NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The US Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. IX

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:52 am

Vaquas wrote:Patton will be encouraging the Maine State Police to make the apprehension of the wife their top priority and to keep a look out for her given the proximity to New Hampshire.

The FBI issued an all points bulletin to all police forces around the country, and would have reached out to the state police requesting road blocks and vehicle checks around the state.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 am

Vaquas wrote:Patton will be encouraging the Maine State Police to make the apprehension of the wife their top priority and to keep a look out for her given the proximity to New Hampshire.

smart play, she handles this right it makes 2020 a much bigger possibility
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am

I am still in the process of writing a speech for Kuznetsov to deliver at Manchester, though I have been pressed for time, and not writing well regardless. We have a brief window in preparing for the reports to be written for the breaking story, but if it begins to delay the roleplay, she will bow out due to health reasons.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 am

The text of the bill should be provided in laying it out, Latvijas. It is not a serious problem, it should be a simple matter to edit the post, and copy and paste said text into it.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:41 am

Dentali wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:On the contrary, if the left continues to cannibalize itself with the Progressive-Democrat vote split, it is actually reasonable to presume a conservative Republican, such as Kramer, could win a Presidential election in 2020, 2024, and beyond.

All of which is dependent on how things transpire, of course, but that is true for anything.

the split is bad sure but we also need to look at demographics, states like Georgia, North Carolina and and Texas are losing safe red status. Looking at how the nation as a whole is beginning to lean further left on many social issues (minus abortion) a Kramer presidency is not impossible but increasingly unlikely, not to mention he will be 80 by the time of the election.

And it's all mostly due to demographics!
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Sorry about this but I have been wondering over the past few days what Anita Flores's liberty party is?
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Sorry about this but I have been wondering over the past few days what Anita Flores's liberty party is?

Very long story short, the Libertarian party broke apart and the Liberty Party is one of the two that came out of it. Has more of a conservative/ancappy flair than the Libs, color is purple, Don't Tread on Me flag, most concentrated out West, still definitely a fourth party, not a big player yet
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:Sorry about this but I have been wondering over the past few days what Anita Flores's liberty party is?

Very long story short, the Libertarian party broke apart and the Liberty Party is one of the two that came out of it. Has more of a conservative/ancappy flair than the Libs, color is purple, Don't Tread on Me flag, most concentrated out West, still definitely a fourth party, not a big player yet

Ok thank you.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Carter/Denis and Lane/Eb meetings still going on?

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Carter/Denis and Lane/Eb meetings still going on?

I have no idea. I’m waiting on Pro to respond.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Uttland wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Carter/Denis and Lane/Eb meetings still going on?

I think it's your turn

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Uttland wrote:

I believe that I have. Unless I have erred, I do not see any further posts from Lane after my most recent post.
Male.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:
the split is bad sure but we also need to look at demographics, states like Georgia, North Carolina and and Texas are losing safe red status. Looking at how the nation as a whole is beginning to lean further left on many social issues (minus abortion) a Kramer presidency is not impossible but increasingly unlikely, not to mention he will be 80 by the time of the election.

And it's all mostly due to demographics!

It would be interesting to see what a Stephens run as a Republican would look like in 2024 (or 2020 if Reed doesn’t run). He’ll be 75 in 2020 and 79 in 2024, but as a long-time executive and a social near-liberal, he could be a decent choice.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Velahor wrote:
Uttland wrote:And it's all mostly due to demographics!

It would be interesting to see what a Stephens run as a Republican would look like in 2024 (or 2020 if Reed doesn’t run). He’ll be 75 in 2020 and 79 in 2024, but as a long-time executive and a social near-liberal, he could be a decent choice.

He’d get as far as rand Paul 2016

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

He’d get as far as rand Paul 2016

Maybe slightly better. The field will likely not have a Trump, and Stephens has pushed aside his more extreme economic positions to appear more electable a time or two before.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Damn, the Chicago machine is strong.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Damn, the Chicago machine is strong.

And RL Gov. Jackson somehow almost managed to lose an unlosable race

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Damn, the Chicago machine is strong.

How does one almost lose to a conservative tea party type while an incumbent Governor in Illinois?

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

How does one almost lose to a conservative tea party type while an incumbent Governor in Illinois?

He outspent her like 30-1, and had the establishment so locked in for him that they were declaring endorsements of her illegal

But the guy screwed up on the abortion bill he signed. He got super lucky in how quiet the media attention was around it and Ives really did not run a good campaign but it got the conservatives riled up so much that he almost lost even with the whole "Only guy who can beat the Democrat" thing going for him

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Classic Illinois... Incompetent Republican vs Corrupt Democrat

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Republicans also nominated Jason Larson.

EDIT

I have a strong feeling Lipinski will take a hint and move to the left to survive a challenge by someone who is not a complete political novice.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

He outspent her like 30-1, and had the establishment so locked in for him that they were declaring endorsements of her illegal

But the guy screwed up on the abortion bill he signed. He got super lucky in how quiet the media attention was around it and Ives really did not run a good campaign but it got the conservatives riled up so much that he almost lost even with the whole "Only guy who can beat the Democrat" thing going for him

I mean it's Illinois, and he's a Republican, so I would assume he would have to try and throw the suburbanites, moderate Democrats, and liberal Republicans a bone on abortion.
Last edited by Bruke on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 am

Bruke wrote:

I mean it's Illinois, and he's a Republican, so I would assume he would have to try and throw the suburbanites, moderate Democrats, and liberal Republicans a bone on abortion.

yea if he vetoed the abortion bill i doubt he'd win the general

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:42 am

Bruke wrote:

It's farther left than they are by a decent clip, not a PP style thing, but integrating into Medicaid, which is more controversial. If it was something like VT or something where the conservatives are kinda liberal he'd end up better, but rural Illinois is sort of discount Indiana, so he PO'd them.

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:

yea if he vetoed the abortion bill i doubt he'd win the general

He was pretty screwed either way, but he hurt himself more by depressing the base than trying to expand his tent
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:43 am

Wait, can they take up amendments in the Senate while we are discussing a current Bill? :blink:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse