NATION

PASSWORD

Tiandi 天地 Alternate History || Discussion || OOC || Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

IC thread or seperate RP threads?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm

One big IC Thread
52%
Separate IC Threads
48%

Total votes : 21

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:33 am

Da Klan wrote:
ArUmdAUM wrote:It’s dead week for two of the co-ops so be patient please! Next week is finals

Oh kk

Thank you for your patience! As Arum has said, many of us have been having exams and papers (I just had 3 papers due last night) so we'll be resuming activities shortly. Stay tuned!

I believe all apps up to this point - unless explicitly rejected - should consider themselves accepted. I will be TGing all involved to see who is still interested and then ask all interested to join the discord sometime tonight. Perhaps we can get an RP planned relating to the events in the Volga.
Last edited by Daeseong on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Daeseong wrote:
Da Klan wrote:Oh kk

Thank you for your patience! As Arum has said, many of us have been having exams and papers (I just had 3 papers due last night) so we'll be resuming activities shortly. Stay tuned!

I believe all apps up to this point - unless explicitly rejected - should consider themselves accepted. I will be TGing all involved to see who is still interested and then ask all interested to join the discord sometime tonight. Perhaps we can get an RP planned relating to the events in the Volga.

Yes!

Actually, believe it or not, I have been very gradually chipping away at an OP for that. I could be finished tomorrow.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Vodenheim
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vodenheim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:38 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Aztlan (The Federal Republic of Aztlan)
Population: 75,000,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 10,525 USD (a thousand higher than IRL)
Military manpower (active/reserve): Active: 575,000 Reserve: 425,000
Language(s):Nahautl, various local dialects
Map Claim (Described or via Imgur): Present day Mexico and Guatemala, excluding Baja Peninsula
Nation description: The FRA is an industrious and highly efficient nation, one that garners a massive bureaucracy to provide services for its people. It operates as a Semi-Presidential Constitutional Republic and it’s Congress is bicameral: The People’s Assembly and the Grand Senate. It’s economy is mixed with a slew of state owned enterprises and a plethora of private businesses and corporate conglomerates. The economy in recent years has taken an upturn as recent legislation deregulated business standards and a steady flow of Chinese and Japanese capital has allowed the Republic to finance new manufacturing initiatives and infrastructure projects. Though dependent on foreign investment, the leaders of the Republic like to think it helps in the interest of self-reliance... or so they tell their own people. Truth of the matter is that most political and business leaders in the Republic are in bed with the Chinese and although recent economic developments have lead to the benefit of the people they still remain at the mercy of Beijing and Tokyo and subsequently Seoul for that matter who can change the fragile economic climate at the snap of a finger.

The Republic is currently undergoing elections, with the Eagle Party( Liberal), The Boar Party(Conservative), and the Jaguar Party(Nationalist-Populist) all fronting candidates. At the head of the pack currently is Jaguar candidate and wealthy industrialist Montezuma III, a man who’s platform consists of instating universal healthcare, protecting domestic manufacturing, bolsting military spending,and adopting a tough stance on Asia when it comes to trade who he feels are exploiting his fellow Aztecs. Polls cite him at 39% of the vote more than his fellow opponents.
Main nation on NS: Vodenheim
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional):
National History Overview: WIP
RP Samples (1-2): This is my first RP but I assure you I can write quality posts
Last edited by Vodenheim on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 pm

I'll post soon
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 pm

*trumpet noise*

The Volga Crisis thread is up, albeit very belatedly!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=439130&p=33727127#p33727127
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Daeseong
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:30 am

Rodez wrote:*trumpet noise*

The Volga Crisis thread is up, albeit very belatedly!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=439130&p=33727127#p33727127

This looks awesome! I'll gander a post over tonight.

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Is this sitll going? :O
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Budraria
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Budraria » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Yep.
The Republic of Budraria
| Budraria | National Fact Book | Europeia |
Budrarian News: None
Budraria is a republic, located in Southern China and Northern Vietnam.
It's government is considerably left-leaning, and advocates for equity, peace, prosperity, and progress.
Capital: Quandong
Delegate Chancellor: Fa Rong (SDP)
Prime Minister: Sunada Machiko (SDP)
Official Language(s): Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarians: -5.49

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Arventum wrote:Is this sitll going? :O

yee
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Awesome! I'll probably be joining ^_^
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:53 am

NATION APPLICATION

Main Nation on NS: Arventum
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Uhm, I’ve been surveying the P2TM RP for a while.

Theme Google Doc

Full Nation Name: The Sikh Federation, the Sikh Empire, the Sikh Kingdom, the Kingdom of the Sikh, Sikh Kalsa Raj, Sarkar-I-Kalsa. The term “the Mother of All India” is used to refer to both the current Maharani, and the Sikh Empire itself, in some more official settings; meanwhile, “the Sikh Federation” and “the Sikh Empire” are the most official names. Sikh and the plural term Sikhs refers to both the Sikh people and, more inaccurately, the people within their empire. India is often used to refer to the empire more simply, seeing as how they control huge swaths of the subcontinent.
Majority/Official Culture: Simply “Indian” as much of the population has a combination of Indian and Persianiate cultural traits, and because of propaganda as well.
Territorial Core: Modern-day India (down to Maharashtra and Odisha), Bangladesh, the remainder of Pakistan, the modern-day Andaman and Nicobar Islands union territory of India, as well as the rest of the Andaman islands including the Coco Islands also, if there would be a lack of a complete border between the Persian Empire and my nation, please just close it - I don’t care if you give the land to Persia, myself, or split it between us, but I just want the border to be completely closed for the sake of my sanity; if Jammu and Kashmir aren’t taken, that too please, or whatever is left of them
Territorial Claim: Pakistan and Afghanistan, Sri Lanka/Hela, the Lakshadweep Islands and the Maldives
Capital City: Dhaka, Sikh Federation - which is Dhaka, Bangladesh in real life - is the capital of the Sikh Empire. Extra info

Internal Organization: Internal Organization Google Doc

Population: 307,410,300 total total

Government Type: Pseudo-Secular Federal Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : The Sikh Empire is a largely (or seemingly) secular state, but the Sikh can’t be blamed if their highly progressive religious beliefs leak into law and order, or even the morals of other citizens. They have stoked nationalism, and it is at an all time high under Jyoti Kaur Naudh. The Sikh Empire’s policy when it comes to expansion has changed to the point that they are not unafraid to expand any longer, but they are far less imperialistic than other nations. They still prefer to expand as peacefully as possible, but their most recent expansion was out of a need for the consolidation of power, and the chance to eradicate future problems. In short they are a state of people empowered by the progressive attitude of their rulers.
Government Focus: The Sikh Empire is focused on a mixture of the military and the economy, but culture always plays an important part, and insuring that legitimate and the most proper heirs are available to succeed the Maharani is also important to the country. The military and economy help fuel each other. Research spreads from each one, while the military and its needs encourages the growth of industry that will, inevitably, be useful in other areas. Growing economic attributes allow the Sikh Empire to grow its military, but they are also limited by each other. A failing economy would prevent the military from growing, for example. The biggest focus at the moment is, frankly, attempting to bring the rest of the Sikh Empire “up to snuff”, and maintaining the present borders.

Head of State: Maharani Jyoti Kaur Naudh
Head of Government: Maharani Jyoti Kaur Naudh and Grand Wazir Kernail Dahko
Official Title and Breakdown of Title

Leadership: Maharani Jyoti Kaur Naudh and her Grand Wazir are the highest-ranking individuals according to law, with the Council of Ministers as well as the Governors playing an important part in the nation
Government Description: The Sikh Empire is a benevolent federal monarchy currently led by Jyoti Kaur Naudh, who is the first female ruler of the Sikh Empire. The monarchy is hereditary, and inheritance is chosen by the heir either being the oldest, or the choice of the current ruler. It possesses a ‘Subjective Bill of Rights’ that is essentially a constitution that the monarch can overrule at any time. The bureaucracy is also able to be overruled, making it extremely convenient for a monarchy that has rarely needed to use such a feature, should the ruler need to use it. There may be traits or a republic found in the empire in the coming years because mayors may be able to be elected democratically, and the possibility of a democratically elected Minister of Culture, who will be the first elected cabinet member in the empire, has been mentioned, but for now it is not seen in the nation. The Grand Wazir, and the Council of Ministers lead their individual ministries, and help to administer the empire. The Council of Ministers makes up the generically named Upper House of Legislation, which is more powerful than the Lower House, which can be overridden should the Prime Minister and Upper House which to overrule it. The Upper House is much smaller than the Lower House.

Majority/State Religion: The state, oddly, has no state religion despite the name of the country. Religious freedom is widely accepted as being the best in the region since the golden days of the Kingdom of Delhi. The largest religious demographics are Sikhism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, in order of prominence (from most to least prominent). Other religions - some foreign - have a small, but still notable minority in the nation.
Religious Description: N/A

Language: Google doc

Economic Ideologies: Mixed Economy Capitalism
Trade: The Sikh Empire has one of the world’s largest economies, and thanks to the British never deindustrializing the nation its territory continues to be capable. As a whole, India makes up at least 6% of the world economy, while the Sikh Empire makes up a good portion of that itself.

The Sikh Empire’s major exports are gems, precious metals, machinery including computers, mineral fuels including oil, vehicles, organic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, iron, steel, clothing and accessories, electrical machinery and equipment, knit or crochet clothing and accessories. Other exports include metals, mineral goods, industrial goods, textile and fabric goods, agricultural goods, armaments, jewelry, salt, pearls, ornaments, opium, maize, tobacco, and a variety

Their major imports include mineral fuels including oil, gems, precious metals, electrical machinery and equipment, machinery including computers, plastics and plastic articles, organic chemicals, animal/vegetable fats, oils, and waxes, armaments, optical, technical, and medical apparatus, ores, slag, and ash, and agricultural goods. Other imports include luxury and exotic goods, gems, building materials, and more.

The Empire, as said above, has somewhat mixed economy where it controls several areas, but encourages competition from entrepreneurs in these fields, though outsiders can’t buy land; free trade is definitely present. It is a land prime for investment (but the foreigners-not-able-to-buy-land thing will get in the way), and the Sikh Empire has an economy that is still developing, and most powerful in their original core.

The nation is somewhat reliant on others, and is, in terms of capability, somewhere between Turkey and South Korea. Its consumer technology is dominated by foreigners, while it is highly capable in its own defense industry. It can’t develop a fifth-generation fighter individually by itself, but can do so relatively easily with a partner. It once fielded 5 domestically-designed carriers, though most were lost, and produces a tank made by Puni Armaments that is as sophisticated as the Korean K2. It is a great power, yes, but on the lower end of things.
GDP per Capita: On average, it is around $21,000, but there is a massive wealth disparity. About 5% of the population has more than 80% of the wealth, while the rest lives in intense squalor. The wealthiest have stratospheric incomes.

Links on Deindustrialization:

Development in the Original Core:

The Sikh Empire’s original core (Delhi, Agra, Ajmer, Awadh, Allahabad, and Gujarat governorates) has a well-developed infrastructure for a nation on the Indian sub-continent, especially because they've maintained/repaired the things constructed by the Delhi Empire. Though not as sophisticated as it is in more developed Asian nations, Sikh infrastructure certainly meets the needs of the Sikh Empire with grand cities, and developments are being made in an attempt to make it as well-developed as those in nations such as the Canto Republic and Han China, the Sikh wanting to be seen as better than they are seen now, with only a handful of their grand cities existing at the moment with most being rather… normal. A sizable percentage of the annual budget has gone into the military, and research and development. A still rapidly growing power, especially with relatively recent changes in government tracing back to efforts during its founding, they’ve successfully modernized their education system. They practice city-cleaning, and their cities are becoming finer as time goes on and people begin to take pride in the cleanliness, the Sikh Empire also currently looking into running water for all of India. Their urban centers are more popular than rural areas, but people in agriculture do very well, and benefit from irrigation systems that make the Sikh Empire able to export large amounts of agricultural goods. The road system left by the Delhi Empire (they replaced the Mughal Empire for my writing) has been expanded and improved upon, each meter maintained, and it is quite extensive, being on par with or surpassing those in European nations - it is a fundamental component of the Sikh Empire, just as roads were for the Delhi Empire. Their architecture will leave a legacy behind that will last for centuries, and the Sikh Empire is known to be devoted to their people’s happiness, and a system of “welfare” that provides food and shelter for work (though not always the greatest food and shelter); the government is attempting to decimate poverty, and it isn’t as bad as it is in many countries Europe, but the Sikh may be a bit too ambitious when it comes to this. It is far from perfect, but this nation will never stop trying.

Development in Other Areas: Bengal is noted in real life as having provided a boost in real life to the British Industrial Revolution thanks to the massive wealth that it generated, which led to Bengal’s deindustrialization and famine within Bengal, while the British - again, in real life - used the wealth to invest in British industries, especially textile. Bengal is likely the most well-developed part of the Sikh Empire outside of Delhi province, and still develops a massive amount of wealth for the Sikh Empire. The Sikh Empire uses the funding in much the same way, but it is instead for the benefit of all of India, especially those living in Bengal. Bengal is important in other ways, too. It has continued trade with the other nations and their successors since days long gone, despite the region being conquered and reconquered, and finally absorbed into the Sikh Empire. Economically, it is still one of the world’s most powerful regions, developing a nice portion of global GDP thanks to continued and constant development, and more lax laws when it comes to business with foreigners than the rest of the Sikh Empire. Though it doesn’t make up over half of the Sikh Empire’s GDP like it did for the Empire of the Delhi thanks to development elsewhere in the Sikh Empire, it still produces a large amount of about 42% of the Sikh Empire’s GDP. Thanks to the British never ruining it in this timeline, and money continuing to help develop the Bengal region, the region still contributes to at least 3% (this is one of the lower estimates, I think; I’m not great at adjusting numbers for a century of changes in an AU where things are much, much different than IRL) of the world’s GDP.

Outside of the Sikh Empire’s original core and Bengal, the development is in far worse shape. While roads are in excellent condition, and there are railways contract-built by foreigners connecting some of the major population centers and trade/economic hubs/ports (and the rail system is connected to several military bases along the way), the Sikh Empire’s limited capabilities compared to the nations of Western Europe and the Orient have led to it finding itself with the need to heavily develop their country; they need networks of Internet and cellular service hat goes beyond connecting major cities, and especially goes beyond being largely limited to the government and military, railways and underground railways (subways) connecting everything and all major cities, more railways on the borders, between major mining or forestry centers and the areas where such things are refined/used in manufacturing, industrialized mining and manufacturing, industrial machinery for agriculture, and more.

Economic Policy/Situation: The Sikh Empire has free trade in some ways, but outsiders aren’t allowed to purchase land, and they also have a somewhat mixed economy where it controls several areas, but encourages competition from entrepreneurs in these fields. Economically the Sikh Empire has a want to use itself as the major driver, but much revolution across everything from the economy to the military has been brought by foreigners and ‘injected’ into the mix. They believe that positive political relationships are important to the development of the nation, especially since their sophisticated army has come from the benefit of having immigrants from everywhere from Europe to Canto with can-do spirits, and have to balance that with any imperialistic ideals they have, as well as Sikh values. They want to provide armaments for much of Asia, to see entire cities constructed out of Sikh materials. Eventually, they want to become completely independent of the agricultural, scientific, and technological capabilities of foreign nations.

The Sikh Empire’s reputation is about 78% propaganda. Immigrants, tourists, visitors, and dignitaries are all directed to wealthier areas. There is blatant corruption in several areas, the poor people are unfairly and publicly caned because they can’t keep their /horrible/ living areas, some of which don’t even have proper running water, to the levels that are appropriate, and more.

Note: Economy Notes Google Doc

Currency: Google Doc

Goods & Resources: Google Doc (Note, I don’t have most of this RN, and might not have it ever. It’s just a resource list for most of the Indian subcontinent and related areas)

Army Description:

The Sikh Khalsa Army is the largest part of the military, and equals the size of the armies of the European nations during the Napoleonic Wars IRL, when combining the numbers of the core mainstays and reserves. It runs on modern tactics, possessing something similar to modern-day Franco-British tactics, and those who can serve range from the Sikh, to Muslims, and even Europeans. Pay in the professional forces is very decent, and the professional force is fearsome. Like with other parts of the military, the Maharaja or Maharani is the Supreme Leader.

The Sikh Khalsa Army has technology that is on par with that of the Asian nations, but this is largely thanks to its positive trade relations, which allowed it to build up a potent technology base in the defense industry. The military is known to possess some of the best shipbuilding and missile technology on the planet, with its missiles, in all likelihood, being among the top 3.

Because they don’t direct too much of their effort towards the navy, the focus on a strong, modern army has been quite successful, and produced a world-class fighting force. They have an Engineering Corps, a Medical Corps, and a Communication Corps. The Communication Corps includes the intelligence branch, and is made up of a nation-wide network of men and women - some of which accompany the military - single-unit agents (agents by themselves), watchmen and watchwomen, and scouts, and it is an efficient organization that tells of invasions, internal threats, and delivers communiques quickly. Conscription is possible, but they receive more than enough volunteers to the army from their population.

Ranjit Singh had successfully combined new and old ideas for the military of his nation, and the result is one of Asia’s most prominent modern combat forces - a force so legendary that is struck fear into the world’s most powerful nations, especially after reforms that saw their defeat at the hands of the Iranians. With the organization and and training set out by the Sikh Empire’s first leader and European officers, he created a army where soldiers were paid directly from the treasury, and performance standards in key areas made them far better than they had been before. Steady fire combined with guerrilla warfare when necessary, strong artillery and infantry, and a hefty sum going into research and demand simply made them the superior force.

The Sikh Khalsa Army’s Fauj-i-Ain, the Regulars, has 360,000 soldiers making up 60 standard regiments and 12 mechanized regiments. It is split into 36 divisions, and and 3 120,000 man armies. This allows for each of the 12 military corps to be split between the 72 regiments, with 2 standard regiments to every mechanized regiment. The 12 mechanized regiments include officers that, like all mechanized regiments have to be highly skilled, and many consider them to be the most skilled officers among the regulars. The guns are considered to be advanced. They have also adopted missile artillery, which has proven to be effective for them. The standard 60 regiments are each 6,000 soldiers large, and that number doesn’t count the 2 batteries of 5 guns each, and the 3 batteries of 4 missile artillery launchers each that have accompanied them that accompany them, nor the Engineering Corps, Medical Corps, or Communication Corps.

The Fauj-i-Khas, the Elites of the Sikh Khalsa Army, are a force of 40,000 highly experienced soldiers. There are 4 standard regiments and 2 mechanized regiments, with the 4 standard regiments having 8,000 soldiers each. That is a total of 4 divisions, with 2 infantry regiments for each mechanized regiment. Though the regulars of the army can be considered to be powerful soldiers, the Fauj-i-Khas are a frightening, sophisticated, highly dedicated force that, in real life, scared the British Empire as soon as news of its existence reached them, the British even telling their officers to arrest any Frenchmen traveling to join the Sikh Khalsa Army. They work with the same Engineering, Medical, and Communications Corps as the rest of the military, possessing the best artillery (the corps and artillery are not counted in the number, but are similar to those in the standard regiments). They possess the best equipment, as well. The Fauj-i-Khas have a good life despite not being of a higher social caste than your usual soldier. They are respected, paid much more than normal soldiers, are given a decent retirement fund, and are truly loved by the administration, thanks to their versatile skills and positioning as the premier special operations force in the Sikh Empire. They are a point of national pride, and will defy the enemy to the last man. As a symbol of national courage, they will forever and always exist.

The Fauj-i-Be Qawaid, the Irregulars or reserves, have a core force of about 345,000 - 160,000 of which are Jagirs, but the rest are reserves - that are well-trained professional-grade irregulars that could be put into action rather quickly compared to drawing directly from the population. The militia is not counted in that number. A plentiful number of militiamen are available to the Sikh Empire, while the ex-rulers of Misls provide well-trained Jagirs to the Jagirdar Fauj composed mostly of cavalry and infantry to the state, or paid taxes instead.

The Jagirs number into 32 regiments, while the militia forces have men no older than 35 and no younger than 16 (not all of the people in that range number will serve, however; how they are chosen is similar to how the minutemen were chosen) from every village and city serving in the militia that can be called upon to be ready by the simple sounding of a bell or electronic alert. Both the Jagirs and the militia forces are trained in defense-focused combat meant to be used against larger numbers, guerilla warfare, and whatever other forms of asymmetric warfare are necessary to create a force that is useful in the defense of the homeland both when it comes to your usual warfare, and your not-so-usual warfare; the Jagirdar Fauj are best known for being quite adaptable, with their normal training seeing the addition of guerilla warfare to the soldiers.

While the Jagirs and Irregulars are well-trained; the militia forces are not as well-trained and also don’t possess the same amount of decent equipment, with less support for them in terms of artillery, and the Engineering, Medical, and Communications Corps.

The Fauj-i-Kilajat are defenders of defensive emplacements that also function as the police in every settlement, and are another part of the irregulars. There are between 50 and 400 of the Fauj-i-Kilajat soldiers in each defense establishment of the Sikh Empire, but some may find that the Sikh Khalsa Army has the capacity to station far more than 400 soldiers at these positions. There are approximately enough Fauj-i-Kilajat for every town and city to handle day-to-day crime issues. They are not as well-trained as other portions of the Sikh Khalsa Army, but they do not need to be because they largely stick to fortifications, towns, and cities, doing what they do best by manning defenses and policing. Led by a Thanedar and his commander, the Killerdar, they aren’t likely to need to descend from the Sikh defensive emplacements since other soldiers will do so, but the Fauj-i-Kilajat can technically fight in closer ranges and on the field if need be, though they will likely not do so very often.

Together, these branches of the Sikh Khalsa Army make up a world-class combat force that, in real life, were perceived as a threat to British interests on the Indian subcontinent until the death of their founder.

Army Weakness:

• It isn't great at growing, and the army will first reach their full 1% capacity of around 3 million in war time before they reach their full 3% to 5% war-time capacity. To achieve this more quickly, they’d need to construct everything from additional ammunition factories to arsenals to hold the technology.
  • While historically the multi-cultural makeup of the Sikh Khalsa Army didn't cause many problems, it is important to note that the military contains members of many ethnicities and religions, with even European officers serving.
  • They won't be able to provide new technology super easily, I think. That's one of their other problems. If they develop new firearms better than the ones they have currently, for example, the Sikh will likely have problems spreading it far past their Fauj-i-Khas elites for a bit.

Fauj-i-Kilajat & Militia Weaknesses:

• Essentially just given an older weapon, bullets, a simple uniform, and a garrison (with a single medic, or maybe two) to sleep at. They can sometimes be seen working their own farms and raising their own livestock; this seems to help limit stress on supply lines
  • Best medical equipment and capacity for handling things is at the local base or outpost, where people can be more properly taken care of; unfortunately transport to the local fort might take too long, and people could die
  • The Fauj-i-Kilajat have limited support compared to the main army corps. There is no Engineering Corps to aid them within the Fauj-i-Kilajat itself - everyone is simply given a shovel. The organization doesn’t have access to the greatest benefits of the Medical Corps, and they largely have their medics limited to the forts, with only a single medic likely at the garrison. Aside from the small medical group and lack of an Engineering Corps, they do, however, have the benefit of a small artillery battery to protect them and their forts.
  • The militia has to send Communication Corps couriers to local fortresses to help the army communicate, as the military and their fortresses, as well as the government and some of the places they operate in, are the only real areas with telegraphs
  • Both the militia and Fauj-i-Kilajat have outdated equipment, or are simply poorly equipped. The job of the militia and Fauj-i-Kilajat most heavily includes acting as a defensive line while waiting for the more skilled troops from either the main army, or the Fauj-i-Khas.
  • The militia has a noticeably reduced supportive backing, and it is likely to be more easily taken out by soldiers from foreign armies that are both better trained and better armed.
  • Fauj-i-Kilajat are trained primarily in defending fortifications, and the skills of police officers. They are not going to be as capable as the army in any sense of the word.
  • Medics are in the militia, of course, but are largely made up of locals, and without local medics or doctors more people will die, and it’ll be pretty needless considering that the Sikh could have better organized or funded their militia. All leaders make mistakes and oversights, though, right? That doesn’t excuse a terrified, and always sweet 16 year old boy dying because the militia - the nation’s first line of defense - has been heavily neglected neglected.
  • The militia is far less developed than you’d want, with a noticeable lack of support from some of the corps, and no artillery, and not as much training as wanted; compared to the other forces, it is likely to be creamed by better trained soldiers in the long run, but it still manages somehow as part of the Sikh Empire’s first line of defense, and functions as a quickly prepared defense.

Total Active Professional Combatants: 745,000 in the army
Total Militia and Fauj-i-Kilajat: Easily exceeding 1 million, with them basically just being police

Naval Description: The Sikh Empire’s navy is composed of the blue water Admiralty of the Red Rain, and the extensive littoral defense and riverine fleets that are known to patrol the major rivers throughout all of the areas that are controlled by the empire, especially when it comes to Bengal. Both parts of the navy enjoy the plentiful shipyards of the former Delhi Empire, which are in large enough numbers and sophisticated enough to make the inexperienced Admiralty of the Red Rain quite the naval power when the time comes. However, at the moment it is used exclusively to protect shipping routes, deal with pirates, escort ships, act as messengers and couriers, and is largely focused on patrols at the moment.

The fleet focuses on quality over quantity. The fleet, when taking shipyards, resources, and wealth into account, is reasonable, possessing 1 battle-carrier (not like a Nimitz-class. Like a Kuznetsov-class, but functional, and with heavier armament ranging from 5 modern 16-inch/406mm guns with modern ammunition, to a missile armament, to a CIWS, to multiple 76mm, and around 45 fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, with 16 UCAV companions replacing 16 normal manned aircraft), 3 light carriers, 3 modern battleships, 12 cruisers, 36 destroyers, 45 frigates, 108 corvettes, 81 combat submarines (while 27 are cruise missile submarines, 54 are attack submarines), 40 multipurpose midget submarines (might be armed with torpedoes and mines, or they might be used for search and rescue, research [such as looking at coral, collecting samples, investigating wildlife, etc.], might carry swimmer recovery vehicles, and more), 39 utility and transport submarines (39 subs that are stealthy utility and transport submarines for German-style secret courieng among other things that can reach vast ranges, with these submarines known for ferrying supplies, weapons, special forces, and even being capable of acting as amphibious landing submarines), 36 minelayers, 54 minesweepers, 60 amphibious warfare ships, 3 amphibious transport docks, and 9 landing ship tanks. It is focused around the last remaining battle-carrier of the Admiralty’s trifecta, the Sikh.

The submarines, possessing nearly identical signatures, are capable of possessing up to 3 of the Sikh Empire’s nuclear reactors. The drive system they use is then assisted by turboelectric generators, and a power reserve. Then, they are propelled by electromagnetic submarine waterjets.

A notable littoral and riverine/brown water fleet made up of tens of dozens of vessels ranging from small gunboats to heavily armed, close-ranged warships patrols Sikh waters.

The other ships in the navy are hospital ships, and transport ships, plus other support vessels and tenders. The fleet also includes vessels designed for naval bombardment. While the Admiralty of the Red Rain is rather inexperienced thanks to having had no major naval engagements, thankfully their skill in coastal operations, their littoral fleet, and their access to high-quality armaments helps to make up for some of the downfalls of their blue water navy.

Naval Weakness:

• Largely neglected in favor of the army, which doesn’t bode well when it comes to powerful pirates that are only increasing in fleet sizes, and the capability to counter warships. This neglect is semi-recent, with it having had favor when it requested the funds to build much of what makes up the navy now, though the neglect has returned.
  • Quality over quantity is a great concept for a blue water navy that could in reality be much, much larger, but that doesn’t really work out too well when you have largely inexperienced sailors and have relied almost entirely on foreigners for management/leadership/education. Sure, in theory they are decent, but there are likely to be problems cropping up in battles thanks to the crews. Hopefully the more capable commanders can hold things together.
  • The Admiralty of the Red Rain’s blue water fleet is likely to put up a decent fight against invaders, but it is far from being able to compare to the full power of the far more experienced blue water fleets of Asian colonial powers. The result is a noticeable reliance on the littoral defense fleet, and cautious behavior being more frequent than usual.
  • Has to keep shipping lanes safe, and is competing with pirates that are growing their forces; the Sikh Empire is having problems with them.
  • Engagements too far away from the littoral defense fleet aren’t the most likely thing to take place with how the Sikh seem to be functioning at the moment, as they will likely rely on the littoral defense fleet for what is perceived to be a major threat to Sikh capabilities.
  • I mean, come on. The Admiralty lost a grand warship, and another one blew up… so, nothing is doing too well at the moment. The navy pumped most of their budget into creating a trifecta of three separate flotillas, but it failed horribly. It’s not necessarily incompetence, but some would term it that.
  • Currently underfunded. Part of the budget from somewhere will have to be reassigned if the nation wants more ships to be built, with other issues possibly cropping up elsewhere. This means that the navy could enter a state of decline rather soon.

Air Force

The Sikh air force is among the top five for its numerous assets, with its goal being the security of Sikh air space, engaging in aerial warfare, and fulfilling similarly important roles when it comes to, say, transporting things. The air force has 1,216 combat aircraft, which is a lot more than the army’s air corps arm as well as the navy’s air corps arm - 244 of these are fighters, 179 are ground attack craft, 694 are multirole aircraft, 36 are supersonic strike penetrator aircraft, 42 are flying wing bombers, and 21 are the air force’s unique multirole rigid body hybrid airships.

The air force also has transport craft, AWACS, maritime patrol vessels, and more. It includes 40 cargo airships capable of carrying a weight capacity of 350 tons. The multirole rigid body hybrid airships can fulfill roles ranging from airborne command and communications centers, to AWACS, to maritime patrol, to transport, to acting as missile and/or drone carriers, or as stand-off attack craft that are equipped with CIWS and long-ranged missiles as well as flares, decoys, jamming systems, and more to protect the craft, destroy defenses and aircraft at long-ranges, and more. Some of the transport craft are armed and expensive, with a few of these being an ekranoplan designed to function as a superheavy transport craft that can make use of unimproved beaches and ascetic landing facilities, while supporting the troops that land in entrenched locations by balancing things out against superior numbers with fire support.

The air force’s 36 supersonic strike penetrators are high-tech aircraft that are designed to enter enemy airspace, bombard foes, gather information, and more, largely geared towards covertly slipping through cracks in air defenses using their advanced stealth and delivering heavy payloads before returning home just as covertly, with their classified existence allowing the Sikh to deny responsibility. They are not necessarily designed to outrun anti-air missiles, but can instead defeat them through various countermeasures combined with their remarkable speed. The supersonic strike penetrators have a sister in their flying wing bombers, which are also exceptional craft. These large bombers, of which there are 42, are technically intercontinental strategic bombers that are capable of carrying an array of armament, and are functional enough that the Sikh Empire has in the past been known to deploy them to target masses of pirate ships, harass enemy vessels, and even fill in for littoral defense ships in areas where there aren’t any. These two types of craft form a part of the Sikh Empire’s core doctrine.

Air Force Weaknesses

• Aside from the airships and special craft like the strike penetrators and flying wing bombers, the Sikh Empire’s air force is usually considered average, except for its size
  • The air force’s craft, aside from the airships and special craft, have a composition that is a balance of semi-outdated aircraft that have been retrofitted and are continually being upgraded (course, you can only do so much) and newer craft. This is split in half.
  • The Sikh Empire’s air force has neither of the composition doctrines and past that make their navy and air force what they are. It is simply average, and will stay that way until they see more warfare.
  • Has average funding, too, for the most part. They received a temporary boost to purchase their special craft and airships. This means that if they lose a lot of these aircraft that the Sikh’s air force might not be able to replace them, and this also means that replacing them is quite costly for the Sikh.

Strategic Defense Administration

The Strategic Defense Administration composes one of the manifestations of the Sikh Empire’s doctrine, with it largely being an apparatus designed for deterring attacks and avoiding war. However, that doesn’t mean it avoids being dangerous. Of course, due to its nature, I’m likely not to use it frequently, and will almost certainly ask staff before I use WMDs. I might use it to, say, use non-nuclear ballistic missiles, however.

The Strategic Defense Administration covers even the orbital weapons of the Sikh Empire. These include a fractional orbital bombardment system, and satellites capable of deploying a nuclear weapon that will detonate in orbit and cause a massive EMP effect. There are satellites capable of targeting missiles and craft in space and high in the atmosphere.

The Administration has 27 ballistic missile submarines that use the standard Sikh propulsion and power generation technology. They have access to both chemical weapons and biological weapons, but haven’t actively developed either of those for around 10 years, as the Administration has been focusing on other things.

Further Military Description: Google Doc

National Goals:

• To build up a capable navy that rivals the Far East powers in, well, competence and experience
  • To maintain the army
  • To maintain the existing borders, and only gain territory while losing none if expansion is made
  • To broker new alliances and relationships with foreign powers
  • To fully industrialize all parts of the nation, as well as bring all parts of the nation to the standards found in the Sikh Empire’s greatest cities
  • To gain the understanding necessary to operate independently in everything from consumer technology (they also want to compete in this) to developing advanced technology like that in fifth-generation fighters
  • To completely overcome their reliance on foreign powers
  • To strengthen the economy, and close the wealth gap between different parts of the empire
  • To found a strong central bank
  • To eradicate the pirates
  • To eradicate the issues that lurk beneath the surface for the army, navy, and the empire at large
  • To enhance the output of regions like Bengal in all areas
  • To increase the agricultural output of the nation, especially when it comes to black pepper and spices
  • To broker a military alliance and trade agreements with Bhutan, Nepal, the rest of India, and, for the sake of peace, perhaps even Iran to form the Dhaka Coalition (though perhaps under another name). The Dhaka Coalition is to be primarily a Pan-Indian organization devoted to increasing cooperation to further each of the nations on the subcontinent, and enjoying mutual defense.

National Issues:

• The core of the Sikh Empire is and likely always will be the original Sikh land, or the Bengal territories. This has led to a massive discrepancy in the quality of life and economic capabilities that you’ll see within their seat of power, and those in other regions. The Sikh are attempting to repair this, however. Small portions of land that comprise Bengal and the six original core regions of the Sikh Empire are the only parts that enjoy such a thing, while everyone else from many of those near the south to those in-between the original six regions and Bengal and Orissa. The wealth gap is insane, especially when it comes to Bengal, which is probably one of the wealthiest regions in the world at this point in time thanks to the British Empire never diverting its wealth elsewhere as it did in real life.
  • To give an approximation, the seat of power of the Sikh Empire is known to be quite grand with beautiful cities that strive to be a paradise as grand as the Aztek cities of yore, while other parts of the country can be so undeveloped that disease can and will run as rampant as a local predator population that spiralled out of control. It’s a situation that one could compare to the Golden Age of Islam, with the Sikh having something that is almost paradise-like in some areas compared to the squalor of other parts of their country, though, to be clear, the nation isn't yet in a golden age.
  • The Sikh Empire’s core, and even one of their greatest cities - Lahore - are an uncomfortable distance from Iran
  • The nation is one of the largest importers of armaments in the world, as well as various other goods like consumer technology. They, however, hope to become one of the largest exporters in the world.
  • The notable population of foreigners and foreign business peoples still can't buy land, save for accomplished members of the military, government, or those who possess citizenship and can show an immediate need for the right to buy land to a court.
  • The Maharani has no issue of her own, and should she die her former regent would have to see to a currently 1 year old heir apparent, the Maharani’s nephew, traumatized thanks to a dying mother. She wishes to be married soon. Her twin brother cannot rule because he isn’t capable of fathering children and continuing the line.
  • Pirates be here, argh! No, seriously. naval build-up is necessary to combat pirates, as they themselves are seeing a build-up. If a build-up isn’t made, within a decade Sikh-patrolled shipping lanes will be heavily harassed by ships, and the Sikh Empire might end up cut off from the foreign trade that they so heavily rely upon for the money to develop at the rate they are developing, and the technology to grow.
  • The country is incredibly reliant on positive relations for survival, and has historically always needed these things.
  • As an odd contradiction, they don't allow foreigners to purchase land in most circumstances because, uh, reasons I guess? So, they can't take full advantage of the thing they're the most reliant on. An economic reform and/or new laws will be needed to take advantage of this.
  • Probably is most definitely putting on a facade when it comes to the issues throughout their country.
  • Deals with internal conflicts every so often, with different cultures sometimes spatting even under a Sikh rule that is known to foster better relations between members of society
  • Has no class system as a technicality, but the different classes are pretty obvious wants to look at wealth and the benefits given to the wealthy and their children. Thankfully, the Maharani is opening new schools for all peoples of all ages, and hopes to eradicate the pseudo-class system, as well as try to convince the bias out of her population and change the points of view of foreigners in the know. She really does care, though, thankfully.
  • People sometimes ignore the city cleaning laws, even though caning is used as a punishment for those who disregard it. Pride in clean cities will come slowly.
  • They need more railways, more extensive networking, and many different kinds of other industrial stuff. This need will likely lead to more reliance on foreign powers until they can develop this technology on their own.
  • Because executions are extremely rare - there having only been a handful in the history of the Sikh Empire, most, if not all, of them during Jyoti’s rule - the prison system is a little bit taxed.
  • Some internal issues in stability, but there aren't really widespread rebellions, riots, or dissident armies popping up right now

Unique Attributes and Technologies: Google Doc

National Figures of Interest: Google Doc

History:

4th millennium BC thru 15th Centuries

• 4th Millennium BC - Viticulture is introduced to India by Persian traders.
    • 1,500 BC - Hinduism is founded.
    • 6th Century BC - Buddhism is founded.
    • 224 - Rise of the Sassanid dynasty. Thanks to the absence of a Timurid invasion, the Sassanid dynasty would stay strong and mighty.
    • 319 - Rise of Gupta Empire
    • 605 - Fall of Gupta Empire
    • 879 - Rise of the Buddhist Ghurid dynasty in Delhi with a predecessor to the Kingdom of Delhi based in the Punjab, after the powerful family migrated themselves and their wealth to the area where they rapidly rose to power, before claiming Delhi as their own.
    • 1206 - The Kingdom of Delhi is formed by the of the Ghurid dynasty. The Ghurids are still Buddhist, and recover their former strength and pride, beginning a series of mighty conquering to expand their Kingdom of Delhi. Thanks to their presence, Persian and a Persianiate culture will slowly spread throughout territory that will eventually be acquired by the Sikh Federation. Eventually, however, the Ghurid dynasty becomes Muslim.
    • 1221 to 1389 - The Persians launch multiple invasions, and occupy Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan. However, the Kingdom of Delhi would successfully repel their attempted invasion into Delhi as a part of their campaign against the nation.
    • 1323 - The Pandyan Empire is defeated by the Kingdom of Delhi, which freed the Jaffna Kingdom from beings its tributary. Relations are opened between the Kingdom of Delhi and the Jaffna Kingdom, marking a period of increased trade.
    • 1328 - The Muslim merchants on the Malabar Coast monopolize the black pepper trade.
    • 1341 - The city of Muziris disappears during a cataclysmic-esque event that dramatically alters the geographical set-up of the nation.
    • 1398 - Bhagat Kabir Ji, an important individual in Sikhism, is born.
    • 1448 - Bhagat Kabir Ji dies.
    • 1450 - The Jaffna Kingdom manages to force back the Kotte Kingdom with the help of the Kingdom of Delhi. It becomes a vassal state of the Kingdom of Delhi, however, and the close-relationship between India and Hela (modern-day Sri Lanka) would be bolstered.
    • April 15, 1469 - Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, is born at the village of Talwandi in Punjab, India.
    • 1479 - The third Guru, Guru Amar Das, is born.

16th Century

• 1504 - The second Guru, Guru Angad, is born.
    • 1507 - Sikhism is born.
    • 1522 - Guru Nanak establishes the town of Kartarpur on the Ravi river, and the first community where Sikh dwell begins to form.
    • 1526 - The Empire of Delhi is formed (replaces Mughal Empire) when the Ghurids are replaced by another ruling family, which will deal with the inevitable rise of the Sikhs to claim much of the land that they once controlled. By this time, the Empire of Delhi and its Jaffna Kingdom vassal state have conquered the entirety of the island of Hela (modern-day Sri Lanka). This time, the ruling family would be far more oppressive, however. Every continent and subcontinent has to have rotten rulers on it some time, right? The Empire of Delhi takes to storing knowledge of their technologies and sciences in libraries and archives that the general public, and foreigners weren't​ allowed access to.
    • 1534 - The fourth Guru, Guru Ram Das, is born.
    • 1539 - Guru Angad Dev rises to the position of the second Guru. The first Guru and founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanank, passes away.
    • 1552 - As Guru Angad Dev dies, Guru Amar Das becomes the third Guru, and he migrates to Bengal, leaving with many of the Sikhs. The fourth Bengal leads a group of them in Delhi, however. With him, the third Guru brings many Sikh, and this would eventually cause Sikhism to become a major religion within Bengal and for the original Sikh seat of power to be in Delhi rather than the Punjab region after they conquered Delhi from their homeland in the Punjab (which they eventually migrate away from, and Persia one day would claim it as theirs). Sikhism would become extremely popular within Delhi, inevitably allowing the Sikh Khalsa Army enough soldiers to topple the future Delhi Empire.
    • 1563 - The fifth Guru, Guru Arjan Dev, is born.
    • 1565 - Kingdom of Mysore becomes independent from the Empire of Delhi, and re-opens positive relations with the Jaffna Kingdom on Hela.
    • 1574 - As Guru Amar Das dies, Guru Ram Das rises to become the fourth Guru. The Golden Temple is built in Amritsar.
    • 1581 - As Guru Ram Das dies, Guru Arjan Dev rises to his position of the fifth Guru.
    • 1595 - The sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind, is born.

17th Century

• 1602 - India, especially the north, begins industrializing. The result would be the Sikh inheriting an industrial empire, and a lower population than in the modern day, thanks to urbanization.
    • 1604 - The Adi Granth is installed at the Golden Temple for the first time by Guru Arjan Dev.
    • 1606 - In Delhi, Guru Arjan is executed and turned into a martyr in Delhi by Jahangir. Guru Hargobind rises to his position as the sixth Guru.
    • 1632 - A Buddhist resurgence begins, fueled by the descendants of Chinese colonists to the south. It is prominent enough that it eventually becomes one of the top 5 most common religions in the Sikh Empire.
    • 1644 - Guru Har Rai rises to the position of Guru.
    • 1661 - Guru Harkishan takes over. He is only five years old.
    • 1664 - Guru Harkishan dies of smallpox after a summons from the Delhi Emperor.
    • 1666 - Guru Tegh Bahadur founds the city of Anandpur.
    • 1674 - Maratha Empire is founded.
    • 1675 - Guru Gobind Singh rises to his position after Guru Tegh Bahadur is executed and martyred in Delhi.
    • 1699 - The Khalsa is formed by Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth and last personal Guru. ‘Khalsa’, meaning pure, is the name given by the Guru to all Sikhs who have been baptised or initiated by taking Amrit in a ceremony that they call Amrit Sanchar. The first Khalsa army would be formed, too.

18th Century

Note: This is the worst part of my history, so please forgive me for that.

• 1705 - The first Khalsa army is broken apart in December with the evacuation of Anandpur.
    • 1708 - Guru Gobind Singh is assassinated by the Maratha.
    • 1711 - Bhutan declares war on the Delhi Empire, and seizes the territory that was rightfully theirs.
    • From 1710 to 1716 - The decline of the once mighty and golden Delhi Empire on the Indian subcontinent leads to unrest in Delhi, largely thanks to the Marathas. Whether it be politics or the military, the times were turbulent and dangerous, like riding upon a wave of chaos that you’re awaiting the destruction of by naval guns. The oppression of the Sikh people was responded to with an army of 40,000, the second Khalsa army, led by Banda Singh Bahadur. His agrarian revolt would be used to build the belief on which the Dal Khalsa, the Sikh Misls, and the future Maharaja, Ranjit Singh, would use to capture Agra in 1799, and establish the Sikh Empire. The Misls each had a love for Sikh religion and Sikh people, but bickered and waged warfare against one another constantly, preventing them from making major expansions. They were not a united state, but that would change in the future.
    • Late in 1716 - Banda Singh Bahadur is tortured and then executed in Agra alongside some of his followers by their enemy. He had led a war successfully against the Delhi Empire, but now his Khalsa army had scattered after his capture and execution. The Sikh formed another similar force immediately within their Sikh Confederacy, and continued to challenge the Delhi Empire within their own territory through guerilla warfare while defending themselves with the army (or armies, rather) in their Confederacy.
    • From 1718 to 1738 - The Delhi Empire, finding the fire within its heart, launched attacks against the Sikh Confederacy, weakening it significantly over the course of 20 years. The Sikh were angered by this, and after the first invasion their armies worked together, thus starting a 20 year war for control over Delhi. Losing to the Sikh Confederacy, the Delhi Empire was doomed to eventually be absorbed by the future Sikh Empire. Though not unified under one ruler, the Sikh Confederacy wanted to see the Sikh being strong. Their agrarian society would attempt rebuild their army for a decade after 1736, making changes in government and the first real agreements between rulers, advancing in whatever way that they could. In 1738, the head priest of the Golden Temple is tortured to death by the Empire.
    • 1739 - Nadir Shah invades northern India, capturing Delhi, and dealing an immense blow to the Delhi Empire, which was already crumbling, allowing the Sikhs a chance to consolidate themselves, and launch a brutal attack that allows them to reclaim all of the land of each Misl in Delhi.
    • 1740 - The secrets of Damascus steel are retrieved from the Delhi Empire before practice of it stops. The Federation would store it with the rest of their knowledge, as the knowledge was gathered, rediscovered, or retrieved. It was here that the decision to keep the secrets of wootz steel and Damascus steel, as well as other knowledge in the Sikh Empire, would be kept within Indian hands. Within Sikh hands. The Sikh keep the knowledge from foreign officers as one of the methods by which they achieve secrecy.
    • 1748 - The Sikh Confederacy establishes a jointly run territory with the occupation of Delhi and the Red Fort, the newly acquired territory administered by a council of representatives sent by the Misls of each of the Misladars.
    • Some time between 1748 and 1785 - The Delhi Empire falls.
    • 1782 - Foreign companies begin the Bombay Explosion project, which sees Bombay’s seven islands formed into a single major city.
    • 1774 to 1790 - Ranjit Singh’s predecessor, Maha Singh, becomes Misladar of the Sukerchakia misl. His mind is filled with ideas, with ways to improve the condition of his peoples.
    • 1799 - The fearsome and powerful Sikh Khalsa Army is formed. A modern and westernized army, it one day would spawn the beginning of heavy funding to the Sikh Empire’s research and development efforts. The Ministry of Public Safety, Defense, and Science and Technology, which would eventually be split into two separate ministries, would see its start here, albeit in another form. The Sikh Khalsa Army captures Agra.
    • 1790 to 1801 - Ranjit Singh, the founder of the Sikh Empire, becomes Misladar of the Sukerchakia misl.

19th Century

• 1801 - Ranjit Singh is crowned as Maharaja of the Sikh Empire, ushering in an age of unification of the Sikh Confederacy, and marking the birth of a new regional power on the Indian subcontinent. There were 13 misls in Delhi now; 12 were Sikh and 1 was Muslim. The 13 misls were united by Ranjit Singh and his Sikh Khalsa Army, some forcefully, some through diplomacy.
    • 1806 - The Admiralty of Red Rain is formed by the Sikh Empire to function as their navy, and they purchase the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
    • 1807 - The Sikh-Persian War starts, with the Sikh aiming to acquire the remainder of Pakistan and Afghanistan, largely to create a buffer zone to prevent access to Lahore. Their loss would lead the Sikh Empire to be on the lower end of the great powers, and to eventually move the capital to their other wonder city - Dahka.
    • 1807 to 1812 - The Admiralty sails to the foreign nations, and opens up relations, trade, and brokers relationships with them with them. The Sikh establish jointly owned manufacturing bases across the nation, help to construct ports and shipyards. The Sikh become one of the most prominent nations in rocketry (AKA the tech field that includes missiles) in this era.
    • 1813 - The Maharaja Ranjit Singh marries a foreign queen. Both have already had children, which leaves three sets of family. The children of Ranjit Singh and the Queen, and their half siblings on either side. Unfortunately, only one child that could have their own children would come from the marriage eventually, with a complete and traditional personal union having not been made.
    • 1822 - Jyoti Kaur Naudh and Amar Singh Naudh are born.
    • 1821 to 1835 - Sikh efforts to expand their power lead to large swaths of the Indian subcontinent being conquered by the power, and leads to a state of rapid economic growth for all parties involved.
    • 1836 to 1837 - The Sikh Empire has come to flourish, with cities that are the envy of all other nations in the Indian subcontinent. When Ranjit Singh dies, the 14 year old Jyoti Kaur Naudh and her future regent, the ever-loyal Grand Wazir Kernail Dahko, enter into a short-lived war with some of Jyoti’s more ambitious half-siblings. However, because of and the loyalists in the armed forces, their allies, as well as the three half-siblings that betrayed Jyoti being in a constant state of “bickering”, the forces that the Grand Wazir and Jyoti’s half-brother by Ranjit Singh, Pavith, organized quickly smashes the opposition into non-existence in under a year. The Fauj-i-Khas elites proved their loyalty, and the recent widespread adoption of new weapons within their organization didn’t hurt the fight much at all.
    • 1837 to 1839 - Dhaka becomes the Sikh Empire’s capital, with heavy support from Dhaka’s Sikh presence and somewhat lower support, though not animosity, from the other demographics, and the Dhaka Boom starts. Similar to the migration to Bengal that happened in real life, the Dhaka Boom was in fact larger than this migration because the Sikh Empire enticed individuals and entire families with land and/or homes, and money, enticed domestic companies and corporations to make it their headquarters, and this saw the already about a million large population of Dhaka boom to around 1.5 million.

RP Samples:

RP Sample Google Doc

Post here. Please pardon how I used the numbers given. I… sigh- but anyway it’s an okay post aside from that.
Last edited by Arventum on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Daeseong
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:14 am

Last two apps - Arventum and Vodenheim - both accepted barring dispute by Sabara or Arumdaum.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse