NATION

PASSWORD

2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS [OOC | COBALT NETWORK SPONSORED]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Nations United for Conquest wrote:
Chewion wrote:Ethnically mostly German.

But are you Ethically mostly German?

Ethically
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Wysten
Minister
 
Posts: 2373
Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wysten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 pm

][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - The Palmetto
Nation Name - Republic of Kenya
Roleplay example link -
Capital - Nairobi
Type of Government - Unitary presidential constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - President Rail Odinga
Image of Leader - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raila_Odinga
Party in Power [HAS TO HAVE 75%+ MEMBERS AS THE LARGEST PARTY IN AT LEAST ONE HOUSE IN THEIR MODERN LEGISLATURE] - NASA
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown - 83% Christian, 11.2% Islam, 1.7% Traditionalists, the rest are either other or unaffiliated.
Flag - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Kenya
National Anthem - "Ee Mungu Nguvu Yetu"

Public Goals - Maintain a stable democratic system, build up infrastructure with the help of foreign nations, improve ties with China but keep relations with the U.K. and India warm, raise the GDP and average income while also fighting unemployment, and unite the EAC as a single country.
Private Goals - Grow the military and become the most powerful nation in East Africa. Destabilize the DRC in Swahili speaking regions and force it to dissolve, then occupy and annex the Swahili states in order to secure the vast reserves of copper, tin, and other resources, and get NATO/Indian help.

Total military size - 24,120 active personnel, no reserves.
Breakdown of ground sector - 19,300 Men, 76 combat tanks, 591 AFVS, 30 Self-propelled artillery units, and 25 towed artillery
Breakdown of naval sector - 700 Men 2 patrol vessels, 2 large patrol boats, 3 missile boats, 2 LSMs, 1 jet boat, 1 RHIB, 5 IPVs, 2 personnsel tenders, 1 harbour tug.
Breakdown of airforce sector - 4,120 Men, 17 combat fighters, 1 surveillance/light transport craft, 32 transport craft, 73 helicopters, 32 trainer aircraft
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Spain, U.K., Canada, USA
Extra military information - Several thousand British soldiers train in Kenya each year.


Currency - East African shilling. 1 East African shilling = 0.01 American dollars.
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - (Currency does not exist irl, would need some help figuring out)
Major import/export partners - Other EAC members, USA, U.K., Netherlands, Zambia, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, India, China, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.

Major Domestic Issues - Tribalism, crime, corruption, instability.
Major Foreign Issues - Relations with the DRC are deteriorating as a result of the Kivu conflict.

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION -Note: NASA refers to the Kenyan National Super Alliance.

Kenya has almost always been inhabited by African tribes, but the most important influence to them and the rest of East Africa, which would serve as a bond to hold them together, would be the introduction and spread of the Swahili language and culture from Arab traders and the rich Swahili city-states. It would spread with the trade into inner East Africa, and soon become the common trade lingua franca in the whole of the region, further accelerated as time went on by British infrastructure and later efforts by the EAC to further its use as a language.

One of the most important events in Kenyan history, and perhaps the true start of Kenyan history, began with the establishment of the British East Africa Protectorate in 1895. The land was a concession from the Sultanate of Zanzibar, and the borders set by the British would define the borders for the future Republic of Kenya. The BEAP was initially ran by the British East Africa company, however, it would fail to properly manage the colony, and would become a direct British protectorate later, and a colony in 1920. (There was a coastal strip that was an ‘independent’ protectorate, however, it was still administered as if it were part of the colony.)

The British protectorate over Kenya would affect the natives in many ways, almost all of them being viewed as negative. The British would build infrastructure and send missionaries, which would lead to the nation becoming majority Christian, and overall, the British occupation would lead to the formation of a single national identity. However, the British made a profit exploiting the natives and the resources of Kenya, bleeding it of money and resources to feed the mainland rather than develop Kenya proper. The infrastructure built was either for settlers or for exploitation, and would not serve the natives well. The British colony would attract both white and Indian settlers, and the country still has a small minority of whites and a small minority of Indians from the Raj. Both of these groups are rich and privileged, however, and are often said to have stolen jobs from native Kenyans. Of course, this meant that British rule was unpopular, and definitely not to be there forever.

These feelings of anti-British sentiment would flare up after WW2, culminating in the Mau Mau Uprising, an insurgency against British rule by several native groups. Though the rebellion failed, it showed that British colonial rule was becoming unsustainable. In response to this, the British gave into the demands of the peaceful Kenyan African Union, an organization lead by Jomo Kenyatte which advocated for greater self-governance for Kenya. Under the pressure of the UN and other groups like the KAU, the British would leave Kenya, and the country would become independent in 1963.

With their first free elections, Jomo Kenyatta would become the first prime minister and immediately after, the first president of Kenya. This would cement the influence that the Kenyattas would have in the nations politics, and the parties they would align with. As far as Africa goes, Kenya would do well for itself, developing one of the highest gdps and qualities of life in Sub-Saharan Africa. They would attract both British and Chinese investment, and remain somewhat stable, never entering a civil war once, even if they would come close in 2007 and 2008. However, they were definitely far from perfect.

The president of Kenya from 2013 to 2024, Uhuru Kenyatta, would catch himself in the middle of many alleged abuses of power , for example, several media blackouts would occur in the country after his election to office, and he and his supporters would crack down on opposition to him and the Jubilee Party. This would cause his popularity, once the third highest in all of Africa, to plummet, and cause many people to move their support to NASA, the National Super Alliance. In the 2024 elections, the world would be struck by surprise as the Jubilee Party presidential candidate William Ruto lost to Raila Odinga. Though previous mending of ties in 2018 helped to avoid violence on the scale of the 2007-2008 crisis, the country has still faced considerable risks to instability, especially since support for different parties can rely on one’s ethnicity, a keen issue caused by Kenya’s widespread tribalism. Though Kenya’s future looks bright, it may be clouded by hatred if these problems are not solved.

Before independence, the colony of Kenya was economically close to its fellow British colonies of Uganda and Tanganyika (modern day Tanzania), having close political and economic ties within the empire and sharing a currency. They even formed a colonial union, the EAHC. They were originally going to become independent as a single federation, with Tanganyika even offering to delay their independence to make it happen, but unfortunately, they did not unify, and the shared currency was replaced. However, the foundation of the East African Community with the plans of instating a single currency and forming a federation would work to rekindle the fire of unification, with Rwanda, Burundi, and South Sudan even joining. With a new currency having been planned for 2024, but being implemented in 2025 due to delays, it looks like the EAC may soon unify.

Kenya had always tried to be a supporter of Pan-Africanism, remaining friendly to all of their neighbors. This would be complicated in 2020, however, when the Kivu conflict in the Eastern DRC escalated into a diplomatic crisis after rumors of Rwandan support for the rebels was confirmed, and concerns for Ugandan and Burundian support grew. The government of Kenya was forced to choose between their closely integrated allies and ties to the Congo and reputation in the African Union, and ultimately, Kenya chose to side with their allies, ceasing to assist the DRC in keeping the peace in the country and slowly cutting off other ties with them, though they are yet to actually help the rebels. Though the Congolese government hoped that the new ruling party would change their support, Raila Odinga has only commented that he hopes for peace and self-determination in the Congo.[/box]
Last edited by Wysten on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
Paste this in your Sig if you passed Biology and know Gender and Sex are the same thing ♀♂
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.
Gun, Right wing, Conservative, Pro life, Ben Shapiro, Israel
liberals, alt right, milo, feminism, Political Islam

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:01 am

Kenya has a party named NASA?
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 am

Pimps Inc wrote:Kenya has a party named NASA?

Yeah they do.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 am

Wysten wrote:[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - The Palmetto
Nation Name - Republic of Kenya
Roleplay example link -
Capital - Nairobi
Type of Government - Unitary presidential constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - President Rail Odinga
Image of Leader - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raila_Odinga
Party in Power [HAS TO HAVE 75%+ MEMBERS AS THE LARGEST PARTY IN AT LEAST ONE HOUSE IN THEIR MODERN LEGISLATURE] - NASA
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown - 83% Christian, 11.2% Islam, 1.7% Traditionalists, the rest are either other or unaffiliated.
Flag - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Kenya
National Anthem - "Ee Mungu Nguvu Yetu"

Public Goals - Maintain a stable democratic system, build up infrastructure with the help of foreign nations, improve ties with China but keep relations with the U.K. and India warm, raise the GDP and average income while also fighting unemployment, and unite the EAC as a single country.
Private Goals - Grow the military and become the most powerful nation in East Africa. Destabilize the DRC in Swahili speaking regions and force it to dissolve, then occupy and annex the Swahili states in order to secure the vast reserves of copper, tin, and other resources, and get NATO/Indian help.

Total military size - 24,120 active personnel, no reserves.
Breakdown of ground sector - 19,300 Men, 76 combat tanks, 591 AFVS, 30 Self-propelled artillery units, and 25 towed artillery
Breakdown of naval sector - 700 Men 2 patrol vessels, 2 large patrol boats, 3 missile boats, 2 LSMs, 1 jet boat, 1 RHIB, 5 IPVs, 2 personnsel tenders, 1 harbour tug.
Breakdown of airforce sector - 4,120 Men, 17 combat fighters, 1 surveillance/light transport craft, 32 transport craft, 73 helicopters, 32 trainer aircraft
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Spain, U.K., Canada, USA
Extra military information - Several thousand British soldiers train in Kenya each year.


Currency - East African shilling. 1 East African shilling = 0.01 American dollars.
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - (Currency does not exist irl, would need some help figuring out)
Major import/export partners - Other EAC members, USA, U.K., Netherlands, Zambia, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, India, China, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.

Major Domestic Issues - Tribalism, crime, corruption, instability.
Major Foreign Issues - Relations with the DRC are deteriorating as a result of the Kivu conflict.

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION -Note: NASA refers to the Kenyan National Super Alliance.

Kenya has almost always been inhabited by African tribes, but the most important influence to them and the rest of East Africa, which would serve as a bond to hold them together, would be the introduction and spread of the Swahili language and culture from Arab traders and the rich Swahili city-states. It would spread with the trade into inner East Africa, and soon become the common trade lingua franca in the whole of the region, further accelerated as time went on by British infrastructure and later efforts by the EAC to further its use as a language.

One of the most important events in Kenyan history, and perhaps the true start of Kenyan history, began with the establishment of the British East Africa Protectorate in 1895. The land was a concession from the Sultanate of Zanzibar, and the borders set by the British would define the borders for the future Republic of Kenya. The BEAP was initially ran by the British East Africa company, however, it would fail to properly manage the colony, and would become a direct British protectorate later, and a colony in 1920. (There was a coastal strip that was an ‘independent’ protectorate, however, it was still administered as if it were part of the colony.)

The British protectorate over Kenya would affect the natives in many ways, almost all of them being viewed as negative. The British would build infrastructure and send missionaries, which would lead to the nation becoming majority Christian, and overall, the British occupation would lead to the formation of a single national identity. However, the British made a profit exploiting the natives and the resources of Kenya, bleeding it of money and resources to feed the mainland rather than develop Kenya proper. The infrastructure built was either for settlers or for exploitation, and would not serve the natives well. The British colony would attract both white and Indian settlers, and the country still has a small minority of whites and a small minority of Indians from the Raj. Both of these groups are rich and privileged, however, and are often said to have stolen jobs from native Kenyans. Of course, this meant that British rule was unpopular, and definitely not to be there forever.

These feelings of anti-British sentiment would flare up after WW2, culminating in the Mau Mau Uprising, an insurgency against British rule by several native groups. Though the rebellion failed, it showed that British colonial rule was becoming unsustainable. In response to this, the British gave into the demands of the peaceful Kenyan African Union, an organization lead by Jomo Kenyatte which advocated for greater self-governance for Kenya. Under the pressure of the UN and other groups like the KAU, the British would leave Kenya, and the country would become independent in 1963.

With their first free elections, Jomo Kenyatta would become the first prime minister and immediately after, the first president of Kenya. This would cement the influence that the Kenyattas would have in the nations politics, and the parties they would align with. As far as Africa goes, Kenya would do well for itself, developing one of the highest gdps and qualities of life in Sub-Saharan Africa. They would attract both British and Chinese investment, and remain somewhat stable, never entering a civil war once, even if they would come close in 2007 and 2008. However, they were definitely far from perfect.

The president of Kenya from 2013 to 2024, Uhuru Kenyatta, would catch himself in the middle of many alleged abuses of power , for example, several media blackouts would occur in the country after his election to office, and he and his supporters would crack down on opposition to him and the Jubilee Party. This would cause his popularity, once the third highest in all of Africa, to plummet, and cause many people to move their support to NASA, the National Super Alliance. In the 2024 elections, the world would be struck by surprise as the Jubilee Party presidential candidate William Ruto lost to Raila Odinga. Though previous mending of ties in 2018 helped to avoid violence on the scale of the 2007-2008 crisis, the country has still faced considerable risks to instability, especially since support for different parties can rely on one’s ethnicity, a keen issue caused by Kenya’s widespread tribalism. Though Kenya’s future looks bright, it may be clouded by hatred if these problems are not solved.

Before independence, the colony of Kenya was economically close to its fellow British colonies of Uganda and Tanganyika (modern day Tanzania), having close political and economic ties within the empire and sharing a currency. They even formed a colonial union, the EAHC. They were originally going to become independent as a single federation, with Tanganyika even offering to delay their independence to make it happen, but unfortunately, they did not unify, and the shared currency was replaced. However, the foundation of the East African Community with the plans of instating a single currency and forming a federation would work to rekindle the fire of unification, with Rwanda, Burundi, and South Sudan even joining. With a new currency having been planned for 2024, but being implemented in 2025 due to delays, it looks like the EAC may soon unify.

Kenya had always tried to be a supporter of Pan-Africanism, remaining friendly to all of their neighbors. This would be complicated in 2020, however, when the Kivu conflict in the Eastern DRC escalated into a diplomatic crisis after rumors of Rwandan support for the rebels was confirmed, and concerns for Ugandan and Burundian support grew. The government of Kenya was forced to choose between their closely integrated allies and ties to the Congo and reputation in the African Union, and ultimately, Kenya chose to side with their allies, ceasing to assist the DRC in keeping the peace in the country and slowly cutting off other ties with them, though they are yet to actually help the rebels. Though the Congolese government hoped that the new ruling party would change their support, Raila Odinga has only commented that he hopes for peace and self-determination in the Congo.[/box]


"Nationstates Name - The Palmetto"
Really makes you think.

But accepted
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
The Palmetto
Senator
 
Posts: 4653
Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

Real funny that a country that the average American can't point to on a map almost caused WW3.

Hey Axalis, when's 2077: Post-Apocalyptic Warfare coming out?
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"You can not expel your demons if you still enjoy their company"

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Real funny that a country that the average American can't point to on a map almost caused WW3.

Hey Axalis, when's 2077: Post-Apocalyptic Warfare coming out?

It's 2076 you dumb-dumb.

Working on the mechanics at the moment, map's basically done, my guess is it'll be out on October 10th, 2022.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:Real funny that a country that the average American can't point to on a map almost caused WW3.

Hey Axalis, when's 2077: Post-Apocalyptic Warfare coming out?

It's 2076 you dumb-dumb.

Working on the mechanics at the moment, map's basically done, my guess is it'll be out on October 10th, 2022.

If you’re lying you’re in for a paddling. See you in 3 years.
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Atrilan wrote:It's 2076 you dumb-dumb.

Working on the mechanics at the moment, map's basically done, my guess is it'll be out on October 10th, 2022.

If you’re lying you’re in for a paddling. See you in 3 years.

You'll be too distracted by the Virumaa-Crisis to care
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1325
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks, Creeeemy, that was beautiful. I'm crying.

Aww the mods deleted it
Last edited by Granluras on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:If you’re lying you’re in for a paddling. See you in 3 years.

You'll be too distracted by the Virumaa-Crisis to care

Like Mexico gives a shit about Virumaa
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Atrilan wrote:You'll be too distracted by the Virumaa-Crisis to care

Like Mexico gives a shit about Virumaa

You best or Russia's gonna claim Baja
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Neo Canada
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neo Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 pm

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Neo Canada
Nation Name - Republican
Roleplay example link - I'm afraid I don't have one, my last rp on this site was like 2 years ago or something

Capital - Tashkent
Type of Government - Authoritarian Republic
Head of State(s) - President Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Image of Leader - Image
Party in Power - Liberal Democratic Party
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown - 88.5% Muslims, 9.4% Christians, 0.1% Zoroastrian, 2.0% non religious and others
Flag - Image
National Anthem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DxEnOtsdM

Public Goals - Improve Uzbek living conditions, reduce corruption, stabilize region
Private Goals - Use Uzbek minorities in other countries to control Central Asia's depleting Water resources

Total military size - 80,000 (60,000 active duty, 20,000 reserve)
Breakdown of ground sector - 420 tanks, 744 IFVs, 146 self propelled artillery, 110 rocket projectors
Breakdown of naval sector - Uzbekistan is landlocked
Breakdown of airforce sector - 75 fighters, 90 attack craft, 88 transport, 6 trainers, 30 attack helicopters
Major foreign military suppliers - Russia, China, America, Israel
Extra military information - N/A


Currency - Uzbec Som
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 USD = 8,346.2 UBS
Major import/export partners - Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Tajikistan, Iran, Turkmenistan

Major Domestic Issues - Corruption, general shitty living conditions, upcoming water shortages, lack of domestic oil production
Major Foreign Issues - Uzbek minorities in other countries, regional competition for water

History - Uzbekistan, one of the world's only doubly landlocked countries, has only been a country since the fall of the Soviet Union. However in this short time, Uzbekistan has cemented itself as the juggernaut of Central Asia, with half the regions population and control of the lions share of the fertile Fergana Valley giving it a major edge over it's neighbors. Uzbekistan finds itself perfectly suited for it's region. Everything the country could ever need is located in or around it's borders, and the carved-up nature of said borders place large numbers of Uzbeks in surrounding countries, giving the country the ability to turn the heat up and down in Central Asia at will by using these minorities to stir up domestic issues in it's neighbors.
Last edited by Neo Canada on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nancivania
Minister
 
Posts: 2770
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nancivania » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Neo Canada wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Neo Canada
Nation Name - Republican
Roleplay example link - I'm afraid I don't have one, my last rp on this site was like 2 years ago or something

Capital - Tashkent
Type of Government - Authoritarian Republic
Head of State(s) - President Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Image of Leader - (Image)
Party in Power - Liberal Democratic Party
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown - 88.5% Muslims, 9.4% Christians, 0.1% Zoroastrian, 2.0% non religious and others
Flag - (Image)
National Anthem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DxEnOtsdM

Public Goals - Improve Uzbek living conditions, reduce corruption, stabilize region
Private Goals - Use Uzbek minorities in other countries to control Central Asia's depleting Water resources

Total military size - 80,000 (60,000 active duty, 20,000 reserve)
Breakdown of ground sector - 420 tanks, 744 IFVs, 146 self propelled artillery, 110 rocket projectors
Breakdown of naval sector - Uzbekistan is landlocked
Breakdown of airforce sector - 75 fighters, 90 attack craft, 88 transport, 6 trainers, 30 attack helicopters
Major foreign military suppliers - Russia, China, America, Israel
Extra military information - N/A


Currency - Uzbec Som
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 USD = 8,346.2 UBS
Major import/export partners - Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Tajikistan, Iran, Turkmenistan

Major Domestic Issues - Corruption, general shitty living conditions, upcoming water shortages, lack of domestic oil production
Major Foreign Issues - Uzbek minorities in other countries, regional competition for water

History - Uzbekistan, one of the world's only doubly landlocked countries, has only been a country since the fall of the Soviet Union. However in this short time, Uzbekistan has cemented itself as the juggernaut of Central Asia, with half the regions population and control of the lions share of the fertile Fergana Valley giving it a major edge over it's neighbors. Uzbekistan finds itself perfectly suited for it's region. Everything the country could ever need is located in or around it's borders, and the carved-up nature of said borders place large numbers of Uzbeks in surrounding countries, giving the country the ability to turn the heat up and down in Central Asia at will by using these minorities to stir up domestic issues in it's neighbors.

I believe a little more under "history" as well as your PM would make this app acceptible

Also a heads up, Khazashistan is in a civil war and is being invaded by Russia atm
National Information
Leader - King Marton II
Capital - Orka
Population - 65,351,804 est
Currency - Wakka
Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - Republic of India
Sunset Invasion (planned) - Aztec Empire
Beyond The Void (planned) - Escojian Empire
Gandhi's Classical RP (planned) - Empire of India

THE KINGDOM OF NANCIVANIA
COBALT NETWORK VICE-PRESIDENT
Est. 2072

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Like Mexico gives a shit about Virumaa

You best or Russia's gonna claim Baja

If only there was a bigger and northernmost California, a sort of Alta California, they could claim instead.
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Also nation name is listed as “Republican”
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1325
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Also nation name is listed as “Republican”

The republicans finally made their own country.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA

User avatar
Zhukovian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 815
Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zhukovian » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 am

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Zhukovian
Image

Nation Name - The Federal Republic of the Phillipnes (Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas)
Roleplay example link - You know me.

Capital - State of Metro Manila
Type of Government - Federal parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Head of State(s) - Manuel Cuevas

Image

Party in Power - People's Reform Party
Executive Title - President (Head of State) and Prime Minister (Head of Government)
Religion Breakdown - 80.58% Christians; 11% Muslim; and other religions.
National Anthem - Lupang Hinirang (Land of Promise)

Public Goals - Improve economy, reduce poverty.
Private Goals - Become a regional power, gain Sabah.

Total military size - 550,000 (Active: 200,000 ; Reserve: 350,000)
Breakdown of ground sector
Combat Tanks - 50
AFVs - 780
Towed Artillery - 270
Breakdown of naval sector
Naval Assets: 125
- 5 Frigates
-3 Destroyers
-10 Corvettes
- 40 Patrol Vessels
Breakdown of airforce sector
Number of aircrafts: 170
-25 Attack
-85 Transports
-25 Trainers
Helicopters: 90
-20 Attack Choppers
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- China, USA, Germany, Israel
Extra military information - Fighthing communist rebels in the mountains for 6 decades plus the experience in fighting the colonizers in the forests has made the Philippine Army an expert in gureilla warfare.


Currency - Philippine Peso
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - $1.00 = Php. 56.00
Major import/export partners - Japan, China, USA, Hong Kong

Major Domestic Issues - Poverty, Corruption, Overpopulation
Major Foreign Issues - Sarawak Crisis, South China Sea Crisis

History
Colonized by Spain for 333 years, the Philippines is greatly influenced by the Western culture, plus a 5-decade rule by the Americans has truly shaped its culture and traditions. For centuries the Filipinos have been fighting off people who wished to undermine their sovereignty, this has made the Filipinos one of the fiercest race on Earth but due to its family-centered culture it is also one of the most caring people, in fact, they are the most sought after group of people for nurses and caregivers in Germany, USA, and the Middle East.

After overthrowing the Marcus Regime which has ruled the country for 21 years, a new constitution was made merging the powers of the Head of State and Head of Government into one title. However, since its foundation in 1898, many Filipinos have advocated for the creation of a Federal Parliamentary, one of whom was President Rodrigo Duterte. He who has immense political will after winning the 2016 election with his supermajority PDP-LABAN pushed for a Charter Change which commences on 2019.

By 2020, after a year of debate and sessions, the Philippine Congress has passed an amendment to the 1987 Constitution which changed the Government type and some provisions which allowed foreign direct investments to flow much easier to the country. Since then, the first President to be elected was Manuel Cuevas, during his tenure as President, he has carried on the works of Duterte such as better environmental policies, massive infrastructure program and many more reforms fo economic efficiency. One of his most controversial international moves was the ratification of the Manila Accords of 2026 which ended the dispute between the Philippines and China.

Currently, the effects of the economic reforms of the Duterte Administration has already beared fruit, with 3 years left in his office the Filipinos are yet to see what other surprises does Cuevas have for them.
National Information
Leader - Gabriel Rösch
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 3.531 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
International Warfare - United Shahdom of Persia
Hogwarts - Knox Blahone, DADA Professor
1885: A World Divided - Spanish Empire
Name -

THE UNITED SOCIALIST STATES OF ZHUKOVIAN
THE RADIANT MINISTER FOR ECONOMY
Est. 2089
Post Modern

User avatar
Greater Redosia
Minister
 
Posts: 3043
Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Greater Redosia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:50 am

Zhukovian wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Zhukovian
Nation Name - The Federal Republic of the Phillipnes (Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas)
Roleplay example link - You know me.

Capital - State of Metro Manila
Type of Government - Federal parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Head of State(s) - Manuel Cuevas

(Image)

Party in Power - People's Reform Party
Executive Title - President (Head of State) and Prime Minister (Head of Government)
Religion Breakdown - 80.58% Christians; 11% Muslim; and other religions.
National Anthem - Lupang Hinirang (Land of Promise)

Public Goals - Improve economy, reduce poverty.
Private Goals - Become a regional power, gain Sabah.

Total military size - 550,000 (Active: 200,000 ; Reserve: 350,000)
Breakdown of ground sector
Combat Tanks - 50
AFVs - 780
Towed Artillery - 270
Breakdown of naval sector
Naval Assets: 125
- 5 Frigates
-3 Destroyers
-10 Corvettes
- 40 Patrol Vessels
Breakdown of airforce sector
Number of aircrafts: 170
-25 Attack
-85 Transports
-25 Trainers
Helicopters: 90
-20 Attack Choppers
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- China, USA, Germany, Israel
Extra military information - Fighthing communist rebels in the mountains for 6 decades plus the experience in fighting the colonizers in the forests has made the Philippine Army an expert in gureilla warfare.


Currency - Philippine Peso
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - $1.00 = Php. 56.00
Major import/export partners - Japan, China, USA, Hong Kong

Major Domestic Issues - Poverty, Corruption, Overpopulation
Major Foreign Issues - Sarawak Crisis, South China Sea Crisis

History
Colonized by Spain for 333 years, the Philippines is greatly influenced by the Western culture, plus a 5-decade rule by the Americans has truly shaped its culture and traditions. For centuries the Filipinos have been fighting off people who wished to undermine their sovereignty, this has made the Filipinos one of the fiercest race on Earth but due to its family-centered culture it is also one of the most caring people, in fact, they are the most sought after group of people for nurses and caregivers in Germany, USA, and the Middle East.

After overthrowing the Marcus Regime which has ruled the country for 21 years, a new constitution was made merging the powers of the Head of State and Head of Government into one title. However, since its foundation in 1898, many Filipinos have advocated for the creation of a Federal Parliamentary, one of whom was President Rodrigo Duterte. He who has immense political will after winning the 2016 election with his supermajority PDP-LABAN pushed for a Charter Change which commences on 2019.

By 2020, after a year of debate and sessions, the Philippine Congress has passed an amendment to the 1987 Constitution which changed the Government type and some provisions which allowed foreign direct investments to flow much easier to the country. Since then, the first President to be elected was Manuel Cuevas, during his tenure as President, he has carried on the works of Duterte such as better environmental policies, massive infrastructure program and many more reforms fo economic efficiency. One of his most controversial international moves was the ratification of the Manila Accords of 2026 which ended the dispute between the Philippines and China.

Currently, the effects of the economic reforms of the Duterte Administration has already beared fruit, with 3 years left in his office the Filipinos are yet to see what other surprises does Cuevas have for them.



Done with being China eh? Well alright, this looks very good. So accepted
Member of the Cobalt Network
Former Minister of Information/Recruitment
Current and Proud President of the Cobalt Network

Want to join? Click here!


Newne Carriebean7 wrote:You will get greatness from me.

RPs I'm currently in:

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:21 am

Reserving China, boys. I'll app after I'm done with my Germany post, should be out this weekend.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1325
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 am

Atrilan wrote:Reserving China, boys. I'll app after I'm done with my Germany post, should be out this weekend.

>:(
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:08 am

Russia is now open, by the way, bois
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1325
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:22 pm

I’m taking initiative and announcing the Vatican is, ironically, not to be touched.
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA

User avatar
Pimps Inc
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9682
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pimps Inc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Granluras wrote:I’m taking initiative and announcing the Vatican is, ironically, not to be touched.

Pius XIII is canon and untouchable you slimy italian
A Border Wall is the Worst Idea, Here's a Better One

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.


No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Waka Flocka Flame 2024

User avatar
Atrilan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5345
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:53 pm

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Atrilan
Image

Nation Name - People's Republic of China
Roleplay example link - This?

Capital - Bejing
Type of Government - Unitary Autocratic Pseudo-Republic
Head of State(s) - Li Keqiang
Image of Leader
Party in Power - Chinese Communist Party
Executive Title - General Secretary
Religion Breakdown
73% - Nonreligious
16% - Buddhism
7% - Folk religions
3% - Christianity
1% - Islam

Flag
National Anthem - Here you are[optional]

Public Goals - To assure China as the world's top economy, establish trade ties with Europe, counter American influence, complete the One Belt One Road
Private Goals - Establish a sphere of Chinese-loyal nations, use ESPO to gain influence in Russia and Central Asia, resist democratization efforts and secure China as the perfect dictatorship of the 21st century, keep India in their place, reclaim Taiwan

Total military size - 4,353,000
Breakdown of ground sector -
9,000 combat tanks;
12,000 AFVs;
2,500 SPA;
8,000 towed artillery;
2,000 MRP
Breakdown of naval sector -
Image

5 aircraft carriers;
5 amphibious transport docks;
31 landing ship tanks;
31 landing ship medium;
34 destroyers;
56 frigates;
37 corvettes;
122 missile boats;
94 submarine chasers;
29 gunboats;
34 mine countermeasure vessels;
78 submarines;
12 replenishment ships;
Breakdown of airforce sector -
1,600 fighters;
1,900 attack;
800 transport;
400 trainers;
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE] - Russia
Extra military information - Hu administration poured funds into R&D, some outdated equipment being sold to compensate

Currency - Yuan
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 CNY > 0.14 USD
Major import/export partners -
IMPORT: United States (9.9%)
South Korea (9.8%)
Japan (9.8%)
Germany (7.0%)
Other Asia (6.5%)

EXPORT:
United States (19%)
Hong Kong (11%)
Japan (6.6%)
Germany (4.4%)
South Korea (3.8%)

Major Domestic Issues - Democratization push by Hu causing the idea to gain traction, Tibet being in a limbo land, lack of economic growth, corporate debt
Major Foreign Issues - American influence in SEA, Indian influence in SEA, the Sarawak Debacle

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION - China had taken a turn in the past several years under the Hu administration. Among several economic policies which have stabilized possible economic collapse, albeit slowed economic progress down in the process, the concept of democratization had gained attractiveness by Hu and his cabinet. They pushed through anti-corruption and liberty laws, which culminated in the Million Man Protest in Beijing, demanding further developments on the field of democratization. Pandora's Box had been opened and, when power seems unstable, insiders will take advantage. Hu was forced out of office not long after the protests began and was replaced with Li Keqiang of the CPP, who accused the former administration of paying off members of the National Assembly to vote in democratization in an effort to "destroy China from the inside."
Last edited by Atrilan on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.


National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
[box]Roleplay Information
2024: Age of Superpowers - People's Republic of China
Green Sahara - PLANNED [Carthage]

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern
Atrilan wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:slowly starts funding baluchistani rebels
Funding rebels with what, China?
I don't think they accept the limp bodies of your citizens as payment.


PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Damverland, Google [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads