NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Recon wrote:
I think option one seems better. Everyone can if they wish get involved in the game and hopefully the contributions of many would make it a better experience. If we needed to do it more speedily, we could just use option two for the first 3 quarters and then use option one in the fourth quarter only.

I think option one gives everyone a measure of trust, unless it devolves into a succession of miracle plays. If we keep it realistic to how a high school game would go, with some successes, some setbacks, it might spur greater involvement for people wishing to write.

I agree, option 1 does sound better, although I do plan on one big play from Curtis at least. He'll get to do his annoying touch down celebration tonight.

Fortunately for him, at least as-planned at this stage of the season, CDA will run the ball a fair amount of times per game.

I'm contemplating, however, that Coach Carl may grand him either an additional, or a different, role from the team after the game. Merely an OOC-note, one that I will refrain from commenting on for now, but something I had just mused over.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Exactly who is Mr. Gilcrest, if I may ask?
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Exactly who is Mr. Gilcrest, if I may ask?

Random teacher, sorry I should have asked before inventing an npc. I can app for him if you want to know more about him but it isn't particularly important and I wouldn't be rping him.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Exactly who is Mr. Gilcrest, if I may ask?

Random teacher, sorry I should have asked before inventing an npc. I can app for him if you want to know more about him but it isn't particularly important and I wouldn't be rping him.

I suppose that won't be necessary, in this circumstance, though in the future, I ask that players refrain from naming NPCs. That's a road that will only lead to confusion later on.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Random teacher, sorry I should have asked before inventing an npc. I can app for him if you want to know more about him but it isn't particularly important and I wouldn't be rping him.

I suppose that won't be necessary, in this circumstance, though in the future, I ask that players refrain from naming NPCs. That's a road that will only lead to confusion later on.

No worries, sorry about that.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Greater Korean Juche Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Recon wrote:
I think option one seems better. Everyone can if they wish get involved in the game and hopefully the contributions of many would make it a better experience. If we needed to do it more speedily, we could just use option two for the first 3 quarters and then use option one in the fourth quarter only.

I think option one gives everyone a measure of trust, unless it devolves into a succession of miracle plays. If we keep it realistic to how a high school game would go, with some successes, some setbacks, it might spur greater involvement for people wishing to write.

I agree, option 1 does sound better, although I do plan on one big play from Curtis at least. He'll get to do his annoying touch down celebration tonight.

I don't know what Sam would do if the team won. Probably overreact, break down, and hug everyone.
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Love to the Fatherland and Hate to the Enemy
WV74: 25th place - 23 points
WV75 - 15th place - 51 points

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I agree, option 1 does sound better, although I do plan on one big play from Curtis at least. He'll get to do his annoying touch down celebration tonight.

I don't know what Sam would do if the team won. Probably overreact, break down, and hug everyone.

Big guys in full football gear are hard to hug.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I agree, option 1 does sound better, although I do plan on one big play from Curtis at least. He'll get to do his annoying touch down celebration tonight.

Amusing as that would be as a sight to behold, DeLand was a school with a losing record a season ago. Compare this to the likes of Coastal Daytona, and the competition likely won't be in DeLand's favor.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Big guys in full football gear are hard to hug.

True, true, but he'll still try anyways!
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:27 pm

(:eyes:)
(I do not use NS stats)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Going to wait a little while longer to post it, but will draft up a post pertaining to the kickoff and subsequent first play of the drive. Yet, one thing that is certain to post tonight is an Audrey-Sophia collaboration post with Flattnerk.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 pm

The rather large, though not nearly close to record-breaking, collaboration post has alas been posted. The next IC-post, meanwhile, will come first thing in the morning.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:The rather large, though not nearly close to record-breaking, collaboration post has alas been posted. The next IC-post, meanwhile, will come first thing in the morning.

Will a special events post come then also?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

We will experiment with option one, for the time being, at least for the first couple of plays.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:The rather large, though not nearly close to record-breaking, collaboration post has alas been posted. The next IC-post, meanwhile, will come first thing in the morning.

Will a special events post come then also?

Special events? Not only am I excited about my boyo finding a partner, theres also a special event? wheeze
(I do not use NS stats)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 pm

with me we're not working at my usual speed but at my Edinburgh Fringe speed, which is unreliable and spotty

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Will a special events post come then also?

Special events? Not only am I excited about my boyo finding a partner, theres also a special event? wheeze

If you look at the top of each page, you will find a link to each thread we have.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:with me we're not working at my usual speed but at my Edinburgh Fringe speed, which is unreliable and spotty

oof, kiddo.
(I do not use NS stats)

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Name: Benton Laraby
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Role: Student/ Starting Linebacker
Birthday: 16 years old September 21st 2000
Hometown: Kellogg Idaho
Appearance: Look up Sam Hubbard. That’s basically it
Height, Weight, and Body Type:6’5 237 muscular
Personality: Benton is a silent giant. He’s easy going and is always good for a laugh once he gets to know you. He’s also very submissive and tends to let people have their way on things. Very caring and thoughtful individual. Overall, he’s a massive sweetheart.
Likes: Snowboarding, the mountains, weightlifting, nutrition, faith, exercise, religion
Dislikes: overly hot weather, people being upset with him, religion
Sexual Orientation: A the model of a pristine heterosexual, 0
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills:
1. Strength is one of his more impressive “skills” he lifts for hours a day. Whether it be for football, wrestling, at his job, or recreationally. He is always pushing himself.
2. Snowboarding. He grew up surrounded by the Rocky Mountains and was blessed to spend multiple family vacation on various trails amongst different spots within the range.
3. Football. He uses pent up aggression and emotion to become a massive hitting machine. He’s decently fast for a guy of his stature. Has a mind for football and is good at dissecting play calls.
Biography:WIP. See Riley Mason
RP Sample:Np.
Other: He’s pretty jacked yo.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:29 pm

So, uh...
(I do not use NS stats)

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:So, uh...

Uh what?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Likely just a case of it being the occasional intermittent weekend slowdown in regard posting, happens - nothing to worry about, though if there aren't any characters on defense whose posts are made soon, Flattnerk and I will collaborate once more.

This time, it will be on a post pertaining to the entire drive. From there, we will gauge how long we'd like to continue with our current trajectory henceforth.

On another note, since a large number of female characters would be interested in joining the volleyball team, expect a post regarding volleyball tryouts to be up sometime either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Likely just a case of it being the occasional intermittent weekend slowdown in regard posting, happens - nothing to worry about, though if there aren't any characters on defense whose posts are made soon, Flattnerk and I will collaborate once more.

This time, it will be on a post pertaining to the entire drive. From there, we will gauge how long we'd like to continue with our current trajectory henceforth.

On another note, since a large number of female characters would be interested in joining the volleyball team, expect a post regarding volleyball tryouts to be up sometime either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Can I create a basketball tryout post?

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Likely just a case of it being the occasional intermittent weekend slowdown in regard posting, happens - nothing to worry about, though if there aren't any characters on defense whose posts are made soon, Flattnerk and I will collaborate once more.

Do you control the basketball coach?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 pm

As Flattnerk suggested, I would advise making a basketball coach. Though, I can temporarily bypass that step by roleplaying an NPC for you, and we can collaborate on that post ourselves.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse