NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I originally once attempted to do a Bioshock RP, which I want to reboot. However, I want to do a world building thread where I have people list ideas for Bioshock-esque cities, which I make a series of polls to determine the time period and how it functions.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Suryak
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:31 pm

My IC is in arts and fiction, how can i move the thread?
Private First Class of The Black Hawks

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Suryak wrote:My IC is in arts and fiction, how can i move the thread?

This is the thread to request a move.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I originally once attempted to do a Bioshock RP, which I want to reboot. However, I want to do a world building thread where I have people list ideas for Bioshock-esque cities, which I make a series of polls to determine the time period and how it functions.

Well... let's see; a flying city has been done. An underwater city has....

Suggestion
Underground City
Refuge

Biopunk aspect could involve glow worms similar to the sea slugs of Rapture.

Perhaps the creator believes that a coming war has some religious significance.

(from the History of Jehovah's Witnesses)

He (Russel) believed the "time of the end" in Daniel 12 ran from 1799 to 1914, that Christ had returned to earth in 1874, began his reign in 1878 and that from that date the anointed had been resurrected to heaven at their death. He initially taught that Armageddon had begun in 1874, which would culminate in worldwide anarchy and the overthrow of all political rulership in 1914 at the conclusion of the "times of the Gentiles", but by 1897 began to teach that Armageddon would instead begin in 1914. The earthly part of God's kingdom would be administered from Jerusalem in a re-established nation of Israel and under the control of the resurrected ancient Jewish prophets. All of mankind would over time be resurrected to earth in reverse order of death, Adam and Eve being the last, and be given the instruction and guidance necessary to prove themselves obedient to God in order to attain eternal life. Early in the resurrection, "ancient worthies" including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be raised to occupy positions of overseers and representatives of the invisible heavenly government ruling from Jerusalem. The Millennial Age, which he believed had begun in 1874, would run to 2874 or 2914 AD, when a test of earth's inhabitants would decide their ultimate destinies, to life or everlasting death.

My proposal is that this man have formerly been a Witness but went down a different path of faith before establishing this city (Refuge being a working name you may altered).

I think that covers two of Bioshock's staple yes?
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:What if you have an idea for an RP you really want to make and can't stop thinking about, but you also have had zero energy to write anything for the last month or so?

Kind of in a similiar place here- wanting to mention an idea I have but only having a setting and no real concept regarding what to do with the setting. In your case I propose letting us know what you have in mind as you'll get the energy sometime and perhaps others will help with that. It'll help you avoid what I'm in- writing a post regarding my idea and then deleting the draft :/ so... yeah you mindsawell let us know what's nagging your mind so you don't start thinking about and say 'wow I should have posted something about this earlier' when you do get the energy.

The islands of the Spine of Myrex are home to two species, the native Horned Ones and later human colonists. To their west on the mainland are the Sages. Xanthix, the most important god/culture hero of the Horned Ones, has descended from the heavens. Seething with rage, he claimed that the Sages and their chief god Eri are planning to attack the Spine, and that the Horned Ones must prepare for war. This claim proved correct when an army of Sages assisted by unnatural monsters attacked the city of Iphignos and burned it to the ground. Outraged, the many petty rulers of the Spine (including the former ruler of Iphignos.) swore to follow Xanthix and help him avenge this crime.

Xanthix, as the god of the earth and the metals found therein, has provided his people with knowledge of advanced technology to even the odds of the war. (In response to Eri (a fertility god) giving the Sages advanced biotechnology.) Adoption of these technologies is haphazard and imperfect due to the short timeframe in which they were introduced, resulting in a strange mishmash of Bronze Age and sci-fi technologies, where you might find the pilot of a levitating car switching to autopilot so he can throw a spear at an enemy, and enormous highly-advanced war machines are built by hand by skilled craftsmen rather than on an assembly line.

The war between the Sages and the Horned Ones and their human allies has raged for almost ninety years now, and has thusfar been a stalemate, as neither faction has managed to advance further than the beaches of their enemy's homeland. Xanthix, now the de facto ruler of a united Spine of Myrex, seeks to change this. He has ordered his most trusted general, Perix of Andernos, to assemble a group of soldiers to travel deep into the heart of the Sagely lands to the city of Tel Ascis. It is speculated that the aim of this mission is to kill Eri and end the war, but neither Xanthix nor Perix has confirmed this. RPers would take the role of a soldier on this mission.

I originally envisioned this RP as being "giant magitech Talos-esque mechas vs. giant magibiotech monsters inspired equally by mythological creatures and modern kaiju", but while I like that idea I worry that it might be received as overly juvenile, so I'd be willing to change that to normal-sized magitech soldiers versus normal-sized monsters. The meat of the RP would not just be fighting through the Sagely lands to complete the mission, but also figuring out the various mysteries of the setting, such as why the Sages declared war, and what the team will need to do when they reach Tel Ascis. The RP would be set in the early history of a world I've been building onto as a hobby for years now, so there's plenty of lore to use as fodder for adventures. (Other races, monsters other than the Sagely bioweapons, various inscrutable deities, etc.) RPers would be able to RP as both humans and Horned Ones.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Kind of in a similiar place here- wanting to mention an idea I have but only having a setting and no real concept regarding what to do with the setting. In your case I propose letting us know what you have in mind as you'll get the energy sometime and perhaps others will help with that. It'll help you avoid what I'm in- writing a post regarding my idea and then deleting the draft :/ so... yeah you mindsawell let us know what's nagging your mind so you don't start thinking about and say 'wow I should have posted something about this earlier' when you do get the energy.

The islands of the Spine of Myrex are home to two species, the native Horned Ones and later human colonists. To their west on the mainland are the Sages. Xanthix, the most important god/culture hero of the Horned Ones, has descended from the heavens. Seething with rage, he claimed that the Sages and their chief god Eri are planning to attack the Spine, and that the Horned Ones must prepare for war. This claim proved correct when an army of Sages assisted by unnatural monsters attacked the city of Iphignos and burned it to the ground. Outraged, the many petty rulers of the Spine (including the former ruler of Iphignos.) swore to follow Xanthix and help him avenge this crime.

Xanthix, as the god of the earth and the metals found therein, has provided his people with knowledge of advanced technology to even the odds of the war. (In response to Eri (a fertility god) giving the Sages advanced biotechnology.) Adoption of these technologies is haphazard and imperfect due to the short timeframe in which they were introduced, resulting in a strange mishmash of Bronze Age and sci-fi technologies, where you might find the pilot of a levitating car switching to autopilot so he can throw a spear at an enemy, and enormous highly-advanced war machines are built by hand by skilled craftsmen rather than on an assembly line.

The war between the Sages and the Horned Ones and their human allies has raged for almost ninety years now, and has thusfar been a stalemate, as neither faction has managed to advance further than the beaches of their enemy's homeland. Xanthix, now the de facto ruler of a united Spine of Myrex, seeks to change this. He has ordered his most trusted general, Perix of Andernos, to assemble a group of soldiers to travel deep into the heart of the Sagely lands to the city of Tel Ascis. It is speculated that the aim of this mission is to kill Eri and end the war, but neither Xanthix nor Perix has confirmed this. RPers would take the role of a soldier on this mission.

I originally envisioned this RP as being "giant magitech Talos-esque mechas vs. giant magibiotech monsters inspired equally by mythological creatures and modern kaiju", but while I like that idea I worry that it might be received as overly juvenile, so I'd be willing to change that to normal-sized magitech soldiers versus normal-sized monsters. The meat of the RP would not just be fighting through the Sagely lands to complete the mission, but also figuring out the various mysteries of the setting, such as why the Sages declared war, and what the team will need to do when they reach Tel Ascis. The RP would be set in the early history of a world I've been building onto as a hobby for years now, so there's plenty of lore to use as fodder for adventures. (Other races, monsters other than the Sagely bioweapons, various inscrutable deities, etc.) RPers would be able to RP as both humans and Horned Ones.

This is unlike anything I'm familiar with.
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:The islands of the Spine of Myrex are home to two species, the native Horned Ones and later human colonists. To their west on the mainland are the Sages. Xanthix, the most important god/culture hero of the Horned Ones, has descended from the heavens. Seething with rage, he claimed that the Sages and their chief god Eri are planning to attack the Spine, and that the Horned Ones must prepare for war. This claim proved correct when an army of Sages assisted by unnatural monsters attacked the city of Iphignos and burned it to the ground. Outraged, the many petty rulers of the Spine (including the former ruler of Iphignos.) swore to follow Xanthix and help him avenge this crime.

This is unlike anything I'm familiar with.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Harbertia wrote:This is unlike anything I'm familiar with.

It's great to see something fresh but this is uncharted territory for me. Thus I am with out experience to advice on it. It's not a bad thing- it just means that a few bumps here and there will be hit - like growing pains until it works out :) Kind of like a Stonewheel becoming a Woodenwheel- which makes it lighter, faster, and more abundant. Kind of brings to my mind a bit of um... Dago I think is the name. It's a world that's different then anything really familiar. It will be good- you'll be having a player base made of those willing to take a step into something unknown.

I- kind of feel this concept would have the same issue- except this one doesn't benefit from a plot like your project does.

GAMMA WORLD

At the dawn of the 24th century (the year 2301), the social issues of the previous decades exploded into global conflicts in which every part and member of society was involved. Civilization was destroyed in the sweep of these Social Wars as the lasers, biogenic agents, and nuclear warheads took their toll. Those who survived soon found them selves witnessing a biogenic revolution as animals like none other soon repopulated the Earth.

= DAYWALKER / NIGHTWALKER =

Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Mutations[/b][: (either [url=https://the-titans-rp-and-information.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Dependency]Light[/url] or [url=https://the-titans-rp-and-information.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Dependency]Dark Dependency[/url] and up to two others)

NOTE: Concept is that players are divided between Daywalkers and Nightwalkers as the RP examines paranoia, mystery, division, and conflict with something about the ruins between these two groups- I dont' know what though.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I originally once attempted to do a Bioshock RP, which I want to reboot. However, I want to do a world building thread where I have people list ideas for Bioshock-esque cities, which I make a series of polls to determine the time period and how it functions.

Suggestion
Underground City
Refuge

He (Russel) believed the "time of the end" in Daniel 12 ran from 1799 to 1914, that Christ had returned to earth in 1874, began his reign in 1878 and that from that date the anointed had been resurrected to heaven at their death. He initially taught that Armageddon had begun in 1874, which would culminate in worldwide anarchy and the overthrow of all political rulership in 1914 at the conclusion of the "times of the Gentiles", but by 1897 began to teach that Armageddon would instead begin in 1914. The earthly part of God's kingdom would be administered from Jerusalem in a re-established nation of Israel and under the control of the resurrected ancient Jewish prophets. All of mankind would over time be resurrected to earth in reverse order of death, Adam and Eve being the last, and be given the instruction and guidance necessary to prove themselves obedient to God in order to attain eternal life. Early in the resurrection, "ancient worthies" including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be raised to occupy positions of overseers and representatives of the invisible heavenly government ruling from Jerusalem. The Millennial Age, which he believed had begun in 1874, would run to 2874 or 2914 AD, when a test of earth's inhabitants would decide their ultimate destinies, to life or everlasting death.

My proposal is that this man have formerly been a Witness but went down a different path of faith before establishing this city (Refuge being a working name you may altered).

Here was the original interest thread I used to construct the world building for the Bioshock RP.
And here was the official RP crafted up from ideas that was voted from the polls.

The original concept was to take place in an underground city called Hansbach that was created in 1950, along the same time as Rapture, that is very 60's and 70's themed. The city ideology was based around post-WW2 Nazism, where after a civil war happened in 1975, the city ended up in ruins with many survivors stuck in the bottom of the earth. Set in 1998, players were to play as survivors of a shipwreck or uncrazed survivors of Hansbach. I wished to have a Reboot of the Bioshock RP, however I want to craft another interest thread to see if people have different ideas that they want to suggest.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Well... let's see; a flying city has been done. An underwater city has....

Suggestion
Underground City
Refuge

Here was the original interest thread I used to construct the world building for the Bioshock RP.
And here was the official RP crafted up from ideas that was voted from the polls.

The original concept was to take place in an underground city called Hansbach that was created in 1950, along the same time as Rapture, that is very 60's and 70's themed. The city ideology was based around post-WW2 Nazism, where after a civil war happened in 1975, the city ended up in ruins with many survivors stuck in the bottom of the earth. Set in 1998, players were to play as survivors of a shipwreck or uncrazed survivors of Hansbach. I wished to have a Reboot of the Bioshock RP, however I want to craft another interest thread to see if people have different ideas that they want to suggest.

Go for it.
Tomorrow is made today.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Suryak wrote:My IC is in arts and fiction, how can i move the thread?

I would simply go to the post you made, select all and copy it, and then paste it in a new post in P2TM. Then go back and delete the other one.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Harbertia wrote:This is unlike anything I'm familiar with.

Finding art will also be a challenge. The closest I can think of is the Dreanari from world of Warcraft with... Hmm... Magetech is already an uncommon genre. Hmm... I can't think of a good image source but as stated this is unfamiliar ground to me.
Tomorrow is made today.

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:51 pm

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: A sort of convergence of various universes, where players will combat various kaiju in mechs, robots, and other special vehicles. Oh, and to clarify, yes, the Kaiju will be from established universes. Can your combined efforts defeat the King of the Monsters or the Eighth Wonder of the World?
Genre/s: Mech, Kaiju, Action
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: Welcome to the Kaiju Crisis Response and Suppression Agency, or KCRSA, Recruit! We hope you'll make it to becoming a fully registered pilot, and we'll help you get there! Ever since the Tokyo Incident the entire world has been working together to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again. They've pooled their resources to fund this Agency, and its efforts to build a military force capable of fighting super massive creatures. Here at KCRSA HQ we managed to build the first WorldGate allowing us access to the technology of other realities. Using their advanced weaponry we should be able to fight the kaiju. However, we've lost track of the monsters left. Remember to be alert at all times, and notify us if you have any reason to believe a kaiju attack will occur.

Need Help With: Nothing right now

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:55 pm

Firaxin wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: A sort of convergence of various universes, where players will combat various kaiju in mechs, robots, and other special vehicles. Oh, and to clarify, yes, the Kaiju will be from established universes. Can your combined efforts defeat the King of the Monsters or the Eighth Wonder of the World?
Genre/s: Mech, Kaiju, Action
Detailed Description: Welcome to the Kaiju Crisis Response and Suppression Agency, or KCRSA, Recruit! We hope you'll make it to becoming a fully registered pilot, and we'll help you get there! Ever since the Tokyo Incident the entire world has been working together to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again. They've pooled their resources to fund this Agency, and its efforts to build a military force capable of fighting super massive creatures. Here at KCRSA HQ we managed to build the first WorldGate allowing us access to the technology of other realities. Using their advanced weaponry we should be able to fight the kaiju. However, we've lost track of the monsters left. Remember to be alert at all times, and notify us if you have any reason to believe a kaiju attack will occur.

Need Help With: Nothing right now

This looks pretty cool. I may not be able to participate, but it still looks cool.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Suggestion
Underground City
Refuge

I got an interest thread to list down some ideas. Feel free to add some to the thread.

RPs I do

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Terranihil » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:43 am

z
Last edited by Terranihil on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:49 am

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: A convoy traveling across a post-apocalyptic American West.
Genre/s: Apocalyptic
Detailed Description:
Five years ago, global warming hit. America's coastlines were swallowed up. Refugees fleeing northwards from Louisiana brought an unknown disease with them. The virus was extremely contagious, but symptoms would not start showing up for about two weeks after infection. That little thing allowed for much of the world's population to be quickly infected. There was a catch. Only half of the world's population died. The other half was immune. Many heads of state, including POTUS were killed by the disease. The world collapsed into anarchy. In the US, cities became the only relatively safe places. Oftentimes, the only way to trade and move supplies is over the old interstate highway system, sort of like the wagon trains of old.

Need Help With:
Lore, maps

Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009

Postby Olthenia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:34 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: A convoy traveling across a post-apocalyptic American West.
Detailed Description:
Five years ago, global warming hit. America's coastlines were swallowed up. Refugees fleeing northwards from Louisiana brought an unknown disease with them. The virus was extremely contagious, but symptoms would not start showing up for about two weeks after infection. That little thing allowed for much of the world's population to be quickly infected. There was a catch. Only half of the world's population died. The other half was immune. Many heads of state, including POTUS were killed by the disease. The world collapsed into anarchy. In the US, cities became the only relatively safe places. Oftentimes, the only way to trade and move supplies is over the old interstate highway system, sort of like the wagon trains of old.

Need Help With:
Lore, maps

Interesting! What sort of lore are you looking for, subject-wise?

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:44 am

Detailed Description:

Need Help With:
Lore, maps

I like doing lore. What are you thinking of?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

Terranihil wrote:Anyone planning on doing a deity RP? I've been reading a bunch of Greek lit, and I'm in the mood.

I'd like to join one though to answer I have been thinking of relaunching my 'Peecy Jackson' inspired Modern Mythos RP which did not use real world mythology but the players regardless made the world Earth.

In light of how that happened despite my intentions I am also considering a reboot rather then a relaunch. To have Modern Mythos with Greek mythology.

Modern Mythos has factions that make it distinct from Percy Jackson; isolations seeking to remain hidden, integrationist who want to merg with the modern world, and Renesiance- the faction that hosts the camp.

It seems to restore the demigod monarchies of old.

But still I ask; if I reboot it with Greek mythology as players will make the setting Earth, ...is it different enough from Percy Jackson to warrant being it's own thing?
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Detailed Description:

Need Help With:
Lore, maps

I like doing lore. What are you thinking of?

I'm mainly trying to figure out what year I should set it in. I want to set it sometime in the next 20-30 years.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:26 am

Terranihil wrote:Anyone planning on doing a deity RP? I've been reading a bunch of Greek lit, and I'm in the mood.

I was working on one a few months ago, it was going to be more story-focused than the average deity RP, revolving around the mysterious death of the Zeus-esque king of the gods, and the resulting succession crisis. aybe I should work on that, rather than my other idea... either way, I should probably try to pick one concept and execute it, rather than bouncing between ideas at random depending on whatever I'm interested in on a given day. (What I'm doing right now.)
Signatures are so 2014.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:I like doing lore. What are you thinking of?

Hey Comms. If you like doing lore, you should join my RP, Autoduel. Lot's of worldbuilding there to come up with in not exactly a post-apoc setting, but kind of. 50 years in the future, and the biggest sport in town is armored, weaponized car combats.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:I like doing lore. What are you thinking of?

I'm mainly trying to figure out what year I should set it in. I want to set it sometime in the next 20-30 years.

Hmmmm, let's see... I mean, all the things you mentioned could happen really quickly. Cataclysmic floods could happen in the next five years. However, I would perhaps make the disease come from the north rather than the south. There are plenty of diseases hidden in the permafrost, and once they thaw, could be released into any given population. So, perhaps the disease can come from Canada. With regards to population numbers, you should watch out. Technology levels and economic advancement are often directly linked to the population. The world had half its current population somewhere in the sixties. So, you might want to kill off even more people if you want to create anarchy.

Talchyon wrote:

Hey Comms. If you like doing lore, you should join my RP, Autoduel. Lot's of worldbuilding there to come up with in not exactly a post-apoc setting, but kind of. 50 years in the future, and the biggest sport in town is armored, weaponized car combats.

Well well well, I will look into that!
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:56 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'm mainly trying to figure out what year I should set it in. I want to set it sometime in the next 20-30 years.

Hmmmm, let's see... I mean, all the things you mentioned could happen really quickly. Cataclysmic floods could happen in the next five years. However, I would perhaps make the disease come from the north rather than the south. There are plenty of diseases hidden in the permafrost, and once they thaw, could be released into any given population. So, perhaps the disease can come from Canada. With regards to population numbers, you should watch out. Technology levels and economic advancement are often directly linked to the population. The world had half its current population somewhere in the sixties. So, you might want to kill off even more people if you want to create anarchy.

Talchyon wrote:

Well well well, I will look into that!

Originally I was thinking 3/4 of the world's population is dead, but I thought it was too drastic, so I changed it. Now that you mention it, that should work. And I like the permafrost idea. That's more plausible. Thanks!
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse