NATION

PASSWORD

2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS [OOC | COBALT NETWORK SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Atrilan wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Atrilan
Nation Name - People's Republic of China
Roleplay example link - This?

Capital - Bejing
Type of Government - Unitary Autocratic Pseudo-Republic
Head of State(s) - Li Keqiang
Image of Leader
Party in Power - Chinese Communist Party
Executive Title - General Secretary
Religion Breakdown
73% - Nonreligious
16% - Buddhism
7% - Folk religions
3% - Christianity
1% - Islam

Flag
National Anthem - Here you are[optional]

Public Goals - To assure China as the world's top economy, establish trade ties with Europe, counter American influence, complete the One Belt One Road
Private Goals - Establish a sphere of Chinese-loyal nations, use ESPO to gain influence in Russia and Central Asia, resist democratization efforts and secure China as the perfect dictatorship of the 21st century, keep India in their place, reclaim Taiwan

Total military size - 4,353,000
Breakdown of ground sector -
9,000 combat tanks;
12,000 AFVs;
2,500 SPA;
8,000 towed artillery;
2,000 MRP
Breakdown of naval sector -
5 aircraft carriers;
5 amphibious transport docks;
31 landing ship tanks;
31 landing ship medium;
34 destroyers;
56 frigates;
37 corvettes;
122 missile boats;
94 submarine chasers;
29 gunboats;
34 mine countermeasure vessels;
78 submarines;
12 replenishment ships;
Breakdown of airforce sector -
1,600 fighters;
1,900 attack;
800 transport;
400 trainers;
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE] - Russia
Extra military information - Hu administration poured funds into R&D, some outdated equipment being sold to compensate

Currency - Yuan
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 CNY > 0.14 USD
Major import/export partners -
IMPORT: United States (9.9%)
South Korea (9.8%)
Japan (9.8%)
Germany (7.0%)
Other Asia (6.5%)

EXPORT:
United States (19%)
Hong Kong (11%)
Japan (6.6%)
Germany (4.4%)
South Korea (3.8%)

Major Domestic Issues - Democratization push by Hu causing the idea to gain traction, Tibet being in a limbo land, lack of economic growth, corporate debt
Major Foreign Issues - American influence in SEA, Indian influence in SEA, the Sarawak Debacle

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION - China had taken a turn in the past several years under the Hu administration. Among several economic policies which have stabilized possible economic collapse, albeit slowed economic progress down in the process, the concept of democratization had gained attractiveness by Hu and his cabinet. They pushed through anti-corruption and liberty laws, which culminated in the Million Man Protest in Beijing, demanding further developments on the field of democratization. Pandora's Box had been opened and, when power seems unstable, insiders will take advantage. Hu was forced out of office not long after the protests began and was replaced with Li Keqiang of the CPP, who accused the former administration of paying off members of the National Assembly to vote in democratization in an effort to "destroy China from the inside."

Accepted

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 pm

wait axalis can i deny ur app and then accept it again so i can feel a rush of power

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 pm

Da Klan wrote:wait axalis can i deny ur app and then accept it again so i can feel a rush of power

Go crazy.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 am

Pimps Inc wrote:
Granluras wrote:I’m taking initiative and announcing the Vatican is, ironically, not to be touched.

Pius XIII is canon and untouchable you slimy italian

Ah blow me you leeching Mexican
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 am

Granluras wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Pius XIII is canon and untouchable you slimy italian

Ah blow me you leeching Mexican

Keep the assholishness of the forum. Mods tend to lock forums when processing warnings.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:50 am

Atrilan wrote:
Granluras wrote:Ah blow me you leeching Mexican

Keep the assholishness of the forum. Mods tend to lock forums when processing warnings.

If anyone reports us for classic Cobaltian roughhousery on a Cobaltian forum they can go to the gulag
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:09 pm

John don’t make me write up you and your future application a demerit.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:John don’t make me write up you and your future application a demerit.

Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:48 pm

I'm guessing this RP is open for the general public? If so, please reserve Poland.

Additional question - how much liberty do I have when writing the country's history past 2018? I was thinking of making Poland an authoritarian democracy or even a borderline dictatorship outside of the EU/it's European alliance. This, of course, would be explained in detail, hopefully providing a nuanced understanding of the actions taken by its leaders.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Alozia wrote:I'm guessing this RP is open for the general public? If so, please reserve Poland.

Additional question - how much liberty do I have when writing the country's history past 2018? I was thinking of making Poland an authoritarian democracy or even a borderline dictatorship outside of the EU/it's European alliance. This, of course, would be explained in detail, hopefully providing a nuanced understanding of the actions taken by its leaders.

We already had a Poland, so everything he’s ever done is canon and you’ll have to follow suit. Also, elections are controlled by the IE, so it’s hard to even say you can switch out the current leader with a more authoritarian one and carry out what you just said. Besides things like that, this is a quite unrestricted roleplay and you might be able to subtly “authoritarianize” the country, like increase the presence of far-right politicians, have far-right rallies pop up more, and my favorite, introduce Hard Eurosceptic politicians.

Although for good measure, as I’m just a player, I’d consult with the [CO-]OPs—Greater Rhedosia, Atrilan, and Nancivania.
Last edited by Granluras on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Granluras wrote:
Alozia wrote:I'm guessing this RP is open for the general public? If so, please reserve Poland.

We already had a Poland, so everything he’s ever done is canon and you’ll have to follow suit. Also, elections are controlled by the IE, so it’s hard to even say you can switch out the current leader with a more authoritarian one and carry out what you just said. Besides things like that, this is a quite unrestricted roleplay and you might be able to subtly “authoritarianize” the country, like increase the presence of far-right politicians, have far-right rallies pop up more, and my favorite, introduce Hard Eurosceptic politicians.

Although for good measure, as I’m just a player, I’d consult with the [CO-]OPs—Greater Rhedosia, Atrilan, and Nancivania.

Most of what Granluras has typed is true, you have most liberties in regards to making your nation once you have applied. Though if there was a nation before, you tend have to continue where they left off until you are in an area where you can succeed in placing your own agenda in the making. As for euroscepticism, Granluras you tend not to do a good job from what I hear. That you even make a person like the Latvian player cringe at how hard you try to be as Eurosceptic.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Granluras wrote:We already had a Poland, so everything he’s ever done is canon and you’ll have to follow suit. Also, elections are controlled by the IE, so it’s hard to even say you can switch out the current leader with a more authoritarian one and carry out what you just said. Besides things like that, this is a quite unrestricted roleplay and you might be able to subtly “authoritarianize” the country, like increase the presence of far-right politicians, have far-right rallies pop up more, and my favorite, introduce Hard Eurosceptic politicians.

Most of what Granluras has typed is true, you have most liberties in regards to making your nation once you have applied. Though if there was a nation before, you tend have to continue where they left off until you are in an area where you can succeed in placing your own agenda in the making. As for euroscepticism, Granluras you tend not to do a good job from what I hear. That you even make a person like the Latvian player cringe at how hard you try to be as Eurosceptic.

And why do I care about him?

@Alozia don’t listen to the stupid Moroccan, zapoczątkujemy wielką erę dla Polski!
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm

First of all, Granulas I must say that I'm impressed with your Polish, although I'm guessing it's a result of Google Translate getting better?

Secondly, I did check and Poland does in fact have an already established history past 2018 with it's nuances so I wouldn't want to destroy that. I might go with Hungary, although I'm open to suggestions. I'm curious about what nations are still open, especially in Europe and what we would call the West.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Alozia wrote:First of all, Granulas I must say that I'm impressed with your Polish, although I'm guessing it's a result of Google Translate getting better?

Secondly, I did check and Poland does in fact have an already established history past 2018 with it's nuances so I wouldn't want to destroy that. I might go with Hungary, although I'm open to suggestions. I'm curious about what nations are still open, especially in Europe and what we would call the West.

Well, Europe is still very open. Hungary, Romania, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia. Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal. All those Balkan nations. Scandinavia mostly is open. There is also I think Canada? I'm not entirely certain there.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Alozia wrote:First of all, Granulas I must say that I'm impressed with your Polish, although I'm guessing it's a result of Google Translate getting better?

Aw shucks. :blush:
Last edited by Granluras on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Hiya, so most of Europe is still open. The big changes to know about: NATO got reformed, Ukraine just joined the EU and the UK is preparing a referendum to apply for membership. The EU also got a package of reforms referred to as the multispeed reforms. They split the eu into a set of tiers with different levels of integration. From less integration to more, the tiers are: customs and defence union, member of EU parliament, eurozone member, federalisation.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

South America is in the WESTern Hemisphere, eh!??
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:

South America is in the WESTern Hemisphere, eh!??

Stop trying to peddle your wares Mexico

But no seriously, Venezuela and Brazil mega interesting
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 pm

Nations are on the roster, maps are a bit outdated since there's been some swapping in the last week.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am

Atrilan wrote:

Nations are on the roster, maps are a bit outdated since there's been some swapping in the last week.

Biggest swap being Atrilan the former German player becoming China and Zhukovian the former China player becoming Philippines.

Da Klan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:02 am

What kinda nations do you like to play as usually? I don't just culturally ofc, but just what type of nations do you have the most fun playing as?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 pm

You know the only people who can join this RP are people with massive dongs.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:South America is in the WESTern Hemisphere, eh!??

Stop trying to peddle your wares Mexico

Venezuelan civil war could be a thing. Or Operation Venezuelan Freedom.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Atrilan wrote:Stop trying to peddle your wares Mexico

Venezuelan civil war could be a thing. Or Operation Venezuelan Freedom.

Stewart definitely sounds like the type of president to support a costly foreign intervention with a nice sounding codename.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 am

Players who have their average font size as this in IC posts are the those kids back in school that used to either have autisticly long spaces in-between words and have letters spanning two lines when they did homework.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse