NATION

PASSWORD

MUNCHKIN: THE RP - OOC (Comedy / Fantasy): Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

MUNCHKIN: THE RP - OOC (Comedy / Fantasy): Dead

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Welcome to MUNCHKIN: THE RP.
This is a fantasy story... but it's not your typical fantasy. Sure, you have your standard elves, dwarves, humans, halflings, gnomes, kobolds, orcs, dragons, and more. Sure, you have your stereotypical magically endowed weapons, armor, and artifacts. Sure, you will have curses. Sure, you will have combat. Lots and lots of combat. :twisted: :lol2:

But where all those other fantasy RPs go, all mysterious, serious and dramatic, MUNCHKIN: THE RP blazes a new trail. As of right now, it's the only Comedy Fantasy RP on the market! Brought to you by the same OP who brings you The Infinites! Looking for more hilarity and fun! This RP is based almost completely off the Steve Jackson Games' Munchkin, with a little bit of the humor of Zork thrown in. Maybe some Holy Grail type humor and references too. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, well, stick around and you'll begin to get the point.

WHAT MUNCHKIN IS ALL ABOUT
Steve Jackson's Munchkin is one of the most hilarious games ever made. It's a card game with an occasional die roll. Sometimes it's also a board game. But Munchkin always begins the same way: banding together because you are weak so you can fight off the monsters, steal treasures and advance to the next room / level. And Munchkin always ends the same way, too: trying to blast the highest level characters out of the water by curses and additional help for the monsters they are fighting, so that you might end up as the winner. Some of that will carry over. Because, it's a very creative concept, being a (relatively) good person teammate of various moral standing, and yet helping the monsters destroy your friends in the end who are also your competitors.

Does that sound the least bit psychotic? Maybe. Maybe more than just a bit. :shock: But it should also be very funny too. Because the monsters here are CORNY. Most of the monsters you fight are not going to be your typical Fantasy monsters. They are going to be the CORNIEST monsters you might ever hope to meet. (Those of you who have played Munchkin, you know what I mean). And all that loot you get? Those magically endowed weapons, armor, shields, footwear, headgear, potions and other items of interest? Most of those are going to be CORNY too.

WHERE YOU COME IN
So here's the story. You are not going to start as one of the most powerful warriors / wizards / clerics / thieves / bards / other stereotypical classes you might normally see. You guys are all the bottom of the barrel. You all suck. That's why you need to stick together at the beginning. But as the RP progresses, and you get more items, and you get a bigger head more experience - that's when your friends and teammates WILL turn against you. Just as you WILL turn against them. But with a smile on your face, and promises made with crossed fingers behind your back. Because that's the nature of the RP.

WHO CAN I PLAY AS?
You got bunches of choices. Here are some examples, in no way meant to limit your creativity, but just spur it on...
-a squire who always wanted to be a knight
-a magician's apprentice whose spells tend to fizzle more than anything else
-the wimpiest giant known to man (who fights at the same pathetic level as everyone else at the start)
-a wet-behind-the-ears kid who wants to prove she is more than capable of surviving on her own
-a kobold warrior having to hold weapons twice his size
-lots of other choices, within reason and the approval of the OP.

WHAT IS WITHIN THE REASON AND APPROVAL OF THE OP?
A few things here.
-No vampires.
-No werewolves.
-No monster-types. You're supposed to be fighting those, not RPing as those...
-No demons.
-No deities.
-Most everything else should be ok...

BUT YOU OBJECT! "I WANT MY CHARACTER TO ACTUALLY KICK SOME BUTT!", YOU SAY.
Don't we all. Well, just relax. In Munchkin, you might start off weak and wimpy. But the more magically endowed items you collect make you more powerful. That is, if you can use it all. And, if various curses and losing battles doesn't make you lose these powerful items. Think of these items as if they tap into the muscles, nervous system, brain, senses, and any other applicable functions, and hone them and make them more athletic, stronger, more powerful - all while hopefully getting you to laugh.

So yeah. You start off as weak. But getting magically endowed items will make you be able to take on the fiercest of monsters. And make the other characters envious of you. But hey. That comes with the territory.

WHILE WE'RE AT IT, SOME RULES / LAWS / STATUTES / ORDINANCES / YOU GET THE GIST
I. Thou shalt heed the voice of the OP in all things RP related

II. Thou shalt not cuss, swear, or use satanic arts but shall keep things PG-related.
In the case thine character must cuss or swear, use something along these lines: "%*$@" instead of actual words.

III. ("One... two... five..." "Three, sir". "Three, being the third number, is...")
Remember the day set aside for posting, which shall be at least once every few days
unless thou communicatest with the OP, who completely understands
about Real Life issues and commitments and has them of his own.

IV. Honor thy fellow players by not Godmodding, Spamming,
Advertising other RPs, being a jerk in the OOC page, or any other such bad RP behavior.

V. Thou shalt be allowed to murder thine fellow characters in the IC page.
Just realize that when thou dost, they will also try to murder thine character.

VI. Thou shalt not post anything sexually graphic,
or link to any sexually graphic pages. Homosexuality is right out!

VII. Stealing loot in the IC is permitted. However, stealing comic ideas is not.
Borrowing comic ideas with the approval of the person who came up with them is fine and encouraged.

VIII. Thou shalt have fun.

IX. Thou shalt not write one-liner posts, but shall keep it at a minimum of two paragraphs.
Two, being the optimal number, but it can proceed directly onto three.
Or five. Just no one-liners, please.

X. The OP has the right to ban any player and kill off any character.
If any punishments are to be given, these are decided at the whims of the OP

RP MECHANICS - NO, NOT GUYS WHO FIX THINGS, BUT HOW THINGS WORK HERE
-LOOT. To help keep things funny, the mechanics of this RP will be a little different. Expect your character to start off with pretty much nothing cool. But as you go, for each monster you defeat, you'll get loot. Or you may find loot. Or you may end up taking loot from other characters. However that works, I as the OP will telegraph each of you as to what you get. (Or I will just telegraph you if you get something funny). Please, please, do not respond to these telegraphs back to me with another telegraph. I know you will laugh at them. Just, my inbox will get really cluttered with emoji posts of the face laughing and it may prove to be too much. You can refer to what you got in the OOC page. And you can then reveal what you got in your own IC posts if you wish. Or not. Maybe you want to keep your loot hidden instead of showing it off. However, I do this for comedic purposes. That is, most of the loot you get will be funny stuff, so you probably will want to mention it in your IC posts. Up to you I guess.

-DEFEAT. Yes, you can and may be defeated by any or all of the monsters you fight. You will have a chance to run away, unless you're judged by the OP as being more pathetic than the monster you're fighting. Then, bad stuff will happen to you. Bad stuff, decided by the OP and announced in subsequent IC posts after you try running away.

-DEATH. Yep. Death. The big end. Meeting your maker. Kicking the bucket. Sleeping with the fishes. Pushing up daisies. And a bunch of other names for it. Your characters CAN and probably WILL die in this RP. What? What's that? You don't think that's very funny? You liked your characters? Relax. In Munchkin, death isn't the end-all, be-all. Almost all the time, you get resurrected. (The only time you won't be resurrected is if for your own self-serving interests whatever reason, you decide you've had it with this RP and want to leave. Or if the OP thinks you are in need of punishment, fine. You'll die and not rise again. But otherwise, you will live again! (*Heroic and quasi-religious music plays in the background). Just, everybody comes and loots your body and takes all your cool stuff away. Yep. You lose it all. Everything you were relying on, everything you liked. Gone. Then you pop back up to life, newly resurrected, but need to get more things. (And I as the OP will let you get some new things, not necessarily equal to what you lost, but some things. Again, all dependent on the whims of the OP). This may become important as the plot advances.

PLOT? YOU MEAN THERE IS ACTUALLY A PLOT?
The game of Munchkin has no real plot. It's just hack, slash, hack some more, slash some more, run away a few times, get some loot, share the loot, and send a wandering monster to help fight your friends acquaintances teammates rivals who are gaining in experience. All while laughing.

However, this RP is more than just the game of Munchkin. This RP does have a plot! (*Thunderous reverberations echo across P2TM). What will the plot be like? Well, I could tell you. But that would be revealing too much. So to save my thunder, suffice it to say that you will all start in a tavern in a certain, small village. And after a brief introduction post, you will all be striking out to make it big in the world of adventuring - kind of as a group, kind of not - to make your fortune and become the warrior / cleric / wizard / thief / bard / other stereotypical fantasy class of your dreams. Unless you have really boring dreams, and then it may actually be more than you dreamed. And if you don't dream? Well, you can most definitely advance beyond nothingness. Maybe. Probably. Maybe it's probable. Oh well. Just apply and find out.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, HERE IS THE APPLICATION
Code: Select all
 (Please delete all in parentheses).

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
(I would ask what alignment you are, but in [i]Munchkin[/i], everyone is out for himself and will go against their allies, so...)
[b]Desired Class:[/b] (Your character won't start out as such, but this is something your character would like to attain to.  It doesn't mean you will necessarily keep that class or hold that class to the end.  And if you don't have any desire to be something here, I guess you have no class.  Which probably isn't new to you.  It must hurt on getting potential dates.  But I'm not going to laugh at you behind your back.  Really.  You can trust me.  Right?   ;) ).

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[align=center][img](Put your image here, or if you don't have an image, delete this line and describe your look)[/img][/align]

Bio: (2-3 paragraphs are fine.  Or give a link to something hopefully recent.)

[b]Writing Ability[/b] ([i]beginner, intermediate, advanced[/i]):
[b]How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here?[/b] -
[b]RP sample[/b] ([i]link to the post you want to be considered[/i]):
[hr][/hr]

[i](The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)[/i]

[b]Describe yourself[/b] -
[b]What are your goals for the future? [/b]-
[b]What are you carrying?[/b] -
[b]Why do you kind of suck? [/b]-
[b]Do you have any strengths?  Any?[/b] -
[b]Any natural enemies you have?[/b] -
[b]Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? [/b]-

[size=5]Leave for reference: THWACKTHEDWARF[/size]
Last edited by Talchyon on Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Cast List for MUNCHKIN - Otherwise known as fellow players, compatriots, rivals

PLAYER CHARACTERS
  • Zjaum - Vubra Vyi Roiverai
    - Giant Dwarf Lady who wants to be a rogue, doesn't speak the common tongue, killed her family, and sports a beard like all Dwarven women should.
  • Pax Nerdvana - Joe Reynolds
    - If luck were a lady, she'd have already left with someone other than Joe. This warrior with the strange name from not around these parts has a not-so-great track record when it comes to combat victory. But he's still alive! And ready to find loot!
  • Nuridia - Theodosia Arden
    - What would happen if Madame Hooch from Harry Potter and Johnny One-Note had had a child. That's right. A broom-flying mage who can only do one thing.
  • The Valyria Empire - Sir Richard of House Armored, or, "Armour-Kun"
    - Not even elbow grease can get that cursed armor off. Oh yeah, and even if it doesn't sound like it, Richard has a lot to say.
  • The Valyria Empire - Julia Uyrph Kurima Zephyr IV (Or just Julia for short).
    - A 14-year old teenage girl, of the ancient, powerful clan of magic users, whose main "magic" abilities seem to be getting jobs passing as a wizard, and translating Richard.
  • Lady Dominator - Dee. That's it. Just Dee
    -It's her world with all her stuff. The rest of us are just using it. Temporarily, until this green elf-lady takes it "back".
  • Nations United for Conquest - The Stranger
    - "Hmm. Let's see his resume. Death... death... more death... burning village... oh yeah, another death... Yep. Seems like we got ourselves a sadist no, I mean our new cleric no, how about just an adventurer who's wit is just as killer as his blade.
  • Varola - Archibald McCrunchie
    - From hired help to head knight. With a rusty sword and a bag of holes full of things that Col. Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame uses. Hey, it could happen.
  • Shwe Tu Colony - Red Queen Alexandria
    - The most powerful piece on the chessboard is not so tough in real life. But she's noble, in more than one sense of the word.

IMPORTANT NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS

• Name: Schlep Arenth III
    Species: Human
    Sex: Male
    (I would ask what alignment you are, but in Munchkin, everyone is out for himself and will go against their allies, so...)
    Desired Class: Warrior

Appearance: Schlep looks like a 98 lb. weakling soaking wet. Thin, toothpick arms, spindly legs, greasy hair. Definitely a future warrior. Wears an apron folded over at the waist because he works clean-up at the town tavern.

Bio: Schlep Arenth had always wanted to get the glory. In his childhood, he was always trying to get pick-up jousting tournaments going, even if he was always knocked off the poor broken-down horse that he had ridden. And in addition, since a youth, he had dreamed of the day of becoming a warrior. Fighting for trust, justice, and maybe a few respectable nods and fawning over him by the various maidens his age. But alas. Schlep has no combat skills, no readiness, and only squeaks by because he works clean-up hours at the town tavern.

But all that is going to change. Schlep's ears have been full of adventure from one of the regulars at the tavern, the one the others roll their eyes at. This man has seen nothing in Schlep that should turn him away from being an adventurer! Of course, getting those magically-endowed items would sure help him...

Writing Ability: I am the OP. I have to accept my own writing ability regardless.
    How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here? - A good amount to start. Towards mid-Feb. until April, I will be busier.
    RP sample (link to the post you want to be considered): Again, I am the OP. And I am familiar with all of my writings in the past.

(The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe yourself - "You always hear of those legends, the guys with the golden sword or the dragonscale armor who have slain the nasty monster of whatever kind. Those guys always get the glory. Guys like me? Dishwasher man? Boy who cleans up after the drunks in the tavern? I've never heard an epic poem or ballad sung about those guys! Sadly, that's me."
    What are your goals for the future? - "One of these days, I'm going to leave this job and go on an adventure! And then, I'll come back with magic weapons, and magic armor, and if I have enough gold, I can buy this lousy tavern! One of these days. Mark my words."
    What are you carrying? - My trusty apron that keeps my legs from getting slop on them. Oh! And I found a pot that I can swing at monsters until I get my first real sword and armor!
    Why do you kind of suck? - Looks sullen. "Nobody's wanted to see me fight. It's always, 'Schlep, go clean that up. Schlep, we need more plates. Schlep, wash more dishes.' I'll show 'em."
    Do you have any strengths? Any? - Ha. That's a good one.
    Any natural enemies you have? - Maybe surly drunks.
    Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? - "What, just because you think my lack of combat experience is a flaw, doesn't mean I agree with you."

[size=5]Leave for reference: THWACKTHEDWARF
    - Schlep is a 98 lb. weakling soaking wet human. Formerly was the dishwasher at the tavern where this all started. A gloryhound for all gloryhounds.
  • Name: Harless (pronounced, Har-LESSSS) Osgrin.
    Species: Dwarf
    Sex: Male
    (I would ask what alignment you are, but in Munchkin, everyone is out for himself and will go against their allies, so...)
    Desired Class: Harless wants to be one of the highest level Dwarf mages there has ever been. And since there have been so few, that means the bar is set pretty low for him.

Appearance: Short, like most dwarves. Bearded, like all dwarves. Red, curly hair gilds his head. For his beard, however, Harless has trimmed it up, neat and proper, as if he were to be a male model in a style magazine who had gone a day or two after shaving. Strong and muscular, like all dwarves. However, instead of donning crafted metal armors, Harless goes around in several outfits of wizard robes, and always seems to make the wizards' robes look cutting edge and stylish. He is constantly checking his appearance.

Bio: Harless Osgrin was born to a family of stout, Dwarven miners who lived the middle-class, blue collar life to the extreme. But, Harless never fit in with the other dwarves. While they were out learning how to mine platinum out of the deepest veins in a mountain, Harless was reading up on the adventures of wizards. And also reading the equivalent of style magazines, like DGQ, or, "Dwarven Gentlemen's Quarterly."

He's already mastered a few spells, too. Like, the spell that makes a shimmering, blue-lit comb that combs his hair and trims his beard. Or, don't forget his magic mirror. That is, Harless can magically create a mirror that fits in the palm of his hand, so that he can check out his hair and make sure he looks good in case some wandering artist came by and wanted to paint his portrait. However, this mirror's only use is for self-grooming, and not for anything else remotely involved in combat.

Harless has spent many a night at the small town tavern, where his nonchalance and general good looks have caught the eye of the wenches. Somehow or other, he bumped into Schlep and became kind of a sounding board for the glory hound. Now, wherever Schlep goes, Harless comes along too - even though he isn't quite as concerned with everything that comes along with adventure.

Writing Ability: Again, I'm the OP, so...
    How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here? - Enough time to OP this and have fun.
    RP sample: Any of my posts from Infinites will work. Or, all of them combined work too.

(The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe yourself - "There are some who wear the robes of deep sorcery, and they just look drab. Like, they have no concern about what they look like? Not me. If there was ever going to be a guy who could bring a new flare to wizard robes, that would yours truly. I don't think it's something magical about the garments themselves. I just think I can make anything look good."

What are your goals for the future? - "One of these years, I want to be the cover model on the periodical, Dwarven Gentleman's Quarterly. And I want to do it, with my mage attire and not like those models who are the stereotypical Dwarves. You know the type. Horns on their helmets. Beards down to the floor. Hefty axes. Yeah. So not me. I'm trying to rock the fashion scene by the many different ways I can wear wizard robes. And so far, it's going well. But, to become the most stylish Dwarf wizard, I actually have to become a wizard. And since going on an adventure seems like the best way to do that, I guess I'm signing up."

What are you carrying? - "Got my wand. Some oils that both make your complexion shine clearly, as well as giving body and life to limp hair. A spellbook with my two spells and a whole lot of room for others. And that's about it."

Why do you kind of suck? - "I just don't see the point in getting your hands all bloody when you just look nice. I'd prefer it if these bug-eyed monsters we have to fight would just be starstruck at my incredible fashion sense, and then I wouldn't have to fight them, I could just take their magic items and all would be great."

Do you have any strengths? Any? - "I never have a bad hair day. And, I got flare even for the wizard robes that I wear. Sometimes I experiment with my robes, so as to look like the latest from my stylistic magazines that come out. But it always comes out high class, if you follow what I'm trying to say."

Any natural enemies you have? - "Only the jealous types. Maybe my parents sometimes."

Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? - "No, babe. I'm good. I don't listen to anyone that says I'm narcissistic."

Leave for reference: THWACKTHEDWARF
    - Harless is a not-so-typical dwarf who wants to be a wizard, and always wears his robes so as to mimic (or possibly set) current fashion trends. His beard is more like a model's than a dwarf's. The two spells he begins with that will never be removed is his ability to create a mystic comb that styles his hair just right, and then a magic mirror which is basically like a small compact that can be summoned out of nothingness and dissipates when he's done.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 am, edited 15 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Reserved. Maybe I'll use this to put down a list of the revealed magic items characters end up having...
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:59 pm

I love the board game. I'm in! I'll try to get an app after Sunday.
Last edited by Pax Nerdvana on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I love the board game. I'm in! I'll try to get an app after Sunday.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing your app. This should be fun.

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:22 pm

So... a fantasy Infinites, then? Eh, sure, why not. Tag.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Hmm...
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I love the board game. I'm in! I'll try to get an app after Sunday.

It'll probably be Monday or Tuesday.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

It'll probably be Monday or Tuesday.

No problem. I'll try to get a sample app up. Dibs on the name, "Schlep".

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Zjaum wrote:So... a fantasy Infinites, then? Eh, sure, why not. Tag.

Yes and no. The humor I hope is just as funny. But there are some differences. With Infinites, the characters start off as lame and stay as lame, trying to help each other out and come together as a team so that their lameness together wins the day. With Munchkin, the characters start off as lame, but end up as powerful due to the magic treasures they get. Plus, the end goal is going to be everyone trying to look out for his own hide at the expense of everyone else, even if you have to band together at the beginning to do it.

I also am planning on having a theme develop with a major NPC character who is Machiavellian and is trying to manipulate their way into kingdoms. And this NPC has plans on your character. Kind of. Tentative, quasi-plans that may turn out. And who knows? You may just agree with this NPC and want to help them out.

So, hopefully it's enough of a difference between the two groups. Though again, I hope the humor is just as funny if not more.

-Talc

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Zjaum wrote:So... a fantasy Infinites, then? Eh, sure, why not. Tag.

Yes and no. The humor I hope is just as funny. But there are some differences. With Infinites, the characters start off as lame and stay as lame, trying to help each other out and come together as a team so that their lameness together wins the day. With Munchkin, the characters start off as lame, but end up as powerful due to the magic treasures they get. Plus, the end goal is going to be everyone trying to look out for his own hide at the expense of everyone else, even if you have to band together at the beginning to do it.

I also am planning on having a theme develop with a major NPC character who is Machiavellian and is trying to manipulate their way into kingdoms. And this NPC has plans on your character. Kind of. Tentative, quasi-plans that may turn out. And who knows? You may just agree with this NPC and want to help them out.

So, hopefully it's enough of a difference between the two groups. Though again, I hope the humor is just as funny if not more.

-Talc

So, from Gremlin to DAKKA DAKKA WAAAAARGH!, then?
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Zjaum wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

-Talc

So, from Gremlin to DAKKA DAKKA WAAAAARGH!, then?

Um. Sure. (whispers quietly to myself, "Zjaum has some bizarre influences sometimes and I don't know what the heck he's trying to say with this...") I mean, cough cough, that's exactly what I was thinking. :blink:

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm truly only in one active RP right now and it's painfully slow, I've been debating for a few days whether or not to get into a new one. It's been pretty boring and this looks kinda fun...I'll tag.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 am

Name: Vubra Vyi Roiverai
Species: Giant Dwarf
Sex: Female
Desired Class: Rogue

Appearance: 

ImageImage

Bio:
Vubra Vyi Roiverai (literally, "Pretty Coin Bigfoot" in her native language) was born and raised in a dwarf mining colony. The legend says she came across a special gemstone while digging in the mines, but the truth of the matter was that her growth spurt hit her hard. Regardless, she was sent into a mining shaft with everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) and got stuck trying to leave through the dwarf-size tunnels, accidentally trapping everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) inside. The dwarves on the outside couldn't get her out but was able to feed her fine enough. Good for her, but it also meant that everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) had to starve to death, in the worst conditions possible: having to smell and tolerate everything that came out a giant dwarf's... you know.

The mining company tried to hack through what was practically bedrock, but major projects weren't easy to start, especially with the bureaucracy of Corporate A-munch-ri-kin (eh, tried to make that joke work. It failed. Leaving it in anyways). Long story short, the project took about a month, which saved poor Vubra but not everyone she knew and loved. What a way to go at that: starving and surrounded by dung. She swore from then on that she would try to fit into every crevice that a dwarf could. And what better way to try this than be a thief! There were, in fact, half a dozen better ways, but Vubra wasn't (and still isn't) all that incredibly bright, particularly when it comes to making plans. She went to go steal from goblins but got caught many, many, times. Many, many times. She wasn't able to successfully steal anything, so she usually just got slaps on the wrist (she got calluses on her wrists as a direct result).

Finally, the goblins just tried banishing Vubra; she was simply too much of a nuisance on the goblin judicial system. It took an equally large goblin government project to expel Vubra from the tunnels, but it did give the giant dwarf girl her first glimpse of sunlight. It blinded her for a good solid week and a half, but at least she was at the same elevation of people her size. While technically she was a foot taller than the average elf, she only had to rampage and terrorize her way through the village of halflings to get to the nearest elf colony! And that is where we leave Vubra until the beginning of the role play, learning proper sanitation habits from the elves.

Writing Ability: Eh, advanced.
How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here?: Enough for reliability
RP sample: The Infinites or Mutant Ascension. Pick one.

Well, I wish this was a human-sized application rather than a munchkin-sized application. The writing is so small here!

Describe yourself- Well, I enjoy fitting into tight spaces. It makes me feel like home... a few teardrops on the application found here
What are your goals for the future? - Well, I want to be able to fit in small spaces. Perhaps learn this thing from the elves called "hygiene."
What are you carrying?- Well, my dwarf clothes are too small, and my elf clothes are too thin, so a combination of each. Plus a hodgepodge of tools and gems.
Why do you kind of suck? - Well, I killed all my friends and family. Does that count?... It was an accident, okay?
Do you have any strengths?  Any?- Well, does a slight height advantage over dwarves and halflings count, or is that just the default setting? If so, that.
Any natural enemies you have?- Well, the goblins seem to have it in for me, and the dwarves are angry for all the work I caused them...
Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? - Well, I stink a little, but I'm getting better.
Oh, right, and I can't speak English. I can only write it.

Last edited by Zjaum on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:31 am

"Magically endowed", *snickers immaturely*, heh... Shame I can't use satanic arts though. I haven't played Munchkin, but I've read Order of the Stick and Oglaf, so I know I'll like this.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:15 am

Barapam wrote:"Magically endowed", *snickers immaturely*, heh... Shame I can't use satanic arts though. I haven't played Munchkin, but I've read Order of the Stick and Oglaf, so I know I'll like this.

Play the game. It's so fun. One of the enemies is lawyers. :)
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 am

Tag. I never got to join the Infinities so this looks good. Also, now I’m curious about Munckin, so I’ll definetly check the game out later.

Just curious, is there a character limit? Cause I want to use my standard comedy knight but I also want to do a wannabe wizard.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Tag. I never got to join the Infinities so this looks good. Also, now I’m curious about Munckin, so I’ll definetly check the game out later.

Just curious, is there a character limit? Cause I want to use my standard comedy knight but I also want to do a wannabe wizard.

You know that the Infinites is still ongoing, right?

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 am

Zjaum wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Tag. I never got to join the Infinities so this looks good. Also, now I’m curious about Munckin, so I’ll definetly check the game out later.

You know that the Infinites is still ongoing, right?

Yeah, I know. I just don’t like to join RPs late. They’re already at page 9, which is too far to catch up.

Plus I prefer fantasy comedy over sci-fi.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 am

WIP. I hope it's ok with a former general who's fallen on very hard times after her country was utterly defeated and the armed forces were dissolved (think Wehrmacht post '45 or Iraq post '03).

Name: Alfhild "Skrælingbane", daughter of Sigurdr "Dragonbane", son of Williad "Wolfsbane", son of Alfred "Orcbane", son of Thoralf "Godsbane", son of Meriadoc "Ratbane", son of Alf "Goodeconomybane", etc.
Species: Elf
Desired Class: Warrior. Definitely not a mage. She's tired of playing one.

Appearance:

Bio: (2-3 paragraphs are fine. Or give a link to something hopefully recent.)

Writing Ability: None, I have a pack of trained monkeys that randomly press their keyboards for me instead.
How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here? - It varies, at least once a week.
RP sample: I refuse!

Describe yourself -
What are your goals for the future? -
What are you carrying? -
Why do you kind of suck? -
Do you have any strengths? Any? -
Any natural enemies you have? -
Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? -

Last edited by Barapam on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 am

I'm OK with you doing two characters if you like. And these guys seem like they would fit pretty well. My take on this is as many as you think you can do well, I try to encourage you to do that amount.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

Barapam - Yeah, that character concept is fine. As long as this general is going to start wimpy enough in combat to require asking for help.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm

[quote="Zjaum";p="33404048"]Name: Vubra Vyi Roiverai
Species: Giant Dwarf
Desired Class: Rogue

Appearance: 

Bio:
Vubra Vyi Roiverai (literally, "Pretty Coin Bigfoot" in her native language) was born and raised in a dwarf mining colony. The legend says she came across a special gemstone while digging in the mines, but the truth of the matter was that her growth spurt hit her hard. Regardless, she was sent into a mining shaft with everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) and got stuck trying to leave through the dwarf-size tunnels, accidentally trapping everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) inside. The dwarves on the outside couldn't get her out but was able to feed her fine enough. Good for her, but it also meant that everyone she cared about in the world (family, friends, all that jazz) had to starve to death, in the worst conditions possible: having to smell and tolerate everything that came out a giant dwarf's... you know.

The mining company tried to hack through what was practically bedrock, but major projects weren't easy to start, especially with the bureaucracy of Corporate A-munch-ri-kin (eh, tried to make that joke work. It failed. Leaving it in anyways). Long story short, the project took about a month, which saved poor Vubra but not everyone she knew and loved. What a way to go at that: starving and surrounded by dung. She swore from then on that she would try to fit into every crevice that a dwarf could. And what better way to try this than be a thief! There were, in fact, half a dozen better ways, but Vubra wasn't (and still isn't) all that incredibly bright, particularly when it comes to making plans. She went to go steal from goblins but got caught many, many, times. Many, many times. She wasn't able to successfully steal anything, so she usually just got slaps on the wrist (she got calluses on her wrists as a direct result).

Finally, the goblins just tried banishing Vubra; she was simply too much of a nuisance on the goblin judicial system. It took an equally large goblin government project to expel Vubra from the tunnels, but it did give the giant dwarf girl her first glimpse of sunlight. It blinded her for a good solid week and a half, but at least she was at the same elevation of people her size. While technically she was a foot taller than the average elf, she only had to rampage and terrorize her way through the village of halflings to get to the nearest elf colony! And that is where we leave Vubra until the beginning of the role play, learning proper sanitation habits from the elves.

Writing Ability: Eh, advanced.
How much time do you as a player have to commit to writing posts here?: Enough for reliability
RP sample: The Infinites or Mutant Ascension. Pick one.

Well, I wish this was a human-sized application rather than a munchkin-sized application. The writing is so small here!

Describe yourself- Well, I enjoy fitting into tight spaces. It makes me feel like home... a few teardrops on the application found here
What are your goals for the future? - Well, I want to be able to fit in small spaces. Perhaps learn this thing from the elves called "hygiene."
What are you carrying?- Well, my dwarf clothes are too small, and my elf clothes are too thin, so a combination of each. Plus a hodgepodge of tools and gems.
Why do you kind of suck? - Well, I killed all my friends and family. Does that count?... It was an accident, okay?
Do you have any strengths?  Any?- Well, does a slight height advantage over dwarves and halflings count, or is that just the default setting? If so, that.
Any natural enemies you have?- Well, the goblins seem to have it in for me, and the dwarves are angry for all the work I caused them...
Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? - Well, I stink a little, but I'm getting better.
Oh, right, and I can't speak English. I can only write it.

[/quotes]

Hey Zjaum. This is looking pretty good. Question though. She can't speak English? Or more like, the common tongue? That could be a problem later on (if you have to bargain with someone to get their help, and how much treasure you will give up).

Also, and this is neither here nor there, but it does make me a little sad that your dwarf lady's picture doesn't have a beard...

Other than that, she looks pretty good.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Hey OP, would a witch and a wizard be considered two separate things or are they the same?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Lady Dominator
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Dominator » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Consider this a tag from someone who's played Munchkin before :twisted:
I plan on going full-on murder hobo. Maybe from being cursed to think most things are enemies...
The Black Hawks Lieutenant

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse