NATION

PASSWORD

2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS [OOC | COBALT NETWORK SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:06 pm

I need a Germany and France and Saudi Arabia
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:
I suppose both, really. Two somewhat go hand in hand. I think we could really use some activity in the region between Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Cote d'Ivoire. Someone should really app for a country in that exact spot.

West Africa's pretty overlooked, and of course Latin America. Could be nice to have a Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Germany, and France too. In IE events probably some things in Latin America or Southern Africa could be cool.

Ahh, of course. The issue is that it seems very few people want to go all gung-ho interventionist. Heck, Turkey's in the largest civil war of the century and almost no one's batted an eye. Of course, no reason for a country like Mexico to care too much, but that should still be very important.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 am

The Palmetto wrote:
Atrilan wrote:West Africa's pretty overlooked, and of course Latin America. Could be nice to have a Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Germany, and France too. In IE events probably some things in Latin America or Southern Africa could be cool.

Ahh, of course. The issue is that it seems very few people want to go all gung-ho interventionist. Heck, Turkey's in the largest civil war of the century and almost no one's batted an eye. Of course, no reason for a country like Mexico to care too much, but that should still be very important.

I mean people don't have much of a reason to. You know as well as I that the IEC is figuring how to change that with Turkey, but still. I mean, NATO was about to go mega gung-ho but they didn't because of Sarawak and the player switch.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

I mean people don't have much of a reason to. You know as well as I that the IEC is figuring how to change that with Turkey, but still. I mean, NATO was about to go mega gung-ho but they didn't because of Sarawak and the player switch.

That is a good point, the newer events should shake some interest into it. Though I suppose that brings up a question: which conflict is more important? Both are, but I think due to Turkey's geographical importance, especially because of the straits, is a bigger issue. Especially considering there is going to be a massive migrant crisis from the civil war soon.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:38 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Atrilan wrote:I mean people don't have much of a reason to. You know as well as I that the IEC is figuring how to change that with Turkey, but still. I mean, NATO was about to go mega gung-ho but they didn't because of Sarawak and the player switch.

That is a good point, the newer events should shake some interest into it. Though I suppose that brings up a question: which conflict is more important? Both are, but I think due to Turkey's geographical importance, especially because of the straits, is a bigger issue. Especially considering there is going to be a massive migrant crisis from the civil war soon.

Oh Turkey is absolutely more important, I guess Sarawak just seemed more looming an issue. I dunno ask Chewie why he addressed Sarawak instead
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Oh Turkey is absolutely more important, I guess Sarawak just seemed more looming an issue. I dunno ask Chewie why he addressed Sarawak instead

I was going to address both but the response for Turkey was more detailed and time-consuming.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Well, at least we can't complain about inactivity in Southeast Asia, can we? I suppose Chewie would have posted for Turkey had he not switched to Poland.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Atrilan wrote:Oh Turkey is absolutely more important, I guess Sarawak just seemed more looming an issue. I dunno ask Chewie why he addressed Sarawak instead

Well, at least we can't complain about inactivity in Southeast Asia, can we? I suppose Chewie would have posted for Turkey had he not switched to Poland.

I wish I were in a more...well...accessible locations for both things. But being shoved in the corner of North Africa limits my options really. I only care about my own affairs and stuff with Algeria, other West African States and Europe. I mean, I could start doing stuff with Mauritania....Hmmm, maybe.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

I wish I were in a more...well...accessible locations for both things. But being shoved in the corner of North Africa limits my options really. I only care about my own affairs and stuff with Algeria, other West African States and Europe. I mean, I could start doing stuff with Mauritania....Hmmm, maybe.

Well, Mauritania is a small country, population-wise, and a lot of people include it in "Greater Morocco" IRL, the Sultan held back on recognizing them for a few years because of this. Not saying you should start kick off something akin to the Balkan Wars in Africa, just throwing the thought out there.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:04 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Well, Mauritania is a small country, population-wise, and a lot of people include it in "Greater Morocco" IRL, the Sultan held back on recognizing them for a few years because of this. Not saying you should start kick off something akin to the Balkan Wars in Africa, just throwing the thought out there.

Time to use my success in the Western Sahara to extend my influence onward. I must not lose momentum.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Time to use my success in the Western Sahara to extend my influence onward. I must not lose momentum.

Western Sahara was just a speedbump.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

I mean Morocco isn't necessarily a huge nation with international relations, for that you'd have to go Germany
or France
or the UK

cough
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

I mean Morocco isn't necessarily a huge nation with international relations, for that you'd have to go Germany
or France
or the UK

cough

I think one of the reasons those nations are so ironically unrepresented is because a lot of RPers prefer a challenge, or at least a more unfamiliar country. Sure, you can RP the UK dozens of times, but how long until it gets old and you want to try something new?
Not to discourage anyone from RPing those countries, just explaining my own thought process.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:57 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Atrilan wrote:I mean Morocco isn't necessarily a huge nation with international relations, for that you'd have to go Germany
or France
or the UK

cough

I think one of the reasons those nations are so ironically unrepresented is because a lot of RPers prefer a challenge, or at least a more unfamiliar country. Sure, you can RP the UK dozens of times, but how long until it gets old and you want to try something new?
Not to discourage anyone from RPing those countries, just explaining my own thought process.

So they want change... eh?

Alright lads hold on having a Scottish insurrection
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

So they want change... eh?

Alright lads hold on having a Scottish insurrection

how 2 say tiocfaidh ar la but in scottish??????????????????????

Republic of Turbin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Turbin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:31 am

[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name - Republic of Turbin
Nation Name - Republic of Hungary
Last edited by Republic of Turbin on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Biden

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 pm

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Rygondria
Nation Name - The State of Japan
Roleplay example link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382741&p=30460383&hilit=Dudley#p30460383- But i have significantly improved since this one but i have been absent from PT2m for a while so i have no recent ones like this

Capital - Tokyo
Type of Government - Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government- Emperor Naruhito
Head of State(s) - Oyakawa Toju
Image of Leader - http://cf.ltkcdn.net/business/images/sl ... Bizman.jpg
Party in Power [HAS TO HAVE 75%+ MEMBERS AS THE LARGEST PARTY IN AT LEAST ONE HOUSE IN THEIR MODERN LEGISLATURE] - The Liberal Democratic Party (LDP)
Executive Title - Prime Minister
Religion Breakdown - Shintoism 79.2%, Buddhism 66.8%, Christianity 1.5%, other 7.1% Both Shinto and Buddhism do infact got well beyond a one hundred percent value mainly due to Syncreticsim in their faith where they identify as both and mix the belief's of both religions into their belief's. Yet however though nearly 80 percent identify as shinto many of these can also identify as non religious, which is about 60 percent or more according to some figures.
Flag - See above
National Anthem -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FFHC2D12Q

Public Goals - To tackle the rising national debt, to try to find a way to reverse the declining birthrate. To regain popularity for the LDP, to speed up economic growth.
Private Goals - To further amend to repel article 9, to restrain Chinese influence in Asia, counter North Korean capabilities, to grow influence in Asia.

Total military size - 310,457 total, 247,157 active, 63,300 reserve
Breakdown of ground sector -
150,000 active personnel
Combat Tanks:679
Armored fighting vehicles:3,178
Self-Propelled Artillery:202
Towed Artillery:500
Rocket Projectors:99
Breakdown of naval sector -
50,800 personnel
Total Naval Assets:131
Helicopter Carriers:4
Frigates:0
Destroyers:36
Corvettes:6
Submarines:17
Patrol Vessles:6
Mine Warfare: 25
Breakdown of airforce sector -
50,324 Personnel
290 fighters
attack aircraft 290
Transports:486
Trainers:404
Total Helicopter Strength:622
Attack Helicopters:84
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]-They can provide alot of their own equipment but alot of military equipment is also purchased from the united States
Extra military information - Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution limits the defense forces from declaring offensive wars and limits them to the defense of japan and it's territories. However it was amended to include a clause for Aiding allies if they are attacked or being apart of a coalition, but for now any offensive wars are forbidden under Japanese law.

Currency -Yen
Currency and value of currency compared to USD -1 Yen=0.0091 USD
Major import/export partners -
Export
China
The United States
South Korea
Other Asian countries
Imports
China
The United States
Australia
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

Major Domestic Issues -The Declining birth rate and rapidly aging population, slow economic growth, a very large nation Debt compared to GDP, a high suicide rate
Major Foreign Issues -The various territoral disputes japan is involved, North Korea and the rise of China, the Sarawak Crisis

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION -Japan, one of the largest economies in the world and a Asian power in it's own right is on a precipice. Japan had emerged from a backwater feudal state into an empire that was comparable to the great empires of Europe, with a policy of rapid and radical expansion during the 20th century. WW2 however broke the Japanese Empire and limited it's military to a more defensive outlook and destroyed it's economy, with the Aid of the US however the Japanese economy rapidly recovered from the war and in what many call the Post war miracle became one of the most prosperous economies in the world. There where a few road bumps but by the 1980s many where believing that japan would one day surpass the United States and become the largest economy in the world, but by the 1990's Japan's economy had stagnated, the assest price bubble had popped and had left Japan stagnating for over 20 years with recovery only beginning in 2010

Now Japan is faced with a large variety of challenges, the National debt has ballooned to extraordinary level's which many fear is unmanageable at this point, the birth rate has declined significantly and the population is rapidly aging to the point where it could be a very large burden on various pensions in the future and the economy is still growing at a very slow rate and is considered still extremely fragile.Even without the issues domestically Japan faces a multitude of threat's outside it's border's, North Korea somewhat defanged recently is still considered a large threat to the Japanese homeland, along with china and Russia with whom Japan has border disputes with along with the Sarawak crisis which theaten's the stability of the whole region. The Ldp in 2026 has recently selected Oyakawa Toju as the successor to the realtively unpopular Takeshi Iwaya with hopes that the relative new face in Japanese politics would help shore up the LDP's approval ratings. Will Mr Oyakawa managed these issues correctly and once again make Japan a formidable power in Asia or will his tenure see a disaster for the Japanese people is a question only time can tell.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Rygondria wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]
(Image)

Nationstates Name - Rygondria
Nation Name - The State of Japan
Roleplay example link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382741&p=30460383&hilit=Dudley#p30460383- But i have significantly improved since this one but i have been absent from PT2m for a while so i have no recent ones like this

Capital - Tokyo
Type of Government - Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government- Emperor Naruhito
Head of State(s) - Oyakawa Toju
Image of Leader - http://cf.ltkcdn.net/business/images/sl ... Bizman.jpg
Party in Power [HAS TO HAVE 75%+ MEMBERS AS THE LARGEST PARTY IN AT LEAST ONE HOUSE IN THEIR MODERN LEGISLATURE] - The Liberal Democratic Party (LDP)
Executive Title - Prime Minister
Religion Breakdown - Shintoism 79.2%, Buddhism 66.8%, Christianity 1.5%, other 7.1% Both Shinto and Buddhism do infact got well beyond a one hundred percent value mainly due to Syncreticsim in their faith where they identify as both and mix the belief's of both religions into their belief's. Yet however though nearly 80 percent identify as shinto many of these can also identify as non religious, which is about 60 percent or more according to some figures.
Flag - See above
National Anthem -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FFHC2D12Q

Public Goals - To tackle the rising national debt, to try to find a way to reverse the declining birthrate. To regain popularity for the LDP, to speed up economic growth.
Private Goals - To further amend to repel article 9, to restrain Chinese influence in Asia, counter North Korean capabilities, to grow influence in Asia.

Total military size - 310,457 total, 247,157 active, 63,300 reserve
Breakdown of ground sector -
150,000 active personnel
Combat Tanks:679
Armored fighting vehicles:3,178
Self-Propelled Artillery:202
Towed Artillery:500
Rocket Projectors:99
Breakdown of naval sector -
50,800 personnel
Total Naval Assets:131
Helicopter Carriers:4
Frigates:0
Destroyers:36
Corvettes:6
Submarines:17
Patrol Vessles:6
Mine Warfare: 25
Breakdown of airforce sector -
50,324 Personnel
290 fighters
attack aircraft 290
Transports:486
Trainers:404
Total Helicopter Strength:622
Attack Helicopters:84
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]-They can provide alot of their own equipment but alot of military equipment is also purchased from the united States
Extra military information - Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution limits the defense forces from declaring offensive wars and limits them to the defense of japan and it's territories. However it was amended to include a clause for Aiding allies if they are attacked or being apart of a coalition, but for now any offensive wars are forbidden under Japanese law.

Currency -Yen
Currency and value of currency compared to USD -1 Yen=0.0091 USD
Major import/export partners -
Export
China
The United States
South Korea
Other Asian countries
Imports
China
The United States
Australia
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

Major Domestic Issues -The Declining birth rate and rapidly aging population, slow economic growth, a very large nation Debt compared to GDP, a high suicide rate
Major Foreign Issues -The various territoral disputes japan is involved, North Korea and the rise of China, the Sarawak Crisis

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION -Japan, one of the largest economies in the world and a Asian power in it's own right is on a precipice. Japan had emerged from a backwater feudal state into an empire that was comparable to the great empires of Europe, with a policy of rapid and radical expansion during the 20th century. WW2 however broke the Japanese Empire and limited it's military to a more defensive outlook and destroyed it's economy, with the Aid of the US however the Japanese economy rapidly recovered from the war and in what many call the Post war miracle became one of the most prosperous economies in the world. There where a few road bumps but by the 1980s many where believing that japan would one day surpass the United States and become the largest economy in the world, but by the 1990's Japan's economy had stagnated, the assest price bubble had popped and had left Japan stagnating for over 20 years with recovery only beginning in 2010

Now Japan is faced with a large variety of challenges, the National debt has ballooned to extraordinary level's which many fear is unmanageable at this point, the birth rate has declined significantly and the population is rapidly aging to the point where it could be a very large burden on various pensions in the future and the economy is still growing at a very slow rate and is considered still extremely fragile.Even without the issues domestically Japan faces a multitude of threat's outside it's border's, North Korea somewhat defanged recently is still considered a large threat to the Japanese homeland, along with china and Russia with whom Japan has border disputes with along with the Sarawak crisis which theaten's the stability of the whole region. The Ldp in 2026 has recently selected Oyakawa Toju as the successor to the realtively unpopular Takeshi Iwaya with hopes that the relative new face in Japanese politics would help shore up the LDP's approval ratings. Will Mr Oyakawa managed these issues correctly and once again make Japan a formidable power in Asia or will his tenure see a disaster for the Japanese people is a question only time can tell.

Accepted
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:18 pm

We def gon’ get a MSZP-ruled Hungary or something.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:30 am

Greater Redosia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

What are you planning, Moroccan?
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

What are you planning, Moroccan?

I dunno but I bet it's gonna be epic

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:01 pm

But y'all know what's even more epic?????????

Some new players taking up countries in Western Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Da Klan wrote:But y'all know what's even more epic?????????

Some new players taking up countries in Western Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America.

Would indeed be very epic, my Egyptian comrade. Very on-the-nose.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Da Klan wrote:But y'all know what's even more epic?????????

Would indeed be very epic, my Egyptian comrade. Very on-the-nose.

I always say the epicest of things.

You know what would be even more EPIC?

[Strike]IF THE PEOPLE ON OUR DISCORD SERVER ACTUALLY TALKED IN THE OOC FORUM LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE[/spoiler]

China giving me money with no intention to be repayed or expecting any sort of favors in return.

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Though that's just me Axalis. The definition of epic varies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse