NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Danceria wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Amusing, I may just incorporate it into the party song-list.

Though I am deeply saddened that Sophia and Jacques appear to be the only ones in the class. Though I believe I have somehow derailed the class without mentioning urban legends, or doing any means of disturbance.
Yay?

I had contemplated playing NPCs, as-needed, strictly to keep things moving along, yet it seems Mahknovia had taken the initiative with the presumption of NPC interaction.

On another note, the party in the Special Events thread wasn't exactly principal-approved. Could be he's just trying to speak some confidence into them that it won't devolve into a debaucherous affair, but merely wanted to clarify regardless.

The IC-post that had never, apparently, been posted would had shed some further light on the invitation-process as well as some further details. I shall attempt to put another together promptly.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Danceria wrote:Though I am deeply saddened that Sophia and Jacques appear to be the only ones in the class. Though I believe I have somehow derailed the class without mentioning urban legends, or doing any means of disturbance.
Yay?

I had contemplated playing NPCs, as-needed, strictly to keep things moving along, yet it seems Mahknovia had taken the initiative with the presumption of NPC interaction.

On another note, the party in the Special Events thread wasn't exactly principal-approved. Could be he's just trying to speak some confidence into them that it won't devolve into a debaucherous affair, but merely wanted to clarify regardless.

The IC-post that had never, apparently, been posted would had shed some further light on the invitation-process as well as some further details. I shall attempt to put another together promptly.

Palm shall now meet face.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Danceria wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I had contemplated playing NPCs, as-needed, strictly to keep things moving along, yet it seems Mahknovia had taken the initiative with the presumption of NPC interaction.

Palm shall now meet face.

No worries. If you wanted to keep it, you can. An easy explanation is that he just said that to his parents to make them feel about about the idea, assuming he would be content with telling a white lie.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Danceria wrote:Palm shall now meet face.

No worries. If you wanted to keep it, you can. An easy explanation is that he just said that to his parents to make them feel about about the idea, assuming he would be content with telling a white lie.

He would, in this case. It would be the few he's ever told.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Danceria wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:No worries. If you wanted to keep it, you can. An easy explanation is that he just said that to his parents to make them feel about about the idea, assuming he would be content with telling a white lie.

He would, in this case. It would be the few he's ever told.

Understood. In that case, I will respond tomorrow, either in the morning before work, or in the evening afterward. Afraid it is time for me to head off for the night.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:27 am

Danceria wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Amusing, I may just incorporate it into the party song-list.

Though I am deeply saddened that Sophia and Jacques appear to be the only ones in the class. Though I believe I have somehow derailed the class without mentioning urban legends, or doing any means of disturbance.
Yay?

Let's see the discussion continue, hopefully.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Finally I'm completely free to rejoin! What would be the best way to introduce Yusuf again?
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Kwadai wrote:Finally I'm completely free to rejoin! What would be the best way to introduce Yusuf again?

Welcome back. You may try to take up some more interaction with the likes of Jackson Brady, which may or may not have to have anything to do with the occurrences in the Special Events thread, linked at the top of the first page.

Other possibilities include a slice-of-life post in the IC, one that takes part during the week, a flashback, or just have him meander around during lunch-time.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Thanks for spotting that, Imp. I've gone back and made it clear how much he won, although I can make it clearer if needs be.

That's actually quite sufficient, thanks pal.

You're welcome. Here's the second bloke, as well as first student. Once again, if there are any problems please let me know so I can go back and fix them.

Name: Paul Richmond
Sex: Male
Grade: 11th
Role: Student
Birthday: 28/01/2001 (or 01/28/2001 if you use MM/DD/YYYY)
Hometown: Stanley, Falkland Islands
Appearance: Image
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5' 11", 174lb, a little bit muscular.
Personality: There really isn't too much to say about Paul, really. On the surface, he seems to be a distant, somewhat snarky person; not necessarily a loner, an introvert or even someone who's grumpy but rather someone who prefers his own personal space. However, once you get to know him, he's actually a chill bloke with a good sense of humour, albeit a somewhat sarcastic one.
Sexual Orientation: Pretty much a 0 on the Kinsey Scale.
Moral Alignment: Lawful neutral
Personal Skills: He has good reflexes, he's fairly athletic and fairly strong, all of which makes sense considering what he wants to be when he's older.
Biography: Paul David Stephen Richmond was born in Stanley, the capital of the Falkland Islands, the youngest of three children. His father David was a fisherman who was born in the islands and was caught up in the war that hit the area in 1982, although fortunately he and his family all made it out alright. His mother Ellen was a bank clerk and part-time photographer who visited the islands in 1997, partially to get some good snaps of the area and the wildlife but also because at the time she and a few family members were on holiday to Antarctica (as a family member wanted to fill out their bucket wish) and it had a quick stop on the islands. There she met David and, a few months later, returned to the islands, eventually giving birth to Paul's older brother Tim, older sister Louise and eventually Paul himself. Growing up on the islands was pretty quiet and uneventful, mostly because there wasn't really a whole lot for him to do there, although he managed to make the best of it; regular visits into the Camp, penguin-spotting and even visiting Argentina at one point.

When he was 11 years old, his family moved from the Falklands to Daytona Beach, FL, his mother's hometown, for reasons that even he doesn't know, mostly because he never asked. In hindsight, however, it turned out to be for the best as a bigger city meant there were loads more things to do, helped by the fact that he settled into school alright and made a couple of friends. It was also living in Florida that he got into ice hockey, with his interest starting when he first saw The Mighty Ducks on TV and decided that that's what he wanted to do when he was older. The fact that the Orlando Solar Bears started playing in the ECHL the season after he moved helped matters as well, especially since he was able to attend a game around his 12th birthday. After deciding that he wanted to be a goalie, if only because it was somewhat safer and because he can't skate as well, he received some goaltender equipment for Christmas and, with the help of friends and family, began practicing, hoping that his skills will be good enough to either land him on a junior hockey team or a college team once he graduates high school.
RP Sample: Same samples as last time.
Other: Whatever you do, do NOT say that the Falklands belong to Argentina, as he will give you a history lesson at best or probably punch you in the face at worst; however, he can tolerate them being called [las] Islas Malvinas and he does genuinely respect the Argentinian soldiers that gave their lives in the war and as a result won't hear a bad word about them (unless the person's talking about the National Reorganization Process, who ran the country at the time) or the Argentinian people in general - indeed he supports Argentina when it comes to the soccer, as opposed to any of the British national teams. He's also a fan of the Florida Panthers hockey team and hopes to become the first Falklands-born player to play in the NHL, although he'd play for the US national team should he be good enough to play internationally. And since he doesn't live too far from the school, about a 15-20 minute walk, he won't be needing a dorm.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Can we have a lit class for Heather to partake in?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:Can we have a lit class for Heather to partake in?

Can work something out to make it happen.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:18 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:Can we have a lit class for Heather to partake in?

Can work something out to make it happen.

Neat.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Word of update: I am off for tonight, presently at the movie theater to see Jurassic World, though I shall have plenty of opportunities to post in each of the threads tomorrow, of which I intend to utilize.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 pm

A couple of quick questions:

1. Is my new guy's app accepted? Because if it is I've got one more guy to do and then I should probably be done for now. If it isn't, then please let me know what I need to fix or add and I'll do it.
  2. Is there anything my teacher can do for the minute? Because I'd really love to do something just so I don't end up taking up space but I don't know what and I don't particularly fancy butting into someone's conversation.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Elejamie wrote:A couple of quick questions:

1. Is my new guy's app accepted? Because if it is I've got one more guy to do and then I should probably be done for now. If it isn't, then please let me know what I need to fix or add and I'll do it.
  2. Is there anything my teacher can do for the minute? Because I'd really love to do something just so I don't end up taking up space but I don't know what and I don't particularly fancy butting into someone's conversation.

Appears NationStates had eaten the previous acceptance post, but I've reviewed it again just now and I can, once more, state that it is sufficient. Paul Richmond is officially Accepted.

Per your teacher, I can look into opening another classroom thread (can't open too many threads, but I'll happily ask if one more is fine) for him to do something for the time being. I'd rather not have two classrooms running concurrently within the same thread, to avoid confusion.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Ah fak, where can I start?
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Will be posting soon
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 am

Elejamie wrote:A couple of quick questions:

Appears NationStates had eaten the previous acceptance post, but I've reviewed it again just now and I can, once more, state that it is sufficient. Paul Richmond is officially Accepted.

Per your teacher, I can look into opening another classroom thread (can't open too many threads, but I'll happily ask if one more is fine) for him to do something for the time being. I'd rather not have two classrooms running concurrently within the same thread, to avoid confusion.

Alright, thanks. I was wondering if something was up, like whether you just didn't see it for whatever reason or if it was just NS playing up. I'll get my last guy's app up within the next couple of days.

Either way, with Paulie boy now accepted I might do a post with him instead of my teacher, so don't worry about getting a second classroom thread up. It might be later today if not tomorrow, since I'm also doing an RP for this rugby sevens tournament I'm in, (EDIT: Saving the sevens tourney RP for tomorrow (or whenever the next round will bem so I'll be free to post here) but if anyone's interested in a conversation with him or if there's something he can do I'm up for it.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 am

What have I missed?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Name: Karl Wolff
Birthday: 01/01/2001
Hometown: Munich, Germany
Appearance:

Personality: A kleptomaniac with a hoarding problem. There are more than few times when items winded up missing after his visit on someone else’s property, only for either Sarkuz or Darjeeling to find said items in his possession. It is his largest problem, but with psychiatric help, he has been to stave off his disorder so far, preventing any incidents in the Coastal Daytona High School.

Despite his seemingly morbid affinity for taking items without consent, he is a softie. Sarkuz describes him as “that guy you will never stop getting annoyed at, but you can’t stop loving him either.” Karl is a true friend, fully capable of comforting others even if he himself has problems larger than the galaxy. He also had this strange habit of biting people he considers close on the shoulder non-painfully, usually to show affection.
Likes: Hoarding stuff, spaghetti, pizza, cheese, history, biting, anime, explosions.
Dislikes: Pineapple on pizza, butter, judgemental people, and spiders.
Sexual Orientation: A straightey
Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Skills: Hiding things in plain sight, taking things without anyone noticing, and suprisingly a master photographer.
Biography: Karl Wolf was the eldest child of two in a wealthy family in Germany. When he was ten, his psychiatric problem of kleptomania started to manifest. When his family visited the homes of other oligarchs, items would wind up missing. Thing such as gold coins,German marks, books, and even alarm clocks would disappear whenever he marked his presence. Finally, after three years of items being lost, his sister found a huge stash of supposedly stolen items under his bed. Needless to say, his parents were disheartened, but they instantly knew that something was wrong psychologically. After a quick trip to the psychiatrist, he was diagnosed with kleptomania, the impulse to steal items for no particular reason. He was immediately prescribed pharmaceutical treatments as well cognitive therapy. After a year, he seemed to be improving, but hell fell down when his sister was diagnosed with cancer. The family did everything in its power to cure her, but it was already an advanced stage three. She died.

As if things can’t get any worse, their wealth was declining. The business was failing, and only an offer from across the Atlantic ocean saved them from falling down the social ladder. An American corporation took note of the superb capabilities of Karl’s father, and invited him across the sea to be one of them. They were to be based on Coastal Daytona.

It was in Daytona that Karl met his friends, Darjeeling and Sarkuz. As Karl ate alone in a restaurant, Sarkuz would ask him if the seat adjacent to him was empty. He said yes, and soon enough an incoming Darjeeling asked the same thing. It was a yes again, and soon enough they were engaged in conversation and… became friends for all eternity.
RP Sample: You know meeee
Other: He has a hoarded collection of anime DVD’s in his closet. Whether or not they were simply taken is unknown.

Name: Darjeeling Veny
Sex: Female
Birthday: 03/18/2001
Hometown: Coastal Daytona itself
Appearance:
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'7, 90 lbs, slim
Personality: Darjeeling is really the strangest of the three friends. She is by all means a warfreak, and does not hesitate to pull the hairs out of anyone that dares threaten either Sarkuz or Karl. Of course, she does it with their help.

“Little Miss Darjeeling”, as she is often called, is also a nerd for military history. Give her the picture of a random WWII tank or warship and she can name it, alongside what is its specifications, such as weapons caliber and tonnage.

She is usually rambling about love life, which is ironic given that she never had any suitors, mostly because of her terrifying disposition. She likes to say things like, “There’s a higher chance that Earth will be eaten by black hole than me getting a boyfriend.”
Likes: Tanks, apples, pineapples, tomatoes, pizza, food in general
Dislikes: People that dare threaten her friends, people that get history facts wrong, Flat-Earthers, explosions
Sexual Orientation: She likes men but… she likes gay men most.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Skills: Memorization, word games, and cooking.
Biography: While Sarkuz and Karl both originate from the upper class, Darjeeling is the odd one out of them. She was the middle child in a middle class family in Coastal Daytona, and she wasn’t the kindest nor the most likeable. She was simply too terrifying of a girl back then, her tongue as sharp as swords and words like a litany of fury. No one thought that she’d ever have a love life, and it was true for the most part. Any potential suitors would be immediately driven away by her crazy attitude. She never really had friends that always stayed by her either. She hated that fact.

This would go on from eighth grade to the tenth, where she would meet the friends she would view as eternal brothers. Sarkuz and Karl were their names, and well… she sometimes thinks she likes one of them far more than a friend. But when questioned by others, she would answer, “Oh God, of course not!”

Only time will tell if her denial is true after all.
RP Sample: U know meh
Other: You wouldn’t want to screw with her.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 am

Korhal IVV wrote:Ah fak, where can I start?

Well, that is a start. For more suggestions, I can telegram ideas for interactions if you'd like.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 am

Final guy for the minute. A slight change from what I previously said to you on Discord, Imp, but that's mostly because I couldn't think of a good backstory (and what I kept thinking of was either a bit too OP or would probably push it past the PG-13 rating). Once again, any issues or problems or anything like that, please let me know so I can go back and either fix them or add something in.

Name: Ágúst Daviðsson
Grade: 12th
Birthday: 10/05/2000 (or 05/10/2000 if you use MM/DD/YYYY)
Hometown: Reykjavík, Iceland (although he was born in Keflavík, he considers Reykjavík to be his hometown as he spent most of his time growing up there)
Appearance: Image
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'11.5, 163 lbs, slim.
Personality: He's pretty much laid-back, easy-going and incredibly chill. Incredibly hard to anger and even then in the rare event he does get mad he's still tranquil about it. However, there is a bit of naivety when it comes to American culture; not necessarily blindly following people or being literal anything like that but not really understanding things that are going on.
Sexual Orientation: He's willing to experiment; flirting, hugging and to an extent kissing are all alright but that's about as far as he'll go. So, for simple's sake, I'm going to say he's a very light 1.
Moral Alignment: True neutral.
Skills: He's basically a good artist and can churn out some incredibly detailed, especially when it comes to fantasy or psychadelia; however, this is somewhat balanced by any real life drawings coming across as slightly cartoony.
Biography: Ágúst Daviðsson was born in Keflavík, the only child of Petty Officer Davið Hauksson of the Icelandic Coast Guard and stay-at-home mum Anna Kjartansdóttir. When he was young, his parents ended up getting a divorce due to irreconcilable differences and he moved to the capital Reykjavík with his mother to be with her new boyfriend (who'd end up being Ágúst's stepfather) Benedikt Ragnarsson, although he'd still visit his dad during the Christmas and Summer breaks. Growing up with two older step-siblings (step-brother Stefán and step-sister Katrín), as well as his younger half-brother Óskar, Ágúst mostly spent his free time doing things by himself like drawing (see next paragraph) or with his friends. It was with them that he got into things like fantasy, metal and even a few comic books that helped shaped his style. Granted he also got into a certain plant when he was 15 but fortunately he doesn't use it a whole lot, just every now and then.

He showed an interest in drawing at a very young age, where he spent most of his early years doodling his own pictures. Even when he made it into school, he'd usually end up using any free time he had drawing pictures. He did get into trouble a few times for drawing during class or for doodling on his workbooks. This was made somewhat slightly worse with artwork being confiscated by unimpressed teachers or destroyed by bullies. Fortunately, as he got older, he learned how to tone it down and learn when to stop. It probably helped that, around over the years, he managed to improve on his skills and develop his own style, mostly thanks to the interests he's gained over the years. He usually uploads his drawings onto various sites under the name Marijuanaut (taken from a line from the Sleep song Dopesmoker) and is hoping to get accepted into the Iceland University of the Arts.

At the end of Spring 2017 and with his permission, his mum and stepdad decided to put him on a foreign exchange deal, mostly because they thought that spending time in a different place would be good for his art, it would've been nice for him to meet new people and experience a different culture and because they figured it would be the best way to get his room to smell a bit different. Surprisingly to them, he chose Coastal Daytona Academy over in Daytona Beach, Florida, if only because he felt like going somewhere warm for a change; he also decided to stay in a dorm at the school instead of being taken in by a family since he figured it would be easier and more practical to live there rather than have someone make any changes. And now, 5,500+ miles away from home, he's hoping that he'll do fine and have fun on his year abroad.
RP Sample: Once again.
Other: The majority of Icelanders don't have surnames; instead it's the father's first name (or occasionally the mother's) followed by "-sson" if it's a boy or "-sdóttir" if it's a girl - for example, there's the Iceland goalkeeper Hannes, son of Halldór and the famous musician Björk, daughter of Guðmundur. That being said, feel free to have your guys think Daviðsson is his last name even though it technically isn't, mostly since I'm not sure if any of them are familiar with the whole Icelandic naming custom. He's also into rock and metal, although not the hardcore thrash stuff but rather the slower, bassier doom/stoner stuff. Apart from bacon, burgers and hot dogs (and sausages to an extent), he very rarely eats meat, although this isn't really a diet or a cultural thing but more of a habit of his. He's also fond of chocolate milk, with his favourite being Kókómjólk from his home country. And he usually credits himself as "August Davidson", mostly because it's a close enough translation of his name and just to prevent people from mispronouncing his name too many times.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am

Chewion wrote:What have I missed?

Here is the rundown:

Sydney Taylor, Suzzanah Waters, and Heather Waycliffe (a trio of freshmen) are off at the Daytona Boardwalk together, meandering around, and having fun while Sophia Taylor is sitting by herself, awaiting Eric Stevens, yet she can be interacted with if you wanted to utilize that opportunity to do so. Also in the IC-thread, Caroline Strickland and Madison Perkins are talking, both of whom are cheerleaders, which may present an opportunity for your own cheerleader character to join in, if you so wish to take it. Jackson Brady and Yusuf Erkan are also talking, and Korhal's character has made his entrance, to which I can elaborate further if those intrigue you.

In the Special-Events thread, linked at the top, is the beginning of the beach-side party at Madison's house. Aside from arrival of a few characters, nothing of note has occurred there yet.

In the Classroom-thread is an American History class for Juniors, with Mr. Orville being the teacher.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:24 am

Going to give my Co-OPs a little bit of time to look over the applications, being I am to depart for work in a few minutes, but I will look over the applications, and comment on then, in-full tonight, if I do not outright accept them.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:Name: Karl Wolff
Birthday: 01/01/2001
Hometown: Munich, Germany
Appearance:
Personality: A kleptomaniac with a hoarding problem. There are more than few times when items winded up missing after his visit on someone else’s property, only for either Sarkuz or Darjeeling to find said items in his possession. It is his largest problem, but with psychiatric help, he has been to stave off his disorder so far, preventing any incidents in the Coastal Daytona High School.

Despite his seemingly morbid affinity for taking items without consent, he is a softie. Sarkuz describes him as “that guy you will never stop getting annoyed at, but you can’t stop loving him either.” Karl is a true friend, fully capable of comforting others even if he himself has problems larger than the galaxy. He also had this strange habit of biting people he considers close on the shoulder non-painfully, usually to show affection.
Likes: Hoarding stuff, spaghetti, pizza, cheese, history, biting, anime, explosions.
Dislikes: Pineapple on pizza, butter, judgemental people, and spiders.
Sexual Orientation: A straightey
Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Skills: Hiding things in plain sight, taking things without anyone noticing, and suprisingly a master photographer.
Biography: Karl Wolf was the eldest child of two in a wealthy family in Germany. When he was ten, his psychiatric problem of kleptomania started to manifest. When his family visited the homes of other oligarchs, items would wind up missing. Thing such as gold coins,German marks, books, and even alarm clocks would disappear whenever he marked his presence. Finally, after three years of items being lost, his sister found a huge stash of supposedly stolen items under his bed. Needless to say, his parents were disheartened, but they instantly knew that something was wrong psychologically. After a quick trip to the psychiatrist, he was diagnosed with kleptomania, the impulse to steal items for no particular reason. He was immediately prescribed pharmaceutical treatments as well cognitive therapy. After a year, he seemed to be improving, but hell fell down when his sister was diagnosed with cancer. The family did everything in its power to cure her, but it was already an advanced stage three. She died.

As if things can’t get any worse, their wealth was declining. The business was failing, and only an offer from across the Atlantic ocean saved them from falling down the social ladder. An American corporation took note of the superb capabilities of Karl’s father, and invited him across the sea to be one of them. They were to be based on Coastal Daytona.

It was in Daytona that Karl met his friends, Darjeeling and Sarkuz. As Karl ate alone in a restaurant, Sarkuz would ask him if the seat adjacent to him was empty. He said yes, and soon enough an incoming Darjeeling asked the same thing. It was a yes again, and soon enough they were engaged in conversation and… became friends for all eternity.
RP Sample: You know meeee
Other: He has a hoarded collection of anime DVD’s in his closet. Whether or not they were simply taken is unknown.

Name: Darjeeling Veny
Sex: Female
Birthday: 03/18/2001
Hometown: Coastal Daytona itself
Appearance:
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'7, 90 lbs, slim
Personality: Darjeeling is really the strangest of the three friends. She is by all means a warfreak, and does not hesitate to pull the hairs out of anyone that dares threaten either Sarkuz or Karl. Of course, she does it with their help.

“Little Miss Darjeeling”, as she is often called, is also a nerd for military history. Give her the picture of a random WWII tank or warship and she can name it, alongside what is its specifications, such as weapons caliber and tonnage.

She is usually rambling about love life, which is ironic given that she never had any suitors, mostly because of her terrifying disposition. She likes to say things like, “There’s a higher chance that Earth will be eaten by black hole than me getting a boyfriend.”
Likes: Tanks, apples, pineapples, tomatoes, pizza, food in general
Dislikes: People that dare threaten her friends, people that get history facts wrong, Flat-Earthers, explosions
Sexual Orientation: She likes men but… she likes gay men most.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Skills: Memorization, word games, and cooking.
Biography: While Sarkuz and Karl both originate from the upper class, Darjeeling is the odd one out of them. She was the middle child in a middle class family in Coastal Daytona, and she wasn’t the kindest nor the most likeable. She was simply too terrifying of a girl back then, her tongue as sharp as swords and words like a litany of fury. No one thought that she’d ever have a love life, and it was true for the most part. Any potential suitors would be immediately driven away by her crazy attitude. She never really had friends that always stayed by her either. She hated that fact.

This would go on from eighth grade to the tenth, where she would meet the friends she would view as eternal brothers. Sarkuz and Karl were their names, and well… she sometimes thinks she likes one of them far more than a friend. But when questioned by others, she would answer, “Oh God, of course not!”

Only time will tell if her denial is true after all.
RP Sample: U know meh
Other: You wouldn’t want to screw with her.

Very coincidental of a background story, but Accepted.

Elejamie wrote:Final guy for the minute. A slight change from what I previously said to you on Discord, Imp, but that's mostly because I couldn't think of a good backstory (and what I kept thinking of was either a bit too OP or would probably push it past the PG-13 rating). Once again, any issues or problems or anything like that, please let me know so I can go back and either fix them or add something in.

Name: Ágúst Daviðsson
Grade: 12th
Birthday: 10/05/2000 (or 05/10/2000 if you use MM/DD/YYYY)
Hometown: Reykjavík, Iceland (although he was born in Keflavík, he considers Reykjavík to be his hometown as he spent most of his time growing up there)
Appearance:
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'11.5, 163 lbs, slim.
Personality: He's pretty much laid-back, easy-going and incredibly chill. Incredibly hard to anger and even then in the rare event he does get mad he's still tranquil about it. However, there is a bit of naivety when it comes to American culture; not necessarily blindly following people or being literal anything like that but not really understanding things that are going on.
Sexual Orientation: 0, although he's willing to experiment; flirting, hugging and to an extent kissing are all alright but that's about as far as he'll go.
Moral Alignment: True neutral.
Skills: He's basically a good artist and can churn out some incredibly detailed, especially when it comes to fantasy or psychadelia; however, this is somewhat balanced by any real life drawings coming across as slightly cartoony.
Biography: Ágúst Daviðsson was born in Keflavík, the only child of Petty Officer Davið Hauksson of the Icelandic Coast Guard and stay-at-home mum Anna Kjartansdóttir. When he was young, his parents ended up getting a divorce due to irreconcilable differences and he moved to the capital Reykjavík with his mother to be with her new boyfriend (who'd end up being Ágúst's stepfather) Benedikt, although he'd still visit his dad during the Christmas and Summer breaks. Growing up with two older step-siblings (step-brother Stefán and step-sister Katrín), as well as his younger half-brother Óskar, Ágúst mostly spent his free time doing things by himself like drawing (see next paragraph) or with his friends. It was with them that he got into things like fantasy, metal and even a few comic books that helped shaped his style. Granted he also got into a certain plant when he was 15 but fortunately he doesn't use it a whole lot, just every now and then.

He showed an interest in drawing at a very young age, where he spent most of his early years doodling his own pictures. Even when he made it into school, he'd usually end up using any free time he had drawing pictures. He did get into trouble a few times for drawing during class or for doodling on his workbooks. This was made somewhat slightly worse with artwork being confiscated by unimpressed teachers or destroyed by bullies. Fortunately, as he got older, he learned how to tone it down and learn when to stop. It probably helped that, around over the years, he managed to improve on his skills and develop his own style, mostly thanks to the interests he's gained over the years. He usually uploads his drawings onto various sites under the name Marijuanaut (taken from a line from the Sleep song Dopesmoker) and is hoping to get accepted into the Iceland University of the Arts.

At the end of Spring 2017 and with his permission, his mum and stepdad decided to put him on a foreign exchange deal, mostly because they thought that spending time in a different place would be good for his art, it would've been nice for him to meet new people and experience a different culture and because they figured it would be the best way to get his room to smell a bit different. Surprisingly to them, he chose Coastal Daytona Academy over in Daytona Beach, Florida, if only because he felt like going somewhere warm for a change; he also decided to stay in a dorm at the school instead of being taken in by a family since he figured it would be easier and more practical to live there rather than have someone make any changes. And now, 5,500+ miles away from home, he's hoping that he'll do fine and have fun on his year abroad.
RP Sample: Once again.
Other: The majority of Icelanders don't have surnames; instead it's the father's first name (or occasionally the mother's) followed by "-sson" if it's a boy or "-sdóttir" if it's a girl - for example, there's the Iceland goalkeeper Hannes, son of Halldór and the famous musician Björk, daughter of Guðmundur. That being said, feel free to have your guys think Daviðsson is his last name even though it technically isn't, mostly since I'm not sure if any of them are familiar with the whole Icelandic naming custom. He's also into rock and metal, although not the hardcore thrash stuff but rather the slower, bassier doom/stoner stuff. Apart from bacon, burgers and hot dogs (and sausages to an extent), he very rarely eats meat, although this isn't really a diet or a cultural thing but more of a habit of his. He's also fond of chocolate milk, with his favourite being Kókómjólk from his home country. And he usually credits himself as "August Davidson", mostly because it's a close enough translation of his name and just to prevent people from mispronouncing his name too many times.

Accepted.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse