NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

W.I.P.

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Name: Strom Taylor
Sex: Male
Grade: 9th
Role: Student
Birthday: 12/20/2002
Hometown: Double Springs, AL
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/8e/0f ... 5b40f1.jpgHeight, Weight, and Body Type: 5'9, 130 lbs, slim
Personality: Strom is a relatively withdrawn individual but at the same time is more open with people who he regally associates with at the academy and can be flirty with females who he has feelings for.
Likes: GOP, reading, being in a small group of friends, being well dressed, country and American folk music
Dislikes: Hippies, being at a large social event (unless with a group of friends.), Modern music, drugs
Sexual Orientation: 0
Moral Alignment: Lawfull good
Skills: Oratory,
Biography: No less than a paragraph of three-to-four sentences
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417546&p=33800643&hilit=president#p33800643
Other: Literally, anything else you would like to share about your character
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Name: Strom Taylor
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/8e/0f ... 5b40f1.jpgHeight, Weight, and Body Type: 5'9, 130 lbs, slim
Personality: Strom is a relatively withdrawn individual but at the same time is more open with people who he regally associates with at the academy and can be flirty with females who he has feelings for.
Likes: GOP, reading, being in a small group of friends, being well dressed, country and American folk music
Dislikes: Hippies, being at a large social event (unless with a group of friends.), Modern music, drugs

Would Strom be a relative to the other Taylors in this roleplay? Or rather, does he share their last name by coincidence?
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:47 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Elejamie wrote:
He plays for an amateur rugby team but the season hasn't really started yet so that's one out; not to mention that I'm not sure if Gene would be interested in having a tryout for the team. He likes watching the soccer but in-universe there isn't a game until the 19th (Orlando City against Columbus Crew, which ended in a 1-1 draw). But other than that, he's quite fond of pool, he likes spending time with his family (not the most exciting thing in the world but it keeps him occupied) and, although he doesn't do it anymore, he used to like going to raves back in the late 80s and 90s.

Also, is your guy new to the school or has he been with it for a while? Because if it's the former then maybe we could say that Brian (my teacher) helped him with his first day and Gene wants to repay the favour by taking him out somewhere. Not the best example but I'm always open to something better.

It's not his first year, but he could have helped him with something. Gene is young, energetic and physically fit so tryouts could be something he'd try. Also, he is sociable so he might go out with him anyway. Maybe for the sake of bonding, or to repay a favor, like you mentioned.

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, I don't know why I've been putting this off.

Anyway, that's fine with me. I'd probably go with them trying to bond, mostly because I'm not sure what favour Gene could repay Brian. Not to mention that Brian's left-leaning (mostly because the two main nationalist* parties in Northern Ireland, Sinn Féin and the SDLP, are both left-wing), so that could be another reason why they could get along well.

* In this case it means they want a united Ireland, as opposed to what nationalism generally means.

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Appears Mahknovia has taken the initiative to offer an opportunity for interaction, and for the sake of avoiding a potential case of Paradox of Choice, I will refrain from stating more. Though I will state that more do exist, if necessitated, Elejamie.

On another note, it is time to up the ante some more at the beach party.

Alright, thanks. Besides, I kind of need someone to interact with Ágúst or Paul so if anyone's able to think of any scenarios then please let me know. Downside is that whoever's interested would have to initiate the conversation but I'm sure we can still work something out.

And yes, I know I could easily bring over my BHHS characters to make it a lot easier on myself but Peter doesn't like the heat (not a Canadian thing, by the way, it's more him really), Erin would get too homesick since I'm not sure how much in common Florida has with New Zealand, I'm pretty sure the football team already has a kicker so Kennedy would probably be out (although if they don't then I'll sort something out), Adrian could just stay in Jacksonville or the surrounding areas if he got drafted by the Jags (and retired after he got cut, which lead him to join the police back in BHHS) and I've already got a Nordic guy so I'm not sure if Veikko would be needed.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:Name: Strom Taylor

Would Strom be a relative to the other Taylors in this roleplay? Or rather, does he share their last name by coincidence?

Sorry about that. It was coincidental.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Would Strom be a relative to the other Taylors in this roleplay? Or rather, does he share their last name by coincidence?

Sorry about that. It was coincidental.

It's perfectly acceptable either way, I was actually going to offer advice on expanding upon the family tree since certain family relations had already been established.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Appears Mahknovia has taken the initiative to offer an opportunity for interaction, and for the sake of avoiding a potential case of Paradox of Choice, I will refrain from stating more. Though I will state that more do exist, if necessitated, Elejamie.

On another note, it is time to up the ante some more at the beach party.

Alright, thanks. Besides, I kind of need someone to interact with Ágúst or Paul so if anyone's able to think of any scenarios then please let me know. Downside is that whoever's interested would have to initiate the conversation but I'm sure we can still work something out.

And yes, I know I could easily bring over my BHHS characters to make it a lot easier on myself but Peter doesn't like the heat (not a Canadian thing, by the way, it's more him really), Erin would get too homesick since I'm not sure how much in common Florida has with New Zealand, I'm pretty sure the football team already has a kicker so Kennedy would probably be out (although if they don't then I'll sort something out), Adrian could just stay in Jacksonville or the surrounding areas if he got drafted by the Jags (and retired after he got cut, which lead him to join the police back in BHHS) and I've already got a Nordic guy so I'm not sure if Veikko would be needed.

Gonna make this interesting, in that case.

Pick a number 1-5.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Gonna make this interesting, in that case.

Pick a number 1-5.

Three.
Last edited by Elejamie on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Elejamie wrote:

Pick a number 1-5.

Three.

Ooh, this ought to be good. You had rolled for Julia Winters, so would you like to choose playing with her as Ágúst Daviðsson or Paul Richmond?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Gonna hold off to posting again in the Special Events some, in case Danceria wants to respond or if anyone else wants to post an introduction there. Good time to do it, following that pretty big escalation.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Elejamie wrote:

Pick a number 1-5.

Three.

Here, made them meet up at a pub. If Brian is not fine with that, Gene will be open to them going somewhere else after they meet.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Chewion wrote:Ok what have I missed?

I've been away the last few days, posting a bit on my phone, but not much has occurred in that span.

A trio of freshmen are meandering around the Daytona Boardwalk, which I see Ryan Weber is apparently there as well. Sophia Taylor and Eric Stevens are, also, walking around too - in case you wanted to have Ryan run into them.

Elsewhere, there is a party occurring in a special thread, dubbed 'Special Events.' You are free to have either Weber show up, as you please. If interested, more details can be provided.

Ryan is there with Jessica ;)
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I've been away the last few days, posting a bit on my phone, but not much has occurred in that span.

A trio of freshmen are meandering around the Daytona Boardwalk, which I see Ryan Weber is apparently there as well. Sophia Taylor and Eric Stevens are, also, walking around too - in case you wanted to have Ryan run into them.

Elsewhere, there is a party occurring in a special thread, dubbed 'Special Events.' You are free to have either Weber show up, as you please. If interested, more details can be provided.

Ryan is there with Jessica ;)

Posing it as a possibility, take from it what you will.

He would, of course, recognize the two upon sight.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:17 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Elejamie wrote:
Three.

Here, made them meet up at a pub. If Brian is not fine with that, Gene will be open to them going somewhere else after they meet.

Alrighty. Once I've posted this and after I've found it I'll get a response up. EDIT: Got a Brian post up for you.

Elejamie wrote:
Three.

Ooh, this ought to be good. You had rolled for Julia Winters, so would you like to choose playing with her as Ágúst Daviðsson or Paul Richmond?

Looking at her bio, Ágúst would probably be the best bet. Primarily because he's artistic as well (as he likes to draw) and she might like his drawings. There'll probably be a couple of downsides (different tastes in music, a slight language barrier, different interests) but overall their meeting should go alright.

P.S. When you get around to it, feel free to stick him into any dorm. Again, Paul doesn't need a dorm since his family doesn't live too far away from the school
Last edited by Elejamie on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Updated (W.I.P.)

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Name: Jefferson Richard Polk
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/8e/0f ... 5b40f1.jpg
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'9, 130 lbs, slim
Personality: Jefferson is a relatively withdrawn individual but at the same time is more open with people who he regularly associates with at the academy and can be flirty with females who he has feelings for.
Moral Alignment: Lawful good
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Name: Dima Popov
Grade: 10th,
Hometown: Minneapolis Minnesota
Appearance: Image
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'7, 123 lbs, slim
Personality: Dima is student with strong Bulgarian accent and severe learning disabilities. He is usually simple, but prone to trouble-making and drinking. He always wears black.
Dislikes: Studying, Greeks
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Skills: drinking, squatting, wearing black
Biography: Dima was born to Bulgarian immigrants in Minneapolis. He was always a troubled kid, and he got even more troubled after his dad got arrested for smuggling stockings and used car parts. After that he mostly wondered around, dealing in petty theft, drinking and running errands for small criminals. He moved to Florida to sell fake perfumes too tourists. Then he took up a job as a helper on a local farm but got arrested for getting drunk and karate-kicking sheep. Facing jail or education, he opted to go to Daytona and was mainstreamed despite his IQ being on the lower end of the average spectrum.
RP Sample: Link to a RP, or a post, is preferable, though a written example of talent-level is acceptable - no shorter than a three or four sentence paragraph
Other:
Last edited by The Free Territory of Makhnovia on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Just a couple of quick heads up:

1. The World Cup of Hockey is about to start over on NS Sports so if I take longer than usual to get a reply up, this is why. Granted, at the minute, it's just Brian talking to Gene, so it's not much of a problem. But still, just letting you all know.
  2. I might go back at some point and edit in my characters' likes and dislikes. Don't understand why I'm announcing it, since it's not that important and I'm not sure if I'll ever do it but still, here we are.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am

Been away due to spending these last few days at the beach, however I will be returning home today and will get a post up sometime once I return home.

Also, Flattnerk has requested I take over posting for Jessica for the foreseeable future.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I presume we've lost Danceria, at least temporarily, so we shall proceed further.

Now that I am back in-town, I will do just that for us. Though, rather than tonight as previously hoped, I'll do so tomorrow morning and take the night off.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:27 am

The Friday party is still going on right?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 am

Chewion wrote:The Friday party is still going on right?

Affirmative.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:35 pm

tag

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm

United Human Planets wrote:tag

We would love to have you :)

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Name: Leila Shepard
Sex: Female
Grade: 11th
Role: Student (Boarding)
Birthday: December/31/2001 (17 years old.)
Hometown: Grundy, Virginia.
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'6", 121 lbs, thin
Personality: Leila is tough, no nonsense, and unafraid of conflict, but also secretly a softy. Despite her gruff exterior, she is actually a very sensitive person, and dreams of being a singer so that she can share her experiences with the world. She will often act self assured and like she knows what she is doing, (something that has often made her a leader, though she wishes that it didn't) but in reality she is just winging it and hoping for the best.

She wore a dress once, and hated it.
- Her truck, which is a shitty beater but the only one she has.
- Her father who, despite the fact that he is rarely around do to working, is truly a good man and did his best with the limited resources he had.
- Virginia. Its her home after all.
Dislikes: - The ocean. She grew up inland, and though its pretty to look at, it freaks her out to be in and or on it.
- The city. She's only there for the education.
- The cold.
- Her mother, who left when she was seven and doomed her and her father to near poverty for her whole life.
Sexual Orientation: Exclusively homosexual, though she is still getting a handle on this in her own mind.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills: - Guitar
- Singing
- Working with her hands
- Communicating with people
- Listening (A more useful skill than most would admit.)
- Hard worker
- Driven
- A good sense of who she is
Biography: Leila Kathrine Shepard was born and raised in the little town of Grundy Virginia, and from the time she was born to two days after her seventh birthday, was raised by both her father and her mother. Her first memory is of that day after her birthday. Her mother had been a difficult, and often flighty woman, and after another fight between her and Leila's father about how she was still not working and couldn't hold a job, she packed up and left. Leila's mother, who she was named after, got in her car that day and drove off down the street, leaving her father, a man named Jimmy to shout obscenities at her from the street and throw and old beer can at her retreating car. Leila was, understandably, distraught at this. And though her father made sure she knew that he loved her and would never abandon her, she still suffered from serious abandonment issues for the next 7 years. She was often nervous and had trouble in school, though her teachers all were insistent in parent teacher meetings that she was very smart.

When she was 13, for her birthday her grandfather gifted her a guitar, which proved to be the turning point in her life. Leila began to play religiously, to the point that there was brief concern that she had possibly developed OCD or that she had un-diagnosed autism due to how obsessively she played. However, it was neither of these things, and despite her issues concerning the loss of her mother, Leila was a normally adjusted young girl. She had just simply discovered her passion. She began to play in talent shows and began to win them after two years of playing, and was quickly a well known member of the town for her frequent busking in downtown Grundy.

When she was 15, like most young people her age, Leila learned how to drive from her uncle, her fathers older brother. She was given Her Uncles old truck, a Ford Bronco that had more problems with it than most people in mental institutions. But Leila loved it anyways, and drove around when she got the chance, and began splitting her time between music and keeping her truck in working order. As her confidence grew and she began to move on from her abandonment issues, she began to better in school as well, and started to develop a reputation for herself for being tough and no nonsense.

During her sophomore year, she was suspended after her confidence got a little to strong, and she got into a fistfight. She won, coming out of it with a black eye and a busted lip, but with the hurt pride after looking like and asshole for fighting. During her week long suspension, she went hunting for a job, and managed to land one at the local grocery store. She hated it, finding the work mind numbing and dull. But, she came out of it with a new experience, when she met a girl there named Jane Barrow. Jane swept Leila off her feet, and terrified her because of this. She had never thought to much about boys, a fact that had never really occurred to her was not common, but suddenly as she went to sleep every night and couldn't stop thinking about a pretty girl, she knew she was in trouble. Growing up in a conservative small town in the south, she knew that being gay could make her life a living hell. But to make matters worse, she could tell that Jane felt the same way about her.

But no matter how hard Leila tried to push her feelings away, they kept coming back, and the two girls started to see each other as secretly as they could. Jane's family owned a farm a little ways outside of town, and Jane would go to visit her there as much as she could, considering that it was more private and had less prying neighbors than the little trailer park where Leila lived. Jane, seeing Leila's intelligence and determination more than just her being the poor girl with the missing mom that most knew her as, started to encourage Leila to branch out. Though she was at first unsure about it, Leila eventually agreed that her girlfriend, if that was what they really were, was right. She started looking for better schools than the local high school, and eventually found Daytona Academy. She brought up the idea with her father, and together they managed to do all the work needed to get her application in and economic support for the payment.

After a week of waiting, she got the news back, that she would be going to Coastal Daytona for her Junior year. Leila was overjoyed, as was her father, who was proud as could be that his daughter was smart enough to get into such a successful and difficult to get into school. Jane was equally excited, and when she and Leila saw each other next, they celebrated with stolen beer. However, this time they weren't as careful, and the two were caught by Jane's parents. Being the rich debutantes they were, they were careful to keep the whole town from learning, which was a blessing for both Jane and Leila, but they were furious with their daughter. Leila was sent away, and her father was informed by Mr and Mrs Barrow of the incident.

("You had best make sure that your shitty little trailer trash daughter stays away from ours," was apparently a common phrase during the phone battle between Jimmy Shepard and Mr and Mrs Barrow.)

That night, with no other choice, Leila was forced to inform her father of her sexuality. It was a moment she had hoped she would never have to take part in, but it was made thankfully short and easy by her dad. They sat at the little fold out table they had in their trailer kitchen, drank a few beers each, and Leila was informed by her father that though he was uncomfortable and unsure of his daughter being gay, he was just happy that she was happy. He would have to get used to it, but he would be proud of her for who she was anyways. Leila was understandably thankful, and after a night of tearful hugs they sat down to watch a movie and go to bed.

By the time the summer ended, Leila had packed up her bags and was off for school. Her father had offered to drive her, but she had insisted that she knew how to drive and had a car of her own, she wanted to do it herself. So she set off, driving further south through the Carolina's, Georgia and into Florida, where she came to Daytona and the Coastal Daytona Academy.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=441485&p=33882252#p33882252
Other: THEME SONGS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjecIllOEio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvDDuBg3rgE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-91EIohKZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yai7FyswxAY

Leila keeps with her a pressed rose, given to her by Jane before she left for Coastal Daytona Academy.
Last edited by United Human Planets on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 pm

New Flattnerk wrote:
United Human Planets wrote:tag

We would love to have you :)

And so you shall have me.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Presently vacationing in Texas, however I can review and comment/accept the application tonight when I have sufficient time to do so.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse