NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm

I'm interested in applying to this but I'm really not sure what's going on with the setting. When are we? What tech level are we going for?

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:I'm interested in applying to this but I'm really not sure what's going on with the setting. When are we? What tech level are we going for?

The first communities of men and women are getting together, farming and working bronze. We're in the bronze time age, and the first few cities are getting together.

The "maker", the god of gods, is turning the first men into gods on earth, giving them special powers and abilities. that's basically the situation.
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:I'm interested in applying to this but I'm really not sure what's going on with the setting. When are we? What tech level are we going for?

The first communities of men and women are getting together, farming and working bronze. We're in the bronze time age, and the first few cities are getting together.

The "maker", the god of gods, is turning the first men into gods on earth, giving them special powers and abilities. that's basically the situation.

Copper age actually.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Can't wait to unleash sea storms, hurricanes, and cyclones on the world

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Revlona wrote:Can't wait to unleash sea storms, hurricanes, and cyclones on the world

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> Sees patron city near water
> Weeps for the future
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:Can't wait to unleash sea storms, hurricanes, and cyclones on the world

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> Sees patron city near water
> Weeps for the future

a tsunami could probably hit your city
Lover of doggos

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA! I live in the mountains so you can't get me!
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:> Sees patron city near water
> Weeps for the future

a tsunami could probably hit your city

Yeah and that's something I'll have to deal with in the future. That and Nemos.

Lisbane
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm

All of you will die eventually, and I will be there to deal the final blow.
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Sends tsunami down river*

HA
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Lisbane wrote:All of you will die eventually, and I will be there to deal the final blow.

>Sees Death God
>Laughs in Golems and soul phylacteries

Bolkenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkenia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm

You just have to get a good roll. Which is harder than I thought.
At first, I was aiming for an utopia. Now, it's a reason to write bad-lore, upload pics on Imgur and explain how I became a spy for the USSR.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Ack! There is so much irresponsible behaviour! I shall have to teach you all how to control your powers at once!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

*Makes large enough tsunami to go over entire continent*
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Bolkenia wrote:You just have to get a good roll. Which is harder than I thought.

Do you want to team up? Could use fertility and alchemy to help boost follower population.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Revlona wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

*Sends tsunami down river*

HA

*Raises mountain range to block tsunami*

HAha

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Auphelia wrote:Ack! There is so much irresponsible behaviour! I shall have to teach you all how to control your powers at once!

But I just wanted to kill some people and create some cursed land in order to start my death cult ;-;
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Copper age...

I'm not sure about how this RP is going to properly work. There was no real form of cavalry, or even horsemen at that time. People just did everything on foot.

Could we not accelerate the RP somewhat, placing it in the Bronze age, or something near that? Rome was founded in the Iron age, and I don't really see a point in lurking around in the chalcolithic (copper) age. I'm no OP, but would it not be better to perhaps move it over to the bronze age? The only civilizations during the copper age were Sumer and Egypt, and we're talking pre-dynastic egypt here.

The true wonders of human kind come in the bronze age. Would it not be cool if our heroes could work on things that great people from our timeline worked on, such as the statue of zeus, the pyramides, or the great lighthouse? The greater food capacity, production, population and political landscape would really assist our characters. Besides, they could run into eachother by traveling, which is really unlikely in the copper age, seeing that nobody really does much or nobody really travels around.

This RP is going to be a bit boring if we sit around in our patron cities and do nothing.

Sidenote: You're all getting so excited about fighting eachother, but this will not be really possible, seeing that foreign relations were ridiculously difficult back then.

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Revlona wrote:*Makes large enough tsunami to go over entire continent*

Novas Arcanum wrote:
*Raises mountain range to block tsunami*

HAha

But . . . but . . . the timetables! The proper planting seasons! The topographic maps!!! I will have to record all new data!!!
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Hold ma beer

*Destroys entire continent with earthquake*

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Copper age...

I'm not sure about how this RP is going to properly work. There was no real form of cavalry, or even horsemen at that time. People just did everything on foot.

Could we not accelerate the RP somewhat, placing it in the Bronze age, or something near that? Rome was founded in the Iron age, and I don't really see a point in lurking around in the chalcolithic (copper) age. I'm no OP, but would it not be better to perhaps move it over to the bronze age? The only civilizations during the copper age were Sumer and Egypt, and we're talking pre-dynastic egypt here.

The true wonders of human kind come in the bronze age. Would it not be cool if our heroes could work on things that great people from our timeline worked on, such as the statue of zeus, the pyramides, or the great lighthouse? The greater food capacity, production, population and political landscape would really assist our characters. Besides, they could run into eachother by traveling, which is really unlikely in the copper age, seeing that nobody really does much or nobody really travels around.

This RP is going to be a bit boring if we sit around in our patron cities and do nothing.

Sidenote: You're all getting so excited about fighting eachother, but this will not be really possible, seeing that foreign relations were ridiculously difficult back then.

I think as Gods we're supposed to advance the world faster than it would naturally. Especially with specific gods (technological god if there's one in the future, alchemy gods could further chemistry in some way, etc.) although I'm not OP so I can't say much.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:

Hold ma beer

*Destroys entire continent with earthquake*

*flips writing table over and walks out*

SC #307

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm

You do know there are earth gods, who can move tin from the ground, and me, who can work bronze via alchemy. So we can get to bronze age fairly early with the right amount of followers.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Ralnis wrote:

You do know there are earth gods, who can move tin from the ground, and me, who can work bronze via alchemy. So we can get to bronze age fairly early with the right amount of followers.

Doesn't really answer the infrastructure question though.

No roads, no effective horses yet. How're we going to deal with that?

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Doesn't really answer the infrastructure question though.

No roads, no effective horses yet. How're we going to deal with that?

I have an inter dimensional help desk/ library/ museum that has an entrance in every patron city that has a god. This is so you can come to me for answers about the Creator and how to better use and understand your powers. Though I don't really know much more than you, the library he gave me probably has something.

SC #307

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse