NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Forged in Fire [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:05 pm

A convenience store, Pittsburgh, 2018

Jordan had been traveling for the last few hours across the country. He had set off from Cleveland, a place he had temporarily resided in for a month before, and had made two stops to rest over the last two days before arriving here.

While being a superhuman he still had necessities, like eating, so he stopped at a convenience store in Pittsburgh. He had a few dollars on him and had to use it wisely. While Jordan walked down the aisles of the store he witnessed three men, covered entirely except for their eyes and mouth, entered. Each had a handgun.

Jordan, and almost every person in the store, knew what was happening. Two men went through the store to get the locations of everyone, and the third remained at the front, ordering money from the cashier.

“Put the damn money in the bag!” The third robber shouted, holding a paper bag in front of the cashier and pointing a gun at the cashier.

From Jordan’s left came the second robber who was sweeping the shop to make sure no one was not where they were before.

“Sleep.” Jordan said, the nerves in his head pulsating.

The passing robber stopped, blinked three times, and then collapsed. Obviously this collapse wasn’t quiet, the first robber came around to find his collapsed compatriot.

“What the...” The robber said, then noticing Jordan, “what the hell did you do!?”

The robber aimed his handgun at Jordan.

“Sleep.” Jordan whispered, and this robber fell too.

Jordan got up, walked up to the third robber, who fired at him. These bullets were repealed by a telekinetic forcefield. Jordan took the robber by his collar and whispered, “sleep.”

The third robber collapsed. Obviously a lot of people had seen Jordan’s ability, and Jordan was aware of this. Some people had their phones out, recording him, others were just staring at him, some were trying to sneak out.

“This is going to hurt like hell.” Jordan said to himself, focusing on the minds of everyone in the store and making them pass out.

One by one the people fell and Jordan made his way into the security room. He turned of the camera and wiped its footage from the last five minutes, removing all evidence of his presence. He then went to the phones of everyone in the store, read their minds to get their passcodes, and deleted their photos and videos. In his concluding act he put everyone in upright positions, altered their memories to no longer remember him or the robbers, and he put the robbers outside in their cars. Oh, he also stole what conveniences he needed (everyone was passed out, what would they do?).

In under five minutes the store was clear of any evidence of Jordan and the robbery, and two minutes after Jordan left the shoppers and staff awoke. They felt slightly dazed, but it was only shortly, they felt like something was missing, but they ignored this feeling, and they continued about their business.

Jordan was going down 5th Avenue, a few goods in hand, and was making way for Manhattan, where the UN Security Council meeting was ongoing. This was an event Jordan had to slip into and see unfold, and it inspired him to make the cross-country escapade from Cleveland to Manhattan. At this pace, Jordan was set to arrive by nighttime.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:51 pm

"Fuck! Grab onto something!" Peregrine screamed as he violently rolled the ship to avoid a few of the missiles, but several impacted the right wing and fuselage. Niter had been waiting for the firey impact and used his powers to try and keep the violent flames from engulfing the entire ship.

"Our Armor kept us from being blown to smithereens, but We're going down hard. Everyone Bail!" Peregrine ran/fell from the cockpit due to the rapid descent, and tried to open the rear ramp, but the power was dead. "Wrath!"

The ball of rage incarnate summoned an explosive punch to the rear door, punching through the steel. After a few more, the hole was large enough, and the team slipped out one by one. The Torus crashed into the desert still a few miles from the action. Niter, who had forsaken a parachute, Blasted flames from his suit, using their thrust to cushion his fall. Animus was flown to the ground by an irate Peregrine. "Those bastards blew up the Fucking Torus! Come on, Wrath lets Show them a thing or Two." Wrath just grinned and nodded and Peregrine grabbed ahold of him and rocketed him into the air.

The Fighters were fast, but they moved at a snail's pace compared to Peregrine who brought himself up alongside Death's jet first. Approaching several times faster than the Jet's top speed, Peregrine let Wrath go, an he detonated a bit of his anger directly below the aircraft's fuselage. An explosion similar to several thousand pounds of TNT erupted, destroying the Jet's engine and removing pretty much all of its maneuverability. Death had two choices, Bail, or go down with it. As Wrath fell back towards the ground, He was caught by Peregrine who proceeded to rocket him to Wheel of Fortune's plane where he repeated the process.

Wayhu looked at Tower with pity in his eyes. "Beleive me, human, I know what it feels like to be left alone." A blue glow began to gather in Wayhu's eyes and markings as he stretched his palms towards the bay. A tremor passed through the city, a mild earthquake from the nearby San Andreas. The shockwave rippled through the bay as Wayhu started to amp up his power. "Behold the power of my people, Tower."

The thing about submarines is that they aren't all that fast at speeding up, especially in a bay like San Diego's. The Water Level in the bay began to drop as Wayhu formed a tidal wave a short distance offshore. He didn't have to Lower the water level completely, just enough to force the ship to the surface to avoid scraping the bottom of the bay. Cypher watched from his new vantage point before calling to Peregrine and Wrath, "Wayhu has forced the sub to the surface, bring in Wrath and cripple their engines.

"On it, Sir." Peregrine called back as he carried a still enraged Wrath over to the bay. He was moving quickly to try and avoid Ten of Swords as he dropped Wrath on the exposed portion of the sub's hull as gently as he could.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:12 pm

The Rejects, San Diego, Storyteller

Behind him was a void where MIss Holiday had been, and in her place was a smoky figure. That could mean only one thing: Judgement had gotten her. Cursing their luck, he saw hundreds of smoky chains, with almost no gaps in their patchwork, rise up from the bottom of the bay and sink over the entire bay. He knew what Miss Holiday was doing, and while violent, it was just killing a Tarot. Judgement would be crushed and diced by the chains so much that he doubted even The Lovers could bring her back. He wasn't sure he liked this Miss Holiday, violent and strong, but he was used to the way she changed every day, sometimes more than once a day with all of the new holidays in the world piling up.

Then several spectral ships burst up too and began to fire smoky cannonballs into the water. Did Miss Holiday know where the ship was? It might makes sense, seeing as they were in some alternate dimension. Then the water level in the bay dropped several metres, revealing half of the submarine.

Before it could re-submerge, he acted quickly, quite unlike himself. He commanded the ice dragon to swoop down, and it breathed its breath all over the submarine and nearby sea. In less than a minute the immediate area was solidly frozen and in three minutes the entire bay was a winter wonderland. That should buy the Regents some time to get there. The Regents were always there.

The Rejects, San Diego, Glitter and Glow

The girls worked as one, Glow doing her part to clog the exhaust and ventilation pipes and Glitter making her way to where the Tarot was. They were a fine tuned machine, but then again, they were twins.

Glitter began to pour out of the air vents in the Tarot control room. Much of her had turned into slow moving clumps from the humidity in here, but there was enough of her to cause trouble. She moved as a wave and did what Glitter does best: annoy and distract.

She broke over their heads in a frenzy of attacks, wedging every particle she could into their eyes, down their throats, their ears, and they noses. Part of herself began to swirl like a weak sandpaper blaster and attacked a pair of three triplet girls by the controls. There was one woman who seemed smoky and who Glitter could touch, but she was writhing on the floor in pain, struggling against smoky nets and smoky cannonballs, so she didn't seem like she needed any more harassment. Much of her was beginning to lose power as their mucus, tears, and blood caused her to clot up, but she was relentless. She just had to provide a distraction while Miss Holiday did something. Miss Holiday always had a plan.
Last edited by Auphelia on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 pm

"Hardly." XVI: The Tower coughed. "You have mildly sociable company, at the very least. I have nothing but my own thoughts or a bunch of unrepentant psychotics who did all this for... Something." He shrugged as he glanced out over the bay.

The Tyrant, which had briefly vanished, was visible again, still moving but now at the surface. The Torus had gone down in a ball of flame and metal, torn apart by the unleashed barrage of missiles from the fighters. He still didn't know who'd been flying from the Tarot, but XIII: Death had likely been one of them, given the suddenness.

"I'll offer some advice though." He cracked a small smile. "Call it a piece of quid pro quo for providing some intelligent conversation to an old man who gets far too little of it. You'll want to cut your losses on this one. Take me, maybe XX: Judgement and VII: The Chariot too." He raised a hand. "Scratch that, you're not getting VII: The Chariot. Alive, at least. Dead, though? 95% odds, but there'll be losses, and that's out of your hands I'm afraid." He nodded towards the Rejects. "The others, well." He paused. "You're not going to get X: Wheel of Fortune. He's running too high. Or XIII: Death. He's too clever, too cunning, and too far from people for you to catch him, or he will be. VI: The Lovers will get out, she always manages somehow. Ten of Swords will..." He stopped and breathed out. "Ah, clever girl. "

"If you keep pushing, she'll kill everyone within approximately... Hmm." He paused. "I can't provide an accurate measurement, but I'm afraid it's quite a high body-count of civilians, even by our standards. As for us, well, total losses on all sides, bar XIII: Death and X: Wheel of Fortune, 50-50 odds on XX: Judgement and... I think it's Holiday, making it. Everyone else has no chance." He squinted. "Ah, no chance at all. That's what she's doing. She's far smarter than I gave her credit for, picking San Diego as the target. Believe me, don't believe me." He turned to face out to sea. "The fireworks will be... Quite spectacular, when she finally goes all out for once. A fitting send-off for the Tarot."

XIII: Death didn't even hesitate as he remained within the jet. He'd go down with it, but, well, it would be at a time and location of his choosing. Peregrine has proven he could catch them; he watched him repeat the process on X: Wheel of Fortune's own jet. He'd bring him along for the ride. Some company would be nice after all.

XIII: Death squinted as space compressed itself together in front of him and stretched out behind him; distorting space so much would probably do something like send him into a coma for a week, but, well, he had X: Wheel of Fortune's power's effects to ride off on, as uncontrolled as they were.

There was no real way to describe what happened when the pair of jets entered the bank of compressed space, turning into stretched space as it passed them by. Could he compress enough space to get them to a safe landing site? Almost certainly. Compressing space itself played hell on tracking anything in it, which was part of the reason the Tyrant had survived so long.

And as the pair of fighters screamed through the band of compressed space over the Pacific Ocean, momentum still carrying them, all XIII: Death could think of to say was 'so long, suckers.'
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Wayhu turned to look at Tower with glowing blue eyes. The Tidal wave began to reside as water flowed back into the bay. The alien slowly lowered his hands, and reached up to his earpiece. "Peregrine, grab Wrath, now."

"Wait, Why?" Peregrine questioned from his point in the sky. "Just do it."

"Wayhu, what are you doing?" Cypher yelled angrily over the comms. "Cypher, look at the costs." A few moments of silence passed, then a sigh came over the airwaves. "You're right. Regents, Stand down."

"What do you mean stand down?" Wrath yelled. "I have them right here!"

"Trust me, Wrath; this is one battle where we can be victorious, but one we can't win."

Wrath let his anger burn away, but kept some spare energy simmering near the surface. Peregrine dove in close before grabbing Wrath and evacuating him a good mile away. The flying superhuman returned and evacuated Cypher before coming back for Wayhu and Tower. Blur was at work evacuating as many as he could from the bay area, but It was tiring work. Cypher looked at Tower and immediately thought of putting a bullet in his head, but decided that the ramifications weren't worth the immediate satisfaction. "You won this one. In your final act as XVI: The Tower, Leader of the Tarot you beat me. Will you go with us peacefully to the Siege Perilous, or are you set on a final battle to the death?"

Giving him time to think, Cypher turned to Peregrine. "Go to the Rejects, try and get them to give up on their assault." The Irishman nodded and took off into the sky, flying close to the Storyteller. "You have to stop your attack! The Tarot get a pass, this time!"

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Giving him time to think, Cypher turned to Peregrine. "Go to the Rejects, try and get them to give up on their assault." The Irishman nodded and took off into the sky, flying close to the Storyteller. "You have to stop your attack! The Tarot get a pass, this time!"

The Rejects, San Diego, Storyteller

Storyteller looked up from the portal he was revising. If he changed a few details it would be reusable, in just a few more seconds. He looked up and saw Peregrine flying towards him.

"Fine, just give me a few moments to finish writing up this portal. But don't waste your time trying to save Miss Holiday or Glitter and Glow! Miss Holiday always just shows up the next day as a new holiday if she gets killed and Glitter and Glow can just call on the nearest glitter and glowing stuff to get themselves back in order. Just focus on getting yourselves out!"

A green portal appeared, smooth and swirling like a Milky Way galaxy. It shimmered with an ethereal light.

"This portal should last another few minutes if you want to get your guys out through here. It goes to New York."

Storyteller urged his earthen dragon forwards and it entered the portal, seemingly dissolving into the nether. The ice and flame dragons were close behind, having done what had been needed. The Rejects were out of San Diego.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:02 pm

XVI: The Tower stood, stretching his arms out above his head. "Allow me to correct a few assumptions of yours, and an old man some time to monologue while he is still coherent before I answer. Firstly, you did not lose. Neither did I win, or indeed the Tarot win. Had you continued to push-" He turned his head to face out over the bay, watching the Rejects leave. "Or had the Rejects continued, the bodycount would have been or will be counted in the millions. The United States would be in chaos. There would be even more dead in the aftermath, the power vacuum. You, your entire team and the Rejects, would all be dead to a man, not even your bodies left to bury. The global economy, why, that would have nosedived. And there are other teams out there, equally as dangerous as us, without you there to fight them, contain them; their own casualties would mount rapidly. In exchange for avoiding all that, you let six of the planet's most wanted escape." He stopped. "Or five. One may yet die. A fair trade, and not one you can call a defeat by any means."

"The Tarot said this would be their final march, but they lacked the determination to see it through to the end. Had they been made of sterner stuff, why, we would not be standing here." He a smirk formed and he shook his head. "A bunch of idiots, playing at grandeur. Not a true leader among them."

His eyes narrowed. "Finally, I unfortunately cannot in good conscience allow myself to be taken alive. A good card allows themselves to be discarded at the appointed time, and the Tarot would merely attempt to break me out. A matter of honour that I would not wish to impose on them or yourselves."

He dropped into a fighting stance, but otherwise remained where he was. "You have been a worthy adversary for these years, Cypher, even if I have been forced to delegate much to VII: The Chariot as my condition worsened. Besides," He grinned. "Did I not say to you at the very start of all this that I did not expect to survive the next nine minutes?"

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 pm

"We have different ideas of success, XVI: The Tower," Cypher said with a grim tone in his voice. He reached up and grabbed a knob on the back of his head that tightened the straps holding his mask in place. Cypher rotated the knob like a combination lock, and the straps loosened. Slowly, Cypher lowered the mask to reveal a perfectly ordinary face; no distinguishing marks or features. He would have gone perfectly unnoticed in a crowd. "You made me choose between killing a few people in the grand scheme of things in order to apprehend some of the most wanted fugitives on earth, or letting them go on to possibly kill even more later on. I don't fight for pride or reputation; that's why I wear this mask. Whoever I am beside Cypher doesn't matter."

Turning to face Tower, the irises of Cypher's eyes began to glow a warm amber. "I fight because, according to all my knowledge and brainpower, its the best thing to do, and today I couldn't stop the Tarot. That is my failure."

Cypher drew his guns and ejected the clips before tossing them to the side. Finally, he unclipped his belt of throwing disks. "You get your wish." Cypher matched Tower's stance and waited for him to make the next move...

A strange presence was watching the entire event unfold. First through a random woman on the street, then through a bird flying overhead, and finally through the eyes of fish in the bay. "The Tarot could be just what I'm looking for..."

A man in a suit suddenly appeared on the bridge of the Tyrant. He seemed unaffected by the glitter storm but looked around quizzically. "Are you seriously being beaten by living party supplies? Quaint." Glitter and Glow suddenly felt a presence invade their consciousness, despite their unique forms. It forced its way into their minds, drowning out their inner voices with a cacophonous chorus of mental shouting. Their bodies were rent from their control, and the next thing they knew, they were floating on the surface of the ocean.

Onboard the Tyrant, it appeared as if the glitter was suddenly sucked out of the air vents by some unseen force. The man in the suit then turned to Judgement and Holiday. A similar presence broke through the Hallway of Judgment and invaded their minds. The suited man appeared before Judgement, who understandably looked surprised. "I am sorry for the intrusion, but I can't allow you to continue. I need you in one piece." Judgment's bodily control was removed from her, and the Hall was terminated, allowing Holiday to go free, but only for a second. The presence then invaded the superhuman's mind, and the chains vanished. When Miss holiday came to, she was laying on a pier in the San Diego bay, unharmed, but having no idea where the Tyrant disappeared to.

"Now then." The mysterious man said, reappearing on the submarine's bridge. "I have helped you escape, free of charge I might add, and all I want in return is your services. I'll even help you find your two missing compatriots."

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm

"Heh. I forget that your side fights for reasons of morality. I fight because it gives me meaning, and, well..." XVI: The Tower slid one foot further backwards, crouching down.

"Partially just because I just enjoy doing it!" XVI: The Tower burst into a forward charge, aimed straight at Cypher. He hadn't bothered using his power; he knew there was oh so very little chance of leaving this fight alive, but that was what he craved; one final chance at release from this cycle of wake-fight-sleep-repeat.

"Hardly our fault we're mostly strategic in terms of our powers here rather than actual fighters." VII: The Chariot snorted. "There's a reason we're all hiding here inside the invincible submarine and not out there."

He could see that the Tyrant was once again mobile; depth gauge falling, speed increasing, cameras showed that XX: Judgement was back to normal, although somewhat the worse for wear with VI: The Lovers having her hands pressed to her waist as she did her best to patch up the damage. VI: The Lovers telepathic body was passed out, while Ten of Swords simply remained silent, watching the suited figure with interest while the final figure of VI: The Lovers remained firmly focused on looking forwards at the bridge's viewscreens, hands pressed to the floor.

"I have one requirement." Ten of Swords spoke up. "The Tarot is not simply hired for our services. However-" She glanced up at VII: The Chariot. He shrugged.

"Sod that, I don't want to lead us."

"Very well." Ten of Swords continued. "However, as our dear leader has been left behind, I shall allow a break with tradition, and allow you to take a place on The Tarot from where you would be our leader, the sole requirement being that you take the name of a Tarot card as your own. If, for whatever reason you decline that, then I offer the alternative that you would be The Dealer and the Tarot would remain as it is. Leader of it, but not part of it. We... Do find ourselves in need of a new purpose, after all, and I for one am curious as to why you would contact a rather depleted band such as ourselves for whatever it might be."
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Cypher's face went slack as he met XVI: The Tower's charge with an uppercut. Now it was his turn to go on the offensive. Striding forward, he let out a straight arm punch.

The Man in the suit chuckled and touched his hand to his chin. "Lead the Tarot..." he mused before his form flickered and he momentarily took the appearance of XXI: The World. "No, I can't be the World..." His form flickered back to what it was previously. "Let's see if we can find something that fits..."

With a wave of the man's hand, the Submarine vanished and they stood on some invisible floor, the Earth thousands of miles below them, and the black sky of space surrounding them. Around them lay large representations of the 78-card Tarot Deck. A little way in front of the crew of the Tyrant stood the Man on top of a human-sized I: the Magician. "Let's see. The Minor Arcana doesn't suit me, so let's get rid of those..." Most of the cars flew off into oblivion, and the remaining 22 tightened their circle around the group.

One by one, the Cards rotated under the man, and his appearance altered slightly for each. The number and name appeared for the cards as they passed under him until he settled on one card. "Ah. IV: The Emperor. I think that sums up my desires nicely; Unyielding power, the absolute ruler of the world. But no, I am afraid I can't." Suddenly, they were all back on their places onboard the Tyrant. "You may call me the Dealer, or IV: The Emperor, but I am The Master-mind. I don't want to borrow you, per se, but there are somethings that I can't do. The Mind needs a body, and I want The Tarot to be one of my hands. I had to wait for you to be free of XVI: The Tower before I could come here. I don't want to simply hire you, I want you to be a part of the re-forming of the world. I will send you little jobs from time to time. Break into secure facility A, kill person B, eliminate Cypher. That sort of thing." Mastermind smiled and looked at the Tarot. "Are you interested? I won't force you to make a decision now. Talk it over amongst yourselves, and send a representative to say... the cafe on Trafalgar Square. No time limit, I'll be waiting. Oh, I almost forgot. Your friends are about, here..." A location manifested itself in Chariot's mind.

"So long for now..." Mastermind said as he vanished.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 am

XVI: The Tower did not bother dodging; there was no point. He needed to end the fight quickly; the longer the fight lasted, the more likely he was to either perish in the fight or his mind would relapse back into its catatonic state; either way, the fight would be over, but he would much prefer that it would be over quickly, and on terms agreeable to him.

Instead, he turned his body, letting the uppercut slam into his ribs as he let momentum carry him into Cypher's straight punch; that met his face, and he winced in pain as he felt bone, flesh and teeth be forcibly rearranged under the impact, but that didn't matter. He didn't have to care what state he was in at the end, and not having to preserve oneself in a fight truly allowed one to go all out. With Cypher now within his reach, his right arm lashed around like a whip, aiming to strike with the side of the hand straight at Cypher's neck.

"I dislike him already." Ten of Swords commented as the newly-declared 'Dealer' left the room. "Any man who claims IV: The Emperor is sure to cause us greater issues than they solve." No one in the room had missed the hard glare that had formed on her face as The Dealer had taken the shape of XXI: The World. VII: The Chariot had barely concealed his own disdain for someone, anyone, assuming that mantle.

"Heh. You remember the last one, do you?" VII: The Chariot looked down at the Tyrant's controls, adjusting them ever so slightly. The coordinates that had suddenly... appeared in his mind were not too far off their originally-planned route, no doubt X: Wheel of Fortune's power at work there.

"Barely. I remember he was the first of the Major Arcana to die."

"Even by our standards, IV: The Emperor was a truly despicable man." VI: The Lovers commented. "XIII: Death will not be best pleased to hear our new leader claims that title as his own, given how he shot him in the back despite all reports to the contrary. One does not simply take a bullet to each lung, the heart, the brain, the throat and the spine under normal circumstances, not when there's no one else in a hundred miles capable of achieving such a feat."

"I'll leave you to break the news then." Ten of Swords answered. "And-"

"To make contact in London, yes. Of course I'll have to do it." VI: The Lovers interrupted. "There is no one else here that is as disposable as one of my bodies, and biokinesis should grant me a passable enough disguise so I can avoid all the... Unpleasant from the mongrels panicking over a member of us in their midst."

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Auphelia wrote:The Rejects: New York City, USA

Proletariat combed through the rubble, hundreds of his clones, both giant and regular, helping the hundreds of injured escape. This temple to capitalism had been asking for it, and these elitist pigs deserved what they got. But their assistants didn't, nor did the maintenance workers. They were simply poor workers, caught in the crushing wheels of class inequality, forced to bow down to their masters. Proletariat wished he could go back to the old day and the just USSR. That had been a grand state, peaceful and strong. For a few years a man named Stalin had tried to rule, but The State had dealt with him. Oh, my love. He still missed her every day, the way she smiled like it was for the first time, the bright tinkling of her laughter, the gentle tapping of her fingers when she was nervous, the slow beeping of her heart monitor as she slowly died.

Never mind that, he had work to do. One of his clones passed a stock broker with a broken arm and leg trying to wriggle out from a cracked ticker board.

"Help me . . . please! Help!" This man, no, this pig dared to ask for his help. Ha! He had probably never uttered the word please in his life before now!

The clone walked over and crouched by the man. "Oh, how the mighty have fallen. You, sitting in your ivory tower, now dare as the Proletariat for help? Nyet. You shall die like the pig you are." The clone stood up and shouldered its hammer. "But I shall not be the one to kill you, your altar to the gods of capitalism shall. I will simply make you suffer more." With a mighty heave the clone swung the hammer in an arc, and smashed the man's right hand into bloody pulp. When he pulled away there was nothing recognisable left of the hand but a bloody pulp that clung to the hammer. Wordlessly, the clone walked away, bolstered by the panicked squeals of the bourgeois b*****d. It was a shame he couldn't watch the man die.

He had more work to do.

Enter Ether: New York, New York, U.S.A.
A glimmer of aura streaks across the skies of New York City. Ether has heard the call for trouble, and it only takes him a moment to see what's going on. Superhuman, communist, and has cloning powers. He isn't quite sure what's going on, but what stands out to him is the bloodied pulp that was a stock broker, and a clone of the red man with a bloody hammer, and at that moment, he had made up his mind on what was happening.

"Step aside, red!"

Ether flies into the rubble, straight where the clone was that killed the trader.

Uhh, we still doin this?
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:Uhh, we still doin this?

Fine. I suppose.

SC #307

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:Uhh, we still doin this?

Fine. I suppose.

I changed it up a bit due to your remark on the OOC thread
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:Enter Ether: New York, New York, U.S.A.
A glimmer of aura streaks across the skies of New York City. Ether has heard the call for trouble, and it only takes him a moment to see what's going on. Superhuman, communist, and has cloning powers. He isn't quite sure what's going on, but what stands out to him is the bloodied pulp that was a stock broker, and a clone of the red man with a bloody hammer, and at that moment, he had made up his mind on what was happening.

"FILFTHY RED!"

Ether flies into the rubble, straight where the clone was that killed the trader.

Proletariat, New York City

The clone whirled around, as did all of the other unoccupied ones, over 100 in all. As one, they spoke.

BACK OFF! UNLESS YOU HAVE COME TO HELP THESE PEOPLE, DO NOT INTERFERE! I COME HERE ON AUTHORITY OF THE REJECTS!

The clones, unconcerned with this hero who seemed unnecessarily angry, turned back to clearing the rubble and saving the lower classes from the horror. A few had commandeered a flipped fire truck and were working to put out a few flames that had popped up from cut power lines.

SC #307

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 pm

The Sol System, Orro

Orro dropped his ship from FTL as he entered the system of his search. "Third planet from the sun. Healthy star." He remarked as he passed it and towards the tiny blue dot on his horizon. "Hm. A bit more advanced than the previous species. Already attempting to leave their world for others." He noted as his computer noted the incredible amount of space junk in Earth's orbit. "Gravity is a bit higher, but that doesn't appear to have stopped them. A stubborn species most likely." As he was talking to himself, his computer noted that Earth was extremely interconnected via a complex network that extended over most the planet. It took a moment for the computer to translate everything and download the most commonly spoken languages into his mind. A process that wasn't exactly fun, but it helped things significantly. Thankfully his ship's computer had little issue connecting to it. This would make it significantly easier to send his message to the planet.

Once his ship was connected to the human's "internet" his started his message. "Greetings Earthlings. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Orro of The Dra'Qunni Empire. Do not be alarmed, this is not an invasion. I am here alone. If all goes as I expect, I will be gone in several of your hours. I wish to test your best warriors. You have the technology required to return this message. If you wish for me to test your might. Simply reply and I will arrive to your as soon as I can." A short and simple message. Maybe he should have checked to see if the humans had any contact with life beyond their home. It wasn't like they were trying to hide their information given how vast their network was.

He did see that the planet clearly had powerful beings residing on it if their internet was to be believed. He wondered which, if any of them would accept his challenge.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:10 am

Jessica Moore/Miss Liberty

Higher Japan wrote:Tokyo

"My my Victoria, you've gotten good, but can you resist this!" Using one hand, 9 separate chains began to fly towards Vicenta's body, daggers attached tipped with iron as she quickly raised up another hand, blue flames quickly burning them away. She had only seen them on one person before in her entire career of fighting in the other world, and if Hyrania had them, she was most likely dead and merely part of the mass of soul energy Hyrania had within her. The rings would soon overlap, shocking both parties as the ground shook at the fusion of the 2 forms of energy, resulting in a purple amalgamation of archaic text and cryptic writing. The rings began to slowly overlap more and more.

Having no choice, Victoria lifted her hand up as a ball of blinding light gathered on it, before she smashed it into the ground, the writing now glowing while the purple section was dispelled. "You may be an angel, but no one can surpass a Demon Monarch!" With one final push, Victoria felt her chest tightening as she fell down, the ring growing weaker while Hyrania's ring began to enter hers, contaminating the white. "By the will of the contract and to the utmost power-" "Both parties shall harmonize each other's energy on a mutual agreement!" They both shouted, pushing the both of them back as Victoria landed in ruble while Hyrania simply landed with help of her wings.

"You haven't forgotten..." Victoria said, lifting her scythe up as she channeled more energy into it, growing far larger in size as Hyrania simply laughed. "Of course, the contract. It may have saved you now, but can it save you from this!" Throwing her marionette strings onto another one of the 'super humans' as the bodies of others fell around him, the body soon growing massive in size as it was no longer a soul manipulation side effect, it was a full on mutation. "Now then, I'll be taking what's rightfully mine." In the midst of Victoria's shock and confusion, she suddenly appeared once again at Hyrania's side, in a prism as she struggled to get out before chains held her down and after a quick shock, knocked her out. "There's still much to be done..."

Lifting off slightly, she began to survey the area before she found the next best target. The National Diet building as she took off towards it, converting more in her wake with the prism at her side.

It did not take very long to knock out a sizable portion of the infected in my immediate area, but as far as doing the same for the city? That was a different task entirely especially as this woman can just infect more people at will. With that being said my eyes were drawn to their battle as I floated up slowly in the air to see the brilliant clash of magical colors and auras. Had an entire city and a million and more lives been on the line then I would have possibly enjoyed the show. But a million and more lives were on the line.

From the banter that was traded back and forth accompanying magical strikes, it was quite clear that these two did share a history together. It also became quite clear that she was losing this battle and I was seeing less and less of a grand plan or strategy to win this fight.

Just as I was about to intervene the one calling herself a Demon Monarch mutated one of the unlucky bystanders to levels far beyond what she had been doing previously. To where he was a mutant giant of a man. Capturing Victoria in some sort of magical Prism and then turning her attention to the Diet.

I had no time to waste.
"Cypher, Tokyo, and I need help!" I announced over long distance comms as I began to hurtle over and past the giant as I targeted the source of the chaos herself.

"Target possesses magical ability and can seemingly control, enhance and mutate civilians on a whim!" I trusted that short briefing would be enough to get his attention and hopefully he could make it in time to contain the situation and keep it from escalating further.

Because as I slammed a powerful punch combined with the momentum of my own flight speed into this Monarch unknowing of the effectiveness if any at all it would have.

I would not have to save this city, and her...by myself.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 am

Miss Holiday, Sand Diego

Her feet rested on the deck, the rough boards hewn hundreds of years ago in the rush to enslave her people. Rage filled her. That man, or whatever he was, had invaded her mind. She could tell that he struggled to enter the twisted web of insanity, but the weakness of her current day was that her thoughts were too orderly, militant even, to put up their normal level of resistance. But now she would have her revenge. He was obviously a white man, trying to make her be submissive to his agenda to oppress her people. This could not stand.

Her fleet of ten slave ships, each outfitted with cannons, pulled up to the shoreline as far as they could go and turned their port sides towards the large crowd caught in fascination at the spectacle. She let the rage fill her and made it emanate out, targeting all who felt oppressed.

MY PEOPLE! BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I BRING YOU GOOD NEWS: THE END OF OUR SUBJUGATION IS NIGH! ATTACK AS ONE, AND SHOW THE WHITE MAN WHAT WE ARE MADE OF! I SAY, [size=200]ATTACK!"[/size]

Suddenly, as if a jolt had hit the crowd, a riot was started. All of the women, minorities, and simply frustrated people became a swarm of anger, attacking the nearest white people and men. She could feel as it began to spread throughout the entire city, a riot that fed off of anger and desperation, fear and hopelessness. She drew on the memories and past of these ships, fuelling the rioters. She would show the white man: no chains would hold her. Her life was her own to live.

Stoically, she watched as her revolution began.

SC #307

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Knights of Japan

The city was in chaos, murder and destruction and insanity all around, lights flashing, demons flying, and scythes slashing. A young woman, one who held the powers of Uncle Sam within her spirit, was calling for help, believing she was the only one left to combat this threat. The National Diet Building was only next on the already high death-toll. Something needed to change before the carnage only grew.

And that change was the Knights of Japan.

Two young men in full costume hid in a nearby side street, waiting for the opportunity to strike. Hinata Yamamoto, age 24, and Riku Nakamura, age 23. Codenamed Raijin and Amaterasu, after the legendary Shinto gods of Japan, and their powers were considered by many to be godly as well. But now, the two were going toe to toe with another being of godly stature, Hyrania, the current demon terrorist tearing apart Tokyo, and it would be no meager feat.

"Riku, stay put for now. You know the signal to attack, use the black light. The other three are coming soon. Now let's break that bitch down, figuratively and literally!"

"W-what?"

"Never mind....let's just do our job."

With a mighty leap and roar, Raijin leapt out of the side street and barreled onto the main street, throwing up a large electric construct in the shape of a wall in front of the demon lord. However, the same young woman from before decided to punch right as Raijin created the wall, causing both to run dead-smack into it. The girl seemed hardy enough though, she'd be alright.

"YOU FIEND!" he shouted. "YOUR REIGN OF TERROR ENDS HERE, DEMON!"
yea bro idk

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:51 pm

The Seige Perilous- Shortly after the Riots of San Diego

"Wakie Wakie ladies and gentlemen. The Rejects are at it again in San Diego, and we have been assigned the bombing in NY." The rest of the ASET team looked up from whatever they were doing as Hollands entered their common room with two folders in his hand.

"How are we splitting up, Grey." Andrews (aka. Echo) asked from his seat in front of a television.

"Team A, with the exception of Agent Flynn, will accompany me to New York While Team B will escort Mrs. Flynn to San Diego and attempt to calm the riot and take any captured Tarot members into custody. Now move out. Smith, Can you teleport all of you?"

"Sure, just give me a bit to power up." The red-haired main said from his seat in the corner. The lights temporarily dimmed as Shard pulled power from the facilities power grid.

"The rest of team A with me," Hollands said. Grey, Red, and Decay made their way to a landing strip where a small plane was waiting to take them to New York while the other Four members of ASET vanished in a swirl of energy only to reappear in San Diego.

A.S.E.T. Team B- San Diego

Shard suddenly appeared in the middle of the street surrounded by Echo, Chitin, and Silvertounge. Around them, the rioters were breaking windows, tipping cars, and doing other things that Rioters did. "You set us down a little close don't you think, Shard?" Ortiz asked as boney plates began to grow through his skin.

Shard smirked and buttoned his suit jacket. "I don't know that many places in San Diego. I figured if we were close it would give us a better idea of the situation. And watch the spikes, Chitin. We wouldn't want a civilian getting injured."

Ortiz remained silent, but the arrangement of his growths changed to look more like plate mail. Shard absent-mindedly used his power to flip a car back on all four wheels. Silvertounge looked around at the chaos and an idea formed in her mind. "I might be able to calm them down if we can find some way to amplify my voice."

Echo looked around. "I don't know how we are find something like that; San Diego doesn't exactly have a city-wide PA system." An angry citizen with a piece of pipe charged at the group but Echo just activated his powers and flowed out of the way. Shard reached out and teleported the rioter a little way down the street. "It's hard to save people when they want to hurt you." Chitin had finished growing his armor and waded into a crowd, trying to calm the Rioters down. This just seemed to make them angrier. They started beating on the armored man, but it had little effect.

"I have an idea," Shard said as he vanished only to reappear a second later holding a megaphone. "I borrowed this from the local police precinct." Agent Flynn looked doubtful. "I'm not sure this will work. This won't reach the entire city."

"Shard might be onto something. It might take a while, but the riot hasn't spread that far. If you two can zip around the city..." Echo began. Flynn started nodding her head, "Okay, let's give it a try." She put the microphone up to her mouth and let her power loose. "Listen to me, people of San Diego. Listen to me; listen to the sound of my voice." Around her, the rioters that could hear her began to stop what they were doing and looked at the woman with the microphone. "You are not being yourselves. Clear your minds, and calm yourselves. Go back to what you were doing before these violent urges consumed you." The rioters around them suddenly looked confused as to why they were standing on the street."

"Congratulations, Shard. Your idea worked." Flynn laughed as Shard tipped his head in recognition. "I think we are on damage control today. Shall we move on to the next herd of rioters?"

"Definitely. Jesse and Christian, you should go meet with the regents and see if they have anyone for us to take back to the Perilous." The out of focus man and armored Giant nodded as they ran off to meet with the Regents. Meanwhile, Shard and Silvertounge teleported around the area affected by Mis Holiday and systematically calmed the crowds. After they were all calmed, Shard and Flynn turned their attention to the root of the problem.

A swirl of red and black energy announced the duo's arrival next to Miss Holiday. "Ms. Holly Day?" Shard asked while pulling a piece of paper from his suit. "I am Agent John Smith with Argus, and this is my associate, Agent Flynn."

"We are here to issue an official warning for misuse of power on behalf of Argus." Silvertounge finished.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:04 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
A swirl of red and black energy announced the duo's arrival next to Miss Holiday. "Ms. Holly Day?" Shard asked while pulling a piece of paper from his suit. "I am Agent John Smith with Argus, and this is my associate, Agent Flynn."

"We are here to issue an official warning for misuse of power on behalf of Argus." Silvertounge finished.

"First you once again subdue the coloured men and women of this city, and then you have the gall to give ME the warning!?"

Miss Holiday was angry. More than angry. This injustice could not stand. The anger and resentment of the slave ships she had summoned had to be released, the souls had to be put to rest.

Suddenly chains, dozens of them that had been used to restrain her brothers and sisters in the days of old and whose metaphorical value was still being used to oppress her people, erupted from the deck, wrapping around these two Argus Agents. They pulled tightly against the duo, keeping them separate. For added precaution she pulled several chains taught across the mouth of the one who had subdued her crowds and pulled chains against the eyes of the other one, the man.

"Your oppression will not stand. If this city will not be made equal, then it shall burn."

Dozens more of the spectral slave ships, as well as any ships that had ever been used to carry slaves, erupted from the water behind her and took to the skies, sailing on the air. Crews of ghostly slaves shimmered into existence also, manning the ships.

When they were high above the city Miss Holiday turned back to the two Agents.

"Now watch as your reign of injustice ends."

Suddenly dozens of ships with cannons began to bank hard to the right, swirling around the city and firing cannonballs onto it. She would not rest until this city burned. No longer would her people be slaves; they would be free!

SC #307

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:38 pm

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:38 pm

"You have got to be kidding me," Shard muttered. "Let me go and you won't die."

Shard was either ignored or not heard by Miss Holiday, and he really didn't like being tied up, especially by a self-proclaimed "hero" who was so easily swayed to acts of destruction and endangerment of civilians. He teleported out of the little cocoon of chains and turned his sights on the leader of the Rejects. More chains came from somewhere, but they suddenly veered off course due to Shard's telekinesis. He stretched his hand back to Agent Flynn who was teleported several blocks away. Shard smoothed his suit and spoke in a threatening voice. "Congratulations, you are now under arrest for abuse of power under article II of the Petersburg Accords."

With a flick of Shard's hands, Miss Holiday was thrown against a wall with force to crack the bricks it was made of. There she was pinned, it felt like an elephant was sitting on her chest. "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." Shard said snidely as he looked at the airborne slave ships. He extended a hand towards them and grabbed one of the flying cannonballs with his powers, guiding it down towards the pinned Miss holiday, accelerating it as it went. The lead projectile impacted the wall where Miss Holiday was pinned...

The Scene was macabre, but hopefully, it would end her influence on the people in the city, and the ships in the sky. Shard pulled out his phone and called Argus. "Miss Holiday has been contained under article II, Clause 9, special condition 3 of the Petersburg Accords. Subject abused powers and endangered civilians. The Subject has reanimation abilities and was impermanently killed."

"Noted, Agent Smith. An Argus team is underway to take the body into custody until her arraignment." Shard hung up the phone and marked Miss Holiday's location before teleporting to meet up with the rest of his team.

Team A- NYC: New York Stock Exchange

"This is a right mess, isn't it?" Edwin Hollands (Aka. Grey) said as he surveyed the carnage of the stock exchange that was still swarming with Proletariats. "It really is," Red said as she looked at all the millions of threads that blanketed the air. "There are just so many people that come through here every day..."

Ledoux kept quiet and eyed the clones with suspicion.

"Yes, well let's get to work." Hollands walked up to one of the clones and pulled out his badge. It looked like the seal of the UN with an open eye instead of a map of the globe. "I am Agent Hollands with A.S.E.T. Can I talk to your progenitor?" He asked the nearest clone, hoping to find the original Proletariat.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Team A- NYC: New York Stock Exchange

"This is a right mess, isn't it?" Edwin Hollands (Aka. Grey) said as he surveyed the carnage of the stock exchange that was still swarming with Proletariats. "It really is," Red said as she looked at all the millions of threads that blanketed the air. "There are just so many people that come through here every day..."

Ledoux kept quiet and eyed the clones with suspicion.

"Yes, well let's get to work." Hollands walked up to one of the clones and pulled out his badge. It looked like the seal of the UN with an open eye instead of a map of the globe. "I am Agent Hollands with A.S.E.T. Can I talk to your progenitor?" He asked the nearest clone, hoping to find the original Proletariat.

The clone looked up from clearing a section of crashed television monitors to look at one of the Agents.

"I will suffice to speak to. We are all the same, equal. What have you to say?"

A second clone walked up with bottles of water.

"Can I offer you any refreshments? We don't have much to spare."

The second clone talked in unison with the first, placed the bottles in the Agents' hands, and walked away to continue working. Dozens of people stood by on stretchers as first responders, only a few for now, took them to be treated. Proletariat was the only one on the scene, as it was still dangerous but he was expendable.

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:10 pm

A.S.E.T. Team A

"No thank you," Hollands said while handing the water bottle to a passerby. "How many are still trapped in the rubble? We need to clear the scene and begin our investigation as quickly as possible in order to determine who perpetrated the attack. Ledoux, go see if you can help clear the larger pieces of rubble."

"Alright." Decay said as he waded through the crowd and began to carefully turn some loose pieces of rubble to dust.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse