NATION

PASSWORD

2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS [OOC | COBALT NETWORK SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:09 am

Bentus wrote:How quickly does time pass in this RP, out of curiosity? I assume that the pace changes depending on what's happening, but in general what would be a good rule of thumb? I'm hoping to get a post up by the end of the week, so apologies for the delay!

"ONE PAGE IS SIX MONTHS, FOUR POSTS IS ONE MONTH EXCLUDING IE POSTS" -Axalis

This is from the IC, so there ya go my friend.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 am

Vanquaria wrote:1) I find it very difficult to believe that within 6 years the country was not just able to change its national anthem, but didn't even change it to the unofficial and widely known ‘We are Australia’. Just because I am a perfectionist, please either ‘Advance Australia Fair’ or ‘We are Australia’.
2) I know this is just like nothing at all but there are other reasonably popular religions in Australia, particularly variants of christianity other than Anglicanism. So sorry but it just slightly annoys me.
3) YES PLEASE DO AUSTRALIAN REPUBLIC I WOULD BE SO SO HAPPY xD
4) Whilst it is not like a huge growth I did notice that the Armed Forces grew in number a bit, so could you possibly break it down into active and reserve so I can just review it?

1) Uh the land down under song thing was just a joke mate, i included the advance aus anthem below it but since it hasnt been grasped, np since yall be foreigners, ill change it for ya
2) ???????? i listed a bunch of other religions like islam then did MULTICULTURALISM at the end. didnt realise it was i had to list even more for some ppl to understand
3) ya
4) ya

1) Oh sorry, didn’t watch the videos and assumed that the link underneath was the same
2) Nah it is just me being pedantic
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 am

Pacificora wrote:
Vanquaria wrote:1) I find it very difficult to believe that within 6 years the country was not just able to change its national anthem, but didn't even change it to the unofficial and widely known ‘We are Australia’. Just because I am a perfectionist, please either ‘Advance Australia Fair’ or ‘We are Australia’.
2) I know this is just like nothing at all but there are other reasonably popular religions in Australia, particularly variants of christianity other than Anglicanism. So sorry but it just slightly annoys me.
3) YES PLEASE DO AUSTRALIAN REPUBLIC I WOULD BE SO SO HAPPY xD
4) Whilst it is not like a huge growth I did notice that the Armed Forces grew in number a bit, so could you possibly break it down into active and reserve so I can just review it?

1) Uh the land down under song thing was just a joke mate, i included the advance aus anthem below it but since it hasnt been grasped, np since yall be foreigners, ill change it for ya
2) ???????? i listed a bunch of other religions like islam then did MULTICULTURALISM at the end. didnt realise it was i had to list even more for some ppl to understand
3) ya
4) ya

1) Oh sorry, didn’t watch the videos and assumed that the link underneath was the same
2) Nah it is just me being pedantic

You crazy aussie.

RPs I'm currently in:

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am

Reservations for Japan, Brazil, and North Korea have just expired. Feel free to apply as them.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 am

Pacificora wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Hum...I don't 100% agree with the fact that Argentina has no need to really arm that fast, especially in the wake of the United States going back from it's foreign commitments and the increasing tensions with Brazil. And as you stated, we would still be under-powered compared to Brazil, which would be seen as a major threat in the future to Argentina due to my previous statements. Argentina is also rather isolated in South America, and although yes Chile and Bolivia would be smaller in terms of military to Argentina, Argentina is much bigger then these countries and either way would be bigger. And since Brazil would still be the top dog in Brazil, Argentina follows as a secondary power in South America which is what it is anyway and would stay so the balance of power is not really disrupted. And to be honest, I have zero intention on starting wars against other South American powers unless absolutely necessary. The main issue however, is without these improvements Argentina will be far behind once 2024 hits. They have millions of soldiers they could call, a much bigger military, much more developed air, army, and naval assets, etc. Point simply being, I'm already at a massive disadvantage when put up against Brazil alone, that I don't feel that it's fair to limit me from engaging in this because of the concerns of Chile and Bolivia. That to me is like stopping the United States from ramping up some of it's military, because of Mexico.

Once again, normally this would be of no issue at all, except for one thing, and that is the fact that have an applicant for Chile.

I don't see how this is an issue. If this is really not that big of an issue as you claim as well, what's wrong with accepting the applications and if the Chile applicant wants to, he can be allowed to edit in additional information to compensate? I don't understand why I need to limit myself, on behalf of another person when it's reasonable to have this as we all stated.
Last edited by Waztaskio on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:33 am

Is there a limit to how big our history section is? I’m on my fourth paragraph and still have at least 3-4 more. And these are decent sized paragraphs.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am

Atrilan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Alaroma, checking in daddy Atrilan!
Nation Name - The (GLORIOUS) Russian Federation
Roleplay example link -

Capital - MOSCOW
Type of Government - Semi-Presidential Republic
Head of State(s) - (DADDY) Vladimir Putin
Image of Leader -

Party in Power [HAS TO HAVE 75%+ MEMBERS AS THE LARGEST PARTY IN AT LEAST ONE HOUSE IN THEIR MODERN LEGISLATURE] - The United Russia Party
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown -
48.3- Christianity
25%- Spiritual but not Religious
13%- Atheism
6.5%- Islam
7.2%- Mix
Flag -

National Anthem - [optional]

Public Goals - Growing Closer with CSTO Nations, Making Russia "Open for Business", Addressing relations with China/USA/Europe
Private Goals - Establish Russia is the premier power in Europe, position Russia in the position of power in Europe, handle/influence politics in Asia, Continue Modernization, Negotiate future relations with USA, India and China.(Economic ones)

Total military size -
Breakdown of ground sector -
400,000 Active Duty
20,230 Tanks(Includes MBTs, Light, etc)
31,400 AFMs
6,000 SPA
4,700 PA
3,800 Rocket Projectors
Breakdown of naval sector -
175,000 Active Personnel
2 Aircraft Carrier
1 Battle cruiser (This is apparently a thing.....)
12 Frigates
27 Destroyers
81 Corvettes
67 Submarines
46 Mine Warfare Vessels
Breakdown of airforce sector -
150,000 Active Personell
1,023 Fighter Aircraft
1,503 Attack Aircraft
1,130 Transport Aircraft
392 Trainer Aircraft

2,600,000 Reserves

Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- I am the major foreign military supplier.
Extra military information - The second largest military exporter of arms in the World.

Currency - The (ALMIGHTY) Russian Rubble
Currency and value of currency compared to USD -0.018
Major import/export partners -
Major trading partners of Russia are Germany, Italy, China, Turkey, Poland, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, and Finland.

Russia provides most of the needs of the CIS countries in oil and oil products, gas, timber, machinery and equipment. For the majority of CIS countries Russia remains the main trading partner. It also is a major supplier of Gas/Oil for Europe.

Major Domestic Issues - Diversifying the economy, putting people to work, getting back purchasing power, punching economic inequality in the face.
Major Foreign Issues - Expanding Russian Influence, Consolidating Russian Allies, Resisting Europe, regaing Trade partners, Reassesing who is closest to Russia.

History [MUST LINE UP WITH HISTORY IN "STATUS" SECTION, NOT SET IN STONE AND MUST BE APPROVED BY OPs, WRITE IT LIKE IT'S GOING IN THE "STATUS" SECTION -
Now, after the victory of Vladimir in the 2018 Russian Elections, he had breathing room. He set about trying to diversify the Russian economy, which meant lowering investment in things as such as pensions and rising investment in Education, improved infrastructure, and R&D. With this, the initial reaction was varied. Some, especially the older population, reacted by protesting. However others took this with stride, seeing this as a chance to help the economy. Sectors like Lumber began picking up production, and overall the economy was laying the foundation roads to a more diversified Russian Economy. This included working on different use of mineral resources instead of just relying on Oil and Gas, and beginning to fund, as stated before, different parts of the economy. Including technology and the such. With this, it was hopped the Russian Economy would gradually begin it's climb back to being part of the more prosperous economies of the world. However there was some challenges that had to be met first, and they weren't purely economical.

Then came the 2022 incident, which was used to mask more economic reforms and more opportunities for Russia to fix the muck it found itself stuck in. Now this gave opportunity for Oligarch Elite who disagreed ed a little to vehemently with the new economic policies which began to change the fortunes of the Russian economy, which could not be stopped. However for the most part, it was doing gradually enough for the impact to not hurt anyone too much. Well, maybe not some people, but with the Virumaa Crisis in full swing, patriotism has a way of doing away with previous grievances. It also began more armaments, such as the Pro-Russian side in the Ukrainian civil war, keeping a close eye on the situation there. The mood was right, and as the United Russia party continues to consolidate over Russia, Putin must prepare for who his successor will be, and how he(Or She) will lead Russia. In this event, they will continue the policies that Putin carried out, and while Putin will loom in the political arena, the Successor to him will have to face new challenges to the Russian people. Russia can only go up from this point, however the main opponent was time. Yes, indeed, it was time. Conflict was unavoidable, so the Russian Federation had much to do. From securing friendships, to making new ones, to making Russia what it once was. The goals? To make Russia Strong again. To make Russia Rich again. To make Russia Great Again. Для Родины!

With all those memes at the beginning, I would've denied you so quickly if I didn't know you were good xD

Also, just note that most of the patriotism from the Virumaa Crisis has subsided. Other than that, Accepted.

Got it, good to note.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

Chewion wrote:Is there a limit to how big our history section is? I’m on my fourth paragraph and still have at least 3-4 more. And these are decent sized paragraphs.

I do not think there is a limit chewie, if anything more information the better.

RPs I'm currently in:

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Chewion wrote:Is there a limit to how big our history section is? I’m on my fourth paragraph and still have at least 3-4 more. And these are decent sized paragraphs.

I do not think there is a limit chewie, if anything more information the better.

Cool. I sorta lost myself in the research and all that and I’m really into this Sweden thing. It’s a very interesting country if you look into it.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Chewion wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Cool. I sorta lost myself in the research and all that and I’m really into this Sweden thing. It’s a very interesting country if you look into it.

Bah, who needs Sweden. Morocco is number one.

RPs I'm currently in:

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Chewion wrote:Cool. I sorta lost myself in the research and all that and I’m really into this Sweden thing. It’s a very interesting country if you look into it.

Russia looms
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Russia looms

glares back with the Arab League

RPs I'm currently in:

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Russia looms

Slowly wooing Arab Countries
-Nuverkikstan

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Slowly wooing Arab Countries

is a literal member of the Arab league and is willing to cooperate with a European business that could bring wealth to North Africa.

RPs I'm currently in:

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

RPs I'm currently in:

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Slowly wooing Arab Countries

is a literal member of the Arab league and is willing to cooperate with a European business that could bring wealth to North Africa.

Or Neo-Colonialism
-Nuverkikstan

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Or Neo-Colonialism

They are already too divided between themselves and against you.

RPs I'm currently in:

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Would it be ok to include military purchases and stuff in my history? Stuff that took place from 2018-2024?

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Chewion wrote:Would it be ok to include military purchases and stuff in my history? Stuff that took place from 2018-2024?

I would think so, as long as it is nothing too major I would assume.

RPs I'm currently in:

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Chewion wrote:Would it be ok to include military purchases and stuff in my history? Stuff that took place from 2018-2024?

I mean it’s not on the level of buying an aircraft carrier or anything. Just some SPA, MBTs, a few more ships, and not scraping planes that are supposed to be scrapped in a few years IRL.

All in all it amounts to maybe 3-4 billion dollars worth of stuff over the course of 6 years and I doubled my defense budget to bring it up to 3% GDP.

If this isn’t ok I’ll remove it.

Nancivania
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2016

Postby Nancivania » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Chewion wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

I mean it’s not on the level of buying an aircraft carrier or anything. Just some SPA, MBTs, a few more ships, and not scraping planes that are supposed to be scrapped in a few years IRL.

All in all it amounts to maybe 3-4 billion dollars worth of stuff over the course of 6 years and I doubled my defense budget to bring it up to 3% GDP.

3% of the economy? In Sweden?

I'd say that's unlikely
National Information
Leader - King Marton II
Capital - Orka
Population - 35,351,804 est
Currency - Wakka
Roleplay Information
Beyond The Void (planned) - Escojian Empire
Persian Mortals (planned) - Gallic Kingdom
-
-

THE KINGDOM OF NANCIVANIA
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDING MEMBER
Est. 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Nancivania wrote:
Chewion wrote:I mean it’s not on the level of buying an aircraft carrier or anything. Just some SPA, MBTs, a few more ships, and not scraping planes that are supposed to be scrapped in a few years IRL.

3% of the economy? In Sweden?

I'd say that's unlikely

They had it before last time Russia, then the Soviets, were acting aggressively I believe. I figured it wouldn’t be surprising if they did so again with the US all but out of the picture and Russia poking around.

If not what do you think is a reasonable increase?

Nancivania
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2016

Postby Nancivania » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nancivania wrote:3% of the economy? In Sweden?

I'd say that's unlikely

They had it before last time Russia, then the Soviets, were acting aggressively I believe. I figured it wouldn’t be surprising if they did so again with the US all but out of the picture and Russia poking around.

I'd say 2-2.5% tops

The country still has a lot of cleaning up to do from the migrant crisis
National Information
Leader - King Marton II
Capital - Orka
Population - 35,351,804 est
Currency - Wakka
Roleplay Information
Beyond The Void (planned) - Escojian Empire
Persian Mortals (planned) - Gallic Kingdom
-
-

THE KINGDOM OF NANCIVANIA
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDING MEMBER
Est. 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Nancivania wrote:
Chewion wrote:They had it before last time Russia, then the Soviets, were acting aggressively I believe. I figured it wouldn’t be surprising if they did so again with the US all but out of the picture and Russia poking around.

I'd say 2-2.5% tops

Ok that still leaves me with I think 11-12 billion USD for my budget. That is just a guess off the top of my head.

Nations United for Conquest
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2016

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Chewion wrote:
Nancivania wrote:I'd say 2-2.5% tops

Ok that still leaves me with I think 11-12 billion USD for my budget. That is just a guess off the top of my head.

[-Redacted-]
Last edited by Nations United for Conquest on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Leader - Prime Minister Alaro Kuhn
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
The Coming Storm - PLANNED
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF OSKANO
COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663