NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:03 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Harbertia wrote:You can indeed call me Harb and I'm pleased to have my assistance welcomed. I tried to find a real Nazi bio-engineer for your RP's lore but all I found was a man named Heck who wanted to bring extinct animals back to life by breeding them into existence using their decedents. Heck's work caught the attention of Goring who apparently wanted to hunt mythical creatures or something.... so I couldn't find someone for you to use in your lore but I tried.

My original plan involved using a fictional Nazi officer/director for the project anyway; seeing as this is an alt-history / sci-fi RP, I think it should be fine. But thanks. I'm thankful for the help.

Now I just need to decide on the mechanics of the thing (post-by-post RP as is standard or a different method) as well as how players interact with it (character-basis, no faction requirement vs. faction requirement and a faction/sub-faction application capability etc.).

One more thing before I get into mechanics

Alright, for this RP the question you have to ask is where do you want the narrative to be focused? If you the frontline soldiers opinion do character- if you want a big picture RP (where focus is on politics or strategy) do faction especially if your ready to mediate the actions of both to make the game fair. If you don't want players to have control over when or where the parasite is unleased- do a character RP. Where in you'd control the generals and command structures of both sides.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
My original plan involved using a fictional Nazi officer/director for the project anyway; seeing as this is an alt-history / sci-fi RP, I think it should be fine. But thanks. I'm thankful for the help.

Now I just need to decide on the mechanics of the thing (post-by-post RP as is standard or a different method) as well as how players interact with it (character-basis, no faction requirement vs. faction requirement and a faction/sub-faction application capability etc.).

One more thing before I get into mechanics

Alright, for this RP the question you have to ask is where do you want the narrative to be focused? If you the frontline soldiers opinion do character- if you want a big picture RP (where focus is on politics or strategy) do faction especially if your ready to mediate the actions of both to make the game fair. If you don't want players to have control over when or where the parasite is unleased- do a character RP. Where in you'd control the generals and command structures of both sides.

I was thinking a sorta mix between sandbox RP and plot-driven RP, giving people the opportunity to try and play survivors in European 'safe zones' or even in areas where the Infected reign supreme just as often as they could also play military characters trying to deal with the Infected or policing those same safe zones, etc.

Mystra
Attaché

Founded: Mar 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:48 pm

How do you feel about a God role play like I mentioned earlier. Only you have to go on quest to earn your god hood in the first place?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Harbertia wrote:One more thing before I get into mechanics

I was thinking a sorta mix between sandbox RP and plot-driven RP, giving people the opportunity to try and play survivors in European 'safe zones' or even in areas where the Infected reign supreme just as often as they could also play military characters trying to deal with the Infected or policing those same safe zones, etc.

OH! That's easy to do!

Your host a character RP but in the application a characters has to be assigned to a faction (which you as OP control in the form of NPCs).

These factions would include survivors, various military groups, and even rogue elements such as rebels who where soldiers. This provides a mix of both worlds.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Mystra wrote:How do you feel about a God role play like I mentioned earlier. Only you have to go on quest to earn your god hood in the first place?

eh, not as estatatic for the idea. Especially if we have to kill a god to get godhood as that means the same can be done to my character. If it's a sponsor thing; I'd be ok with it ONLY if we where demigods before obtaining godhood. Thus the sponsorships and quests.
Tomorrow is made today.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Mystra wrote:How do you feel about a God role play like I mentioned earlier. Only you have to go on quest to earn your god hood in the first place?

eh, not as estatatic for the idea. Especially if we have to kill a god to get godhood as that means the same can be done to my character. If it's a sponsor thing; I'd be ok with it ONLY if we where demigods before obtaining godhood. Thus the sponsorships and quests.

What about a case by case basis?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Mystra wrote:
Harbertia wrote:eh, not as estatatic for the idea. Especially if we have to kill a god to get godhood as that means the same can be done to my character. If it's a sponsor thing; I'd be ok with it ONLY if we where demigods before obtaining godhood. Thus the sponsorships and quests.

What about a case by case basis?

Still wouldn't change that I could be dueled and lose- but- yeah that opens up the player base :nods:
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Given that some people have expressed interest in my idea, I thought I would write up something official for it.

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: With the days of the two divine wars long behind them, the gods have lived in peace for many millennia. However, the death of Despater, king of the gods, and the ascension of his unpopular daughter Nerak to his throne, threatens to shatter that peace and begin a multi-front war between three divine factions.
Genre/s: Fantasy, deity, (somewhat) urban fantasy (The "mortal plane" is our universe, and some events could take place there, and I envisioned the gods as having a subtle science-fantasy aesthetic.)
Character or Faction Based: Character-based
Detailed Description:

At the beginning, there was Ix Nehil, the three-headed, six-armed god of fate. Ix Nehil exists for no reason and serves no purpose, for reason and purpose postdate it. Ix Nehil created the two planes of existence, the mortal plane and the divine plane, and had a child with itself. Ix Nehil's child was a two-headed serpent. The right head was Idanus, god of the celestial abyss, and the left head was Byssa, goddess of the oceans and primordial life.

Idanus and Byssa gave birth to several more children. The first children to be born of their union were the Universal Spiders, enormous invisible arachnids. The Spiders entered the mortal plane and weaved great webs made of dark matter and galaxy filaments, birthing the beginnings of the cosmos. The second children to be born of Idanus and Byssa were another generation of gods, and the most powerful and charismatic of those children was Despater, the god of light. Idanus and Byssa also took other partners, from which other gods were born. The most notable of these was Khthon, the god of souls, who was born to Byssa and a Universal Spider.

Idanus and Byssa claimed the lands of the divine plane as their own. Byssa and the gods she favoured filled the infinite flat surface of the plain with every form of life one could imagine, and subsequently their territory was named Dilmun.

The gods spread and feuded and talked and created and destroyed, which annoyed Idanus to no end. Idanus was the god of the endless silent void, and such cacophony was anathema to him. While Byssa slept, Idanus secretly gave instructions to his favourite children, the Spiders, to prepare for a war of extermination against the gods. Idanus took great care to keep his plans secret, but they were heard by a lowly attendant who lingered at the door of Idanus and Byssa's room.

The attendant fled to the mortal plane and gathered many other gods, telling them of Idanus' treachery. All were outraged, and turned to Despater, the greatest warrior among them, to fight against Idanus. Despater said that he would fight for them, but only if they swore to serve him as King of the Gods. While many gods saw Despater's demand as a betrayal, others already believed he should be king and thus were happy to swear to serve him. Chief among Despater's supporters was his half-brother Khthon, who recruited many previously-reluctant gods into their army.

Not long afterwards, Byssa had begun to distrust Idanus, who was avoidant whenever she asked what he had done while she was asleep. So one night, she feigned sleep while keeping one eye open, and saw Idanus plotting with the Spiders. Horrified by her husband's plans, she began to plot against him as well.

Despater had a magic spear called "Thunderclap" forged and marched to war with his followers, striking at the Universal Spiders with an ambush and killing them in the thousands. Not long into the war, Despater had his hand bitten off by a Spider. From the blood that spilled from his stump was born Nerak, goddess of sunlight and the dawn. Nerak was born fully grown and immediately claimed a sword and armour, winning many great victories in her father's name.

When Despater and his followers finally breached Idanus and Byssa's palace in Dilmun, Byssa turned against her husband. She struck his neck with her teeth when he wasn't looking, allowing Despater to cleave it clean off with Thunderclap. While the gods had won their war, the cost was great - the war had been so devastating that it had left a metaphysical "wound" in all of the gods, leaving them with a fraction of their previous power, and the rest of their power rapidly "bleeding" out. Despater devised a solution: creating a race of sapient animals that would perform rituals and make sacrifices, which would sustain the gods and prevent them from weakening further. Thus, humanity was born.

Some gods did not believe creating humanity was a good idea, seeing them as a danger to the natural world they had so carefully shepherded. Others still had no desire to call Despater "king", or believed that Byssa was the better choice. These gods joined Byssa in Dilmun and proclaimed her queen of the gods. Byssa had no desire to start another war, but also had no desire to be a subject of Despater. A deal was struck - Byssa and her followers would symbolically recognize Despater as king of the Gods, but would retain de facto autonomy in the land of Dilmun. Despater, Khthon, Nerak, and the rest of the gods built a vast kingdom of floating cities and palaces in the sky of the divine plane, naming it "Tian". Byssa and the other gods of Dilmun became known as the "Abyssals", while Despater and the other gods of Tian became known as the "Patrons".

Humans soon spread all across the surface of Earth, the planet that the gods had created them on. The Patrons had removed humanity's mortality when they had created them out of apes, under the belief that any being as intelligent as the gods should not have to feel the pain of death. However, this soon became a problem, as overpopulation was causing starvation, disease, and other suffering to flourish on Earth. Despater's lieutenant Khthon proposed a solution - immortality would be taken from humanity, but Khthon would preserve the souls of humans after death and take them to the divine plane.

Despater reacted extremely poorly to his half-brother's suggestion. He stated that death of any kind was a cruel punishment, and that limiting humanity's growth would weaken the power of the gods. Moreover, he accused Khthon of attempting to amass power for himself by collecting these souls, as preparation for a coup attempt. The argument became heated and soon it became clear that the two were about to exchange blows. Nerak, acting as her father's bodyguard, stepped in to protect Despater, but in a moment of rage and panic Khthon stabbed her through the head.

With Nerak in a coma and on the brink of death, a second divine war became inevitable. Khthon fled Despater's palace and gathered support among other gods who wished to see the return of human mortality, either for their own purposes or for the same reasons as Khthon. Fighting was limited, as neither side wanted to repeat the devastation of the first divine war, and most of the Abyssals stayed neutral.

Although the victory was pyrrhic, the Patrons eventually won the war. Khthon and his followers were forced to acknowledge Despater as their king, and were exiled from Tian. However, Khthon was able to get Despater to approve of his plan to reinstate human mortality and create a human afterlife, in exchange for Khthon undoing the crime that began the war. Khthon used his powers to preserve what was left of Nerak's soul and prevent her from truly dying, but the revival was imperfect. Whenever daylight shone on her, she was as alive as she had always been. However, when the Sun set, she became a walking corpse, a pale shadow of her former self.

Khthon and his followers were exiled from Tian and were not allowed to settle in Dilmun, so they burrowed deep beneath the ground of the divine plane and founded a new kingdom, Mictlan. It was there that Khthon and the gods of death established the afterlife. Khthon and the other gods of Mictlan became known as the "Chthonians", in the style of the older two divine hosts.

This fragile peace, maintained by the contradictory assertion that Despater was simultaneously king of all the gods and not truly king of the Abyssals and Chthonians, lasted for millennia. This ended when Despater was found dead in his bedroom a few days ago, impaled on his own spear. Nerak, his eldest child, was named Queen of the Gods, but many among the Abyssals and Chthonians dislike her militaristic views, and many among the Patrons see her as an unnatural being sustained by the dark magic of the Chthonians. In this unstable time, war is likely, if not inevitable.
Need Help With: Miscellaneous worldbuilding, tweaking the details of the setting, (I'm still unsure about some of the names, for example, or Khthon's motivations in the second divine war.) coming up with a plot, (I don't have much beyond vague ideas of what should happen after Despater's death, I can't even decide who killed him.) and I would need two co-ops to RP whichever of the two faction leaders I don't end up RPing. (The three faction leaders being Nerak, Byssa, and Khthon.)

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
Signatures are so 2014.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:05 pm

First of all, naming the deity Despater is kind of unfortunate, it's like naming the king of the Gods Lucifer or something.
But I like the idea so far.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Mystra wrote:First of all, naming the deity Despater is kind of unfortunate, it's like naming the king of the Gods Lucifer or something.

I didn't think of that honestly, I was trying to evoke the Proto-Indo-European sky father deity.
Signatures are so 2014.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Mystra wrote:First of all, naming the deity Despater is kind of unfortunate, it's like naming the king of the Gods Lucifer or something.

I didn't think of that honestly, I was trying to evoke the Proto-Indo-European sky father deity.

Might I suggest Deimos?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Mystra wrote:
Utceforp wrote:I didn't think of that honestly, I was trying to evoke the Proto-Indo-European sky father deity.

Might I suggest Deimos?

Well that's even worse, Deimos is the Greek god of fear.

Actually, I think Despater is fine. He definitely caused some despair at some point, and the two words don't sound that alike.
Last edited by Utceforp on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Mystra wrote:
Might I suggest Deimos?

Well that's even worse, Deimos is the Greek god of fear.

Oh I didn't know that. All I know is that Deimos means "Master" in Latin.

I don't know what your god should be named.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

OH! That's easy to do!

Your host a character RP but in the application a characters has to be assigned to a faction (which you as OP control in the form of NPCs).

These factions would include survivors, various military groups, and even rogue elements such as rebels who where soldiers. This provides a mix of both worlds.

Hmm. That might just work. Thanks, Harb. I'm gonna work out a few other kinks, but so far so good.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Ok quick,

say a character was royalty of a small state with the rest of her immediate family having been killed in a revolution. Say that character has returned seeking to reclaim the throne; where could the character find allies and who would they be? Why would they help the character and to what extend would they be able to aid her efforts? Especially when the new government in the state is keeping her return 'hush hush' despite being aware of it?
Tomorrow is made today.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Harbertia wrote:Ok quick,

say a character was royalty of a small state with the rest of her immediate family having been killed in a revolution. Say that character has returned seeking to reclaim the throne; where could the character find allies and who would they be? Why would they help the character and to what extend would they be able to aid her efforts? Especially when the new government in the state is keeping her return 'hush hush' despite being aware of it?

Probably the "old brass" in the military, say officers and the like that cant be gotten rid of due to there hero status from some previous war, former nobility who lost every thing, the countries equivalent of a conservative party (which to my understanding are rather monarchists in countries that have monarchies that actually rule, like in Prussia for example). Or perhaps, depending on the nature of the revolution, like if it a bloody one or the core ideology of the main body of revolutionaries is to far in one direction of the political scale, the common people may see the returning of a strong monarchy as a blessing.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:44 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Ok quick,

Probably the "old brass" in the military, say officers and the like that cant be gotten rid of due to there hero status from some previous war, former nobility who lost every thing, the countries equivalent of a conservative party (which to my understanding are rather monarchists in countries that have monarchies that actually rule, like in Prussia for example). Or perhaps, depending on the nature of the revolution, like if it a bloody one or the core ideology of the main body of revolutionaries is to far in one direction of the political scale, the common people may see the returning of a strong monarchy as a blessing.

Thanks :) and how fortunate, last night someone decided to play something along those lines and ally with the royal.
Tomorrow is made today.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm

I have an obsession with god role plays.
What about a god role play based on modern day, with our modern day characters taking up the mantle of godhood to lead Mankind in the future? We'd have the power of Pagan gods, only it's the 2020's. Magic suddenly appears out of nowhere, and we can teach mortals to use it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Mystra wrote:I have an obsession with god role plays.
What about a god role play based on modern day, with our modern day characters taking up the mantle of godhood to lead Mankind in the future? We'd have the power of Pagan gods, only it's the 2020's. Magic suddenly appears out of nowhere, and we can teach mortals to use it.

eh... nope nope- nope. I think your forgetting that over 80% of the planet's population are monotheistic and that the three major religions of the world are not going to take kindly to this new order (or old) order. It's not a setting very inductive of social gameplay. Heck thousands will die and the setting will be overtly dystopian.
Tomorrow is made today.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Mystra wrote:I have an obsession with god role plays.

eh... nope nope- nope. I think your forgetting that over 80% of the planet's population are monotheistic and that the three major religions of the world are not going to take kindly to this new order (or old) order. It's not a setting very inductive of social gameplay. Heck thousands will die and the setting will be overtly dystopian.

Hm it's worked before in other websites. WHy wouldn't it work here? Hmm then how about this, the setting is decades, if not a hundred or more years in the future with a dystopian one world government. The setting is not Monotheistic, but athiestic and agnostic at best. Suddenly, the gods pop up out of nowhere to topple the government down, and that's just the start of the RP

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Mystra wrote:
Harbertia wrote:eh... nope nope- nope. I think your forgetting that over 80% of the planet's population are monotheistic and that the three major religions of the world are not going to take kindly to this new order (or old) order. It's not a setting very inductive of social gameplay. Heck thousands will die and the setting will be overtly dystopian.

Hm it's worked before in other websites. WHy wouldn't it work here? Hmm then how about this, the setting is decades, if not a hundred or more years in the future with a dystopian one world government. The setting is not Monotheistic, but athiestic and agnostic at best. Suddenly, the gods pop up out of nowhere to topple the government down, and that's just the start of the RP

That's still dystopian- it's 'God-Punk'. Why not a fanta-

eh...

Some time ago I hosted an RP called 'Modern Mythos'. It was inspired by Percy Jackson. In my mind the setting was it's own world- not our world- but players chose to make it the real world. While I enjoyed the RP it didn't feel right. We had a demigod who was associated the Irish Republican Army... we had all this real world stuff that for me limited the setting and invoked what Percy Jackson does- the realization that in those settings most religions are false save the pantheons and that somehow these gods lost power over what in that world is grand falsehoods of redemption, humanity, salvation, original sin, etc... that the entire renesance and its' Humanism wouldn't come to pass... that instead it'd just be the cult of personalities- like the Kims in North Korea but all over the world. Men being gods; and suddenly all is tyrannical for in those ancient faiths man didn't follow the gods out of love but of fear regarding their power- with those who challenged the gods being struck down. The only love the gods had for man was lust- and they sired many children among men who just became rebellious due to a lack of parental nurture.

Modern Mythos went like this;
“All beings know a single truth, one that defines their very lives. Without this truth, one is destined to a painful and agonizing fate: The gods rule above all.

Living proof of this are the Demigods; fair, strong, wise and clever beyond any human. They are the children of the gods, and living reminders of their glorious and powerful nature. They are often hero’s, warriors or leaders of great power. They are the only ones able to combat Monsters.

The ones that forget this rule; we call monsters Or Cursed Kin. They have been warped, twisted by their defiance, hubris or ignorance. They are an unfortunate reminder of both the cruelty and rage of these mighty beings. However that is not to say monsters have no power, far from it, they have enough power to take out their rage on Demigods.

Both often find themselves in conflict with each other, being the only beings, besides the gods, that can combat one another. However in this age they will find themselves conflicted with how to deal with one another, with the Gods unwilling to resolve this issue.

In this age, man is no longer as faithful, empires have crumbled, blood-lines have been devastated, and with the Gods taking a laxed approach, monsters are fewer. Even more so, from the exploits of the Demigods of old.

The Gods are still honored, but not to their former extent. Many, due to the Gods not being as interventionist as they once where, feel the Gods just don't care. With the fall of great empires during the massive wars of old, most nations of today, are republics formed following these wars.

Yet, even with out their empires, and kingdoms the noble houses continued to fight the Cursed Kin, with the conflict continuing till their numbers have dwindled. Now, a new faction has formed, Renaissance. Promising a rebirth of the glory of old, and to the Cursed Kin, it promises acceptance. Renaissance has one aim; restore the Empires of old. To do so, it's established the first of what it plans to be many camps, isolated in dense woodlands it gathers monsters, and demi-gods together to train for the day they will rise again... but not all are free of skepticism."
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Mystra wrote:Hm it's worked before in other websites. WHy wouldn't it work here? Hmm then how about this, the setting is decades, if not a hundred or more years in the future with a dystopian one world government. The setting is not Monotheistic, but athiestic and agnostic at best. Suddenly, the gods pop up out of nowhere to topple the government down, and that's just the start of the RP

That's still dystopian- it's 'God-Punk'. Why not a fanta-

eh...

Some time ago I hosted an RP called 'Modern Mythos'. It was inspired by Percy Jackson. In my mind the setting was it's own world- not our world- but players chose to make it the real world. While I enjoyed the RP it didn't feel right. We had a demigod who was associated the Irish Republican Army... we had all this real world stuff that for me limited the setting and invoked what Percy Jackson does- the realization that in those settings most religions are false save the pantheons and that somehow these gods lost power over what in that world is grand falsehoods of redemption, humanity, salvation, original sin, etc... that the entire renesance and its' Humanism wouldn't come to pass... that instead it'd just be the cult of personalities- like the Kims in North Korea but all over the world. Men being gods; and suddenly all is tyrannical for in those ancient faiths man didn't follow the gods out of love but of fear regarding their power- with those who challenged the gods being struck down. The only love the gods had for man was lust- and they sired many children among men who just became rebellious due to a lack of parental nurture.

“All beings know a single truth, one that defines their very lives. Without this truth, one is destined to a painful and agonizing fate: The gods rule above all.

Living proof of this are the Demigods; fair, strong, wise and clever beyond any human. They are the children of the gods, and living reminders of their glorious and powerful nature. They are often hero’s, warriors or leaders of great power. They are the only ones able to combat Monsters.

The ones that forget this rule; we call monsters Or Cursed Kin. They have been warped, twisted by their defiance, hubris or ignorance. They are an unfortunate reminder of both the cruelty and rage of these mighty beings. However that is not to say monsters have no power, far from it, they have enough power to take out their rage on Demigods.

Both often find themselves in conflict with each other, being the only beings, besides the gods, that can combat one another. However in this age they will find themselves conflicted with how to deal with one another, with the Gods unwilling to resolve this issue.

In this age, man is no longer as faithful, empires have crumbled, blood-lines have been devastated, and with the Gods taking a laxed approach, monsters are fewer. Even more so, from the exploits of the Demigods of old.

The Gods are still honored, but not to their former extent. Many, due to the Gods not being as interventionist as they once where, feel the Gods just don't care. With the fall of great empires during the massive wars of old, most nations of today, are republics formed following these wars.

Yet, even with out their empires, and kingdoms the noble houses continued to fight the Cursed Kin, with the conflict continuing till their numbers have dwindled. Now, a new faction has formed, Renaissance. Promising a rebirth of the glory of old, and to the Cursed Kin, it promises acceptance. Renaissance has one aim; restore the Empires of old. To do so, it's established the first of what it plans to be many camps, isolated in dense woodlands it gathers monsters, and demi-gods together to train for the day they will rise again... but not all are free of skepticism."

The way I imagine it, is basically that the world is a world of science without magic or religion in the era we appear in, causing the one world government to go "What the hell?" Then we just destroy it and carve out our own kingdoms in it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Mystra wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That's still dystopian- it's 'God-Punk'. Why not a fanta-

eh...

The way I imagine it, is basically that the world is a world of science without magic or religion in the era we appear in, causing the one world government to go "What the hell?" Then we just destroy it and carve out our own kingdoms in it.

Your still making it Earth though, which is problem.
Tomorrow is made today.

Mystra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Mystra wrote:

Your still making it Earth though, which is problem.

Hmmm putting it in a modern society that isn't Earth just sounds like a problem to me.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Mystra wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Your still making it Earth though, which is problem.

Hmmm putting it in a modern society that isn't Earth just sounds like a problem to me.

I realize now that this is just a personal problem of my own. As in Modern Mythos players did need the real world to build their characters upon- background for example.

With this realization that I've been in the wrong with that statement; I'd like to say that- you shouldn't go the future path. That was something you suggested to try an compromise with me over a personal issue- go regular modern regardless of the terror you'll unleash upon the world. If your too far ahead character's won't have any of the reference points a real world gives save locality- they'll all have the same cultural experiences in the world if you go far into the future- so just go 2018- people know who the President is, people know about the likelihood of a civil war in South Africa, and people know that the Korea situation is diminishing yet they also have various cultures they can derive their character from.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse