideals, and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the clearing.
Lover of doggos

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 pm

David

Ahh it was finally Hogsmade. Altough not fast enough out of the dorm to meet up with his girlfriend liked he hoped he did manage to snag a ride with another prefect before leaving to Hogsmade.

Soon after arriving to Hogsmade David, made a quick trip to the 3 broomsticks to grab a warm butterbeer before searching for Isolde. After he arrived he got a butterbeer, tipped his waitress a little bit and then walked right out.

And as luck would have it his girlfriend was right there.

"Is! Hey sorry I didn't make in time to head down with you. Want a butterbeer? Wasn't sure I'd find you before it got cold."
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Caitie

After her conversation with Isolde, some of the younger third years wanted to go to the pub. While Caitie was apprehensive and even tried to dissuade the little buggers, their incessant grumbling and overall annoying behaviour forced the young woman's hand and she brought them into the Three Broomsticks.

"Now," she warned the group with her icy glare and cold tone, "I expect that you will all be on your best behaviour."

As Caitie sat down, she noticed the peculiar sight of Savannah in the corner, in tears. Ordinarily she probably wouldn't have given two pence about some tart crying, but the fact that it was the usually overtly optimistic Savannah piqued her interest.

And thus, with a little bit of (nearly) silent magic, Caitie delved into her most recent memories and learned the source of her anguish...

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Savannah

Unbeknownst to Savannah, the thoughts and recent memories that were flashing through her mind was be shared to caitie across the room.

She would see the argument between Jacob and Savannah just minutes before, and the direction that Jacob stormed off to.

She would see things that were probably best kept between Jacob and Savannah, but she saw them anyways.

She would see the secret fears that Savannah had, for she believed that Jacob was losing interest in her, or that he may just be using her for her body and that he was even cheating on her.

She would see, and see, and see, until she would finally decide to stop.
Lover of doggos

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Freyja

The tall blonde girl waved off Astrid and continued to stride down the street. Though there were a few, from the other various cliques who opposed Henry, who ignored her presence and cast her evil looks as she passed, a large part of the student body recognized her as the current leader of Henry's group, and made way for her. There was no doubt that if Henry was the king, Freyja was queen. A few others more closely related to the inner circle tagged onto her group, including a few of the girls Freyja had been turning into a bit of a follower base for herself. Smiling, she pushed open the doors to the Serpent's Kiss. The smell of sweet magical herbs hit her in the face almost as soon as she walked in.

Striding over to a smaller booth in the corner of the room with her lackeys, she called over Greenwood and said "No one comes over here but that Astrid girl. Everyone else, keep them away however you can." The large boy nodded. Content for the moment, Freyja took one of the nearby hoses and took a long breath from the magical hookah, blowing out a bit of smoke and laughing.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Ed Wilson

No. There would be no way in hell that Edward Wilson would relent to being chaperoned around like a child around the fun-happy-time-magic village. No. No no no. Just because he wasn't a Prefect doesn't mean he wasn't responsible. He could take care of himself for a day to go to the pub, buy candy and find some new quills. He didn't need no Prefect to herd him around with a bunch of snotty-nosed, red-faced ding-dongs who walked out halfway through Quidditch tryouts.

He had other methods.

Carefully, he leaned next to the statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor on the third floor, one elbow propped up on the one-eyed witch's head. He needed the coast to be clear, only a few knew about this secret passage, he had only found out by accident from his mapmaking hunts. He couldn't risk any hushed rumors spreading. Eleven-year-olds could transfer secrets faster than Africans transfer HIV. The halls were packed with students heading off to the Front Gates and Flich's pokey-device, a few giving curious glances at Ed. Although there wasn't too much reason to be suspicious, plenty of sixth and seventh years were staying back, many had gotten bored of Hogsmeade's novelty. The Aurors were too busy shepherding the lanes of younger students, they wouldn't notice him. They needed to move with the crowd in order to do their job.

Eventually, the hallway became clear, but it would only stay that way for a few blissful seconds. He needed to act quickly. Drawing his wand, he tapped the hump on old Gunhilda's back twice, non-verbally casting a quick Dissendium. The hump slowly slid open, revealing a small black gap in the Witch's back. It was already a tight fit for him, he now had to squeeze his frame into the hole to get inside. It was worth it as soon as he had shut up the hump and began his slide, knowing he was achieving something above beating Avery, sneaking out, above evading Aurors.

Freedom.

A few minutes later, Ed walked out of Honeydukes, a magically-stretched bag loaded with wizarding candy in his arms, a sugar quill dangling from the corner of his smiling mouth. After a quick trip up the cellar of Honeydukes, he had cleaned out the shelves, paying legitimately this time. He knew better than to press his luck a second time and try to shoplift. Wizards had all kinds of charms to keep you from stealing, and another Ed Wilson trick probably wouldn't escape prying eyes. He would take what he could get. But for now, Butterbeer.
yea bro idk

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Caitie

It was almost too much.

Caitie had, of course, used Legilimency before, but the experience with Savanah was different. Not because she was resistant to Caitie's mind probe, though, but because she was open to it. Perhaps it was her frantic emotional state but a flood of sensory information came like a deluge from the young woman's mind that threatened to drown Caitie in the mix of emotions and memories.

After perhaps too much, Caitie finally pulled herself out from the depths of Savanah's subconscious and she resisted the urge to vomit. Yet as she tried to regain her own sense of reality Caitie couldn't help but be reminded of her own experiences. She clenched her fists and teeth.

The Headmaster

As Ed exited Honeydukes a voice called out to him from the cobblestone streets of Britain's largest wizard-only hamlet.

"Mr Wilson," the cold voice of the Headmaster chimed, seeming (surprisingly and horrifyingly) far more chipper than usual. "Well is this not a wonderful surprise. Purchasing some confections and stationary, are we?"
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Isolde

She sneezed, forced to close her eyes. She was definitely falling sick. When she looked again she met David.
“Is it warm?” She asked, taking the butterbeer. Warm enough. She drank it and felt the bittersweet warm and soothe her throat, which was starting to sore. Isolde was now able to breathe better, but her voice was still very nasal.
“Much better, thanks, David.” She said, feeling her nostrils freshen up with new air. "You delayed."

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:23 pm

David

"Welcome luv." He said after giving her the butterbeer. "Sorry I stayed up late revising last night for potions and managed to oversleep when everyone in my dorm just left me alone." He stated apologetically.

"Anyway" he rebounded in his normal upbeat tone. "Where you wanna go?"
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Isolde

She had been thinking about Astrid, and how she felt when David seemed to worship her at Apparition Class. But something made her wish to think of anything else now. “I need a new pair Tail-twig clippers, so maybe we should pay Spinwitches a visit.” She said, remembering her broom was probably not on the best shape. “And perhaps a couple of more things as well.”

They walked away from the place. Isolde noticed Raph talking to a 5th year prefect, whose name she couldn’t recall. “I have been thinking about sending a letter to the Prophet as well. I was hoping I could read it to you before I send it. But…” She glared at David menacingly. “You have to promise to be discrete.”

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:58 pm

David

"Alright then, after you." David said before walking along side her towards Spinwitches.

However the words of the letter caught him far off guard. Originally he thought maybe his father could he of help but then Isolde mentioned that he had to be discrete, so he quickly discarded that idea.

"Of course, Is. Anything you need me to do. I'm right here." He stated before grabbing her hand.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse