NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Forged in Fire [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Are We Heroes: Forged in Fire [IC]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Click for OOC
Forged in Fire

re·gent
/ˈrējənt/

noun
  1. a person appointed to administer a country because the monarch is a minor or is absent or incapacitated.

"...The past decade has only strengthened the trending increase of superhuman infractions. If we required all active superheroes, as defined by the Petersburg Accords, to operate as a unified unit under Argus we could more effectively combat forces such as the Tarot and the Immortals. Forty-four superhumans registered as "civilians" have been arrested so far this year for using their power in an illegal manner. One person was killed, and almost twenty were severely injured by these violations. Argus has been lenient in allowing Superhumans to live ordinary lives, but they have required us to operate under a different justice system. An enraged type B mutant can hardly be trusted to show up in court and be sent to prison without getting the urge to bend the bars and walk out..."

The Argus representative continued to explain that Argus didn't have enough of their own superhumans to enforce "super" law. Cypher sat with his face hidden behind his ever-present mask and his arms crossed. He had elected to wear a suit instead of his combat gear, and his guns were understandably taken at the door. Wayhu was likewise clad in a suit, with was a bit strange given his blue skin and mountainous size. Not wanted Wrath present, Cypher had dispatched the other Regents to help Argus with the hostile Extraterrestrial in Colorado.

Under his mask, the gentle glow of his eyes illuminated Cypher's face. He had recalled to memory the different incident reports the Rep had mentioned and quickly scanned the pages. He was listening carefully to every word the Woman said, but he was doing so much more. He was analyzing the waveform of her voice, noticing her micro-expressions, and watching the reactions of the Security Council members. This was a battle like any other, except it was won with words and not bullets. Well, it could be won with bullets, but it would take more rounds and do more net bad if that plan was acted upon.

"Thank you, Mrs. Mullen. The Security Council would now like to allow Cypher, the leader of the Regents, a chance to argue against the proposed legislation."

A mixture of applause and animosity erupted from those present. Some saw him as a hero, other's as dangerous and a near-anarchist. In Cypher's personal opinion, both were inaccurate descriptions. "Thank you, for giving me a chance to inform you of the mistake passing this legislation would be." The Argus Rep's jaw tightened almost unnoticeably at Cypher's words. Slightly encouraged, Cypher continued.

"It is true that the number of incursions against the Petersburg Accords has been inconsistently increasing over the past 11 years, but it is pertinent to remember that it has only been twenty-four years since they were enacted. The level of activity made illegal by the Accords was astronomically higher than it is currently. For example, in 1970, there were 79 "non-villain" superhumans charged for abusing their abilities. Furthermore, the death Mrs. Mullen mentioned was caused by a weapon discharged by an Argus agent when he tried to fire upon Mr. Gregory Brehm, who has powers of intangibility. I concede that there does need to be a change in the current way justice is applied to those with superhuman abilities, but placing all active superhumans under Argus control will only result in an increase in incompetency. I have submitted an alternate version of the bill for the Security Council to review. In essence, it authorizes sanctioned teams, such as the Regents, to take the role of Argus in capturing meta and superhumans when they use their powers in an illegal matter. Currently, "heroes" are only allowed to intervene when asked by Argus, or when the threat is being caused by "Villains". I hope you carefully review my full report, thank you."

As Cypher walked away from the podium, he nodded at Wayhu who rose from his seat and followed him out. "I thought you had planned a 22-minute monologue?"

"I did, but something's come up," Cypher replied as they walked through the hallways of the UN building.

"I don't suppose you plan to share?"

"Not yet. I still can't quite articulate what's wrong, but something was off." Wayhu could tell that Cypher knew exactly what he noticed, and what it meant, but he wanted to be sure before voicing his concern.

"Where are we going?"

"For now, let's just meet up with the rest of the team." Cypher turned down a hallway that would lead them to an Osprey-like vehicle that had brought them there. As he approached the aircraft, Cypher noticed a reflection coming from a nearby rooftop. From Cypher's perspective, Time slowed to a standstill as he ran the probability it was what his instincts feared it was.

"Sniper!"

Without his pistol to intercept the bullet, Cypher dove to cover as Wayhu lept forward. The shot rang out but harmlessly impacted Wayhu's hide. "What's the plan, Cypher?"

We can't catch him; by the time we get airborne and over to his position, there are over a thousand different routes he could have taken." Cypher looked over to the crumpled bullet and picked it up. "I'll see if I can get something from this. Whoever wants me dead knew I was going to be here, and that I'd be unarmed."

"I don't think they anticipated my presence, though," Wayhu added as the climbed into the aircraft.

"We're three minutes out," Peregrine called from the cockpit of the Torus. "Alright, everyone get ready! We're down one heavy hitter, so let Wrath and Miss Liberty have room to operate!" Animus shouted to the rest of the Regents. In his absence, Cypher had placed Animus in charge. Ntier checked the nozzles of his suit and Animus performed some last minute equipment checks as Wrath stretched. "Ever dealt with an E.T. other than Wayhu?" Animus asked Miss Liberty. "They can be tricky, so be careful. Let Wrath go in first, then move in after he starts to get his ass kicked."

"Thanks, Clayton." Wrath muttered. A faint red glow was starting to gather around his hands: it was normal procedure to poke fun at Wrath to help him start to build up his power.

"We're touching down behindArgus' perimeter. The hostile is half a mile North East of our position." The dropship landed with a gentle thunk and the rear cargo ramp lowered to the ground.

An Argus agent in combat gear rapidly approached but stopped at the bottom of the ramp. "Thanks for coming so fast. We've been completely ineffective in stopping its advance. It's destroyed multiple armored vehicles and killed more than a dozen of my men. We have no idea what it's made of, but it's not steel or titanium."

"The mission report stated that it's using axes?" Animus asked as the team walked towards the edge of the perimeter.

"That right, two of them. It has some sort of superheated material along the cutting edge, the things slice right through metal and people. But that's not all you have to worry about; it can create some sort of high-energy blast. It can be deadly to humans: fries their nervous system, and it knocks tanks around like they're made of paper."

"Liberty, fly overhead and get us a visual, the rest of you on me." Animus ordered as he took off at a quick pace towards the silver enemy.

"Good luck."
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Jessica Moore/Miss Liberty

It is strange going into the fight without Wahyu or Cypher. I know that Cypher is attending an important meeting for the future of Super hero registration and part of me wished I was there. I could honestly understand why the Government would need to more closely monitor us, but it was an opinion that I had yet to bring up to Cypher. Sure we had training simulations back in Chicago for going in without him but it still felt off to me. But I just shook it off as jitters from my first mission. What felt even stranger was the fact that I was actually riding inside the transport rather than flying outside of it like Peregrine. Animus said it would help build teamwork, but it just felt so slow. My eyes passed over the rest of the team that was with me in the transport, which just consisted of Animus, Niter and Wrath. Animus was the appointed team leader for this mission, with both Wrath and Niter flanking him. Wrath was well...being Wrath, flexing and stretching before the fight. And overall just kinda brooding. Animus was checking equipment as he asked me if I have ever dealt with an ET before. I looked up at him from my sitting position.

"You know that I haven't Animus." I preferred using our code names, it sounds more heroic.

I then let loose a small burst of laughter as Animus poked fun at Wrath. I quickly stifled it though, as I knew why Animus was making the comment to begin with. And it was not for my amusement. I observed passively as I watched the red aura glow around Wrath's hands. And I knew that should he get angry enough, those punches could even hurt me. The bruise I got from last weeks training exorcise would prove that. I considered adding a snark comment of my own, but decided against it.

It did not take much longer before we landed. And I shielded my eyes as I stepped off of the plane and into the bright Arizona sun. Argus soldiers stared a little bit, and I knew it must have been a bizarre sight. Honestly the Regents do not too much resemble a hero team from some comic book story, well with the exception of my own appearance of course. All of the other members wear outfits that are dark in color and tone and could be mistaken for military wear. While I was clad in reds, whites and blues with a flowing cape and stars across my neck line.

I was only half listening as Animus received the report from the Argus soldier. Meanwhile I gazed around at all of the Argus equipment and soldiers and caught one who was staring at us and me in particular. Smiling at him I gave a friendly wave as Animus' voice snapped me back to reality.

"Liberty, fly overhead and get us a visual, the rest of you on me."

Turning to face him with a look of relief on my face I was anxious to get into action and finally get moving.

"Thank you, you won't have to tell me twice." I promised him as I surged into the air with enough force to kick up a storm of dust and sand around me enveloping the rest of the team by accident. But by the time I noticed, I was already well into the sky above the hostile ET and well within visual range, but just far enough that I was out of his attack range....by my estimate.

"Animus, the alien is roughly a quarter of a kilometer ahead of you. He's currently engaging ARGUS soldiers, you wont make it in time to help them. I am going in."I informed him through the comms device that each of us wore in our ears. I know that I am disobeying his orders but I am faster than the others and I cannot let those men be killed while they wait for the rest of the team to arrive.

With a crack which signaled a Sonic Boom I tore across the sky at Mach 1 speeds and swiped a would be victim from right beneath the alien and placed him a safe distance from the fight. The creature then turned his attention to another operative, swinging one of his very large axes overhead I repeated the same maneuver as last time. Snatching him up before he could get bisected and placing him next to his comrades. The good news is that the frustrated alien saw that targeting the others was futile, and turned his full attention on me. Standing defiantly in front of him with my cape flapping behind me I again contacted Animus as the Argus forces used my diversion to escape.

"The ARGUS soldiers are safe, I'll keep him occupied until-" I did not get the chance to finish as I was interrupted with some type of optical blast which hit me square in the chest and threw me a couple dozen feet backwards in the dirt with a grunt. Catching my breath I placed a hand on my chest as I picked myself back up from the dirt and dusted off my uniform, locking eyes with the alien as It certainly seemed that negotiations were off the table.

"My turn." I uttered as I blasted off and slugged him in the face, bringing him down to one knee but aside from that it seemed to have little affect. Realizing that my delaying action may be harder than I imagined I braced myself as the creature attempted to decapitate me with his axes but was stopped as I intercepted both arms with my own hands and we braced against each other locked in a contest of strength.

"Hurry up guys..." I grunted as I started to overpower him slowly and force him back down on his knees. Satisfied with my progress until his eyes once again lit up in red energy and I knew what was coming next.

"Oh crap..." Was the last thought I had before another beam, this one at point blank range collided with my face and hurled me into the sky. Stopping myself in mid air I placed both hands on my head as I fought off a hell of a headache. Any time now, my team should get here and then we can bring down this beast together.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Surtr

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

New York Stock Exchange

The unusually large man stuck out from the crowd a decent amount, yet simultaneously remained camouflaged by the black and white suit he wore, hidden amongst the sea of similarly clothed people. It seemed fitting, truly. To him, it seemed like a food chain. These men in suits preyed upon others, and here he was, disguised as one to prey on them. But now was not the time for class commentary. The whole ordeal cost a decent amount of time, but it was such a small act to him. Granted, he had never blown up such an important building, but compared to what he had planned, it was nothing. Nothing but a start.

Several days earlier, he had hired nine men. These men did not know about each other. These men did not know what was in the large briefcase each one would carry into the building. These men did not care. These men dressed in suits. These men would walk into the building. These men would wait. But most importantly, these men did not know the face of their employer. As the large man pushed through the crowd, he found a bench to sit on. And when he sat, he opened up his briefcase. Inside was a strange looking device, obviously hand made. Wires, metal, duct tape, various sorts of items, and a single knob. A knob that the large man twisted for a brief moment before standing up again, placing the briefcase onto the floor, and scooting it under the bench with his foot before fixing his tie and walking out of the building.

Several minutes had passed before the large man got into a taxi outside, and two minutes afterwards, a loud explosion could be heard. Fire enveloped the inside of the New York Stock Exchange, and the nine men inside were the first to perish in the large explosions set off by each case.

"So marks the beginning of the end." The large man quietly muttered to himself.

The rather large apartment in Lower Manhattan sufficed for a current area of operations for now. The owner of the building was nice enough to not ask questions when given cold hard cash as payment for the rooming. Mason turned on the bedroom television as he entered the bathroom and began to shower, leaving the door open to hear the TV. From what he could hear, the news was televising the somewhat short lived session at the UN between Argus and Cypher, leader of a team of "heroes" known as the Regents. It all seemed funny to him. The idea of heroism. But who was he to talk? He was a domestic terrorist. A villain in the eyes of the people. Not that it mattered to him. They would all see, one day. They would see that his evil was necessary...

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 pm

"Damnit! Wrath, get in there!" Animus yelled as he opened fire with his rifle. The bullets simply bounced off the metal armor of the E.t. "Great." Animus muttered, dropping the gun on the ground and unslinging his shotgun from his back.

Meanwhile, the alien launched both of the axes at Miss Liberty. The weapons spun so fast that the heated blades formed red disks as they flew towards the floating girl. Animus' hand flew up to his earpiece, "Peregrine!" A sonic boom erupted as a blur launched itself from the back of the Torus. Timing the rotation of the axes, Peregrine plucked the weapons out of the air. "Can't have our newest member cut up so soon," Snider mused as he circled back to Animus. "Clayton, these things are a bit unwieldy," Peregrine commented, as the axes started to move on their own, trying to fly back to their owner. "Sit on them if you have to!" Animus snapped as he and Niter moved in.

Wrath had already reached the hostile and landed a punch on its abdominal region. Doubling over, the alien quickly straightened and struck Wrath with an uppercut. Staggering back, Wrath touched his hand to his lip. When he looked at his hand, there was a bead of blood on his fingertips. Animus caught Niter with an outstretched hand as he saw Wrath's glow brighten. "Now you've done it!"

"Hit the dirt!" Animus yelled as he tackled Niter. The radiation surged to Wrath's fists as he unleashed a straight arm punch; the alien tried to raise his arms, but it was too little too late. Wrath's fist connected, and the alien was launched back several dozen yards, coming to a stop after forming a shallow impact crater. "Now I feel better," Wrath smiled while cracking his knuckles. "Don't celebrate yet, amigo," Niter said while pointing at the alien getting back on its feet. There was a sizeable dent in its chest, but red sparks arced around the area, and the dent slowly shallowed until it disappeared.

"Light it up, Niter." Animus ordered. "No problem." Bursts of fire erupted from Niter's hands as he brought them together like Kamehameha, and the flames twisted together into a flaming vortex that engulfed the alien. Niter stopped the flames and the alien stalked forward, smoldering and glowing a dull red, but not scathed. "Damn, this thing is tough." Animus growled. "You alright?" He called up to Miss Liberty over comms.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am

Chicago

* In Croat *

" I am loving it here. It's like there is a person from every possible place in the world all right here. It's really amazing! " The grinning elder faces of Mr. and Mrs. Kovačić were side by side within the confines of the smartphone screen. Viktor did his best to beam back towards his grand parents. " That's wonderful Viktor. Have you met any other Croats there? " Viktor smiled and looked off to his right before looking back down at the phone. " No, but, I have met a couple of Serbs here. " Mr. Kovačić frowned and looked off disgruntled, " Oh, well then, and I thought this was a prestigious institution. " He said with tongue in cheek. Viktor chuckled. Susanna Kovačić squinted her eyes at the screen. " Are you in a car? Where are you going? " Viktor looked about himself before looking back down at the phone. " Oh, just some friends and me going out for a bit. " Mrs. Kovačić smiled. " Well, it's nice to know that you are making friends. " Mr. Kovačić's face turns back towards the screen. " It's not those Serbs is it? " The remark illicited a laugh from both Viktor and Mrs. Kovačić. Viktor, still coming down from his laugh looked off screen for a moment before looking back. " Hey, we're here, so I'll call you tomorrow okay? " The Kovačić elders smiled and nodded back. " Remember you are coming by for Dinner on Sunday Viktor. " Viktor nodded and smiled. " I remember grandma. Alright love you two - bye. " His thumb hit the red button on the corner of his screen and the still image of his grand parents hung there on his phone. He looked up from his screen at the three other men seated around the car. Their heads all suddenly turned away from Viktor, clearly having been listening and watching the entire time.

* In English *

" It's a cover story. " The driver, a skinny 30 year old dressed in a heavy brown jacket with crow like features, and whose name Viktor did not know, nodded. " Sure man, what ever. " Viktor looked around the car at his compatriots in silence for a bit longer. " Alright let's just do this. " He reached for the top of his head were he would then bring down a white digitized mask. He looked around the car to the rest of his nameless compatriots mimicking his actions. The one sitting next to him, a short black man with a blue wind breaker, pulled up a red bandanna to cover his face. The driver pulled down a black ski mask to cover his face. The guy on the passenger side, about Viktor's age - indistinguishable race, pulled a Ronald Reagan rubber mask from between his legs.

Viktor breathed in, then out. " Alright - we go in there, you secure the lobby. Don't let anyone - EEH! " Ronald Reagan had just pulled back the slide to a previously unseen pistol. The gipper turned his perpetually smiling face back towards Viktor. " What'd I say about guns?! " Reagan shrugged his shoulders. " Dude, they got security in there - I ain't goin in there without some heat. " Viktor threw his hands up in frustration. " Mother- " He then reached out with his right and and grabbed the barrel of the pistol. Suddenly, a white glow overtook the air around his hand. When Viktor took his hand back, Reagan found that only the grip of his weapon remained. " I can melt guns! You don't need any heat! " Reagan to look aghast behind his smiling rubber mask. He looked first to the driver, who just looked sternly back, then to the guy right behind him - who just looked out the window. Conceding defeat, he let out a subtle, " Fine, what ever. " and pulled out switchblade knife from his pocket to replace the mostly melted pistol grip he had been holding a moment earlier. Each man pulled out their own eclectic melee weapon for inspection, before placing it back in their cloths - all except Viktor. *Crunch* He felt the pop travel up and down the right side of his neck. * Crunch * It felt just as good on the left side. " Alright - for real this time - let's do this. "

Four masked men opened up the doors of a navy blue sedan in front of a 15 story sky scrapper: The Wendlton-Monix Banking trust! The criminal quartet walked side by side towards the glass entrance. A middle aged portly man in a blue suit opened up one of the doors only to stop himself before fully exiting - his eyes opened wide by the sight of masked men approaching him. He did not move, he didn't even close the door as the four men passed him by. Viktor, being the last to enter in, patted the suit on his fat shoulder. " Thanks man. "

Now fully inside the bank, the masked quartet were immediately met with the screams, shrieks and sudden movements of the dozen or so people inside. Viktor looked over at his compatriots and shrugged his shoulders. " My reputation proceeds me then - No body move, this is a stick! " Of course this did nothing to stop the numerous people who were now running pass the four and out the doors behind them. Viktor threw his hands up motioning towards the people running by. " Really, you're not even gonna... Fine- what ever. Secure the exits and elevators! " The three nodded and ran off passed the people to their various assignments.

Viktor himself made his way up to the front desk were a blond women, uniformed, appearing early twenties, fidgeted frantically behind a glass box. " High, how are ya? " His amiable greeting was met by a sudden sheet of metal slamming shut over the windows. Viktor stopped for a moment and regarded the steel shutters. " Well then. " From round the corner a black sneaker planted itself into the ground, were a moment later it was revealed that said sneaker was attached to a round security guard in a gray uniform - pistol drawn and leveled right directly towards Viktor. " Hands up! " His yelled demand seemed more scared than one of authority. Viktor cocked a thumb over towards the shielded windows. " Oh hey, great your here. I'd like to make a complaint, you guys have terrible service! "

* POW *

The sound of a metal casing rolling across the floor was some how even more defining than the actual blast from the gun. Both the guard and Viktor stood in shock for a moment - though each for different reasons. Viktor, because Paul Blart just tried to shoot him! The guard, because Viktor's entire body was suddenly surrounded by a white and energetic aura... and no bullet hole. The two simply stood staring at each other a moment longer before the security guard's head suddenly jerked violently forward and his body collapsed to the ground. The driver stood with a bludgeon in hand over the guard's unconscious body. Viktor's momentary seizure was finally broken and his aura faded. " Where were you? " his breath hung frozen in the air, while the driver just shrugged. Viktor - with the humor now finally gone from the situation - turned his gaze back towards the windows. His smile gone and his white aura returned, he walked forward.

This was only her 5th day on the job, and already she knew it was going to be her last day. The bank teller had been pacing the inside of her tellers box, nervously biting her finger nails and frantically fixing her uniform. She, like the two men outside, had suddenly froze when she heard the gun shot. The steel sheets in front of the windows made it hard for sound to travel into the box, so she had to strain to hear. She put her ear to the window and listened. Suddenly, not even an inch in front of her face, the open space glass/steel plating disappeared, and in it's place was a ghostly white aura. She jumped back and fell to the ground as she saw the man in the digitized white mask simply walk straight through the wall - leaving a man shaped hole in his wake. He turned and looked down at her. While in frantic breaths she could not manage to utter out a plea of mercy - or even a scream of woe. It turns out, she didn't have to - the mask spoke for her.

He pointed over to one of the computers and waited for her to speak. When she didn't he did, " Do you mind? I mean, if you're still using it I get it - I'll wait. " Her frantic breathing slowed down a small bit, still terrified for show but just... not as much? " You're done? Cool. " He then turned towards the computer he had been pointing at and pulled something from his jacket. Two somethings - USB ports. The man plugged both ports into the computer's tower and then began clicking away at the screen. Finally, the will to speak had returned to her.

" We - there is no money here. We just... m-manage accounts. "

The white face kept looking at the screen. " I know. I'm actually an investor and I am checking out your guys's security - I gotta say you're not off to a good start. " The white face finally turned towards the teller on the ground, " Love your dress by the way... Carol. "
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:24 am

The Rejects: Arizona, USA

A swirl of glitter and slime swirled onto the scene, followed by a boy riding what appeared to be a small dragon made of ice. The glitter and slime landed, pulling apart to reveal a little old woman with a tray of freshly baked cookies. The glitter and slime solidified into two separate figures of women almost four metres tall that flanked the older woman as the boy and the dragon began to circle the area.

"Hullo, dearies! Do you need some help?" The old woman smiled, her doughy face smooshing adorably. "I have oatmeal raisin cookies!"

Suddenly a furious blast of flames brushed past her nose as Niter unleashed a volley of explosions. The Regents seemed to notice her group then.

"Hullo! How can we help you on this wonderful day? Would you like a cookie?" The old woman waved and began toddling towards the other heroes, the towers of glitter and slime following her while the boy with the dragon flew down to blast the creatures with what appeared to be frost. The alien creature froze for a few moments, but the ice began to creak and then shattered. The alien continued to advance.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:40 am

Kaito Kobayashi
Forcefield

Kaito groaned as he stretched his well-muscled arms and legs, spreading as far as he could to keep the blood flowing through them. He wasn't one for sitting down, and his limbs had a bad tendency to fall asleep, especially his feet. His whole body already felt asleep, tingling and shaking, like pins and needles. It was surreal to think he was sitting beside the Regents, such a powerful, great organization, taking in a deadbeat baseball player like him. Months ago, he was sitting in the rubb-no, no, don't think of that. Monthas ago, he was in college aspiring for the Nippon League, now, he was with....Wrath, and Peregrine, and Blur, and all these other people. Amazing! Although, he couldn't help feeling like the weakling of the team, being one of the newest members, aside from maybe Miss Liberty. He wasn't sure what to make of her. He wasn't sure what to make out of anyone. He just had to see how the coming weeks went.

Letting loose a booming guffaw at Animus' dig, he quickly clamped his mouth shut at Wrath's glare. Luckily, no fists flew, but tha glare...it was enough to silence the strongest man alive! It was strong enough to silence his bushy bear of a father! Thoughts of his father and bears preoccupied his mind until the transport touched down not too long after, Argus agents quickly clumping around the plane with worried faces, urgent whispers, and stares, many directed towards him and his samurai's armor, a costume which he had donned to represent power, honor, endurance, courage, heart, and a bunch of other worthless shit. He mostly just wore it because it looked cool. His long hair was tied back into a long, fashionable ponytail, flowing in the Arizona wind. With a final huff, he set off in a breakneck pace after the rest of the Regents, Liberty flying up ahead in a cloud of dust, milling over the horizon...

Kaito reached the rapidly thinning field of Argus soldiers just in time to see Liberty being knocked back into the air, clutching her head, axes rapidly flying towards her. Swearing under his breath, he set out on a new charge, still behind everyone else. He hadn't anticipated how much the samurai suit would slow him down, it was a heavy little bastard. Luckily, he got to enjoy the fireworks by the time he got there, Peregrine playing blade-catch, Wrath getting more furious, Niter playing with fire...literally. But it wasn't enough, the alien kept getting up after bullets, blows, and being set on fire. Was it indestructible? The best Kaito could hope for was to maybe daze or stun it. Here he went....

With a charge forward and a mighty "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE AT YOOOOUUUU!" he leapt forward in a full-on charge at the beast, still glowing redder than Wrath's fists. Summoning a new gravitational field, a ten foot by ten foot by ten foot cube of light with a purple sheen surrounding the alien, much to its confusion, he locked his hands together, and thrusted up, reversing the gravity inside the cube, all the way to the top, before flipping it back down and dropping the alien hard on its face. He then lifted, and threw back down again, and repeated a third time, cube finally dissolving into thin air. Many could resist fire, electricity, magnetism, light, the natural forces of our world. But very few can resist gravity. The alien looked very dazed by this point, its innards probably mush by this point, blood having rushed to his head all the way down to his feet repeatedly.

With a cocky smile hidden behind his helmet, he jumped forward again, leap-frogging almost, and with a mighty "HA!", he drew with his katana and slashed at his neck, hoping to find a fatal point somewhere.

But, the katana harmlessly bounced off the beast's neck, and before he could curse in fury, a sudden backhand was launched directly into his chest, flinging him back more than a dozen feet. Landing with a hard tumble, he quickly rolled to his feet, to face the same alien, slowly attempting to try and get to its feet. "What! How! How can it do this!" he thought to himself in disbelief. "No matter. It will stay down soon enough." Focusing on the axe gripped in both hands of the alien, Kaito started a magnetic tug on it, attempting to yank it out of it's hands. But, he was met with furious grip strength, and soon, the two were locked in a furious battle, Kaito trying to draw away his axe, the alien trying to maintain its grip on it, Kaito not even noticing the new idiots as they floated in. It was unclear who would win this challenge...
yea bro idk

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:28 am

RETCONNED ROLLED.
Last edited by Higher Japan on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 am

The Tarot, Submarine Tyrant
151 Nautical Miles South-West of San Diego, CA, USA

The Tyrant was deep enough to have almost bottomed out; around 4000 meters under the sea, far beyond the crush depth of anything capable of sinking it in a fight.

It was rare for the Tyrant to go so deep; the vast majority of the time, it was simply not necessary for any reason, and technically, it was not necessary here either; but XX: Judgement had insisted, and so VII: The Chariot had complied.

Most of the colossal submarine was empty, abandoned; doors to living quarters locked, never to be re-opened, the former occupants deceased. One of the two game rooms on the ship had also been sealed off, as had the large hall in which the full might of The Tarot had assembled to hear XXI: The World announce their next destination.

Now, well, the only rooms that saw people were the ship's galley, the bridge, the two sets of living quarters still used, the ship's hanger and rarely one of the game rooms. It was quite a sorry state of affairs.

The Tarot had assembled on the bridge; VII: The Chariot sat in the captain's chair, slouched back. The three bodies of VI: The Lovers each sat at one of the control consoles on the bridge, not really paying any attention to their consoles; everything had long since been automated as they lost more and more members. X: Wheel of Fortune leaned against the wall next to the door to the bridge, idly passing a coin between his hands while XIII: Death paced at the front of the bridge, as if trying to carve a gouge into the metal.

XVI: The Tower, slumped over in his wheelchair, had been placed behind the captain's chair, facing away with XX: Judgement standing beside him, one hand placed on a handle of the wheelchair. Finally, Ten of Swords was sat atop one of the inactive consoles, idly kicking a joystick that did nothing.

"A sorry state of affairs, this." XX: Judgement observed.

"Perhaps deserved." VI: The Lovers retorted. "Did we not show too much hubris? We grew arrogant, and naturally we fell."

"Such is life. We rise, we fall. What has gone may come again." X: Wheel of Fortune offered, to no reply.

"The question remains, however, of what we do next." Ten of Swords posed the question no one else was willing to voice. "We must carry on what XXI: The World set as our mission."

"Agreed." XIII: Death nodded, slowing his pacing. "What was the mission, anyways?"

The bridge fell into silence. No one answered. No one could answer.

"Hmph." VII: The Chariot growled. "And we don't even know why he did everything he did?"

"What did you expect? He was always the mysterious type." VI: The Lovers smiled slightly. "He died how he lived, an enigma above all."

"May I suggest something?" Everyone turned to look at XX: Judgement.

"Oh?" XIII: Death nodded smirked. "You have an idea?"

"A plan, not an idea." XX: Judgement snorted loudly. "XXI: The World would not have The Tarot waste away, one member killed after another, cut down like cattle. We struck terror throughout the world; we have carved our name into history itself through those we have killed. One last, final, great act of defiance against time itself, so that the world shall remember The Tarot forevermore."

Ten of Swords shrugged. "I, for one, agree with this plan."

X: Wheel of Fortune grinned, a wide, toothy thing. "One last roll of the dice? Who am I to say no?"

VI: The Lovers was silent. XVI: The Tower drooled. XII: Death stopped pacing, and turned to face away from the others.

"One last charge, to death and infamy? It has a... Distinct flavour to it. I approve."

VII: The Chariot glanced around. "Well, it seems you've made up your minds. One final charge, one final massacre."

"The last march of The Tarot." VI: The Lovers echoed. "Into history and the afterlife."

There was nothing more to be said as the Tyrant's engines powered up and it rose from the depths, accelerating to full speed in the direction of San Diego; no need to be subtle, they wanted it to be known they were coming.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 am

...But, he was met with furious grip strength, and soon, the two were locked in a furious battle, Kaito trying to draw away his axe, the alien trying to maintain its grip on it, Kaito not even noticing the new idiots as they floated in. It was unclear who would win this challenge...

In an attempt to free itself of Kaito's magnetic grip, the Alien Quickly discharged a wave of energy towards the armor-clad samurai. After freeing itself, the E.T. charged.

Animus looked at the Rejects and shouted, "Get out of here! I don't want you in the way!" Animus charged himself past Kaito, ducking low under a rapid strike. Straightening up, only a mere three feet from the hostile, Animus took aim with his heavily modified shotgun, a variable cannon in its own right. The heavy slug didn't pierce the metallic hide, but the sheer angle and force cause the alien to stagger. Animus seized the opportunity and grabbed the alien under its right arm. Rotating his body clockwise through the air, using the alien as a pivot point, and landed behind and to the left of the alien with his foot between the monster's legs. With a sweep of his legs, Animus brought the creature to the ground with a thump.

"Someone get me something to tie him down with!" Leverage combined with Animus' strength to keep the creature nearly immobile. In an attempt to free itself, the alien began to charge up its energy blast. "Damn it! Wrath, GET READY!"

Animus rolled both of them over and used his momentum to roll them both back onto their feet. Still embraced, the Regent spun violently, throwing the alien a short distance to the side. The E.T. managed to stay upright, but still looked slightly bewildered. Wrath was rapidly closing the distance, and Animus called to him again, "Uppercut! send him skyward!" Wrath obliged and swung his glowing fist up, causing a shockwave on impact with the chin of the creature's helmet.

The Hostile was launched into the air, and Animus called to Liberty over comms, "Send him back down, hard, Miss Liberty. Forcefield, speed him up on his way back down."

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm

The scene unfolding out in the desert was quickly becoming one of random confusion as more and more supers got involved in the battle. It did not take long for Animus and the other Regents including Niter, Wrath and Peregrine as well as the other rookie Forcefield who makes, forcefields. It was really something to witness watching all of them work together. But then things got even more...interesting. Still hovering over the battle itself I had a clear view as more contenders entered the arena and revealed themselves to be two beings made of glitter and slime. A deceptively old woman serving oatmeal raisin cookies and is that...a boy riding a ice dragon? These new heroes are....are...

SOO COOL!

I ran through my brain trying to figure out who these figures were and recalled Cypher explaining to me that not everyone was accepted into the Regents. And that some of those who were rejected made their own team in the hopes of one day gaining entrance to the team. I did not think much of it at the time but now seeing them in action I had to wonder if these were the Rejects I was told about. And if they were I had to wonder something else, how did they not get accepted onto the team!? I mean from the obvious decoy tactic of the innocent old grandma with cookies distracting the alien it should be easy for the others like those powerful looking women made of glitter and slime and especially that boy riding a darn ice dragon to defeat this creature. I was just about to cheer the newcomers on as I was snapped back into reality by Animus who was now moving in to challenge the alien after it broke free from the ice dragons...icy beam.

As Animus expertly maneuvered himself around the alien trying to pin him it was pretty clear that the alien had the advantage. Until he finally managed to allow an opening for Wrath to send the alien sky high with a rage fueled uppercut as Animus gave me my instructions.

"Send him back down, hard, Miss Liberty."

"Got it." I responded to the order as I latched onto him as he sailed into the sky. Holding him in a bear hug style I offered one last chance for the alien to surrender.

"Last chance, I do not want to hurt you further now. Please give up." The creature responded with grunts as he struggled to break my grip as I sighed. Well, at least I tried. Then in a moment I sailed off with the monster straight into the sky ascending to the upper stratosphere before I stopped and reversed directions this time flying straight back down at super sonic speeds. The creature must have sensed the danger he was in as he struggled ever more fiercely to break himself free, but I held fast. Until I was closing in rapidly to the surface of Arizona again and with a grunt I loosened my grip and hurled the alien back towards the hard dirt below, leaving the rest of the job to Forcefield.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:30 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:

The scene unfolding out in the desert was quickly becoming one of random confusion as more and more supers got involved in the battle.
---

Until I was closing in rapidly to the surface of Arizona again and with a grunt I loosened my grip and hurled the alien back towards the hard dirt below, leaving the rest of the job to Forcefield.

The old woman ignored Animus. That man was just jealous that his team's brute force was not working. Upon hearing the Regent's plan and seeing how well the alien regenerated, she realised that while their plan would probably buy them a few minutes, the alien would regenerate shortly and no hard physical container could hold him. But she had a new plan, one that would capitalise on the alien's temporary destruction. She would show them that her team belonged on the Regents! This wouldn't be like Toronto or Detroit or Atlanta or Los Angeles or Oklahoma City or Albany or Boise or Denver or Raleigh or Sacramento or Seattle or DC . . . . it wasn't her fault the Washington Monument was turned into a candy cane!

Watching as Miss Liberty threw down the alien, the old woman carefully took aim and suddenly threw one of her oatmeal cookies towards the alien. It was way off course, but a quick and careful blast by Storyteller's dragon set it right onto their target. As soon as it touched the alien's leg the cookie began to expand into a doughy mess, quickly growing to cover its entire lower body . . . then its chest . . . its head . . . until the entire alien was encased in a wriggling, doughy ball of oatmeal raisin cookie batter plummeting towards the ground. If the alien could break anything rigid, then this casing of sticky and soft yumminess should be able to hold it still. Of course, the casing might explode on impact, but there was no time to think about that now. She had to activate phase two!

"Glitter, Glow, activate premature celebration sequence! Oh, what fun!"

The two enormous women, their size expanded after a trip to a party supply store and the sewers respectively, smashed together. The slime and glitter began to glow and small rockets of glitter created glowing fireworks and skywriting in glitter, shot out of the writhing mass and falling back into it.

"Good job, girls!"

The old woman shouted towards Storyteller now, who was furiously scribbling, probably working on getting his fire dragon done. He hadn't had enough time getting here to finish both dragons and he hated being unprepared.

"Storyteller! Can we get some snow? It's a bit hot down here!"

Storyteller didn't look up from writing, but the ice dragon began shooting volleys of snowballs into the air that exploded and began sprinkling the Arizona desert with a rain snow hybrid. The temperature instantly dropped from death to slightly uncomfortable.

She had won the fight, organised a celebration, and made the oppressive heat more bearable! They had to let her in now!
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Kaito Kobayashi
Forcefield

Kaito felt his field disintegrating and his grip torn away as he was sent back several feet by the energy wave, skidding back into a crouching position, only to bear witness to the insanity that followed, and these new...heroes? Idiots? Dumbasses? Probably one of the latter two. Who did they think they were, coming in with their bumbling idiocy and cookies? Disgraces to the title "superhero", if anything. The hilarious part is they thought they were doing good with their glimmery wet sludge and their oatmeal raisin. What clowns! Or as his dad would say, "What piero!"

He couldn't be distracted by these idiots. He had a job to do. And it was to hit a grand slam on this alien so hard, he was flying far beyond the pitch and down all the way to his beastly mother's womb! He watched as Animus and Wrath landed a furious combination of hits upon the creature, before sending it flying up to Liberty. He couldn't help but admire the confidence and marvel the group had. He almost felt like an outsider disrupting the sync of the team. He had to prove he belonged in this team!

Concentrating hard, he kept his focus on the rapidly disappearing figures of Liberty and the alien, flying high up into the blue sky, now marred by...snow?! It was Arizona! Looking away for one second to wipe the snow off his visor, he then looked back to the sky only to receive a faceful of sparkly scum all over his helmet. Letting out a furious string of mixed curses in Japanese and English, he desperately wiped off the slime as fast as he could, as he could now faintly see the alien coming back down to earth. this was it. His final chance.

He could only make a few gravity boxes at a time, so he had to use these ones well. Lining up the boxes as best he could into a thirty foot column, he simply waited, hoping he didn't miss by a few crucial feet. It was hard to tell from down here, with bits of sewer water in his mask.

Luckily, the alien flew right in. Liberty had thrown it on a bit of an angle, and it had missed the third box, but it flew right through the second two, suddenly rapidly accelerating in an already breakneck descent, and coming to a screeching halt in the ground, tearing the dirt up for several feet before coming to a halt, face-down. Would it get up? That was uncertain, but he doubted it. Only time would tell...
yea bro idk

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Brol'Shada
Chicago

America was living up to its full reputation as Brol walked down a sidewalk looking at the pedestrian and traffic. But it was not devoid of redeeming qualities. People were giving him strange looks, and he could understand why; his attire was far different from theirs. Feeling the pull that had led him to Chicago once again, Brol'Shada continued on his path. As he ventured deeper into the heart of the city, he noticed the swelling cry of police sirens. "Khatarā bēkanakō kala,* " Brol'Shada said quietly as he took off at a rapid sprint in the direction of the commotion.

Reaching the Trust, Brol'Shada didn't hesitate as he vaulted over a police car. The officers shouted warnings, but the monk was set on his path. He slowed as he entered the building; his mind and spirit reaching out. He felt the darkened Qi of the assailants, but one caught his attention as being stronger than the others: a super.

"Grīḍa ēka asaphalatā hō jasalē dimāgalā'ī apamāna gardacha** " Brol'Shada quoted in Napali before switching to English, "Surrender, and You will not be harmed." He thundered from his position while looking at each of the men in turn.

*The call of Danger beacons Me.
**Greed is an imperfection that defiles the mind.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Muller

Flying high up in the sky, Muller came in closer to the alien now shrouded in dust from the impact. Activating his sensors he scanned the alien. "Guys be careful. My sensors are picking up high levels of Gamma and Beta radiation. Either he was bathed in solar radiation before landing here or he is decaying himself. Either way stay alert for any side effects." he said over the comms. Flying closer he readied his pulsar and a shoulder missile encase the alien tried something. Suddenly, faster than he could react the alien leaped up and latched onto him making loose stability and fall towards the Earth.

Captain Freedom

Seeing the alien jump on Muller, Alex jetted towards them without hesitation and grabbed onto the alien taking him off of Muller. Plunging towards the ground he created a protective shield around himself as he slammed the alien into the ground before landing and creating a giant baseball bat which he used to knock the alien several yards. Standing ready he waited for the alien to make a move.

Blur

Seeing the alien now on the ground Blur rushed in and got off a few punches before going back to stand next to Captain Freedom. Looking up he got distracted by Liberty, whom he had a secret crush on, and failed to notice the alien rampaging towards him. Barely dodging him, he quickly ran further away before saying over the cooms "Y'all this thing is acting like we are just pesky flies. Any ideas?"
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm

The Rejects: New York City, USA

Proletariat combed through the rubble, hundreds of his clones, both giant and regular, helping the hundreds of injured escape. This temple to capitalism had been asking for it, and these elitist pigs deserved what they got. But their assistants didn't, nor did the maintenance workers. They were simply poor workers, caught in the crushing wheels of class inequality, forced to bow down to their masters. Proletariat wished he could go back to the old day and the just USSR. That had been a grand state, peaceful and strong. For a few years a man named Stalin had tried to rule, but The State had dealt with him. Oh, my love. He still missed her every day, the way she smiled like it was for the first time, the bright tinkling of her laughter, the gentle tapping of her fingers when she was nervous, the slow beeping of her heart monitor as she slowly died.

Never mind that, he had work to do. One of his clones passed a stock broker with a broken arm and leg trying to wriggle out from a cracked ticker board.

"Help me . . . please! Help!" This man, no, this pig dared to ask for his help. Ha! He had probably never uttered the word please in his life before now!

The clone walked over and crouched by the man. "Oh, how the mighty have fallen. You, sitting in your ivory tower, now dare as the Proletariat for help? Nyet. You shall die like the pig you are." The clone stood up and shouldered its hammer. "But I shall not be the one to kill you, your altar to the gods of capitalism shall. I will simply make you suffer more." With a mighty heave the clone swung the hammer in an arc, and smashed the man's right hand into bloody pulp. When he pulled away there was nothing recognisable left of the hand but a bloody pulp that clung to the hammer. Wordlessly, the clone walked away, bolstered by the panicked squeals of the bourgeois b*****d. It was a shame he couldn't watch the man die.

He had more work to do.

SC #307

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Chewion wrote:Muller

Flying high up in the sky, Muller came in closer to the alien now shrouded in dust from the impact. Activating his sensors he scanned the alien. "Guys be careful. My sensors are picking up high levels of Gamma and Beta radiation. Either he was bathed in solar radiation before landing here or he is decaying himself. Either way stay alert for any side effects." he said over the comms. Flying closer he readied his pulsar and a shoulder missile encase the alien tried something. Suddenly, faster than he could react the alien leaped up and latched onto him making loose stability and fall towards the Earth.

Captain Freedom

Seeing the alien jump on Muller, Alex jetted towards them without hesitation and grabbed onto the alien taking him off of Muller. Plunging towards the ground he created a protective shield around himself as he slammed the alien into the ground before landing and creating a giant baseball bat which he used to knock the alien several yards. Standing ready he waited for the alien to make a move.

Blur

Seeing the alien now on the ground Blur rushed in and got off a few punches before going back to stand next to Captain Freedom. Looking up he got distracted by Liberty, whom he had a secret crush on, and failed to notice the alien rampaging towards him. Barely dodging him, he quickly ran further away before saying over the cooms "Y'all this thing is acting like we are just pesky flies. Any ideas?"
James

He arrived at the combat zone with the rest of his team. Some people who had arrived earlier were already the fighting with the armored alien thing. As soon as he hit the ground he activated his power. Thankfully he had learned how to stop it from obliterating certain forms of matter. Mostly the ground and people. Bright orange energy filled the air around him as the matter was converted into energy. Most of it was gas, too much and the light would obstruct his view.

He waited for his moment, but it was irritating. Most people had some way to move around quickly. Either by flying or super speed or something. Given that the alien was moving around quickly as well made it even harder for him to do anything useful. Fortunately one of the heroes stopped, asking for ideas since nothing seemed to be budging the damn thing. "You could try me." He offered to the Speedster. "My power obliterates matter. Doesn't matter what the hell he's made off, it'll get through him. The problem lies in the fact that there's no way for me to catch him." As awkward as it would be to be carried by a speedster, that was something that he would have to suck up. Better he be slightly uncomfortable for a few seconds than a bunch of people get killed.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:22 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:James

He arrived at the combat zone with the rest of his team. Some people who had arrived earlier were already the fighting with the armored alien thing. As soon as he hit the ground he activated his power. Thankfully he had learned how to stop it from obliterating certain forms of matter. Mostly the ground and people. Bright orange energy filled the air around him as the matter was converted into energy. Most of it was gas, too much and the light would obstruct his view.

He waited for his moment, but it was irritating. Most people had some way to move around quickly. Either by flying or super speed or something. Given that the alien was moving around quickly as well made it even harder for him to do anything useful. Fortunately one of the heroes stopped, asking for ideas since nothing seemed to be budging the damn thing. "You could try me." He offered to the Speedster. "My power obliterates matter. Doesn't matter what the hell he's made off, it'll get through him. The problem lies in the fact that there's no way for me to catch him." As awkward as it would be to be carried by a speedster, that was something that he would have to suck up. Better he be slightly uncomfortable for a few seconds than a bunch of people get killed.

This was their chance! The old woman gave the signal and Glitter and Glow ended the celebration, splitting apart and leaning in to hear the plan. They had practised for this in case, somehow, her cookie plan had not worked.

"Glitter, I'm going to need you to get that man right there over to the silver alien, okay? This could be our big chance!"

Glitter rustled, tilting her glitter at several angles and emitting a complicated series of flashes and sparkles.

"Yes, I know it is difficult to generate the energy needed to fly, but Storyteller is busy trying to get that fire dragon of his to make a matching pair and Glow is currently a bit radioactive and more sewer-like than would be preferable to transport someone. Now go, darling! I believe in you!"

The old woman shoves a cookie in her mouth as Glitter dissolves into a massive cloud of Glitter and begins to surround the man, creating a tight cyclone that lifts him off the ground a few millimetres. Shouting around the cookie, the old woman grins. This plan will totally work out. 100%.

"Need a lift?"

The woman absentmindedly threw a few more sticky cookies at the alien, slowing it down as it struggled to lift its legs out of the batter. She also hit Glow, but the woman simply let that leg get dissolved and reformed as a slightly smaller version of herself.

SC #307

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:58 am

The Tarot, Submarine Tyrant
0.2 Nautical Miles West of San Diego, CA, USA

The Tyrant was still almost bottomed out, although in a far shallower depth of water. They weren't about to surface until they had what they came for, and remaining submerged would keep them sufficiently protected against whatever conventional assets were mobilised against them.

Or they would just leave and strike elsewhere. They had the mobility, the stealth, the strategic initiative.

'Battle stations' on the Tyrant was a rather subdued affair; VII: Chariot remained in the captain's chair to control the Tyrant and her weapon systems; the banks of missiles, torpedoes, CIWS and other, secondary weapons, with two of VI: The Lovers' bodies and Ten of Swords also sitting at bridge consoles, but not manning them. One of VI: The Lovers' bodies sat with her hands pressed into the console, imbuing the Tyrant with her power.

The other sat next to Ten of Swords, who was slumped over the console, activating her power. She was the heavy artillery; the body of VI: The Lovers next to her, the telepath, was her spotter. She couldn't read thoughts at such a long distance; but she could tell where they were, and thus she could point Ten of Swords to the densest concentrations of 'thoughts' and thus people.

The final body of VI: The Lovers had wheeled XVI: The Tower's wheelchair to the main airlock in the Tyrant's conning tower alongside XX: Judgement; they would form the 'shore party' for when someone showed up to challenge them. X: Wheel of Fortune and XIII: Death were each preparing one of VII: The Chariot's planes for their own use in the coming battle. They had no flyers, and thus had to deal with enemy flyers the old-fashioned way.

Regardless, they were ready.

It always amazed Ten of Swords how much energy there was in the world when she used her power. It was everywhere, through the world, strings of different colours between half-visible objects. She couldn't create it or destroy it; she could only move energy around, but that in itself had given her the highest body count of any of The Tarot.

She couldn't be precise; her power consisted of ripping energy out of one area and smashing it into another. Halting any processes involving energy in one area, and overcharging those in another. She never saw the end results up close; she was too 'zoomed out' in her vision state.

With a mental sigh, she turned her sight down on San Diego. A mass of strings of different colours, all intertwined, indistinguishable, a great mess of canvas that, had she more care, she could have painted on.

Instead, she did what she always did; she began to tear at it. Strings were torn lose and thrown across the canvas of the city, merging with other strings where they landed. It was random, directed, chaotic; occasionally she'd hear distant whispers, as if carried on the wind; 'south of there', 'four blocks east', 'tear more there', 'move on'. She followed them blindly; they were the only direction she had.

In San Diego, one moment everything had been normal; a slightly cloudy but warm day, nothing unusual, nothing untoward. An average day.

Then chaos had torn through the city. Power grids shut off or overloaded; electrical appliances shut down or burst into flame; cars slammed into each other from sudden bursts of acceleration or deceleration; people died as their neurons stopped transmitting or transmitted to do everything and their bodies tore themselves apart trying to comply with the conflicting orders from their bodies. Hearts stopped beating and organs failed, or organs were overloaded and tore themselves apart

She wasn't aware of the number of dead; it was likely high, indiscriminate, and would likely cause more in the following hours as the chaos and pandemonium claimed their own victims.

They'd stay for an hour or two, with her occasionally tearing more of the tethers of energy up just to remind the world they were there, and then move on if on one showed up and repeat the process.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:35 pm

In the distance, a small cloud was appearing, approaching to a safe distance where it couldn't be seen. It turned out to be a spiderlike robot, with a slightly nasty looking gun on the underside. It crouched and moved behind cover, trying to get a look at the Alien. [Well guys, look familiar?] Arnold asked the Souls.
[no]
[Negative]
[Don't Remember]
[Not a thing]
[Sorry, but no]
Sighing, he hunkered down and decided to watch and intervene if needed.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Auphelia wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:James

This was their chance! The old woman gave the signal and Glitter and Glow ended the celebration, splitting apart and leaning in to hear the plan. They had practised for this in case, somehow, her cookie plan had not worked.

"Glitter, I'm going to need you to get that man right there over to the silver alien, okay? This could be our big chance!"

Glitter rustled, tilting her glitter at several angles and emitting a complicated series of flashes and sparkles.

"Yes, I know it is difficult to generate the energy needed to fly, but Storyteller is busy trying to get that fire dragon of his to make a matching pair and Glow is currently a bit radioactive and more sewer-like than would be preferable to transport someone. Now go, darling! I believe in you!"

The old woman shoves a cookie in her mouth as Glitter dissolves into a massive cloud of Glitter and begins to surround the man, creating a tight cyclone that lifts him off the ground a few millimetres. Shouting around the cookie, the old woman grins. This plan will totally work out. 100%.

"Need a lift?"

The woman absentmindedly threw a few more sticky cookies at the alien, slowing it down as it struggled to lift its legs out of the batter. She also hit Glow, but the woman simply let that leg get dissolved and reformed as a slightly smaller version of herself.

James hesitated a moment as the glitter based superhero lifted him off the ground a little bit. It was quite the odd sensation, flying. "Yes, thank you." He replied. "Don't worry about being to rough. I can heal through just about anything, so do your best to throw me at the alien and I'll take care of the rest!" It was a half baked plan that would actually work if the glitter girl could either fly or throw him towards the extraterrestrial attacker. Hopefully no one else would be within the vicinity or else they'd probably get vaporized.

He also wasn't looking forward what could very easily be some bone breaking force that would cause him to instinctively use his power and likely vaporize anyone in his range. He prayed they they would listen to him when he yelled.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:15 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:James hesitated a moment as the glitter based superhero lifted him off the ground a little bit. It was quite the odd sensation, flying. "Yes, thank you." He replied. "Don't worry about being to rough. I can heal through just about anything, so do your best to throw me at the alien and I'll take care of the rest!" It was a half baked plan that would actually work if the glitter girl could either fly or throw him towards the extraterrestrial attacker. Hopefully no one else would be within the vicinity or else they'd probably get vaporized.

He also wasn't looking forward what could very easily be some bone breaking force that would cause him to instinctively use his power and likely vaporize anyone in his range. He prayed they they would listen to him when he yelled.

"Glitter, you heard the man! Off you go!"

The cyclone of glitter lifted the man until he was almost half a metre off the ground and then proceeded to move towards the alien at a fairly fast speed. A rustling sound that almost sounded like human speech could be heard in the cyclone, a the shape of a woman's face appeared before James.

"Hello. I am Glitter. In about three seconds you need to leap forward and grab onto the alien. It is hard enough for me to life you off of the ground, so you will have to do most of the work. It is a pleasure to work with you."

The face dissolved back into glitter and the cyclone picked up its pace . . . one second . . . two seconds . . . three seconds! Glitter did her best to push the man towards the alien and formed a small platform of tightly packed glitter under his feet to help him jump, but now it was all up to him.

A loud sucking noise could be heard above as well as the amazed shout of a boy as a large dragon made of fire erupted seemingly from the lap of the boy riding the ice dragon.

SC #307

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016

Postby Hatterleigh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Auphelia wrote:The Rejects: New York City, USA

Proletariat combed through the rubble, hundreds of his clones, both giant and regular, helping the hundreds of injured escape. This temple to capitalism had been asking for it, and these elitist pigs deserved what they got. But their assistants didn't, nor did the maintenance workers. They were simply poor workers, caught in the crushing wheels of class inequality, forced to bow down to their masters. Proletariat wished he could go back to the old day and the just USSR. That had been a grand state, peaceful and strong. For a few years a man named Stalin had tried to rule, but The State had dealt with him. Oh, my love. He still missed her every day, the way she smiled like it was for the first time, the bright tinkling of her laughter, the gentle tapping of her fingers when she was nervous, the slow beeping of her heart monitor as she slowly died.

Never mind that, he had work to do. One of his clones passed a stock broker with a broken arm and leg trying to wriggle out from a cracked ticker board.

"Help me . . . please! Help!" This man, no, this pig dared to ask for his help. Ha! He had probably never uttered the word please in his life before now!

The clone walked over and crouched by the man. "Oh, how the mighty have fallen. You, sitting in your ivory tower, now dare as the Proletariat for help? Nyet. You shall die like the pig you are." The clone stood up and shouldered its hammer. "But I shall not be the one to kill you, your altar to the gods of capitalism shall. I will simply make you suffer more." With a mighty heave the clone swung the hammer in an arc, and smashed the man's right hand into bloody pulp. When he pulled away there was nothing recognisable left of the hand but a bloody pulp that clung to the hammer. Wordlessly, the clone walked away, bolstered by the panicked squeals of the bourgeois b*****d. It was a shame he couldn't watch the man die.

He had more work to do.

Enter Ether: New York, New York, U.S.A.
A glimmer of aura streaks across the skies of New York City. Ether has heard the call for trouble, and it only takes him a moment to see what's going on. Superhuman, communist, and has cloning powers. He isn't quite sure what's going on, but what stands out to him is the bloodied pulp that was a stock broker, and a clone of the red man with a bloody hammer, and at that moment, he had made up his mind on what was happening.

"FILFTHY RED!"

Ether flies into the rubble, straight where the clone was that killed the trader.
Last edited by Hatterleigh on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Auphelia wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:James hesitated a moment as the glitter based superhero lifted him off the ground a little bit. It was quite the odd sensation, flying. "Yes, thank you." He replied. "Don't worry about being to rough. I can heal through just about anything, so do your best to throw me at the alien and I'll take care of the rest!" It was a half baked plan that would actually work if the glitter girl could either fly or throw him towards the extraterrestrial attacker. Hopefully no one else would be within the vicinity or else they'd probably get vaporized.

"Glitter, you heard the man! Off you go!"

The cyclone of glitter lifted the man until he was almost half a metre off the ground and then proceeded to move towards the alien at a fairly fast speed. A rustling sound that almost sounded like human speech could be heard in the cyclone, a the shape of a woman's face appeared before James.

"Hello. I am Glitter. In about three seconds you need to leap forward and grab onto the alien. It is hard enough for me to life you off of the ground, so you will have to do most of the work. It is a pleasure to work with you."

The face dissolved back into glitter and the cyclone picked up its pace . . . one second . . . two seconds . . . three seconds! Glitter did her best to push the man towards the alien and formed a small platform of tightly packed glitter under his feet to help him jump, but now it was all up to him.

A loud sucking noise could be heard above as well as the amazed shout of a boy as a large dragon made of fire erupted seemingly from the lap of the boy riding the ice dragon.

He caught a glimpse of... A dragon. Was someone turning into one, and his question was quickly answered by some of the group mentioning that they were being created. That sounded like a great power. Why were these people called the rejects? He snapped back into reality when he felt foot holds under his feet. The Glitter girl told him that she was basically going to throw him and to jump when she tried so he could actually latch onto his opponent.

He mentally counted as she counted aloud and jumped with all of his might onto the alien's back. "EVERYONE GET CLEAR!" He shouted and waited just a second before turning his power up as high as he could get it. To most it would be like staring into the sun it was so bright. If the alien survived this, then he wasn't sure if there was anything out there that could kill it.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Chicago

The sound of thundering feet had brought Viktor out from behind the booth and back out into the open air of the lobby. It had also attracted his three comrades, returning from their accomplished deeds. I only need like, what, 30 seconds and I'll be good? Before leaving the booth, Viktor made sure to note the progress of the download of the computer files to his USB. What the clerk had said was true, there was no real money here in the trust, this office only handled accounting - which happened to be exacetly what Viktor was interested in. From his grandfather's lab, Viktor had snatched software in the form of malware in a USB. This malware was intended to wipe away any and all traces of of actions undertaken on a computer as soon as they occurred. One USB downloaded accounting information from thousands of financially wealthy clients ( which would be used for later ), and the other deleted the actions of the first on the computer's memory. And for the next 30 seconds, Viktor would have to make sure Kung Fu Panda didn't mess that up.

Behind his mask he looked the man up and down. He thought he resembled a rather beefed up version of the mandarin from that iron man movie. To either side of him had gathered his comrades in crime, standing ready with their... their clubs and... knives. Viktor was pretty sure that Karate Kid was a bit out of their league. He looked to either side of him and shrugged his shoulders before looking back towards the monk - then he stuck both his fists out. " I surrender. " Immediately, all three faces shot towards him in disbelief. Viktor began taking a few steps forward.

" Yeah, don't really know what got into me honestly. Maybe it was just a combination of neglect as a child and poor choice of friends in my teenage years? Really, I know, i'm better than this - if only I applied myself more, tried to do right by others and really empathize with my peers. "

he stopped a few feet in front of the monk. " But, anyways, that's no excuse for my actions. Go on, arrest me. "
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse