NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Presently vacationing in Texas, however I can review and comment/accept the application tonight when I have sufficient time to do so.

Word, sounds good to me.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:38 pm

United Human Planets wrote:-snipped--

Accepted.

Well thought-out application, I must say, and I will gladly allow Jane to be brought back as well, in order for this to work.

You may begin posting with both as of tonight, if you so wish.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 am

Based off of where we are in the roleplay, such how things are progressing and how many players are still participating, we will time-skip toward the following week and likely set into place a forced-transition from one week to the next (likely two/three OOC-weeks for everyone one IC-week). After we wrap some things up in the IC, it's likely one of the things we will skip to is the first football game. If anyone has any objections, now is the time to voice them.

Further, being a lot of interaction is impromptu, I'm trying something out with having characters randomly doing things, such as walking around the hall, eating lunch, playing a game/sport, doing an extracurricular activity, etc. Combined with a decision to greatly expand my own cast of characters, this will undoubtedly spur even more activity.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:27 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Based off of where we are in the roleplay, such how things are progressing and how many players are still participating, we will time-skip toward the following week and likely set into place a forced-transition from one week to the next (likely two/three OOC-weeks for everyone one IC-week). After we wrap some things up in the IC, it's likely one of the things we will skip to is the first football game. If anyone has any objections, now is the time to voice them.

Further, being a lot of interaction is impromptu, I'm trying something out with having characters randomly doing things, such as walking around the hall, eating lunch, playing a game/sport, doing an extracurricular activity, etc. Combined with a decision to greatly expand my own cast of characters, this will undoubtedly spur even more activity.

That's fine with me. Besides, the Brian-Gene pool game probably would've been wrapped up by then (and the rematch would probably be sorted out during the time skip) and, if I haven't done so already, it'll be a good time to finally introduce Paul and Ágúst, though the downside there is that I need to think of something for them to do and maybe who'd be interested in joining them.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.1

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Name: Hannah Rachel Winters
Sex: Female
Grade: 10th
Role: Student
Birthday: 01/29/2002
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: WIP
Personality: Hard-headed and quick-tempered are usually the most applicable words one would use to describe Hannah, yet there is far more to her than initial appearances suggest. Hannah struggles with Borderline Personality Disorder, as well as subsequent depression, and she regularly abuses drugs and alcohol as a result -- yet Hannah is also a bold, outgoing, and generally-fearless individual to make her quite the loyal friend at the same time. Hannah is also quite flirtatious, is very straightforward about her romantic-feelings toward other people, and is not ashamed of the fact that she is sexually attracted to both guys and girls alike. Hannah has quite the sense of humor, and is a common perpetrator of pranks around campus.
Sexual Orientation: "3" on Kinsey Scale
Dislikes: WIP
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personal Skills: WIP
Biography: WIP
Other: WIP
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.2

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Name: DeWayne Irvine Landry
Sex: Male
Grade: 12th
Birthday: 10/30/2000
Hometown: DeLand, FL
Appearance: WIP
Personality: WIP
Sexual Orientation: WIP
Moral Alignment: WIP
Skills: WIP
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.3

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Name: Angélica-Maria Fredrica Esteves
Grade: 12th
Birthday: 05/16/2001
Hometown: Porto, Portugal
RP Sample: WIP
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.4

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Name: Khamisi "Connor" Akello Olufunmilola
Birthday: 11/28/2002
Hometown: Jinja, Uganda
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.5

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Name: Thomas Carson Jenson
Birthday: 03/02/2002
Hometown: Daytona Beach, FL
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Could I create a rich football star who is rather arrogant, selfish, rude and generally unpleasant to be around?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP No.6

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Name: Emily Michelle Romano
Birthday: 04/19/2002
Hometown: Deltona, FL
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Could I create a rich football star who is rather arrogant, selfish, rude and generally unpleasant to be around?

The football team is quite stocked with quality players, even among remaining players, thus if you are aiming for the "star" esque character, I would greatly advise another sport - baseball or basketball being notable alternatives to choose from.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Could I create a rich football star who is rather arrogant, selfish, rude and generally unpleasant to be around?

The football team is quite stocked with quality players, even among remaining players, thus if you are aiming for the "star" esque character, I would greatly advise another sport - baseball or basketball being notable alternatives to choose from.

Baseball needs to stop. Like seriously, it clogs up sports radio and goes on too long.
I'll make him the star basketball player then. App coming soon. How much of an rp sample do you want? I never know what to provide because I always get very self-conscious and hate my own writing. Some people here have rped with me before though.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:The football team is quite stocked with quality players, even among remaining players, thus if you are aiming for the "star" esque character, I would greatly advise another sport - baseball or basketball being notable alternatives to choose from.

Baseball needs to stop. Like seriously, it clogs up sports radio and goes on too long.
I'll make him the star basketball player then. App coming soon. How much of an rp sample do you want? I never know what to provide because I always get very self-conscious and hate my own writing. Some people here have rped with me before though.

If you have a link to a roleplay you had partaken in, that would be perfectly sufficient. Only reason we ask for one is to have an idea what to expect, as far as quality-of-post is concerned.

Though, this is not that intimidating of a roleplay, overall, as we're actually quite lenient.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:04 pm

If you have a link to a roleplay you had partaken in, that would be perfectly sufficient. Only reason we ask for one is to have an idea what to expect, as far as quality-of-post is concerned.

Though, this is not that intimidating of a roleplay, overall, as we're actually quite lenient.

I'll just write out an example, I do a lot of school-style rps so it should be fine.

Also, unless this role has already been taken, one of the major atractions to having him as a friend is that his parents will be those parents who let their teenage child push them around to embarrassing degrees, the sort who don't mind getting fake ids and replacing whatever expensive car he crashed last night and covering for him when the police would like a word because he just punched somebody for looking at him the wrong way.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:If you have a link to a roleplay you had partaken in, that would be perfectly sufficient. Only reason we ask for one is to have an idea what to expect, as far as quality-of-post is concerned.

I'll just write out an example, I do a lot of school-style rps so it should be fine.

Also, unless this role has already been taken, one of the major atractions to having him as a friend is that his parents will be those parents who let their teenage child push them around to embarrassing degrees, the sort who don't mind getting fake ids and replacing whatever expensive car he crashed last night and covering for him when the police would like a word because he just punched somebody for looking at him the wrong way.

The school is rather large, so even if there were another character of that sort, it would be perfectly fine with having another.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Any chance of a copy of the application template with the extra stuff already removed? I'm using a screen reader and it plays funny with forms as it is, removing this could take an inordinate length of time

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Any chance of a copy of the application template with the extra stuff already removed? I'm using a screen reader and it plays funny with forms as it is, removing this could take an inordinate length of time

Of course, I could telegram it to you if you'd like.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Any chance of a copy of the application template with the extra stuff already removed? I'm using a screen reader and it plays funny with forms as it is, removing this could take an inordinate length of time

Of course, I could telegram it to you if you'd like.

If you could that'd be awesome thanks

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Of course, I could telegram it to you if you'd like.

If you could that'd be awesome thanks

Sent.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Since we're quite far in, have the seniors now graduated?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Since we're quite far in, have the seniors now graduated?

No, in fact we're only just about to start the second-week of school. Though, the pace will greatly pick up with a few tricks I have up my sleeve.

Aiming to be around October, ICly, by the end of the year, RL.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Since we're quite far in, have the seniors now graduated?

No, in fact we're only just about to start the second-week of school. Though, the pace will greatly pick up with a few tricks I have up my sleeve.

Wait, Americans start school in August?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:No, in fact we're only just about to start the second-week of school. Though, the pace will greatly pick up with a few tricks I have up my sleeve.

Wait, Americans start school in August?

We are in Mid-August, yes.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Wait, Americans start school in August?

We are in Mid-August, yes.

We didn't start school until September in the UK but I think Americans break up earlier

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse