NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Back in 2017 I launched an RP called Sauria and- well- found out that as someone who went to school in the 90s, grew up with Jurassic Park, and so forth- I have become in only two decades behind on the Dino fandom.

When I think dinosaurs I think 'Great Lizards' and it turns out that some things I accepted are no longer accepted by modern science regarding dinosaurs. I'm not into birds, I'm into reptiles....

So it's been a long time since I revisited Sauria.

Sauria was created under a premise I got form a defunct cartoon series about dinosaurs being transplanted to another planet, evolving into near human sapient species, and having aims to colonize Earth (in peaceful or violent ways).

But in hosting that RP I got a lot of input from the players;

"Actually the ovivore didn't eat eggs so your half raptor-ovivore character shouldn't have some stigma against them for an ancestry that doesn't exist."

"Dinosaurs are more repto-mammalian so why can't my character have breasts?"

"I think it makes more sense for the Saurians to come from another star system, not a planet in our system- this 'Counter Earth' idea might have passed decades ago but we know so much about our solar system now that it seems unlikely the world would have gone unnoticed."

"What's going on with Earth? Like, you've got a lot on Sauria but hardly anything on Earth."

-------------

So... I worked on a reboot or what I call Second Edition to please the players and that's what I'd like to discuss- to hear more input on.

While I prefer First Edition to this new version of the setting I realize it's more appealing to the players and thus I need help building it and have come to ya'll.

In this re-iteration the Saurians (a near reptilian semi-mammal group of reproductively compatible species aka they have breasts) are from another solar system and came to Earth in a sleeper ship. While the people of Earth had various reactions, and the commanders of the ship where working to negotiate for settlement of Earth- as they couldn't go back and there was no other habitable planet- a faction of the passengers and crew began landing rather then waiting and this resulted in something of a war which has effectively left the Saurians stranded on Earth and slightly unwelcomed. They had left for Earth way back when Earth was in a more primal state of being, before Humanity- a lot changed during their long travel. The planet looked so different from what they where promised it'd be. The Saurians of 2nd Edition don't have much of their culture to cling on to and have largely integrated into the various nations of Earth.

While I doubt this will help ya'll decide if you want to help me plan this reboot, here are details on first edition. Two RPs where held in that edition (1 and 2) with a third having been prepared and planned but not carried out.

I say I don't think it'll be of any help in your decision since this project is a reboot but - it's hard for me to let go of the planet I had designed in 1E- even while I understand that in this reboot it's not that important- the planet is too far away and it's been too long- in 2E the inhabitants I assume are all dead and Earth culture will most likely replace thier native one- so.... maybe I'm just feeling down about it but that's part of why I need help. I want players and so far this reboot seems the only way I'm gonna get interest in this based on the reactions 1E got. Plus this reboot doesn't have the same 'your 90s dino trivia is useless' situation that 1E has- since these Saurians are totally alien, not related to Terrestrial life at all. Plus it's present day Earth so I don't have to say anything about what's happening (in 1E it was Earth around the time of the Gulf Wars when first contact was made).
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Lately I've resurrected my interest in ancient Mesopotamia, and I've been thinking about an RP set in fantasy setting inspired by it and other early civilizations - IE, bronze age technology and aesthetics, kings with grandiose titles like "King of the Four Corners of the World" who can singlehandedly destroy entire enemy armies due to their divine ancestry, the general sense of a young world where the gods still walk and "civilization" is still in its infancy, (as opposed to the "world in decline" feeling that often permeates medieval settings) etc.

Currently my only idea for a plot is that the RPers are all members of the same extended family, which has conquered the whole of [insert kingdom/world name here], due to semidivine ancestry and a variety of divine artifacts granting them what amounts to superpowers, and because the founder of the family killed some monsters and did some other traditional hero stuff. The patriarch of the family, who is also the king of the kingdom, dies suddenly after a few centuries of rule, leaving his descendants to fight amongst themselves for control of the empire, while also fending off nomads raiding the border, ambitious generals seeking to found their own dynasty, and rebels looking to recreate ancient kingdoms.

"The previous ruler died so now there's a succession crisis" is a pretty cliché premise for a fantasy RP though, so I might go with something else.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:51 am

Utceforp wrote:Lately I've resurrected my interest in ancient Mesopotamia, and I've been thinking about an RP set in fantasy setting inspired by it and other early civilizations - IE, bronze age technology and aesthetics, kings with grandiose titles like "King of the Four Corners of the World" who can singlehandedly destroy entire enemy armies due to their divine ancestry, the general sense of a young world where the gods still walk and "civilization" is still in its infancy, (as opposed to the "world in decline" feeling that often permeates medieval settings) etc.

Currently my only idea for a plot is that the RPers are all members of the same extended family, which has conquered the whole of [insert kingdom/world name here], due to semidivine ancestry and a variety of divine artifacts granting them what amounts to superpowers, and because the founder of the family killed some monsters and did some other traditional hero stuff. The patriarch of the family, who is also the king of the kingdom, dies suddenly after a few centuries of rule, leaving his descendants to fight amongst themselves for control of the empire, while also fending off nomads raiding the border, ambitious generals seeking to found their own dynasty, and rebels looking to recreate ancient kingdoms.

"The previous ruler died so now there's a succession crisis" is a pretty cliché premise for a fantasy RP though, so I might go with something else.

I think the concept as is set's up a great experience. You have semi-divine children of a demi-god king rivaling for power over a specific people united in a common faith and culture with a true manifest destiny to rule them. It's not over done, in fact it's a story of epic proportions that harkens back to such characters as Dido Queen of Carthage, and to the Trojan Wars. Could even have the whole 'we stand together or fall alone' angle if players decide to work together but largely the drama comes from friction between them. To have it you need a reason one isn't the designated heir; in this case as you've taken inspiration from Sumaria- the Kingdom's heir is elected by a council consisting of three factions; the Elders, the Mothers, and the Warriors. Of which have not been able to approve any of them at this time making the siblings impatient.
Tomorrow is made today.

Delphio
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

UPDATE

Postby Delphio » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:47 am

I’m working on the Orient-Fantasy RP. It (the OOC) will be released either later today or tomorrow sometime.
The Toy Taker, that’s me! ^.^
Philosopher, writer, and student.
Where’s the coffee...

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 am

Delphio wrote:I’m working on the Orient-Fantasy RP. It (the OOC) will be released either later today or tomorrow sometime.

Oh, I can't wait ( by the way my Post-Apo RP will be released next week )
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 am

Harbertia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Lately I've resurrected my interest in ancient Mesopotamia, and I've been thinking about an RP set in fantasy setting inspired by it and other early civilizations - IE, bronze age technology and aesthetics, kings with grandiose titles like "King of the Four Corners of the World" who can singlehandedly destroy entire enemy armies due to their divine ancestry, the general sense of a young world where the gods still walk and "civilization" is still in its infancy, (as opposed to the "world in decline" feeling that often permeates medieval settings) etc.

I think the concept as is set's up a great experience. You have semi-divine children of a demi-god king rivaling for power over a specific people united in a common faith and culture with a true manifest destiny to rule them. It's not over done, in fact it's a story of epic proportions that harkens back to such characters as Dido Queen of Carthage, and to the Trojan Wars. Could even have the whole 'we stand together or fall alone' angle if players decide to work together but largely the drama comes from friction between them. To have it you need a reason one isn't the designated heir; in this case as you've taken inspiration from Sumaria- the Kingdom's heir is elected by a council consisting of three factions; the Elders, the Mothers, and the Warriors. Of which have not been able to approve any of them at this time making the siblings impatient.

That sounds like a good idea - The "Elders" could be an informal gathering of "wise people" from villages throughout the kingdom, representing the common folk and rural populations, the "Mothers" could be an all-female priesthood tasked with ensuring government happens according to the will of the divine, representing the gods and urban populations, and the "Warriors" could consist of the armed aristocracy, representing the upper class and the military.

I had an idea for the closest thing to a "big bad" in the setting - A demonic giant named "the Azaku" living in a mountain range that forms part of the kingdom's border. The "Noontime King", he spreads drought, famine, and blistering heat everywhere he goes, rivers boil and crops wither in his presence, and he must wear a metal mask because the rays of light that emanate from his face kill anyone who looks upon it. He was created by the gods to guard a pass in the mountains that leads between the mortal world and the underworld. However, he became disillusioned with the gods after they forbade him to have children with a mountain spirit that he had fallen in love with. Defying them and having children anyway, he now seeks to take advantage of the chaos in the kingdom and carve out an empire of his own with his children as his soldiers, as a step towards gaining an advantage over the gods and potentially one day surpassing them.
Signatures are so 2014.

Delphio
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Delphio » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Where’s the coffee...

Delphio
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Delphio » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 pm

So are Orient-based RP’s not too popular here, or what?
Where’s the coffee...

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Delphio wrote:So are Orient-based RP’s not too popular here, or what?

Give it some time - I was thinking of signing up at some point, I'm just a bit busy today.
Signatures are so 2014.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Doesn't make much sense to declare an RP dead less than eight hours after you launched it. You had several interested people who had said that they were going to be making apps. Killing your own RPs before they get off the ground also sets a really bad example on who you OP your threads, now when you make another RP that people might like and might like to participate in some will remember this one and that you decided it wasn't worth your time before they even had a simple WIP app up.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Delphio
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Delphio » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:30 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:

Doesn't make much sense to declare an RP dead less than eight hours after you launched it. You had several interested people who had said that they were going to be making apps. Killing your own RPs before they get off the ground also sets a really bad example on who you OP your threads, now when you make another RP that people might like and might like to participate in some will remember this one and that you decided it wasn't worth your time before they even had a simple WIP app up.

It seems that things move at a slower pace here than I’m accustomed. I’ll have to make some observations it seems...
Where’s the coffee...

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Delphio wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

It seems that things move at a slower pace here than I’m accustomed. I’ll have to make some observations it seems...

It may be better if you join some RPs first and get to know more people, build up a group of people you're comfortable with and comfortable with you before your next attempt ant OPing. Having a group of people who you can ask to join your stuff can really help get a young RP off the ground.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Delphio wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

Did you advertise? I mean, other than on this thread. There's a thread specifically for new RP advertisements. That's where a lot of players notice when new things come up.

(I'm not one that normally gets into ancient Orient RPs - or much historical for that matter. I usually like superheroes, sci-fi, mystery and comedy. However, there are a good number of players here who do like historical RPs and would probably be willing to be involved in an ancient Orient one.)

I would say, try advertising and then see what happens. Other than that, feel free to join some RPs and get to meet other players. (You're welcome to join a space comedy I'm OPing if you want).
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I think the concept as is set's up a great experience. You have semi-divine children of a demi-god king rivaling for power over a specific people united in a common faith and culture with a true manifest destiny to rule them. It's not over done, in fact it's a story of epic proportions that harkens back to such characters as Dido Queen of Carthage, and to the Trojan Wars. Could even have the whole 'we stand together or fall alone' angle if players decide to work together but largely the drama comes from friction between them. To have it you need a reason one isn't the designated heir; in this case as you've taken inspiration from Sumaria- the Kingdom's heir is elected by a council consisting of three factions; the Elders, the Mothers, and the Warriors. Of which have not been able to approve any of them at this time making the siblings impatient.

That sounds like a good idea - The "Elders" could be an informal gathering of "wise people" from villages throughout the kingdom, representing the common folk and rural populations, the "Mothers" could be an all-female priesthood tasked with ensuring government happens according to the will of the divine, representing the gods and urban populations, and the "Warriors" could consist of the armed aristocracy, representing the upper class and the military.

I had an idea for the closest thing to a "big bad" in the setting - A demonic giant named "the Azaku" living in a mountain range that forms part of the kingdom's border. The "Noontime King", he spreads drought, famine, and blistering heat everywhere he goes, rivers boil and crops wither in his presence, and he must wear a metal mask because the rays of light that emanate from his face kill anyone who looks upon it. He was created by the gods to guard a pass in the mountains that leads between the mortal world and the underworld. However, he became disillusioned with the gods after they forbade him to have children with a mountain spirit that he had fallen in love with. Defying them and having children anyway, he now seeks to take advantage of the chaos in the kingdom and carve out an empire of his own with his children as his soldiers, as a step towards gaining an advantage over the gods and potentially one day surpassing them.

Fascinating :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:35 pm

If anyone is hosting or planning to host a sci-fi character RP where I can be an inhumanoid reptile hit me up in the DMs.

Would love to be an alien (in culture and build) character on a Human star ship or some diverse society's ship.

I don't care what the plot's about- diplomacy, war, horror- just looking to fill that role and deal with what comes from it.
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Finished the map for the RP I'm working on, which will be called "Heroes of an Ancient Age".

The Kingdom of the Azdu and Sahdu will be the primary setting.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:36 pm

Utceforp wrote:Finished the map for the RP I'm working on, which will be called "Heroes of an Ancient Age".

The Kingdom of the Azdu and Sahdu will be the primary setting.

O
| |

OOOOO I like it!
Tomorrow is made today.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:39 am

We thought we were so lucky when our employer-sponsored us, and gave us the go-ahead to move to the fabled model city of Arboria. A city where life though heavily regulated can flourish in ways much better than one can hope for parts of the globe still reeling from the atomic wars. I remember the first time we came...the sky was grey, but not grey due to the ashes of a billion dead clouding the sky. This grey was...natural, and I swear I even saw the sun come out for once. I haven't seen the sun come out in such a way since that fateful morning in 1978.

Things were good, and since then a year has passed. My family had some adjusting to do given the plethora of opportunities available here. My daughter was able to attend one of the best private schools in the country, and my son got sponsored by one of the city administrators to pursue a career in the scientific fields. Last I heard some big scientist took him as an apprentice for one of the major laboratories that Holder Industries operates. My wife spends much of her time helping the city government since careers for women are spotty at best. As for me? I help construct the robots you see scurrying about all over the city....or at least I used to.

Somethings changing...people are getting sick, and no one has any idea how this sickness came about. I heard one of my employees say the scientists figured out the nanites keeping all the radiation from killing us is somehow becoming corrupted. That was five days ago, and now I am huddled in my apartment with my family as mercenaries prowl the streets, and execute people out past curfew. I thought we were lucky, but I guess we were only delaying the inevitable end of the species. One of the neighbors says help is coming soon...I hope he is right or else the government is going to sink this island into the ocean.

A shameless advertisement.
Last edited by Benuty on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 am

I'm sure you've all heard about the lost Czech legion in the Russian civil war. I'm thinking about an Rp based around that. A player will take control of a squad and have to work (or betray) their comrades in order to get home back to Czechoslovakia. They will have to fight from Moscow all the way to Vladivostok in order to return home while fighting whites and reds. Your thoughts guys?
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Okay so I have been kicking around and RP idea and I want a bit of feedback on it. It is based in WW2 (real original I know) during the battle of Britain. You would take up a role as a pilot defending Britain from the Luftwaffe. The goal would be pretty obvious. Fight off the Germans as best you can while not getting killed. What do you all think?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 am

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: People moving to the "Wild West" after the Civil War reach the small, but growing town inside and around of which the RP would take place.
Genre/s: Western
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: The year is 1965. The Civil War that ravaged the United States for the past four years has just ended. Bringing death and destruction with it many have decided to leave their homes looking for a better future at the mythical frontier. After a long journey they find a small and seemingly peaceful town open for the newcomers. The town itself is nothing out of the ordinary - Sheriff's office, a saloon and a few other establishments surrounded by a couple of houses - giving the newcomers a wide range of opportunities. But with the good comes the bad - rumours of a gang of outlaws in the area began circulating a short while ago. In addition, the local Native American population has it's fair share of grievances and probelms to solve.

Need Help With:
Names of locations and landmarks (see: name of the town), geopraphical locations etc.
Realism - how day-to-day life looked like in 1965 and how would the town operate. Also information on, let's say, weapons used in that time period, which I imagine would prove quite useful at some point.
Name of the RP - something that would be fairly universal and wouldn't favor neither the good nor the bad guys.

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST

RP's Overarching Concept: An election game/roleplay where the players control Members of the European Parliament and guide the European Union after the EP election of 2019. Which I'm calling In Varietate Concordia in the description below.
Genre/s: Mechanics-based Election Game/Political Roleplay
Character or Faction Based: Hybrid. The players control characters who, collectively, control a faction (the EU).
Detailed Description:

It is May 2019, and the Commission of Jean-Claude Juncker is coming to the end of its term, and the Luxembourgian politician has declared his decision to not seek another, meaning that the reins of the European Union are up for grabs once again - and the events of the past five years have shaken the foundations of the Union to such a point that the direction of the next Commission may decide its fate for decades to come. The first years of the Juncker Commission saw the breakout of the European refugee crisis, and though situation has somewhat stabilized by 2019, the resentment and bitterness which, according to many, an insufficient EU response to the crisis fostered has led to the growth of Eurosceptic movements across the whole Union. Though the defeat of Marine Le Pen in the 2017 French presidential elections and the less than overwhelming results from Eurosceptic parties in Germany, the Netherlands and other member states gives a ray of hope to the European project, one of the three most important members of the Union, Italy, is now controlled by a self-described “populist” government.

The crowning event of the Juncker Commission, however, was undoubtedly the series of events in the United Kingdom known as “Brexit”. Having voted to leave the European Union in a history vote in 2016, the UK went through three years of political conflict, instability, and constant failed attempts to secure a beneficial deal with the EU before all of its options were finally exhausted and the island nation was forced to depart in a No Deal Brexit on March 29th. For the first time in the history of direct European Parliament elections, the legislature assembled in the aftermath will have less MEPs than it had in the previous election, with 705 seats up for grabs.

In Varietate Concordia is a hybrid between a character and a faction RP, a P2TM adaptation of the popular genre of “election games” and “government simulation games” popular on the site alternatehistory.com. Its purpose is to simulate the governance of the European Union, where the players signing up for the game play as Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and immerse themselves in the complicated European political system to accomplish whatever goals they or their characters might hold, including, but not limited to, assuming the position of President of the European Commission, the highest executive office outside of the unelected European Council.

Unlike standard P2TM roleplays, be it character based or nation based, election games place the most emphasis on, first, cooperation between players involved in the game, be it players in the same political party, or members of the same government, to achieve the most optimal possible outcome for the country/organization which the players command (in this case, the European Union), and second, RNG-based and turn-based mechanics tailored towards simulating government.

The game will be run on a turn-based format, where each turn will account for a single ingame year. Each turn shall end either one RL week after the last, or twenty-four hours after the initiatives of the European Commission have been submitted, whichever comes first. Each turn shall include actions taken both by all of the players participating in the game as well as the player who holds the position of President of the European Commission (and thus controls the European Commission), and will be followed by a turn report written by the OP (me), where the results of all the actions taken by the players will be processed and results given, as well as all the modifiers, issues and sliders which show the situation of the EU as a whole updated. As the term of the European Parliament, and by extension the Commission, lasts five years, every five turns an election will be held to determine the composition of the EP and the new President of the Commission.

Need Help With: I have the full explanation of the game's envisioned mechanics here. Well, almost full - I haven't detailed the process for how EP elections will work, but I had been working on this nonstop for like four hours and I feel like I need a bit of rest.

What I want to know is this:
  • Do these mechanics sound like they would be fun to play?
  • Would you be interested in the setting for the game, and would you want to play in it yourself? Could it be a bit too close to modern day for this forum's taste?
  • Would there be anything to improve?

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:06 pm

I've made more time for myself. Not enough to host a full on RPG but enough to do long responses from time to time.

So I've started a CYOA. Since such isn't technically an RPG (I think... maybe- for the record- is it?) I thought I'd mention it here instead of the RP Advertisement thread.

I still do feel for having left the Mars Needs Windex RPG I was enjoying but I really do need to focus on my business, while also having some pleasures so- this project I have done.

It's my first NS CYOA so if any of you have suggestions, pointers, and other advice to help me I'd love to hear them as I've not hosted this sort of experience before (which is also why I don't know if it counts as an RP for the Advertising thread).

Some ideas I've had include a spoiler in the first post for each of the two protagonists (Hala and John) so as to keep track of details regarding both so the voters can feel a bit educated in their choices.
Tomorrow is made today.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 am

Hey Harbertia. We completely understand how your current situation required you to step back fromMars Needs Windex. When things get less busy, you're always welcome back.

As for the rest of you, consider joining one of the few comedy RPs out there, based on interstellar janitors who are looking like they are going to have to save the universe.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 am

Talchyon wrote:Hey Harbertia. We completely understand how your current situation required you to step back fromMars Needs Windex. When things get less busy, you're always welcome back.

As for the rest of you, consider joining one of the few comedy RPs out there, based on interstellar janitors who are looking like they are going to have to save the universe.

Is IC already started?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse