NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 am

i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard. Though it would be interesting to see a rivalry between poirot's and holmes's descendants.

The only problem is i am not finding many verses that would mesh overly well.

anyways, any thoughts?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 pm

So unfortunately, my game RP flopped. And it showed so much promise too. I’m probably not gonna put anything new up until Christmas.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:48 am

Shadowwell wrote:i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard. Though it would be interesting to see a rivalry between poirot's and holmes's descendants.

anyways, any thoughts?

Sounds interesting. I guess there's no way you could work in War of the Worlds?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:37 am

Shadowwell wrote:i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard. Though it would be interesting to see a rivalry between poirot's and holmes's descendants.

anyways, any thoughts?

Rather than pick specific fiction universes to include, I would just let people use any literary fiction universe that

A: is at least 100 50 years old (That's about the shortest amount of time you can fit at least three generations in, I think. I changed it from 100 in order to fit Agatha Christie in.)

B: has no hugely significant alt-history elements (This is necessary for all these stories to exist together in one world. Alan Moore was able to incorporate stories like 1984 and War of the Worlds into League, but he didn't have to worry about coordinating with other people, and is also Alan fucking Moore.)

As for specific verses that would mesh well, Shakespeare's plays, (aside from the historical ones about Rome and England, as they would kind of defeat the purpose.) Frankenstein, and Don Quixote would mesh well, I think. I would suggest Dracula as well, but that would just be a standard cliche vampire story.
Last edited by Utceforp on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:04 am

I'm looking for another OP for the Star Wars Ruusan Era to join myself and Brusia.

Right now the Co-Op structure is that while we both work on plot (with the two of us together working on threading the stories together in some web of relations) Brusia has superior authority over force affairs (Jedi politics, the Sith, etc) with myself handling other matters.

However I've found that due to prejudices on my part; or rather my own Lawful (and at times literal) nature underworld elements are ones I am not apt to portray- either I make characters too ... sympathetic or just crooked for crooked's sake. I also don't pick up on 'the low key' and other criminal mannerisms.

I thought I could handle the Judicial Forces, the Senate, Crime, etc-- but it's a vast galaxy with very diverse characters to tend to and my posts are taking days to get up. Further dividing jurisdiction and the circle for plot connectivity will be a great boon to the players who are eager to get started.

So even if you are not up for the criminal element (pretty much being the writer of the Underworld) your assistance in other matters will certainly be welcomed should you be qualified and hold interest in the RP. Between work, my brother being around after a long absence, and a need to change my diet (meat and bread as a diet has not been good to my brain and I'm having to introduce veggies) - I'm a bit overwelmed and apologies if that was too much information.

I just don't want my players to loose interest nor to disappoint them by being subpar after putting them through a challenging application process. Delegating some aspects to others will diminish my load and thus help focus my mind which has been spread out trying to grasp all that is happening.
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Utceforp wrote:

anyways, any thoughts?

Rather than pick specific fiction universes to include, I would just let people use any literary fiction universe that

A: is at least 100 50 years old (That's about the shortest amount of time you can fit at least three generations in, I think. I changed it from 100 in order to fit Agatha Christie in.)

B: has no hugely significant alt-history elements (This is necessary for all these stories to exist together in one world. Alan Moore was able to incorporate stories like 1984 and War of the Worlds into League, but he didn't have to worry about coordinating with other people, and is also Alan fucking Moore.)

As for specific verses that would mesh well, Shakespeare's plays, (aside from the historical ones about Rome and England, as they would kind of defeat the purpose.) Frankenstein, and Don Quixote would mesh well, I think. I would suggest Dracula as well, but that would just be a standard cliche vampire story.

That could work, I still might include some specific universes as I have, but leave the rest to the players, so to speak.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Paplem
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Paplem » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:14 am

F

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Nuridia wrote:So unfortunately, my game RP flopped. And it showed so much promise too. I’m probably not gonna put anything new up until Christmas.

Sorry to hear that, Nuridia. I thought your game idea had promise.

Feel free to join either of my two RPs (Delirium or Infinites) if you wish.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

THE FIRST REICH

Postby Das Redner » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am

So I’ve got an idea about an alternate history RP. It’s set in the 12th century (1100’s), though the initiating events transpire from 1070-1110. The Holy Roman Empire is mass invading across Europe; Denmark, Poland, Hungary, across Italy, Flanders, and parts of eastern France.
The Empire has become a military AND political powerhouse, also effectively controlling the College of Cardinals and having established alliances with Novgorod, Kiev, and Norway.

In other words, the First Reich is “blitzkreiging” Europe, and it is changing history itself to an extent. Thoughts, inputs, comments?
Last edited by Das Redner on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of The Nu Reich. (Come join my region!)

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Untempered empathy is a cancerous tumor of the mind.

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Das Redner wrote:So I’ve got an idea about an alternate history RP. It’s set in the 12th century (1100’s), though the initiating events transpire from 1070-1110. The Holy Roman Empire is mass invading across Europe; Denmark, Poland, Hungary, across Italy, Flanders, and parts of eastern France.
The Empire has become a military AND political powerhouse, also effectively controlling the College of Cardinals and having established alliances with Novgorod, Kiev, and Norway.

In other words, the First Reich is “blitzkreiging” Europe, and it is changing history itself to an extent. Thoughts, inputs, comments?

There is no way the Holy Roman Empire would be able to launch that kind of campaign, even at its height.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Das Redner wrote:So I’ve got an idea about an alternate history RP. It’s set in the 12th century (1100’s), though the initiating events transpire from 1070-1110. The Holy Roman Empire is mass invading across Europe; Denmark, Poland, Hungary, across Italy, Flanders, and parts of eastern France.

There is no way the Holy Roman Empire would be able to launch that kind of campaign, even at its height.

Just a thought. I don’t suppose the ALT-HIST label would make it acceptable?

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:07 pm

For- a time I was working on an RP setting called 'Sentient Nature'... yeah not the most inventive name.

It's a bit of Red Wall, a bit of Zambezia, a bit of Alpha & Omega, and a little hint of 'The Animals of Farthing Wood'.

At least those where the inspirations.

As you can imagine players played sentient animals but not those of humanoid build now- they where just animals with civilizations, intelligence, faiths, philosophies, politics, etc.

--------------------------------

The setting began to take shape in the form of short stories I had created to build the world.

I'd try various scenarios to figure out how civilizations may have formed and how predator/prey relations are.

From those writings I eventually established some recurring characters-

one of them

my personal favorite

was Sala.

Sala is a royal, last of her line heir to her throne- who has gone into exile after a revolt overthrew her mother and saw her siblings killed by a mongoose- she's a snake.

I wrote various stories experimenting with her character- all in one pursuit-

refining a snake character who was friendly enough to get along with. Someone who could make friends even with 'would otherwise be prey' creatures.

As I constantly found that predator/prey dynamic hard to get around.

Eventually my stories lead her to develop a philosophy- one that she would desire to impose upon her realm should she gain allies willing to return her to the throne.

It's not a 'likable' philosophy- this image she has - and thus I made her the antagonist of an RP I had launched early this year.

BUT I'd like to have a little one on one RP with someone willing to further my exploration of the setting, and the character.

Someone able to bring a different perspective then my own and able to cooperate in telling the stories- while also just flowing in the RP.

So- this is what I want to do - There is a point where she spent about three adventures accompanied by a mouse character.

The fourth of those stories saw him leave her over something she figured he'd already know. The character is Max.

Sala had been caught by birds of prey and put into a pit of sorts. These birds recognized her, as of then yet to shed away royal marking and sought to ransom her back not knowing about the revolution.

Max was a messenger in route to Sala's former realm when the birds caught him and brought him back to feed her.

But- she saw an opportunity- Max could manipulate objects - he has hands - she does not - so after much difficulty and some force she managed to convince him that she isn't going to eat him and needs his help to escape.

And I do mean MUCH difficulty.

He figured if he was going to die any ways if he didn't help it wouldn't matter if he was being tricked.

So he got on Sala's snout and she crawled the walls of the pit as far as she could and he jumped the rest of the way, scamping out- and rather then just - go free- did help her get out as well.

Writer wise I did this to explore the 'predator/prey' dynamic in a civilized society- which was my whole point of making her character.

They had three adventures - encountering a utopian project though is perhaps my most remember-able. Like myself the township was trying to create a diverse population that lived in harmony... by excluding certain types on a wim trying to find an 'ideal balance'. Both she and Max learned some sinister truth about the ruling council, and while Sala understood them she was also among those to be expelled during another one of the council's exclusion decrees. Max could have stayed but knowing how they dealt with population surplus- had no desired to remain.

Max didn't leave her until the two saved a wolf who curious about them began asking questions that lead Max to realize something that Sala thought he already knew.

Max had been taking Sala to various settlements where she would mingle with the townsfolk and over all be very polite.

To Sala's surprise Max had no idea that between stops she would hunt while he was asleep- not in the towns but while they where outside settlements.

Sala thought that was rather obvious to which Max reminded her that she told him about eating grubs and so forth- and she explained that she does but that's not all and she never claimed that was all.

Anyhow the thought of someone Max knew potentially being among those she had hunted during their travels lead him to leave her.

So- I'd like to try exploring the two again but this time not by my own stories- but rather a cooperative writing/RP experience with someone interested in taking on the role of Max after the two begin their travels. The journey of them might be shorter- they might make more associates (additional players involved possibly). Like if more then one person shows interest their can certainly be others- we just have to determine what the escape was like and why they would stick together- which is a challenge.

As stated I never did determine why Max stuck with her all that time and did it only to explore the relationship. Heck I'm willing to do the same thing as Sala with a different character of your design as part of that other perspective I've been seeking.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Das Redner wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:There is no way the Holy Roman Empire would be able to launch that kind of campaign, even at its height.

On the Altenrate History Wiki we'd call it an ASB timeline; as in -Alien Space Bats-. There is an Alt-Hist community that is serious about the topic of exploring 'what if?' rather then - well- the above mess. I fall into that serious category. People go to Alternate History for answers- but some write alternate history to support some political notions rather then be speculative they'll be fanciful and headstrong over the nature of different factions involved in the scenario- ignoring points that demonstrate the dimensionalism of these real historical figures and factions.

But I digress pointing out that simply calling it Alt-Hist doesn't make it alright if the 'how' has no reason. If an explanation is not given.

To make it less - random and unlikely sounding- I suggest that Flarbinia consider how the HRE has achieved this- who is the Emperor and why is the Empire suddenly more united then it historically was?
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:01 am

Harbertia wrote:
Das Redner wrote:

On the Altenrate History Wiki we'd call it an ASB timeline; as in -Alien Space Bats-. There is an Alt-Hist community that is serious about the topic of exploring 'what if?' rather then - well- the above mess. I fall into that serious category. People go to Alternate History for answers- but some write alternate history to support some political notions rather then be speculative they'll be fanciful and headstrong over the nature of different factions involved in the scenario- ignoring points that demonstrate the dimensionalism of these real historical figures and factions.

But I digress pointing out that simply calling it Alt-Hist doesn't make it alright if the 'how' has no reason. If an explanation is not given.

To make it less - random and unlikely sounding- I suggest that Flarbinia consider how the HRE has achieved this- who is the Emperor and why is the Empire suddenly more united then it historically was?

I took logistics, finances, and agriculture into consideration when I made my post. With all due respect, I still cannot see the HRE launch such a campaign without going bankrupt and the increased taxes causing peasant revolts.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:38 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:On the Altenrate History Wiki we'd call it an ASB timeline; as in -Alien Space Bats-. There is an Alt-Hist community that is serious about the topic of exploring 'what if?' rather then - well- the above mess. I fall into that serious category. People go to Alternate History for answers- but some write alternate history to support some political notions rather then be speculative they'll be fanciful and headstrong over the nature of different factions involved in the scenario- ignoring points that demonstrate the dimensionalism of these real historical figures and factions.

I took logistics, finances, and agriculture into consideration when I made my post. With all due respect, I still cannot see the HRE launch such a campaign without going bankrupt and the increased taxes causing peasant revolts.

I meant to say Das should consider an explanation as none are given and as you point out it seems impossible. I do appolize for the confusion brought on by my use of the wrong name this night.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 am

Perhaps a more tempered campaign? Hmmm... How about this?:

• Through assassination and political stratagem, a new Kaiser takes the throne with adequate support throughout the Reich.

• He establishes alliances with Venice and Milan-Genoa, and opens trade with Poland, Hungary, and Novgorod. He also raises taxes to a degree that dissatisfies the peasants, but not to a degree that immediately incites revolts.

• The HRE launches a full scale invasion into Denmark; Denmark is annexed into the Empire and Arhus is sacked upon conquest. With the conquest of Denmark, the Kaiser lowers taxes in certain feifs while heavily taxing the subdued Denmark.

• Soon after, the HRE invades Flanders, annexing the territory and sacking major settlements to further fund future campaigns. The Kaiser brokers for a military alliance with the Republic of Novgorod, to which they agree.

•(Please correct me if I’m historically incorrect here!) The HRE then seizes numerous eastern French territories that were ruled by “Robber Barons” disloyal to the French crown. (Metz, Dijon.... again correct me if I’m wrong.)

•Poland and Hungary enter into a military alliance together. Meanwhile, the HRE has been encroaching on the French’s eastern borders, while the English/Normans have been duking it out along the borders of Normandy with the French, skirmishes with occasional moderate battles. Facing war on two fronts, France’s forces on spread thin. Before long, the HRE officially declares war on France and marches over their borders. Seeing the predicament France faces, the English reinforce their push against France, and seize Angers and Rennes.

•The HRE soon stands before Paris. The French, beleaguered and bankrupt, sue for peace.
After a week long conference, France surrenders much of it's southern territory to the HRE in exchange for peace.

•To the east, Novgorod and Kiev have been growing at odds with Poland and Hungary, and war could be eminent. Novgorod calls upon the HRE for aid should war break out. Seeing an opportunity to acquire yet more lands for the Reich, the Kaiser agrees. And soon the HRE and Novgorod are regularly agitating the Pols and Hungarians.

•To the south, the rivalry between Milan and Venice begin to fester, and the two states soon find themselves teetering on open warfare. The Kaiser watches closely from the side while preparing for war with Poland and Hungary.

And this is as far as I’ve gotten.
Last edited by Das Redner on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 am

Das Redner wrote:Perhaps a more tempered campaign? Hmmm... How about this?:

• Through assassination and political stratagem, a new Kaiser takes the throne with adequate support throughout the Reich.

• He establishes alliances with Venice and Milan-Genoa, and opens trade with Poland, Hungary, and Novgorod. He also raises taxes to a degree that dissatisfies the peasants, but not to a degree that immediately incites revolts.

• The HRE launches a full scale invasion into Denmark; Denmark is annexed into the Empire and Arhus is sacked upon conquest. With the conquest of Denmark, the Kaiser lowers taxes in certain feifs while heavily taxing the subdued Denmark.

• Soon after, the HRE invades Flanders, annexing the territory and sacking major settlements to further fund future campaigns. The Kaiser brokers for a military alliance with the Republic of Novgorod, to which they agree.

•(Please correct me if I’m historically incorrect here!) The HRE then seizes numerous eastern French territories that were ruled by “Robber Barons” disloyal to the French crown. (Metz, Dijon.... again correct me if I’m wrong.)

•Poland and Hungary enter into a military alliance together. Meanwhile, the HRE has been encroaching on the French’s eastern borders, while the English/Normans have been duking it out along the borders of Normandy with the French, skirmishes with occasional moderate battles. Facing war on two fronts, France’s forces on spread thin. Before long, the HRE officially declares war on France and marches over their borders. Seeing the predicament France faces, the English reinforce their push against France, and seize Angers and Rennes.

•The HRE soon stands before Paris. The French, beleaguered and bankrupt, sue for peace.
After a week long conference, France surrenders much of it's southern territory to the HRE in exchange for peace.

•To the east, Novgorod and Kiev have been growing at odds with Poland and Hungary, and war could be eminent. Novgorod calls upon the HRE for aid should war break out. Seeing an opportunity to acquire yet more lands for the Reich, the Kaiser agrees. And soon the HRE and Novgorod are regularly agitating the Pols and Hungarians.

•To the south, the rivalry between Milan and Venice begin to fester, and the two states soon find themselves teetering on open warfare. The Kaiser watches closely from the side while preparing for war with Poland and Hungary.

Perfect.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:47 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Das Redner wrote:Perhaps a more tempered campaign? Hmmm... How about this?:

Perfect.

No issues here.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:11 pm

The real question is would this RP attract adequate enough interest? Even with just 3 or 4 other people I could make it work I think.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:49 pm

With Ace Combat 7 just around the corner would anyone be interested in an RP set in the Ace Combat universe? I know there's one that's been going for a couple years at this point but there hasn't been a post in it in a couple months so I'm assuming there's probably space for another by now.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Dayganistan wrote:With Ace Combat 7 just around the corner would anyone be interested in an RP set in the Ace Combat universe? I know there's one that's been going for a couple years at this point but there hasn't been a post in it in a couple months so I'm assuming there's probably space for another by now.

I could be, though I'm not presently interested. I've not played any of those games- the closest experiences I've had is flying starfighters- and seeing a 'Danger Zone' music video involving jetfighters in a video game.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Anyone familiar with Asian Medieval Fantasy? Last year I had started work on such a project, and it became near to completing the world building phase. Though over time a number of those involved have become 'ex-nations' and I don't want to be accused of Necromancy posting in the old thread so- I'm wondering if anyone is willing to help me out in finishing the work that began those years ago.

The work that still needs to be done, as you can see from the link is; the world's Mythology, details of the clans, and the Kingdoms.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Well... plot is usually where I lack the most attention. Got no plans for plot- it's like- here is the world-.... do something- maybe... :/ .... hmm....So I figure a good place to star with plot is organizations in the setting. Those have objectives- surely something can be made of that.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Evil dolls go on a apartment building murder spree.

THE DOLLS

Mirabelle

Constance

Margo

Nessa
Last edited by Das Redner on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Das Redner wrote:Evil dolls go on a apartment building murder spree.

THE DOLLS

Mirabelle

Constance

Margo

Nessa

There probably is a group willing to participate in a slasher flick.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse