NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Ralnis wrote:You do know there are earth gods, who can move tin from the ground, and me, who can work bronze via alchemy. So we can get to bronze age fairly early with the right amount of followers.

Doesn't really answer the infrastructure question though.

No roads, no effective horses yet. How're we going to deal with that?

We have trade, longships for rivers and oceans, and roads have to be made as it has been shown on the map.

Horses can be bred, better ones can be mixed( my neighborhood) to accelerate the process of selective breeding.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Doesn't really answer the infrastructure question though.

We have trade, longships for rivers and oceans, and roads have to be made as it has been shown on the map.

Horses can be bred, better ones can be mixed( my neighborhood) to accelerate the process of selective breeding.

If we've got horses, trade, and worked minerals, then we surely have some sort of feudal system???
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Ralnis wrote:We have trade, longships for rivers and oceans, and roads have to be made as it has been shown on the map.

If we've got horses, trade, and worked minerals, then we surely have some sort of feudal system???

All in do time I supposed. Just saying that as gods, we can accelerate the clock for mankind or rewind it. It shouldn't be too hard to do these things once we have our religious followers set up.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm

I suppose.
Thing is though, the communities that we're being born into are lead by some leader, no? In most cases, this leader'd a monarch.

This'd be a "fuedal lord" in that sense of the word.

So, as much as I like the idea of us being born independent from outsiders, we probably have a liege lord as members of a civilization. That excludes people like *forgot name* who were raised in caves, etc.

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Revlona wrote:*Makes large enough tsunami to go over entire continent*

Hold ma beer

*Destroys entire continent with earthquake*

Underwater volcanoes would probably either be my domain or a shared aspect
Lover of doggos

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Divinity
Name: Akzakunefir
History: Akzakunefir abn Nachitam was a man of some stature, the son of the wealthy shepherd Nachitam abn Dyahit, and when Nachitam passed Akzakunefir inherited part of his flock, the rest going to his brothers. With that flock Akzakunefir would prosper, and he and his family would live well in the city of Ish'nar for 10 years. But one day, he returned with his flock to find the city in chaos. There had been a great raid on his home, and he soon found his family had been slaughtered, save for his daughter Nayiq, who had been taken away into bondage. On that day Akzakunefir was shattered, his heart grew cold, and we wandered out of Ish'nar in a daze. He came soon to the great river which lay beyond the city, and there he lay for 8 days and 8 nights, drinking only as he needed, content to waste away in the hopes he might be reunited with his family in death. However, on the 9th day he awoke to see a large lump of hardened clay, deposited by the river and baked by the sun, becoming hardened. This sight filled him with a great inspiration, and he left his place beside the river, a fire awoke in him, driving away the cold that had numbed him to the world. And so Akzakunefir returned to Ish'nar, and in time rallied the people in the construction of a great wall made of sun-baked clay, to protect the city from future attacks, and in Akzakunefir's view, spare others the pain he suffered. This feat earned Akzakunefir the eye of the Maker, who in recognition of it lifted Akzakunefir to godhood.
Aspect: (Hard) Infastructure
Appearance:

Patronized City: Ish'nar
Antithesis: Earth

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Doesn't really answer the infrastructure question though.

I have an inter dimensional help desk/ library/ museum that has an entrance in every patron city that has a god. This is so you can come to me for answers about the Creator and how to better use and understand your powers. Though I don't really know much more than you, the library he gave me probably has something.

Nice idea about the library, once I have properly organised my followers, and better mastered my powers, I shall pay you a visit. Do you think your deity would accept to go on a date with my God of Lightning?
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Revlona wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

Hold ma beer

*Destroys entire continent with earthquake*

Underwater volcanos are apart of the earth so definitely a part of my aspect.Volcanoes located under the ocean would probably be under your influence as well, so I'm going with a shared aspect.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Free Thrace wrote:This appears to be the game Exalted, an excellent RP world with an absolutely AWFUL system.

Not quite- I'm not really familiar with Exalted, as a setting. This is just a few random tidbits from my brain slurried with a previous RP that likely nobody here remembers :P

Strala wrote:Divinity
Name:Liu bao rui
History:
Liu bao rui was born in the City of the Sky 1,000 years ago, a city that was located in the mountains. Liu Bao Rui was not born gifted of anything, a plain simple human. He went to school with his brother and helped his father and mother, but one thing that set him apart was his religiousness. He worshipped the Great Creator like everyone, but he always valued the Sky. He would sacrifice portions of his meal often to the sky, and while others saw it foolish and a waste of food he never did. He saw it as a way to honor the sky, and what lays out there.

When he turned 16 he like the rest of the men in his city he became a hunter. He wasn't the best hunter like his talented brother, but whenever he went out to hunt the weather was always on his side. While others came back empty handed because of bad weather, whenever he went out to hunt it never seemed to rain or when it did it was small. No one in the city really noticed, but whenever he went hunting the other hunters would join him. When he turned 29 he stopped paying tribute for the sky and the great creator, and as punishment, On the thirtieth birthday, the god did not look favorably upon the city. Rains came down nonstop for 3 years. They quickly ran out of food, and many died. It wasn't until Liu Bao Rui started to pray for the stop of the rain. He did so for the next 4 hours, and he hardly ever stopped. When he finally stopped praying, the rain had stopped and there was the sun for the first time in three years. This is when he was visited by the great creator, and given control of the weather. He didn't realize why he was given this, but he tried to use it fairly. He never abused it nor favored one place.
Aspect:God of Weather
Appearance:
Patronized City:Tiānkōng zhī chéng (City of the Sky)
Antithesis:Earth since the sky is his domain

The gods are newly arisen, not 970 years old.

Lunas Legion wrote:Must resist urge to mage God of Belief/Faith.

Too much vague!

Of the Quendi wrote:Divinity
Name: Ishtarte
History: The human female who would one day become Ishtarte the Liberator, One True God of the Universe, was born into a world of rules and laws. She grew up in a "civilized" society in which all people had their place in service of their community. Ishtarte despised such demands placed on her by those who considered themselves her betters. She defied her parents and village elders by refusing to marry and bear children for a man of their choosing. She defied the kings and chieftains of her society by speaking against their right to enslave people to their will. She instead taught those who would listen to her that the purpose of a human life is to lead a good life according to ones own pleasures not bow to kings and conventions imposed upon one from above.

So naturally the young woman was executed. But then something strange happened. Apotheosis. The young woman rose again as a divine being and she took the name Ishtarte. Angered she haughtily struck down those who had judged her and ordained that her people should henceforth be free to live their lives according to their own desires.
Aspect: Chaos, Individuality and Hedonism
Appearance: Ishtarte takes on many shapes and forms according to her moods but she most commonly appear as a beautiful young woman
Patronized City: Ishtar
Antithesis: Order

EDIT: I should maybe disclose that this is not an entirely original deity as I have used it before in other deity rp's.

Amusing concept. That said, only one Aspect, if you please.

Revlona wrote:So, are all actions needed to be rolled?

Even small things? Such as say stopping water from flowing into a small hole in a boat?

Nah. Minor things that have no real impact are fine to do as you please- walking around a village, having a meal, etc. Actions which might influence the beliefs of the locals, or significant displays of divine power, are what I am most concerned with.

Auphelia wrote:Was my goddess accepted?

I believe you still have an edit to make on her antithesis, no?

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Divinity
Name: Réolt
History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had wooden walls, and a set of guards that occasionally looked over the mild streams of the Meuse river, named after its largest town.

In a matter of wonder, the baby slit past the guards, with the log slipping under the radar. The small town had experimented with dams to irrigate its rich farms, and the baby quietly hit the dam. He woke up. His log wasn't moving anymore. He cried out to the people of Mestreech to help him. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and the crowd of people went to Baldwin, the count of Mestreech, their feudal lord.

They presented the infant to him, and he was unsure about it. He didn't want to be known as a count that abandoned babies, so he decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". He named his Réolt, after his deceased brother, and raised and educated him as his son. The count had two daughters, who were biologically his, and Réolt, whom he adopted. His sisters, Bréya and Agnust, were very jealous of Réolt. The count needed a male heir, and he'd need it soon, seeing that he grew old rapidly. He taught his adopted son to fight and to lead, which Réolt had difficulties with. He wasn't a natural leader, but his father had emphasized his education, hoping to make a grand leader out of him. Réolt wasn't keen on learning to be a leader, but he did pay attention when he was told about the system of irrigation in Mestreech's farms. The town had been foundated by farmers using its rich river, and farming was an important asset to a Mestreech civilian.

Réolt was 6 when armoured horsemen with shining metal armor and intimidating masks attacked Mestreech. They burned many of the farms, destroyed the dams, and drowned countless of civilians. Count Baldwin was beheaded, and his young daughters were killed. Réolt managed to get away with a hand full of army deserters, and fled to a neighboring farming community. He grew up amongst peasants and told the community how to farm properly until he was 17, when he was conscripted into a local nobleman's brigade, tasked with attacking the foreign horsemen. His brigade was being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually carried off of the battlefield, with his life endangered by a large, gaping wound in his right arm. The wound was patched up, however, and Réolt didn't leave military service until his commander was killed by raiding horsemen. He then returned to his farm with riches, and continued on serving the farms there. He's still got his armour, and is ready to face the foreign horsemen if he's got a small army. He hasn't found out that he's gifted with the Maker's seal yet, but he will found out that he is a god later on.

Aspect: Rivers, farming
Appearance:
Patronized City: Mestreech (Popular, not patronized)
Antithesis: Injustice, fire, death, chaos

Camelone wrote:Divinity
Name: Dearthair Doiteain
History: Born as Cathasach mac Alfher to a clan of farmers in the misty isle of Hiberie he brought much joy to his family and the neighboring clans, making the brutal winters and the hard work in the fields more bearable. Anything that he could do to help he would do it dispute his young age and lack of strength due to his continual sickness, for many days of the year Cathasach would not have enough strength to even stand and so busied himself by listening to the stories of the elders and memorizing the prayers to the Great God from the druids. This was his life for as long as he could remember.

One day though his younger brother did not return from tending to the sheep and night began to fall, as well as the beginning of a blizzard. Forcing himself out of bed Cathasach sneaked out of his families home and entered the frigid night knowing that if he did not act soon his brother may die if he was not found soon. Finding him collapsed in the snow but Cathasach could not muster the strength to drag him home, being caught in the blizzard he removed his cloak and wrapped it around his brother tightly and held him just as tight to maximize the chances of survival. Closing his eyes he gave thanks that he was able to find his brother and protect him and prepared himself for death, instead of death though he felt a warmth overcome him and a fire banishing the cold, and even the sickness that plagued him for all his life left his body. With great surprise Cathasach stood and carried his brother home glowing like a beacon in the blizzard with fire dancing around him but harming nothing. When he returned home the elders and druids were called, after much deliberation and consulting the stories, Cathasach mac Alfher was declared ascended and renamed Dearthair Doiteain, Brother Fire.
Aspect: Fire, warmth
Appearance: This
Patronized City: Tine
Antithesis: Water, ice, cold

As I noted to Quendi, one Aspect if you please.

Revlona wrote:G, I see in the Roster some are listed as Major Gods and some are Listed as just gods

What may I ask had you label them so?

Degrees of specialization/control. Very broad aspects like "air" "water" "plants" exert less control, and may be one of many gods in that area- thus "gods". Major, patron, and other types of gods denote increasing levels of specialization, ocean, coastlines, this bay, and so on, and thus increasing levels of localized and specialized control/power.

I changed it

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:
Auphelia wrote:
I have an inter dimensional help desk/ library/ museum that has an entrance in every patron city that has a god. This is so you can come to me for answers about the Creator and how to better use and understand your powers. Though I don't really know much more than you, the library he gave me probably has something.

Nice idea about the library, once I have properly organised my followers, and better mastered my powers, I shall pay you a visit. Do you think your deity would accept to go on a date with my God of Lightning?

At least you have an electric personality and can turn on the charm.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:03 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Nice idea about the library, once I have properly organised my followers, and better mastered my powers, I shall pay you a visit. Do you think your deity would accept to go on a date with my God of Lightning?

You can come for help, but she is too busy for romance! She is one of the only productive gods and has to act as the go-between for the Creator and the new gods!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Underwater volcanos are apart of the earth so definitely a part of my aspect.Volcanoes located under the ocean would probably be under your influence as well, so I'm going with a shared aspect.

Yeah i would have to agree
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Auphelia wrote:
The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Nice idea about the library, once I have properly organised my followers, and better mastered my powers, I shall pay you a visit. Do you think your deity would accept to go on a date with my God of Lightning?

You can come for help, but she is too busy for romance! She is one of the only productive gods and has to act as the go-between for the Creator and the new gods!

Isn't the Creator dead?

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:Isn't the Creator dead?

No, just pulling back from doing the day to day ruling of Earth. My goddess was chosen to be a goddess because she has excellent managerial skills and is helping to take on the burden of leadership and assistance until the Creator can find a suitable leader for the new gods.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Divinity
History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had a local constable, but it was far too small to notice the child flowing down the streams.

The small town had farms spread around the river, and Mestreech's centrum of power, the earl's residence, was near a farm as well. The earl wasn't as much of a ruler as he was a farmer. His ancestors were respected men, so he followed in their roots and lead this small city. He was a benevolent and loving ruler, but he probably loved his crops more than his citizens, and attended them as such. The native populace had set up improvised dams to stop the water from flowing through certain areas. They had discovered that this soil was far more fertile than the lands further away from the river. To the people of Mestreech, the Meuse was essential to their very ways of life. As the baby hit one of these makeshift dams, he woke up. His log wasn't rocking anymore. He cried and cried, hoping to be taken care of. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and she noticed that it was very dirty due to the fact that it had been in a muddy log drifting down a river.

She announced that she would be taking care of this child. Her name was Bréya, and she couldn't receive any children because she was infertile. She had longed for a son or daughter, but it simply did not work. She decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". She named his Réolt, after her deceased father who died during an attack on their farm from marauding barbarians. Bréya treated Réolt as her son, and never told him about his adoption. She had great pleasure in growing up with the boy, and taught him how to farm properly. Réolt was a natural at farming, and thought of ways to fertilize more of the land by covering it with water. He'd grow to have a great relation with the river. This great relation with the Meuse river was a start in the maker's decision to grant the boy powers.

When Réolt was 13, his farm was attacked by bearded men in horse-drawn chariots. The chariots were manned by a horseman, who steered and manoeuvred the horses, and an archer, who picked off the innocent civilians one at a time. Réolt ran for his life, and heard the screams of his friends and family around him. He fled to a neighboring farming community, whom the "bearded men" did not know of. He farmed with the community, and when he reached the age of 15, officially became a man in Meuse culture. He started with trying to expand the farm by constructing dams around the fields, to regulate the flowing of the river and the irrigation of the fields. These dams were primitive, and often failed, which led Réolt to believe that he couldn't do it. His community was relatively isolated, by Réolt walked half a day to reach a larger settlement, and offered his services to the local lord. He accepted this, and Réolt served in his militia for some while. The count had heard about the attack on Mestreech, and he wanted to know whether the "bearded men" still controlled the city. He marched his armies there, and they were ambushed by spearmen, who murdered most of the ill-equipped, badly trained militia. Réolt stood and fought, however, seeing that he had personal grudges against the men, and that he wanted to avenge his dead mother. His friend were being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually ordered to retreat, with his rear being protected by the lord and his guard. The lord would not survive the battle. Réolt didn't leave military service, for his goal was to retake Mestreech. During his time in the military, Réolt didn't really use the powers that the maker had given him. He thought about perhaps having a paranormal relationship to the Meuse river, but he spelled it off as childhood thoughts because of how dependent he was of the river as a child.

Aspect: Rivers
Appearance:

Patronized City: Mestreech
Antithesis: Fire and injustice

~

Updated to be more fitting with the chalcolithic age.
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The Scarlet Eagle wrote:

At least you have an electric personality and can turn on the charm.

You're right. There is an expression that us French use for "love at first sight", its the "Coup de Foudre", or Lightning Strike :)
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Isn't the Creator dead?

No, just pulling back from doing the day to day ruling of Earth. My goddess was chosen to be a goddess because she has excellent managerial skills and is helping to take on the burden of leadership and assistance until the Creator can find a suitable leader for the new gods.

And Yatzang will promptly ignore your call to leadership.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Indeed.

The Egyptians were uncommonly advanced for their time period- almost none of the cities and settlements in this RP have much more than subsistence agriculture, with most food being supplied by traditional hunting and gathering.

Ah, OK.. This might be difficult to explain, but if hunting and gathering is posing the largest food supply, then why are there cities? Aren't cities run on farms and farmers? The entire premise of settling down together in a community was to farm. Hunters are nomads and couldn't stay in one area for too long.

Hardly. Early settlements were predicated on trade for food with roving bands of hunters and gatherers, and themselves existed primarily to provide specialized services and labor. Agriculture only came about once the demand for those goods and services exceeded the ability of peripheral bands to supply the artisans, necessitating the transition to more local and consistent food production.

Zapatha wrote:Divinity
Name: Narvail
History: Once a hunter, Norvail was a normal man who just like every other person struggled to feed his family and survive the world's perils. One day, Narvail tracked a large buck into a deep, ancient part of the forest where he had never been before. Before long, he came across the carcass of the buck being torn apart by a large pack of wolves. Turning their attention to the hunter, all Narvail could do is try to run, but to no avail. Once they were about to set on him, Narvail stuck out his hand and said something in an unknown tongue seemingly instinctively. He looked and saw that the pack had stopped and looked to him as if waiting for a command. He spoke the weird language once more and the pack retrieved another deer and dropped it in front of their new master: God of the Wilds and Lord of the Hunt, Narvail. Ever since, he has watched over all hunters and travelers who leave offerings for him before their hunts or expeditions and specifically the people and hunters of the city of Caid Haile, where the hunter Narvail was originally from.
Aspect: God of the Wilds, Deep Forest and Lord of the Hunt
Appearance: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/the- ... ent-leshen
Patronized City: Caid Haile
Antithesis: Fire, Lightning

Cool. I'm going to call your Aspect the Forest, and leave it at that, for simplicity. Accepted.

Ism wrote:Divinity
Name: Akzakunefir
History: Akzakunefir abn Nachitam was a man of some stature, the son of the wealthy shepherd Nachitam abn Dyahit, and when Nachitam passed Akzakunefir inherited part of his flock, the rest going to his brothers. With that flock Akzakunefir would prosper, and he and his family would live well in the city of Ish'nar for 10 years. But one day, he returned with his flock to find the city in chaos. There had been a great raid on his home, and he soon found his family had been slaughtered, save for his daughter Nayiq, who had been taken away into bondage. On that day Akzakunefir was shattered, his heart grew cold, and we wandered out of Ish'nar in a daze. He came soon to the great river which lay beyond the city, and there he lay for 8 days and 8 nights, drinking only as he needed, content to waste away in the hopes he might be reunited with his family in death. However, on the 9th day he awoke to see a large lump of hardened clay, deposited by the river and baked by the sun, becoming hardened. This sight filled him with a great inspiration, and he left his place beside the river, a fire awoke in him, driving away the cold that had numbed him to the world. And so Akzakunefir returned to Ish'nar, and in time rallied the people in the construction of a great wall made of sun-baked clay, to protect the city from future attacks, and in Akzakunefir's view, spare others the pain he suffered. This feat earned Akzakunefir the eye of the Maker, who in recognition of it lifted Akzakunefir to godhood.
Aspect: (Hard) Infastructure
Appearance:
Patronized City: Ish'nar
Antithesis: Earth

Interesting. Infrastructure is a bit non-specific/non-deific, so I'm going to call it Builders, but that will work. Also accepted.

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Divinity
History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had a local constable, but it was far too small to notice the child flowing down the streams.

The small town had farms spread around the river, and Mestreech's centrum of power, the earl's residence, was near a farm as well. The earl wasn't as much of a ruler as he was a farmer. His ancestors were respected men, so he followed in their roots and lead this small city. He was a benevolent and loving ruler, but he probably loved his crops more than his citizens, and attended them as such. The native populace had set up improvised dams to stop the water from flowing through certain areas. They had discovered that this soil was far more fertile than the lands further away from the river. To the people of Mestreech, the Meuse was essential to their very ways of life. As the baby hit one of these makeshift dams, he woke up. His log wasn't rocking anymore. He cried and cried, hoping to be taken care of. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and she noticed that it was very dirty due to the fact that it had been in a muddy log drifting down a river.

She announced that she would be taking care of this child. Her name was Bréya, and she couldn't receive any children because she was infertile. She had longed for a son or daughter, but it simply did not work. She decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". She named his Réolt, after her deceased father who died during an attack on their farm from marauding barbarians. Bréya treated Réolt as her son, and never told him about his adoption. She had great pleasure in growing up with the boy, and taught him how to farm properly. Réolt was a natural at farming, and thought of ways to fertilize more of the land by covering it with water. He'd grow to have a great relation with the river. This great relation with the Meuse river was a start in the maker's decision to grant the boy powers.

When Réolt was 13, his farm was attacked by bearded men in horse-drawn chariots. The chariots were manned by a horseman, who steered and manoeuvred the horses, and an archer, who picked off the innocent civilians one at a time. Réolt ran for his life, and heard the screams of his friends and family around him. He fled to a neighboring farming community, whom the "bearded men" did not know of. He farmed with the community, and when he reached the age of 15, officially became a man in Meuse culture. He started with trying to expand the farm by constructing dams around the fields, to regulate the flowing of the river and the irrigation of the fields. These dams were primitive, and often failed, which led Réolt to believe that he couldn't do it. His community was relatively isolated, by Réolt walked half a day to reach a larger settlement, and offered his services to the local lord. He accepted this, and Réolt served in his militia for some while. The count had heard about the attack on Mestreech, and he wanted to know whether the "bearded men" still controlled the city. He marched his armies there, and they were ambushed by spearmen, who murdered most of the ill-equipped, badly trained militia. Réolt stood and fought, however, seeing that he had personal grudges against the men, and that he wanted to avenge his dead mother. His friend were being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually ordered to retreat, with his rear being protected by the lord and his guard. The lord would not survive the battle. Réolt didn't leave military service, for his goal was to retake Mestreech. During his time in the military, Réolt didn't really use the powers that the maker had given him. He thought about perhaps having a paranormal relationship to the Meuse river, but he spelled it off as childhood thoughts because of how dependent he was of the river as a child.

Aspect: Rivers
Appearance:
Patronized City: Mestreech
Antithesis: Fire and injustice

~

Updated to be more fitting with the chalcolithic age.

Das gut. J'accept.

Ralnis wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

Isn't the Creator dead?

Dead, no. Withdrawn from the world and unreachable by gods or men, yes.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you. I'll edit my IC post. Sorry for prematurely posting.

I'll be back next monday, see you all then.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Thank you. I'll edit my IC post. Sorry for prematurely posting.

I'll be back next monday, see you all then.

See you =)
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:46 pm

so am I accepted or do I have to make more changes

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm

*Akward* Terratus didn't start the earthquake I thought we could make random events

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Can I edit my post and get a reroll cause I did not intend for him to start a earthquake
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Strala wrote:so am I accepted or do I have to make more changes

Quote your app up and I will take a look at it.

Novas Arcanum wrote:Can I edit my post and get a reroll cause I did not intend for him to start a earthquake

I'm not usually inclined to let characters retcon actions that didn't turn out as they expected.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Strala wrote:Divinity
Name:Liu bao rui
History:
Liu bao rui was born in the City of the Sky 30 years ago, a city that was located in the mountains. Liu Bao Rui was not born gifted of anything, a plain simple human. He went to school with his brother and helped his father and mother, but one thing that set him apart was his religiousness. He worshipped the Great Creator like everyone, but he always valued the Sky. He would sacrifice portions of his meal often to the sky, and while others saw it foolish and a waste of food he never did. He saw it as a way to honor the sky, and what lays out there.

When he turned 16 he like the rest of the men in his city he became a hunter. He wasn't the best hunter like his talented brother, but whenever he went out to hunt the weather was always on his side. While others came back empty handed because of bad weather, whenever he went out to hunt it never seemed to rain or when it did it was small. No one in the city really noticed, but whenever he went hunting the other hunters would join him. When he turned 29 he stopped paying tribute for the sky and the great creator, and as punishment, On the thirtieth birthday, the god did not look favorably upon the city. Rains came down nonstop for 3 years. They quickly ran out of food, and many died. It wasn't until Liu Bao Rui started to pray for the stop of the rain. He did so for the next 4 hours, and he hardly ever stopped. When he finally stopped praying, the rain had stopped and there was the sun for the first time in three years. This is when he was visited by the great creator, and given control of the weather. He didn't realize why he was given this, but he tried to use it fairly. He never abused it nor favored one place.
Aspect:God of Weather
Appearance:
Patronized City:Tiānkōng zhī chéng (City of the Sky)
Antithesis:Earth since the sky is his domain

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse