NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Any room for a Janitor, or?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Anowa wrote:Any room for a Janitor, or?

Most Definitely.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Vaquas wrote:

Most Definitely.

Gotcha.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:24 pm

I see a few people I did not expect popping up in here.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 pm

We'd love to have you, janitor or otherwise.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

The Grand Rift
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Rift » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Name: Everett Chambers
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Role: Student
Birthday: 03/01/2001
Hometown: Ormond Beach, FL
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'3 120 pounds, slim but fit
Personality: Everett is rude, passive aggressive, sarcastic, and clever. Though insecure about his height he sees no flaws within himself and actively persecutes others for theirs.
Sexual Orientation: 4 (closeted)
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Skills: Fashion taste, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Athleticism, and above average intelligence (though extreme laziness).
Biography: Everett was born to an affluent family in Ormond Beach Florida a small very prosperous town right under Daytona Beach. His parents Benj and Tonya Chambers, are heirs to large fortunes, and currently, own and run a majority of the hotels on Daytonas Beachside along A1A. Therefore, Everett grew into a more than comfortable childhood though with a less glamorous effect of being closer to his butler than his parents. In High School Everett came into his own, but also developed many of his less desirable attributes; always eager to show off his wealth and generally persecuting of others. However, he is very active in school participating on the Lacrosse and Wrestling team. But after school, he can be found at the beach, International Blvd., or his McMansion on Beach St.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=423210#p32511380

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Heading off for the night, but a brief summary of what to expect:

Flatt messaged me to tell me he is going to attempt an Eric response tomorrow, and I know I have Segral's character to respond to -- unless I am mistake, to which I do ask for one to correct, I believe that is all I have to reply to thus far.

Applications will be reviewed and discussed with Co-OPs, with official rulings to follow afterward, per usual. Similarly, I hope to introduce a new character or two tomorrow.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Grand Rift
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Rift » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Chewion wrote:I think that’s the HS.

Yeah, it is, you can see the giant open area near the Granada Bridge in the background.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

We'd love to have you, janitor or otherwise.

Already 3/4 done with the Janitor app.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm

The Grand Rift wrote:
Chewion wrote:I think that’s the HS.

Yeah, it is, you can see the giant open area near the Granada Bridge in the background.

Lol. There’s only two high schools that are public so it was 50/50.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Name: Cameron Vanstraaten
Sex: Female
Grade: N/A
Role: Custodian
Birthday: 03/03/1988 (29)
Hometown: Dolbeau-Mistassini, Quebec, Canada
Appearance: See right
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'9, 144lbs, athletic
Personality: Cameron is a rather amiable woman despite her outwards appearance and general demeanor. In most cases she is more than willing to help out any student or teacher with whatever issues they may be having, and is cited as a good listener.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual 3
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills: Engineering Knowledge, First Aid Training, Wilderness Survival Training, Firearms Training.
Biography: Born to a Canadian Mother and American Father, Cameron was born with naturalized citizenship in both countries. Her early life was spent in a backwater town in the middle of the Quebecois wilderness. It was a town a child could safely grow up in, without risk of kidnapping or mugging. Though the occasional wild animal was a risk, they were meek enough to generally avoid populated areas. Eventually her Father got work as a contractor at the US Naval Station Mayport, the family swiftly moved to Jacksonville.

It was in Jacksonville that Cameron's life turned slightly, in middle school she became involved in recreational drugs and the "Occult" (Kids simply using red paint, dark candles, an Ouija boards). Though the general attitude towards it, the time she spent in a 'darker' mindset had left the imprints on the girl's formative years. She eventually started appearing at local tattoo studios, with an express interest in Aerospace Engineering In order to actually pay for the schooling, Cameron joined up with the US Military in order to get the benefits of the GI Bill. Becoming a member of the 503rd Military Police Battalion, before shipping off to Afghanistan in early 2007.

She would remain a member of the US Armed Forces until her contract ended in 2012, with no real mental nor physical issues to ail her. It was then she returned to live with her parents, while getting an Aerospace Engineering degree fro Norfolk University. After getting her masters in 2016, she left her family den and started searching for work with her newfound degree.

She didn't find any, at least none that actually required what she spent 4 years learning about.

Instead, she decided to move down to Daytona Beach for some other work, mostly odd jobs and temporary work in some such way, eventually getting a rather solid job as a Custodian at the Coastal Daytona Academy. All the while searching for an opening that required her expertise.

RP Sample: Fallout: Aurora
Other: N/A
Last edited by Anowa on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 am

Kept the latest post relatively short, in case the players for Luke and Eleanor have a lot to catch up to as far as reading-material is concerned.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 am

Also, app-reviews, presumably, to occur sometime this evening.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 am

How do classes work? Are we all in the same one when we RP a class or no?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 am

Chewion wrote:How do classes work? Are we all in the same one when we RP a class or no?

By grade-level, for one, and it's entirely optional to participate. It'll be tricky to gauge which students would be honors, AP, core, etc., but feasible.

As far as faculty are concerned, if it's for a subject that doesn't already have a teacher -- either a Co-OP or myself will take it over as either a placeholder or an "NPC" sort of character.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Chewion wrote:How do classes work? Are we all in the same one when we RP a class or no?

By grade-level, for one, and it's entirely optional to participate. It'll be tricky to gauge which students would be honors, AP, core, etc., but feasible.

As far as faculty are concerned, if it's for a subject that doesn't already have a teacher -- either a Co-OP or myself will take it over as either a placeholder or an "NPC" sort of character.

Ok thanks.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 am

We had a classroom thread that was never utilized in the prior Coastal Daytona Academy, which I may likely revamp in order to utilize this time around.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

tag
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:48 am

Yo, just a suggestion, but there should be a Debate Club.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Name: Kevin Robinson
Grade: 11th
Role: Student. Center-field for baseball team. (If we get one, has a role in Debate Club.)
Birthday: 09/11/2001
Hometown: Arlington, Texas
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'1, 186 lbs, Lean. (Is able to bench press his body weight.)
Personality: Now here's the thing about Kevin. He's the sort of person who comforts other people, but he's horrible at communicating his own emotions. He puts up facades against what his real emotions are, so when he was deppresed when his Best Friend committed Suicide. Sure, he showed "sadness" but the true extents of how deeply he was effected were never known. How he wept bitterly for weeks alone, how he contemplated the reasons things like this happened. However to most, he seems to be a very happy child. Helpful, devout, and vengeful at times.
Sexual Orientation: Kinsey Scale 0-1
Moral Alignment: Moral Good
Skills: Carpentry- Was an Apprentice of one of the Carpenters in his congregation, which allows him to work as a Carpenter if he truly wanted. He's not amazing, though he works on his skills when he can. If he could, he'd continue his Apprenticeship in Florida.
Shooting- His parents had the whole "It's a dangerous world out there, etc" talk with him when he was 8, and began training him to shoot handguns. This also helped him develop this skill when hunters in the congregation took him hunting. He had a lot of "David-Johnathan" relationships.
Hunting- As stated before, he hunts with others. It's not something he goes out of his way to do, but he does it.
Baseball- A Power Hitter, and Centerfield, he held a central place in his Middle School team. He also did well as a Sophomore for his Texan team as well. His love for baseball started as all things, small. He played catch, and make-shift games with his friend's in the neighborhood.
Biography: Born in the city of Grand Prairie, a suburb of the DFW area, one of the youngest of 5 Children. The three older children, oldest being 25. Meanwhile the youngest of the bunch was Kevin's little sister. Now, there's multiple things that shaped his childhood. Living in middle class Texan suburbia, one of the biggest things for the child was the involvement of God. God and the church, being raised Baptist, and particularly dragged about by her mother(along with the other Children). This helped him with his relationships with other children, and being very socially active even before he went to Pre-K. This helped him be a.........."Socially Active" child. This being said, when he did go to School, he immediately became the "Center" of the so called "Party." Not because he's some god, no, he was just overly friendly.

As he got older, he began doing different things. For one. he became active in Baseball. In fact he got very good at it, becoming very active in his Middle School's baseball team, going to tournaments all over Texas with his team. However his team was very strong in general. Of course he hated his Middle School, considering it was a Charter school. It helped him skip a grade in school.............which was it. He hated a lot of people there, though he was well known. That being said, he still hated it. He was active for as far as middle schoolers go in school affairs go.

In the summer between 8th Grade and 10th grade(He skipped 9th grade.) lots happened. First off, he and his younger sister got their first phones. Now surprisingly enough, this increasing exposure to the outside world started when he was beginning to form his own opinions. It started with his(along with his family's) opposition to abortion, but then escalated to increasingly right wing politics. This made him an anomaly among his family, at least he suspected being the only Republican in their immediate family. Thus he didn't talk politics with his family, not that his family talked about politics a lot regardless. Now, the other thing that was surprising was the fact was his increasing interests in carpentry. Now he wasn't dead seat on being a carpenter, however he began learning the trade. This was how he spent his summer, making wood products and becoming increasingly active in the politics of the nation. However, it was also the year his best friend committed Suicide.

Having known this girl since Pre-K, they were very close. They knew everything about each other..........or so Kevin thought. He didn't know about the beatings her father gave her mother, who would devolve into drinking then beat her, and the fact she cut herself regularly. The fact how she got bullied in Middle School, and those same bullies continued to do so during the summer. People she called "friends" who really were not so. The fact she had long given up on the hope of a benevolent God who didn't seem to see her struggles. The fact she had never gone to her Best Friend to seek console. Not from him, not from the School, not from anyone. So when he found out she committed suicide by overdosing on drugs, it compleatly derailed Kevin personally. How he wept in private for weeks on end.

Sophomore year was fairly interesting, considering how he once again found himself on the baseball team, though he was deppresed by this point due to his Friend's suicide. However this time away from the godawful Charter school, this time going to a school at a public facility. This was miles better in his opinion, and also gave him more freedom(To date girls). It was also the year he began learning to drive, so things seemed to be coming together. Then things got worse when his father came home one day, saying that the family was moving to Florida. His job had moved him to Orlando, which pissed off Kevin considering he was a diehard Texan at the center of his being. He, and all the children. However, it was a move that happened during the summer of sophomore to Junior year. Now, the interesting thing was how Kevin and his twin didn't go to Orlando. As it turns out, the oldest Child of the Robinson family lived in Daytona Beach. Saying there was an excellent school there(and that they would keep eye on the twins) the parents agreed to send them to school here. Now he readies himself for the first day of school at a new school.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=426159&start=125
Other: He's a Steelers fan, and a Rangers Fan. Took boxing classes. Drives 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Last edited by Alaroma on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Maligard
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:45 pm

My third bio, hope it meets up to your expectations

Name: Logan Grimm

Grade:10th

Role: Student, works at a local comic book store

Birthday: 09/17/2001

Hometown: Lexington, Kentucky

Appearance:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1185747/mediaviewer/rm3681992704

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'0, 160 lbs, slim

Personality: He is a jokester, most of the jokes that he makes can sometimes head into R to X-rated territory, which gets him in trouble a lot. He is very loyal, and he’d do anything to protect his friends and family. On some days though, he can be very quiet, and if somebody asks him why, he will respond that he is in deep thought, but some people believe that's not true. He is also very caring, and because of this, tends to ask people if they are having a bad day, and if so, he will try to cheer them up. He is also very outgoing, keeping a positive attitude almost everyday.

Sexual Orientation:0

Moral Alignment: Neutral Good

Skills: Logan is a fast runner, which is why he was on the track team back in his old school in Kentucky. He is also skilled in cooking. He is skilled with a guitar, whether it be an electric or acoustic. He also loves working on cars, which is why he had automotive technology at his old school. He is very skilled in welding.

Biography: Logan Grimm was born on September 17th, 2001, and is the only child in his family. His mother works as an estate agent, and his father is an FBI agent. He attended school there, and because he loves hiking, he joined the track team. Sometime at his old school, he got in trouble for something he didn’t do. After the school wouldn’t do anything about it, his family decided it was time to leave and moved to Daytona in December 2017 to find a better school. He began working at the comic book store after Christmas Break to pay for his car. His family eventually decided for him to attend Daytona Coastal Academy, and he wishes to join the Track Team there. His family is rich, but not too rich, and own a house near the academy.

RP Sample: (I guess this is what you mean, Idk)Logan woke up to the sound of the alarm clock on his phone going off, he always hated that sound because it meant that he had school. He groaned and turned over, getting on his phone and pressing the ‘Stop’ button. He then got up, turned on the lights in his room, and started to get ready for school. First, he brushed his teeth, then went over to this closet to pick out some clothes, and he began to fix his hair. “Looking good Mr. Grimm.” he said to himself, smiling. After that, he ran down the stairs, got out a pack of poptarts and milk. He proceeded to eat, and after that, he got out of the house and got in his 2016 Chevrolet Malibu, leaving his house and heading for the academy.

Other: Drives to school in a 2016 Chevrolet Malibu, rock and roll fan, a bit emo, and he also tends to hang around with a lot of girls, but if he has a boy bestfriend or two, he’ll hang out with them.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Mali just suggesting you put the picture in a img thing.

Maligard
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Chewion wrote:Mali just suggesting you put the picture in a img thing.

How do I do that?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

[img]^Insert%20image%20here[/img]

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Maligard
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:([url=^Insert%20image%20here]Image[/url])

Ok, thank you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse