NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School RP [IC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

"It's better than where I came from." he joked. "There's a lot more to look at though, definitely. Amenities galore, there is almost never a lack of something to do that you haven't done before. The people are nice enough, its a welcoming community and I've enjoyed my stay so far." he said simply. "But they can't really drive and sometimes it gets a bit hot." he added, smiling widely. He was thus far enjoying the conversation, however mundane it had been. Normally he wouldn't be cracking this many jokes, but something was different about this boy. Maybe he was making a friend. He'd have to see. Whatever the case, he was going to get to know the person in front of him much better in the days to come, what with them rooming together and all.

Yusuf Erkan

Yusuf smiled in understanding at Jackson's comment regarding the reckless driving habits of the local population. There were more than a few who were questionable, then again Yusuf wasn't a big fan of cars in general so traffic was always going to be an issue no matter where it was. "Heat's not necessarily a bad thing you know,", Yusuf commented having had too much rain and clouds in his life to complain. He was taken aback by how he was managing so easily to hold a conversation to this guy he met less than three minutes ago without being completely awkward or worse, silent,. The thought then occurred to him that the other must have been going somewhere when he bumped into him. "So...were you heading anywhere when I appeared or were you, like me, simply aimlessly wandering the quieter corridors?" Yusuf inquired, trying not to sound intrusive, and hoping that he wasn't holding Jackson up in any way.

Jackson Brady

"Oh, I was just checking in to see if one of my teachers had popped into his class yet." he explained. "I'm glad I bumped into you though, best to make sure I've got a compatible roommate before I start, you know, living with them. I don't think we're gonna have any problems." he clarified, suddenly hoping that he hadn't sounded off-putting with the prior statement. With a fear that the conversation may turn awkward, Jackson felt like he should make a jump he hadn't with his first roommate.

"If you want you can wander with me down to the dorm though, I need to hang this up anyways." he said in moderate fashion, raising the tightly rolled poster up as he spoke and waving it around a bit. "And get some of this stuff unloaded from my bag."
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 pm

AHSCA wrote:
Terintania wrote:"It really is. I don't read like, a LOT, but I'll sometimes read when I can't sleep. Takes me forever to finish a book, though. I don't really have the attention span to focus on one for a long periods at a time," Asher said, taking another big drink of his hot chocolate and rolling his feet back and forth against the floor.

"Aha I can relates sometimes. Well I think it's not how much your read as much as what you get out of reading! That's how I look at it"

"That's a good way to look at it," Asher replied with a grin. It was certainly better to see it that way than to consider any amount of reading as superior, or anything such as that. "What's your favorite book?" He asked curiously.
Times are looking grim these days~

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:41 am

Larry Colbourne

Larry nodded absentmindedly as Danny explained the situation, taking in everything he said despite blank and unregistered expression in his face and eye. Although he had a strong suspicion that there was a lot more to be moved than just a desk. People had a tendency to under-exaggerate how difficult a task was to get people to do it. It was probably quite a few desks, among other things. With a final, more vigorous snap of his head, he barked out: "Alright then, let's do it.", before turning back to the little powwow that had just been assembled, starting with Fang.

"Well, yeah, that's the parking situation, nice meeting you...Fang. Good luck." he added abruptly at the end for no apparent reason, before addressing the other two. "Um...I guess I'll see you two around then? Yeah, uh, ok then." he uttered out, before jogging off in Danny's direction, to move a few desks (among other things), and hopefully get his own dorm set up. It would be quite the exhausting day, but he had had a bit too many already to count.
yea bro idk

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013

Postby Kwadai » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

Yusuf smiled in understanding at Jackson's comment regarding the reckless driving habits of the local population. There were more than a few who were questionable, then again Yusuf wasn't a big fan of cars in general so traffic was always going to be an issue no matter where it was. "Heat's not necessarily a bad thing you know,", Yusuf commented having had too much rain and clouds in his life to complain. He was taken aback by how he was managing so easily to hold a conversation to this guy he met less than three minutes ago without being completely awkward or worse, silent,. The thought then occurred to him that the other must have been going somewhere when he bumped into him. "So...were you heading anywhere when I appeared or were you, like me, simply aimlessly wandering the quieter corridors?" Yusuf inquired, trying not to sound intrusive, and hoping that he wasn't holding Jackson up in any way.

Jackson Brady

"Oh, I was just checking in to see if one of my teachers had popped into his class yet." he explained. "I'm glad I bumped into you though, best to make sure I've got a compatible roommate before I start, you know, living with them. I don't think we're gonna have any problems." he clarified, suddenly hoping that he hadn't sounded off-putting with the prior statement. With a fear that the conversation may turn awkward, Jackson felt like he should make a jump he hadn't with his first roommate.

"If you want you can wander with me down to the dorm though, I need to hang this up anyways." he said in moderate fashion, raising the tightly rolled poster up as he spoke and waving it around a bit. "And get some of this stuff unloaded from my bag."

Yusuf Erkan

Yusuf smirked when Jackson stated how he had been hoping for a tolerable or friendly roommate with whom to share his dorm, echoing much of his own thought process that morning. "I'm the same, although I have to mention, I've never actually lived on campus like this before, my previous school never had those options," he mentioned. "No, I don't believe we will either." First impressions were always important, and Yusuf had been given no reason to feel apprehensive. Jackson was nice to talk to, possibly even friend material. His eyes brightened when the other boy asked if he would like to accompany him to the dorms. "I've nothing else planned, so sure, why not", Yusuf replied, turning around to walk back the way he came. "I've been already, but it was darker and I just left off my bags inside so I haven't actually unpacked or seen it properly yet", he continued. "Not to be prying, but are you an artist or something?", he asked, taking note of the rolled poster Jackson was holding. He didn't know why artist was the first possibility that came into his head, but it wasn't the most far fetched guess he could have came up with.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Coastal Daytona Academy Gymnasium

Wednesday, August 16th, 2017
09:23
(AM)

Glancing at his Swarovski 'Atlantis' wrist watch, a rather expensive gift from Principal Smith ahead of his 25th year of his illustrious coaching career at Coastal Daytona Academy, Carl Taylor sat alone on one of the bleachers, enjoying a moment of solitude prior to the madness that would ensue as homeroom would be called for, and day-students and boarding students alike would make their way into the equally-impressive structure as any other that was built during the school's extensive building of its' new, and current, campus in 2011. Coach Carl sat alone, stroking his recently-shaved face, and folded his hands while watching one of the school's groundskeepers walk around to ensure all the trash bags had been switched out prior to the scheduled assembly. Carl enjoyed the peace that such a moment alone had brought, and eyed over the banners that hung all over the gym - listing the athletic accomplishments of all the various teams since the school's inception in 1962.

"Please, just one more." Carl thought to himself, thinking back to all the memorable years he had. Some of the teams stood out to him more than others, such as the 2011, 2012, 2013 'three-peaters' when they made appearances to the state championship in three consecutive seasons, winning two of them, or the first time he brought them to the playoffs in 1995, or the first time he won a state championship in '98. The more he dwelled on such things, the more humbled he felt in the grand scheme of things. Twenty four years, now working on twenty five, and it felt as though he retired from professional football yesterday. Now? His son is a senior. Each one of his guys has a special story, an incredible one to tell, and he has always felt a tremendous sense of pride in each and every one of them. To Coach Carl, they were all "his boys." In the midst of his nostalgic mood, Carl couldn't help but to feel that this year's team was just as special as any other he's had the pleasure to coach over the years. Perhaps it would lead to a similarly memorable outcome, one on par to some of the others throughout his years.

The door would open, from the gymnasium's lobby to the court, as he remained in deep-thought, though Coach Carl wouldn't bother to look. "Ya know, if I could afford buying doughnuts for every one of these kids, I might actually consider doing it. Might actually make these sort of things peaceful for once!" Carl shot a look over, from his hunched position on a nearby bleacher, to see Principal Smith walk toward him with a grin. Carl nodded his head, chuckled, and extended out a hand once the Principal stopped a couple of feet away from him. "Trust me, it's not so simple." Carl remarked, looking back out toward the court while Pat took his seat next to him. "Yeah, I know." Pat remarked nonchalantly. "You do a great job with those guys, as you always do, Carl." The coach grinned, allowing his friend's words to sit and process for a moment. "You do know that I'm just a coach, not a professional speaker, right?" "You're a motivator. All the same. C'mon, you'll be fine." Pat remarked, giving Carl a friendly pat on the back from the side, the latter of who simply shrugged his shoulder and kept his eyes fixed on the shiny-wooden floor in front of them. "I'm fine. I just wouldn't expect much, is all I am getting after." Carl said, glancing one more time down at his watch, and then looked over toward Principal Smith. "So, it's about that time right?" Pat's grin eased up as he nodded his head in concurrence, then got up, patted the coach's shoulder, and started to walk back toward his office to begin the process of calling everyone over to the gymnasium over the school's intercom system.

9:30. It begins.

Starting with the seniors, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and finally ending with freshmen, the student body of Coastal Daytona Academy would make their way into the gym, seated with their grade-level classmates, though more or less given the option to sit with whoever they please otherwise. Faculty patrol and are stationed around the interior, meanwhile, to help keep things orderly, yet many converse with students, both new and returning alike. A few speeches would be given, as is the usual case for the annual welcome-back-to-school spiel, followed by a routine performed by CDA's cheerleaders (giving the students something in the form of a break from the monotonous, boring, yet obligatory lectures by the school administrators, sprinkled in with an occasional word of hope and optimism for the academic year), and ending with the motivational speech given by Coach Carl, something that was suddenly added to the itinerary rather late just a week ago.

As the students arrive, taking their seats on the gym's pull-out bleachers, Principal Smith and Coach Carl also meander around, saying hello and chatting up various students, for a few lingering moments before things officially kick-off for the event...
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 am

Kevin Robinson

Kevin gave a look of sympathy saying "Yeah man, I can imagine. DFW is different than......well, this" he said, sort of gesturing to the outside of their Psuedo-Miami town they found themselves in. "What is this, the south, or California? Sometimes I can't tell when we're here. Anywho, I hope you and Jessica get adjusted." Chuckling a bit, he added "It's a hell of a thing for us to see each other again in some town in Florida." A smirk slid on his face, continuing to say "Also, as far as that swing-" Kevin making a mock swing with an air bat "it's doing better. Coach Johnson might have been on my ass, but I've been doing better. Summer practice, and time at the batting cages does you good." Rolling his shoulders back, stretching his right arm he asked "What about you? You excited to play for this new school, yeah? I reckon it's going to be good."

Kevin offhandedly looked at his watch, before saying "Shit. We need to get to the assembly, yeah? It's about to start, we should get going. If we see her, I'll introduce you to my lovely sister. I wonder what they have in store here, I know they went over the top at my old school. But, hey, what are you going to do? Cheerleaders, peppy speeches, and all that. We're getting dragged into these kind of things as baseball players when it's our season, yea?" He begin to walk towards the Assembly area, motioning for Joseph to follow suite.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Sophia Taylor

Following a brief homeroom period, of which lasted no more than twenty minutes - intended for the students to meet and greet with each other and a teacher of theirs, came the time for school assembly. Veterans of the annual event describe it as obligatory attendance, yet also an excellent time for a nap. Sophia didn't speak much during the homeroom period, as she simply went through the motions of roll-call, and kept to herself throughout the rest of the homeroom period - doodling and drawing around in her notebook when most of the other students sat next to each other and caught up after a summer's break kept them apart. Not knowing anyone, save for the football players and her new roommate, forced her to keep to her own devices for the time being, something Sophia did not mind. Alas, however, the intercom cackled to life, and called everyone to the gymnasium in stages.

The seniors were the first to go, yet the juniors were right behind them in a fitting scene of symbolism, relative to their position in the student body hierarchy. Sophomores, followed by freshman. Yet, Sophia was already in the gym by the time the latter two were called for, and the scene was rather... lively. Despite it not being a pep rally, there was a plethora of signs and banners hanging throughout the gym. Cheerleaders in the uniforms, speakers throughout the gym playing vibrant music, and the student body gathering together in the bleachers make things appear as though they are present for a basketball game. Coastal Daytona Academy certainly seemed to pull out every little thing they could in order to make the first day seem to be a festive one. Sophia quietly, mixed in with the other juniors of her class, made her way to her section, and stopped to begin examining her surroundings to see if Eric had already arrived. Good luck with trying to find Audrey either, so many new faces - and Sophia had no idea how to even contact her. The trio planned to sit together for the occasion, but amusingly, didn't seem to account for the fact that homeroom would split each of them up.

Sophia sighed, her head swooping down in disappointment at the lack of foresight she had, and slowly tread up the stairs toward a rather bare section of the bleachers, situated close to the top of the junior student section - quietly awaiting the arrival of Eric Stevens and Audrey Harte, though also looking around to wave at an occasional football player she had recognized from over the summer and making occasional small-talk with the others around her in the meantime.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Sydney Taylor

All the upperclassmen going first, and the sophomores being ahead of the freshmen, meant that Sydney had a lot of time on her hands. Fortunately for her, Sydney had prudently wandered around campus, following an all-too brief stint in her dorm to get things situated there, and eventually checked out the library and had gotten a book to entertain herself while she was in homeroom.

Sydney fell in love with the massive collection of literary artistry that was before her, and it would be there that Sydney spent the rest of the time she had prior to homeroom. Sydney wouldn't take too long picking out a book, and she certainly did not delay in enjoying it either. Fortunately, the library was one of those locations on-campus that was largely abandoned by her fellow-students, allowing her a serene environment. Although, unfortunately, that time spent in her quiet intellectual haven would come to an end. Sydney checked out the book, and brought it with her to homeroom where she started to read some more. Sydney was practically silent the entire time, buried in the text, looking up only a handful of times throughout the duration of the homeroom period. The young girl sighed, however, once it was time for them all to get moving. Sydney was completely silent during the trek over to the gymnasium, listening in to the complaints and the discussions occurring around her, and found some amusement in the immaturity from a few of the students that was accompanying her.

As Sydney took her seat, in the freshmen section, she found herself being seated next to a somewhat familiar face, a girl who was in her own homeroom, despite the madness that ensued once they made it into the gym. After a bit of an awkward silence from Sydney, she eventually took the initiative to say hello to the girl. Sydney offered her a slight half-smile, and extended out her hand toward her. "Hey." Sydney said, rather simply, giving it a second before saying anything more. "I, um. I'm... Sydney."

Sydney was working hard in attempting to conceal the embarrassment she had felt, almost immediately, from seeming as if she had trouble recalling even her own name. 'First, looking like an idiot by bumping into that guy in the lobby, now this?'
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Phoenix2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Segral wrote:Larry Colbourne

Larry nodded absentmindedly as Danny explained the situation, taking in everything he said despite blank and unregistered expression in his face and eye. Although he had a strong suspicion that there was a lot more to be moved than just a desk. People had a tendency to under-exaggerate how difficult a task was to get people to do it. It was probably quite a few desks, among other things. With a final, more vigorous snap of his head, he barked out: "Alright then, let's do it.", before turning back to the little powwow that had just been assembled, starting with Fang.

"Well, yeah, that's the parking situation, nice meeting you...Fang. Good luck." he added abruptly at the end for no apparent reason, before addressing the other two. "Um...I guess I'll see you two around then? Yeah, uh, ok then." he uttered out, before jogging off in Danny's direction, to move a few desks (among other things), and hopefully get his own dorm set up. It would be quite the exhausting day, but he had had a bit too many already to count.

Fang did his best to avoid making an awkward situation less awkward. "Umm yeah, thanks." he said as Larry ran off to do his thing. What a wonderful start to the year, he thought as he parked the car a good distance away from the entrance to take advantage of the fairly mild weather. Grabbing his backpack from the trunk before locking the car, he made his way inside with no haste. Truth be told, he didn't really want to be here, and he certainly didn't care about or for anything about the school. He milled around, not really taking the effort to talk to anyone but instead taking in the sights. Tile floor, florescent lighting, and rows of lockers greeted him. He sighed, looking resigned as he mulled over his fate. Two year here....and then what?. At that moment, the bells rang, and he, along with the rest of the school slowly filed into the gym. Following the others and working his way up the creaky bleachers, he found himself seating near the top and back, surrounded by strangers.

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 am

Daytona Beach, Florida
Coastal Daytona Academy
Gymnasium
Wednesday
16 August

Suzannah made it through the first homeroom class all right but is surprised to hear that they are not going to their first class now but have a school assembly instead. It makes sense that the first day is like this but all she had on her was the schedule for classes and her nerves pick up a little with the change. As a freshman her group is the last to be called and she puts her backpack back on and goes along with the wave of students all walking towards the gym.

The energy is very high once she arrives with color and energetic people and music, and Suzannah scurries off to find a more isolated spot on the bleachers to sit down.
Last edited by Tumblrena on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Sophia Taylor

Sophia listened intently to a pair of fellow female students who sat a couple rows ahead of her, who were at least initially friendly and welcoming toward her after a brief introduction, though the pair were close friends and naturally just started to converse with each other - effectively cutting her out of the conversation altogether. Awkward. While certainly not for a lack of trying otherwise, Sophia found herself mostly being shut out and excluded from most of the students around her up until this point. Bit of a bummer when you want to talk to someone, perhaps even make a new friend, though fortunately it was still early and only about an hour or so into the first day, and her limited interactions with her roommate, Audrey Harte, seemed promising initially - though she certainly appeared to be the blunt, emotional equivalent to a "bull in a china shop."

Moments later, as Sophia was contemplating in her solitude, a boy (Fang) had sat down not too far from where she was seated. Silently and alone, just as she was, which prompted her to consider talking to the Chinese junior. She discreetly watched him for a few seconds, unsure if either he didn't want to talk to anyone - or just didn't have someone to talk to. The more she dwelled on the subject, the more guilty she felt about not taking the initiative and just being a welcoming, accommodating person. Clearly, she wasn't aware in the slightest bit of the poor boy's unpleasant occurrence just outside in the school parking lot with Larry.

Sophia took a second or two longer, then slowly got up to step down a few steps to sit next to him - though giving Fang a few feet of personal space. "Hey." Sophia said, simply. "I was just feeling lonely up there." She added, feeling a vibration from her pocket, due to a received text message, yet ignoring it as she looked toward Fang. "I hope you don't mind." Sophia glimpsed over toward the court, once she was finished, then toward the entrance as she awaited her companions, then back toward Fang in-time for his response.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Sydney Taylor

All the upperclassmen going first, and the sophomores being ahead of the freshmen, meant that Sydney had a lot of time on her hands. Fortunately for her, Sydney had prudently wandered around campus, following an all-too brief stint in her dorm to get things situated there, and eventually checked out the library and had gotten a book to entertain herself while she was in homeroom.

Sydney fell in love with the massive collection of literary artistry that was before her, and it would be there that Sydney spent the rest of the time she had prior to homeroom. Sydney wouldn't take too long picking out a book, and she certainly did not delay in enjoying it either. Fortunately, the library was one of those locations on-campus that was largely abandoned by her fellow-students, allowing her a serene environment. Although, unfortunately, that time spent in her quiet intellectual haven would come to an end. Sydney checked out the book, and brought it with her to homeroom where she started to read some more. Sydney was practically silent the entire time, buried in the text, looking up only a handful of times throughout the duration of the homeroom period. The young girl sighed, however, once it was time for them all to get moving. Sydney was completely silent during the trek over to the gymnasium, listening in to the complaints and the discussions occurring around her, and found some amusement in the immaturity from a few of the students that was accompanying her.

As Sydney took her seat, in the freshmen section, she found herself being seated next to a somewhat familiar face, a girl who was in her own homeroom, despite the madness that ensued once they made it into the gym. After a bit of an awkward silence from Sydney, she eventually took the initiative to say hello to the girl. Sydney offered her a slight half-smile, and extended out her hand toward her. "Hey." Sydney said, rather simply, giving it a second before saying anything more. "I, um. I'm... Sydney."

Sydney was working hard in attempting to conceal the embarrassment she had felt, almost immediately, from seeming as if she had trouble recalling even her own name. 'First, looking like an idiot by bumping into that guy in the lobby, now this?'

มงกุฏ“ลูอัน”ลองทำงานให้ดีขึ้น
สถาบันเดย์โทนาชายฝั่ง; โรงยิม

Talking with Laogong and Laopo, and then Yeye and Nainai was nice, but it unfortunately had to come to an end. It was time to head to homeroom. Luann had been able to drop her belongings in her dorm room, which seemed at the time to lack anyone else, and then headed off to the room in which she was supposed to be. Had she not had a rough idea of the campus layout from having gone to work with her mother on more than a few occasions, she might not have made it there. There wasn’t much to do there, although it was a decent opportunity to scope out potential friends and people that would likely be anything but.

The gym was crowded, as was the walk there. Too many people in close quarters, although Luann did shake off the notion as she remembered the crowded and muggy streets of Bangkok from the summer. So this was perhaps a bit better, if not by a large margin. When she sat down, all she could really do was fidget, and hope she blended in as well as she could with the rest of the female student body. Then the girl next to her spoke. Luann snapped back into her surroundings with a small but noticeable jerk, and turned to see the girl’s outstretched hand.

“Oh, สวั—uh, hi,” she replied, gingerly shaking Sydney’s hand, “My name’s Luann. We, ah, share homeroom, right?”
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 am

Victoria Robinson

Victoria departed from her brother, then something dawned on her. As she was maneuvering through the hallways, she felt small in comparison to all the tall as hell boys in the school. The girls too if we were being honest, and she felt surrounded in the sea of strangers. Almost pulled left and right, not sure where she was going. "Fuck" she muttered under her breath, beginning to fight her way through the hordes of students. She knew she was supposed to go to the assembly, but.........where the hell was the assembly? Frowning, she thought 'I should have stuck with Kevin.......I'll be damned if I'm late.' She then just began following the crowd, her being pushed and shoved against other people's backs and fronts. A few shoves, and her feeling somebody intentionally or not touch her ass later, she arrived to the Gymnasium. Lot different from the assembly area from the high school back home. When she joined Kevin for his Freshman introduction for his school, it was quite interesting to say the least. That all being said, it was exciting.

She of course had no friends at this school.........not yet at least, and she didn't see her brother anywhere. 'Dammit Kevin, where are you? I need you for the first day.' Tragic as it was, she found herself looking for a seat. She decided to go to the Junior section, considering that's probably where Kevin will head when he got there. That's what she reasoned at least. She once more pushed her way through the sea of now increasingly Junior, who she got some rebuking looks from. She was technically a sophmore, but most people would see her as a Freshman. Young looking, small, and confused on the first day. Not an illogical conclusion to draw.

She found herself near the top of the bleachers in the Junior section, not too far from these other two students. They seemed to be talking, but Victoria could do nothing but look down and sigh. She looked over to the entrance, monitoring it for Kevin, or anyone she might recognize. It was a weird, and slightly lonely start of her high school career. But she planned to change that, she just needed to attend her first class.............fun.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 am

Sydney Taylor

Sydney paused for a moment, contemplatively, as if that were even necessary - considering it to be nearly impossible for them to have seen each other prior any other way. "I, believe so?" Sydney responded, albeit questioningly, and squinting her eyes to focus on Luann a tad bit in an attempt to ascertain if, in fact, that were the case. The more she observed the young Thai, however, the more it became clear to her that it was the case.

As Sydney retracted her hand, following the brief shake between the two girls, Sydney glanced over to see another (Suzannah) take her seat further down the row-of-seats on the opposite side, and then looked back toward Luann, giving the foreign-exchange student her focus and attention for the time being.

"Sorry, but could you remind me of your name again?" Sydney inquired, shifting a tad bit uncomfortably for having to ask. 'Note to self, Syd, it pays to remember people's names.' Another awkward moment for the awkward freshman girl.

Sydney sighed, looking out toward Suzannah while listening to Luann, and seeing her seated alone. Sydney waited for the girl (Suzannah) to be looking over toward Sydney's general direction, completely unaware to the ironic fact that she was to her roommate, and gave a friendly wave toward her. Sydney then looked back toward Luann, noticing a tad bit of an accent - yet unable to put her finger on it, and figuring it to be rude to simply outright rude to outright mention it.

Sydney paused to think over her word choice, then gave a friendly smile before asking Luann yet another question. "So, are you from here?"

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 am

Daytona Beach, Florida
Coastal Daytona Academy
Gymnasium
Wednesday
16 August

Suzannah has her head in her hands leaning forward and looking out over everything that has been set up for the assembly, not really thinking about anything except that it what they have done looks pretty impressive on a large scale to her and that the music that they continue to play is getting annoying.

She takes off her backpack and puts it down by her feet beneath the bleacher to open it up and check for something and notices a girl a little ways off waving at her. She looks back and forth to see if she is mistaking it for someone else but there is no one else near enough so she gives a little wave back.
Last edited by Tumblrena on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Sydney Taylor

Sydney paused for a moment, contemplatively, as if that were even necessary - considering it to be nearly impossible for them to have seen each other prior any other way. "I, believe so?" Sydney responded, albeit questioningly, and squinting her eyes to focus on Luann a tad bit in an attempt to ascertain if, in fact, that were the case. The more she observed the young Thai, however, the more it became clear to her that it was the case.

As Sydney retracted her hand, following the brief shake between the two girls, Sydney glanced over to see another (Suzannah) take her seat further down the row-of-seats on the opposite side, and then looked back toward Luann, giving the foreign-exchange student her focus and attention for the time being.

"Sorry, but could you remind me of your name again?" Sydney inquired, shifting a tad bit uncomfortably for having to ask. 'Note to self, Syd, it pays to remember people's names.' Another awkward moment for the awkward freshman girl.

Sydney sighed, looking out toward Suzannah while listening to Luann, and seeing her seated alone. Sydney waited for the girl (Suzannah) to be looking over toward Sydney's general direction, completely unaware to the ironic fact that she was to her roommate, and gave a friendly wave toward her. Sydney then looked back toward Luann, noticing a tad bit of an accent - yet unable to put her finger on it, and figuring it to be rude to simply outright rude to outright mention it.

Sydney paused to think over her word choice, then gave a friendly smile before asking Luann yet another question. "So, are you from here?"

มงกุฏ“ลูอัน”ลองทำงานให้ดีขึ้น
สถาบันเดย์โทนาชายฝั่ง; โรงยิม

This Sydney seemed a bit distracted by something. She must have had a friend or something elsewhere. Whatever it was, no issues. Being asked if she was from here, though, probably indicated that Sydney knew Luann hadn’t grow up here.

“My name’s Luann,” she repeated, “And I’m not an American. I come from Thailand, but my family is from the Republic of China. You’re American, right?”

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Sydney Taylor

Sydney paused and listened intently, this time making sure to recall the exact pronunciation of her name, and then nodded her head comprehendingly once she had gotten it. "Lu-ann." Sydney repeated, following the correction of the girl seated next to her. "Luann." She said, a tad faster a second time, and looking over toward her. "Well, Luann, it sounds like your family moves around a lot." Sydney commented, observantly, before she looked down at her feet. "I can imagine that is rough for you." Sydney's tone of voice had suddenly changed, to a more dispirited tone.

However, Sydney looked back up and smirked as she looked over toward the Thai girl once again. "Yeah, American." She answered, folding her hands together and leaning forward slightly in her seat. "I'm not from Florida, though. I'm actually from another state. All of us, brothers and sister, we all moved here from Louisiana over the summer."

Sydney sighed, looking toward her folded hands, and then glanced out toward Suzannah. "Hey, I think I might go talk to her. She looks a bit lonely." Sydney then glanced back toward Luann. "Wanna come?"
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Eric Stevens

Freshly showered and changed Eric found himself conversing with some of his fellow homeroom classmates waiting for the impending assembly. This was the first beginning of the school year assembly that Eric would attend here at CDA, but if past speeches by Principal Smith were any indications, Eric would end up using Sophia as a pillow to catch up on some much needed sleep. The announcement for seniors came rather quickly and Eric watched the massive transit of the students slow down to a trickle then came the announcement for the Juniors. Already having plans to sit with people Eric politely declined some other offers and made his way to the gym with eyes on the lookout for either Sophia or her roommate Audrey.

His goal was rather unsuccessful as it was rather hard to find two specific people in a crowd of over hundreds of students. Eric navigated the maze of hallways and now was at the gymnasiums west entrance and decided to lean up against the side of the bleachers as he sent out a quick text to Sophia hoping to use it to locate her so they could sit together. As he finished he text and looked up he found one person he would have rather not have. Madison Perkins. She seemed to have a knack for finding him and made him suspect her of having a tracking device him or some sort of animalistic instinct for hunting him down. He glanced back down at his phone hoping for a quick response so he could make his quick escape.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Madison Perkins

The blonde girl's eyes located the 6'4 stud quarterback for the Coastal Daytona Bravehearts with ease, and she could not wait to begin her personal quest for retribution against him. The cheer-captain looked over to the other girls, and some guys, as they sat around and conversed with each other - primarily small-talk, but a handful of them discussed the routine they had planned. Madison, after having sensed the brief window she had to slip away from them, in order to have a word with Eric Stevens, took the opportunity she had presented ahead of her, and strode over to him. Madison grinned as she saw the dread he had for her in his facial expression.

"Hey Eric!" Madison excitedly exclaimed, as if the exchange they had earlier in the morning never happened, and she happily skipped over to the crowd, only to weave her way through it in order to get to the guy he wanted to speak to. "Oh, it's always so great to see you." She said with a wry smile stretching across her face, before reaching out to grab her arm. "Do you mind if we had a brief little chat?" Madison inquired, glancing around to see who else was around and potentially in earshot of what they were discussing. "Alone?" She added, looking back toward him, and crossing her arms while maintaining her grin.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Fang Li

Fang had zoned out again when a girl came up and addressed him, jarring him back into the present. Not paying attention meant that he didn't hear a word of what she said, so he looked at her with a startled expression (like an idiot, he might add) for a second before breaking the awkward silence. "Umm yeah, hi", he said with a puzzled smile. "I'm new here. Can I help you?" He felt a nagging feeling that he hated- the feeling that he had perhaps done something wrong. Looking at the girl, she seemed nice enough to hopefully not make an embarrassing scene in front of the whole school. If there was one thing he hated, it was being humiliated. The feeling was all too familiar in his family home, where everything was to be made an example of.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 am

Sophia Taylor

Sophia peeked down at her hands, folding them as she remained in her semi-slouched position, and felt a bit hesitant after Fang's initial reaction - which she, perhaps mistakenly, interpreted as an expression meant to signal his desire for her to back off and leave him alone. Sophia let out an inaudible sighed, looking over toward Fang again, and gulped prior to speaking again.

"Sorry to bother you, just wanted to say hello." Sophia said, turning her attention away from the boy and toward the basketball court as the freshmen started to take their seats.

"I hope you don't mind." Sophia said, repeating herself a second time. "I was just bored sitting up there, alone." Amusingly enough, however, a third person seemed to appear, standing next to them at the top of the bleachers.

The junior looked to see the befuddled sophomore, assuming she was one of their own - albeit petite for her age, and waved toward the apparently-lost student. "Looking for someone? For a seat? Both?"

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 am

Victoria Robinson

Victoria found herself looking at the crowds, hoping to see her brother come from somewhere. She also heard the conversation going on in her periphery, but didn't pay it too much attention. She had other things to focus on she supposed, but she really just wanted to get to class. It was easier to meet people in the classroom, but this was just randomness and chaos. It annoyed her a bit, but she couldn't help it. Somethings were destined to be........well, lonely. Moments in time when yo- "Looking for someone?" Jazz music stops here Her ears darted left, and an upper clansman seemed to be talking to her. No, she couldn't be talking to her, could she?

"For a seat? Both?" the girl continued asking questions, which left Victoria slightly dumbfounded. "I- uh, aha, yeah....." she stuttered a little bit, caught of guard from the older girl. "Yeah, I'm looking for my brother." She said after a half a second of getting her thoughts together, and waving back politely. "We're new here. Well, me more than him. He's got his baseball friends, but I don't know anyone." She looked at the girl for a second before she offered her hand saying "My name is Victoria. You from around here, yeah?" She put on a small smile, coming out the temporary she set up while she looked for someone to be with.
-Nuverkikstan

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

Fang
After the girl explained, Fang felt a wave of relief that he hadn't, in fact, done any wrong. "I don't mind at all, and I'm sorry if I came across as off putting. There's just been a lot going on and I zoned out." he explained. "I don't mind at all. Having company always makes things better. By the way, I'm Fang." he said in introduction.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Ryan Weber

Ryan smiled as he sat in the bleachers. Just a few moments ago Madison had asked to go to the Beach Party with him and he had accepted. Never had he imagined that he would be dating the cheer leading captain let alone one as hot as Madison was. Looking at he a smiled before turning to his friends and punched one after receiving a wink clearly making fun of him and Madison. Turning back to the gym floor he could't help but let his mind wonder to Friday.

Sarah Weber

Sarah was right next to Madison and could't help but notice Ryan was looking at the head cheerleader. Her asking him to the party had come as a bit of a surprise and shock to Sarah but she hadn't said anything. Of course her slightly protective nature was urging her to tell Madison to not play games with her brother's heart but for now she was resigned to letting things play out and hope for the best.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Sophia Taylor

The brunette girl nodded her head, comprehendingly, at the plight of the poor girl's situation, and flashed a smile at Victoria. "Well, come. Join us." Sophia remarked, patting the empty spot on the bleacher next to her. Given the incredibly large number of students who are gathered here, and since it didn't appear that anyone was particularly looking for her - save for her brother, Sophia figured it was safe to extend the invitation to the youthful student next to her.

Sophia shot out her hand, gracefully accepting the customary introductory exchange, and nodded her head. "Awesome to meet you, Victoria. I'm Sophia." She answered back, shrugging her shoulders. "My extended family is sorta from here, my uncle is the football coach and we've come down here a bunch of times to visit. Not actually 'from' here though." Sophia said, throwing air-quotes up with her fingers as she stated 'from.' By then, Sophia paused, turning toward Fang, who appeared to use the break to introduce himself to her, following a bit of an apology. Sophia smiled again, and shook her head. "Nah man, it's all good." She said back to him, reassuringly, and shaking his hand in return. "Hope we're making you feeling better, then!"

Sophia's attention was then turned to the basketball court, and she sighed. "Yeah, anyway. Where was I? Oh, right. Technically not from here. Siblings and I are from Louisiana. We moved here to stay with our aunt and uncle since the summer. Planning on going to school here instead." Sophia said, pausing after realizing she just stated a rather obvious fact toward the end, but simply shrugging it off with another friendly grin. As if anyone were judging her for it, anyway. "So your brother plays baseball, Victoria?" Sophia turned toward her newly-made female friend. "That's cool. Do you do anything, sports-wise? Club? Hobby?"
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse