NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 4: Brainstorming, Discussion, Tea, Advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue May 08, 2018 5:34 am

Flarbinia wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: Storm Of Fire

Thanos has claimed all five Infinity Gems, wiping out half of all life in the universe with the snap of his fingers. With the majority of the remaining Avengers are focused on fighting Thanos, new Supervillians rose up as Anti-Mutant and Anti-Inhuman hysteria began to rise, the only team left to fight them being the Defenders and the X-Men. However, even with the help of Wong, Ant Man, The Wasp, Venom, Deadpool, and Phil Coulson's team, there are simply too many for them to fight, as neither team can be everywhere at once. However, just as dusk must be followed by dawn, catastrophe must be followed by recovery. A man dressed up like a bat is fighting crime in Gotham, a man in a red cape has been reported flying over Metropolis, The Flash fighting a giant gorilla has made the headlines, a purse snatcher is recovering in a hospital after being shot with arrows by a man dressed in green, and there are rumors that a group calling themselves the Teen Titans are protecting a recently urbanized area called Jump City. It appears that a new wave of heroes has arrived
Genre/s: Superhero
Character or Faction Based: Character/Faction
Detailed Description: This RP is a crossover where various DC heroes, as well as Spawn and Hellboy, are showing up after the events of Infinity War (though Hellboy doesn't show up until Doctor Doom's first appearance). You, the player, get to play as a hero or a villain (Established or OC) that belongs to DC or Marvel (Spawn and Hellboy being obvious exceptions), though they can't play as any Marvel character who died in Infinity War. The Teen Titans are based on the Teen Titans show that ran from 2003 to 2006, but the backstories of Cyborg and Starfire have been changed to fit the setting. Spawn is based off the HBO show and Hellboy is based off the films. Batman is based off of the Dark Knight Trilogy with some Batman The Animated Series thrown in (same with Two-Face and the Scarecrow). The Joker (who shows up in chapter two) is a mix of Heath Ledger Joker, Jack Nicholson Joker, and Mark Hamill Joker while Riddler (who shows up in the second half of chapter two) is a mix of Gotham Riddler and Batman The Animated Series Riddler. Unfortunately, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Zatanna, Constantine, Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Mister Freeze will not be showing up until the sequel.

Need Help With: How Spawn, Hellboy, Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Robin, Beast Boy, and DC, Hellboy, and Spawn villains fit into the setting

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

I take it you've seen the movie? Just be sure you're willing to commit to this beyond the initial hype if you intend to keep this RP going for a long time, and maybe make sure that whomever's signing up isn't just interested in prolonging their post-movie buzz.

As for how to fit them in, you could perhaps accredit their appearance as a malfunction of Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet, tearing a rift in reality?

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue May 08, 2018 8:57 am

ESTERNiAL wrote:

Thanos has claimed all five Infinity Gems, wiping out half of all life in the universe with the snap of his fingers. With the majority of the remaining Avengers are focused on fighting Thanos, new Supervillians rose up as Anti-Mutant and Anti-Inhuman hysteria began to rise, the only team left to fight them being the Defenders and the X-Men. However, even with the help of Wong, Ant Man, The Wasp, Venom, Deadpool, and Phil Coulson's team, there are simply too many for them to fight, as neither team can be everywhere at once. However, just as dusk must be followed by dawn, catastrophe must be followed by recovery. A man dressed up like a bat is fighting crime in Gotham, a man in a red cape has been reported flying over Metropolis, The Flash fighting a giant gorilla has made the headlines, a purse snatcher is recovering in a hospital after being shot with arrows by a man dressed in green, and there are rumors that a group calling themselves the Teen Titans are protecting a recently urbanized area called Jump City. It appears that a new wave of heroes has arrived
Detailed Description: This RP is a crossover where various DC heroes, as well as Spawn and Hellboy, are showing up after the events of Infinity War (though Hellboy doesn't show up until Doctor Doom's first appearance). You, the player, get to play as a hero or a villain (Established or OC) that belongs to DC or Marvel (Spawn and Hellboy being obvious exceptions), though they can't play as any Marvel character who died in Infinity War. The Teen Titans are based on the Teen Titans show that ran from 2003 to 2006, but the backstories of Cyborg and Starfire have been changed to fit the setting. Spawn is based off the HBO show and Hellboy is based off the films. Batman is based off of the Dark Knight Trilogy with some Batman The Animated Series thrown in (same with Two-Face and the Scarecrow). The Joker (who shows up in chapter two) is a mix of Heath Ledger Joker, Jack Nicholson Joker, and Mark Hamill Joker while Riddler (who shows up in the second half of chapter two) is a mix of Gotham Riddler and Batman The Animated Series Riddler. Unfortunately, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Zatanna, Constantine, Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Mister Freeze will not be showing up until the sequel.

Need Help With: How Spawn, Hellboy, Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Robin, Beast Boy, and DC, Hellboy, and Spawn villains fit into the setting

I take it you've seen the movie? Just be sure you're willing to commit to this beyond the initial hype if you intend to keep this RP going for a long time, and maybe make sure that whomever's signing up isn't just interested in prolonging their post-movie buzz.

As for how to fit them in, you could perhaps accredit their appearance as a malfunction of Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet, tearing a rift in reality?

Yes, I have seen Infinity War. As for your suggestion, I will consider it.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 am

Firaxin wrote:

Sounds cool. You might want to put some limits on certain heros up, because characters like Ghost Rider would easily beat Thanos with full infinity gauntlet.

Ghost Rider and Hellboy will be busy dealing with demonic enemies.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 08, 2018 10:05 am

I recently started a story concept involving a Character that dreams about other worlds, literally, and he physically and emotionally experiences what he dreams about, he gains the ability to travel to other worlds.

The rp adaptation would involve a group of such individuals, ending up in a world together. Some may have experienced many worlds, while for a few it will be the first time physically travelling. The characters would adventure and survive, and after a certain point, would either return to earth, or advance to the next world. It would be more fun and adventure, rather than surviving against weird multiverse amalgamated horrors and such.

Saga of The World Travellers

Within this mundane world of ours there exist people who can see into other worlds, most dream of other worlds. This is how many popular franchises were started in fact, however they only saw into them. There are a rare few that can physically travel to other worlds, worlds so very different from our own. Fantasy worlds, with elves, dragons, monsters, and magic, or worlds where caped crusaders with superpowers regularly save the day.

The worlds would be worlds of my own creation mostly, either from my stories or rps here, (finally found a use for dead rp concepts i want to use, but could not get interest for, :P), though i might verge into the worlds of the rps/universes of others, the World Travellers would not be the MC's, but rather passersby after or before most major events or such have happened.
Thoughts?

Though i have no internet currently, still thought i would put this out there. WHas is in italics is just a rather basic thing, i unfortunately cannot easily transfer stuff i have written at my house to elsewhere, so yeah.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue May 08, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue May 08, 2018 10:13 am

Shadowwell wrote:I recently started a story concept involving a Character that dreams about other worlds, literally, and he physically and emotionally experiences what he dreams about, he gains the ability to travel to other worlds.

The rp adaptation would involve a group of such individuals, ending up in a world together. Some may have experienced many worlds, while for a few it will be the first time physically travelling. The characters would adventure and survive, and after a certain point, would either return to earth, or advance to the next world. It would be more fun and adventure, rather than surviving against weird multiverse amalgamated horrors and such.

Within this mundane world of ours there exist people who can see into other worlds, most dream of other worlds. This is how many popular franchises were started in fact, however they only saw into them. There are a rare few that can physically travel to other worlds, worlds so very different from our own. Fantasy worlds, with elves, dragons, monsters, and magic, or worlds where caped crusaders with superpowers regularly save the day.

The worlds would be worlds of my own creation mostly, either from my stories or rps here, (finally found a use for dead rp concepts i want to use, but could not get interest for, :P), though i might verge into the worlds of the rps/universes of others, the World Travellers would not be the MC's, but rather passersby after or before most major events or such have happened.
Thoughts?

Though i have no internet currently, still thought i would put this out there. WHas is in italics is just a rather basic thing, i unfortunately cannot easily transfer stuff i have written at my house to elsewhere, so yeah.

That sounds neat.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am

Shadowwell wrote:I recently started a story concept involving a Character that dreams about other worlds, literally, and he physically and emotionally experiences what he dreams about, he gains the ability to travel to other worlds.

Thoughts?

Your idea is the way I like my steaks: medium rare.

Haven Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haven Island » Tue May 08, 2018 11:29 am

Thoughts, advice, tips? (While I wait I mean.)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=442617&view=viewpoll
~Dai Hachu~

"Idle hands cause trouble."

~Mister Thirteen of RP Guild~

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Thoughts?

I'd like to read the IC of this certainly or rather look over it for great moments.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Haven Island wrote:Thoughts, advice, tips? (While I wait I mean.)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=442617&view=viewpoll

While you wait for interest :) Perhaps put up an advertisement on this thread to draw attention. A lot of players go there first when looking for new RPs to join.
Tomorrow is made today.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Fri May 11, 2018 2:01 am

Right, soooo...it's been about a year since I last tried to run any RPs and I kinda want to give it a go again.

To get back into the swing of things, my first thought was just rebooting an old RP...buuut, looking back at this particular one, I realize that just doing copypasta would lead to a severe lack of turn out. While character creation needs a huuuuuge overhaul- or, at least something much less wonky than what I previously had gerry-rigged together- what I really need help with is the world building. There really isn't a lot of depth to it, and that always kinda bugged me. :?
Last edited by Corvus Metallum on Fri May 11, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Right, soooo...it's been about a year since I last tried to run any RPs and I kinda want to give it a go again.

To get back into the swing of things, my first thought was just rebooting an old RP...buuut, looking back at this particular one, I realize that just doing copypasta would lead to a severe lack of turn out. While character creation needs a huuuuuge overhaul- or, at least something much less wonky than what I previously had gerry-rigged together- what I really need help with is the world building. There really isn't a lot of depth to it, and that always kinda bugged me. :?

Oh, yes! Ashland! I absolutely loved that! If you need some help worldbuilding, I am very eager! After all, I wanted to do that anyway with my character the last time around.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri May 11, 2018 3:38 am

Some time ago I tried to start a 'Sims RPG Network' here on NS. 19 threads where planned yet only three created; Moonlight Falls, Isla Paradiso, and La Fiesta Tech.

It's rather ambitious and that's what really nipped me as I didn't have people to operate the various threads and thus became overwhelmed by the content. Still it's a cool project.

I'm not sure if I want to pick up where the project left off or just join an RP like this. I just don't usually see such RPs up on NS save perhaps school RPs. Moonlight Falls was the most successful- actually the only thread of those three with an active IC.

... maybe I could get the Utopian Future thread up and not mention the network unless the RP catches on.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri May 11, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Fri May 11, 2018 9:11 am

So I've been thinking of doing an RP set during a civil war in some country with the players taking on the role of unit commanders rather than being individual characters or commanders of entire armies. Something I want for this is some sort of mechanic for acquiring new weapons and equipment to use in battle, whether that's through capturing enemy hardware or being supplied by an outside power. I'm just not really sure how to go about it in a fair way to not limit creative freedom, while also preventing wanking like capturing a depot of Leopard 2s or saying Russia gave them T-14 Armatas in their first post.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 am

Harbertia wrote:

Thoughts?

I'd like to read the IC of this certainly or rather look over it for great moments.

I thought that myself. Another thing i forgot to mention was that depending, characters would possibly gain traits from the worlds they pass through, gaining magic from a fantasy world, a superpower of some sort from a superhero world, etc. It would just be limited to things like that, and not items, because that could make certain latter plans difficult, depending, as some of the worlds will be futuristic or alt history or such.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 am

Dayganistan wrote:So I've been thinking of doing an RP set during a civil war in some country with the players taking on the role of unit commanders rather than being individual characters or commanders of entire armies. Something I want for this is some sort of mechanic for acquiring new weapons and equipment to use in battle, whether that's through capturing enemy hardware or being supplied by an outside power. I'm just not really sure how to go about it in a fair way to not limit creative freedom, while also preventing wanking like capturing a depot of Leopard 2s or saying Russia gave them T-14 Armatas in their first post.

Have points on the map that give an asset to the player who holds it. For example a radio tower improves recruitment while a landing strip allows the player to perform air drops. Having a combination of such points allow for the factions allies to support in more ways. A landing strip allows the US to send OSS agents for example but only if the faction also controls a radio tower. As the host you should decide how the US and USSR support the factions and which unit commander gets what asset.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 am

Dayganistan wrote:So I've been thinking of doing an RP set during a civil war in some country with the players taking on the role of unit commanders rather than being individual characters or commanders of entire armies. Something I want for this is some sort of mechanic for acquiring new weapons and equipment to use in battle, whether that's through capturing enemy hardware or being supplied by an outside power. I'm just not really sure how to go about it in a fair way to not limit creative freedom, while also preventing wanking like capturing a depot of Leopard 2s or saying Russia gave them T-14 Armatas in their first post.

Creating a form of game mechanics would be the obvious step. You can make sure the players have some numerical (or other) value that you can pit against one another and against possible NPC's. Also, having a referee to set up the setting and guard it would be necessary. For example, if player 1 fights and NPC group, then the referee would have to decide who wins, taking all measures into account. Imagine that my group of lightly-armed citizen militias attack a dug-in emplacement of crack Republican Guards, then the referee needs to decide who wins, who takes which casualties and what happens to supplies. In this example, the referee would decide that my forces are scattered, that half my troops are dead and that I only have limited ammunition left. Also, morale has taken a big hit.

As for an example of evaluation, you could use a system wherein every players picks two traits from a list. Two positive and two negative. Positive traits could be:

( ) Hero of the people (extra popular support)
( ) Well-funded (extra supplies)
( ) Well-armed (Better weapons)
( ) Fanatics (extra morale)
( ) Goose-stepping (extra discipline)
Among others.

Negative traits could be
( ) Citizen militia (Less funding, discipline and worse weapons, but good morale)
( ) Leaderless mob (less discipline)
( ) Conscripts (less morale)
( ) Despised (less popular support)
( ) Poorly trained (less effective fighting force in general)

These are examples, of course, but it could provide you with a basis. Of course, other systems could work as well, and I would suggest asking G-Tech. He is the resident number-cruncher general.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 am

Harbertia wrote:

Have points on the map that give an asset to the player who holds it. For example a radio tower improves recruitment while a landing strip allows the player to perform air drops. Having a combination of such points allow for the factions allies to support in more ways. A landing strip allows the US to send OSS agents for example but only if the faction also controls a radio tower. As the host you should decide how the US and USSR support the factions and which unit commander gets what asset.

I would absolutely love to advise on this, if that would be at all desirable
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:

Creating a form of game mechanics would be the obvious step. You can make sure the players have some numerical (or other) value that you can pit against one another and against possible NPC's. Also, having a referee to set up the setting and guard it would be necessary. For example, if player 1 fights and NPC group, then the referee would have to decide who wins, taking all measures into account. Imagine that my group of lightly-armed citizen militias attack a dug-in emplacement of crack Republican Guards, then the referee needs to decide who wins, who takes which casualties and what happens to supplies. In this example, the referee would decide that my forces are scattered, that half my troops are dead and that I only have limited ammunition left. Also, morale has taken a big hit.

As for an example of evaluation, you could use a system wherein every players picks two traits from a list. Two positive and two negative. Positive traits could be:

( ) Hero of the people (extra popular support)
( ) Well-funded (extra supplies)
( ) Well-armed (Better weapons)
( ) Fanatics (extra morale)
( ) Goose-stepping (extra discipline)
Among others.

Negative traits could be
( ) Citizen militia (Less funding, discipline and worse weapons, but good morale)
( ) Leaderless mob (less discipline)
( ) Conscripts (less morale)
( ) Despised (less popular support)
( ) Poorly trained (less effective fighting force in general)

These are examples, of course, but it could provide you with a basis. Of course, other systems could work as well, and I would suggest asking G-Tech. He is the resident number-cruncher general.

That sounds cool.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Anyone else working on a fantasy RP? I'm already helping out with Traveler but I'd like to have something else to work on as well. Specifically something to join. I've hit writer's block on a game design project and am a little discouraged as I lack the programs to make the game and am designing it myself.

So something I can join or somewhere I can work with others on a project would be great- again looking for something of the fantasy genre and If it's something that I can and am interested in making a character in that'd be great to.
Tomorrow is made today.

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eclius » Sat May 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Made up my Mission Impossible RP, that took me 2 weeks of planning and 2 hours of typing. Please feel free to check it out!!! No knowledge about the franchise necessary, spots are limited

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=443039
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 13, 2018 7:36 am

So... in relation to a recent post I made about the NS Sims RPG NETWORK ....

My Sims 3 has finally stopped working; something to do with 'SPONSORPAY' and 'Console Unidentified' (the console not being identified is something that has impacted other things I can do with the PC like I can't use Discord because my Console can't be identified and I don't know why).

.... so yeah... I uninstalled it at last after many problems with the launcher (problems that go back to last year or perhaps 2016).

With that said; and seeing how Sims 4 is a major downgrade- I'm again as earlier considering getting something up or riding Sims 4 until it; as Sims 3 has- abandons me.

Like- I'm asking myself- what's the point of getting the games if they stop running after (2018-2013=) 5 years? It takes a long time- many ours of playing Sims to get far into the generations.... I just- don't know if it's even worth investing in Sims 4.

..... But I digress;

I"m thinking of getting the Isla Paradiso Sims RPG thread back running, I don't think that's necromancy- I'm not sure what crime that is on NS or what qualifies as such- but- seeing how Moonlight Falls was a success maybe- eh...

Ok, before I do any of that Is anyone up for helping with a Sims RPG on NS? It's a lot for one person to manage so I'd like people willing to handle some NPC/Public characters for the sake of keeping life moving. The previous RP sank as soon as the school day started- literally it only got that far because I can't manage a school RP as I have to schedule each character's classes and that's a lot of students.

Previous RP so you can see how well it was doing before deciding.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Usmoth
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Usmoth » Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 pm

So my nation is based around a never ending industrial age war on a massive planet. The war has gotten so bad that medieval armor and to an extent weapons are being used for protection.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in an adventure rp in a WWI-medieval and magic world? The players would form a party or two and search for the ancient relics left my the first humans to arrive on the planet. They'd encounter villagers, soldiers, veteran groups, the global insurrection, special forces, other adventurer groups, magic users, etc.

Sound interesting to anyone?
Sorry for the long wait, but my new nation is still a slow work in progress. Completely new map than this one has.

Things to keep in mind:
  • This isn't a single nation, but a whole planet full of many nations. I will usually reference a certain nation when posting.
  • The flag being used is just to represent that it is a planet, it is not used at all in the 'canon', as there is no one flag for the planet Instead I chose to just use an image of the planet.
  • I've referenced the prequels 124 times on F7.
  • This

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am

Usmoth wrote:So my nation is based around a never ending industrial age war on a massive planet. The war has gotten so bad that medieval armor and to an extent weapons are being used for protection.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in an adventure rp in a WWI-medieval and magic world? The players would form a party or two and search for the ancient relics left my the first humans to arrive on the planet. They'd encounter villagers, soldiers, veteran groups, the global insurrection, special forces, other adventurer groups, magic users, etc.

It sounds interesting enough, but it may require a great deal of world-building.

Usmoth
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Usmoth » Mon May 14, 2018 7:31 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Usmoth wrote:So my nation is based around a never ending industrial age war on a massive planet. The war has gotten so bad that medieval armor and to an extent weapons are being used for protection.

It sounds interesting enough, but it may require a great deal of world-building.

Yeah. Fortunately I've already established a world map, several nations, their leaders, etc.

Any rp would probably be focusing in a single nation.
Sorry for the long wait, but my new nation is still a slow work in progress. Completely new map than this one has.

Things to keep in mind:
  • This isn't a single nation, but a whole planet full of many nations. I will usually reference a certain nation when posting.
  • The flag being used is just to represent that it is a planet, it is not used at all in the 'canon', as there is no one flag for the planet Instead I chose to just use an image of the planet.
  • I've referenced the prequels 124 times on F7.
  • This

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 am

Usmoth wrote:Yeah. Fortunately I've already established a world map, several nations, their leaders, etc.

Any rp would probably be focusing in a single nation.

That seems like a good start to me. Letting players create factions, nations, etc. is a good way to encourage involvement on multiple levels too.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse