NATION

PASSWORD

Star Trek: Shadow's Forge < Open | OoC >

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Warenton
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Warenton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 pm

In Star Trek Voyager they had an episode where Voyager followed a slipstream-equipped shuttle into the slipstream. It ended up destabilizing, this creating the premise of the episode. It’s possible that we could attempt to destabilize the slipstream via the same method, though it wouldn’t be ideal since it would likely damage or destroy both ships.

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Na, in that episode the slipstream was inherently unstable, the shuttle was trying to provide sensor feedback so Voyager could do the dynamic updates to the slipstream. If the Federation's potentially figured that part out, there is no reason following it would do anything. However, developing something that could destabilize the quantum field could at least bring her down to our speeds.
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:58 am

So, as long as we're grouping up in twos while scouting, does anyone else have a ship equipped with a cloaking device? (Otherwise it seems like cloaking the Triarius while searching the systems the 'Tara hit would be kind of pointless, since the Borg would be able to detect whichever ship enters the system alongside it).

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Uggggh rl give me time to post today.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm

And post coming later today.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Perhaps we should jump into the next stage of the adventure?
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Indeed. Sorry I haven't been here, real life has had me by the arse. Too many things to do, not enough time to do them. Post coming sometime in the next two days, unless someone wants to jump us somewhere.

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:08 am

No worries, real life happens.

As far as Captain Seh is concerned, I'm happy to jump to talking with the designers if you think it's something worth having happen "on screen" - Otherwise I'll just mention that I have and bring out useful technobabble at a critical junction. :lol:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse