NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Imperialism: A Colonization RP (Interest/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm

You may want to change the opening post, as Otto Von Bismark is very dead now that you've accepted me.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Germany is developing, Britain is overhead, hellbent upon pouncing any dangers. THEY WOULD NOT EVEN SPARE THE BESG OF FRIENDS.THEY ATE UP OUR LAND. THEY WILL EAT GERMAN LAND AS WELL. THEY BROKE OUR FRONTIERS. THEY HELPED AGGRESORS

OOC: ISN'T IT EMOTIONAL...LOL
"From Kashmir to Kanyakumari"
" The India for masses"
PROUD MEMBER OF COUCIL OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND Environmental Conservation Organization

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Tysoania wrote:
AL-Hind Indus wrote:You see i am abit impatient .
So ships would take 5 minutes, while boats 3 minutes and walking would take 10 minutes

The problem with that is that things move way too fast for other people to catch up. By the time you're done reading old actions, new ones are already up.

Also, steamships are pretty slow. It takes weeks to sail across the Mediterranean or N. Atlantic. I suggest that we use 1 day as 2 weeks IC, so you don't have to wait forever to get somewhere, but others are still able to keep up.

6 hours as a day would be pretty long
Last edited by Al-Hind Indus on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" The India for masses"
PROUD MEMBER OF COUCIL OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND Environmental Conservation Organization

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 pm

AL-Hind Indus wrote:Germany is developing, Britain is overhead, hellbent upon pouncing any dangers. THEY WOULD NOT EVEN SPARE THE BESG OF FRIENDS.THEY ATE UP OUR LAND. THEY WILL EAT GERMAN LAND AS WELL. THEY BROKE OUR FRONTIERS. THEY HELPED AGGRESORS

OOC: ISN'T IT EMOTIONAL...LOL

Yohannes wishes to send a delegation to discuss a non-agression pact between the Hashemites and his own country, Ethiopia. He, too, hates the Egyptians and Sudanese and would be willing to offer assistance.
Last edited by Bruke on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Our diplomat would arrive in Ethiopia, shortly before our armies enter Evypt. We would talk about tbe terms then.
" The India for masses"

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:00 pm

AL-Hind Indus wrote:
Tysoania wrote:The problem with that is that things move way too fast for other people to catch up. By the time you're done reading old actions, new ones are already up.

Also, steamships are pretty slow. It takes weeks to sail across the Mediterranean or N. Atlantic. I suggest that we use 1 day as 2 weeks IC, so you don't have to wait forever to get somewhere, but others are still able to keep up.

6 hours as a day would be pretty long

6 hours would be around 3.5 days. However, we should wait to see what the OP states as the official time scale.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

AL-Hind Indus wrote:Our diplomat would arrive in Ethiopia, shortly before our armies enter Evypt. We would talk about tbe terms then.

Yohannes will look forward to it. send the diplomat to the Royal Palace in Mekelle, the Emperor will meet him there.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Might app

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:02 pm

We are sending oir diplomat to ethiopia shortly
" The India for masses"

Al-Hind Indus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hind Indus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Chevk ic Ethiopia
" The India for masses"

The Free Republic Of Arconia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Republic Of Arconia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:15 pm

NS Country Name: The Free Republic of Arconia
RP Country Name: Scandanavian Empire
Leader: Oscar II
Capital: Stockholm
Territory: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, greenland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nigeria,Benin, Togo, ghana, and the rest of the unclaimed land in that area
Population:23 million

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:32 pm

I got caught up applying for another roleplay so I might not be able to write my first IC post today, but if I do it’ll probably be later.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:24 pm

The Free Republic Of Arconia wrote:NS Country Name: The Free Republic of Arconia
RP Country Name: Scandanavian Empire
Leader: Oscar II
Capital: Stockholm
Territory: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, greenland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nigeria,Benin, Togo, ghana, and the rest of the unclaimed land in that area
Population:23 million

Accepted
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:01 pm

My overview post is in the works.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Holoska
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:18 pm

This is just to clarify for those who might miss it in my first post: Scotland is beginning the colonization of Walvis Bay (Namibia), Tristan da Cahuna, and Kenya/Tanzania.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Holoska wrote:This is just to clarify for those who might miss it in my first post: Scotland is beginning the colonization of Walvis Bay (Namibia), Tristan da Cahuna, and Kenya/Tanzania.

In that case, Ethiopia wishes to send an envoy to the Scots to discuss opening trade and diplomatic relations.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Also, Asardia, I took the liberty of redoing my map claims. I hope it's not overstepping my boundaries. It can be found here.

What I changed is:
- Cleaned up my claims
- Added new colonial claims
- Gave myself a nicer shade of blue that's easier to tell apart from France and that I think is more "Scottish"
- Recolored my colonial claims (You colored them with France's color)
Last edited by Holoska on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 pm

NS Country Name: Zelent
RP Country Name: New Roman Empire, Nuovo Impero Romano
Leader: Roman Emperor, Ricciotti Garibaldi
Capital: Rome
Territory: https://imgur.com/a/KTLc7
Population: 42 Million
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Holoska wrote:Also, Asardia, I took the liberty of redoing my map claims. I hope it's not overstepping my boundaries. It can be found here.

What I changed is:
- Cleaned up my claims
- Gave myself a nicer shade of blue that's easier to tell apart from France and that I think is more "Scottish"

Actually, I decided to just go ahead and clean up the entire map.
- No more white pixels
- Germany has its proper 1884 territory
- Few other minor border adjustments

Hope this is good.
Last edited by Holoska on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Holoska wrote:
Holoska wrote:Also, Asardia, I took the liberty of redoing my map claims. I hope it's not overstepping my boundaries. It can be found here.

What I changed is:
- Cleaned up my claims

Actually, I decided to just go ahead and clean up the entire map.
- No more white pixels
- Germany has its proper 1884 territory
- Few other minor border adjustments

Hope this is good.

Of course! I appreciate it. I'm not the best at mapping, so I'm glad you took the time to fix the map. You didn't do anything wrong

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Zelent wrote:NS Country Name: Zelent

Accepted

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Not sure if you saw, but the Sultanate has been threatening to invade Egypt and the Sudan, so heads up.

Also, will you be implementing the same Suez Canal policy as the British Empire IRL?
The Cold War in 6 words:

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Tysoania wrote:

Not sure if you saw, but the Sultanate has been threatening to invade Egypt and the Sudan, so heads up.

Also, will you be implementing the same Suez Canal policy as the British Empire IRL?

Hmm, in what sense? In it's placement as a charter company owned property, I haven't decided yet.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Zelent wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Not sure if you saw, but the Sultanate has been threatening to invade Egypt and the Sudan, so heads up.

Hmm, in what sense? In it's placement as a charter company owned property, I haven't decided yet.

Will you be allowing shipping through it without imposing extraordinary restrictions?
The Cold War in 6 words:

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Hmmm this place seems nice, maybe I'll a-
Orostan wrote:You may want to change the opening post, as Otto Von Bismark is very dead now that you've accepted me.

...what hell have you created
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse