NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:It's kind of cool that a water-based god and a fire-based god uploaded their apps at the exact same time

Yeah

But I am THE water based god

#OceansRule
Lover of doggos

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 am

Revlona wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:It's kind of cool that a water-based god and a fire-based god uploaded their apps at the exact same time

Yeah

#OceansRule

lol you're the god of the ocean. No hurricanes, no wrath of poseidon, just you and your salted water sitting there, barely doing anything
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:13 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Revlona wrote:Yeah

#OceansRule

lol you're the god of the ocean. No hurricanes, no wrath of poseidon, just you and your salted water sitting there, barely doing anything

G said Hurricans wern't impossible

Plus tsunamis

I CONTROL THE TIDE
Last edited by Revlona on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 am

[quote="Vrijstaat Limburg";p="33681311"]

lol you're the god of the ocean. No hurricanes, no wrath of poseidon, just you and your salted water sitting there, barely doing anything[/quote]

Tell that to my hair after it is exposed to the salty air!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 am

G, I see in the Roster some are listed as Major Gods and some are Listed as just gods

What may I ask had you label them so?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:13 am

Free Thrace wrote:This appears to be the game Exalted, an excellent RP world with an absolutely AWFUL system.

Not quite- I'm not really familiar with Exalted, as a setting. This is just a few random tidbits from my brain slurried with a previous RP that likely nobody here remembers :P

Strala wrote:Divinity
Name:Liu bao rui
History:
Liu bao rui was born in the City of the Sky 1,000 years ago, a city that was located in the mountains. Liu Bao Rui was not born gifted of anything, a plain simple human. He went to school with his brother and helped his father and mother, but one thing that set him apart was his religiousness. He worshipped the Great Creator like everyone, but he always valued the Sky. He would sacrifice portions of his meal often to the sky, and while others saw it foolish and a waste of food he never did. He saw it as a way to honor the sky, and what lays out there.

When he turned 16 he like the rest of the men in his city he became a hunter. He wasn't the best hunter like his talented brother, but whenever he went out to hunt the weather was always on his side. While others came back empty handed because of bad weather, whenever he went out to hunt it never seemed to rain or when it did it was small. No one in the city really noticed, but whenever he went hunting the other hunters would join him. When he turned 29 he stopped paying tribute for the sky and the great creator, and as punishment, On the thirtieth birthday, the god did not look favorably upon the city. Rains came down nonstop for 3 years. They quickly ran out of food, and many died. It wasn't until Liu Bao Rui started to pray for the stop of the rain. He did so for the next 4 hours, and he hardly ever stopped. When he finally stopped praying, the rain had stopped and there was the sun for the first time in three years. This is when he was visited by the great creator, and given control of the weather. He didn't realize why he was given this, but he tried to use it fairly. He never abused it nor favored one place.
Aspect:God of Weather
Appearance:
Patronized City:Tiānkōng zhī chéng (City of the Sky)
Antithesis:Earth since the sky is his domain

The gods are newly arisen, not 970 years old.

Lunas Legion wrote:Must resist urge to mage God of Belief/Faith.

Too much vague!

Of the Quendi wrote:Divinity
Name: Ishtarte
History: The human female who would one day become Ishtarte the Liberator, One True God of the Universe, was born into a world of rules and laws. She grew up in a "civilized" society in which all people had their place in service of their community. Ishtarte despised such demands placed on her by those who considered themselves her betters. She defied her parents and village elders by refusing to marry and bear children for a man of their choosing. She defied the kings and chieftains of her society by speaking against their right to enslave people to their will. She instead taught those who would listen to her that the purpose of a human life is to lead a good life according to ones own pleasures not bow to kings and conventions imposed upon one from above.

So naturally the young woman was executed. But then something strange happened. Apotheosis. The young woman rose again as a divine being and she took the name Ishtarte. Angered she haughtily struck down those who had judged her and ordained that her people should henceforth be free to live their lives according to their own desires.
Aspect: Chaos, Individuality and Hedonism
Appearance: Ishtarte takes on many shapes and forms according to her moods but she most commonly appear as a beautiful young woman
Patronized City: Ishtar
Antithesis: Order

EDIT: I should maybe disclose that this is not an entirely original deity as I have used it before in other deity rp's.

Amusing concept. That said, only one Aspect, if you please.

Revlona wrote:So, are all actions needed to be rolled?

Even small things? Such as say stopping water from flowing into a small hole in a boat?

Nah. Minor things that have no real impact are fine to do as you please- walking around a village, having a meal, etc. Actions which might influence the beliefs of the locals, or significant displays of divine power, are what I am most concerned with.

Auphelia wrote:Was my goddess accepted?

I believe you still have an edit to make on her antithesis, no?

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Divinity
Name: Réolt
History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had wooden walls, and a set of guards that occasionally looked over the mild streams of the Meuse river, named after its largest town.

In a matter of wonder, the baby slit past the guards, with the log slipping under the radar. The small town had experimented with dams to irrigate its rich farms, and the baby quietly hit the dam. He woke up. His log wasn't moving anymore. He cried out to the people of Mestreech to help him. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and the crowd of people went to Baldwin, the count of Mestreech, their feudal lord.

They presented the infant to him, and he was unsure about it. He didn't want to be known as a count that abandoned babies, so he decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". He named his Réolt, after his deceased brother, and raised and educated him as his son. The count had two daughters, who were biologically his, and Réolt, whom he adopted. His sisters, Bréya and Agnust, were very jealous of Réolt. The count needed a male heir, and he'd need it soon, seeing that he grew old rapidly. He taught his adopted son to fight and to lead, which Réolt had difficulties with. He wasn't a natural leader, but his father had emphasized his education, hoping to make a grand leader out of him. Réolt wasn't keen on learning to be a leader, but he did pay attention when he was told about the system of irrigation in Mestreech's farms. The town had been foundated by farmers using its rich river, and farming was an important asset to a Mestreech civilian.

Réolt was 6 when armoured horsemen with shining metal armor and intimidating masks attacked Mestreech. They burned many of the farms, destroyed the dams, and drowned countless of civilians. Count Baldwin was beheaded, and his young daughters were killed. Réolt managed to get away with a hand full of army deserters, and fled to a neighboring farming community. He grew up amongst peasants and told the community how to farm properly until he was 17, when he was conscripted into a local nobleman's brigade, tasked with attacking the foreign horsemen. His brigade was being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually carried off of the battlefield, with his life endangered by a large, gaping wound in his right arm. The wound was patched up, however, and Réolt didn't leave military service until his commander was killed by raiding horsemen. He then returned to his farm with riches, and continued on serving the farms there. He's still got his armour, and is ready to face the foreign horsemen if he's got a small army. He hasn't found out that he's gifted with the Maker's seal yet, but he will found out that he is a god later on.

Aspect: Rivers, farming
Appearance:
Patronized City: Mestreech (Popular, not patronized)
Antithesis: Injustice, fire, death, chaos

Camelone wrote:Divinity
Name: Dearthair Doiteain
History: Born as Cathasach mac Alfher to a clan of farmers in the misty isle of Hiberie he brought much joy to his family and the neighboring clans, making the brutal winters and the hard work in the fields more bearable. Anything that he could do to help he would do it dispute his young age and lack of strength due to his continual sickness, for many days of the year Cathasach would not have enough strength to even stand and so busied himself by listening to the stories of the elders and memorizing the prayers to the Great God from the druids. This was his life for as long as he could remember.

One day though his younger brother did not return from tending to the sheep and night began to fall, as well as the beginning of a blizzard. Forcing himself out of bed Cathasach sneaked out of his families home and entered the frigid night knowing that if he did not act soon his brother may die if he was not found soon. Finding him collapsed in the snow but Cathasach could not muster the strength to drag him home, being caught in the blizzard he removed his cloak and wrapped it around his brother tightly and held him just as tight to maximize the chances of survival. Closing his eyes he gave thanks that he was able to find his brother and protect him and prepared himself for death, instead of death though he felt a warmth overcome him and a fire banishing the cold, and even the sickness that plagued him for all his life left his body. With great surprise Cathasach stood and carried his brother home glowing like a beacon in the blizzard with fire dancing around him but harming nothing. When he returned home the elders and druids were called, after much deliberation and consulting the stories, Cathasach mac Alfher was declared ascended and renamed Dearthair Doiteain, Brother Fire.
Aspect: Fire, warmth
Appearance: This
Patronized City: Tine
Antithesis: Water, ice, cold

As I noted to Quendi, one Aspect if you please.

Revlona wrote:G, I see in the Roster some are listed as Major Gods and some are Listed as just gods

What may I ask had you label them so?

Degrees of specialization/control. Very broad aspects like "air" "water" "plants" exert less control, and may be one of many gods in that area- thus "gods". Major, patron, and other types of gods denote increasing levels of specialization, ocean, coastlines, this bay, and so on, and thus increasing levels of localized and specialized control/power.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Auphelia wrote:Was my goddess accepted?

I believe you still have an edit to make on her antithesis, no?

I thought her only problem was that ignorance was not a good antithesis? If it was and you missed it, as it is several pages back, I got rid of that and now it is just chaos.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:30 am

History: A hot summer morning saw an infant scrolling down the streams of the Meuse river, close to the Germanic town of "Mestreech". It was neatly placed in an empty log, quietly following the river streams. It slept throughout most of its journey, and wasn't shocked by the fact that he was on a live river. The slow wobbling of the cleared out log comforted the baby and kept it quiet. The town of Mestreech had wooden walls, and a set of guards that occasionally looked over the mild streams of the Meuse river, named after its largest town.

In a matter of wonder, the baby slit past the guards, with the log slipping under the radar. The small town had experimented with dams to irrigate its rich farms, and the baby quietly hit the dam. He woke up. His log wasn't moving anymore. He cried out to the people of Mestreech to help him. A band of citizens gathered around the child. They were impressed by the log, and how it served as a boat for all this time. A young woman lifted up the babe, and the crowd of people went to Baldwin, the count of Mestreech, their feudal lord.

They presented the infant to him, and he was unsure about it. He didn't want to be known as a count that abandoned babies, so he decided to adopt him, stating that "This baby was a gift from the gods". He named his Réolt, after his deceased brother, and raised and educated him as his son. The count had two daughters, who were biologically his, and Réolt, whom he adopted. His sisters, Bréya and Agnust, were very jealous of Réolt. The count needed a male heir, and he'd need it soon, seeing that he grew old rapidly. He taught his adopted son to fight and to lead, which Réolt had difficulties with. He wasn't a natural leader, but his father had emphasized his education, hoping to make a grand leader out of him. Réolt wasn't keen on learning to be a leader, but he did pay attention when he was told about the system of irrigation in Mestreech's farms. The town had been foundated by farmers using its rich river, and farming was an important asset to a Mestreech civilian.

Réolt was 6 when armoured horsemen with shining metal armor and intimidating masks attacked Mestreech. They burned many of the farms, destroyed the dams, and drowned countless of civilians. Count Baldwin was beheaded, and his young daughters were killed. Réolt managed to get away with a hand full of army deserters, and fled to a neighboring farming community. He grew up amongst peasants and told the community how to farm properly until he was 17, when he was conscripted into a local nobleman's brigade, tasked with attacking the foreign horsemen. His brigade was being slaughtered, but for the first time in his life, Réolt stood and fought. He was eventually carried off of the battlefield, with his life endangered by a large, gaping wound in his right arm. The wound was patched up, however, and Réolt didn't leave military service until his commander was killed by raiding horsemen. He then returned to his farm with riches, and continued on serving the farms there. He's still got his armour, and is ready to face the foreign horsemen if he's got a small army. He hasn't found out that he's gifted with the Maker's seal yet, but he will found out that he is a god later on.

Aspect: Rivers
Appearance:

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

Was my patron city Poxinza?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:33 am

Ralnis wrote:Was my patron city Poxinza?

Indeed. Though, at this point that really only means that is where your character starts near.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:33 am

Ralnis wrote:Was my patron city Poxinza?

Indeed. Though, at this point that really only means that is where your character starts near.

I updated my app. Hope you approve it.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Camelone
Senator

Founded: Feb 20, 2015

Postby Camelone » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

History: Born as Cathasach mac Alfher to a clan of farmers in the misty isle of Hiberie he brought much joy to his family and the neighboring clans, making the brutal winters and the hard work in the fields more bearable. Anything that he could do to help he would do it dispute his young age and lack of strength due to his continual sickness, for many days of the year Cathasach would not have enough strength to even stand and so busied himself by listening to the stories of the elders and memorizing the prayers to the Great God from the druids. This was his life for as long as he could remember.

One day though his younger brother did not return from tending to the sheep and night began to fall, as well as the beginning of a blizzard. Forcing himself out of bed Cathasach sneaked out of his families home and entered the frigid night knowing that if he did not act soon his brother may die if he was not found soon. Finding him collapsed in the snow but Cathasach could not muster the strength to drag him home, being caught in the blizzard he removed his cloak and wrapped it around his brother tightly and held him just as tight to maximize the chances of survival. Closing his eyes he gave thanks that he was able to find his brother and protect him and prepared himself for death, instead of death though he felt a warmth overcome him and a fire banishing the cold, and even the sickness that plagued him for all his life left his body. With great surprise Cathasach stood and carried his brother home glowing like a beacon in the blizzard with fire dancing around him but harming nothing. When he returned home the elders and druids were called, after much deliberation and consulting the stories, Cathasach mac Alfher was declared ascended and renamed Dearthair Doiteain, Brother Fire.
Aspect: Fire
Antithesis: Water, ice
In the spirit of John Tombes, American Jacobite with a Byzantine flair for extra spice
I am... the lurker!
Ave Rex Christus!

Pro: The Social Kingship of Christ, Corporatism, Distributism, Yeomanrism, Tradition based Christianity, High Tory, Hierarchy, vanguard republicanism, Blue Laws, House of Wittelsbach, House of Iturbide, House of Kalākaua
Neutral: Constitutions, Guild Socialism, Libertarianism, Constitution Party, monarchism
Against: Communism, socialism, SJWs, materialism, the Democratic Republican Uniparty, material Egalitarianism
Family, Fatherland, Work
Results

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 am

So I just realized that I killed 10 people with my misuse of my power. Might think Nemos will come and attack after hearing this.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 am

Divinity
Name: Neiyssa
History: Neiyssa was born in Mairar, the city of the desert; a place where the tribes of the desert would trade with each other, the people of the city itself, and the most adventurous of traders. But she did not remain in the city long, for her family were merely a small band of traders from one of the desert tribes, and they swiftly returned to their tribe.

Born in Mairar, she never felt that she belonged in the desert, and frequent visits back there to trade with her parents reinforced this; equally, however, she never belonged to Mairar, not living there long enough to form any sense of attatchment to the place. She was trapped half-way between the two, her identity split. When she came of age she left the tribe to settle in Mairar, but unused to the 'civilized' world, she found herself swiftly ostracized from society and eventually she left the city, simply wandering off into the desert.

She returned after several long weeks in the desert, alive, and in better health than ever. She could feel everything up to a point; a great line that she simply could not feel anything beyond. She feared the line, but as long as she remained within its boundaries, why, she felt she could do anything. Mairar was within the line, and thus it should be hers, along with everything behind the line. It was only right. And then, why, perhaps she could see if the line could be extended further.
Aspect: The Great Western Desert (I presume we're allowed geographical locations)
Appearance: Neiyssa is an olive-skinned, black-haired woman who almost always can be found covered in sand-stained white robes, with her face concealed behind a white headwrap except for her emerald green eyes.
Patronized City: Mairar
Antithesis: Water, rivers, cold
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 am

Tag
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Divinity

Name:
Septium

History:
Septium was born into a farming family and was raised on the farm growing to love the outdoors and the crisp country air. At 15 he was forced to move into his local city to work for the armorsmith to help provide money for his family.. He hated it every day being forced to breath the stale, hot air coming from the forge he had to labor over for hours everyday.

Eventually he had earned enough to leave the forge and return to his family farm. Working the land again felt great to him and he finally thought he would be able to settle on his family land and start a family of his own. Then a storm like never before seen blew into his coastal area bringing overwhelming wind spawning tornadoes.

That night one tornado formed close to his family land and started towards the farm leaving destruction in its path. Fearing the worst, Septium stood outside prepared to die and threw up his hands at the tornado as a last act of defiance. To his bewilderment the tornado broke apart and the storm dissipated in a matter of minutes.

Now Septium travels the world doing his best to help people with his powers weather that mean he is stopping a potentially deadly storm or putting out a fire with overwhelming wind.

Aspect:
Air/wind (Weather is also influenced by him through his control of the air)

Appearance:

Patronized City:
Septus

Antithesis:
Earth
Last edited by Chewion on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:Divinity
Name: Ishtarte
History: The human female who would one day become Ishtarte the Liberator, One True God of the Universe, was born into a world of rules and laws. She grew up in a "civilized" society in which all people had their place in service of their community. Ishtarte despised such demands placed on her by those who considered themselves her betters. She defied her parents and village elders by refusing to marry and bear children for a man of their choosing. She defied the kings and chieftains of her society by speaking against their right to enslave people to their will. She instead taught those who would listen to her that the purpose of a human life is to lead a good life according to ones own pleasures not bow to kings and conventions imposed upon one from above.

So naturally the young woman was executed. But then something strange happened. Apotheosis. The young woman rose again as a divine being and she took the name Ishtarte. Angered she haughtily struck down those who had judged her and ordained that her people should henceforth be free to live their lives according to their own desires.
Aspect: Chaos, Individuality and Hedonism
Appearance: Ishtarte takes on many shapes and forms according to her moods but she most commonly appear as a beautiful young woman
Patronized City: Ishtar
Antithesis: Order

EDIT: I should maybe disclose that this is not an entirely original deity as I have used it before in other deity rp's.

Amusing concept. That said, only one Aspect, if you please.

... Chaos then. I will rework my app tomorrow to more clearly signify this.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 pm

I haven't been accepted strictly, but I already posted. I can delete the post if that's best.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Just got back from school post incoming

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Auphelia wrote:Divinity
Name: Alia
History:
Born in the "city" of Delinium, she was raised there to a her father, a scribe and her mother, one of the five artisans in the village. Perhaps the largest village in the world, housing just under 900 people, it is not quite as technologically advanced as other places but their meticulous record keeping and staunch equality has allowed them to live peacefully and prosperously for almost a hundred years.
From birth, Alia has always been extremely intelligent and helpful. She often would help her father with his work and was the first person in their city to think of creating scrolls to write on rather than loose sheets of papyrus. This revolutionised their record keeping systems, and Alia was put in charge of building and running the new record house that was being built. She did her best to keep thorough records, kindly helping all who needed it. She proved to be an excellent manager and record keeper, and the Creator noticed. One day it appeared, or seemed to appear, before her in the large house that she worked in. The Creator was tired of all the new gods asking it questions, so it bestowed her with the domain of general managerial/helper jobs to offset some of its work. Instead of a steady barrage, she would be able to help shoulder some of the burden of these requests by writing them down and querying it all at once or providing answers from a set of instructional books it gave her. It informed her that it had not yet chosen a leader for these new gods, but when it did it would be her job to be their assistant. She now splits her time between living her normal life and managing an inter dimensional Help Desk and Information Centre for the gods, as well as working to spread literacy across civilisation.
Aspect: Helpers/ Scribes / Assistants /etc. That kind of job set and people.
Appearance: A teenage girl with Arabic features wearing a roughly made brown robe and head covering. Her eyes appear black to mortals but a glowing amber to the gods.
Patronized City: Delinium
Antithesis: Chaos

Cool, I can work with this. Accepted.

Camelone wrote:

Aspect: Fire
Antithesis: Water, ice

Hmm, fantasy Scots/Irish eh? Interesting. I'll have to change a few things to put in an island for them, but that's no worries. Also accepted.

Lunas Legion wrote:Divinity
Name: Neiyssa
History: Neiyssa was born in Mairar, the city of the desert; a place where the tribes of the desert would trade with each other, the people of the city itself, and the most adventurous of traders. But she did not remain in the city long, for her family were merely a small band of traders from one of the desert tribes, and they swiftly returned to their tribe.

Born in Mairar, she never felt that she belonged in the desert, and frequent visits back there to trade with her parents reinforced this; equally, however, she never belonged to Mairar, not living there long enough to form any sense of attatchment to the place. She was trapped half-way between the two, her identity split. When she came of age she left the tribe to settle in Mairar, but unused to the 'civilized' world, she found herself swiftly ostracized from society and eventually she left the city, simply wandering off into the desert.

She returned after several long weeks in the desert, alive, and in better health than ever. She could feel everything up to a point; a great line that she simply could not feel anything beyond. She feared the line, but as long as she remained within its boundaries, why, she felt she could do anything. Mairar was within the line, and thus it should be hers, along with everything behind the line. It was only right. And then, why, perhaps she could see if the line could be extended further.
Aspect: The Great Western Desert (I presume we're allowed geographical locations)
Appearance: Neiyssa is an olive-skinned, black-haired woman who almost always can be found covered in sand-stained white robes, with her face concealed behind a white headwrap except for her emerald green eyes.
Patronized City: Mairar
Antithesis: Water, rivers, cold

A plot to expand the desert? I like it. Accepted.

Chewion wrote:Divinity

Name:
Septium

History:
Septium was born into a farming family and was raised on the farm growing to love the outdoors and the crisp country air. At 15 he was forced to move into his local city to work for the armorsmith to help provide money for his family.. He hated it every day being forced to breath the stale, hot air coming from the forge he had to labor over for hours everyday.

Eventually he had earned enough to leave the forge and return to his family farm. Working the land again felt great to him and he finally thought he would be able to settle on his family land and start a family of his own. Then a storm like never before seen blew into his coastal area bringing overwhelming wind spawning tornadoes.

That night one tornado formed close to his family land and started towards the farm leaving destruction in its path. Fearing the worst, Septium stood outside prepared to die and threw up his hands at the tornado as a last act of defiance. To his bewilderment the tornado broke apart and the storm dissipated in a matter of minutes.

Now Septium travels the world doing his best to help people with his powers weather that mean he is stopping a potentially deadly storm or putting out a fire with overwhelming wind.

Aspect:

Appearance:
(Image)

Patronized City:
Septus

Antithesis:
Vacuum (space etc.)

Vacuum isn't exactly a viable antithesis- I doubt we'll see many spacefarers in this RP. I would recommend, earth, offhand, for its stolidity and intransigence in the face of weather.

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

Aspect: Rivers
Appearance:

Hmm. We've got a bit of work to do here.

Foremost, that setting isn't really contiguous with that of the RP. Mankind is just beginning to understand civilization, forging copper implements, making the first cities- dams, organized militaries, a feudal system, and so on, are out of that horizon- though, of course, it may be that the gods change that.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Chewion wrote:Divinity

Name:
Septium

History:

Aspect:

Appearance:
(Image)

Patronized City:
Septus

Antithesis:
Earth

Fixed

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. We've got a bit of work to do here.

Foremost, that setting isn't really contiguous with that of the RP. Mankind is just beginning to understand civilization, forging copper implements, making the first cities- dams, organized militaries, a feudal system, and so on, are out of that horizon- though, of course, it may be that the gods change that.

OK, so the nobleman and his small army should be changed? How about irrigation?
The egyptians knew how to use fresh water to enrich their lands.

'Nother question: If simple feudalism/despotism isn't widespread yet, who controlls the towns? When I saw the word "city", I thought about large, organized communities working together in i.e. farming, making clothes, hunting, etc. There were counts and earls in early civilizations, such as post-Roman Europe, pre-Roman middle east, pre-Roman Britain and Scandinavia. I'm not trying to overrule your word or anything like that. I'm trying to understand and improve my situation through discourse. I hope you can help me.

Summing this up:
-Noblemen/autocratic rulers aren't allowed
-Noblemen armies aren't allowed (With noblemen armies, I'm not saying Charlemagne's knights, I'm saying conscripted farmers tasked with retaking a city close to them. The armour of the invaders can certainly be altered, but I should say that cavalry attacks, such as that of the Mongols, were common back then)
-City constable/guards aren't allowed
-Damworks/irrigation is not allowed (If I'm talking dams, I'm not talking Hoover dam or something, I'm talking small, wooden contraptions to stop water flooding a specific area, such as grasslands.
-If despotism isn't allowed, then riding horses probably isn't allowed either (?)
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. We've got a bit of work to do here.

Indeed.

The Egyptians were uncommonly advanced for their time period- almost none of the cities and settlements in this RP have much more than subsistence agriculture, with most food being supplied by traditional hunting and gathering.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

Indeed.

The Egyptians were uncommonly advanced for their time period- almost none of the cities and settlements in this RP have much more than subsistence agriculture, with most food being supplied by traditional hunting and gathering.

Ah, OK.. This might be difficult to explain, but if hunting and gathering is posing the largest food supply, then why are there cities? Aren't cities run on farms and farmers? The entire premise of settling down together in a community was to farm. Hunters are nomads and couldn't stay in one area for too long.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Divinity
Name: Narvail
History: Once a hunter, Norvail was a normal man who just like every other person struggled to feed his family and survive the world's perils. One day, Narvail tracked a large buck into a deep, ancient part of the forest where he had never been before. Before long, he came across the carcass of the buck being torn apart by a large pack of wolves. Turning their attention to the hunter, all Narvail could do is try to run, but to no avail. Once they were about to set on him, Narvail stuck out his hand and said something in an unknown tongue seemingly instinctively. He looked and saw that the pack had stopped and looked to him as if waiting for a command. He spoke the weird language once more and the pack retrieved another deer and dropped it in front of their new master: God of the Wilds and Lord of the Hunt, Narvail. Ever since, he has watched over all hunters and travelers who leave offerings for him before their hunts or expeditions and specifically the people and hunters of the city of Caid Haile, where the hunter Narvail was originally from.
Aspect: God of the Wilds, Deep Forest and Lord of the Hunt
Appearance: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/the- ... ent-leshen
Patronized City: Caid Haile
Antithesis: Fire, Lightning

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse