NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Imperialism: A Colonization RP IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:43 am

Madrid, Spain

Manuel Cruz regarded the letter carefully. It had just been delivered, but his secretary assured him that Cruz's predecessor, the recently deceased Nicolas Cruz, had had no plans regarding France, and so this offer was a fresh slate. Of course, as his first official duty as the new Foreign Minister, he would have to select a delegation. He would go himself, of course, and he would also need an economic advisor and a military advisor. A representative from the Madrid Chamber of Commerce would be perfect, as most Spanish companies had their offices there. As for a military advisor, he would ask the Minister of War for a representative. And just like that, the matter was resolved. This job wouldn't be so hard, he thought to himself.

Dominican Republic waters

The night was silent, and the only noise that drifted across the ocean was the occasional sounds of marine life and fishermen heading home. No ships would be departing Santo Domingo so late at night, as the Cuban military command had planned. The Spanish Navy's Caribbean squadron steamed closer to Santo Domingo Bay, the capital city of the Dominican Republic. Other naval ships were also busy around other parts of the island. By now, two transports would be anchored in Puerto Plata, with approximately 500 troops hidden in the holds. However, that was only a distraction from the main attack; the capture of Puerto Plata was only meant to ensure Spanish troops could land quickly and that artillery could be brought inland for a siege of Santiago, if necessary. The attack on Santo Domingo, on the other hand, would hopefully be a brief affair, a quick one-two punch to annihilate the military chain of command and ensure chaos in the responding forces.

As the warships quietly drew closer to the city, there was no response. It was possible that the sentries didn't see the fleet drawing ever close; it was more likely that their commanders hadn't stationed any sentries, and were instead using them in some scheme to seize power. Coups had been ridiculously common not that long ago, after all. The lead warship, the newly arrived cruiser Almirante Oquendo, was the first to enter the bay, and she had all her lights doused and engines running as quietly as possible.

Suddenly, a loud blast echoed across the bay. An explosion of some kind had occurred at the fort that controlled the bay. That was the signal. Locals that had resented the ineffectual government had been recruited by Spanish agents to initiate a riot by bombing the local barracks, and that had been it. The bomb was the signal to begin the attack.

As the longboats of the Almirante Oquendo began to row to the shore, loaded with marines, the warship's powerful guns began bombarding the fort. The fort, which had expected a calm night, was not prepared for such an assault and desperately attempted to man the fort's guns as naval shells blasted away massive chunks of the fort.

In Santo Domingo, meanwhile, the first of the marines landed and came face to face with a confused scene. The riots had begun, but rather than being fueled by the public, it appeared the local troops had mistaken it for another coup and had mobilized to defend the government buildings. As a result, the Spanish army was able to land its full complement of troops with barely any resistance. However, progress slowed dramatically in the blocks around the presidential palace as the local troops fought desperately to beat back the Spanish army.

Eventually, however, as senior commanders began to flee the city with their families to avoid being arrested, the local troops sensed that their commanders assumed they would be defeated, and the local defense crumbled away. As a similar scenario played out in Puerto Plata to the north, Dominican commanders hurriedly organized local militias and army units into a cohesive defense, and the D.R. committed to halting the Spanish advance at the town of Villa Altagracia, north of Santo Domingo. However, before they were ready, the Spanish army attacked in force, hoping to meet up with the supply column at Puerto Plata. The unprepared and poorly-armed militiamen were no match for the well-trained, veteran troops of the Spanish army, and after a few hours of fighting, Spanish cavalry had cleared the way to Bonao. It was here that the forward elements of the army finally paused to resupply and rest after the fierce fighting to reach Bonao.

The troops that had landed in Puerto Plata were not so lucky. Their advance had been stalled by a well-organized defense outside the town of Pedro Garcia, and they had been unable to break the defenses thus far. Instead of trying to force their way through to Santiago, the Spanish commander decided to try to take the city of Mao. Despite the efforts of the Dominican commander, the Battle of Esperanza was a Spanish victory, and they took Mao with few casualties. This victory was the last major effort by the northern Spanish forces, as the commander realized that they were almost overextended and decided to instead await reinforcements and supplies.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:18 am

Prince Qasim Al Osmani or Kazim the Ottoman, who is the Governor of Hashemite Brazil, arrives at the Palace of the Preimer of Gran Colombia. He enters directly, into the Preimer's room [OOC: AN APPOINTMENT HAD ALREADY BEEN BOOKED]. He greets the Preimer and begins to speak : "Dear Sir, I bring to you the news of highest importance. The Sultanate of Hashemite dynasty wants to sell all their South American possessions to Gran Colombia, save that of Rio. They say that they want to keep Rio, atleast to be able to say with pride that the Sun never sets on the sultanate. The Shuraa Majlis or Parliament stated that the land of Brazil is to distant, and that the people are quite rebellious. They ask for economic access to be given to them. They are also wiling to form an alliance, with a promise from the Preimer to not attack Rio. They are even asking the Preimer to teach the old Sultan of manners of diplomacy! The Sultan personally wishes to provide your army with Maxim Guns. I pause for your reply..
Last edited by Al-Hind Indus on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"From Kashmir to Kanyakumari"
" The India for masses"
PROUD MEMBER OF COUCIL OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND Environmental Conservation Organization

Arshanid Deccan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arshanid Deccan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:02 pm

[*]
Last edited by Arshanid Deccan on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Sultanate located in Southern India ruled by Sultan Arslan Siddiqui Bahadur.

We do not use NS Stats

Arshanid Deccan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arshanid Deccan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 pm

To: President Brogile of France

Peace Be Upon You, I would like to discuss the matter of the selling of Madagascar. I am interested in purchasing Madagascar of you are willing to sell, just name your price. Also I would like to open up my nation's trade with you so we both may benefit economically in the future. I wish to have peace with France and warm relations for our nations have a lot in common like enmity with the British for example. God-willing, if our campaign in India is successful I will allow you to open an embassy there. I pray for your health and safety. I look forward to meeting you at Versailles

Sincerely,
Sultan Kilij Khan
Last edited by Arshanid Deccan on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We do not use NS Stats

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:45 pm

South America,
The Granada Federation,
Colombia,
Bogota

A young man sat on the throne of the Premier, a title that most would just describe as a different sort of monarchy under a new name. He had a complexion that was relatively fair for his race, but it was still more of a mocha porcelain than anything else. He was beautiful, with intense eyes of blue and a streak of nigh-silver white in his otherwise black hair. Some people like him existed in the world, after all, thanks a strange condition named after a German man.

“Hold...” The young man rose, moving fluidly towards the other. Around 20 himself, he looked the governor up and down, quirking his head.

“I believe you are looking for my father.” He said in the language of the other - Arabic. Luca smiled softly, teeth white as snow thanks to the naturally-occurring fluoride in the water he drank.

“Papa! There is a man here. I do hope you’ve heard him. Come on, come on! The man cannot wait forever.” While Luca’s clothing was simpler and more comfortable looking than the usual royal’s clothes - appearing somewhat like the usual civilian's, but made out of nicer materials and having better quality - the man that arose from a position behind the throne, where a second seat allowed him to read (he was an eccentric man, and had odd tendencies, Luca had to admit) - seasoned and older than Luca, probably in his mid to late fifties - wore elaborate robes of Chinese silk in golden and red colors. He maneuvered to the throne, taking a seat.

“You wish to sell us Brasilia?” The man asked. Luca perked up, grinning at his father. He would love to visit, and maybe take a few of his friends.

“And you wish for your Sultan to become my student?” The man gave a soft laugh, not so much amused as he was pleased.

“I do have a nation to run. I cannot take a student at the moment, but your Sultan may communicate with me freely. I accept the other terms. We can hold meetings every so often, if he so wishes, where I can advise him. If you wish, I can send one of my ambassadors to provide advice. Perhaps an embassy could be opened up in your nation.” The man said.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Santo Domingo, Hispaniola, Spanish West Indies

The new Captain-General of Hispaniola, Ramon Blanco y Erenas, was working on his first report to the Viceroy of the Spanish West Indies when he heard the booming of artillery in the distance. The troops at Bonao, about 100 kilometres northwest from Santo Domingo, were due to attempt a breakthrough to the north. Although Erenas was unsure about whether the battle would be a victory, he knew that the enemy would not be able to launch a successful counter-attack. Already, the Spanish military presence in the former Dominican Republic was massive, with there now being over 5,000 troops in the Spain-controlled region. A government had also been quickly established, and Hispaniola was now a Captaincy-General in the Viceroyalty of the Spanish West Indies.

Once the Spanish army had established a shore presence, it had quickly expanded, easily destroying or brushing aside the civilian militias in the eastern half of the territory. As of now, the Spanish army had established its control over that half, with the demarcation line being San Cristobal-Bonao-Cofui-Nagua. West of that was primarily mountainous terrain, where the army had retreated to rebuild itself. The Spanish army also held the Monte Cristi-Mao-Puerto Plata triangle, but their presence there was only to prevent enemies troops and supplies going to Santiago.

While this meant that Spain's conquest of the old Dominican Republic was nearly complete, it also meant that the failure to control the mountains allowed the Republic to continue a guerrilla war. Erenas knew that a military solution to guerrilla warfare was unlikely to work, so he had devised a more humane system.

Hispaniola relied heavily on agriculture, and competed with other nations in the Caribbean to export sugar, cocoa, and tobacco to Spain. However, the most recent policy papers from the Viceroy stated that all sugar processing was to take place in Cuba, as was the majority of tobacco processing. Although this meant that Hispaniola would have to shut down its few sugar mills, it also meant that the island would become a haven for plantation owners and an even bigger sugarcane exporter.

That was what he was writing in this report, anyway. His opinion was that the de-industrialization would make Hispaniola more reliant on Spain and less attractive to potential rivals, but with the rise of Mexico and Gran Colombia, maybe this was for the best. He had more experience with agricultural policy, anyway.

As he sealed the letter, he noticed that the cannon fire had stopped. The Spanish army had won the battle, and were pushing on to La Vega. On the other side of the island, the commander had finally received the requested troops and had engaged army units and the city militia just northwest of Santiago. Soon, all of east and central Hispaniola would be under Spanish control, and then the army would turn towards the Central Cordillera and the Haitian border.
Spain has conquered the eastern Dominican Republic.
Army remnants and guerrilla fighters have established strongholds in the Central Cordillera Mountains.
The Dominican Republic has become the Captaincy-General of Hispaniola as a part of the Viceroyalty of the Spanish West Indies.
Sugar refineries in the S.W.I. have been centralized in Cuba.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Prince Qasim continued " I am sure the Sultan would be pleased. It would be better if you set up an embassy in Aden. Sire, but there is one thing more, we did like to get the Island of St.Martin for the colonial government of Sultanate. I think you were trying to say something, please go on.
" The India for masses"
PROUD MEMBER OF COUCIL OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND Environmental Conservation Organization

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Fukoku kyōhei

Prime Minister Ito Hirobumi wandered the halls of his house in Tokyo. Emperor Meiji had been pressuring him to speed up the modernization of Japan in order to maintain its independence and to gain the respect of the West. With an upcoming world meeting in Versailles, Ito would hopefully be able to do the latter, but for now, he had to focus on internal affairs. There was a new slogan the Emperor had made: "Enrich the state, strengthen the military". Japan had been undergoing a massive industrialization campaign as the independence of Japan was constantly threatened by the West. Ito and the rest of the Meiji Oligarchy had seen what had happened to China and how the Europeans exploited them and the rest of Asia.

In 1868, after the restoration of imperial rule, the Charter Oath was proclaimed, outlying the goals of post-Shogunate Japan. The government, once ruled by the Shogunate, would now be run by a government similar to those of the West. Westernizing education and the military were also important goals for the Meiji Oligarchy. Along with that, the Japanese had been building new industries, such as shipyards, iron smelters, and spinning mills. As a result, new conglomerates known as the Zaibatsu were formed. The once agrarian nation of Japan will be transformed into an industrialized society. This wouldn't be easy, as such radical change would alienate the older classes that had enjoyed privilege for so long. To combat this, Emperor Meiji had abolished the samurai class. There was a rebellion by the Satsuma domain in 1877 to challenge the Emperor's authority, but it was swiftly put down by the new Imperial Army. They needed assistance from the west in order to complete their massive changes. Prime Minister Ito had attempted to get the Unequal Treaties nullified, but he still had yet to hear from the British on it. Next on his agenda was securing the alliances of the West. The Spanish and British seemed like good options to start with.
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Asardia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:The telegram was received after some time. It was first received by the foreign minister of Mexico, Ignacio Mariscal. He decided to read the contents of the telegram first, before sending the telegram to it's intended recipient, President Porfirio Diaz. Foreign Minister Mariscal soon walked to the President's office, knocking the door, which President Diaz opened. Mariscal soon have the telegram to President Diaz.

President Diaz then read the telegram. He was happy at the offers, which would be very beneficial to the Mexican economy, as well as increasing diplomatic relations with Spain and benefitting his political allies, which had helped him in his leadership. President Diaz soon decided to write a telegram, replying to the Spanish offer, before having it sent by the Foreign Minister Mariscal. The telegram was then sent.

The message read as follow:

To: Nicolas Cruz, Foreign Minister of Spain

Greetings,

We accept all of your offer. We will send one of our ambassadors to the embassy on Madrid. We will also send our diplomatic staffs to establish a consulate on Havana. You can establish a consulate on Guadalajara.

As for the trade route, we will establish it. From now, your ships can trade on Tijuana, and our ships can trade on Cuba and Spain. I think you will also be interested to form another trade route in the The city of Oaxaca.

Respectfully,

Porfirio Diaz
President of Mexico

Meanwhile, the Mexican development was underway. New silver mines were being constructed, and the industries utilizing silver were funded to develop, with the industry that turned silver into jewelry, item, decoration, and luxury for the rich being especially supported. Roads and railways connecting cities and industries were also under construction. It was hoped that those infrastructures would increase the efficiency of product and people transport, and thus, the economy. The heavy industries, such as steel and machinery, were also constructed, while tequila production facilities were funded too. Ports and rail stations were also improved.

President Diaz also decided to start establishing relations with America and Japan. He made Foreign Minister Marsical wrote the telegrams to America and Japan. It contained the same offer as the telegram to Spain, to establish an embassy and a consulate in Mexico, as well as offers to invest on the Mexican industry. Foreign Minister Marsical then sent the telegrams to the respective foreign minister of America and Japan.

To: President Porfirio Diaz of Mexico

Greetings, President Porfirio Diaz. His heavenly Sovereign, Emperor Meiji, has instructed me to inform you that we accept your request for a consulate and an embasys to be established in Japan. You may construct one in Tokyo. We also accept the request for a trade route to be established between our two nations. If this needs further negotiating, we would be willing to come to Mexico to further discuss the terms of the agreement.

Signed,
Prime Minister Ito

President Diaz received the telegram after some time. Like before, it first came through Foreign Minister Ignacio Marsical, who read the contents of the telegram, before delivering it to President Porfirio Diaz. President Diaz, after receiving the telegram, soon read it. After he read it, he had Foreign Minister Marsical wrote a response.

The message was then sent.

To: Ito Hirobumi, Foreign Minister of Japan

Greetings,

I write this message under command from the president of Mexico, Porfirio Diaz. We accept all of your offers. You can establish an embassy in Mexico City and a consulate in Ciudad Juarez. In addition, your ships can trade in the port on Tijuana, Cabo san Lucas, and Acapulco.

We will also meet in Mexico City to discuss further terms between Mexico and Japan. We hope that this will be a start of a great relationship.

Respectfully,

Ignacio Marsical,
Foreign Minister of Mexico

Meanwhile, the military development program also occurred the same time as the economical development. They received fundings, as well as hundreds of recruits who signed up for the army, following a campaign promoting the military. The military was given more training, as well as reorganization to a western military order. The commanders were trained too to cope with the change. Weapons and munitions factory were also constructed, as were storages for it and fortifications along the Mexico-US border. In addition, a plan was written for the invasion of Mexico's southern neighbor, Guatemala. The army was prepared for the invasion, while Spain was contacted about it, to inform them.

In an unrelated news, President Diaz performed a speech, praising France's new leadership. However, in another speech right after the French one, he praised Spain. He also accepted France's invitation to join the meeting.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:31 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:The commanders were trained too to cope with the change. Weapons and munitions factory were also constructed, as were storages for it and fortifications along the Mexico-US border. In addition, a plan was written for the invasion of Mexico's southern neighbor, Guatemala. The army was prepared for the invasion, while Spain was contacted about it, to inform them.

In an unrelated news, President Diaz performed a speech, praising France's new leadership. However, in another speech right after the French one, he praised Spain. He also accepted France's invitation to join the meeting.

Havana, Cuba, Spanish West Indies
Juan Alvarez, Viceroy of the Spanish West Indies, read the memo carefully. The telegram, which had originally been sent to Madrid, had been kicked back to the West Indies on the grounds that it was his area of expertise.

The praise of Spain was nice, very pleasant. The notice that Mexico was plotting an invasion of Guatemala was not as pleasant. As a former Spanish province, Guatemala had a productive and good-natured relationship with Spain and gave the Royal Cuban Company preference in some dealings. However, Alvarez also understood the nature of international politics and that to interfere would do nothing but anger Mexico. After a brief deliberation, he put the paper aside; he would say nothing to Guatemala unless they requested Spanish assistance. He then moved on to the latest reports from Hispaniola.

They were troubling. Although the Spanish army had finally taken the cities and major towns west of the Monte Cristi-Santo Domingo road, army patrols were beginning to report harassment and attacks along isolated roads in the mountains north of Santiago. Additionally, the de-industrialization program was already unpopular with the working class and merchants. However, the captain-general did not report another other attacks in the other areas east of the road. The viceroy had taken steps to ensure that the effects of de-industrialization were offset by allowing the captain-general to maintain all non-sugar and non-tobacco processing facilities in Hispaniola, as well as end tariffs on agricultural goods being exported to Cuba and step up the relocation of animal-husbandry farms to Hispaniola from Cuba. He hoped that would prevent the expansion of the insurgency, but he knew that military steps would have to be taken. That was where western Hispaniola came into play.

Western Hispaniola was mountainous and lacked easy access; it was an ideal area for guerrilla strongholds. He also knew that guerrillas would likely attempt to receive aid from Haiti, and that the Haitians would probably provide that aid. Other than a few towns, such as San Juan, it was nearly impossible to garrison troops in the Central Cordillera Mountains. The Dominican Republic's government was likely to re-establish itself somewhere in the mountains and build up its forces there. The swift annihilation of the D.R. remnants was preferable, but he also had to cut off their source of supplies in Haiti.

Luckily, the Crown had authorized him to do "whatever was necessary" to bring Hispaniola into the Spanish embrace. Even better, the nearly 50,000 troops in the West Indies meant he had carte blanche in regards to an insurgency.

Alvarez stood up and walked over to the map of the West Indies. It was decorated with various pins denoting troops, ships, and important incidents, but Alvarez was interested only in the section of Haiti. After a few moments of close study, he summoned servant to take a letter, to be sent to the captain-general of Hispaniola, the admiral of the Caribbean squadron, and a few veteran commanders.
Spain is preparing to invade Haiti and annex it as a Spanish province.
Cuba-Hispaniola tariffs have been eliminated.
Spain has taken all major cities and towns in Hispaniola and has effective control over populated areas of eastern Hispaniola.
An insurgency has begun in western Hispaniola, based in the Central Cordillera Mountains.
S.W.I. animal-husbandry is being centralized in Hispaniola to replace sugar processing and tobacco processing.
Spain will not interfere in Mexico's invasion of Guatemala.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Arshanid Deccan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arshanid Deccan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Sultan Kilij Khan has decided that it was high time that Persia prospers from within. For a very long time Persia has been in a state of political instability and constant war, for the first time in around 100 years, Persia was now stable. Sultan Kilij Khan orders the construction of shipyards to build pre-dreadnought ships, and ironclads, along with steamships for trade. He also orders the building of paved roads and the installation of electricity in major cities. He has begun industrializing the country, making factories for Persian Rugs, Arms and Ammunition, and Mining Equipment. To support his industrialization, he orders his best exploration geologists, and stratigraphers (which are mainly foreigners who came into the service of the New Seljuk Empire) to begin searching for potential sources of oil in Persia. In Afghanistan he has employed miners to begin mining in the province's mineral deposits, also he has ordered the establishment of fur trade companies and cotton plantations. Sultan Kilij Khan envisions a great future for the New Seljuk Empire.

We do not use NS Stats

Dorlominia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlominia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Asardia wrote:
Fukoku kyōhei

Prime Minister Ito Hirobumi wandered the halls of his house in Tokyo. Emperor Meiji had been pressuring him to speed up the modernization of Japan in order to maintain its independence and to gain the respect of the West. With an upcoming world meeting in Versailles, Ito would hopefully be able to do the latter, but for now, he had to focus on internal affairs. There was a new slogan the Emperor had made: "Enrich the state, strengthen the military". Japan had been undergoing a massive industrialization campaign as the independence of Japan was constantly threatened by the West. Ito and the rest of the Meiji Oligarchy had seen what had happened to China and how the Europeans exploited them and the rest of Asia.

In 1868, after the restoration of imperial rule, the Charter Oath was proclaimed, outlying the goals of post-Shogunate Japan. The government, once ruled by the Shogunate, would now be run by a government similar to those of the West. Westernizing education and the military were also important goals for the Meiji Oligarchy. Along with that, the Japanese had been building new industries, such as shipyards, iron smelters, and spinning mills. As a result, new conglomerates known as the Zaibatsu were formed. The once agrarian nation of Japan will be transformed into an industrialized society. This wouldn't be easy, as such radical change would alienate the older classes that had enjoyed privilege for so long. To combat this, Emperor Meiji had abolished the samurai class. There was a rebellion by the Satsuma domain in 1877 to challenge the Emperor's authority, but it was swiftly put down by the new Imperial Army. They needed assistance from the west in order to complete their massive changes. Prime Minister Ito had attempted to get the Unequal Treaties nullified, but he still had yet to hear from the British on it. Next on his agenda was securing the alliances of the West. The Spanish and British seemed like good options to start with.

The Russian Empire sent a letter to the Japanese Emperor regarding diplomacy and military alliance.

Office of the Emperor of Russia

TO: Emperor Meiji of Japan

Your Highness,
According to Russia's foreign policy of expanding dilomatic and military alliance to as many nations as possible, we wish for a military and trade alliance between the Russian Empire and Imperial Japan. Together, Russia and Japan could be a dominating force in Asia. This is to limit the expanding influence of British and French which could be a potential threat of our sovereignty. Currently, Russia has the largest land force in Europe, second third largest artillery force (behind France and Britain), and one of the largest cavalries in Europe. Their force of Imperialism nearly cannot be stopped. It is also our interest to estabilish trade ties with Japan. Russia has the most sophisticated (at least, behind Britain) the steam technology and shipyards in Europe. Our train industry was also one of the most advanced an biggest in Europe. We wish to put investments in Japan (and Japan's colonies, or we could invade the Pacific to put our interests in there), and to estabilish new tradee routes between Tokyo and Moscow, so that the original seea trade that passes through China will be considered too expensive and rendered useless noting the newly constructed Trans-Siberian railways from the port of Vladivostok to Saint Petersburg.This will also links the ports in Hokkaido (notably Sapporo) to Russian Far East ports for trade. This trade route, when connected with other states across the Pacific and even the Americas, will bring extremely huge amount of money due to international trade and exports. We hope you consider the trade offer and military alliance for Japan and Russia's better future. Crown Prince Nicholas would arrive in Tokyo to begin negotiations.

Regards,
Alexander III Romanov, Tsar of all Russia
Last edited by Dorlominia on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorlominia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Military Coalition

Postby Dorlominia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Al-Hind Indus wrote:
Istanbul,Hashemite Sultanate
The troops from all around the Sultanate, including its colonies have contributed 1,00,000 men for this campaign. Due to orders from the Sultan, the armies wouldn’t invade Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia. The armies would all gather in the island of Imbroz, before invading the Balkans. Troops are ordered not to fight Russians, as they could be a potential ally against British troops.Leading the men, will be Sir Lakeman.
(Image)

A letterr\ is sent to Sir Lakeman from the Russian Army commander, Count Mikhail Kutuzov, regarding a possible military allliance to invade the Balkans together.

From: Count Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov, Marshal of the Russian Empire
TO: Sir Stephen Barlett Lakeman, Hashemite Army commander

Esteemed sir,
The Russian Empire seeks a military alliance with the Hashemite Sultanate. That means, we will offer assistance in the invasion of the Balkans. Currently the news is that Hashemite forces is camping on the island of Imbroz in the Aegean Sea. If you meant to invade Greece, note that the Russian Navy still had 120 ships stationed in Bulgarian waters near Istanbul. We could bring this fleet to besiege the city of Komotini in Thrace, Northern Greece. 90,000 men of the Russian Army will then enter Greece from Bulgaria, and conquer Komotini. Meanwhile, the Hashemite Fleet will then land in Thessaly to conquer. The Russians will then joined by another 40,000 men from Serbia to march to Epirus and continue south to the Peloponnesos. We only ask that Russia could be given the ports of Argos, Corinth and Kalamata in the Peloponnesos as Russian Dependency in the Mediterannean. If you mean to invade Montenegro, Albania, or other states, the Russian Army will also support the Hashemite.

Signed,
Count Mikhail Kutuzov, Marshal of the Russian Empire

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:33 am

To, Count Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov, Marshal of the Russian Empire.
From, Pasha Wali of Imbroz, Sir Lakeman.

We are happy to inform you of the acceptance of your offer in both Parliament,as well as by the Sultan.We accept to make the ports of Argos, Corinth and Kalamata in the Peloponnesos as Russian Dependency in the Mediterannean. However, please be informed that we are postponing the Campaign in Balkans, due to the Versailes Conference. Further, the Sultan has accepted your alliance offer and send you the list of our allies.
" The India for masses"

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:16 am

Reino de Portugal

Palácio de Queluz, Lisboa

While his Father King Luis I is travelling to Versailles, France for an international meeting. Infante Prince Royal Carlos I was announced as the regent taking care of the realm's affairs as the constitutional monarch for the time being. Because of his loyalty to his father, he used his power to bolster it's political party, the Partido Socialista Português (Portuguese Socialist Party) now the ruling party with over 180 seats out of 300.

Now sitting in the office of his father, he is seen talking with his brother a Constable of Portugal, Dom Alfonso and current mastermind of the Portuguese African Conquest.

"Brother, to whom do I owe this visit from you? Aren't you suppose to be in Maputo?"

Alfonso rest his back at the chair sitting comfortably with confidence, "Do not worry brother, our best generals are currently managing the operations there and based on the telegram that I received a few minutes ago, we have been moving unhindered with the tribes persuaded to surrender, or forced to. Anyways I am here to propose for Portuguese support in the Hashemites' conquest of the Balkans, if we are to assist them then it will prove to everyone that our military might has exceeded greatly though the years after we completed a coast to coast empire in Africa. Not only that but think of the reward that those Arabs will bestow upon us after we are victorious."

As a military man himself Carlos already bought what Alfonso is selling, "Very well, muster a force of 25,000 men, 3,000 cavalries, 1,500 light and heavy artilleries, and at least 30 warships. Once the Hashemites accept our offer then I will personally give a strategic map before the Hashemites and Portuguese commanders."

Alfonso now burst with excitement stood up, "Hah! That's what I like brother! I will make a telegram for them right away and then I'll be sailing back to Africa. Thank you brother!"

Before letting his brother go Carlos said, "Just take care of yourself in Africa brother. Don't rush yourself we have 1/3 of the land we are acquiring already. Just 2 more months and we shall achieve the greatest colonial achievement of the Portuguese Empire!"

Telegrama Oficial do Duque do Porto

From: Infante Dom Alfonso, Duke of Porto, Constable of Portugal
To: Whom it may concern

Greetings our Hashemites brother,

Seeing the potential of your reconquest of the Balkans, we would like to extend our hand for a military assistance to secure your victory on the Balkans. We have mister over 25,000 men, 3,000 cavalry men, 1,500 artillery, and over 30 warships. In exchange for our assistance we are asking the following conditions:
- Official Portuguese-Hashemite Alliance
- 20,000,000 Durham
- A military base in Greece.
- 500,000 Balkan men
- 20,000 maxim guns

We are hoping that you are going to accept this offer.
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 am

Zhukovian wrote:
Reino de Portugal

Palácio de Queluz, Lisboa

While his Father King Luis I is travelling to Versailles, France for an international meeting. Infante Prince Royal Carlos I was announced as the regent taking care of the realm's affairs as the constitutional monarch for the time being. Because of his loyalty to his father, he used his power to bolster it's political party, the Partido Socialista Português (Portuguese Socialist Party) now the ruling party with over 180 seats out of 300.

Now sitting in the office of his father, he is seen talking with his brother a Constable of Portugal, Dom Alfonso and current mastermind of the Portuguese African Conquest.

"Brother, to whom do I owe this visit from you? Aren't you suppose to be in Maputo?"

Alfonso rest his back at the chair sitting comfortably with confidence, "Do not worry brother, our best generals are currently managing the operations there and based on the telegram that I received a few minutes ago, we have been moving unhindered with the tribes persuaded to surrender, or forced to. Anyways I am here to propose for Portuguese support in the Hashemites' conquest of the Balkans, if we are to assist them then it will prove to everyone that our military might has exceeded greatly though the years after we completed a coast to coast empire in Africa. Not only that but think of the reward that those Arabs will bestow upon us after we are victorious."

As a military man himself Carlos already bought what Alfonso is selling, "Very well, muster a force of 25,000 men, 3,000 cavalries, 1,500 light and heavy artilleries, and at least 30 warships. Once the Hashemites accept our offer then I will personally give a strategic map before the Hashemites and Portuguese commanders."

Alfonso now burst with excitement stood up, "Hah! That's what I like brother! I will make a telegram for them right away and then I'll be sailing back to Africa. Thank you brother!"

Before letting his brother go Carlos said, "Just take care of yourself in Africa brother. Don't rush yourself we have 1/3 of the land we are acquiring already. Just 2 more months and we shall achieve the greatest colonial achievement of the Portuguese Empire!"

Telegrama Oficial do Duque do Porto

From: Infante Dom Alfonso, Duke of Porto, Constable of Portugal
To: Whom it may concern

Greetings our Hashemites brother,

Seeing the potential of your reconquest of the Balkans, we would like to extend our hand for a military assistance to secure your victory on the Balkans. We have mister over 25,000 men, 3,000 cavalry men, 1,500 artillery, and over 30 warships. In exchange for our assistance we are asking the following conditions:
- Official Portuguese-Hashemite Alliance
- 20,000,000 Durham
- A military base in Greece.
- 500,000 Balkan men
- 20,000 maxim guns

We are hoping that you are going to accept this offer.

To: Infante Dom Alfonso

Dear Brother,
I accept all of your conditions. But I have just one request, that you enter into a military alliance or coalition with Russia. Current Members of our coalition: Russia, Hashemites, Ethiopia, Japan, Seljuks Iran and Granada/Gran colombia.

Yours
Sultan
" The India for masses"

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 am

Telegrama Ofical do Duque do Porto

To: Sultanate of Hashemite

Dear Brother,

After discussing this matter with the Regent and the Minister for Foreign Affairs, we hereby join your military alliance with Russia. And I would like to invite delegates from the member nations of this alliance to Lisbon to sign an official treaty of cooperation between our nations.

Truly Yours,

Infante Dom Alfonso, Constable of Portugal, Prince Royal, Duke of Porto.
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Dorlominia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlominia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:59 am

Zhukovian wrote:
Telegrama Ofical do Duque do Porto

To: Sultanate of Hashemite

Dear Brother,

After discussing this matter with the Regent and the Minister for Foreign Affairs, we hereby join your military alliance with Russia. And I would like to invite delegates from the member nations of this alliance to Lisbon to sign an official treaty of cooperation between our nations.

Truly Yours,

Infante Dom Alfonso, Constable of Portugal, Prince Royal, Duke of Porto.

TO: King of Portugal

Your Majesty,
We have been informed by the Hashemite Sultanate that your nation wish to bulid a military alliance with us. That said, we would accept the military alliance offer gladly. According with our plans to invade the Balkans with the Hashemites, Russia would get the region of Peloponnesos in Greece including the ports of Argos, Kalamata and Corinth. This, when shared together with the Portuguese, could be a great naval and trading base in the Meditteranean to counter the British. We also would like to usee Portuguese colony in Macau to invade the Chinese. Together Russia and Portugal would rise to a great colonial empire. We could eestabilish also trade routes by sea to link between The Americas, Lisbon, Istanbul, Moscow, and the Far East. This would be the first example of globalization trade.

Regards,
Last edited by Dorlominia on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dorlominia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlominia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am

Namibia, West Africa

50 ships of the Russian Imperial Navy arrived in the port of Walvis Bay, Namibia. There was a small village of African natives of the Hero tribe. The fleet was then split into two with 25 ships traveled further north to the settllement of Swakopfmund, Namibia. The flagship cruiser, RIS Gidra, along with another 24 ships of the Russian Imperial Navy landed on the small settlement of Walvis Bay. The tribal elders came out to greet the Russian soldiers, armed with buskets and revolvers. Captain Fedor Ivanovich, the head of the expedition, also brings one of a Hero tribe member fluent in English to act as translator.

Captain Ivanovich then had his troops carry a large Russian Imperial banner that the tribe elders looked in amazement. After loaded a 40-pounder artillery to the ground and fired 2 times as a salute, he planted the RUssian flag to the ground and had his translator explain to the elders that they must kneel to Captain Ivanovich and swear their allegiance to "Chief of Pale Skin Tribe, Alexander III Romanov". The elders was outraged and the tribe warriors quickly grabbed their spears and wooden shields. Ivanovich told the translator to tell the elders there is still time to surrrender. They would not listen.

300 Russian soldiers landed from the ships and quickly prepare their muskets. After loading the flintlock they fired to the tribal warriors as the tribals ran at them with spears and daggeers. Several hundred of them dead, but may was still covering behind the shields. Ivanovich ordered the 40-pounders fire at the tribals and to finish the rest. He himself slew 10 of the elder's bodyguards and all of the elders, only sparing one to tell news about the Russians to other tribes and villages. Soon after, in place of the villages' wooden huts, stone buildings was erected and the village had been given a new name called Zalivkit (ЗаливКит, Whale's Bay).

The other part of the fleet had also landed in a settlement, conquered it and renamed it Aleksandrgrad (Александр Град) in honor of the Russian Emperor, on the mouth of the river Swakopf. Zalivkit quickly became the governmental capital of Russian Imperial Dependency of Southwest Africa (Российская Императорская Зависимость Юго-Западной Африки/Rossiyskaya Imperatorskaya Zavisimost' Yugo-Zapadnoy Afriki). The Russian colonization of Namibia has begun.

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:10 am

ISTANBUL DAILY

Aden,Yemen Vilayet
Two Churches and A Qadri tekke has been built in Aden. A Russian Orthodox Church and a Orientalist Orthodox Church along with a Qadri Sufi lodge has been built in Aden. Russia and Ethiopia would be ask to provide clergymen for the churches, whereas the Arab Dervishes and Seljuks would be asked to provide Dervishes,Mullahs and Sufis for the lodge. Further six provinces in Yemen Vilayet had their names changed. These name changes indicate better ties among Sultanates' allies. The old names along with their new names are below:
1. Al-Hadhramaut to Ar-Rus Province [The Russia Province]
2. Al-Marib to Al-Habsha Province [The Ethiopia Province]
3. Al-Suqutra to Al-Purtugal [The Portugal Province]
4. Al-Shabwah to Al-Yaban [The Japan Province]
5. Al-Jawf to Al-Saljuk Al-Farsi [The Persian Seljuk Province]
6. Al-Mahrah to Al-Gharnatah au Kulimbia Al-Azima [The Granada or Great Colombia Province (Gran Colombia)]
Last edited by Al-Hind Indus on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
" The India for masses"

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:46 am

Dorlominia wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Fukoku kyōhei

The Russian Empire sent a letter to the Japanese Emperor regarding diplomacy and military alliance.

TO: Emperor Meiji of Japan

Your Highness,
According to Russia's foreign policy of expanding dilomatic and military alliance to as many nations as possible, we wish for a military and trade alliance between the Russian Empire and Imperial Japan. Together, Russia and Japan could be a dominating force in Asia. This is to limit the expanding influence of British and French which could be a potential threat of our sovereignty. Currently, Russia has the largest land force in Europe, second third largest artillery force (behind France and Britain), and one of the largest cavalries in Europe. Their force of Imperialism nearly cannot be stopped. It is also our interest to estabilish trade ties with Japan. Russia has the most sophisticated (at least, behind Britain) the steam technology and shipyards in Europe. Our train industry was also one of the most advanced an biggest in Europe. We wish to put investments in Japan (and Japan's colonies, or we could invade the Pacific to put our interests in there), and to estabilish new tradee routes between Tokyo and Moscow, so that the original seea trade that passes through China will be considered too expensive and rendered useless noting the newly constructed Trans-Siberian railways from the port of Vladivostok to Saint Petersburg.This will also links the ports in Hokkaido (notably Sapporo) to Russian Far East ports for trade. This trade route, when connected with other states across the Pacific and even the Americas, will bring extremely huge amount of money due to international trade and exports. We hope you consider the trade offer and military alliance for Japan and Russia's better future. Crown Prince Nicholas would arrive in Tokyo to begin negotiations.

Regards,

To: Alexander III Romanov, Tsar of Russia

Greetings,

It is in the best interests of Japan to sign an alliance and trade agreement with the Russian Empire. As you know, Japan has been modernizing and seeking allies to protect its independence. We believe that allying with your empire will help both of us achieve our goals. We too seek to limit the influence of the British and other Europeans on the Asian continent. His Heavenly Sovereign, Emperor Meiji, will accept your proposal for an alliance and a trade agreement, and we also request a Japanese embassy to be constructed in Moscow. In return, you may build an embassy in Tokyo.

Signed,
Prime Minister Ito Hirobumi
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Dorlominia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlominia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 am

Al-Hind Indus wrote:
ISTANBUL DAILY

Aden,Yemen Vilayet
Two Churches and A Qadri tekke has been built in Aden. A Russian Orthodox Church and a Orientalist Orthodox Church along with a Qadri Sufi lodge has been built in Aden. Russia and Ethiopia would be ask to provide clergymen for the churches, whereas the Arab Dervishes and Seljuks would be asked to provide Dervishes,Mullahs and Sufis for the lodge. Further six provinces in Yemen Vilayet had their names changed. These name changes indicate better ties among Sultanates' allies. The old names along with their new names are below:
6. Al-Mahrah to Al-Gharnatah au Kulimbia Al-Azima [The Granada or Great Colombia Province (Gran Colombia)]

As a respect for the alliance between the Hashemite Sultanate and Russian Empire, the Russian Empire has hereby transfered the its claim upon the sovereignty of the following regions: Armenia and Azerbajian, to the Hashemite Sultanate. May this preserve our alliance until the end of time.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am

Hispaniola, Spanish West Indies

The Haitian government had been shocked into action by the invasion of its neighbor and had fortified its coastal forts, rendering an amphibious attack too dangerous to risk. At the same time, Haiti had also stepped up supplies to the guerrilla fighters in the Central Cordillera Mountains in an attempt to force the Spanish to divert their attention. However, the captain-general of Hispaniola had other plans.

At approximately 0400 local time, four unarmoured cruisers and several mine planting boats approached Ile de la Gonave, the island that split the approach to Port au Prince in two. As the cruisers took up positions around the entrance to the northern passage, Canal de Saint-Marc, the mine planters began mining Canal de la Gonave, the southern passage. Although the Haitian navy was expecting an attack, they were anchored in Baie de Port au Prince, rendering them trapped inside the Spanish blockade.

At the same time, Spanish artillery opened fire on Fond Parisien. Although the garrison there attempted a valiant defense, they were scattered by superior artillery fire. By the time the Spanish army marched into the town, the troops there had fled into the night. The slow pace of information meant that by the time bells began to ring throughout Port au Prince and Port de Paix to mobilize the garrisons, Spanish troops had already taken Ganthier. Although the garrison there was responsible for defending the border in the event of an invasion, they surrendered without a fight to the Spanish army. The Haitian army finally managed to muster a defense at Petion-ville, just east of Port-au-Prince, where the Spanish infantry finally engaged the enemy. Although the Spanish fought hard to dislodge the enemy, they were unable to do so. Instead, reinforcements were diverted north to take Croix-de-Bouquets, an undefended town, and then to loop south and place themselves between Petion-ville and Port-au-Prince. They did so magnificently, placing the troops in Petion-ville between two Spanish armies and leaving Port-au-Prince mostly undefended.

Rather than take Port-au-Prince, though, the army decided to make an example of the defensive forces at Petion-ville. The Haitian troops, trapped in a deadly vise of infantry and artillery, fought to the last man. By the time the battle ended, only one of the 600 Haitian troops was alive. The rest had been killed by rifle and artillery fire, taking 475 Spaniards with them.

This unexpected loss of life meant that the Spanish army was unable to continue advancing until it received reinforcements, and so the Spanish hunkered down in the lowlands between the La Selle and Mathieux mountain ranges. With the only supply roads into Port-au-Prince being in Spanish hands or in range of the guns of Spanish warships, Port-au-Prince began to starve. The Haitian navy was unable to clear a path through the minefield for merchant ships, and it was unwilling to challenge the Spanish fleet anchored in Canal de Saint Marc, so it was reduced to serving as the defensive artillery for Port-au-Prince.

As Port-au-Prince starved and began to consider a revolt against the garrison and government there, the Spanish navy made sure to keep Port-de-Paix informed of these developments, and the acting commander of the Haitian troops there began to seriously consider surrendering.
Spain has invaded Haiti.
Port-au-Prince is blockaded and under siege. The city is starving and beginning to consider a revolt.
Port-de-Paix is considering a surrender to the Spanish, which would end the war.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:17 am

Decree/Farman III
To all the Citizens of the World, This is to inform you all of the royal decree for construction of railway link and bridge, in Hejaz Vilayet as well as a trans-national link between Afghanistan-Iran-Hejaz. These projects would serve many needs. Firstly, connect the holy cities of Makka and Medina to the Vilayet of Yemen, secondly, connect Seljuk Empire to Ethiopia, via the Hashemite Sultanate. This is to expand our links with the international world and expand our trade. This entire project should be finished within 30 months.The Hashemite Rail Authority would be responsible for the project,along with its counterpart in Seljuk Empire.
" The India for masses"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Ethiopian Orthodox Church established in Aden

Postby Bruke » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 am

Al-Hind Indus wrote:
ISTANBUL DAILY

Aden,Yemen Vilayet

The Orthodox Church has sent priests and a Bishop, to be made head of the newly created Diocese of Aden.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse