NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: Twilight (OOC|AU|Closed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Turmenista
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5729
Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Turmenista » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:10 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:You know, I just realized something: The Pillar of Autumn may have been severely underequipped when it came to evacuation methods.


Not really. Cruisers were some of the UNSC's biggest ships with the biggest guns, and had space for huge amounts of people and equipment. Theoretically people could use Pelicans to escape when using lifeboats became an issue.

The reason you think the Autumn may be underequipped may be since literally everyone onboard is scrambling for the lifepods. We're lucky to even have found one.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:50 am

I think I am gonna go for this. But is there any type of role that has not been filled yet by a PC or that could use another additional character?
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
New Finnish Republic
Minister
 
Posts: 2512
Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:I think I am gonna go for this. But is there any type of role that has not been filled yet by a PC or that could use another additional character?


Seeing as we have an abundance of medics apparently, the only thing I can think of is possibly a heavy ordinance character. Lots of explosives and lots of cursing.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am

New Finnish Republic wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:I think I am gonna go for this. But is there any type of role that has not been filled yet by a PC or that could use another additional character?


Seeing as we have an abundance of medics apparently, the only thing I can think of is possibly a heavy ordinance character. Lots of explosives and lots of cursing.


See, loud is not really my style. Need a sniper by chance? I ran through the profiles on the OP and found medics, several close quarters specialist and even a mechanic but perhaps only one marksman.
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
New Finnish Republic
Minister
 
Posts: 2512
Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:11 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:
Seeing as we have an abundance of medics apparently, the only thing I can think of is possibly a heavy ordinance character. Lots of explosives and lots of cursing.


See, loud is not really my style. Need a sniper by chance? I ran through the profiles on the OP and found medics, several close quarters specialist and even a mechanic but perhaps only one marksman.


Matti can always use a spotter :p
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am

New Finnish Republic wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:
See, loud is not really my style. Need a sniper by chance? I ran through the profiles on the OP and found medics, several close quarters specialist and even a mechanic but perhaps only one marksman.


Matti can always use a spotter :p


So far a spotter and a heavy weapons specialist. I can possibly work with these, never played a similar character to either but I can work with something new I suppose.

A heavy weapons user would be carrying what exactly? I imagine a shotgun, rocket launcher, grenades ect. Things that get loud.
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
New Finnish Republic
Minister
 
Posts: 2512
Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:
Matti can always use a spotter :p


So far a spotter and a heavy weapons specialist. I can possibly work with these, never played a similar character to either but I can work with something new I suppose.

A heavy weapons user would be carrying what exactly? I imagine a shotgun, rocket launcher, grenades ect. Things that get loud.


Pretty much. Granted, there's only so many rockets you'll be able to feasibly carry, so I'd probably have them have a good backup weapon that's lightweight. Probably an SMG would be your best bet there.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 am

OK, so a heavy weapons specialist would likely be in the marines or army right? I was gonna plan a navy character but it seems more fitting for such a role to be in either the Army or Marines.

So would a load out of a SMG, Rocket Launcher and Magnum be best? Or we sticking to two guns per soldier like the games use? Or would a assault rifle/rocket launcher be better as the former won't make him useless at med to long range.

I will look up the designated names after I can pick a load out. Decided on the heavy weapons specialist.
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
New Finnish Republic
Minister
 
Posts: 2512
Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:OK, so a heavy weapons specialist would likely be in the marines or army right? I was gonna plan a navy character but it seems more fitting for such a role to be in either the Army or Marines.

So would a load out of a SMG, Rocket Launcher and Magnum be best? Or we sticking to two guns per soldier like the games use? Or would a assault rifle/rocket launcher be better as the former won't make him useless at med to long range.

I will look up the designated names after I can pick a load out. Decided on the heavy weapons specialist.


I'd stick to two weapons, honestly.

An average infantryman can reasonably ruck around ~150 lbs worth of gear. So just take in consideration of how heavy and cumbersome a rocket launcher will be.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:11 am

New Finnish Republic wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:OK, so a heavy weapons specialist would likely be in the marines or army right? I was gonna plan a navy character but it seems more fitting for such a role to be in either the Army or Marines.

So would a load out of a SMG, Rocket Launcher and Magnum be best? Or we sticking to two guns per soldier like the games use? Or would a assault rifle/rocket launcher be better as the former won't make him useless at med to long range.

I will look up the designated names after I can pick a load out. Decided on the heavy weapons specialist.


I'd stick to two weapons, honestly.

An average infantryman can reasonably ruck around ~150 lbs worth of gear. So just take in consideration of how heavy and cumbersome a rocket launcher will be.


Makes enough sense. And the SMG is light enough to accomodate the rocket launcher and other explosives he could be carrying as well.
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat
 
Posts: 632
Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 am

Turmenista wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:You know, I just realized something: The Pillar of Autumn may have been severely underequipped when it came to evacuation methods.


Not really. Cruisers were some of the UNSC's biggest ships with the biggest guns, and had space for huge amounts of people and equipment. Theoretically people could use Pelicans to escape when using lifeboats became an issue.

The reason you think the Autumn may be underequipped may be since literally everyone onboard is scrambling for the lifepods. We're lucky to even have found one.

I did the calculations, canonically there were around 2700 personnel on the PoA by the time it reached Installation 04. According to Halopedia, the LoA had a mechanical complement of 5 longswords, 12 pelicans, 2 albatrosses, and 216 drop pods. It had land vehicles as well obviously. Even if we assumed that all these crafts survived the attacks, and the pelicans had troop carrier bays equipped, that would only allow 891 of the approximate 2700 to escape. Now we get into the lifepods. The Bumblebee lifeboats have a maximum capacity of nine people, eight if you're counting only passengers. To be able to hold the rest of Autumn's personnel, it would take exactly 201 lifeboats. The highest estimate I could find for Autumn's actual life pod count was only 63.

User avatar
Anowa
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16289
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 pm

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
Not really. Cruisers were some of the UNSC's biggest ships with the biggest guns, and had space for huge amounts of people and equipment. Theoretically people could use Pelicans to escape when using lifeboats became an issue.

The reason you think the Autumn may be underequipped may be since literally everyone onboard is scrambling for the lifepods. We're lucky to even have found one.

I did the calculations, canonically there were around 2700 personnel on the PoA by the time it reached Installation 04. According to Halopedia, the LoA had a mechanical complement of 5 longswords, 12 pelicans, 2 albatrosses, and 216 drop pods. It had land vehicles as well obviously. Even if we assumed that all these crafts survived the attacks, and the pelicans had troop carrier bays equipped, that would only allow 891 of the approximate 2700 to escape. Now we get into the lifepods. The Bumblebee lifeboats have a maximum capacity of nine people, eight if you're counting only passengers. To be able to hold the rest of Autumn's personnel, it would take exactly 201 lifeboats. The highest estimate I could find for Autumn's actual life pod count was only 63.

The Autumn had a lot of space removed for the upgrades meant for RED FLAG. It was never intended to be in a position where theyd need to abandon it. And with almost all covie attacks it was assumed that more would die than would be able to get to an evac craft.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa
United States of Conner wrote:STOP TRYING TO EAT PEOPLE
I'M FUCKING SERIOUS
GODDAMMIT

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:He continued to fight, humping from person to person, either cutting or obliterating altogether.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:I did the calculations, canonically there were around 2700 personnel on the PoA by the time it reached Installation 04. According to Halopedia, the LoA had a mechanical complement of 5 longswords, 12 pelicans, 2 albatrosses, and 216 drop pods. It had land vehicles as well obviously. Even if we assumed that all these crafts survived the attacks, and the pelicans had troop carrier bays equipped, that would only allow 891 of the approximate 2700 to escape. Now we get into the lifepods. The Bumblebee lifeboats have a maximum capacity of nine people, eight if you're counting only passengers. To be able to hold the rest of Autumn's personnel, it would take exactly 201 lifeboats. The highest estimate I could find for Autumn's actual life pod count was only 63.

The Autumn had a lot of space removed for the upgrades meant for RED FLAG. It was never intended to be in a position where theyd need to abandon it. And with almost all covie attacks it was assumed that more would die than would be able to get to an evac craft.


This still seems like a Titanic Scenario. And some of those numbers just baffle me. 12 Pelicans? Really?
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat
 
Posts: 632
Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:29 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
Anowa wrote:The Autumn had a lot of space removed for the upgrades meant for RED FLAG. It was never intended to be in a position where theyd need to abandon it. And with almost all covie attacks it was assumed that more would die than would be able to get to an evac craft.


This still seems like a Titanic Scenario. And some of those numbers just baffle me. 12 Pelicans? Really?

That's what Halopedia said, I was a bit confused too.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:28 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Makes enough sense. And the SMG is light enough to accomodate the rocket launcher and other explosives he could be carrying as well.

You're probably already set on demolitions, but if you choose to be a spotter keep in mind that they themselves are trained snipers, and in the best case scenario a sniper/spotter pair could switch off whenever needed. There'd likely only be one long-rifle between them so that the other could use closer-to-mid-ranged weapons for defensive purposes.

User avatar
The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11744
Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm

I am actually not set on anything yet. I just assumed demo was needed more. If a spotter is needed as much I'll definitely consider it.
The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.


Enjoy Magic? Academy RPs? Take a look at Kage no Sekai By Forest State


2nd Place Winner of "Best Sci-Fi Role Player" 2014
2nd Place Winner of "The Novelist" Award for Best Writer 2014
2nd Place Winner of the Silver Award "The Best Overall Role Player" in 2014

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 am

Republic of Washinton wrote:...

Just so you're aware, considering that your character is Army he would have been placed in cryogenics with everyone else not belonging to the Autumn, those coming in on Reach, thus he would have started with everyone else meaning he would have gone through the Mess Hall to the Armory to where they're now pinned near the Escape Pods. Had he been a Marine stationed on the Autumn his being elsewhere at the start could be explained, but as it stands currently you've removed yourself from where you should be. Just so you know.


Northern Poland wrote:...

Just note that your leg was attended to after the plasma torpedo hit. It's also likely that any corpses would have been dragged out into space seeing as how they can't hang onto things. You're also being carried by the Spartan-II since you'd probably have a hard time running with your calf muscle shredded (the biofoam stops bleeding but won't make you completely mobile). I must ask, did you read Anowa's last post or did you just skim it?

User avatar
Northern Poland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1171
Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Republic of Washinton wrote:...

Just so you're aware, considering that your character is Army he would have been placed in cryogenics with everyone else not belonging to the Autumn, those coming in on Reach, thus he would have started with everyone else meaning he would have gone through the Mess Hall to the Armory to where they're now pinned near the Escape Pods. Had he been a Marine stationed on the Autumn his being elsewhere at the start could be explained, but as it stands currently you've removed yourself from where you should be. Just so you know.


Northern Poland wrote:...

Just note that your leg was attended to after the plasma torpedo hit. It's also likely that any corpses would have been dragged out into space seeing as how they can't hang onto things. You're also being carried by the Spartan-II since you'd probably have a hard time running with your calf muscle shredded (the biofoam stops bleeding but won't make you completely mobile). I must ask, did you read Anowa's last post or did you just skim it?

Mostly Skimming so i can concentrate on Fallout
Not the Best Roleplayer, word of advice.
Disc: icky nicky#0815, I respond to all DMs Eventually! (I'm also Far more active on there!)
PRO: Capitalism, Social democratic Parties, Atheism, Religions, LGBT, Free Speech (To a certain Extent) Patriotism.
ANTI: Hitler, Communism, Mussolini, Nationalism, ANTIFA, ISIS, Trump, Hillary, Russia, US leaving the 2015 Paris Agreement, Stalinist Communism, Authoritarian Communism, Nazi Germany, Empire Of Japan, North Korea.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:22 am

Northern Poland wrote:Mostly Skimming so i can concentrate on Fallout

You should at the very least make sure to read anything addressing your character.

User avatar
Futrellia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1603
Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:25 am

Tagged, you're it.

User avatar
Turmenista
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5729
Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Turmenista » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:37 am

Anyone planning on posting anytime soon?

User avatar
New Finnish Republic
Minister
 
Posts: 2512
Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 am

Turmenista wrote:Anyone planning on posting anytime soon?


Kind of waiting on Anowa.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

User avatar
Vacif
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Vacif » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:58 am

Me, just trying to actually post it without grilling myself.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Credit to Beiarusia for the flag.
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

User avatar
Kinoka
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinoka » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi, I'm planning on joining you guys and hopefully there's enough space for me to squeeze into.

I'm planning on creating a small but fast character that specializes in explosives.

One person in this rp told me there was space about a week ago, so I just want to say that I want in (I'm still working on my app, itll take some time).

I'm also new to the whole rp thing, but I've read and understood the rules and warnings given (both from this and and a rainbow six rp) and will try not to cause any trouble.

User avatar
Republic of Washinton
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 395
Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Republic of Washinton » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Republic of Washinton wrote:...

Just so you're aware, considering that your character is Army he would have been placed in cryogenics with everyone else not belonging to the Autumn, those coming in on Reach, thus he would have started with everyone else meaning he would have gone through the Mess Hall to the Armory to where they're now pinned near the Escape Pods. Had he been a Marine stationed on the Autumn his being elsewhere at the start could be explained, but as it stands currently you've removed yourself from where you should be. Just so you know.


Northern Poland wrote:...

Just note that your leg was attended to after the plasma torpedo hit. It's also likely that any corpses would have been dragged out into space seeing as how they can't hang onto things. You're also being carried by the Spartan-II since you'd probably have a hard time running with your calf muscle shredded (the biofoam stops bleeding but won't make you completely mobile). I must ask, did you read Anowa's last post or did you just skim it?

Yeah I figured since I started later than everyone else I would have been moved along. Didn't want to make the story stagnate. Would that mean I would have been placed with you then or at least close by?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashkera, Dayganistan, Infected Mushroom

Advertisement

Remove ads