NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School RP [IC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:15 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

The room fell into silence for the minute that followed, with neither Jackson nor Yusuf saying anything. Or rather, he didn't know what to say, if anything. "I guess that's why I'm here. My loving father thought it would be worthwhile sending me to the other side of the country. Not that it would actually change anything, and he knows that. But no point complaining," he stated, half to himself. "I get to see a city I never would have otherwise," he then added. "We've been here how many days now, and it's taken us this long to find out anything major about each other? So enough on my life, I want to know more about you," Yusuf asked considering how secretive Jackson had been so far. At the same time, he was hoping he didn't sound too eager or intrusive.

Jackson Brady

Jackson let out a sort of resigned sigh.

"What do you want to know?" He asked, still staring up at the ceiling.

Yusuf Erkan

"Seriously?" he thought, taken slightly aback by Jackson's ambiguity. He's hiding something was Yusuf's immediate conclusion. It looked as if he wasn't going to be as straightforward to get through to as Yusuf had initially imagined. "I don't know really," he began, only slightly lying. "But there must be something more to you than a handsome artist," he said without hesitation. "Why did you come to Daytona of all places? It's hardly the country's number one destination."
Last edited by Kwadai on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

Jackson let out a sort of resigned sigh.

"What do you want to know?" He asked, still staring up at the ceiling.

Yusuf Erkan

"Seriously?" he thought, taken slightly aback by Jackson's ambiguity. He's hiding something was Yusuf's immediate conclusion. It looked as if he wasn't going to be as straightforward to get through to as Yusuf had initially imagined. "I don't know really," he began. "But there must be something more to you than a handsome artist," he said without hesitation. "Why did you come to Daytona of all places? It's hardly the country's number one destination."

Jackson Brady

"I was sent here by my parents." He responded simply before pausing. "They decided that the best way to resolve the issues they had with me was to send me away to Daytona. And I don't mind. I like it here. I like it better than Mississippi for damn sure, where everyone's got their heads shoved up their asses." He said, starting to open up just a little. He hadn't missed the handsome artist comment, something about it made him more willing to talk maybe? Whatever it was, he was going to be forthright. There wasn't really the possibility of escaping it now.
Last edited by Vaquas on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

"Seriously?" he thought, taken slightly aback by Jackson's ambiguity. He's hiding something was Yusuf's immediate conclusion. It looked as if he wasn't going to be as straightforward to get through to as Yusuf had initially imagined. "I don't know really," he began. "But there must be something more to you than a handsome artist," he said without hesitation. "Why did you come to Daytona of all places? It's hardly the country's number one destination."

Jackson Brady

"I was sent here by my parents." He responded simply before pausing. "They decided that the best way to resolve the issues they had with me was to send me away to Daytona. And I don't mind. I like it here. I like it better than Mississippi for damn sure, where everyone's got their heads shoved up their asses." He said, starting to open up just a little. He hadn't missed the handsome artist comment, something about it made him more willing to talk maybe? Whatever it was, he was going to be forthright. There wasn't really the possibility of escaping it now.

Yusuf Erkan

"At least we're getting somewhere now," Yusuf thought, happy with the gradual breakthrough. Sent here. Resolve the issues. That sounded strangely familiar. He listened respectfully hoping he hadn't opened up some painful memories for Jackson while trying to decide how to proceed. Yusuf nodded in response, empathising with his words. "That sucks. I wish people could stop being so ignorant and realise their lives aren't the only ones that matter," he replied carefully. Yusuf paused briefly, partially to think of what to say before concluding that he would continue, albeit more gently in case his suspicions (or perhaps hopes?) were true. It was a bit of reach, and he could very likely be misreading the situation completely. There could be any number of issues his parents sought to fix. But something in what Jackson had said had unlocked a theory he intended to test. "When you say they had issues with you...." he started before stopping and sitting more upright to face Jackson who remained lying out on his bed. "Never mind," he then corrected himself. Sighing, he threw precautions away. "Don't feel pressured to answer this, but are you...?" he inquired softly, hoping he would fill in the blank himself.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

Yusuf Erkan

"At least we're getting somewhere now," Yusuf thought, happy with the gradual breakthrough. Sent here. Resolve the issues. That sounded strangely familiar. He listened respectfully hoping he hadn't opened up some painful memories for Jackson while trying to decide how to proceed. Yusuf nodded in response, empathising with his words. "That sucks. I wish people could stop being so ignorant and realise their lives aren't the only ones that matter," he replied carefully. Yusuf paused briefly, partially to think of what to say before concluding that he would continue, albeit more gently in case his suspicions (or perhaps hopes?) were true. It was a bit of reach, and he could very likely be misreading the situation completely. There could be any number of issues his parents sought to fix. But something in what Jackson had said had unlocked a theory he intended to test. "When you say they had issues with you...." he started before stopping and sitting more upright to face Jackson who remained lying out on his bed. "Never mind," he then corrected himself. Sighing, he threw precautions away. "Don't feel pressured to answer this, but are you...?" he inquired softly, hoping he would fill in the blank himself.

Jackson Brady

"Yes."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

Jackson Brady

"Yes."

Yusuf Erkan

That was far more blunt than he had expected. But he figured that was just part of Jackson's personality, and that it wasn't necessarily something bad. "I'm happy that you can be here," Yusuf commented quietly. He simply gave his roommate a smile of support, there wasn't much else he could do. Clearly he had an uncomfortable time with his family and acceptance, but he had no idea of anything beyond that. Everyone had different experiences, and Yusuf was not going to try and compare his own with those of Jackson despite the similarities. He wouldn't pry any further unless the other teenager brought it up first.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

"Yes."

Yusuf Erkan

That was far more blunt than he had expected. But he figured that was just part of Jackson's personality, and that it wasn't necessarily something bad. "I'm happy that you can be here," Yusuf commented quietly. He simply gave his roommate a smile of support, there wasn't much else he could do. Clearly he had an uncomfortable time with his family and acceptance, but he had no idea of anything beyond that. Everyone had different experiences, and Yusuf was not going to try and compare his own with those of Jackson despite the similarities. He wouldn't pry any further unless the other teenager brought it up first.

Jackson Brady

"My dad's a black Baptist preacher so that went about as well as you would expect," Jackson said, sitting up now but still not making eye contact, instead looking at the wall. "Got into an argument one day and I just let everything spill out. They'd made arrangements for me to be shipped off by the time I came back the next morning." he explained

"Its not like I'm ashamed of it or anything. I'm sure that's what you must think, I wasn't exactly forthcoming before." he added. He didn't know Yusuf that well, but talking to him was talking to someone who got it, at least a little, he thought.

"I don't talk about it a lot, because I don't feel like I need to. There are more important things to focus on, boxing, school, the mechanical work I do. Its just the reality of things, and worrying about it isn't going to do anyone any favors." he finished throwing in a shrug.

"The hard part's over, and it landed me here in Daytona, so that's that."
Last edited by Vaquas on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:39 am

Sydney Taylor

Musing for but a brief moment, Sydney does her best to keep a straight face toward Suzzanah and Heather. Yet, internally, Sydney attempts to quell her bubbling-up fear of heights, at the least not wanting to appear as lame to her new friends.

Sydney grins, silently nodding her head in concurrence to Suzzanah's suggestion, and glances back to see if her older sister were still sitting at the bench. Seeing that she was, and that Sophia had spotted Sydney from afar, Sydney shot a wave toward her before looking back to Suzzanah and Heather. "Yeah, let's go!" Sydney exclaims, exuding a fabricated confidence, and hoisting a fist into the air.

Sydney presumes to take the lead, shrugging her shoulder once she had passed the two of them. "Yeah, it's pretty cool. There's an arcade, a rollercoaster, go-carts, a tilt-a-whirl thingy..."

"The food here is pretty good too, if you like to eat. I like to eat. Food is good. Good thing we get to eat it. And, um, yeah." Sydney then pauses, deciding she ought to just stop talking before she continues to ramble.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 am

Madison Perkins

Madison opened her mouth, about to clarify as to her point, but then entertained the idea of light-hearted fun with Caroline. Seeing she was as serious as she can be, Madison bite her lip as she fought the urge to laugh.

"Yeah girl, it's crazy. Have you seen that show on National Geographic? It's called The Hobbit. This British guy, Tolkien, because they're always British for whatever reason, put an amazing masterpiece together."

"My gosh! Like, you should totally ask people about it! So many people had seen it already, and you would so love it!" Madison added, reaching out to clasp Caroline on the shoulder following that last remark.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

Jackson Brady

"My dad's a black Baptist preacher so that went about as well as you would expect," Jackson said, sitting up now but still not making eye contact, instead looking at the wall. "Got into an argument one day and I just let everything spill out. They'd made arrangements for me to be shipped off by the time I came back the next morning." he explained

"Its not like I'm ashamed of it or anything. I'm sure that's what you must think, I wasn't exactly forthcoming before." he added. He didn't know Yusuf that well, but talking to him was talking to someone who got it, at least a little, he thought.

"I don't talk about it a lot, because I don't feel like I need to. There are more important things to focus on, boxing, school, the mechanical work I do. Its just the reality of things, and worrying about it isn't going to do anyone any favors." he finished throwing in a shrug.

Yusuf Erkan

Yusuf did not make any attempt to stop Jackson, he would stop himself when he felt appropriate. "I won't pretend to know much about your religion, because I know very little. But coming out to those who are devout in their orthodox beliefs and practises of any religion is not easy. What you did took courage," Yusuf told him honestly. While neither of his own parents were particularly religious, his extended family were, so he was to some extent (despite the different faiths), able to empathise with the other teenager's account. The atmosphere began to lighten when his roommate moved on to his hobbies. "So you do boxing, you are a mechanic and an artist?" he responded, trying to discreetly let his gaze fall to Jackson's exposed upper arms. "Impressive."
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Sydney Taylor

Musing for but a brief moment, Sydney does her best to keep a straight face toward Suzzanah and Heather. Yet, internally, Sydney attempts to quell her bubbling-up fear of heights, at the least not wanting to appear as lame to her new friends.

Sydney grins, silently nodding her head in concurrence to Suzzanah's suggestion, and glances back to see if her older sister were still sitting at the bench. Seeing that she was, and that Sophia had spotted Sydney from afar, Sydney shot a wave toward her before looking back to Suzzanah and Heather. "Yeah, let's go!" Sydney exclaims, exuding a fabricated confidence, and hoisting a fist into the air.

Sydney presumes to take the lead, shrugging her shoulder once she had passed the two of them. "Yeah, it's pretty cool. There's an arcade, a rollercoaster, go-carts, a tilt-a-whirl thingy..."

"The food here is pretty good too, if you like to eat. I like to eat. Food is good. Good thing we get to eat it. And, um, yeah." Sydney then pauses, deciding she ought to just stop talking before she continues to ramble.

Heather notices Sydney's reluctance as Ferris wheel was mentioned. She assumes Syd might be afraid so she decides to help her. "Maybe we should check the arcades first...You know, Ferris Wheel might be too intense a first thing to do."

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

Yusuf Erkan

Yusuf did not make any attempt to stop Jackson, he would stop himself when he felt appropriate. "I won't pretend to know much about your religion, because I know very little. But coming out to those who are devout in their orthodox beliefs and practises of any religion is not easy. What you did took courage," Yusuf told him honestly. While neither of his own parents were particularly religious, his extended family were, so he was to some extent (despite the different faiths), able to empathise with the other teenager's account. The atmosphere began to lighten when his roommate moved on to his hobbies. "So you do boxing, you are a mechanic and an artist?" he responded, trying to discreetly let his gaze fall to Jackson's exposed upper arms. "Impressive."

Jackson Brady

Jackson was used to compliments really, on his drawings and math skills and handiness. Something felt a bit different about these though, something he couldn't place and didn't try to. He took Yusuf's praise like he took all other praise, with thanks and a small feeling of accomplishment. He knew his limitations, what he was good at, great at, and awful at, and he wasn't someone who would shrug things like that off without a thanks.

"Thank you. I'm always up pretty early, before you, so I tend to hit the gym in the morning, to get that out of the way, work with Max a little bit, refine what needs to be refined with the boxing. I do martial arts too, but that's something I fit in recreationally now that I'm in Daytona. I could show you some basics some time if you like." The darker boy said, not really meaning for it to come out in the very mildly flirtatious way that it did. He immediately corrected himself as he continued to speak, turning to Yusuf now though. "The mechanical stuff is for money, I'm good with my hands so I make use of that. Plus cars are interesting, appliances can be too if you're odd enough." he joked. "I want to be an architect, but its nice to have some practical skill to fall back on if that doesn't pan out."

Jackson gestured at his put away sketchbook

"The art's just for fun, unless there's a project or something. Most of my sketching is related to schematical design in one way or another, but sometimes it'll just be basic stuff, like the building you saw."

Jackson never spoke this much to people outside of his close circle of friends, and even then, he normally needed to know them quite well before he started letting things flow. Maybe it was because he was going to have to live with Yusuf for a year that he was being so casual with him, preempting any forthcoming disagreements with a positive image.

He didn't know.

He couldn't help but notice though that the other boy was definitely cute, getting a good extended look at him now. Not that that meant anything. There were lots of good looking guys in a place like this, and none of them were worth it so far. There was one guy, a football player, but he was definitely straight and Jackson made it a point to avoid him accordingly, not even remotely worth the distraction or the danger of a crush. Not that he was really looking for a boyfriend. He'd always wondered what a relationship with someone would be like, but it was senior year, and there was a decent part of him that said waiting until college was the only viable option if he wanted to retain a balance in his life. There was always the chance the right guy could come around, but to Jackson, that seemed pretty unlikely.
Last edited by Vaquas on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Sydney Taylor

"Um, no-no. It's cool. I mean, unless you... want to go to the arcade instead. I'm, yeah, I'm cool with the wheel. Ferris wheel." Sydney said, pausing to take a breath after her nervous, jumbled mess of words.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

Jackson Brady

Jackson was used to compliments really, on his drawings and math skills and handiness. Something felt a bit different about these though, something he couldn't place and didn't try to. He took Yusuf's praise like he took all other praise, with thanks and a small feeling of accomplishment. He knew his limitations, what he was good at, great at, and awful at, and he wasn't someone who would shrug things like that off without a thanks.

"Thank you. I'm always up pretty early, before you, so I tend to hit the gym in the morning, to get that out of the way, work with Max a little bit, refine what needs to be refined with the boxing. I do martial arts too, but that's something I fit in recreationally now that I'm in Daytona. I could show you some basics some time if you like." The darker boy said, not really meaning for it to come out in the very mildly flirtatious way that it did. He immediately corrected himself as he continued to speak, turning to Yusuf now though. "The mechanical stuff is for money, I'm good with my hands so I make use of that. Plus cars are interesting, appliances can be too if you're odd enough." he joked. "I want to be an architect, but its nice to have some practical skill to fall back on if that doesn't pan out."

"The art's just for fun, unless there's a project or something. Most of my sketching is related to schematical design in one way or another, but sometimes it'll just be basic stuff, like the building you saw."

Jackson never spoke this much to people outside of his close circle of friends, and even then, he normally needed to know them quite well before he started letting things flow. Maybe it was because he was going to have to live with Yusuf for a year that he was being so casual with him, preempting any forthcoming disagreements with a positive image.

He didn't know.

He couldn't help but notice though that the other boy was definitely cute, getting a good extended look at him now. Not that that meant anything. There were lots of good looking guys in a place like this, and none of them were worth it so far. There was one guy, a football player, but he was definitely straight and Jackson made it a point to avoid him accordingly, not even remotely worth the distraction or the danger of a crush. Not that he was really looking for a boyfriend. He'd always wondered what a relationship with someone would be like, but it was senior year, and there was a decent part of him that said waiting until college was the only viable option if he wanted to retain a balance in his life. There was always the chance the right guy could come around, but to Jackson, that seemed pretty unlikely.

Yusuf Erkan

"My athletic ability is fairly limited I'm afraid," Yusuf joked. "But sure, you can teach me something, who knows, maybe I'm being too harsh on myself." He wasn't lying though, sport of any form had never been his strength. Not that he really cared. Still, he was open to trying out something new. By then Jackson had moved on to explaining his mechanics. Yet more uncharted waters. Lack of knowledge aside, he continue doing to listen as his roommate discussed how it was mostly to make money and that his real aspirations were to become an architect. "You won't have to worry about not becoming an architect if those sketches were anything to go by. You'll be just fine," he assured. Yusuf at this stage had begun to wonder if everyone here was this multitalented or if Jackson was just an exception.

"I'm more into music and writing. I'm not one hundred percent sure what I want to do in the future, but I have a feeling it's going to end up involving one of those two things," he mentioned. Yusuf didn't really know what his feelings for Jackson were at the moment. He definitely felt something, but unfortunately couldn't quite place what exactly that ambiguous something even was.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Daytona Beach, Florida
Daytona Beach Boardwalk
Wednesday
16 August

Suzzanah is not always too self aware of herself but she knows enough that she understands that she usually starts to ramble on excitedly when she gets excited about something and with how excited she is about the Ferris Wheel ride she thinks that Sydney's rambling list of activities is just excitement too, and so she smiles and grabs Syndey's arm.

"I'm cool with it too! Let's go! I bet we can even look at the roof of the arcade from up there!"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Sydney Taylor

Not even having a second to say anything more, just as she had exhaled, it seemed, Sydney found herself being clasped by an excited, if not animated, Suzzanah who had shouted, as Sydney heard it, something about being "God knows how freakin' high up, just to see the roof of Lord knows how many buildings." Sydney would certainly hate herself for this, if she doesn't end up jumping out from the ride at some point on its' ascent.

Sydney simply grinned, rather uncomfortably, and quickly nodded her head, hiding her shaking, quivering hands in the pockets of her jean shorts. "Um yeah, yes-I agree-sure!" Sydney rapidly spouted out, her words melted together as she vocalized a reply, and darting a glance toward Heather for her answer.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Kwadai wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Jackson Brady

He didn't know.

Yusuf Erkan

"My athletic ability is fairly limited I'm afraid," Yusuf joked. "But sure, you can teach me something, who knows, maybe I'm being too harsh on myself." He wasn't lying though, sport of any form had never been his strength. Not that he really cared. Still, he was open to trying out something new. By then Jackson had moved on to explaining his mechanics. Yet more uncharted waters. Lack of knowledge aside, he continue doing to listen as his roommate discussed how it was mostly to make money and that his real aspirations were to become an architect. "You won't have to worry about not becoming an architect if those sketches were anything to go by. You'll be just fine," he assured. Yusuf at this stage had begun to wonder if everyone here was this multitalented or if Jackson was just an exception.

"I'm more into music and writing. I'm not one hundred percent sure what I want to do in the future, but I have a feeling it's going to end up involving one of those two things," he mentioned. Yusuf didn't really know what his feelings for Jackson were at the moment. He definitely felt something, but unfortunately couldn't quite place what exactly that ambiguous something even was.

Jackson Brady

Jackson looked the other boy up and down and was silent for a moment.

"Come with me to the gym tomorrow, we can work on the athletic ability." the muscular teen said through a small grin, flexing just the smallest bit as a joke. He wasn't sure what possessed him to invite Yusuf, but he'd opened his mouth and done it so there wasn't any turning back now. He didn't want his new... friend? They hadn't spoken that much, but acquaintance didn't seem that correct now that they'd had this conversation. His new friend to feel like he had to though, if that was something he just felt uncomfortable with. So he presented an out.

"Though if you don't want to wake up that early that's totally fine, I understand. I'm sure we can find something else to do."

Never before had Jackson so quickly jumped into asking someone to hang out like tgar. Hell, they were still getting to know each other, there was so much he was unaware of. He felt like an idiot. 'Good Lord what is wrong with me' he thought as he glanced around the room.
Democratic Nominee 2024

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Eric Stevens
The buzzing of his phone against the coffee table, caught Eric's attention as he emerged from the bathroom, the steam inside quickly diminishing. With only a towel around his waist he picked up the phone to check who it was attempting to contact him. He smiled at the culprit and texted out a response.

Freshly washed and cleanly shaven Eric now dressed more "stylish" exited the dorm with some pep in his step as he quickly descended the staircase. Almost running into his teammate, friend, and roommate Christopher Breckenridge. Eric shouted an apology as he continued out of the building and out into the parking lot.

Later
Eric now walking the boardwalk finally found who he had been looking for. Sitting on a bench was Sophia Taylor. Her focus was on her sister and some other girls as they decided to take advantage of the best view of the boardwalk. The Ferris wheel. He spoke when he was in audible range "Hey you."
Last edited by New Flattnerk on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Sophia Taylor

Having been enamored, primarily, with the amusing spectacle of her sister and her newly-found friends, Sophia had been made oblivious to anyone approaching.

Her eyes immediately glanced over toward Eric, smiling widely almost immediately as she saw him, and shot up from the bench to run up to, and hug, the far-larger boy who stood not too far from where she sat.

"Hey!" Sophia exclaimed, excitedly throwing herself against Eric, unknowingly lightly-slamming her entire body into his own, before stepping away from the tight hug a second or so later. "My gosh, so glad you came!" Sophia said, grabbing his hand.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Eric Stevens
Eric was delighted to see such a happy Sophia has she nearly jumped into his arms. He returned the right hug. When they released each other Sophia held his hand and he had to look down at the much shorter girl that stood before him. “Of course I did! How are you?”

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Sophia Taylor

Looking into his eyes for a moment, beaming with elation, Sophia quickly nodded her head and have him a bit of a squeeze of the hand while she stood before him. Sophia bit her lip, unable to contain her smile.

"Yeah, it's been cool! Just, hanging out with sissy and her friends!" She stated, glancing toward the trio in the distance for but a brief moment, then looking back toward the towering Junior. "So, uh, how'd after-school practice go today?"

"And would you like to get something to eat? I'd imagine you're starving by now."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Sydney Taylor

Not even having a second to say anything more, just as she had exhaled, it seemed, Sydney found herself being clasped by an excited, if not animated, Suzzanah who had shouted, as Sydney heard it, something about being "God knows how freakin' high up, just to see the roof of Lord knows how many buildings." Sydney would certainly hate herself for this, if she doesn't end up jumping out from the ride at some point on its' ascent.

Sydney simply grinned, rather uncomfortably, and quickly nodded her head, hiding her shaking, quivering hands in the pockets of her jean shorts. "Um yeah, yes-I agree-sure!" Sydney rapidly spouted out, her words melted together as she vocalized a reply, and darting a glance toward Heather for her answer.

"Certainly." Heather smiles, reassuringly at Sydney, trying to make her at ease. "Let us go to the Ferris Wheel then."

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Daytona Beach, Florida
Daytona Beach Boardwalk
Wednesday
16 August

"Well then let's go already!" Suzzanah grabs Heather's arm with her other hand and skips off dragging both of them with her.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Kwadai wrote:
Yusuf Erkan

Jackson Brady

Jackson looked the other boy up and down and was silent for a moment.

"Come with me to the gym tomorrow, we can work on the athletic ability." the muscular teen said through a small grin, flexing just the smallest bit as a joke. He wasn't sure what possessed him to invite Yusuf, but he'd opened his mouth and done it so there wasn't any turning back now. He didn't want his new... friend? They hadn't spoken that much, but acquaintance didn't seem that correct now that they'd had this conversation. His new friend to feel like he had to though, if that was something he just felt uncomfortable with. So he presented an out.

"Though if you don't want to wake up that early that's totally fine, I understand. I'm sure we can find something else to do."

Never before had Jackson so quickly jumped into asking someone to hang out like tgar. Hell, they were still getting to know each other, there was so much he was unaware of. He felt like an idiot. 'Good Lord what is wrong with me' he thought as he glanced around the room.

Yusuf Erkan

"I think I can handle waking up. Have you had to teach anyone like this before?" Yusuf inquired with a slight smirk. "It will probably be quieter at that time anyway" He assumed that early morning would mean less people would be frequenting the gym before it dawned on him that the opposite was more likely to be true. Oh well. How bad could it be? "Unless of course there's some secret gym cult that I'm completely unaware of," he added, only half jokingly. Some people took their workouts very seriously. Maybe this school had changed something after all.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Eric Stevens
"It was good. Coach Taylor is really pushing us, but I see good things happening. I'm excited. Really really excited." His passion was truly in the sport of football and his eyes would light up whenever he spoke of it. Nothing could compare to the feeling of being on that field, underneath the Friday night lights. Yet. Eric intertwined his fingers with hers and then smiled. "Food? Now you're talking."

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 am

Sydney Taylor

"Eeeek..." Sydney's heart pounded some more, her eyes dilating at the sight of the ferris wheel, yet she followed with a smile to the excited-Suzzanah and let out an uncomfortable laugh as they all began to skip toward the attraction, which remarkably had no queue ahead of them. "I... totally can't wait! Yeah, can't wait. It's going to be terrible. I mean, terrific! The worst. With you guys, it'll be awesome!"

Sydney tightly clutched Suzzanah's arm, and followed-suit with a glance toward Heather. "I love heights! I can't wait to be so high up. I just, it'll be... wonderful! Splendid! If I cry, uh, it's just... I'm... happy!" Sydney exclaimed, hands shaking and fighting the urge to cry already, sizing up the seemingly gargantuan thing in front of her, then looking down to make eye-contact with an apathetic, blasé, ride attendant, mechanically gesturing toward the opened seat on the next carriage for them.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse