NATION

PASSWORD

A New World [Civilization rp | OOC | open | PT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Granluras wrote:There hasn’t been a new post in a while, what’s happening.

I'm just waiting for a response to my last post, honestly. I'll probably throw up a broader post to give people something to respond to at some point soon.

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 pm

I feel too much might of happened for one year and people are slowing down.

Might help to advance to 650 by tomorrow.
The Kingdom Of Ifaltannia
Current Monarch: King Aeflswin
Current Prime Minister: Radnar Verback
Current Wars: Peace
Defcon:[5] 4 3 2 1
Ifaltannia is a country in the arctic populated by Ifalts with strong Proto-Germanic roots. It's most prominent religion is Wodenism/Esetroth and the language of its people is closely related to Old-English. The country is lead by King Aeflswin with the assistance of the Current PM. The population of Ifaltannia is 2.6 Million.
Long live the Kingdom
-See my factbook for a complete history document.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm waiting for us to advance to the next year.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm

I want to wait a bit until it makes sense for Firaxin to gain enough strength to take back the islands.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm

I am just working on a post. But yeah after that post I will be ready to go to the next year.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Tir Chullan
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Chullan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 pm

I haven't really worked on my app cause I have an assignment due by tomorrow night and left it to last minute, meaning I crammed all day today and will do so all day tomorrow too to get it finished. I'll hopefully get working on my app again on Saturday.

St George Territory
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby St George Territory » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Strala wrote:
St George Territory wrote:
Yes

what do I need to add

You're accepted
St. George Territory- come for the view, stay because you've been mauled by Polar Bears

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Strala wrote:what do I need to add

You're accepted

Can we progress in the year now so we can continue roleplaying
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Yeah I just posted so I am ready for the year to advance.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

St George Territory
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby St George Territory » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Granluras wrote:
You're accepted

Sure you can progress in the year.
St. George Territory- come for the view, stay because you've been mauled by Polar Bears

Granluras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Granluras wrote:

Sure you can progress in the year.

WE CAN!?

YAHOOOO
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:12 am

Ifaltannia is a country in the arctic populated by Ifalts with strong Proto-Germanic roots. It's most prominent religion is Wodenism/Esetroth and the language of its people is closely related to Old-English. The country is lead by King Aeflswin with the assistance of the Current PM. The population of Ifaltannia is 2.6 Million.
Long live the Kingdom

Granluras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:10 am

Ifaltannia wrote:Timeline Updated In Archive Thread

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438473

Nice
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:29 am

And how’s this for my territory? It’d about half the size of my original claim:
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Tir Chullan
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Chullan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Sorry, I'm going to withdraw from this RP. I think I'm actually more interested in a character RP at the moment.

Granluras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Granluras » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:27 pm

U were never in it in the first place but mkay
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Could a reboot be established. I have a fantastic idea for a savage war like tribe with some zulu and tartar influences.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Still working on the history, mostly based the nation's aesthetics off of early middle age (is Dark Age not PC enough?) Anglo-Saxon Britain.

Civilization name: Ríce Fyrhþ
Language name: Stefnlang
Nation on map: In the brown

Capital : Cynestol Alwealda
Leader and title: Brytencyning (High King) Aldenric

Religion name: Ealdorlangard (The Eternal World)
General rundown of mythology: The first intelligence in existence was the being known as the Heahfæder. He was the father of the gods and of mankind, though he created the gods first. The two generations of children could not get along with each other, and the men eventually waged war against the gods and he was forced to intervene. He separated the two, punishing mankind by confining their spirits in bodies of flesh and giving them a flawed and dangerous world. They would learn respect for their brethren the gods and reunite with them when they died. However, the strain of creating the two realms and separating them caused him to nearly perish. Heahfæder entered a coma, and the fluctuations in the separation of the two realms occur when he comes close to waking again.

Since the separation the gods have appeared to mankind, guiding them and teaching them, showing their forgiveness for the feud that tore them apart. The gods seek to reunite the two peoples once more so they can live together in harmony. Pantheons are vast and varied because of the only recently abandoned oral tradition, with individual families having many gods of their own and including their ancestors into the pantheons as well. The people have only recently started to write these myths down on parchment and carve them in stone.
Afterlife description: When a man or woman dies their bodies must be embalmed and buried within a cairn, mound, or other tomb so that their body cannot be destroyed. They believe that if the body is destroyed (burned to ash in a fire, lost at sea, eaten by animals) then their soul will be without form and void becoming feral and dangerous, not to mention losing its humanity. A person will enter a kinder, better version of the human world. The gods dwell there, as to the spirits of the ancestors. There is no sickness, death, or malice there. It is peaceful and the person is one with nature in a way that is impossible in our world. At times the separation between the worlds becomes thin, allowing the gods and the dead to communicate to the living. Feral souls can wreak havoc upon the world when the separation is thin, causing famines, plagues, and other disasters. Once in this new world mortals begin to grow, returning to their state of immortal glory over time.

Relatives and friends pay visits to the tomb and place gifts and offerings, sometimes treasures (if a wealthy family) or other wholesome things (flowers, 'potions', clothes). The deceased person receives these things in the afterlife. They revere the dead as deities.
Gods: A vast pantheon of gods exists, a result of the old oral tradition of the myths. Every family would have gods and different names for gods. However their chief god, often called by variations on Heahfæder exists in all variations of the pantheon.
Demons: There are many monsters and creatures in their myths, most of whom are slain by valiant heroes. These monsters are animals that have been corrupted by feral spirits and turned to bloodlust and terror.
Religious Human leaders: Druids lead the religious ceremonies of the people, which occur during most holidays as well as childbirths, coming of age ceremonies, funerals, and sacrifices. There is usually at least one druid for every village, and there are more druids in larger towns and settlements.

There has been a line of 'Speakers for the Gods' that has continued from person to person since time beyond reckoning. This Speaker selects a successor upon his ascension to his seat, and when he dies the successor ascends and repeats the process of selection. The Speaker is a prophet, the person that the gods will speak to to give revelations to the druids, and the druids then relay those to the people. The Speaker only addresses the people directly during the solstices and equinoxes.
Commandments: There is a clear separation between the requirements of the law and the requirements of the gods (theft and murder are not handled by druids, that is for the lawkeepers to handle). The people are required to make sacrifices yearly, generally an animal (human sacrifice is not prohibited, but generally frowned upon). A druid must officiate the sacrifice, and if they do not officiate then the sacrifice does not reach the gods. The people are also encouraged to make a visit to the family burial site at least once a year to give offerings to the dead. There is no real enforcement of these requirements though, because they don't really have a census to keep track of every sacrifice. Its mostly a formality, though most people do these things anyway and don't try to weasel out.

Holidays: Birth and death dates are extremely important, and individual families will generally hold celebrations on these days for living members and noteworthy ancestors. The solstices and equinoxes are also of great import to the people, and there are lengthy festivals and celebrations during these times. There are other minor holidays that correspond to various historical events.
Customs: Despite the culture beginning to move towards written histories and myths, most celebrations still have verbal accounts of mythological and legendary events. These are either recounted by druids (and at times the Speaker), or the eldest woman of a family.
Gender roles: Men do most of the manual labor and are expected to protect the household against threats. If the King calls them to war then they must go out of duty to protect their family. Women maintain the household and are generally assisted by the children. Women are not legally prohibited from becoming druids or holding noble titles, though it is rare. Despite this disparity, roughly half of the Speakers in history have been women. Women are also expected to carry on the verbal histories and hold a high place during celebrations and ceremonies.
Family structure: Men are always the head of a household. If a man dies and has had at least one child by his wife, then she is to be treated as a widow and placed under the care of the closest male relative. If there is no male relative to care for her and her children then the local Brego (lord or earl), King, and in some cases even the High King may assign her to a male family. If a woman has no children then she is expected to remarry unless she is no longer able to bear a child, then the aforementioned system applies.
Fashion: The majority of women wear gowns of modest design and material, though the more wealthy tend to sport more extravagant colours and designs. These gowns generally sport at least one brooch, usually simple in make, and can be either belted or girdled. It is common to find women with shawls of similar make to their gowns. Women generally cut their hair only a few times in their life, unless there are dire circumstances. This is when their husband goes to war (they cut a lock of hair for him to keep with him), when their husband dies (they cut their hair to shoulder length), or when their child dies (hair is shorn almost completely away).

Men dress alike regardless of rank or social status, though the materials used in more wealthy attire is noticeably better than that in average wear. Men generally wear a tunic with trousers and leggings, and nearly every man sports a cloak that is draped over one shoulder and fastened over the other with a brooch. Though some cloaks are made of thick hide or fur, most do not serve a functional purpose beyond simple attire. Younger men are generally clean shaven and have short hair, while adults let their hair and beards grow, though there are exceptions.

Both men and women often wear simple circlets of varying make, with most made of cloth or weave, and some made of bronze, copper, iron, or gold.
How and or when does one reach adulthood?: A youth comes of age at 16, though is not usually considered an adult until 18 or 20. Once you are of age you are expected to marry, though you remain in your family's household (the wife moves in with the husband's family) and work for him until he deems that you are mature enough to set out on your own. Often this results in the young adult making a new house near to his family, causing close knit familial communities. Ceremonies officiated by a druid are held on a coming of age, lots of dancing, singing, and wrestling or other physical activities commence. Depending on how proactive a family was, a joint marriage and coming of age ceremony could be held, wedding the two youths right as they were old enough. This is generally an excuse for a bigger party.
Marriage: Marriage between higher class families is often arranged. Lower and middle class families often have voluntary marriages (at least from the male perspective) and the father of the bride is paid some form of dowry.
Music: Music is often played with wooden flutes, seven-string lyres, and simple animal skin drums. Singing is generally quite simple, and some singers simply just speak the words in chant rather than fully sing.
Most important virtue in life: Duty; duty to one's family, to one's King, and to the Heahfæder.

Terrain/s present in nation: Most of the land is filled with rolling hills and dense forests, it is easy land to traverse by foot or by horse.
Agriculture, fishing, hunting; which is the most prominent source of food in your civ?: Farms are extremely common all over the land, providing a source of wheat, cheese, and meat for the people, as well as wool from sheep for clothing. Hunting is used occasionally in smaller villages. For settlements on the coasts of the Bretenanmere (the lake at the center of the Kingdom), fishing also provides a source of food for the people.
Tell how bountiful your harvests are and what crops you mostly grow: Wheat and other grains are the most commonly sewn crop, as they is filling for the belly and can feed many people and animals. The harvests are by no means exceptional, but the soil is good and the yields are steady from year to year.
How are items bought and sold in your civ: Money is a new concept to the people, and they would prefer to use precious metals for jewelry and arts rather than means of exchange. However, gold, silver, copper, and bronze coins are used for trading with outsiders. Among most people goods and services are tradeable among the people. It is quite common for people to trade Gafol (debts, bonds; essentially an IOU) with each other for food or materials. Taxes are collected in the form of goods as well. A farmer is expected to give to the Brego in whose lands he lives a portion of his harvest, a fisherman a portion of his fish, a weaver a portion of his cloth, and so forth. Money can be collected and traded if available.

Number of people living in your civ: ~632,000
Nomadic or stationary: Stationary
Does slavery exist: Slavery exists in a sense. If a person cannot pay back his gafol within a certain period of time then he is made a servant of his gafol holder until the holder decides that the debt is paid. The servant's excess (food collected beyond his taxes and what he needs to feed himself), is not traded or sold to another person and must be given to the holder for him to trade and sell. Most geeofot (lengths of time that a gafol is paid) last no more than a year.
Describe the appearance of your average male and female citizen:

How many soldiers do you have: 7,430 Professional soldiers (huscarls and other retainers), roughly 75,000 levies are brought up to defend the nation in times of war, this number can be smaller or larger depending on how much of a threat the enemy is. Maximum would be 180,000 and that would probably result in a serious revolt within a few months unless it's the end times.
Political System: The Kingdom is ruled by a High King, who is seen as a 'first among equals' with the rest of the Kings. They defer to him in military and lawful matters, but he would never dare interfere with how they ran their Kingdom without them asking for help first. The hierarchy is that of the High King at the top (rules a Kingdom and speaks for the Fyrhþ as a whole), then Kings (who rule Kingdoms), then a Brego (who rules a division of a Kingdom), and a Brego may appoint a þegn to lead a small village or settlement. þegns do not hold a noble title and a þegnship does not get passed down to a child.

The High King is elected by council of all Kings following the death of the previous High King. The High King selected a successor, who would receive two votes. All Children of the High King would receive one vote (if the High King selects one of his Children to be his successor then he/she now has three votes). More often than not the Kings throw their support behind the High King's chosen successor, though there have been upsets in the past. Kings have succession by Male-preference primogeniture, as does a Brego.
Main mode of travel: Most people have little need to travel more than a village or two away and therefore travel mostly on foot, but horses or carts are a fairly common sight between larger settlements.
What powers do your civs' leader/s posses; how do they gain power?: Explained above.
Distinct classes in your society: Most jobs are hereditary. If your father was a farmer, you will probably be a farmer. If you're a farmer, don't expect to have a lot of access to foreign dyes or materials for fancy clothes. There is very little upward or lateral mobility, you're generally stuck in place unless you distinguish yourself and then you might become a þegn or a huscarl.
Flaws inherent in your society: Fairly simple minded and content, no desire for world conquest or expansion, and technology doesn't advance very fast.

History of your civ: WIP
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:26 am

I Will post soon. But im not in da mão or anything. Y tho?

St George Territory
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby St George Territory » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:34 am

Skarten wrote:I Will post soon. But im not in da mão or anything. Y tho?

I'm really far behind on everything

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Seeing as Georgy is quite busy at the moment, if you guys could Post your expansions/new lands images again, I'll get a map update.
Long live the Kingdom

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 pm

As of now, this is what I have for the new map. (Granluras, you're in grey.)

Last edited by Ifaltannia on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long live the Kingdom

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Second Draft. Skarten you are in Purple. I gave Granluras the tip of you nation as you both claimed it. I already cut down his claim so it was only fair. In return, I've fattened up your western and eatern borders and given you a wider border with Granluras.

Long live the Kingdom

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Edit: Quoted wrong app =/
Last edited by Ifaltannia on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long live the Kingdom

Ifaltannia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ifaltannia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Strala wrote:what do I need to add

You're accepted

Strala, could you send a link of your map claim please. I can't access it. You've already been accepted but it would be nice to see you on the map :)
Long live the Kingdom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse