NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Dayganistan wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I leave that choice up to you, my friend.

You can have them dorming on-campus, or merely a day-student.

I think, in your circumstance, it would make sense for your character to be the former.

Alright, you're free to assign her to a room.

Added to the list.

I believe it is up-to-date, everyone, but please inform me otherwise if it is not.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Eeri
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:01 am

Uugh computer problems continue to plague me so I've been absent for about a week! Sorry all.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am

Eeri wrote:Uugh computer problems continue to plague me so I've been absent for about a week! Sorry all.

I was previously computer-less for, about, a week or two awhile back. I completely understand the struggle. :(

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 pm

I, too, have been absent. But for me it's because of moving to a new job and whatnot taking up my energy and brainpower
Times are looking grim these days~

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Terintania wrote:I, too, have been absent. But for me it's because of moving to a new job and whatnot taking up my energy and brainpower

Certainly quite understandable, and I wish you all the best regarding it.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 pm

I am intending to get off a post, first thing tomorrow morning.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am

We will begin the first part of the school-wide assembly promptly, likely Thursday, but by no means will it be considered a "cut-off" point for those wishing to get posts off, and have yet to do so.

Presuming you are one of those who fails to get a post off before then, you are welcome to make a post with the presumption of a previous entrance at the appropriate time, and to participate in the event as you please.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 pm

So is it still just people showing up to the assembly and chatting?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Terintania wrote:So is it still just people showing up to the assembly and chatting?

For now, yes.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:38 am

Name: Blaize Caverly
Sex: Male
Grade: 10th(Due to missed years they are older than other people in their grade)
Role: Student
Birthday: 1/22/2000
Hometown: London, England.
Appearance:
Image]ImageImage

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'0", 140 lbs, average build. Basically, not too slim, not too bulky.
Personality: Blaize is generally pretty laid back, and will often observe people rather than engaging in conversation. However, when they do enter a conversation, they become outgoing and can be kind of loud. They have little to no filter, and will say what's on their mind, and can come across as rude. However, if they realize that the words were hurtful to someone in the immediate area, they will apologize. Unless they feel as though the hurt person deserved it. In that situation, they'd more likely just rub it in. Will gladly use information gained while observing against people to get what they want, if they don't like the person the information is being used against. While Blaize will happily pick a fight with words, they are a pacifist when it comes to actual physical fighting, and will back down or stay out of it if things start to escalate toward violence. Basically the only thing that could make them even consider fighting would be to defend someone they care heavily about, but even then they'd be more likely to find a way to avoid fighting, unless it was the only way to keep the other person safe. When it comes to friends, Blaize will do whatever they can to make their friends happy. While they'll often playfully tease said friends, it's all in good fun and never meant to upset anyone. In the case that a friend does become upset, they will go to possibly extreme measures to make up for it.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Skills:
-Singing
-Guitar
-Piano
-FX makeup
-Sewing
-Drawing skills
Biography: Blaize was the kind of kid who got sick constantly, having a weak immune system. Mostly just colds, but occasionally they caught things that would land them in the hospital. It was the latter sicknesses that began to cause problems within the family. Their mother was an aspiring artist, not really making much money aside from a couple of commissions here and there. Their father worked in a hardware store, making little over minimum wage. So the medical bills were hard on the family, and while their mother handled the stress alright, their father did not. He became more and more stressed, which he handled by becoming angrier and angrier, blaming Blaize's mother for not bothering to find a better job and things such as that. As they got older, they started getting sick less often, but their father continued in his downward spiral. When Blaize started down their path of self-discovery, it only angered their apparently narrow-minded father more. Their mother, on the other hand, was fully supportive.They were just Blaize, and that was all that mattered. It was around when they were 14 that things got to their worst. While their father had been verbally abusing both them and their mother, it got to the point where one day, he attacked their mother, having just kind of snapped during an argument about how she 'wasn't contributing'. Alcohol played a part, too, as it was the first time he'd gotten drunk in a long time. While attempting to defend their mom, Blaize ended up nearly killing their father. Mostly it was in defense of their mother, but part of it was in anger that had built up over the years. After a lengthy trail, Blaize managed to avoid a sentence due to the self-defense nature of the case. It was after this event that Blaize choose to never physically fight anyone, due to the guilt they felt over nearly killing their own father, even if it had been self defense. After the trail, they and their mom soon lost the house, unable to continue paying for it on their mother's commissions alone, and they ended up on the street. While their mom would paint and do art for money, Blaize turned to music, playing on the streets and using what money they earned for food and art supplies for their mom. They lived this way for 3 years, before their mom finally managed to get ahold of her mother, who lived in Florida. The grandmother agreed to fly Blaize to america and allow them to live with her. Blaize was reluctant at first, unwilling to leave their mom behind, but they also understood that she'd be better able to take care of herself without worrying about them, as well. So they went, arriving in America in early July. Soon, they were set to go to high school in Daytona.
RP Sample: You know meh
Other: Has an Londoner accent. Also has asthma that occasionally flares up.
Last edited by Terintania on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Application reviews coming soon, but I wanted to take this time to say that we'll delay the planned start of the assembly for another day, per requests made by a couple of players.

Not that it would make much of a difference, either way, as discussed in our Discord server, but it does give you guys some more time to fit something in without having to account for the start of the event itself.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Appears we have a three-way tie in the poll, as of this moment. Intriguing. :)

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Amusing that Ryan Weber appears to think he and Madison are officially in a long-term relationship, when the latter is perceiving things at least slightly differently.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Amusing that Ryan Weber appears to think he and Madison are officially in a long-term relationship, when the latter is perceiving things at least slightly differently.

Of course. :)
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Heading off for the night. I think we're still expecting at least one more entrance to be made either tonight or tomorrow, but I shall advance things for the assembly sometime tomorrow, likely in the evening, no matter what.

That being said, anyone else who has not done so, and does not post their entrance into the gymnasium prior to the first half of the assembly, may still post with the presumption that they had been seated, and present, from the start.

Word-of-advice: an ill-advised course of action would be to have them frantically barge in, or sneak-in, as the event begins. Though, admittedly, it will likely lead to amusement for the rest of us, take from that what you will.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Name: Gregory Orville
Sex: Male
Grade: teacher
Role: History teacher
Birthday: 27th of February 1976
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
Appearance:Image
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'1, 180 lbs, buff
Personality: He's an introvert that prefers reading to society. Heavy smoker- outside of school premises, he's rarely seen without his pipe. With students he's known as interesting, but strict teacher. He's a huge history nerd, which can be somewhat tedious if students aren't interested in the subject. He also loves baseball and often goes on games of the school team.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Skills: History, Teaching, storytelling
Biography: Born in Boston to parents that were comfortable middle class and went to University of Boston to study American History and Anthropology. He started out as Anthropologist, doing field work with Native Americans in Oregon and Washington. After publishing his work in several academic journals he decided to return to the East Coast. After doing several teaching jobs in Boston, Richmond and Fayeteville, he settled down in Daytona. He's teaching History there for three years now. He's unmarried, with no children.
RP Sample:You know me from Washington RP.
Other: He has a passion for urban legends and likes narrating them in class. mentioning one is sure way to derail a potentially boring lecture.
Last edited by The Free Territory of Makhnovia on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Great to have you onboard with us! :)

I'm going to ask my Co-OPs for their thoughts on all the more recent applications, and I will post an official review either tonight or tomorrow. Personal preference when dealing with these things, more so than procedural.

I've been neglecting to do just that for some time, unfortunately, mostly due to circumstances outside of NationStates - yet I intend, and hope, to finally get this out promptly.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Gregory Orville is...
Accepted.

Blaize Caverly is...
Pending.

Nothing is inherently wrong, but I'd rather avoid the trend of having multiple characters having so many particular "skills." If possible, I'd like for that to be trimmed for your second character. Whereas the story is a dark one for this character, it is acceptable. You might want to edit the "he" and "his" as well, in the grade section of the application.

All two of them.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Gregory Orville is...
Accepted.

Blaize Caverly is...
Pending.

Nothing is inherently wrong, but I'd rather avoid the trend of having multiple characters having so many particular "skills." If possible, I'd like for that to be trimmed for your second character. Whereas the story is a dark one for this character, it is acceptable. You might want to edit the "he" and "his" as well, in the grade section of the application.

Is anything happening in the IC that the teacher can take part in atm?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:53 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Gregory Orville is...
Accepted.

Blaize Caverly is...
Pending.

We are currently initiating the assembly, which I am posting in stages with a window of several days between them to allow IC-interaction, and reactions, between characters. You are certainly welcome to have him partake in them.

I am also going to start up a classroom scene in the classroom thread, which I was going to assume the role of an NPC - but your character may certainly be the teacher of if you so desire, to run concurrently with other IC-happenings for the week/weekend once we are finished with this particular setting.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:56 pm

We are currently initiating the assembly, which I am posting in stages with a window of several days between them to allow IC-interaction, and reactions, between characters. You are certainly welcome to have him partake in them.

I am also going to start up a classroom scene in the classroom thread, which I was going to assume the role of an NPC - but your character may certainly be the teacher of if you so desire, to run concurrently with other IC-happenings for the week/weekend once we are finished with this particular setting.

What kind of assembly is it? Is attendance of faculty required? Also, I'd like to have a scene in classroom thread, you just have to tell me which course and class it will be so that I can choose appropriate lesson.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:We are currently initiating the assembly, which I am posting in stages with a window of several days between them to allow IC-interaction, and reactions, between characters. You are certainly welcome to have him partake in them.

What kind of assembly is it? Is attendance of faculty required? Also, I'd like to have a scene in classroom thread, you just have to tell me which course and class it will be so that I can choose appropriate lesson.

School-wide, and all students and faculty alike are required to attend, so yes.

As for the lesson itself, what would you be most-comfortable with? And do you have a particular grade in mind?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:06 pm

School-wide, and all students and faculty alike are required to attend, so yes.

As for the lesson itself, what would you be most-comfortable with? And do you have a particular grade in mind?

OOCly I am American history MA, with PhD in 19th century medical history just being written. :) :) :) Any grade works for me really and anything from US history would have been easy topic to prepare.
Last edited by The Free Territory of Makhnovia on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:School-wide, and all students and faculty alike are required to attend, so yes.

OOCly I am American history major, with PhD in 19th century medical history just being written. :) :) :) Any grade works for me really and anything from US history would have been easy topic to prepare.

American History, I believe, is generally Junior-year level material, if my own high school experiences are anything to go by. Coincidentally, we have a good number of juniors too, which would make sense RP-wise.

Before giving you the green light on this, I'd like to confirm some things first. However, I do not see an issue with this at the moment.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:11 pm

OOCly I am American history major, with PhD in 19th century medical history just being written. :) :) :) Any grade works for me really and anything from US history would have been easy topic to prepare.

American History, I believe, is generally Junior-year level material, if my own high school experiences are anything to go by. Coincidentally, we have a good number of juniors too, which would make sense RP-wise.

Before giving you the green light on this, I'd like to confirm some things first. However, I do not see an issue with this at the moment.

What would you like to confirm?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse