NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The US Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. IX

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Dentali wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

lol
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:

Although the party hasn't gone over the edge yet, we can still pull back from the brink.

Good luck fighting Amaras over that.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Although the party hasn't gone over the edge yet, we can still pull back from the brink.

It needs a strong leader. President Reed needs to condemn the infighting, or somebody in the Senate needs to stand up as a unifier.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Velahor wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Although the party hasn't gone over the edge yet, we can still pull back from the brink.

It needs a strong leader. President Reed needs to condemn the infighting, or somebody in the Senate needs to stand up as a unifier.

Winslow has to go.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm waiting to start calcing stuff until we get more votes in

This has been too crazy to make assumptions

Who are we still waiting for

Egg, King, Wyman, Lane
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Velahor wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Although the party hasn't gone over the edge yet, we can still pull back from the brink.

This is 100% why Havich is VP so he can influence the Senate, and he's doing jack shit
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Following the plot of that movie, the only way the party would cooperate is if they bond together to stop a threat that acts as an antagonist to both sides.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Who are we still waiting for

Egg, King, Wyman, Lane

Who the hell is Wyman
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

I think in a nutshell, the problem is too much winning. Literally.

Happening to the GOP now in real life, happpened to Dems under Obama for a time.

when your party is winning, it's easier to emphasize inter-party divisons.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Velahor wrote:

Breck already basically announced a Congressional revolt

Maybe Lane could be a unifier, maybe, but I don't think there is someone

Eh, maybe Prej

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Egg, King, Wyman, Lane

Who the hell is Wyman

NH Pub, Van Rieb

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

This is 100% why Havich is VP so he can influence the Senate, and he's doing jack shit

I think that is part of the plan.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Velahor wrote:

President would be better, seeing as he's still enjoying a honeymoon. It's harder being one of 100 Senators, wrangling all those personalities.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Velahor wrote:

Winslow has to go.

There's no one else who's not tainted or a total newbie

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Who the hell is Wyman

NH Pub, Van Rieb

A Republican from New Hampshire would never vote for this
Democratic Nominee 2024

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Bruke wrote:
Velahor wrote:

President would be better, seeing as he's still enjoying a honeymoon. It's harder being one of 100 Senators, wrangling all those personalities.

The Bellefontaine revolt again

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Velahor wrote:

Winslow has to go.

Depending on Sanabel’s involvement, Winslow might have a decent election challenger.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Vaquas wrote:
NH Pub, Van Rieb

A Republican from New Hampshire would never vote for this

A Republican from Alabama would never vote against this

I'm not making assumptions unless I super have to

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Bruke wrote:

Hmmm... you have a point there. But still, public platform wise, he's well positioned to put them on blast. He's the de facto head of the GOP. No one but Kramer would blatantly protest if Reed tells them to stop fighting and work together.
Last edited by Bruke on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm

You think Spicy will wake up?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Bruke wrote:

Hmmm... you have a point there. But still, platform wise, he's well positioned to put them on blast. He's the de facto head of the GOP.

They need to cast out Breck if they're gonna try to reembrace him

I have a feeling Sunshine gonna try to go anti-Reed too

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Bruke wrote:

Hmmm... you have a point there. But still, platform wise, he's well positioned to put them on blast. He's the de facto head of the GOP.

We need a chart to know what side everyone's on. Because I feel like a war is brewing.

RPs I do

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

This defeat is actually probably going to hurt Reed, with all the Anti-LGBT stuff, he's going to automatically seem like he was on board with this.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Bruke wrote:

If that's the case, there's going to be a purge of all the liberal Republicans in the Senate, mark my words. Amaras, or some other conservative will start calling for heads to roll.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Vaquas wrote:This defeat is actually probably going to hurt Reed, with all the Anti-LGBT stuff, he's going to automatically seem like he was on board with this.

And he can't distance himself enough without pissing off the base. Its a no win situation.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse