NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Labstoska wrote:This sounds like something I'd be rather interested in unfortunately I don't have much experience in political RPs by the way if you go the nation RP route will it be localised to only America?

Since the world building has with one exception been focused on North America the nation RP would focus on North America. The Nations would be;

• Barony of Horn - An enlightened dictatorship west of Lake Michigan. It's territory is claimed by the state of Wisconson and thus the USA (but that applies for all post war nations occupying former US territory)
  • Bonapartist Empire - A Mutant Animal Empire modeled after Bonapartist France but with an ideology that also incorporates elements of Mien Kampf and Animal Farm. Humans and Mutant Humans (Humanoids) have resident status and may join the army but are unable to hold political office, vote, nor hold command rank. It's mostly around former Ontario and extends down into Louisina (or what bit of it isn't underwater).
  • Canada (we have no details on it save Brutorz mounted police with the occasional Podog companion so the player choosing this has a lot of liberty. The only set factor is being part of the Restorationist International Network.)
  • Duchy of Gany - One of the Imperial Republics set up by the Bonapartist Empire. It's a vassal of the Emperor and operates under a constitution in the same form of Bonapartist style government. It's in a constant on again and off again war wit the Oclarian Empire in former Pennsylvania.
  • Kingdom of New Arndale
  • Mexico (like Canada except we have nothing on it so greater player liberty. Again part of the Restorationists.)
  • Olcarian Empire - This Empire was formed out of a tribal confederacy that centralized to combat the expansion of the Duchy of Gany which claims the land around the Gany River. It's in a constant on and off again state of war with the Duchy and thus the bonapartist Empire. It's people are Pure Strain Humans or Humanoids.
  • USA (linked in previous post)

MINOR
    Broad Acres - An AI lords over a computer worshiping cult in this theocratic state which sells it's produce for Domars to Newton and US communities to the West in Pennsylvania. It's just south of Pitz Burke (Pittsburgh).
  • Newton - It's east of Broad Acres.
  • Zilver - South of the duchy of Gany, East of the Kingdom of New Arndale.

As you can tell most work has been done around the Great Lakes; which is part of why the 'US Political and Diplomatic' RP is appealing. If the Nation RP is launched I'd really like to see where people take the Barony of Horn (again a personal favorite of mine along side Newton and Zilver).

As you can also see, the options are not many and in some cases scattered though Mexico could have to deal with the Bonapartist Empire which is present in Luisiana though Texas might have more trouble. Overall the above list shows mostly where players could create their own nations but me, not wanting to manage too much of what's going on- would like the established ones claimed first before new ones are added- but I have seen such not work in the past but rather fail to work out.

Again another reason to consider the political RP.

Hmmm I can definitely see your reasoning for a political RP but I do think there's still a lot of room for the development of nations after all Mexico and Canada are big places. Either way both ideas seem potentially intresting

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Labstoska wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Since the world building has with one exception been focused on North America the nation RP would focus on North America. The Nations would be;

• Barony of Horn - An enlightened dictatorship west of Lake Michigan. It's territory is claimed by the state of Wisconson and thus the USA (but that applies for all post war nations occupying former US territory)
  • Bonapartist Empire - A Mutant Animal Empire modeled after Bonapartist France but with an ideology that also incorporates elements of Mien Kampf and Animal Farm. Humans and Mutant Humans (Humanoids) have resident status and may join the army but are unable to hold political office, vote, nor hold command rank. It's mostly around former Ontario and extends down into Louisina (or what bit of it isn't underwater).
  • Canada (we have no details on it save Brutorz mounted police with the occasional Podog companion so the player choosing this has a lot of liberty. The only set factor is being part of the Restorationist International Network.)
  • Duchy of Gany - One of the Imperial Republics set up by the Bonapartist Empire. It's a vassal of the Emperor and operates under a constitution in the same form of Bonapartist style government. It's in a constant on again and off again war wit the Oclarian Empire in former Pennsylvania.
  • Kingdom of New Arndale
  • Mexico (like Canada except we have nothing on it so greater player liberty. Again part of the Restorationists.)
  • Olcarian Empire - This Empire was formed out of a tribal confederacy that centralized to combat the expansion of the Duchy of Gany which claims the land around the Gany River. It's in a constant on and off again state of war with the Duchy and thus the bonapartist Empire. It's people are Pure Strain Humans or Humanoids.

MINOR
    Broad Acres - An AI lords over a computer worshiping cult in this theocratic state which sells it's produce for Domars to Newton and US communities to the West in Pennsylvania. It's just south of Pitz Burke (Pittsburgh).

As you can tell most work has been done around the Great Lakes; which is part of why the 'US Political and Diplomatic' RP is appealing. If the Nation RP is launched I'd really like to see where people take the Barony of Horn (again a personal favorite of mine along side Newton and Zilver).

As you can also see, the options are not many and in some cases scattered though Mexico could have to deal with the Bonapartist Empire which is present in Luisiana though Texas might have more trouble. Overall the above list shows mostly where players could create their own nations but me, not wanting to manage too much of what's going on- would like the established ones claimed first before new ones are added- but I have seen such not work in the past but rather fail to work out.

Hmmm I can definitely see your reasoning for a political RP but I do think there's still a lot of room for the development of nations after all Mexico and Canada are big places. Either way both ideas seem potentially intresting

I appreciate your encouraging words 8) Nice to know that both are valid options and having players create new nations (again I would want the pre-set one's claimed first) can actually lead to new addition to the lore and setting; which is one of the motives behind this project.

I just have a poor history managing multiple factions at once (thus why I wouldn't want to have to NPC all the pre-sets while players play customs and no pre-set).
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: Taking place in the world of Naruto but in an alternate universe, it will follow our characters as they become the next generation of legendary ninja during a particularly tumultuous time in history.
Genre/s: Action, adventure, shonen, fantasy, character
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: The Shinobi World is in a precarious position. After years of peace, it seems the delicate balance is being threatened. The actions of Iwagakure, hiring mercenaries to do their dirty work, has lead to a rising cold war between them and Konoha and their Suna allies. Terrorism is on the rise, especially in Amegakure where years of being trampled in the wars between larger nations has caused resentment to grow to a boiling point. In Konoha, tensions between the Uzumaki Clan and the Uchiha Clan threaten to spill over into open conflict. To the north, a once small hidden village, Shiogakure, the Village Hidden In The Salt, has gained unprecedented power and threatens the delicate balance of power. And from all corners of the Shinobi World reports come in of two groups, the Dawn Followers and 8-Men Koin. Supposedly, they are the most elite shinobi in the world, and supposedly they work for two separate ideals, manipulating the world powers from the shadows.

And then theres you, a young shinobi fresh from the academy, or a grizzled Jonin teaching the next generation of ninja. Whatever you are, your place is still unknown, but what is for sure is that you will have a role to play in this volatile world. Weather your actions bring about the destruction of the current world order, or preserve it for a brighter future is up too you. But either way, a conflict is coming, and weather you know it or not you will have a place in it.

Need Help With: Working out the story, building an OOC, and looking for Co-OPs.

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Labstoska wrote:This sounds like something I'd be rather interested in unfortunately I don't have much experience in political RPs by the way if you go the nation RP route will it be localised to only America?

Since the world building has with one exception been focused on North America the nation RP would focus on North America. The Nations would be;

• Kingdom of New Arndale

MINOR

Looks interesting so far. Ill probably give it a look over if it gets up off the ground.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 am

Harbertia wrote:
Labstoska wrote:Hmmm I can definitely see your reasoning for a political RP but I do think there's still a lot of room for the development of nations after all Mexico and Canada are big places. Either way both ideas seem potentially intresting

I appreciate your encouraging words 8) Nice to know that both are valid options and having players create new nations (again I would want the pre-set one's claimed first) can actually lead to new addition to the lore and setting; which is one of the motives behind this project.

I just have a poor history managing multiple factions at once (thus why I wouldn't want to have to NPC all the pre-sets while players play customs and no pre-set).

One way you could even out faction like the Napoleaonic empire is by dividing into a number of devolved regions each with varying levels of loyalty towards the empire and it allows the players to control a greater variety of nations

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Labstoska wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I appreciate your encouraging words 8) Nice to know that both are valid options and having players create new nations (again I would want the pre-set one's claimed first) can actually lead to new addition to the lore and setting; which is one of the motives behind this project.

One way you could even out faction like the Napoleaonic empire is by dividing into a number of devolved regions each with varying levels of loyalty towards the empire and it allows the players to control a greater variety of nations

:Grins: Yes... :Grins: That works. You can even apply that, in some degree, to us states.
Tomorrow is made today.

Delphio
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Delphio » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:44 am

Crusades RP incoming soon.
The Toy Taker, that’s me! ^.^
Philosopher, writer, and student.
Where’s the coffee...

Sophia lifa
Civilian

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Join my nation

Postby Sophia lifa » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Join my nation

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Sophia lifa wrote:Join my nation

Sounds like a plan
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:35 pm

I've been infatuated with Hunter x Hunter and I'm thinking of making an RP about that. Or one called "The Esoterics" which uses Nen from Hunter x Hunter for inspiration. For that one, I'll combine the conditions and limitations of Nen with the "seven chakras" from this site. I'll make it more unique for the RP though
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 am

Asardia wrote:I've been infatuated with Hunter x Hunter and I'm thinking of making an RP about that. Or one called "The Esoterics" which uses Nen from Hunter x Hunter for inspiration. For that one, I'll combine the conditions and limitations of Nen with the "seven chakras" from this site. I'll make it more unique for the RP though

Sounds very cool!
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 am

Since it's been a while since I've brought it up, and thus it may seem I've dropped it, here is what work I've done thus far to show that it's still being developed;

At the end of the 24th century, the social issues of the previous decades exploded into global conflicts in which every part and member of society was involved. Civilization was destroyed in the sweep of these Social Wars as the lasers, bio-genetic agents, and nuclear warheads took their toll. Those who survived soon found them selves witnessing a bio-genetic revolution as animals like none other soon repopulated the Earth. 150 years after the wars, lizards with telepathy and unnatural savage creatures became common sight. The age of Anarchy passed, civilization was reborn.

It is a well known fact that during the Social Wars many high ranking officials took shelter as the land was decimated by domestic, and foreign assault alike. As was planned they, and others followed government procedures meant to insure survival, and a chance to rebuild. These shelters where only meant to be inhabited for ten months, unlike CEEPs which were privately funded, and made use of stasis chamber technology. After ten months these individuals emerged to find the world strange, and harsh. They began rebuilding, connecting with other survivors, only to be pushed back by things so horrid the presence was unbearable. Many abandoned the pursuit, instead setting out to forge their own path, and a new world. The headstrong citizens, and officials, however remained true to their aims, and through contact with other groups established over the years a network to not only promote the rebirth of the nations of the Earth, but the emergence of peace between all nations. Agreeing that the world can not be revived if the people are still at war.

It's now the year 3001, great progress has been made in restoring the nations of old. You are part of that restoration, an example of how far it's come- a citizen of the Restored United States of America you have rose to a position in the nation's congress as the challenge persists.

Capital: Saint Paul, Minnesota

Executive
Democrat President, First Term, Day 4 of presidency.
=President Cassey Sanders, Democrat from Wisconsin
=Vice President Adam North, Democrat from South Dakota

Congress
Leading Party: Democrat
Opposition Party: Republican

Issues Facing this Administration
  • The condition of the Savannah like lands of the midwest has agricultural issues being pressing. Food being an essential for life.
  • Piracy along the Mississippi River (including a few Bonaparist Privateers) and the Great Lakes are an issue. In the territories (those states not yet restored) piracy is a more pressing issue, especially along the coast. Thus far the US has been focused on building it's land forces and while a coast guard exists many feel it's under funded and in need of attention especially since the US's capacity to build up a navy is not being considered a priority (on account of their being little need for it thanks to non-interventionism- at least that's why a number of people thing) in comparison to the army which has more noticeable need to the states of the midwest that have been restored.
  • The Created are a cult like organization of Androids who believe they should rule over a world of created 'life' finding organics too chaotic and not worthy of continued survival. The organization was born in the aftermath of the Cyberoid Uprising of 2325. They work against the USA and other Human socieites to subvert it and bring about organic extinction through the infiltration of cultural scenes, politics, and military command. People are fearful of The Created and a faction is requesting higher security measures to combat it's efforts. Current methods are effective but fear drives for more.
  • The Bonapartist Empire, a nation of mutant animals operating under an ideology borrowed from Animal Farm, Mien Kampht, and The Age of Napoleon (which they believe is a biography of their founder) continues to claim much of the Mississippi River and parts of Pennsylvania with overseas colonies and some holdings in Canadian Territory. It has been a long time foe and is eager to liberate the Mutant Animal population of the USA while turning Humans and Humanoids into residents of the state. The stories of the labor political prisoners and POWs are forced into in this state is well in the minds of the general public. People mock this Empire but it is presently the largest united threat to the USA.
  • The Barony of Horn, a feudal society occupies a large portion of Wisconson's Coast and it's military expansion has brought it into conflict with the Restorationists of the region. The state desires federal troops to push the Barony back and liberate it's people from the absolute monarchy they live under. The Barony is already persecuting Restorationists in it's territory as enemies of the state (they do not like living under feudalism). As the USA does not recognize the Barony an executive order is sufficient to send troops to the region to either support the National Guard's efforts of restoring order (and thus Wisconsin's territory). The Barony has existed for roughly 120 years with a number of people in it's territory not considering themselves American but rather understanding the world in a feudal manner by obligation to the Baron and other nobles of the Horn. Wisconson has been requesting such aid for many years but thus far administrations have seen the Barony as a minor threat compared to the Empire and despite this Barony being closer to home has devoted troops to combating the Bonapartist Empire. The people of Wisconson are tired of this threat, which is closer to home, being unchecked and with Cassey Sanders in officer hope to see proper forces sent to deal with it. The Baron on the other hand is having to deal with sporadic infiltrations by the Created. 20 Years ago a band of 'adventures' in the Horn destroyed a pre-war US National Defense computer that had gone rogue sending cyborgs (under it's direct control) to destroy villages in the Horn. It's rumored to have been influenced by the Created and people in the US feel that had the US held the territory they could have saved the computer and destroyed the threat so they are a little ticked off.
  • The Brotherhood of Thought, an organization born in Southern California, has been convincing settlements to join them in building a new world order built ion individual liberty and mutual cooperation. While peaceful this Brotherhood is not working to re-establish the World Government nor the Nations of the Earth but instead to forge a new society. They are highly liberal (Mutant Animal, Android, they don't care what you are they value your mind), individualist, collectivists who feel the US was lost long ago and failed to live up to it's ideals. They are protected by freedom of speech but some factions would like them categorized as a threat to national security as settlements break ties with the US.

Parties in the Federal Government
  • Democratic Party - The Democratic Party promotes liberal eugenics where in a person can voluntarily be sterilized, have access to gene boosting treatments, access to various means of birth control, and acts upon their own education to determine who is suitable to procreate with. They reject any notion of the state dictating such to the people but feel it must be an option and one people are educated on and encouraged to consider. They do not hate Humanoids or the slightly mutated, but are pragmatic enough to realize that the threat of deformity and genetic illness brought on by the legacy of the Cold War and the Social Wars- the mutagenic and atomic weaponry- is very real. They wish to diminish the suffering of future generations without compromising individual liberty.
  • Republican Party - The Republican Party rejects birth control and homosexuality seeing survival in numbers as preferable. They are concerned that if the population doesn't grow the nation will be overwhelmed. They have since before the Social Wars spoke up for the genetically distinct (Humanoids) with their history going back to support of the veterans who fought in the bush wars of the Cold War (some of them super-soldiers others genetically altered by Mutagen exposure or radiation exposure during those conflicts) that precluded the Social Wars. They find the Democratic Party's policy as aggressive to the Humanoid population, and a form of genocide through coercion.

Restored US States
Iowa
Minnisota
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wisconson

All other states are currently in the process of rebuilding and do not yet have a functioning state government capable of sending representatives to Congress. As US Federal Forces and efforts work more states should be re-established with the capacity to take part in federal politics.

Civil Liberties
Humans and Humanoids are eligible for citizenship in the United States of America and have the full privileges there of. Citizens are able to vote in the nation's representative democracy. They have the right to assembly, the right to an attorney, the right to bear arms, etc.

Mutant Animals are either Pets or Wild. Pets are owned by masters responsible for sheltering, feeding, and in general providing for their property who in turn owes them loyalty. The same laws governing non-intelligent non-humans (known simply as animals) covers the Mutant Animal population. These are some of the implications;

• Pets must have clear indication of ownership at all times, the most common form of this is a collar, and tag with the individuals name, the owner's name, and contact information. Animals found with out identification are to be taken to an Animal Shelter to be tended to in the hopes that someone will take them in.
  • Pets are the responsibility of their owners, and thus any action the pet takes can be a reflection upon the owner. The owner is obliged to provided some form of covering, shelter, and food for their pet who in turn is expected to be loyal to the master. An owner may disown a pet at anytime, sending them to one of the shelters is the legal requirement for this, though some simply kick them out of the house, with out identification, making them one of the strays or mistaken as wild. Pets are not allowed to make medical decisions for themselves; instead this falls to their masters. In the cases of sheltered animals this decision falls upon the staff.
  • A pet may not harm a human save at a master's lawful command such as the case of security. The master will be expected to pay for treatment of any intentional harm an animal does to a human, or to another pet. If a pet kills a human the pet shall be put down. A Black Ray pistol, a weapon that instantly kills any target, is the most used method of execution. The quick nature of the death, and lack of visible harm to the body, makes the Black Ray pistol a humane tool for putting the animal down.
  • Pets may only enter establishments, or use facilities that have been set aside, or licensed for their service. This includes drinking fountains, restrooms, restaurants, and entertainment. Some stores may have signs forbidding an animal from entering unaccompanied by a human, or entering at all. Animals who break the law are held at the Pound, which is an animal only prison.
Androids are held in servitude as appliances or machines of labor.

Foreign Policy
  • Recognition: The USA only recognizes the nations and World Government from before the War. It does not recognize for diplomatic or other purpose the nations that have sprung up in the over 700 years since the Social Wars.
  • Intervention: The USA does not interfere in the affairs of other Restored Nations.
  • Global Unity: The USA is part of the Restorationist Network and obligated to restore the World Government. World Government presently exists in a 'hybernation' status where upon only a few of it's organs have been re-instated. Those are the organs responsible for issuing IDs (as all are citizens of the Earth), and regulating Domars (the global currency). As the nations are surrounded by hostiles re-establishment of Earth's Military has not proceeded as each member currently needs what manpower they have for their own security.

MAPS

TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP (CURRENT)

MAP USED FOR DETERMINING CLAIMED TERRITORY

Concept: Exploring this nation through a political RP.

Any suggestions that bring this closer to launch and will ease administration of the thread are welcomed. Additionally any pointers on added realism will improve the experience of all involved. For example, additional platforms of the two major parties as I've only written down standings on one of the future issues. Seeing how I've been told that 'people probably don't know which way to be offended' - I'd say thus far it's looking well as a two party system has been critiqued as voting for the lesser of two evils.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Harbertia wrote:Since it's been a while since I've brought it up, and thus it may seem I've dropped it, here is what work I've done thus far to show that it's still being developed;

At the end of the 24th century, the social issues of the previous decades exploded into global conflicts in which every part and member of society was involved. Civilization was destroyed in the sweep of these Social Wars as the lasers, bio-genetic agents, and nuclear warheads took their toll. Those who survived soon found them selves witnessing a bio-genetic revolution as animals like none other soon repopulated the Earth. 150 years after the wars, lizards with telepathy and unnatural savage creatures became common sight. The age of Anarchy passed, civilization was reborn.

It is a well known fact that during the Social Wars many high ranking officials took shelter as the land was decimated by domestic, and foreign assault alike. As was planned they, and others followed government procedures meant to insure survival, and a chance to rebuild. These shelters where only meant to be inhabited for ten months, unlike CEEPs which were privately funded, and made use of stasis chamber technology. After ten months these individuals emerged to find the world strange, and harsh. They began rebuilding, connecting with other survivors, only to be pushed back by things so horrid the presence was unbearable. Many abandoned the pursuit, instead setting out to forge their own path, and a new world. The headstrong citizens, and officials, however remained true to their aims, and through contact with other groups established over the years a network to not only promote the rebirth of the nations of the Earth, but the emergence of peace between all nations. Agreeing that the world can not be revived if the people are still at war.

It's now the year 3001, great progress has been made in restoring the nations of old. You are part of that restoration, an example of how far it's come- a citizen of the Restored United States of America you have rose to a position in the nation's congress as the challenge persists.

Executive

Congress

• Democratic Party - The Democratic Party promotes liberal eugenics where in a person can voluntarily be sterilized, have access to gene boosting treatments, access to various means of birth control, and acts upon their own education to determine who is suitable to procreate with. They reject any notion of the state dictating such to the people but feel it must be an option and one people are educated on and encouraged to consider. They do not hate Humanoids or the slightly mutated, but are pragmatic enough to realize that the threat of deformity and genetic illness brought on by the legacy of the Cold War and the Social Wars- the mutagenic and atomic weaponry- is very real. They wish to diminish the suffering of future generations without compromising individual liberty.
  • Republican Party - The Republican Party rejects birth control and homosexuality seeing survival in numbers as preferable. They are concerned that if the population doesn't grow the nation will be overwhelmed. They have since before the Social Wars spoke up for the genetically distinct (Humanoids) with their history going back to support of the veterans who fought in the bush wars of the Cold War (some of them super-soldiers others genetically altered by Mutagen exposure or radiation exposure during those conflicts) that precluded the Social Wars. They find the Democratic Party's policy as aggressive to the Humanoid population, and a form of genocide through coercion.

Restored US States
Iowa
Minnisota
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wisconson

All other states are currently in the process of rebuilding and do not yet have a functioning state government capable of sending representatives to Congress. As US Federal Forces and efforts work more states should be re-established with the capacity to take part in federal politics.

Civil Liberties
Humans and Humanoids are eligible for citizenship in the United States of America and have the full privileges there of. Citizens are able to vote in the nation's representative democracy. They have the right to assembly, the right to an attorney, the right to bear arms, etc.

Mutant Animals are either Pets or Wild. Pets are owned by masters responsible for sheltering, feeding, and in general providing for their property who in turn owes them loyalty. The same laws governing non-intelligent non-humans (known simply as animals) covers the Mutant Animal population. These are some of the implications;

• Pets must have clear indication of ownership at all times, the most common form of this is a collar, and tag with the individuals name, the owner's name, and contact information. Animals found with out identification are to be taken to an Animal Shelter to be tended to in the hopes that someone will take them in.
  • Pets are the responsibility of their owners, and thus any action the pet takes can be a reflection upon the owner. The owner is obliged to provided some form of covering, shelter, and food for their pet who in turn is expected to be loyal to the master. An owner may disown a pet at anytime, sending them to one of the shelters is the legal requirement for this, though some simply kick them out of the house, with out identification, making them one of the strays or mistaken as wild. Pets are not allowed to make medical decisions for themselves; instead this falls to their masters. In the cases of sheltered animals this decision falls upon the staff.
  • A pet may not harm a human save at a master's lawful command such as the case of security. The master will be expected to pay for treatment of any intentional harm an animal does to a human, or to another pet. If a pet kills a human the pet shall be put down. A Black Ray pistol, a weapon that instantly kills any target, is the most used method of execution. The quick nature of the death, and lack of visible harm to the body, makes the Black Ray pistol a humane tool for putting the animal down.
  • Pets may only enter establishments, or use facilities that have been set aside, or licensed for their service. This includes drinking fountains, restrooms, restaurants, and entertainment. Some stores may have signs forbidding an animal from entering unaccompanied by a human, or entering at all. Animals who break the law are held at the Pound, which is an animal only prison.

Foreign Policy
  • Recognition: The USA only recognizes the nations and World Government from before the War. It does not recognize for diplomatic or other purpose the nations that have sprung up in the over 700 years since the Social Wars.
  • Intervention: The USA does not interfere in the affairs of other Restored Nations.
  • Global Unity: The USA is part of the Restorationist Network and obligated to restore the World Government. World Government presently exists in a 'hybernation' status where upon only a few of it's organs have been re-instated. Those are the organs responsible for issuing IDs (as all are citizens of the Earth), and regulating Domars (the global currency). As the nations are surrounded by hostiles re-establishment of Earth's Military has not proceeded as each member currently needs what manpower they have for their own security.

MAPS

(Image)

(Image)

Any suggestions that bring this closer to launch and will ease administration of the thread are welcomed. Additionally any pointers on added realism will improve the experience of all involved. For example, additional platforms of the two major parties as I've only written down standings on one of the future issues. Seeing how I've been told that 'people probably don't know which way to be offended' - I'd say thus far it's looking well as a two party system has been critiqued as voting for the lesser of two evils.

Judging by the topographical map, the lack of arable land would be an obvious issue.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Since it's been a while since I've brought it up, and thus it may seem I've dropped it, here is what work I've done thus far to show that it's still being developed;

Executive

Congress

Restored US States
Iowa
Minnisota
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wisconson

Civil Liberties

Foreign Policy

MAPS

(Image)

(Image)

Judging by the topographical map, the lack of arable land would be an obvious issue.

A highly pressing one too seeing how the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska are the driest of the restored states. I imagine those are the states where it's most pressing. That sounds like an issue that should be brought up and one that North and South Dakota senators along with the Nebraska ones would be aware of- I can think of solutions but that's not my job :p that's for the players to debilitate on.

It's certainly an issue citizens will want resolved- food being an essential for life. While the people have roughed it enough to rebuild is admirable it doesn't mean they have to be content- if there is a chance for it to be better they'd push for it especially in regards to survival.

Edit: Hey, I've got the current Vice President being from South Dakota, with one democrat from the West as VP and another from the East as President it sounds like the party was taking that issue into consideration when putting them on the ticket. The only reason I didn't start with an election is so players can familiarize themselves with the functions of state and their fellow players to play the elections well having fewer assumptions but knowledge from experience.

Edit: Here is a list of issues I've gathered thus far after receiving your feedback.

Issues Facing this Administration
  • The condition of the Savannah like lands of the midwest has agricultural issues being pressing. Food being an essential for life.
  • The Created are a cult like organization of Androids who believe they should rule over a world of created 'life' finding organics too chaotic and not worthy of continued survival. The organization was born in the aftermath of the Cyberoid Uprising of 2325. They work against the USA and other Human socieites to subvert it and bring about organic extinction through the infiltration of cultural scenes, politics, and military command. People are fearful of The Created and a faction is requesting higher security measures to combat it's efforts. Current methods are effective but fear drives for more.
  • The Bonapartist Empire, a nation of mutant animals operating under an ideology borrowed from Animal Farm, Mien Kampht, and The Age of Napoleon (which they believe is a biography of their founder) continues to claim much of the Mississippi River and parts of Pennsylvania with overseas colonies and some holdings in Canadian Territory. It has been a long time foe and is eager to liberate the Mutant Animal population of the USA while turning Humans and Humanoids into residents of the state. The stories of the labor political prisoners and POWs are forced into in this state is well in the minds of the general public. People mock this Empire but it is presently the largest united threat to the USA.
  • The Barony of Horn, a feudal society occupies a large portion of Wisconson's Coast and it's military expansion has brought it into conflict with the Restorationists of the region. The state desires federal troops to push the Barony back and liberate it's people from the absolute monarchy they live under. The Barony is already persecuting Restorationists in it's territory as enemies of the state (they do not like living under feudalism). As the USA does not recognize the Barony an executive order is sufficient to send troops to the region to either support the National Guard's efforts of restoring order (and thus Wisconsin's territory). The Barony has existed for roughly 120 years with a number of people in it's territory not considering themselves American but rather understanding the world in a feudal manner by obligation to the Baron and other nobles of the Horn. Wisconson has been requesting such aid for many years but thus far administrations have seen the Barony as a minor threat compared to the Empire and despite this Barony being closer to home has devoted troops to combating the Bonapartist Empire. The people of Wisconson are tired of this threat, which is closer to home, being unchecked and with Cassey Sanders in officer hope to see proper forces sent to deal with it. The Baron on the other hand is having to deal with sporadic infiltrations by the Created. 20 Years ago a band of 'adventures' in the Horn destroyed a pre-war US National Defense computer that had gone rogue sending cyborgs (under it's direct control) to destroy villages in the Horn. It's rumored to have been influenced by the Created and people in the US feel that had the US held the territory they could have saved the computer and destroyed the threat so they are a little ticked off.
  • The Brotherhood of Thought, an organization born in Southern California, has been convincing settlements to join them in building a new world order built ion individual liberty and mutual cooperation. While peaceful this Brotherhood is not working to re-establish the World Government nor the Nations of the Earth but instead to forge a new society. They are highly liberal (Mutant Animal, Android, they don't care what you are they value your mind), individualist, collectivists who feel the US was lost long ago and failed to live up to it's ideals. They are protected by freedom of speech but some factions would like them categorized as a threat to national security as settlements break ties with the US.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Since your RP is set during the post-apocalypse, pirates (men who pillage on the high seas, not people who illegally download copyrighted materials and/or make money off of illegal downloads) will be a problem.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Since your RP is set during the post-apocalypse, pirates (men who pillage on the high seas, not people who illegally download copyrighted materials and/or make money off of illegal downloads) will be a problem.

You continue to point out concerns I didn't even fathom :)

Here we go;

• Piracy along the Mississippi River (including a few Bonaparist Privateers) and the Great Lakes are an issue. In the territories (those states not yet restored) piracy is a more pressing issue, especially along the coast. Thus far the US has been focused on building it's land forces and while a coast guard exists many feel it's under funded and in need of attention especially since the US's capacity to build up a navy is not being considered a priority (on account of their being little need for it thanks to non-interventionism- at least that's why a number of people believe) in comparison to the army which has more noticeable need to the states of the midwest that have been restored.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Since your RP is set during the post-apocalypse, pirates (men who pillage on the high seas, not people who illegally download copyrighted materials and/or make money off of illegal downloads) will be a problem.

You continue to point out concerns I didn't even fathom :)

Here we go;

• Piracy along the Mississippi River (including a few Bonaparist Privateers) and the Great Lakes are an issue. In the territories (those states not yet restored) piracy is a more pressing issue, especially along the coast. Thus far the US has been focused on building it's land forces and while a coast guard exists many feel it's under funded and in need of attention especially since the US's capacity to build up a navy is not being considered a priority (on account of their being little need for it thanks to non-interventionism- at least that's why a number of people in the central states believe) in comparison to the army which has more noticeable need to the states of the midwest that have been restored.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:26 am

Finland SSR wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST

RP's Overarching Concept: An election game/roleplay where the players control Members of the European Parliament and guide the European Union after the EP election of 2019. Which I'm calling In Varietate Concordia in the description below.
Genre/s: Mechanics-based Election Game/Political Roleplay
Character or Faction Based: Hybrid. The players control characters who, collectively, control a faction (the EU).

Need Help With: I have the full explanation of the game's envisioned mechanics here.

I have finished the full detail of the game's mechanics, including the way elections work in the game. I should start on starting the RP this weekend, and if someone has any questions or concerns, please do point them out.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 am

Finland SSR wrote:

RP's Overarching Concept: An election game/roleplay where the players control Members of the European Parliament and guide the European Union after the EP election of 2019. Which I'm calling In Varietate Concordia in the description below.
Character or Faction Based: Hybrid. The players control characters who, collectively, control a faction (the EU).

Need Help With: I have the full explanation of the game's envisioned mechanics here.

I have finished the full detail of the game's mechanics, including the way elections work in the game. I should start on starting the RP this weekend, and if someone has any questions or concerns, please do point them out.

I'm wondering if I'l have to use a program like this for my own RP. Certainly saves me having to keep track of everything in text docs. What's the program?
Tomorrow is made today.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 am

Harbertia wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:I have finished the full detail of the game's mechanics, including the way elections work in the game. I should start on starting the RP this weekend, and if someone has any questions or concerns, please do point them out.

I'm wondering if I'l have to use a program like this for my own RP. Certainly saves me having to keep track of everything in text docs. What's the program?

I don't have any separate off-site program for these mechanics, actually. The Election Simulator is basically a complicated Google Sheets sheet, and I'll try to keep tabs of the rest, like rolling dice, on the IC.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:19 am

This idea's been on my mind for a while.

RP's Overarching Concept: Taking place in the universe of For Honor, players control denizens of the three factions. These characters can range from all walks of life - from the lowliest warrior to a noble lord. It is a period of tense peace. The actions of the players may prolong this peace, or drive their people to war yet again.
Genre/s: Medieval, mild post-apoc, and war. Lots and lots of war.
Character or Faction Based: Hybrid; characters may be a part of a faction
Detailed Description: Long ago, on a date lost to history, the world was decimated by what is currently referred to as the Cataclysm. Records describe earthquakes of immeasurable magnitude, meteor showers, and massive volcanic eruptions. These disasters were on such a grand scale that the very topography of the planet was changed, subsequently wiping out all but a fraction of human civilization. When the dust settled, only three civilizations remained among the ruins: Legions of knights settled in the still-volcanic woodlands of Ashfeld, serving as brash paragons of might and justice. To the east lay an ever-changing and seemingly endless jungle known as the Myre, home to a nation of samurai clans, honourable warriors few in number but nearly second to none. And to the north, in the frozen wastelands of Valkenheim dwell tribes of vikings, fearless warriors who live to raid and pillage their neighbors for resources that are nigh-impossible to obtain from their own homeland. Out of desperation and lack of trust, these three nations warred with one another for any and all resources they could find, sparking a conflict that would last well over one thousand years. As the years go by, many forget the very reason they fight. Technology and progress would come to a grinding halt.

The RP takes place following the game's story line, after the defeat of Apollyon and the Blackstone Legion. The remaining leaders of the Knights, Vikings and Samurai, realizing Apollyon's goal to turn them all against one another, finally agree to work for peace between their peoples. It is twenty years later, and silence has fallen upon the continent. With no common enemies, these nations have steadily broken apart into their own separate lordships, fighting independently among themselves. But despite the slow reconciling of the immense differences in culture, language and religion, many believe (and perhaps even support) that another war is coming. Will you fight? Or maybe the question should be: 'What will you fight for?'

Need Help With: worldbuilding, gauging interest

I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:59 am

Miekzhemy wrote:This idea's been on my mind for a while.

RP's Overarching Concept: Taking place in the universe of For Honor, players control denizens of the three factions. These characters can range from all walks of life - from the lowliest warrior to a noble lord. It is a period of tense peace. The actions of the players may prolong this peace, or drive their people to war yet again.
Detailed Description: Long ago, on a date lost to history, the world was decimated by what is currently referred to as the Cataclysm. Records describe earthquakes of immeasurable magnitude, meteor showers, and massive volcanic eruptions. These disasters were on such a grand scale that the very topography of the planet was changed, subsequently wiping out all but a fraction of human civilization. When the dust settled, only three civilizations remained among the ruins: Legions of knights settled in the still-volcanic woodlands of Ashfeld, serving as brash paragons of might and justice. To the east lay an ever-changing and seemingly endless jungle known as the Myre, home to a nation of samurai clans, honourable warriors few in number but nearly second to none. And to the north, in the frozen wastelands of Valkenheim dwell tribes of vikings, fearless warriors who live to raid and pillage their neighbors for resources that are nigh-impossible to obtain from their own homeland. Out of desperation and lack of trust, these three nations warred with one another for any and all resources they could find, sparking a conflict that would last well over one thousand years. As the years go by, many forget the very reason they fight. Technology and progress would come to a grinding halt.

The RP takes place following the game's story line, after the defeat of Apollyon and the Blackstone Legion. The remaining leaders of the Knights, Vikings and Samurai, realizing Apollyon's goal to turn them all against one another, finally agree to work for peace between their peoples. It is twenty years later, and silence has fallen upon the continent. With no common enemies, these nations have steadily broken apart into their own separate lordships, fighting independently among themselves. But despite the slow reconciling of the immense differences in culture, language and religion, many believe (and perhaps even support) that another war is coming. Will you fight? Or maybe the question should be: 'What will you fight for?'

Ah, now that is a fun concept. Ideas on how you intend to handle combat?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:This idea's been on my mind for a while.

I have an idea for a possible conflict, there is a new faction that was added to the game, the Wu Lin. You could use them in the rp.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:34 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Miekzhemy wrote:snip

Ah, now that is a fun concept. Ideas on how you intend to handle combat?

In terms of player-to-player combat, I've personally gotten by with simply RPing out any fights to the agreement of both parties. Collaborative posts put together by all participants is just one example. Though I'm not positive things would roll that smoothly. I've also dealt with a fair share of people (perhaps due to character attachment or powergaming) that are difficult to work with in situations like that. Would you have any suggestions that might make combat interesting and hassle-free?

Also, I'd like to add that just about all combat will be melee. Obviously archers and various siege engines exist for ranged warfare, but there is no semblance of magic nor guns, which can often make combat a bit of a slippery slope.

Theyra wrote:
Miekzhemy wrote:snip

I have an idea for a possible conflict, there is a new faction that was added to the game, the Wu Lin. You could use them in the rp.

I had that in mind when I was procrastinating putting this summary together, but ultimately decided against it. My reasons being that the Wu Lin didn't exactly get much lore to work with, even after the Marching Fire expansion came out. They have yet to be given an actual place on the world map to participate in the faction war. Though I plan to keep that faction on the bench in case we ever want to bring them in.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:34 am

Detailed Description:

It is May 2019, and the Commission of Jean-Claude Juncker is coming to the end of its term, and the Luxembourgian politician has declared his decision to not seek another, meaning that the reins of the European Union are up for grabs once again - and the events of the past five years have shaken the foundations of the Union to such a point that the direction of the next Commission may decide its fate for decades to come. The first years of the Juncker Commission saw the breakout of the European refugee crisis, and though situation has somewhat stabilized by 2019, the resentment and bitterness which, according to many, an insufficient EU response to the crisis fostered has led to the growth of Eurosceptic movements across the whole Union. Though the defeat of Marine Le Pen in the 2017 French presidential elections and the less than overwhelming results from Eurosceptic parties in Germany, the Netherlands and other member states gives a ray of hope to the European project, one of the three most important members of the Union, Italy, is now controlled by a self-described “populist” government.

The crowning event of the Juncker Commission, however, was undoubtedly the series of events in the United Kingdom known as “Brexit”. Having voted to leave the European Union in a history vote in 2016, the UK went through three years of political conflict, instability, and constant failed attempts to secure a beneficial deal with the EU before all of its options were finally exhausted and the island nation was forced to depart in a No Deal Brexit on March 29th. For the first time in the history of direct European Parliament elections, the legislature assembled in the aftermath will have less MEPs than it had in the previous election, with 705 seats up for grabs.

In Varietate Concordia is a hybrid between a character and a faction RP, a P2TM adaptation of the popular genre of “election games” and “government simulation games” popular on the site alternatehistory.com. Its purpose is to simulate the governance of the European Union, where the players signing up for the game play as Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and immerse themselves in the complicated European political system to accomplish whatever goals they or their characters might hold, including, but not limited to, assuming the position of President of the European Commission, the highest executive office outside of the unelected European Council.

Unlike standard P2TM roleplays, be it character based or nation based, election games place the most emphasis on, first, cooperation between players involved in the game, be it players in the same political party, or members of the same government, to achieve the most optimal possible outcome for the country/organization which the players command (in this case, the European Union), and second, RNG-based and turn-based mechanics tailored towards simulating government.

The game will be run on a turn-based format, where each turn will account for a single ingame year. Each turn shall end either one RL week after the last, or twenty-four hours after the initiatives of the European Commission have been submitted, whichever comes first. Each turn shall include actions taken both by all of the players participating in the game as well as the player who holds the position of President of the European Commission (and thus controls the European Commission), and will be followed by a turn report written by the OP (me), where the results of all the actions taken by the players will be processed and results given, as well as all the modifiers, issues and sliders which show the situation of the EU as a whole updated. As the term of the European Parliament, and by extension the Commission, lasts five years, every five turns an election will be held to determine the composition of the EP and the new President of the Commission.

Need Help With: I have the full explanation of the game's envisioned mechanics here. Well, almost full - I haven't detailed the process for how EP elections will work, but I had been working on this nonstop for like four hours and I feel like I need a bit of rest.

What I want to know is this:
  • Do these mechanics sound like they would be fun to play?
  • Would you be interested in the setting for the game, and would you want to play in it yourself? Could it be a bit too close to modern day for this forum's taste?
  • Would there be anything to improve?

I've started my election game, if you can check it out and maybe want to try it, the link is here - viewtopic.php?p=35536813#p35536813

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse