NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:We are in Mid-August, yes.

We didn't start school until September in the UK but I think Americans break up earlier

The schedules are a bit different, with differing holidays and occasions. August-December (fall semester), followed by January-May (spring semester) is the general schedule almost all US schools adhere to.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Name: Curtis Aldor
Sex:male
Grade:junior
Role:student, captain and shooting guard of the basketball team
Birthday: 13/10/2002
Hometown:Tyler, Texas
Appearance: Curtis looks like a basketball player. He is tall, standing at around 6 ft 6, with long black hair and twinkly blue eyes; his body is toned and somewhat muscular, his tanned face generally smiling whatever the company. Despite his city upbringing, he and his family have a marked southern accent. His usual dress sense consists of t-shirts often promoting bands he likes as well as generally black jeans or shorts.
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6 ft 6, muscular and broad, 220 lb
Personality: Curtis is extremely flamboyant, exciteable and loud; often going on long rants about subjects that most people would find very little to say on. When it becomes pretty clear that he won't use said rants to then hurt people, they are often extremely amusing; however he does not enjoy people ridiculing things he is passionate about. He is a lover of basketball and football, and is generally ranked as one of the top basketball college prospects in the country: he is aware however that his parents don't want him to completely forego his education, although they know, and are happy to tell everyone, that their son likely has a very successful future in the NBA ahead of him. He is also a lover of country music and sometimes performs with local bands.
Privately, he holds decidedly unloveable views. He is a racist, a neo-confederate and highly manipulative of women; he is also cruel to animals and has a worrying vengeful streak. Peoples trust in him is not aided by his large, impressive and growing collection of guns, knives, swords and axes. He drives a succession of expensive sports and luxury cars that his family own, the common consensus amongst those who know him being that the Aldor family either rents the average car out for about 3 days and then gives it back, or that they have a special pocket dimention for cars. Whatever theory is correct, it is known that his mother's obsession with cars, and the collection she has amassed, is not in the bounds of normality. He is very generous with his money, one of the genuinely nice things he does being to give a lot to help poor people in the area. Said people, it may be noticed if one looks however, are predominantly on the 'white' side of the color chart.
Likes: Music, fast cars, basketball, guns, useful idiots, himself (biggest like), money, drinking
Dislikes: Liberals, most people of other races unless they are useful to him, being mocked, being refused what he wants, baseball, golden state warriors
Sexual Orientation: 2
Moral Alignment: chaotic evil
Skills: Basketball, shooting, singing, the guitar, getting his way with authority figures, lying
Biography:
Curtis could only ever have a good life. The son of Tomasz and Marissa Aldor, old oil and gas money assured young Curtis of a life of luxury, shallow thrills and excess. Things began to look up, if little Curtis was ever unhappy in his childhood, by his parents corporation's discovery of a large tract of highly oil-rich land in alabama which they soon turned into a goldmine, sealing the Aldor's place as safe and active billionaires. His parents, far from the strutting and lording of other wealthy families, tried to be very nice to most people, part of their charitable nature landed on Curtis however they did not hold the same racial views as their young son.
Curtis killed his first cat at age 7, and he has amassed something of a log of clandestine animal killings ever since: if his parents know about why animals from the neighbourhoods they have lived in like to take long holidays to who knows where, they aren't saying. Tyler's pets were given a reprieve however as the family moved to New York to get out of the oppressive Texan climate and to be closer to Tomasz's work: The City's animals began to suffer a strangely high mortality rate.
Curtis' other love, basketball, began to manifest itself at the age of around 14, when he began to take it seriously in school: by the end of his second season, he was being hailed as the next big prospect: a career in the NBA looks certain for the only child who perplexingly has no interest in business.
RP Sample: I'll provide this later, unless my bio was sufficient as one
Other: I'm happy to change any of the more grim aspects of Aldor's character, especially the animal killing. I understand that may upset some readers. Curtis hates potato salad.
Last edited by Greater vakolicci haven on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.7

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Name: Trent Morris Barr
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Role: Student
Birthday: 02/27/2005
Hometown: Winter Park, FL
Appearance: WIP
Height, Weight, and Body Type: WIP
Personality: WIP
Dislikes: WIP
Sexual Orientation: WIP
Moral Alignment: WIP
Skills: WIP
Biography: WIP
RP Sample: WIP
Other: WIP

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm

I've actually got most of the background and details thought out for each of those characters I've put up, even as WIPs, and will methodically work on each - hopefully completing a character app, entirely, per day.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater Korean Juche Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Name: Sam "Sammy" Brown
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Role: Student
Birthday: 05/16/2002
Hometown: Surprise, AZ
Appearance:
Sam during a cheer meet at his old school's first football game

Sam, bottom left, posing with friends from one of his school's three show choirs, "Evolution" after they took 1st place for show choir nationals for the 3rd year in a row.

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'10, 127 lbs, slim yet supple
Personality: Bubbly and flamboyant, Sam is an incredibly sociable person. He is nice to others, and makes a wonderful first impression most of the time. He is increasingly feminine, and is always a go-to for friends in need. However, when we're talking about physical programs and fine arts: specifically show choir and cheer, he is intimidating and skilled. Otherwise, he is a leader figure, though not the first to step up to solve problems.
Likes: Singing, dancing, cheer, playing piano, reading, social media, coffee, 70s-90s music.
Dislikes: Metal, cheese, seafood, the color orange, toxic people
Sexual Orientation: 6, full on.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Skills: Singing, Dancing, Cheer, Tennis, Piano.
Biography: Sam was born into a rather liberal family. His mother was a highschool honors teacher over at Mayfair High in Arizona, and his father was a choral director at an elementary school. The first years of his life were a blur, having no special events happen to him until he was around 11. He joined the elementary school concert choir, and as such, they would receive a trip from Carlsdale Elementary to Mayfair High School.

[IMPORTANT NOTE, PLEASE READ ME!!!] ((Note: Mayfair HS is a high-quality, cambridge, CTE public school that specializes in athletics, fine arts, and CTE programs. Their football team is the best in the state of Arizona, their theater program is envied by all, and their show choir [a group that sings AND dances] for nearly a decade now, has always been revered. Three choirs; Ascension, the intermediate women's show choir, Avalon, the intermediate mixed show choir, and Evolution, the advanced, honors mixed show choir. The three choirs have always placed somewhere on 1st-5th place on show choir nationals for nearly 7 years, now. The last 3, Evolution has taken 1st a solid 3 times in a row. Sam comes from Evolution, and in two years of learning from the best, he has picked up on some of the key aspects on what makes a show choir brilliant, and it transitions over to his talent. Mayfair is basically the edgy rival of all schools, and Daytona is no exception.))

This high school trip of course, came with the privilege to watch a dress rehearsal of Evolution. In 30 minutes and 5 songs of combined dance and vocals, and one ballad, Sam became inspired, amazed, and swept off his feet by the sheer beauty of this group. The director, Mr. James Benson, was a musical genius, and everyone looked so harmonious, so incredibly professional. He, like many others in similar situations, became obsessed. Sam and his friends began training themselves for the rest of their elementary school days. When the time came to promote from elementary school to high school, choir auditions also came. It consisted of a vocal and dance audition. Sam passed with flying colors, scoring a 82/100, reportedly the third highest, the two above him being Evolution veterans. It goes without saying he was placed in the advanced group. Meanwhile, he had also been accepted into the ranks of cheer. He began rapidly learning, despite his mistakes at first, and he soon ascended to the inner circle, having a close relationship with Mr. Benson. His skill in both singing, dancing, and cheer reached impressive heights, though he still has certain areas to focus on to this day.

However, near the summer break of his 10th grade year, his father was laid off from his job, despite being extremely talented and valuable. As he wasn't a "teacher teacher" and more of a "club teacher". Arizona lacked the desire for people like him, and Mayfair couldn't make a fourth choir out of the blue. People had already been selected and filed into their future groups. However, he received an offer for a job in Daytona Beach, Florida, to teach a concert chorus of 60 people. He would also be paid an impressive amount due to his doctorate in music theory and years of experience. His mother found a job at Coastal Daytona Academy as an honors English teacher. Sam transferred, after a rather emotional goodbye to his friends and Mr. Benson. He recently joined CDA at the start of the school year with Honors and AP classes. As a fine art/PE credit, he also joined the Show Choir, as well as Cheer.

RP Sample:

She decided to go into the first hall, the curiosity giving her some form of guidance. Her speed picked up, the ribbons fluttering behind her as her shoes clicked at a much more rapid rate. She suddenly stopped, and froze. She turned sharply to her left, at the foot of the door. This was it. She slid the key in neatly, the cold metal leaving her hand and into the door. She twisted it to the right, and gently extracted it. She huffed, and pulled the door open. She was instantly greeted by a puff of carbon dioxide. She was surprised that the phantom technology had taken this into consideration, pumping all of the hotels CO2 into the rooms of the two people who need it most was brilliant and efficient. The vents could also be switched to oxygen in the event that they had guests.

The room itself was dark, walls coated in a brownish-green floral print wall paper. Nice touch. Ae'rin thought to herself, admiring the attention to detail the wallpaper had. Each flower seemingly looked different. The dark hardwood flooring underneath her clicked with each step she took. The entire suite smelled of smoke. The pleasant kind-- like freshly burned cherry wood, not like a cigarette. To her left was a miniature library, each wall adorned with shelves containing hundreds of old books from around the galaxy as old as the renaissance in some planets. Most of them were, unbeknownst to her, from Earth itself. Aging hardcovered pieces of literature excited and intrigued her deeply. To her right was a room with a powerful white light hanging above. With the door closed, the light seemed to not expand into the other rooms, thus not ruining the serene dimness. The flooring was of natural grass, the occasional wildflower patch surrounding her. The room itself was obviously for photosynthesis in the case she absolutely needed to perform it. To her right, beyond the door, was a fireplace, used several times, thus given an aged look. To her left, beyond the door, was a single table, a dim lamp, a bed neatly arranged with the greatest attention to detail, any beyond that, a dresser.

Other: Sam is in both Daytona's cheer and a tenor in their show choir program, probably a role model for both. That said, he isn't perfect. He does terribly in math, hates staying focused on things not fun for him, hates sitting in front of books, and is incredibly squeamish.
Last edited by Greater Korean Juche Republic on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Love to the Fatherland and Hate to the Enemy
WV74: 25th place - 23 points
WV75 - 15th place - 51 points

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:--snip--

After some deliberation and contemplation, I am willing to give this application the green light. Accepted.

Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:--snip--

Accepted.

And I presume further applications, for the parents, will follow?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:--snip--

After some deliberation and contemplation, I am willing to give this application the green light. Accepted.

Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:--snip--

Accepted.

And I presume further applications, for the parents, will follow?

Soon, though only for the mother, it might be a while.
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Took care some administrative tasks, for the roleplay, and now I am back on track with posting some content to speed things up a bit, as-planned. Such content may include: Daniel-Ryo, Sophia-Audrey, and the initiation of the football game.

The first and last, however, are quite certainly occurring as-scheduled. For a refresher, or a note for those who had just joined us, all the characters that I have, all of whom I am willing to post with, are:

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:08 pm

You all may now begin posting arrivals, as you please, into the stadium for the football game, with events leading up to the kickoff.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Hm, bit of a delay on the Noah Smith-Ryo Shimizu post, since I am currently reading up on the regulations as it pertains to off-season practices for baseball in the state of Florida.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Hm, bit of a delay on the Noah Smith-Ryo Shimizu post, since I am currently reading up on the regulations as it pertains to off-season practices for baseball in the state of Florida.

Do you know what the process is for getting a dorm, or do I have to introduce my character completely first, because it's been assumed that he's been here for a while, being in two entire programs.
(I do not use NS stats)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Hm, bit of a delay on the Noah Smith-Ryo Shimizu post, since I am currently reading up on the regulations as it pertains to off-season practices for baseball in the state of Florida.

Do you know what the process is for getting a dorm, or do I have to introduce my character completely first, because it's been assumed that he's been here for a while, being in two entire programs.

Having reserved a spot in the dorm is not dependent upon posting in the IC-thread.

All you need to do is simply pick a room number, within the appropriate dorm, and it will be all yours. I will, of course, check to see if it isn't with, say, a freshmen for you and otherwise confirm the room-selection.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Having reserved a spot in the dorm is not dependent upon posting in the IC-thread.

All you need to do is simply pick a room number, within the appropriate dorm, and it will be all yours. I will, of course, check to see if it isn't with, say, a freshmen for you and otherwise confirm the room-selection.

Wonderful! I guess I'd like to take room 2, since nobody else is already in it, and it'd clear up some room for others that would absolutely love to partner with the free characters.
(I do not use NS stats)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Having reserved a spot in the dorm is not dependent upon posting in the IC-thread.

Wonderful! I guess I'd like to take room 2, since nobody else is already in it, and it'd clear up some room for others that would absolutely love to partner with the free characters.

I presume, in the post in the IC, that Sam is not taking the field as part of the team. Post is a bit ambiguous as to its' intent, but is that correct?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 am

Once I get a TG back from Makhnovia re the Gene/Brian pool game, as well as the rematch, then I should have a timeskip post up and ready just in case anyone wants to talk to my Northern Irish maths teacher for whatever reason. He should be at the football game, which should also be handy if anyone else is going.

Speaking of which, Paul Richmond and Ágúst Daviðsson are also free to talk if anyone wants to interact with them (though Ágúst won't be going to the match because American football really isn't his thing, he'd probably be off somewhere else drawing). I know Imp offered Julia to interact with one of them, with me suggesting that she talk to Ágúst, but I'm still waiting for him to start (if he still wants to go through with it) since I don't know how to do it.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Elejamie wrote:Once I get a TG back from Makhnovia re the Gene/Brian pool game, as well as the rematch, then I should have a timeskip post up and ready just in case anyone wants to talk to my Northern Irish maths teacher for whatever reason. He should be at the football game, which should also be handy if anyone else is going.

Speaking of which, Paul Richmond and Ágúst Daviðsson are also free to talk if anyone wants to interact with them (though Ágúst won't be going to the match because American football really isn't his thing, he'd probably be off somewhere else drawing). I know Imp offered Julia to interact with one of them, with me suggesting that she talk to Ágúst, but I'm still waiting for him to start (if he still wants to go through with it) since I don't know how to do it.

He messaged us awhile back, in the group chat, that he would be away for some time. I believe he ought to be returning later this week, or sometime during the following.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:29 pm

I presume, in the post in the IC, that Sam is not taking the field as part of the team. Post is a bit ambiguous as to its' intent, but is that correct?

No, he isn't in football! I mean, he's never the athletic type but maintains his health relatively okay. Football's never really been an interest, when he can instead be conversing with Ashley and (insert some other basic-ahh cheer girl) name about their eye shadow routine and sets.
(I do not use NS stats)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Does Sam want a potential boyfriend character creating?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Does Sam want a potential boyfriend character creating?

Yeah, but I wouldn't want any relationship development to be instantaneous!
(I do not use NS stats)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Does Sam want a potential boyfriend character creating?

Nah, some cute romantic scenes may be in order.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Nah, some cute romantic scenes may be in order.

Exactly! Sam's a total crush-material, though. He's my baby, no, ALL of my characters on any roleplay are my babies.
(I do not use NS stats)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Nah, some cute romantic scenes may be in order.

Exactly! Sam's a total crush-material, though. He's my baby, no, ALL of my characters on any roleplay are my babies.

Jay will be the choir leader, I think.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Jay will be the choir leader, I think.

Show choir is an elective,a fine art credit and PE substitute. Most show choirs work like this. There are no "leaders". Since it's an actual class, the teacher oversees this. There will also be a student choreographer, to teach the dances, and if the school really has the money, a teacher's assistant for vocal coaching. I should know for myself, I'm a sophomore at my local high school, home to five really awesome show choirs, nearing 250 total members. (A show choir is a group that dances AND sings, for reference). There is a booster club for financially supporting the students, but that's limited to parents.
(I do not use NS stats)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I presume, in the post in the IC, that Sam is not taking the field as part of the team. Post is a bit ambiguous as to its' intent, but is that correct?

No, he isn't in football! I mean, he's never the athletic type but maintains his health relatively okay. Football's never really been an interest, when he can instead be conversing with Ashley and (insert some other basic-ahh cheer girl) name about their eye shadow routine and sets.

Figured, but didn't want to make an incorrect presumption.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Anyone hear from Flatt?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse