NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Ralnis wrote:We have enough for IC?

Hmm, yes, I think so. I'm still putting together the roster and the map, but after that, indeed.

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:
SO no hurricanes?

Dang, I was kinda going for a Poseidon esc thing with the full rath of the ocean

Well we're weak gods to begin with so no hurricanes until later on.

Technically a hurricane wouldn't be impossible, certainly not for a god of the seas. Just a bit improbable.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Well we're weak gods to begin with so no hurricanes until later on.

I wonder what I can do . . . hm . . .

*thinks about assistant abilities*

Make complex writing system, logistics, maybe make the first libraries?

I'm just going to craft bronze than a bronze golem army.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Oh could I be a major god?

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Oh could I be a major god?

I think everyone is a minor god for now, and us earlier gods will develop into major gods.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Oh could I be a major god?

I think everyone is a minor god for now, and us earlier gods will develop into major gods.

Not exactly- gods with a "generic" Aspect I label as just gods, while major gods have a "specific" Aspect, and patron gods have a "precise" Aspect. Other Rpers may have gods that replicate generic or specific aspects, but only one god will exist (the "patron") for each precise Aspect.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552

And there we go, the IC is up. Take note of the map, and the village descriptions in the IC. I took a few liberties in building your narratives into a cohesive world, but that's what you have to work with.

If you want help with an initial post, remember that this is, fundamentally, a Dice RP. Make sure your gods don't assume the results of their actions, and make sure your posts have a clear narrative so I can tell what they are trying to accomplish, so as to roll for it. I'll try to get out a post or two a day for anyone who has actions needing to be resolved, time permitting.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552

And there we go, the IC is up. Take note of the map, and the village descriptions in the IC. I took a few liberties in building your narratives into a cohesive world, but that's what you have to work with.

Should I change where my character is from?
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Auphelia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552

Should I change where my character is from?

No need- I’ll be editing in more settlements and relationships as gods are added.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm

So can my first post be in my patronized city?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Ralnis wrote:So can my first post be in my patronized city?

Certainly. Indeed, it rather should be.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:33 pm

wait I making a god of the sky and someone else took god of lighting what do I do

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Strala wrote:wait I making a god of the sky and someone else took god of lighting what do I do

The gods can be as specific or broad as you want, I think, and gods can have overlapping domains, with the broader gods having weaker control and the more specific gods having closer to absolute control.

SC #307

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:52 pm

what is the opposite of weather

Free Thrace
Civilian

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Thrace » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 pm

This appears to be the game Exalted, an excellent RP world with an absolutely AWFUL system.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Divinity
Name:Liu bao rui
History:
Liu bao rui was born in the City of the Sky 30 years ago, a city that was located in the mountains. Liu Bao Rui was not born gifted of anything, a plain simple human. He went to school with his brother and helped his father and mother, but one thing that set him apart was his religiousness. He worshipped the Great Creator like everyone, but he always valued the Sky. He would sacrifice portions of his meal often to the sky, and while others saw it foolish and a waste of food he never did. He saw it as a way to honor the sky, and what lays out there.

When he turned 16 he like the rest of the men in his city he became a hunter. He wasn't the best hunter like his talented brother, but whenever he went out to hunt the weather was always on his side. While others came back empty handed because of bad weather, whenever he went out to hunt it never seemed to rain or when it did it was small. No one in the city really noticed, but whenever he went hunting the other hunters would join him. When he turned 29 he stopped paying tribute for the sky and the great creator, and as punishment, On the thirtieth birthday, the god did not look favorably upon the city. Rains came down nonstop for 3 years. They quickly ran out of food, and many died. It wasn't until Liu Bao Rui started to pray for the stop of the rain. He did so for the next 4 hours, and he hardly ever stopped. When he finally stopped praying, the rain had stopped and there was the sun for the first time in three years. This is when he was visited by the great creator, and given control of the weather. He didn't realize why he was given this, but he tried to use it fairly. He never abused it nor favored one place.
Aspect:God of Weather
Appearance:
Patronized City:Tiānkōng zhī chéng (City of the Sky)
Antithesis:Earth since the sky is his domain
Last edited by Strala on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 am

Must resist urge to mage God of Belief/Faith.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 am

Divinity
Name: Ishtarte
History: The human female who would one day become Ishtarte the Liberator, One True God of the Universe, was born into a world of rules and laws. She grew up in a "civilized" society in which all people had their place in service of their community. Ishtarte despised such demands placed on her by those who considered themselves her betters. She defied her parents and village elders by refusing to marry and bear children for a man of their choosing. She defied the kings and chieftains of her society by speaking against their right to enslave people to their will. She instead taught those who would listen to her that the purpose of a human life is to lead a good life according to ones own pleasures not bow to kings and conventions imposed upon one from above.

So naturally the young woman was executed. But then something strange happened. Apotheosis. The young woman rose again as a divine being and she took the name Ishtarte. Angered she haughtily struck down those who had judged her and ordained that her people should henceforth be free to live their lives according to their own desires.
Aspect: Chaos, Individuality and Hedonism
Appearance: Ishtarte takes on many shapes and forms according to her moods but she most commonly appear as a beautiful young woman
Patronized City: Ishtar
Antithesis: Order

EDIT: I should maybe disclose that this is not an entirely original deity as I have used it before in other deity rp's.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:30 am

So, are all actions needed to be rolled?

Even small things? Such as say stopping water from flowing into a small hole in a boat?
Lover of doggos

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 am

Ralnis wrote:
Auphelia wrote:
I wonder what I can do . . . hm . . .

*thinks about assistant abilities*

Make complex writing system, logistics, maybe make the first libraries?

Steel would be much easier and more effective. If you can go with pure elements, then making solid diamond golems would also work.

see, this kind of crap is why I put hard limits on what my god can do.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Was my goddess accepted?

SC #307

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:13 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Make complex writing system, logistics, maybe make the first libraries?

Steel would be much easier and more effective. If you can go with pure elements, then making solid diamond golems would also work.

see, this kind of crap is why I put hard limits on what my god can do.

It was a joke really. My alchemy already has clear definitions on what I can use it for. Won't just be a catch all term for things.

One of them is the Law of Equivalent Exchange, just a precaution against me not doing my character and the story right.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 am

Divinity
Name: Réolt
History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had wooden walls, and a set of guards that occasionally looked over the mild streams of the Meuse river, named after its largest town.

In a matter of wonder, the baby slit past the guards, with the log slipping under the radar. The small town had experimented with dams to irrigate its rich farms, and the baby quietly hit the dam. He woke up. His log wasn't moving anymore. He cried out to the people of Mestreech to help him. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and the crowd of people went to Baldwin, the count of Mestreech, their feudal lord.

They presented the infant to him, and he was unsure about it. He didn't want to be known as a count that abandoned babies, so he decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". He named his Réolt, after his deceased brother, and raised and educated him as his son. The count had two daughters, who were biologically his, and Réolt, whom he adopted. His sisters, Bréya and Agnust, were very jealous of Réolt. The count needed a male heir, and he'd need it soon, seeing that he grew old rapidly. He taught his adopted son to fight and to lead, which Réolt had difficulties with. He wasn't a natural leader, but his father had emphasized his education, hoping to make a grand leader out of him. Réolt wasn't keen on learning to be a leader, but he did pay attention when he was told about the system of irrigation in Mestreech's farms. The town had been foundated by farmers using its rich river, and farming was an important asset to a Mestreech civilian.

Réolt was 6 when armoured horsemen with shining metal armor and intimidating masks attacked Mestreech. They burned many of the farms, destroyed the dams, and drowned countless of civilians. Count Baldwin was beheaded, and his young daughters were killed. Réolt managed to get away with a hand full of army deserters, and fled to a neighboring farming community. He grew up amongst peasants and told the community how to farm properly until he was 17, when he was conscripted into a local nobleman's brigade, tasked with attacking the foreign horsemen. His brigade was being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually carried off of the battlefield, with his life endangered by a large, gaping wound in his right arm. The wound was patched up, however, and Réolt didn't leave military service until his commander was killed by raiding horsemen. He then returned to his farm with riches, and continued on serving the farms there. He's still got his armour, and is ready to face the foreign horsemen if he's got a small army. He hasn't found out that he's gifted with the Maker's seal yet, but he will found out that he is a god later on.

Aspect: Rivers
Appearance:

Patronized City: Mestreech (Popular, not patronized)
Antithesis: Injustice, fire, death, chaos
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Camelone
Senator

Founded: Feb 20, 2015

Postby Camelone » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 am

Divinity
Name: Dearthair Doiteain
History: Born as Cathasach mac Alfher to a clan of farmers in the misty isle of Hiberie he brought much joy to his family and the neighboring clans, making the brutal winters and the hard work in the fields more bearable. Anything that he could do to help he would do it dispute his young age and lack of strength due to his continual sickness, for many days of the year Cathasach would not have enough strength to even stand and so busied himself by listening to the stories of the elders and memorizing the prayers to the Great God from the druids. This was his life for as long as he could remember.

One day though his younger brother did not return from tending to the sheep and night began to fall, as well as the beginning of a blizzard. Forcing himself out of bed Cathasach sneaked out of his families home and entered the frigid night knowing that if he did not act soon his brother may die if he was not found soon. Finding him collapsed in the snow but Cathasach could not muster the strength to drag him home, being caught in the blizzard he removed his cloak and wrapped it around his brother tightly and held him just as tight to maximize the chances of survival. Closing his eyes he gave thanks that he was able to find his brother and protect him and prepared himself for death, instead of death though he felt a warmth overcome him and a fire banishing the cold, and even the sickness that plagued him for all his life left his body. With great surprise Cathasach stood and carried his brother home glowing like a beacon in the blizzard with fire dancing around him but harming nothing. When he returned home the elders and druids were called, after much deliberation and consulting the stories, Cathasach mac Alfher was declared ascended and renamed Dearthair Doiteain, Brother Fire.
Aspect: Fire
Appearance: This
Patronized City: Tine
Antithesis: Water, ice
Last edited by Camelone on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of John Tombes, American Jacobite with a Byzantine flair for extra spice
I am... the lurker!
Ave Rex Christus!

Pro: The Social Kingship of Christ, Corporatism, Distributism, Yeomanrism, Tradition based Christianity, High Tory, Hierarchy, vanguard republicanism, Blue Laws, House of Wittelsbach, House of Iturbide, House of Kalākaua
Neutral: Constitutions, Guild Socialism, Libertarianism, Constitution Party, monarchism
Against: Communism, socialism, SJWs, materialism, the Democratic Republican Uniparty, material Egalitarianism
Family, Fatherland, Work
Results

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:31 am

Camelone wrote:Divinity
Name: Dearthair Doiteain
History: Born as Cathasach mac Alfher to a clan of farmers in the misty isle of Hiberie he brought much joy to his family and the neighboring clans, making the brutal winters and the hard work in the fields more bearable. Anything that he could do to help he would do it dispute his young age and lack of strength due to his continual sickness, for many days of the year Cathasach would not have enough strength to even stand and so busied himself by listening to the stories of the elders and memorizing the prayers to the Great God from the druids. This was his life for as long as he could remember.

One day though his younger brother did not return from tending to the sheep and night began to fall, as well as the beginning of a blizzard. Forcing himself out of bed Cathasach sneaked out of his families home and entered the frigid night knowing that if he did not act soon his brother may die if he was not found soon. Finding him collapsed in the snow but Cathasach could not muster the strength to drag him home, being caught in the blizzard he removed his cloak and wrapped it around his brother tightly and held him just as tight to maximize the chances of survival. Closing his eyes he gave thanks that he was able to find his brother and protect him and prepared himself for death, instead of death though he felt a warmth overcome him and a fire banishing the cold, and even the sickness that plagued him for all his life left his body. With great surprise Cathasach stood and carried his brother home glowing like a beacon in the blizzard with fire dancing around him but harming nothing. When he returned home the elders and druids were called, after much deliberation and consulting the stories, Cathasach mac Alfher was declared ascended and renamed Dearthair Doiteain, Brother Fire.
Aspect: Fire, warmth
Appearance: This
Patronized City: Tine
Antithesis: Water, ice, cold

Hissssssssssssssss

Your flames need to be doused
Lover of doggos

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 am

It's kind of cool that a water-based god and a fire-based god uploaded their apps at the exact same time
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse