NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The US Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. IX

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Prolieum wrote:Well, this is certainly a new wrinkle.

What? Me being lied to and having to change votes.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Oh crap. Qauy is being interviewed for HUD
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

This will be good for Noble if she is permitted to run for Senate in Wyoming. How Troy Wilson voted could be used against him.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Chewion wrote:Oh crap. Qauy is being interviewed for HUD

Deni literally will control the fates of others.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Chewion wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Right now its just the liberals and the eccentrics

Waiting on some others

How bad of a standing would sticking with nay put Carter in with the Republicans?

TNS said he'd be fine for Reelection if that's what you're worried about.

The President has not taken a position on this.

If the bill fails, Winslow is almost certainly out as Majority Leader, which means Carter might be able to get his old job back.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Chewion wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Well, this is certainly a new wrinkle.

What? Me being lied to and having to change votes.

I am not certain of the circumstances out-of-character, but the change of vote is a surprise, and of some significance, though perhaps not necessarily decisive significance.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Chewion wrote:How bad of a standing would sticking with nay put Carter in with the Republicans?

If the bill fails, Winslow is almost certainly out as Majority Leader, which means Carter might be able to get his old job back.

Will it fail without his nay vote? I don't wanna piss off the majority but pushing Winslow out is a goal.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Chewion wrote:
Right now its just the liberals and the eccentrics

Waiting on some others

How bad of a standing would sticking with nay put Carter in with the Republicans?

Bad. He'd be in great with Breck/Sunshine/McGareth etc. but he'd basically be the face of a pro same-sex marriage revolt
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Chewion wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

Will it fail without his nay vote? I don't wanna piss off the majority but pushing Winslow out is a goal.

Not necessarily.

With his vote it will almost certainly fail, without it its a toss up.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Chewion wrote:How bad of a standing would sticking with nay put Carter in with the Republicans?

Bad. He'd be in great with Breck/Sunshine/McGareth etc. but he'd basically be the face of a pro same-sex marriage revolt

I think Breck/Fowler get the face of that, they're the ones who have been running around the Senate, all Carter did was vote.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Chewion wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

I'll just say what I said before the flippity, if he votes nay, he's almost definitely pretty much screwed for leadership for years at least

It might fail without his nay but its way less likely

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Vaquas wrote:

I think Breck/Fowler get the face of that, they're the ones who have been running around the Senate, all Carter did was vote.

Carter's the one with a reputation though. Breck was an Independent until two months ago and Fowler's a first termer from a super blue state, but Carter is the former Maj Leader

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Breck would get a lot of face for it at least nationally/publicly Carter would be more face within the pub delegation

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Vaquas wrote:

Sunshine was also running around, and the 'Supreme Court rejection' argument she brought up during question period also resonated.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

Sunshine was also running around, and the 'Supreme Court rejection' argument she brought up during question period also resonated.

You can basically call them the Trio of the very libpub Sens

McGareth would make it a Quadro but he wasn't active
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:Sunshine was also running around, and the 'Supreme Court rejection' argument she brought up during question period also resonated.

You can basically call them the Trio of the very libpub Sens

McGareth would make it a Quadro but he wasn't active

Brankers(!) and Stacey were the active Dems.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm

What a season finale twist man

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:What a season finale twist man

What's the twist?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:What a season finale twist man

What's the twist?

Carter suddenly turns around

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Lol, best advice ever

Still not quite Fowler Jew level, but its up there

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Something tells me "Don't worry about what your constituents think" is not going to be a particularly good sales pitch to a former charity worker Republican in Maryland.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

We have another contender for worst pitch ever.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Kingsley is a Reed boi, could help keep the Colorado bois in line at Nay and maybe the Virginia boi
Democratic Nominee 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Can I get a restraining order on Dent? He is spamming me.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Holy hell if its a tie I'm going to scream
Democratic Nominee 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse