NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I do appreciate the desire to create something different, really I do. However, 6'2 is big for a 30-year-old male, and relatively abnormal in its' own right. 6'2, for a 14/15 year old girl? I don't even think that registers on the bell curve.

A good compromise-choice would be junior, 5'10 (still quite a bit tall for a female at that age), and maintaining the marathon aspect of her. That is definitely a reasonable setup for her, while also achieving what you seek.

Hmm, I guess you're right. I'll make some changes while I work out details for her bio.

Sidenote: Never buy a fucking mouse with buttons on the side. Accidentally pressed the back button on the mouse and lost my 95% completed app.
Last edited by Walabam on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wat.

Walabam
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Here's my app. Made a few changes.

Walabam wrote:Name: Valencia De La Rosa
Sex: Female
Grade: 11th
Role: Student
Birthday: 09/20/2001
Hometown: Chihuahua, Mexico
Appearance:
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'8, 110 lbs, slender
Personality: Valencia is almost always described as outgoing, highly energetic, and focused. Her outlook on life is often positive, although she may at times suffer anxiety attacks when she messes up. Valencia is is very easy to befriend, due to the lack of defenses she has against others. However, she can also hold a grudge against those who have hurt or betrayed her in the past.
Sexual Orientation: 3
Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Skills: Earning the nickname "The Gaming PC" from her friends, Valencia runs fast, has the reactions and wit of an overclocked CPU, and has 'excellent graphics' - referring to her physical appearance. As a fan of the rock genre, Valencia also plays the electric guitar and the drums.
Biography: Valencia spent most of her childhood in her hometown of Chihuahua, Mexico. At the age of 8, her parents successfully attained US citizenship for her and themselves. The family relocated to El Paso, Texas. As a gambling addict, her father had often racked up massive debts, much to the dismay of her mother. The family was often threatened with death by those whom her father had owed money to. Eventually, Valencia's father was given an offer - work for them to clear his debts. He agreed, for the sake of his family.

Valencia slowly grew up, unbeknownst of her father's criminal activities, up to the day when sheriff's deputies arrived at her house, informing her and her mother about her father's death. Undoubtedly, both of them were devastated by the news, and were unable to cope. In a bid to escape from the memories, the family moved to Florida.

At school in Florida, however, Valencia was often bullied by her peers. She was unfamiliar with the culture, and was thus outcast by the rest of the students. Additionally, the family had unknowingly moved into a white-majority community, and they were easy targets to harass, thanks to a certain administration that now ran the country. Again, the family moved; this time to another community within Florida.

The new community was kinder, and more courteous than the previous one they were in. Now, Valencia is determined to start a new life in the Coastal Daytona Academy.

RP Sample: I hope this suffices.
Other: Valencia is often seen clad in a black leather jacket with a plain white t-shirt underneath, black pants, and a pair of Ray Ban aviators. Looks like a bitch but really isn't. Rides a matte black Yamaha YZF-R6 motorcycle and dons her favourite Schuberth S2 matte black helmet, complete with a tinted visor and a SENA bluetooth headset.
wat.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 am

I'm still around, for the most part. Just kinda waiting to know whether or not Blaize was accepted. Last I saw it was Pending and he was removed from the Pending list. I might of missed any further response after my explanation of his skills, I guess, but I didn't see anything.
Times are looking grim these days~

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Both Valencia and Blaize are officially accepted, in their current revised versions.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Someone pick a number 1-5 for me, please.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Someone pick a number 1-5 for me, please.

4?
Times are looking grim these days~

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Terintania wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Someone pick a number 1-5 for me, please.

4?

Fantastic, thank you. Interesting roll, needless to say.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am

Next up, I will get up posts for Megan Carrollton, Daniel Taylor, and Rick Palermo (once I am finished his application).

Following that, I plan on introducing three more characters: DeWayne Landry, Khamisi Olufunmilola, and Angélica-Maria Esteves, and posting as them.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Alas, after a surprisingly eventful week, and after the Pelicans playoff game, I am finally getting around to work on my post.

I do not expect it to be applicable to anyone, however I won't be available tomorrow due to it being Navy Week around town.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Walabam
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 am

I'll try to get a post up soon.
wat.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 am

Name: Sarkuz A. Dreema
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Birthday: 01/01/2001
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Appearance: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1621527/image ... cebook.jpg
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'1, 130 lbs, midpoint between slim and chubby
Personality: Fairly introverted. He is quiet when meeting you for the first time, but once you become close friends, you will see how many things he really wants to say and tell. Other than that, he has unswaying loyalty, and is a good friend willing to be of help on anything that is related to writing, though asking him help with math questions or chemistry will make him turn up his nose.

Other than that, he is rather clingy to those that are close to him. He likes to hug those that are in his inner circle, even if it is sometimes... terrifying(and constricting) He is also slow to getting mad. Even in the most annoying situations, you’ll never see him shouting down anyone else, though he would instead be extremely sassy and rude if that happens. He is very pragmatic, and uses various methods to get extra cash, such as doing assignments for others with a monetary price as well charging double to people that borrow cash from him.
Sexual Orientation: Straight, don’t be confused.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Skills: Implied to be rather intelligent(he always has a line of 9 GPA), and as an editor, he can detect typos and mistakes really easy. He is also a maestro in the piano. Great at analysis, as well as being able to stay calm even in the most dire of situations. In addition, he can easily know if something is off about someone.
Biography: While being a rather likeable person, he has a tragic past. Born as the third child out of 5, he was the only son of a rich business family. His father was busy at work and had little time for his children, and his mother... Well, had many scandalous affairs while her husband was completely ignorant. This went on for nearly 2 years until his father found the traitorous wife in a bar with another man. In rage, he annulled their marriage, and they fought for the custody of the children for another 5 years. However, Sarkuz’s eldest sister decided to take matters into her own hands. She separated from her father's company and established her own business in the United States, and took 2 of her siblings with her, while the rest went with their father, as the court judged the mother unfit due to being totally scandalous. This eldest sister brought along her only brother and her youngest sister.

As time passed, Sarkuz became intense friends with two particular people with similar origins. Darjeeling Veny and Karl Wollf were their names, and they would spend the night playing League of Legends together, or broke bread together. After three years, they entered the stage of 11th grade. By a stroke of fate, they are all going into Coastal Daytona Academy.

Will they stay together?
RP Sample: You know me.
Other: Is usually seen with a black overcoat and a black scarf. He also has an eyepatch over his left eye as it got hit by glass shards in an accident.

Will get up two more apps soon. Also, can Sarkuz be the editor of the Tribal Digest?
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

At the gym, presently, and on mobile, thus not able to give a complete review at this time. However, the link may be a broken one.

Someone did inquire about being editor a few months ago, but no application from this person has been submitted. I'll message them and see if they are still interested, and from there will let you know if it's open for the taking.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Name: Heather Waycliffe
Sex: Female
Grade: Freshman
Birthday: 07/04/2002
Hometown: Salem, Oregon
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 161 cm, 52kg, slim
Personality: Heather is very withdrawn and rarely approaches people first. However, when somebody strikes up conversation with her, she turns out to be funny and outgoing and it is actually quite easy to find conversational subjects with her. She has a lot of hobbies and seems genuinely interested in others. Also, those who get to know her better notice that she's a great listener who shows a great deal of empathy,
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Moral Alignment:Chaotic Good, leaning towards Neutral Good

Law ----- X (1)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral - XXXX (4)
Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Skills: Drama, Poetry, Psychology
Biography: Born in Portland to a single mother who worked as a social worker. Her mother and her moved a lot- first to Salem, then to Albuquerque and finally to the East Coast. Heather has always shown great love for Literature and Drama. She also liked to dress extravagantly, her present phase being the one of the Goth. However, she preferes Bram Stoker to Twilight books. She was sent to Daytona by her mom, because school offered a lot of opportunity for her to grow intellectually, which her mother considered important and because Heather was changing schools a lot and her mother thought she could benefit from little more stability. Heather also always had a knack for understanding people, but the fact she moved a lot meant she was unable to form lasting connections. That left her a little withdrawn and introverted.
RP Sample: You know me.
[b]Other:
Favorite writers are Stephen King, Clive Barker and William Faulkner. Unlike most literally inclined people she isn't snobby or arrogant.
Last edited by The Free Territory of Makhnovia on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 am

Korhal IVV wrote:--snip--

- If you could please fix the link in the picture, that would be greatly appreciated.

- "Even in the most annoying situations, you’ll never see him shouting down anyone else, though he would instead be extremely sassy and rude if that happens."
Not entirely sure what that means, would you mind clarifying things? Not worrisome, just more curious than anything.

- Is the psychology part something you'd be willing to part with? Intelligent and proficient are certainly fine, as we have a solid number of those type of characters, though it's also desirable we try to keep things within reason.

Overall, pretty solid app. I haven't heard back from the player who requested an editor position just yet, despite seeing posts from them all throughout the day, so you may proceed with the assumption that it is yours.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:--snip--

- Was Heather held back a year? This has her as 15, turning 16, during her freshmen year.

Another pretty good app. :)

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

- If you could please fix the link in the picture, that would be greatly appreciated.

- "Even in the most annoying situations, you’ll never see him shouting down anyone else, though he would instead be extremely sassy and rude if that happens."
Not entirely sure what that means, would you mind clarifying things? Not worrisome, just more curious than anything.

- Is the psychology part something you'd be willing to part with? Intelligent and proficient are certainly fine, as we have a solid number of those type of characters, though it's also desirable we try to keep things within reason.

Overall, pretty solid app. I haven't heard back from the player who requested an editor position just yet, despite seeing posts from them all throughout the day, so you may proceed with the assumption that it is yours.

- Was Heather held back a year? This has her as 15, turning 16, during her freshmen year.

Well it started out as an accident, but it could be interesting. Maybe she failed one year to to to them being constantly on the move, so in one of the schools she had trouble adapting?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:03 am

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:- If you could please fix the link in the picture, that would be greatly appreciated.

Well it started out as an accident, but it could be interesting. Maybe she failed one year to to to them being constantly on the move, so in one of the schools she had trouble adapting?

Yeah, that would definitely be interesting!

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 am

Yeah, that would definitely be interesting!

So, is she accepted? If she is, what's happening in the IC right now? Anything she can take part in?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Yeah, that would definitely be interesting!

So, is she accepted? If she is, what's happening in the IC right now? Anything she can take part in?

Yes, she is officially Accepted as of this post.

Right now, everyone is dispersing following the Assembly for lunch. I'm having Sydney Taylor making small-talk with Tumblrena's character, Suzannah Waters, both of whom are freshmen. Bake sale's ongoing in the cafeteria, which is their destination.

I'm going to have a post involving either a dodgeball tournament in the gymnasium, or ultimate frisbee on a practice field, with Daniel and Sean Taylor, as well as Rick Palermo, though I'd imagine Heather wouldn't wish to partake in that.

Sophia Taylor is under a tree by herself, strumming her guitar, while she waits for Audrey Harte and Eric Stevens, who are in the cafeteria to buy food.

Megan Carrollton (yes, that Carrollton, in case you were wondering) is by Valencia at their lockers small-talking as well.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with Madison Perkins and Julia Winters, though I will have them be doing something too. You're welcome to inject her into any of those situations.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Is it possible for her to be in a room with Carrolton?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:Is it possible for her to be in a room with Carrolton?

Carrollton is a junior, and unfortunately for the prospects of this happening, rooming is restricted by grade-level.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:29 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:Is it possible for her to be in a room with Carrolton?

Carrollton is a junior, and unfortunately for the prospects of this happening, rooming is restricted by grade-level.

Well I'll leave the choice of her roommate to you then (I'd prefer someone active, of course).

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Carrollton is a junior, and unfortunately for the prospects of this happening, rooming is restricted by grade-level.

Well I'll leave the choice of her roommate to you then (I'd prefer someone active, of course).

For now, I can have her in a room by herself (technically an NPC) until I can arrange something for her, if that works for you.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 pm

For now, I can have her in a room by herself (technically an NPC) until I can arrange something for her, if that works for you.

Works. I'll start with her going back to her room from the assembly to unpack, before going to the bake sale.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Totally just assembled an office chair, by myself, in under thirty minutes.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 am

Okay ;)

Well, the thing is that he will not raise his voice but you can still feel the boiling fury within.
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse