NATION

PASSWORD

The Stagnate Empire ( OOC, Open, Sci-fi )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chronodosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chronodosia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 am

Taggity Tag.
"Honor, Strength, and Courage, these are the virtues of the world. I hold all these truths to be self evident in almost every one but they bury them beneath Greed, Cowardice, and Lust, these are the Sins of the World."- quote by Me.
Chronodosia military policy: you will be Honorable or be whipped 5 lashes in public, you will be Strong and defend those weaker than you or you will be whipped 20 lashes in public, you will be Courageous or you will be Whipped 5 lashes in public, If you dissreguard these tenets of the CM you will be executed by quartering. RP only
Defcon
1: War Footing
2: Pre-War Footing
3: Mobalise Army
4: Protect boarders
5: Peace
The Chronodosian Civil War of 1798 : Won

Chronodosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chronodosia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:19 pm

what is a example of the technology?
"Honor, Strength, and Courage, these are the virtues of the world. I hold all these truths to be self evident in almost every one but they bury them beneath Greed, Cowardice, and Lust, these are the Sins of the World."- quote by Me.
Chronodosia military policy: you will be Honorable or be whipped 5 lashes in public, you will be Strong and defend those weaker than you or you will be whipped 20 lashes in public, you will be Courageous or you will be Whipped 5 lashes in public, If you dissreguard these tenets of the CM you will be executed by quartering. RP only
Defcon

Chronodosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chronodosia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Character App
Name:Jon Fulguris
Appearance:

Species: Human
Occupation: Soldier and Leader of The Tempestas, Captain of Noctis Lucis Tempestas.
Religion ( if any ): Belives in Ancient Roman Pagenism
Political affiliation ( if any ): Modified Human Supremacy
Personality: Calm and Collected, Charismatic. Cruel if pushed and ruthless in battle.

Bio: Jon was born to two Human Soldiers of the Federation Army on Earth. He lived with with older sister and grandparents for several years after his birth. When is sister left their grandparents at the age of 18 when he was 5, Jon left with her as she loved him and allowed him to form his own ideas and thoughts. She then used her savings from every job and what she inherited from their parents to move them to a far rim planet in the Outer Rim of the Federation, named Pulvis Diaboli. This planet was a desert planet that had a small equator band of jungle. Upon becoming seven Jon was taught how to shoot and, at the age of fifteen, how to command from the planets government when he joined the local government's Police Force to keep peace on the planet. At the age of nineteen Jon was promoted to a precinct commander. Over the next eleven years Jon implanted himself into the planetary government and gaining followers in like minded individuals. Jon created the Tempestas when he was 25 to give the people that followed him a name to call themselves. John had bought his Cruiser sized hauler at age twenty-five and had it crewed with his most loyal Tempestas members and had them do intra-system cargo hauling for the next seven years. At the age of thirty Jon had earned enough money, though his cargo hauling business and his job as Pulvis Diaboli's Chief of Police, to construct a space station outside the systems asteroid belt between the belt and a binary gas giant pair. The station, named station Tempestas, became the HQ of the Tempestas and had residential space for 100,000 people. Jon has also bought nine more cruiser sized haulers and had all ten haulers refitted into Tempest-class cruisers via the closest black market hub.

Interesting info-Opt.( help build your character ): Jon is a master sharpshooter and holds the loyalty of his ships crew and all his Captains.
Current Location: Station Tempestas
RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=270780

Faction App
Faction Name: The Tempestas
What is the nature of this group ( political, militant, religious, etc. )?: Militant
Where is the HQ ( if one exists ) of this group ( where's it being led from )?: Station Tempestas
Who is the leader/s if there are any to speak of?: Jon Fulguris
How many official and full members are in the faction: 20,000 SOldiers 30,000 Navel Personal, 50,000 military total.
Is this group legal and it's existence accepted ( if at all known ) by the GF?: Illegal
What is the purpose of this group?: to create a Empire built on Humans on top of the food chain with Mutant Slaves at the bottom
Logos or symbols?: a symbol of the Tempestas(Its Latin for Storm)
History: A group of Likeminded Humans that agree with Jon Fulguris that mutants should serve humans without reservation and with loyalty.
Interesting Info-Opt. ( flesh out your faction ): All members of The Tempestas believe that mutants should serve humans and no one that doesn't believe that is accepted into the group. Divided into guerrilla cells of 75 people, 1 cell commander, 4 sub-commanders, and 70 Guerrilla's. has 260 cells on 100 different near planets. Remaining 500 are stationed on Pulvis Diaboli in five cells of 100.

Place of Interest
Location name: Pulvis Diaboli
What is this place ( planet, space station, colony, what )?: Planet
Describe it's features ( if a planet it's ecosystem, if a station - it's design layout and interior )?: Mostly desert with a 10 mile wide band of rain forest on the equator of the planet.
What lives here and how many?: 10 million humans, 900,000 Vien, and 5 million assorted mutants.
What is this place known for ( why is it important? ): a light, high tensile strength metal called stormium, named after the person who discovered it.
Interesting info-Opt. ( flesh out this place ): The planet is a desert planet with a rain forest jungle ten miles wide on the equator. Most people live in the temperate jungle region on the planet.

If this is not enough tell me and I will fix/add stuff.
Last edited by Chronodosia on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Chronodosia wrote:Character App
Name:Jon Fulguris
Appearance:
Occupation: Soldier and Leader of The Tempestas, Captain of Noctis Lucis Tempestas.
Religion ( if any ): Belives in Ancient Roman Pagenism
Political affiliation ( if any ): Modified Human Supremacy
Personality: Calm and Collected, Charismatic. Cruel if pushed and ruthless in battle.

Bio: Jon was born to two Human Soldiers of the Federation Army on Earth. He lived with with older sister and grandparents for several years after his birth. When is sister left their grandparents at the age of 18 when he was 5, Jon left with her as she loved him and allowed him to form his own ideas and thoughts. She then used her savings from every job and what she inherited from their parents to move them to a far rim planet in the Outer Rim of the Federation, named Pulvis Diaboli. This planet was a desert planet that had a small equator band of jungle. Upon becoming seven Jon was taught how to shoot and, at the age of fifteen, how to command from the planets government when he joined the local government's Police Force to keep peace on the planet. At the age of nineteen Jon was promoted to a precinct commander. Over the next eleven years Jon implanted himself into the planetary government and gaining followers in like minded individuals. Jon created the Tempestas when he was 25 to give the people that followed him a name to call themselves. John had bought his Cruiser sized hauler at age twenty-five and had it crewed with his most loyal Tempestas members and had them do intra-system cargo hauling for the next seven years. At the age of thirty Jon had earned enough money, though his cargo hauling business and his job as Pulvis Diaboli's Chief of Police, to construct a space station outside the systems asteroid belt between the belt and a binary gas giant pair. The station, named station Tempestas, became the HQ of the Tempestas and had residential space for 100,000 people. Jon has also bought nine more cruiser sized haulers and had all ten haulers refitted into Tempest-class cruisers via the closest black market hub.

Interesting info-Opt.( help build your character ): Jon is a master sharpshooter and holds the loyalty of his ships crew and all his Captains.
Current Location: Station Tempestas
RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=270780

Faction App
Faction Name: The Tempestas
What is the nature of this group ( political, militant, religious, etc. )?: Militant
Where is the HQ ( if one exists ) of this group ( where's it being led from )?: Station Tempestas
Who is the leader/s if there are any to speak of?: Jon Fulguris
How many official and full members are in the faction: 20,000 SOldiers 30,000 Navel Personal, 50,000 military total.
Is this group legal and it's existence accepted ( if at all known ) by the GF?: Illegal
What is the purpose of this group?: to create a Empire built on Humans on top of the food chain with Mutant Slaves at the bottom
Logos or symbols?: a symbol of the Tempestas(Its Latin for Storm)
History: A group of Likeminded Humans that agree with Jon Fulguris that mutants should serve humans without reservation and with loyalty.
Interesting Info-Opt. ( flesh out your faction ): All members of The Tempestas believe that mutants should serve humans and no one that doesn't believe that is accepted into the group. Divided into guerrilla cells of 75 people, 1 cell commander, 4 sub-commanders, and 70 Guerrilla's. has 260 cells on 100 different near planets. Remaining 500 are stationed on Pulvis Diaboli in five cells of 100.

Place of Interest
Location name: Pulvis Diaboli
What is this place ( planet, space station, colony, what )?: Planet
Describe it's features ( if a planet it's ecosystem, if a station - it's design layout and interior )?: Mostly desert with a 10 mile wide band of rain forest on the equator of the planet.
What lives here and how many?: 10 million humans, 900,000 Vien, and 5 million assorted mutants.
What is this place known for ( why is it important? ): a light, high tensile strength metal called stormium, named after the person who discovered it.
Interesting info-Opt. ( flesh out this place ): The planet is a desert planet with a rain forest jungle ten miles wide on the equator. Most people live in the temperate jungle region on the planet.

If this is not enough tell me and I will fix/add stuff.

Im gonna have to say no to this. Your writing ability isn't quite what I am looking of in this RP
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Does anyone intend on making a separatist character? They are a pretty important to the current situation in the galaxy and if no one intends on RPing as one I will make a a character myself.

Montchevre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Montchevre » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Sounds fun! Tag
I'm tired of the fight. What we need is pragmatic solutions, not party politics.
Quotes:
"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle." Thomas Jefferson
"Fear always springs from ignorance." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The rights of democracy are not reserved for a select group within society; they are the rights of all the people." Olof Palme
"Only an organized and conscious people can bring about a different kind of society." Salvador Allende.

Montchevre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Montchevre » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Joohan wrote:Does anyone intend on making a separatist character? They are a pretty important to the current situation in the galaxy and if no one intends on RPing as one I will make a a character myself.

I can make one if you need me to. He probably won't be up for a few hours though.
I'm tired of the fight. What we need is pragmatic solutions, not party politics.
Quotes:
"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle." Thomas Jefferson
"Fear always springs from ignorance." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The rights of democracy are not reserved for a select group within society; they are the rights of all the people." Olof Palme
"Only an organized and conscious people can bring about a different kind of society." Salvador Allende.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Joohan wrote:Does anyone intend on making a separatist character? They are a pretty important to the current situation in the galaxy and if no one intends on RPing as one I will make a a character myself.

I'm going to make the necessary edits you asked of my app tonight, so the Pact will be much more of a Separatist faction.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

The Intergalactic Russian Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Tagging. Just wondering, but is apping as an extremely high ranking person like the Chief Admiral allowed?
Call me Russia, Rus, or IRE
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:'the Blacks in the region began to proliferate"
What? What does that even mean? Like, they took over and castrated all the non-blacks?

it means the baby daddies and their sugar mommas got busy and out produced the whites asians and everyone else

Apto wrote:
Aeternabilis wrote:Time for the Second Battle for Kongou's Body! Now with 3x the combatants!

That sounds so lewd when taken out of context. :rofl:
clay_the_awsome: Horny teens are what made this species great to begin with
What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms ... or the memory of a brother's smile? - Aemon Targaryen
Flag credit to The Palmetto

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 pm

The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:Tagging. Just wondering, but is apping as an extremely high ranking person like the Chief Admiral allowed?

Yes it is, but with such a position I expect some seriously good writing ability ( and of course dediction )
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Montchevre wrote:

I can make one if you need me to. He probably won't be up for a few hours though.

Don't feel obligated, make who ever you want. I was just curious is all
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Oopsy, wrong account

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Jhet wrote:
Joohan wrote:I like this - I like this a lot. The writing is quite tasteful and the idea is quite original.

This is accepted.

I am curious though, does an official HQ exist? That being, one distinct from any facility held by the Admiralty ( perhaps a planet in unknown space or a space station )?

Si monsiour its Overseer Station Nu. Should be linked to a galaxy map in both the faction details and character boxes (Headqaurters, and Current Location respectively)

Would you care to make a place of interest app?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:Tagging. Just wondering, but is apping as an extremely high ranking person like the Chief Admiral allowed?

Yes it is, but with such a position I expect some seriously good writing ability ( and of course dediction )

Hmm, how good are we talking about here? We talking just "is able to make cohesive, logical posts" or "literally has to make every post a mini-novel"?
Paketo wrote:
What? What does that even mean? Like, they took over and castrated all the non-blacks?

it means the baby daddies and their sugar mommas got busy and out produced the whites asians and everyone else

Apto wrote:
Aeternabilis wrote:Time for the Second Battle for Kongou's Body! Now with 3x the combatants!

What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms ... or the memory of a brother's smile? - Aemon Targaryen

Siberai
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Siberai » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Tagged. Interested in this.
NS Name is not IC Name!
NS Stats are NOT used!
IC Name: Notovasian Tsardom
Siberai does NOT represent my views in the slightest.
I am a depressed gaybean

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm

The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:

Hmm, how good are we talking about here? We talking just "is able to make cohesive, logical posts" or "literally has to make every post a mini-novel"?

Make it sound good

Edit: the first one
Last edited by Joohan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Joohan wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:Hmm, how good are we talking about here? We talking just "is able to make cohesive, logical posts" or "literally has to make every post a mini-novel"?

Make it sound good

Edit: the first one

Alright. I probably won't be a fast poster, mind you. I tend to take a while to post due to being very easily distracted, and also have a few other RPs to work in.
Paketo wrote:

Apto wrote:

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I've made the edits you've asked for (I hope). Reduced the faction size from five fleets to one, and I changed the focus of Vasilchuk to pure separatism. He's still a Grand Admiral, but if he were to pull something, it would only be with one fleet. I feel like keeping the Pact under wraps with the officers of a single fleet is within the realm of possibility.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:32 am

Rodez wrote:I've made the edits you've asked for (I hope). Reduced the faction size from five fleets to one, and I changed the focus of Vasilchuk to pure separatism. He's still a Grand Admiral, but if he were to pull something, it would only be with one fleet. I feel like keeping the Pact under wraps with the officers of a single fleet is within the realm of possibility.

If you are only controlling one fleet then why not just make him an admiral? A Rogue admiral is a lot more likely than a rogue grand admiral anyway.

Also, it would be nice if you could fully edit your faction app, as you currently still have the original format set in with only the membership change.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 am

Joohan wrote:
Rodez wrote:I've made the edits you've asked for (I hope). Reduced the faction size from five fleets to one, and I changed the focus of Vasilchuk to pure separatism. He's still a Grand Admiral, but if he were to pull something, it would only be with one fleet. I feel like keeping the Pact under wraps with the officers of a single fleet is within the realm of possibility.

If you are only controlling one fleet then why not just make him an admiral? A Rogue admiral is a lot more likely than a rogue grand admiral anyway.

Also, it would be nice if you could fully edit your faction app, as you currently still have the original format set in with only the membership change.

Very well, he'll be an Admiral then.

2nd edits complete. :)
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am

Tag for interest.

The Vrree Nations
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vrree Nations » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:34 am

Tagging for interest. I'm planning on a separatist, pro-mutant character/faction. Unfortunately, I have to work all day today, so I'll not have anything until tomorrow at least.

Question: what is the status of genetic engineering? Can/do people deliberately create or modify species?

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm

The Vrree Nations wrote:Tagging for interest. I'm planning on a separatist, pro-mutant character/faction. Unfortunately, I have to work all day today, so I'll not have anything until tomorrow at least.

Question: what is the status of genetic engineering? Can/do people deliberately create or modify species?

Genetic engineering does exist and is used by some colonies to adapt it's people to an extra terrestrial enviorment. These people would be considered 9ne of the many AEH sub species.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Oh hey. App to come.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 pm

Character App

Name: Admiral Leon Tchaikovsky

Appearance: Leon

Occupation: Admiral of the 88th Fleet, also known as the "Fightin' 88"

Religion: Agnostic

Political affiliation: Paternalist

Personality: Dutiful, Resentful, Impetuous, etc.

Bio: Unlike many in the upper echelons of the Federation’s Admiralty, Leon was born neither rich nor in Federation Center. Leon was born in the outer colonies on the Industrial world of Krieg, but he longed to live on a richer and greener world. One night while his parents slept, Leon ran away from his home and made his way to the nearest ship dock with the hope of sneaking aboard a freighter and getting away from his homeworld. Leon managed to make his way to the ship dock and hide between two crates. At that point, Leon experienced "cold feet" and decided to return home.

However, Leon encountered several members of a local criminal gang, who dealt in drugs and human trafficking. They trapped him and attempted to abduct him. Fortunately for Leon, a passing dock constable managed to chase off the thugs and Leon took the opportunity to flee home. He never told his parents about the incident but never gave up his desire to leave Krieg. When a passing Federation fleet cleared out much of the filth and other criminal groups on his world, this convinced Leon that he would Enlist in the Federation Navy.

Shortly thereafter, Leon found himself at the Naval Academy on Titan. Leon threw himself into his studies, and before long proved himself a capable tactician. His greatest failing during his time at the Academy was perhaps his lack of networking. While he got along well with colleagues that held a similar background to himself, he found it difficult to relate to the more affluent and influential students. This would come back to bite him time and again in the future.

It was during his later years at the Academy that he met Drazhan Vasilchuk, and they became fast friends. But, being an upperclassman, Leon was soon shipped off on his first assignment. Despite being in the upper middle of the pack, he was passed over for many of the more prestigious and desirable postings by his social betters. This infuriated Leon to no end, and he would carry a chip on his soldier through the rest of his career.

For many years, Leon would toil in obscurity. Often lagging behind his peers when it came to promotions, largely because the brass disliked him. By the time his friend Drazhan had earned his first captaincy, Leon was still an Executive Officer. This prompted Leon to work tirelessly to prove himself so as not to be left behind. It would, however, still be sometime before his talent was realized.

When finally Leon made the rank of Captain, he was spurned again by being placed in a particularly dangerous and undesirable corner of space. A place in which careers went to die. Despite this, and the incompetence of those under his command. Over the next several years Leon manages to shape up his crew and bring some semblance of order to the region. But, his time in the far reaches of the galaxy had an adverse effect on Leon. He became a hardened man, and it was reflected in many of his future actions.

Seeing the potential in posting Leon to lawless regions to shape them into productive corners of the Galaxy, the higher ups saw fit to promote him to Commodore. For the next decade, Leon spent his time in the outer reaches of civilization, fighting pirates and suppressing rebellions. The exact opposite of what he’d dreamed for all those years ago. Rather than complain, Leon took his anger out on the outer colonies. And while his methods were certainly questionable, his effectiveness was unquestionable.

By the time he was honored with a promotion to Admiral, the name Tchaikovsky was feared all throughout the colonies. The mere threat of bringing Leon into the region was enough to scatter criminal rackets, send pirates cowering, and make seditionists think twice about rebelling. Recently, Leon has put his counter-terrorist mantle behind him. Instead, he focuses his time and burgeoning influence on aiding the Gideon pact, into which he has become a member.

Interesting info-Opt.( help build your character ): One of Leon’s most well known monikers is the Butcher of Cyrene. During his career as a Commodore, Leon was faced with an unyielding rebellion on the planet of Cyrene. Sending in his own forces to clean up the rebellion would have been incredibly costly, so he sent them a simple message asking only once for their surrender, or they would be liquidated. Thinking he was bluffing, the rebels refused. True to his word, Leon ordered his fleet to fire on Cyrene. Eliminating the rebels, but also causing significant collateral damage. While the Federation tried to cover up the massacre, it is still a widely circulated story attesting to Leon’s callousness and the Federation’s negligence.

Current Location: The Outer Colonies

RP sample: One Two
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse